Having problems with Marlin Travel?

Marlin Travel Customer Service Contacts

Thu9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Marlin Travel Customer Service. Initial Marlin Travel complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Marlin Travel above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Marlin Travel. Discuss the issues you have had with Marlin Travel and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Aug 13, 2019

Marlin Travel — everything

Hello, this is the email that I sent your employee travel agent to her email asking how our trip was. I am...

Marlin Travelhanding giving out expired vouchers

I booked a trip with Wedad Bishara through the Bay Marlin Travel [protected] ex 1 to Costa Rica in feburary 2019 I was given a park and fly coupon voucher to park at airport on my arriving back to Vancouver when picking up the car the park and ride Clerk noticed the voucher was expired a few months prior to my trip. How embarrassing for me. The clerk didn't want to honor it. Then he decided he would do it this time. How many other people was she handing out these coupons too. I mentioned it to her but she just doesn't get it. Its not park and fly's fault she is trying to blame them. I gave her thousands of dollars for this holiday you would thing she would get it right. And we asked her before we went on our trip for a run down of events we could go to. Maybe a sightseeing tour or something like that never heard back from her. Not very good service. Very disappointed. Wasn't expecting this from her.

Marlin Travelmarlin travel on lansdowne street, peterborough, ontario

We went to see "Come From Away" in Toronto on Saturday May 11, 2019 with 2 bus loads out of Peterboro.
    We were told the bus would stop at Hot House Cafe for lunch in Toronto.
    When we arrived at Hot House Cafe we were given 3 choices for lunch with Vanilla Ice Cream (size of a golf ball) for dessert.
    Service was terrible
    Portions varied from Plate to Plate
    Dessert was an insult.
    Being arranged through Marlin Travel, they should have chosen a lunch that was displayed on the restaurants menu.
    Other agencies stopped at The Mandarin for a full meal..and charged similar price.
    Marlin took advantage of seniors by giving them a CHEAP lunch.
    We were trying to support the Marlin business in our community.
    This ruined our day !!!

Mary LaRocque Jun 01, 2019

I am terribly sorry that you had a bad experience on our Come From Away tour. This is our 16th bus to the show and we have always used Hot House restaurant with many rave reviews. I do understand that there was an issue with the freezer for the ice cream but passengers were all offered an alternate cake desert. Many of our day tours use this restaurant and as my business is primarily seniors I am very proud that we have a huge repeat clientele in the 35 years that I have been escorting passengers around the world. Taking advantage of seniors is an unfair comment. Our tours have sold out well in advance due to the fact that we have the best pricing. I am truly sorry that it ruined your day. I am happy to have a personal conversation with you about your experience. Mary LaRocque Owner Marlin Travel Peterborough.

Marlin Travellack of real service

I am somewhat disappointed with my recent experience with Marlin Travel. I booked a vacation through them over the phone in August 2018 for a vacation in February 2019. I had already done all my homework, and decided when I was going and where I was staying. The agent I spoke with told me about the ‘Service Fee', which I wasn't totally happy about, but figured they needed something out of it, besides the commission they would get from the tour operator. I proceeded with the booking, and at the end, after the agent obtained my credit card information, she indicated the charge had been put through and she would deal with the ‘Service Fee' separately. I asked what the amount of the deposit for the booking was she put on the credit card... she indicated she charged the WHOLE amount. I told her I only wanted to pay the deposit, and would pay the balance when it was due... she then needed to do extra work to get the WHOLE amount credited back to my credit card, and charge only the deposit amount. Why would most people want to pay the WHOLE amount right away, when only a deposit is required... and why would the agent not ask BEFORE putting the charge through. Then, after receiving my invoice by email, I noticed the ‘Service Fee' was more than I thought it should be (double). In verifying with the agent, the ‘Service Fee' is PER PERSON, not per booking. Good grief!!! It is now easy to see why travel agencies seem to be disappearing. It appears the commission they get from tour operators is not enough, but now need to collect from unsuspecting customers. Then, when I inquired about making the reservations for specific seats, the agent told me to do it myself online with the airline. Then, the agent that took my booking left the agency prior to the departure on this vacation. I was awaiting the final travel documents, or some sort of notification they were available. I needed to follow up with the agency - it would have been nice if the agency had contacted me after my original agent left, to provide me with a new person to contact. Not sure what the service fee was truly for, as I certainly don't feel like I was provided any real service! This will be the last time I book through Marlin Travel... or any other travel agency that charges a ‘Service Fee'... I will book direct with the tour operator.

Marlin TravelPoor service - not working for their customers

I am truly disappointed with the service offered by Marlin Travel, Embrun, Ontario. I tried my best to deal with an issue we had with Tours Chanteclerc with them.

Marlin Travel totally mislead us. It is unfortunate that they took the lead on this file. We should not have an unfair treatment because Marlin Travel misdirected us.

Monique Sabourin
        Monique.[protected]@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2019

Marlin Travel — service

To whom this may concern: First of all I would like to say that I am absolutely stunned with the service I...

Calgary
          Jan 10, 2019

Marlin Travel — sol sirenas coral resort varadero cuba. booking# [protected]

In December 2018 we booked Sol Sirenas Coral Resort Varadero Cuba (booking# [protected]) through Marlin Travel...

Dec 01, 2018

Marlin Travel — your senior agent in victoria @broadmead shopping centre.

Dear Sir/ Madam. This email was written to Viking cruise and is now shared with you Recently I contacted a...

Victoria
          Jan 22, 2018

Marlin Travel — all inclusive travel package purchase

My wife and I booked an all inclusive to Cao Leventado, Dominican Republic a few months ago with Marlin...

Marlin Travel — service

I went in to your Lougheed Mall branch in Coquitlam to purchase a return ticket to London for my wife as a...

Marlin Travel — uncooperative unethical behaviour vernon bc

I began my contact with Mrs. Ziza Volker Marlin Travel Vernon BC on 24 April requesting her to make all the...

Marlin Travelconflict resolution

March 19/16 I contacted Marlin -Regina. The Saskatchewan government had purchased a ticket in my name for travel to Vancouver for my cancer treatment. I was told if I inquired to not be given the details. I explained the medical urgency and I would bring I.D. but did not get info. I am still being treated by doctors which is the cause for the delay in this report.

Marlin Travel — product offered

RE: Re:Details, mockery Christine Calder Tue 10-11, 3:25 PMYou;Kym Lessard...

Marlin Travelmarlin travel - bolton

I have sent email, left numerous phone messages re-air miles points for our group trip (16 ) travel back in May. 5 months have passed still no response as to when we will received credit. This is the worst service we have ever encountered considering we travel all the time in large groups. On behalf of my group we will never be booking again with Marlin Travel - Bolton. The quality of service they conducted is very unprofessional. If they can assist us at least pass on the request to who can. Very disappointed consumer . Thank you Ana Mather

Marlin Travelcustomer service

Recently booked second trip down south with Marlin Travel. Was to be a surprise for my gf's 40th birthday and emailed the agent and specifically told her to not include my gf in any communication. A few weeks after she sent out an email to the group including my gf about what excursions were available. I thanked here for ruining the surprise and reminded her with the old email that I had indeed asked her to remain discrete. She came back with an apology and asked if there was anything she could do to make things right. I took a day to calm down and thanked her for her apology and told her that if she was offering, maybe I could surprise my girlfriend with a room upgrade. She replied that was too much money but maybe she could pay for advanced seat selection on the way down! $50 to correct a spoiled 40th birthday surprise! I was more upset by the lack of 'give a s*#t' than the initial screw up. Never book with Marlin again and tell everyone I see.

Marlin Travel — rude - terrible service

City/Location Reviewed: Milton Spectacularly poor service and downright rude. My girlfriend went in to...

Marlin Travel — incorrect information

The agent told us that on our cruise we could use American dollars but the cruise line Costa Magica was an...

Lethbridge

Marlin Travel — rude employee

My fiance and I went to Marlin Travel in Sherwood Park, Edmonton. We were excited to be booking our honeymoon...

Edmonton

Marlin Travel Cambridge Ontario — incompetent rude

Booking a March break trip to Disney World. Agents made unconceivable error of booking MAY instead of March...

Cambridge

Marlin Travel — horrible service

My fiance and I were very excited to plan our wedding with Marlin Travel. They were going to book the...