EMS (Eureka Managed Services) Professional ServicesNon-payment of contract techs

This company hires small computer companies and freelance techs to provide services and repair to Eureka's customer base. Problem is, you do the work and EMS gets paid by the end customer... you get nothing. After doing my first job and not getting paid, I sent several emails asking for payment. Was the same thing each time; "I don't know why you haven't been paid... I will see to it myself". The owner, Kari Christiansen is a slick scam artist and doesn't deserve to have a company that profits off the backs of well-meaning tech talent. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCAM / FRAUD COMPANY.

• Tm
    Tman Mar 10, 2011

I will second that. Kari did the same thing to me. DO NOT do business with them! Call me if you want more info. Michael at Total Computer & Network Support, LLC. [protected].

• Tm
    Tman Mar 10, 2011

JJC Communications May 25, 2011

I wish I found this post before I did work for them! The first job we did for them they paid. Then I did several other jobs totaling over $3000 and they never paid. Kari is a scam artist and was full of excuses, including giving me tracking numbers for checks that were never shipped.

JJC Communications May 25, 2011

I just noticed the web site update saying that you were paid. PLEASE tell me how you got them to pay!!! John at JJC Communications. [protected]@ jjc-communications.com. [protected], ext. 305.

M&M Cams Jun 17, 2011

@JJC Communications - Did you ever gt paid? They recently contacted my company concerning subcontracting jobs.

• Tt
    TTM Comm Aug 24, 2011

M&M Cams - unless you want to work hard and not get paid for your labors, I would HIGHLY suggest you do not do work for Kari or Kristian at EMS. We are yet another company that they did not pay for services rendered. I don't understand how scam artists like this are dealing with such high end internation retail chains.

• Ce
    Cerion Aug 24, 2011

Have you ever heard about the less999 website ? I would like to buy a wedding dress on their website but I am a little worried about the quality ? Because the price on their website is so lower. The dress I am interested in is a One Shoulder Strap Floor Length Wedding Dress Style 0011 .Who can give me some advice?

• Ra
    rafelly Aug 25, 2011

Hi, I ever tried the less999 website . I t is really a good dress website . Their dresses are made by their own so the price is so lower since I asked their customer service the same question. The dress I received is a red beautiful dress. It really worth the price . I am intended to buy another dresss from them and hope you can have a good purchasing experience.

JJC Communications Oct 12, 2011

@M&M Cams - No we still haven't gotten paid. She still comes up with one BS excuse after another. Stay away from them!!!

• Fe
    feemelvis Oct 18, 2011

Yet another victim here of Eureka Incorporated. I did one job and they actually paid me. Did two additional job over 2k and I have yet to be paid. Same thing, they keep promising to pay, but no check in the mail. Been over 6 months. email me if you want more info. [protected]@nwtsf.com. Jason Feemster - Santa Fe Computer.

• Fe
    feemelvis Dec 06, 2011

I was able to work everything out with EMS, thank you Kari. I would remove my complaint, but I can not figure out how to do so. Jason Feemster - Santa Fe Computer.

• Tr
    truthseekerkp Feb 14, 2012

Thought I just submitted a complaint, but don't see it here. The same thing has happened to us...many, many calls and excuses by Kari and twice being told the check was/had been sent, but we never received it. It is now 9 months after the job.
    Trying to get a hold of a person at Dick's Sporting Goods to let them know that EMS Eureka is ripping off the people who actually do the work in their stores...but it seems they also don't want to talk to anyone and their company has many complaints against them, we'll see if the person I left a message for calls back - maybe the people who run Dick's are friends with Kari and her husband and they are all out to make money however they can get away with it! DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH EITHER ONE!

• Tr
    truthseekerkp Feb 24, 2012

We did receive payment...interestingly we got a call from Kari not long after posting the comment above (Feb 14) saying she was sending a check and it did arrive 2 days later.
    Now today she called and says having her husband in the complaint has to be retracted. Can't find a way to change/delete the comment above, apparently others can't either. She implied her husband has nothing to do with her work and also threatened to sue if we didn't remove the statement including husband (this was posted only on the comment above as we never could get our complaint to actually file and you really have to search to find this comment thread). Apparently the man that works with her, we thought his name was Christiansen, is not her husband.
    What to believe?
    This is the 2nd time to try to post this.

