eDreamsfraudulent claims and withholding of money

N Review updated:

We have also experienced awful service from eDreams. 2 days ago, I tried to book a flight for my mother who was intending to travel from Budapest to Malaga. After checking the various options and availabilities on eDreams' site, I went ahead and booked the flight and eDreams deducted money from my account.

Within one hour, I received an email from eDreams saying there was a problem with their system and that they could not grant the ticket. I immediately contacted them and was told that they would not be able to refund my money for several days (no specific date), leaving me in a massive dilemma, as I did not now have the funds to book an alternative flight with another company.

After countless phone calls and emails, they still refused to offer an immediate refund or an actual flight on the time we had specified. All the while, they continued to advertise the same exact flight, enticing other people to pay for a ticket to something eDreams know damned well they cannot fulfil.

It is pretty clear that eDreams deliberately scam people into booking flights that they cannot deliver, take their money, hold that money for an undetermined amount of time and cause distress to people who simply want to book a flight!

I have spent the best part of the whole day today, speaking with countless people at eDreams, each of which has told me a different story; one said it would take 1-2 days for a refund, one said it would take up to 5 days and another said it would take between 5-10 days! I’ve checked online for experiences of other eDreams customers who have said it took up to 30 days before they received a refund! If you consider how many times this must be happening, it soon becomes evident how much money eDreams must have sat in their accounts, earning interest at our expense.

Given the current economic uncertainty, I would encourage everyone to avoid eDreams and any other comparison site operating in this manner, like the plague!!

fraudulent claims and withholding of money

RESOLVED

• eDreams's response · Sep 08, 2016

Dear Fabien,

We are sorry to hear that your seats have been booked twice however, we may assure you, that the booking is created per the customer directly when filling out the on-line form and entering the details into the reservation system. Had not you filled the form for the second time, the issue may lie with a double charge.

Kindly respond a private message we have sent you in order to look into your case further.

• eDreams's response · Jul 20, 2016

Dear MaxDase,

Thanks for posting your review and bringing this issue to our attention.

In order to check your case accordingly, we kindly ask you to provide us your booking code.

We hope to hearing from you soon.

Lucy

• eDreams's response · Jun 13, 2016

Dear pringlrr,

We are sorry to read about your experience and we regret any inconvenience caused.

In order to check your case, can you please provide us your booking code?

Lucy

• eDreams's response · Jun 03, 2016

Dear customer,

We are sorry if your recent experience was not satisfactory on this occasion.

We would be happy to look into your case. For that purpose, please respond a private message we have sent you.

• eDreams's response · Jun 03, 2016

Dear Criscris

Unfortunately, due to some web issues, we were not able to sent the message.

Please feel free to contact us making a click on our logo and then "sent the message".

• eDreams's response · May 31, 2016

Dear Lizzymcmahon,

Thanks for posting your review in Complaints Board.

We have checked your booking and we have found that one of our agents is assisting you via Facebook.

Please contact her directly if you need further assistance.

• eDreams's response · Mar 04, 2016

Dear Reviewer17973,

Thanks for posting your review and giving us the opportunity to explain you how eDreams prices work.

From the first moment you start a purchase in our website, the price displayed is the final price, which does not include additional services/products that may be optionally added by the client during the purchase process.

For the benefit of our clients, the price displayed in the first step of the purchase process is the cheapest fare in our website, which offers a discount provided that payment is made with a special discount card. However, in the same step, we advise our clients that other method payments will be found in the "Payment Method" box. This will show the new prices in accordance to your preferred payment card.

When you reach the payment stage, if you enter a card different to the special card indicated, then the price will change to the new price for the service charge, plus any credit card fees. This is still before you commit to 'Buy It Now'.

Besides, we inform you that baggage fees depends on the prices offered by airlines and in any case, if the trip selected does not include free baggage, the baggage price is displayed so you may decide whether you include it or not.

We hope to have you informed accordingly and if you have made a booking with us and you have any further doubt regarding this issue, please do not hesitate to contact us back by replying our private message.

• eDreams's response · Mar 04, 2016

Dear Reviewer68419,

Thanks for posting your review and bringing this matter to our attention.

