EMCO Storm door — Warranty
My 80+ year old mother ordered an Emco Storm door through the Home Depot in Holiday Fl on Dec 11, 2008 and the door was installed by Home Depot on Jan 14, 2009. It is falling apart. I suspect this is because it was a special order and the lazy worker's at Emco just cut down a larger door and didn't seal the outer edges of the frame properly. I submitted a very well documented warranty claim with Emco on Nov 20, 2012 and received an immediate acknowledgement of my submission advising me that I should expect to hear back from their Warranty Department in approximately ten (10) business days.
I contacted them again 15 days later because I had not received any response from their Warranty Department and was told "oops" that never got forwarded to them. The person I spoke to helpfully promised that she would send it on immediately.
It is now a total of 71 days since I submitted my warranty claim and still NO RESPONSE from Emco. I'm considering calling a lawyer and suing them for not just a replacement door but the cost of the re-installation of the new door (since their warranty does not cover this) plus legal fees. We will NEVER purchase any Emco or Anderson product again because they do not stand behind their products, they obviously have no intention of honoring their warranty and their customer service is deplorable.
More EMCO Storm door Complaints & Reviews
- Home Depot Credit Card - I urge all of you never to get this credit card!
- Home Depot Stainmaster Carpet - staineasy carpet
- GE Adora - dishwasher won't clean dishes
- Home Depot Store Employee Complaint - employees
- Hampton Bay - outside solar lamps model #79339 79330
- Home Depot - Hot Water Heaters - unfair installation charges
- Home Depot - Customer safety during covid 19
- Home Depot - unethical charges-home depot home improver credit card
- Home Depot - will never buy anything from them again
- Home Depot - appliance delivery order w838836677