EMCO Storm door — Leakage
On November 1, 2011, I purchased an EMCO model 400 self store storm door from Home Depot. I also paid to have it installed. My wife and i chose this door because of the screen set-up, appearance, price, and the fact that EMCO was a subsidiary of Anderson. A few days later the installer arrived and had the door installed in no time. It looked nice and worked fine. A few weeks later we had a very heavy rain. Water pushed in under the bottom window pain and ran down inside the door. The window also shifted producing a gap on one side. We called Home Depot and the installer. We were directed to contact EMCO. I sent them photos of the leak and the gap. EMCO's basic response is that these doors are designed for do it yourselfers. They sometimes leak as they are not designed to hold out all weather. My claim was denied. I'm thinking this will be the last EMCO or Andersen product I will ever purchase.
More EMCO Storm door Complaints & Reviews
- Home Depot Credit Card - I urge all of you never to get this credit card!
- Home Depot Stainmaster Carpet - staineasy carpet
- GE Adora - dishwasher won't clean dishes
- Home Depot Store Employee Complaint - employees
- Hampton Bay - outside solar lamps model #79339 79330
- Home Depot - Hot Water Heaters - unfair installation charges
- Home Depot - Customer safety during covid 19
- Home Depot - unethical charges-home depot home improver credit card
- Home Depot - will never buy anything from them again
- Home Depot - appliance delivery order w838836677