We would like to inform you that as stated in our Terms and Conditions, your ability to cancel or modify a booked product depends exclusively on the airline's fare conditions. In this case, we would like to check the fare you have booked in order to advise you if cancellation within 24 hs was permitted or not.

In order to do that, we have sent you a private message requesting you your booking details in order to assist you further.

• eDreams's response · Oct 29, 2015

Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for your responses.

After having double checked, we hereby confirm that the payment did not went through and that the charge you may see, will disappear automatically from the card statement within approximately one or two weeks.

• eDreams's response · Oct 23, 2015

Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for contacting eDreams once again.

Your booking attempts could not be confirmed, unfortunately.

No charge was made with this regards.

Please note that sometime, the financial institutions temporarily block the amount of available credit until the final charge is made, and later reverse the temporary charge. The client may temporarily see such duplicate charges, but one of them will automatically be reversed by the financial institution.
    Amounts withheld in this manner will disappear automatically from the card statement within approximately one or two weeks.
    Remember that such amounts are withheld by all travel agencies, and that these are not isolated incidents in Spain, as they are caused by the operations between financial institutions, the companies issuing debit and credit cards, and IATA. Travel agencies give the order to issue the ticket, but the payment collection processes are handled by the parties mentioned above.

We remain at your disposal for any further questions.

• eDreams's response · Sep 08, 2015

Dear Nexhmie, Sudipta,

Thank you for providing your booking references, we have transferred your comments to one of our agents in order to look into your cases with care.

• eDreams's response · Jul 25, 2015

Dear Genna Mumford

On behalf of eDreams we thank you for your comments and for the chance to remind to all eDreams users, that in certain cases, a booking confirmation may take up to 24h. Furthermore, the second communication “confirmation e-mail” would not contain a paper ticket, but a direct link, which would appear highlighted in a blue colour following the booking reference.
    We were happy to learn that one of our agents has treated your particular case and provided the e-ticket for the correctly confirmed flight reservation.

We wish you a magic journey to US ;)

• eDreams's response · Jul 21, 2015

Dear Jasmine,

I'm very sorry to inform you that there was a small mistake on the e-mail address registered at time of booking, which was impeding you to receive any communication of ours.

As we could verify, a refund had been already processed by the airline. We have transferred your comments to our agents and hope you would receive a refund within this week.

• eDreams's response · Jul 07, 2015

Dear ar.richa,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

As we could verify, one of our agents had treated your complaint and after checking the ticket issued by eDreams with the airline was advised that that was, which you flown thus, a refund has to be requested for another ticket you have arranged through the alternative channel.

In any case, we have transferred your comments to the agent in charge of your case in order to review your complaint.

We hope the matter would be solved quickly and favorably.

Nicole
    eDreams - Customer Care team.

• eDreams's response · Jul 01, 2015

Dear Sam4sit

We would be happy to assist.

Please respond a private message we have sent you, so that we can look into your particular case.

Nicole
    eDreams - Customer Care team.

• eDreams's response · May 21, 2015

Dear marktraveller,

Thank you for your comments and please accept our advanced apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Please respond a private message we have sent you, so that we can look into your case and update on a refund status.

We kindly remind you that you can file a complaint by filling a claim form available on our official web site. Please make a click on the below link to find out how:

Warm regards,

• eDreams's response · Mar 09, 2015

Dear PHAM THANH MINH,

Could you please let us know your booking reference so we can find your case and contact you?

• eDreams's response · Feb 18, 2015

Dear Angry customer!111,

Could you please let us know your booking reference and email address by replying to the private message we have just sent you?

With this information, I'll be able to retrieve your case and contact you shortly regarding your refund.

• eDreams's response · Jan 29, 2015

Dear customer,

Could you please provide us with the booking references so we can check your case in detail?

• eDreams's response · Jan 21, 2015

Dear Amit Gupta 15,

I have just read your message and I have already passed your case on to one of our agents, so we treat your case in priority.

• eDreams's response · Dec 02, 2014

Dear Abbymilam,

We'd like to inform you that we processed your refund yesterday. Please, note that it might take several days to receive this transfer in your bank account.

Our apologies once again for all the inconveniences regarding this issue. Should you need assistance on this or other case, feel free to contact our agent Natasja via email.

• eDreams's response · Nov 21, 2014

Dear Abbymilam,

As our agent Natasja has informed you via private email, we have already requested a refund but has not been aproved yet by the airline. We'd like to inform you that, as per our records, there is no cancellation insurance included on your booking.

Should you have further inquiries regarding this issue, do not hesitate to contact our agent Natasja.

• eDreams's response · Nov 20, 2014

Dear all,

@Notfair: we are very sorry to hear that you have experienced such difficulties to get in contact with us and get your case resolved. Could you please let us know your booking reference in order to check what has occured and how we can help you?

@Boris-Jerusalem: should you have not received your refund yet, please provide us with your booking reference and email and we will look into your case carefully.

This is the contact form to send your booking references and email address:

www.edreams.es/engine/call_center/eptica/?isTrustPilotUser=true&supportTab=contact

@Abbymilam: I have already found your case and I have passed it on to one of our agents, who will contact you shortly.

Our apologies to you all regarding all the inconveniences that we may have caused you.

• eDreams's response · Oct 30, 2014

Dear customer,

Did you have any incident with an eDreams booking we could help you with?

We'll be pleased to help you out if you let us know your case. Please, we kindly ask you to fill the following form and we'll contact you shortly:

www.edreams.com/engine/call_center/eptica/?isTrustPilotUser=true&supportTab=contact

• eDreams's response · Dec 01, 2011

Dear Customer,

We apologize for the inconveniences, would you please send us an email to: [email protected], our representatives will help you immediately

On our Web page you will find our phone numer: [protected] and customer service email: [email protected]

We look forward to receive your email so we can better assist you.

eDreams

Yangki Jul 24, 2019

I still haven’t received my REFUND from May 11th last year. EDreams has my money for a ticket they NEVER confirmed for me but yet still has my money. There excuse is they keep trying to send a international wire but it’s coming back rejected, I keep sending them the information they will need to legally send money from Brazil into a US bank account. Numerous calls, numerous emails and EDreams keeps acting as if what they are doing is legal. I called and emailed to speak directly to this quote on quote finance department they continue to use as a excuse but they keep giving the run around stating that the department is closed call back and when I call back it’s the same thing. Then I speak to (which I have all names and calls documented) managers of agents over the phone and they continue to say lies too, “I will note this matter urgent and will call you back in 24 hrs” and NO one calls. This company is a scam. So this is a photo of the most recent email I sent regarding the legal process if someone is sending a international wire to my US bank account from Brazil (supposedly where they are based out of) and you know what they continue to ask me..”what’s the iban number”, firstly the USA doesn’t use IBAN “international bank account numbers” we use ROUTING NUMBERS in the USA...so stop asking me for one! Give me back my money already! Here is the most recent emails from EDreams and me responding to them with the bank letter from my bank.

People just plug EDreams in on yelp and on google they have numerous customer experiences just like this one. Do not fall for it and take your money to a reputable airline or source. It’s not worth it to deal with this company.

• Yo
    YolandiM Jul 24, 2019

Has anyone ever received a refund from this company as promised? I cancelled a flight yesterday and was told my refund will take place in 7-10 days but after reading all these comments, I am not so sure anymore... This will be very sad though - nobody can afford just to write money off...

Yangki Jul 24, 2019

@YolandiM Do not let them get away with this, keep contacting them..

Yangki Sep 12, 2018

$117.25 taken out of bank account for purchase of plane ticket to Osaka, Japan from Honolulu on 5/8/18.
    I received flight & ebooking confirmation numbers VIA email & Edeams APP on iphone, flight info and all. I get to the check-in counter with Scoot airline, agent can’t find me in their system. I show proof of my confirmation number. Agent has me call EDreams immediately. My flight leaves in 1 hr 30 min. not including the time i waited to even check in. I call edreams and wait 30-35 mins for the first agent (Neha) to answer. I explain to Neha the Scoot airline agent says im not in the system yet i am staring at my flight confirmation number on the Edream app on my iphone. “I’ll place you on hold while I call Scoot airline customer service “-Neha. I am placed on hold..40 mins later & I’m still on hold only to be transferred to another rep Sunjay which has no idea what’s going on. Scoot airline agents in Honolulu told me the same thing happened to another woman too. At this point I am peeved & on the track to missing my flight due to the fraudulent, inconsiderate, untrained, and untrustworthy company Edreams. Now im on the line with Sunjay & I have to spend more time I don’t have explaining AGAIN my situation to only be sent to another agent (Medardo) which finally had the decency not just as a (robot) employee but as a human to find a solution to what is happening. Medardo explains that the airline cancelled the ticket. EDreams failed to contact me via email, phone or app..yet they kept my money & didn’t issue a refund or notification. By this time, final boarding calls are being made. Scoot agent Alexxis offers me to buy a ticket at regular price $459.00 for a one way to Osaka, Japan from Honolulu. It was important i be in Japan on that day so i was forced to repurchase another ticket, (all this is happening while i am placed on hold with edreams). Then because all this was a waiting game with run-arounds (they knew they screwed up), I ended up missing my flight. Scoot airline agents were very helpful and insightful. Scoot refunded $459 which I got a few days later. Now more money in the hole & not on the flight to Osaka. The Scoot agent Alexis Hitt suggests another airline at a later time, she went out of her way after flight left to help me find a solution. She checked all flights going to Japan that day & found JAL airline flying to Japan in 2 hours. We walked to the JAL ticket counter (while all this is going on I’m still placed on HOLD with EDreams). Then finally EDreams agent comes back on phone & Alexis speaks to him only to find out they were NEVER trying to get ahold of Scoot airline customer service, Alexis told them her position and says she can’t access the info they are looking for. EDreams knew they screwed up plus they still kept my money. Now I’m back on the phone with the eDream while at JAL counter to purchase a ticket $532.60 (cheapest) one way ticket. At this point its agreed that edreams will reimburst me amount of new plane ticket. I NEVER received any cancellation email or update on the app. Edreams never refunded the $117.25. I have ALL documentation from my phone bill (calling and amount of time being on the phone), emails, bank account statement, confirmations on app, & most of the agents names that handled my case. Fast forward..6/13/18 & still no refund from the new plane ticket. Im beyond peeved due to the fraudulent, inconsiderate, untrained, & untrustworthy company. Theres more, not enough space to type.

Yangki Jul 24, 2019

@Yangki Don’t let them get away with this! I just send a update my situation just now on here..AWARENESS IS THE KEY TO EDREAMS LEARNING THAT THEY CANT CONTINUE TO SCAM PEOPLE UNLAWFULLY!

• Fa
    fabien blanc Aug 30, 2016

I purchased a ticket with edreams on june 15th 2016. Instead of being charged once for me my wife and my kids the amount of 450, 53 euros, EDREAMS charged me twice the amount of 450, 53 euros. I spend more than 10 hours waiting on the phone for a representative since june 15th to get my refund for the 2nd reservation their website did. There were obviously an error from their website. I did not book 2  reservations for me and my family for the same day and time. EDREAMS do not answer email. It is unacceptable. Today after 50 min of hold, I talk on the phone to a EDREAMS representative about the refund and he said they send 220 euros as a refund on august 19th. I did not receive any refund. EDREAMS are thief and stole 450, 53 euros from my family. EDREAMS are thieves and scam. Your company should be called ENIGHTMARE.  this is the worst company ever

• Li
    LindaLaw Aug 20, 2016

How can I add Advanced Passenger Information to my edreams flight booking? Can't seem to find out online at all

• Se
    sergiotorrest Aug 02, 2016

I tried to buy tickets from Amsterdam to Pukhet for a total value of 2155 euro. My reservation was confirmed but my tickets not issued because of the fail of my credit card. I received an e mail requesting me to make a bak transfer to their account in the Deutsche bank in UK so I proceed to make the bank transfer. After this Ive been noticed from E dreams that my reservation was cancelled due to some problems with the reservation because the names of the persons to whom the tickest will be issued are to long. So after this i request the refund of my 2155 euro and im still waiting a formal answer and status of this. The comunications goes thur several e mail adresses and no concrete answer or reaction. I feel not well attended with this kidn of service and I need my money back as is a significant amount of money.

Yangki Jul 24, 2019

@sergiotorrest This is the same thing that happened to me. dont let them get away with it, keep contacting them and raising awareness that this company is fraudulent and scammers!

• Co
    Conned by Edreams Aug 02, 2016

Sussed edreams out. They sell you a ticket with confirmation and let you think you have a firm booking. They do this to other customers and then lo and behold they oversell. So they then decide who they are going to bump and send an email requesting you to cancel or confirm your booking. This part costs £1.53p / min + network charges, you have no choice in this. When you get through and they hold you as long as possible to milk the call, they inform you that your credit card was declined. Of course you offer to pay again right there and then, but they refer you back to the website to rebook where the fare has of course risen to almost double because your original flight is fully booked.After paying the extra because your hotel is booked and other arrangements made you ring the credit card company to play hell for the decline. They of course inform you that the card has not even been presented for charging. Edream should be banned from trading in the U.K.

MaxDase Jul 20, 2016

a ticket from Sydney to Perth was needed, I submitted all details and hit make payment, screen came back unavailable, credit card will be refunded.

I chose another day, saw total price, hit make payment, they added another $50 after. They never refunded the first ticket purchase, they have got me for over $300. There is no one to speak to except a computer voice.
    SCAMMERS, I see they are all over the internet as scamming, too bad I got caught.

• Pr
    pringlrr Jun 13, 2016

5/15/16 booked a flight from Berlin to LAX. Like many other complaints I've read about this company, they slip on a fee right before you accept payment. I never saw it, as did many other website users. Apparently if you don't use their specific credit card, they add on this fee. For me, it was about $70USD. I called customer support to complain about this, and they said the fee is non-refundable. From what I can see, this is their real business model, deceptive non-refundable fees.

• Je
    jezliew Jun 09, 2016

I am certainly dismayed at my experience with eDreams and I wish that I had looked and seen this forum before I engaged with them...

On the 12th May 2016 I began trying to book flights for me and my family to go to Spain. Although I wouldnt say that I am overly flustered when using the internet and pretty computer savvy, whilst using eDreams to search for flights I became more and more anxious. Booking flights for Summer holidays is not a cheap undertaking and we dont have a huge amount of money. Each time I looked for flights they seemd to go up and up, I'd been sent down a dead link for flights for just over £120 pp and the cost for 4 was now in excess of £800!! Everytime I confirmed the next page seemed to add more and more. Finally, frustrated and at my wits end - I purchased for just under the highest price. I logged on to the holiday company's site and entered my flight details - only to find that I had booked the wrong dates!!!

I was frantic, I was only going on this holiday because I had 'won' a week's accommodation in Spain. I read the terms and conditions and they said that refunds were not available for flights from Easyjet (with whom the flights were provided by). We called eDreams but they were closed, so then tried Easyjet. They were fantastic, they understood that a mistake had been made and agreed that they would refund the full amount no questions. How nice. The agent did confirm that they didnt take all the money and couldn't refund the booking fee from eDreams, that I would need to speak to them the following day.

The next day we contacted eDreams and they were very nice and said that they could refund, but only if we could get it in writing from Easyjet, that they agreed to refunding the flights. We contacted Easyjet again, again they were great, they said that it wasnt normal to send out an e-mail confirmation - but they would, and they did.

We forwarded this e-mail to eDreams and they confirmed that they has recieved the refund confirmation e-mail that we had sent and that they would refund the money when they could in the next 7-10 days (a surprisingly long time to refund, but I'm getting our money back - so relieved).

As time went by I realised that they had said that they would refund the refund! hold on! I contacted eDreams and questioned this. Then they asked for times and dates. They asked for names and telephone numbers. This went on for weeks. They said they were looking for recordings and they needed all this information.

Now they say that they dont refund the booking fees (Easyjet have subsequently refunded me the ticket costs) full stop.

I feel that eDreams run a 'sharp' business practice. It's a cauldron of pressure sales encouraging panic buying followed by devisive attempts of trickery and deception. When all they needed to do was to agree to refund my money and wait for my next booking (for the correct date).

They are now stone walling me. Ignoring my e-mails about this matter - only replying with the automated:

'Dear customer,
    Thank you for contacting us again.