Josh Hiatt Apr 17, 2012

I too have done work for Kari and got paid for most things except the last job I did for a Dicks Sporting goods in Modesto and now she refuses to answer or return my calls, I wonder what would happen if we all got together and just went out and removed the devices we installed or got together with a class action lawsuit against them and Dicks or or any of the other companies that we installed systems in and found out about placing liens against the properties we installed in, its worth a shot and thats what I will be doing. I agree with one of the former comments about how people like this could be landing such large contracts it still amazes me.
    Josh Hiatt

Eureka EMS
    Office [protected], X 4311
    Fax [protected]
    Cell [protected]
    SHE HAS GIVEN EVERY EXCUSE IN THE BOOK AND HAS NOT PAID, IT HAS BEEN ALMOST A YEAR! Anyone out there please do not install for this person. We did the work, end client was Hurley International, surf shop and NOT PAID! Email me if you have any questions [protected]@gmail.com

• In
    IntegralBecks May 08, 2012

UPDATE- She is claiming to pay. I will let you all know as soon as she does. She may not be a Scam artist after all. We will see, I will post as soon as I get payment to let you all know.

JJC Communications Jun 17, 2013

My company did 5 jobs for Eureka and she only paid on 1 (the smallest one). They owe us almost $5, 000 now. This has been going on for over 3 years now and we're just about to take them to court. Kari Christiansen and her husband will give you every BS excuse in the book about why you haven't gotten your payment yet. They will give you bogus tracking numbers for the checks they are overnighting to you. Just do yourself a favor and STAY FAR AWAY from them. They are SCAM ARTISTS!!! They profits off the backs of hard-working tech talent. It amazes me that they have such big retail clients with the way that they run a business. If anyone wants more info on these scammers you can contact me at [protected]@jjc-communications.com.

ESSINC Apr 25, 2014

Eagle Security Solutions has been waiting on payment from "Kari" (which is a fake name) since we did a Talbots for this bogus company in 2011. Talbots #4027 in Williamsburg Virginia March 18, 2011 and March 21, 2011 we have been trying to get paid for the invoice that is 1, 092 days old. I feel sorry for all of the other honest companies out there that have been taken by this dirtbag. BEWARE!

ESSINC Apr 29, 2014

I posted my comment 4 days ago and oddly enough after over 1, 096 days of waiting to collect on $315.00 (with not so much as a emailed response from "Kari") she called our office today!! Much to my surprise she does still have our phone number and address but has not had the time to call until reading my complaint online. She did not call to apologize for the lapse in communication, or to express concern about how we have been treated, which I must say was a let down after all of the work I have put into useless correspondence. She called to tell me how SHE feels about what is being said about her on here. It would have been nice to receive a call from someone who possessed a little bit more professionalism but nonetheless she called. After trying to get me to delete my post about her using a fake name she Promised she would be sending us our check. I will not be deleting anything until the debt is satisfied in which I am not holding my breath for. If and when the check arrives I will be sure to send an update for those of you who are still holding out on payment and losing hope. I also recommend that if you do get a call from her, to record it. I feel much better knowing I have our conversation to play back in the event the check never makes it's way to us. Good Luck all.

ESSINC Apr 29, 2014

Sound familiar anyone?

"I will send payment in two portions. Will get this taken care of, I know it is very late and I am very sorry."
    "I will get this to you and you will have it by the beginning of the week."
    "I did think that was done. I will get it out asap. We have some work in your area as well"
    I will get this out asap. I have been out a lot due to illness. I also have a ton of jobs coming up in your area. I will make sure we prepay. Will follow up."
    "I have the check issued and you will have it by beginning of week. I have been out a lot and this is my fault. I apologize."
    "Shaun, sorry I was out on the road yesterday. I do believe that check was processed after it went missing. I’ll track"
    "Yes I know. You will have both pymts next week. Finally getting caught up I am so sorry. After sephora loss it has been very hard"
    "Yes I have this thanks. I will make sure it is out next week. Will confirm"
    "Yes, let me look up where the discrepancy came from"
    "I am aware of this. Am getting that out to you."

and then, you stop hearing from her all together. Very upsetting.

• Lv
    LV Ace Sep 19, 2014

Love the list of excuses! I have seen them all and then some. I just printed a statement of their (receivables) over the time since we started doing business with them. We have done many jobs for many of their well known customers. Eventually we usually get paid but not without waiting months and getting short or partial payments. Their average time-to-pay (us) is 4 months! "Let me look it up" is the classic. "I thought that went out" "let's wait another week and then we will put a stop payment on the check we sent and send another one" are standards, too. Also got the tracking number of a check that magically never made it. Post office had no idea where it went. We have stopped doing business with them and are still waiting for the balance of one of their invoices to be paid. I was told before July 4th that it was taken care of. Since then she has had to look it up several times but still no check. It doesn't make sense to go after what she owes us but what I can (and will) do is to contact each of the customers we did business with representing her company and let them know that they are abusing their subcontractor network and we will not do business with them again. Contractors can in most states place a lien on the property where the work was done if they do not get paid within a certain amount of time. That is a huge liability for those giant retail outfits. Someone there will hear that and probably revisit their relationship with this company.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices