Thrifty Rent A Car Logo

Thrifty Rent A Car

Having problems with Thrifty Rent A Car?

Thrifty Rent A Car Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 847 4389 (Reservation Assistance)
+1 800 334 1705 (Customer Assistance)
2W2, P.O. Box 33167
Tulsa, Oklahoma
United States - 74153-1167

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Thrifty Rent A Car Customer Service. Initial Thrifty Rent A Car complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Thrifty Rent A Car above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Thrifty Rent A Car. Discuss the issues you have had with Thrifty Rent A Car and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Thrifty Rent A Car Complaints & Reviews

Thrifty Rent A CarCleanliness of car, non working remote

I rented a vehicle from Thrifty on Jan. 16, 2021
rental record #[protected] at Atlanta Hartsfield Airport. I picked up a Nissan Versa, The remote did not work so I used the key for entry and to lock the door.
When I turned on the air/ heating system, there was a cigarette smell emitting from the vents.
I did not return to the airport as we were told while waiting on line that they ( Thrifty) had run out of cars. This car was under The Hertz sign, I'm guessing Hertz allowed Thrifty to use their cars. There is a sign that says the cars are non-smoking.
I was not pleased. I drive with the windows partially down. I return the car on Sat. Jan. 23, 2021.

Thrifty Rent A CarToll scam

Toll Road Scam. Thrifty has a tool road scam going that should be embarrassing for them. They charged me $15.00 service fee for an $18.00 toll which I never had the chance to pay. The tool reader in the window opened the gate without a pause. then I received a bill in the mail a 2 weeks later. Real clever, I hope you enjoy the money I sent you will not see me again. I booked this through price line and they will not see me again either. What small people you are.

Jul 23, 2020

Thrifty Rent A Car — Rental car at salt lake city airport

Rental agreement [protected] date 7/17/20 [protected] David Schroeder [protected]@youroptions.info Rented a car at...

Thrifty Car RentalHidden charges

I rented a full size car from Thrifty at the Phoenix airport, I reserved this in Expedia and had my confirmation number. I told the man I did not want any added insurance, he had me swipe my credit card and sign in the window of machine I was accepting vehicle, it was a complete scam that it never showed your total on the machine like all do, I got to my hotel an hour later and immediately looked at my receipt and called the number, but could never get through to the Phoenix site, Only the 800 number where they disconnected me 3 times and refused to credit the insurance I told them I did not want.

Mar 05, 2020

Thrifty Car Rental — unethical behavior, humiliation, unauthorized closing of, a contract illegal, actions taken from a manager unauthorized charges

I had extended my rental and I was charged 555.00 on my credit card and the vehicle was extended till the 8th...

Dec 20, 2019

Thrifty Car Rental — official complaint about services, professionalism and lack of help from staff

My wife and I prepaid for a Thrifty Rental Car for our 30th Anniversary at the Thrifty not far from Denver...

Oct 12, 2019

Thrifty Car Rental — chevy equinox

Employee Ron Yo argumentative and cutting me off when I was speaking. Telling me they don't have a Jeep...

Saint Ann
        Oct 05, 2019

Thrifty Car Rental — car rental from the san francisco airport

September 1st thru the 8th of 2019 Thrifty rent a car charged me for extra insurance that I didn't ask for...

Oct 03, 2019

Thrifty Car Rental — unhonored reservation

We had a confirmed reservation J07114533E4. Upon arrival to Rhodes, Greece on September 2, we found that...

Thrifty Car Rentalthe sat nav issued with the car not working properly.

Rental Agreement No: [protected]

Reservation ID: J0083816329

The Sat Nav that was issued with the vehicle appeared to be working correctly for the first two days that I drove the vehicle. However on the third and fourth days there was an intermittent fault resulting in the machine stopping for a number of minutes. This did not cause too big a problem because at the time we were on the Interstate. However on the last day of our trip when we were returning to JFK to fly back to Dublin the machine did not start at all. There was a period of over an hour where we had no sat nav whatsoever and but for the kindness of strangers I have no idea whatsoever how we would have made our way back to New York. This resulted in our leaving the vehicle back one hour late. I informed the Duty Manager there and then of what had happened and he assured me that there would be no extra charges whatsoever for the car being returned late. I might point out that being from Ireland I had no clue whatsoever of any routes to take and this was why I had requested the Sat Nav in the first instance. The faulty Sat Nav not only resulted in our being late returning the vehicle but also in almost missing our check-in time for our flight. I did not have the time to wait and speak further with the Duty Manager so just accepted that he would in fact ensure there were no extra charges. This however was not the case at all.

On returning home and checking my emails I found that Thrifty had in fact charged me a whole extra days rental charge amounting to $123.38 and a Concession Recovery Fee of $15.36. Both of these charge are wholly acceptable to me. It was not my fault that the car was returned late it was your Company's. Your Company issued me with a faulty Sat Nav and it was for that reason alone that we returned the vehicle late.

Therefore I demand that both of these charges be refunded back to my Credit Card (together with excess tax that I was charged on the total amount).