We have received your message following the request reference [[protected]-[protected]] initially created on 13 May 2016 at 08:59:03.
    It has been added to your file and forwarded to the relevant department, which will reply as soon as possible to provide you with a clear and precise answer.
    If any inquiries arise regarding your eDreams booking, please visit our web-page and click on the "help" link. Here you will find all the answers to the most frequently asked questions (FAQ).

Yours sincerely

eDreams Customer Service.'

I've tried to e-mail 'Nico Bour' from an earlier posting on this group chat but it has bounced.

• Cr
    Criscris Jun 03, 2016

Hello, 2 days ago I had tried to book a flight from Dublin to Bucharest with e dreams.for some reason they said the card was declined and to try other payment option.yestarday I tried again with my visa debit card all ok and I'll get an confirmation email shortly .i ever been waiting all day long yestarday till I rang them today.after hour trying to get in touch with customer support they told me that I have no booking made as the card didn't get thru:/and I should book one again of course at a different price . How come when I can see the payment has been made my money left the account how it's that possible ?they also told me that if the payment went thru I'll get refunded within 48 hrs . I really hope so :/ I'll never use them in my life

• Opodo May 31, 2016

Dear #dissapointed,

Thanks for contacting eDreams through Complaints Board.

We would like to check your case and help you accordingly. Can you please provide us your booking code?

• Li
    Lizzymcmahon May 30, 2016

I want complain about edreams as I received a message from edreams mobile app saying flights been cancelled leading me to believe this when they hadn't but by time at 8 am I got told this was too late to get airport. The cost of flights was £1, 325 not only lost flights but apartment so I want compensation

• Di
    #dissapointed May 18, 2016

There was a problem with the dates for my flights I believe their website has created an error, I wanted May 26 return June 3 and the confirmation was for May 19 return May 27

I have tried to make contact with e dreams and make changes to the flights that I booked. However I was not able to connect to any of the numbers listed on your website.
    I live in Papua New Guinea and connecting to the numbers listed was not possible.
    Thinking that it was a local connectivity problem asked my brother in Australia to try and he was also unable to make any contact with E dreams
    in fact he said that the numbers were disconnected and the replies to emails seem to be automated responses.
    Seems a complete scam.

Reviewer68419 Feb 25, 2016

This company is horrible. I booked airline tickets and cancelled within 24 hours and the airline agreed to a refund. But the actual price of the tickets was $400 less than what eDreams charged. And eDreams refuses to refund. $400 for absolutely nothing! No other reputable travel companies do this. STAY AWAY!

Reviewer17973 Feb 25, 2016

Extraordinary hidden charges. Expect their online quotes for flights to increase by 20% - 35% by the time you get to the 'Confirm Payment' stage. They also charge for check-in luggage more than twice the amount that the air carriers do. You are better off booking the flight straight for the carrier.

Reviewer96241 Feb 17, 2016

terrible service. put on hold for over 10 mins several times and never got help to change a ticket. I DO NOT recommend using this company.

juneazure Oct 24, 2015

Dear Nicole,
    I have just checked my bank account again. In the statement, it clearly says I have made a purchase with eDreams with the amount I stated before. Could I please get a refund as once it is entered in the statement, I'm pretty sure the money has been taken out. I would really like it back to plan for my holiday trip. This is really urgent as December is near and that is my only free holiday. Please help!

Rebecca

juneazure Oct 23, 2015

Dear Nicole,

Thank you so much for replying. It's actually quite a stressful thing as the money is something I had been earning for the past few months and I really hope for it to be refunded soon so I can plan my short weekend getaway for my winter break. So I can confirm that no purchase has been made, right? I don't want to suddenly see that I accidentally made two flight transactions for the same destination. You've been very helpful in reducing my stress, thank you but I'd just like to confirm again.

juneazure Oct 22, 2015

Hello,
    Could you please help me? I made a transaction on the 22nd of October 2015 (yesterday) at 10:28PM and tried to book a flight from London Stansted to Berlin Schonefeld (to travel on the 10th of December 2015 to 14th December 2015) for about £80.72 using Entropay. On the eDreams website, after clicking confirm, I was redirected to the personal details form page BUT my Entropay's balance was deducted!! I checked my email and received nothing, no news, no updates, no confirmation yet the money that disappeared is very puzzling! I am a student and that money is my hard earned saving and I was hoping to go on a worthwhile trip with that but now I have no back-up savings to purchase an alternative ticket. Could you please please please help me with this?