The vehicle was booked for collection at 2pm on the 15th June however it was almost 3.45 before we actually got the vehicle not 2.35 as stated on your Rental Agreement.

I await hearing from you resolving this situation at your earliest convenience.

Moira Field (Mrs)

Thrifty Car Rentaltoll fees

I received a bill from Thrifty Car Rental for $74.03 for $4.10 worth of tolls. They charged $9.99 for each toll coded as Administrative Fees, for 7 tolls (some at 46 cents each). I see on this thread where there are many, many people voicing that this is unethical and very poor treatment of customers. Thrifty Car Rental lost me, my husband and anyone we talk to forever due to their embezzlement practices of their customers. This was our honeymoon, and we will pay the charges, but "Happy wedding to us from Thrifty Car Rental" Greedy Greedy Greedy!!!

Jun 09, 2019

Thrifty Car Rental — reserved vehicle not available

I reserved a 12 passenger van 6 months ago and when I got there they did not had it available, we were 9...

Jun 09, 2019

Thrifty Car Rental — I am complaining

June 4th 2019 - June 7th 2019 - Y50396710 Rented from Thrifty online price quoted to me was 205.00 - (Thi...

Saint Ann
            Jun 02, 2019

Thrifty Car Rental — poor customer service

Dropped off car at Thrifty/BWI Airpot on Sunday 6:30PM. I waited over 15 minutes to get an Attendant to check...

May 13, 2019

Thrifty Car Rental — front desk clerks poor customer service

Here do I start. Walked into thrifty/dollar car rental. On my phone it stated compact car 17.00 a day. I wa...

Thrifty Car Rentalrental car

This is a copy of the complaint I sent to thrifty regarding their lack of caring and customer service. I prepaid for a rental 4/17-4/24 I went to pick up said car. My master card would not read on your credit card reader.. The lady says the machine is finicky. I was told unless I had another card I could not have my rental as they do not have chip readers and cannot enter the card number. This is bs I had no other card I prepaid the rental and now being told at the airport I can't have a rental. I went three steps down and got a rental at enterprise no problem. The people at your counter are rude and uneducated in your companies standard operating procedures, no one would help or take that extra step to keep my business no worries I will never rent from thrifty again. Enterprise is more than happy to take my good money. Get with the times and get a freaking machine that reads chips.

Apr 17, 2019

Thrifty Car Rental — car rental 3/28 - 3/31/19

Thrifty car rental ripoff After successfully paying for my rental car and completing the agreed terms, I...

Thrifty Car Rentaladministrative fee

Notice No.: [protected]

We received a notice for the rental car toll fees and administrative fees from thrifty. At no point in time when we rented the vehicle were we informed that there would be administrative fees for these tolls and actually the gate agent was very persistent to insure that the tolls were included with the rental fees. We asked the gate agent specifically if there were any charges for the tolls or if we should pay the tolls our selves ourselves during this trip. The gate agent was very plain in stating that the tolls were covered as part of the car rental and we did not have to do anything or worry about any tolls for the car while we were in Texas. The agent was very misleading as it turns out when we receive a bill separate for the tolls and a very excessive administrative fee from Thrifty Rental car. How can you in good faith have an agent at the rental misleading your customers into believing that the tolls were included then hit them with a very excessive bill for the tolls. I can accept somewhat you would like the tolls covered but I can not agree to a $15.00 administrative fee for each toll which totals more than a days rental for the vehicle. We would have avoided the toll roads if the agent had been ben slightly honest with us about the fees which he was not.

I am not sure what our recourse is at this time but I would hope that this was an error on the agents part and not normal practice for Thrifty Car Rental. We would expect the administrative fees to be reversed for these tolls as we were is lead by the gate agent for the rental.

Apr 02, 2019

Thrifty Car Rental — front counter service appalling

We flew from Detroit to Jacksonville on February 14th. We had arranged to rent a car through Rental car. When...

Thrifty Car Rentalplatepass toll collection system

I was driving a Thrifty Rental Car from BWI Airport to Rockville MD at 9:30pm on 3/6/19. Upon approaching MD 200 from I95 I saw a sign that this was a toll road. Since there was no toll booth to pay or pick up a ticket I drove on and activated the Plate Pass box mounted in the car, assuming that I would be notified of the toll by the Car Rental Co. Sure enough, 2 weeks later I received a bill for $63.96. During the four days I had the car I did not use any other toll roads. The back of the bill gives the correct detail - that I had only been charged for the one toll. The Thrifty Car Rental web-site states the following "you will be liable for and we will charge you: (a) all tolls incurred for such use (at the highest, undiscounted applicable toll rate); (b) a $15.00 administrative fee (FL - $9.99 per occurrence) for each toll incurred (subject to a $90.00 cap for such toll-related administrative fees for the rental period); and (c) all other applicable toll charges or fees, if any." The Toll rate for the trip should have been no more that $4.08 for the off-peak use (see https://mdta.maryland.gov/toll-rate-calculator). I have no idea what the extra $44 charge is for other than a rip-off.