My email is [email protected]

Rebecca

• Su
    Sudipta Mustafi Sep 04, 2015

Booking Ref: EPL551H
    I had called when the booking was reflecting pending confirmation to cancel the ticket since I did not want the transaction issues on my card.
    The customer service rep assured me that the booking has been cancelled. How I see that not only has the ticket been issued but also, your site has charged me 18 euros TWICE!!! as service charges.
    I want all and any booking done by eDreams to be cancelled effective immediately. Your customer rep cheated and misguided me. Causing me monitory loss not only on your site, but my bank will also charge me !!!

Sudipta Mustafi

• Ne
    nexhmie shpata Aug 26, 2015

Booking confirmation:5P7WBV

I spoke to somebody on the phone twice about my money £20.00, which they withdraw from my account . he said hes going to pay it back they never did it . How long do i have to wait ? also it cost me lots of money t ring the number . My phone number is [protected].

Mrs N.shpata

• Es
    essara Jul 24, 2015

First,

you should remove the picture with your personal data.

2, you should remove the picture with your reservation #. the 734**** number is your reservation/check-in #. so 24-48 hours before your flight, you login to air canada with this # and check into your flight.

• Ci
    cikgu raj Jul 24, 2015

the tickets are all scam. they will make you pay but there is no tickets when you check with officials.

@cikgu raj Sad but TRUE!

• Ge
    Genna Mumford Jul 24, 2015

I have recieved this confirmation email and not the email with the actual ticket number etc.

Where is the second email?

JasmineGra Jul 21, 2015

I booked a return flight from Edinburgh to Paris on the 23rd of April costing me £161.54 which left my bank on the same day. I did not receive any conformation email. I called the company and they said that they did not have any information of me booking a flight, no card number, email address, or name. I could not provide a booking number (as I had not had conformation of the flight) therefore there was nothing more the help service could do. I have conformation of the money leaving my account. After going to my bank about this, they reputed eDreams. However, I have received a letter on the 08 of July claiming that I had received an email and that they could not return the £161.54. Which is totally contradicting what the company said over the phone that they had no information about me at all in their company. so how are they claiming that they miraculously had my email address to send me the conformation. This is a total scam.

Please help me process my refund.
    [email protected]

• Ar
    ar.richa Jul 04, 2015

(Booking no 52W9CQ)

While I was making the payment through my credit card, the process could not be completed and I did not receive the ticket nor did i receive any notification from my bank. Subsequently, I made a booking through another website for the same flight combination and flew with that ticket.

However I noticed from my credit card statement that i have been charged by edreams so I raised the complaint on 24 May. (C. No.[protected]-[protected])

Even after sending the ticket with which i actually travelled there has been no reply till date. And to my dismal today, their costumer executive, Mr. Rok, says on call that they cannot refund the amount without sighting any reason.

Please help me process my refund against this fraud company and action should be taken to safeguard interest of innocent customers.

Richa ([protected])

Yangki Jul 24, 2019

@ar.richa Did you get your money back?

Also- keep raising awareness on this FRAUDULENT and UNLAWFUL COMPANY eDreams! There practices need to be stopped!

• Ar
    ar.richa Jul 04, 2015

This is with reference to my complaint against WWW. EDREAMS.AE, which I used for booking a return ticket from Dubai to Mumbai on 16 May'15.(Booking no 52W9CQ)

Sam4sit Jul 01, 2015

Exact same thing happened to me! All throughout the process the price was £258. Even after I'd entered my credit card details it was the same. I then got an email confirmation stating the price was now £434. Edreams have actually called me a liar and won't refund me!

• Opodo Jun 11, 2015

Dear SaloniB

Thank you for sharing comments on your eDreams experience. In order to check the payment for your booking, we would ask you to please respond a private message we have sent you and provide the requested information.

We would love to assist.

SaloniB Jun 08, 2015

I was shown $341 for my flight booking even on the checkout page but was charged $477 on the card. I am not sure why did this happen.
    The company website has no customer service number or email id

marktraveller Jun 03, 2015

hi Nicole

I agree your terms say the customer should be responsible for their own costs of making a bank transfer, and we accept that, however what you had done was quite different.

the first deduction seems to have been taken somewhere between you and your bank, although no-one has actually explained the reason why.

the second deduction is due to the exchange rate variation during the 5 weeks it took to return any money.

the last "loss" occurred since you decided to refund the money in a different currency (EUR) to that in which it was requested and paid (GBP). does it say anywhere in your terms that you can do that?

I do appreciate that you are finally returning all the money that was paid, but it's a great pity it took so much time and effort to do what was obviously the right thing.

anyway thanks for your part in finally helping to sort it all out!

• Opodo Jun 03, 2015

Dear marktraveller,

Thank you for keeping us updated over the outcome of your complaint.

As we could verify, eDreams processed a refund for the claimed amount in a goodwill gesture however, we must remind you that, as exposed in eDreams terms&conditions, the customer would be responsible for costs and expanses incurred for ordering a bank transfer and/or any action required to process the purchase.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in case any further assistance or information is ever required.

Warm regards,
    Nicole - eDreams Customer Care team

marktraveller May 27, 2015

update on the above.

finally we did get a response from customer services, although they have still not explained what the deductions are, apart from a €17 exchange rate variation which they have agreed to credit. it transpires that they decided to refund some of the money in Euros rather than GBP, but cant explain why (which then cost us money to convert back to GBP explaining some of the difference). the customer services contact says she does not have authority to explain why it took 5 weeks to return my son's money just that someone did not follow the correct procedure.

just to recap - they refused to accept a debit card and asked for a GBP bank transfer to book flights. once it was paid they said the flight cost had doubled. no tickets were issued, but the amount of money refunded after 5 weeks and many phone calls was £79 less than was initially transferred.

the compensation they are offering is a €40 discount voucher to use with their company - some chance of that!

just to confirm what many other people have said - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

marktraveller May 20, 2015

we also had the same experiences. booked a flight with a debit card, which they then said failed and asked to make a bank transfer in GBP which we did. they then emailed back that the flights had doubled in price so we cancelled. 5 weeks and many expensive phone calls later the refund arrived, with an £80 deduction. they say its because the exchange rate has varied and even gave me the number for their bank, who denied any change in the rate. same experience with "customer services", nice enough people but no authority and they will not transfer you to a supervisor, even when it is the supervisor who is passing them incorrect information. they also say they wont deal with complaints on the phone, even though the web site says they do. there are just too many similar reports of this company tricking people into sending them money, delaying sending it back (and in our case making an inexplicable deduction) for it not to be some sort of company policy.based on this and the huge amount of bad reports of them I would strongly suggest not using them, we certainly wont.

• Opodo Mar 24, 2015

Dear Hana,

We are contacting you from eDreams on-line travel agency, as we have heard of your unpleasant experience. Could you please provide us your booking reference, so we can look further into your case?

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Best regards.

• Ha
    Hana V Mar 21, 2015

Just had the exact experience as above, this is the scummiest company I have ever come across! No flights booked, no songs of the refund and an awful customer service! Please avoid this company of anything!

• Ph
    PHAM THANH MINH Mar 04, 2015

Hi there,

I booked the ticket from Linate to Ho Chi Minh for my trip on 28th Mar 2015 at 6.55am, there was an announcement to confirm that my booking is not completed after I finished to fill in all information and purchase. I tried to re-do and still received the same announcement that my booking is not completed. But at the same time, my CC was deducted for 02 times without any email or information relate to my booking.

What happended?

I have sent 05 emails to complaint, but no response from edreams.

Please return my money.

My phone number is +[protected]

Email : [email protected]

Angry customer!111 Feb 13, 2015

I have a similar bad experience with edreams . They took payment but did not cinfirmed ticket and I had to buy another tickets. I have sent thousands of email and phone calls but they keep coming with excuses not have not refunded me yet even after 2 months and they hasd said their refund policy is 7 days!!!. People please avoid edreams they con you out of your money.

• Ny
    NY Chris Jan 27, 2015

I was just taken advantage of by E Dreams. Excessive charges. They made me pay a non-refundable fee of $40 for a $150 ticket!!! Absolute joke. What a rip off. Just want to warn others.