Menu
Thrifty Rent A Car Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Thrifty Rent A Car
reviews & complaints

www.thrifty.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.6 346 Reviews

Thrifty Rent A Car Complaints Summary

56 Resolved
289 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Thrifty Rent A Car's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Thrifty Rent A Car has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Thrifty Rent A Car. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Newest Thrifty Rent A Car reviews & complaints

G
7:52 am EST

Thrifty Rent A Car - RR# 968505086

Dear Thrifty Customer Service, I am a fellow Blue Chip member, hoping to one day achieve high status within the community. I am, however, writing to express my dissatisfaction with a recent car rental experience I had with Thrifty. On February 17th, around 10:30 PM, I rented another Toyota Corolla (#968505086) because the prior weeks Thrifty experience...

1:19 pm EST

Thrifty Rent A Car I was charged on 2 credit cards for 1 car

I flew to Ohio with my husband and 70 year old brother that has dementia to see our 90 year old father. I booked all our reservations on line including our ca rental with you. I used our Capital One credit card to book the car rental. When we arrived we had to wait an hour for a car. When we finally got our car I had to show Drivers license and a major credit card. I showed my Apple credit card . I said I already booked on line, she said this was just for id. Come to find out both of my cards were charged.525.76 on my Capital One card and 941.92 on my Apple card. I have already paid off the Capital One credit card. I keep disputing My Apple Card. I have called you many times i get no where. Please HELP with this matter. I find it unbelievable this is happing. Please HELP! Thank You ,Justie Huber

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Thrifty Rent A Car representatives only. If you are affiliated with Thrifty Rent A Car, please claim your business to access these details.

1:49 pm EST

Thrifty Rent A Car - Car rental at dfw airport

Okay, so this is my fourth attempt at this complaint. I filled it all out, hit submit and it took me to another page where I had to go through the whole process again. When I went back, it was gone. Twice if showed a prompt "ERROR Can not add file to temp directory. So I am not sending it with pictures of the receipts. Good way to keep people from getting...

Read full review of Thrifty Rent A Car

Is Thrifty Rent A Car legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Thrifty Rent A Car as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 16% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Thrifty Rent A Car stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Thrifty Rent A Car should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Thrifty Rent A Car earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Thrifty Rent A Car achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Thrifty Rent A Car. The company provides a physical address, 2 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 3 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Thrifty Rent A Car has received positive review on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Thrifty.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Thrifty Rent A Car website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Thrifty.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Thrifty.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Thrifty Rent A Car, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

According to our analysis, Thrifty Rent A Car appears to be offering travel services on their website. While many travel companies are legitimate, it's important to be cautious and do your research before booking a trip to ensure that you are getting a good deal and not falling victim to a scam.

Several positive reviews for Thrifty Rent A Car have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Thrifty Rent A Car has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 16% of 345 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Thrifty.com has relatively low traffic compared to other websites, it could be due to a niche focus, but could also indicate a potential lack of traffic and popularity. The thrifty.com may offer a niche product or service that is only of interest to a smaller audience.
11:33 am EST

Thrifty Rent A Car - Charged for un-requested insurance for car breakdown

I made arrangements for a rental of a Thrifty Rental car through Spirit Airlines who processed the particulars through Priceline. The car was to be picked up at Phoenix, Az. airport location on July 5th. We were the last check-in of the night, my husband filled in the agreement and declined all extra coverage as we are AAA members and have extra rental car...

8:38 am EST

Thrifty Rent A Car Car rental

Twice I rented from thrifty at boston logan airport recently, both times was over an hour wait because they had no cars, meaning they overbook heavily and you could wait forever. Last time I said I would take the chevy bolt electric car, just so I wouldn't have to wait that long. What a mistake! I only went to newport and back to the airport, no other driving, it cost me $43 in charging costs, and I also plugged it in to my friends house for 8 hours. I made a written complaint on the return, and of course, they charged me anyway. Do not use them or you will regret it! Boycott this company at all costs!

Desired outcome: they don't care. BOYCOTT THEM AND THEY WILL CHANGE

G
5:05 pm EST

Thrifty Rent A Car - Thrifty rental car experience and cost

I reserved a car last night to rent today Wednesday Jan 3 through next Monday Jan 8 in fort myers and the process today was a nightmare. With my two young kids in tow, we waited for an hour in a long line to then be rushed by the agent at the desk into signing for an upgraded car that I didn’t want nor know I was getting until I looked at the total after...

9:34 pm EST
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Thrifty Rent A Car Thrifty car rental houston hobby airport

Exceptional experience on 12/5/23 dropping off my rental car. Tiarah and Ms. Tonia are the exact type of employees any company would be proud to have as their brand representatives. Tiarah assisted me in my return and from start to the finish of this process she was as genuine as they come in all aspects of assisting me. I requested that I drop off my car at this location instead of IAH due to a medical situation informing her I had spoken with Thrifty representatives on the phone who stated it would be up to the counter personnel to decide if this was possible. I drove 25 minutes not knowing if this was possible, sort of a blind attempt. Ms. Tonia when she heard the reason said; absolutely, you can drop this car off here. I did not hear or see one ounce of hesitation through the whole process. I have been in International Relations in the travel industry for over 13 years and I would do anything to get people like Tiarah and Ms. Tonia any day of the week. I have been a lot of places in the world so Thrifty, hope you know these are not ordinary employee's they are exceptional examples of the best.

D
3:43 pm EST

Thrifty Rent A Car Rental summary charged more than I was informed of

Dropped off the rental car on 11/25/2023 rental agreement # [protected] Debra Hollingshead I was charged for fuel and I delivered the car back with a full tank of gas. I was charged for damaged waiver and I told the person I rented from that I did not need that coverage as my insurance covered me for rental cars. The person who assisted me spoke very little English and had to have someone else assist him all the time speaking in another language to her. I will file a dispute with my bank for fraud if this is not fixed and the charges are not removed from my account. I had ask to change the card on file and ask the amount and was told $300 so I stated keep the card I have to pay. I expect a full refund of the $244.93 , 47.03 and additional operator fee of 94.50 which was never explained to me as well. I believe this is an unfair practice of not disclosing information in English.

Desired outcome: I would like a refund of $386.46 ASAP otherwise I will file a claim of fraud .

9:27 am EST

Thrifty Rent A Car - Rental 595875022 - car returned on Nov 11th - false charge

Hello. Today a got a letter from you saying that I allegedly had not returned the car with a full tank and therefore it had been necessary to fill it up again with 9.3 Gallons of fuel. The claim that I have not returned the car with a full tank is definitely wrong! I was on the gas pump just a few miles before I returned the car and the tank was full on...

View 0 more photos
E
11:32 pm EST

Thrifty Rent A Car My $500 refundable deposit + duplicate charge

I booked and pay full rental online 6 months and 2 weeks before my vacation. 2 weeks before my flight I called the airport Rental and ask about the charges and they oriented me about it. On October 24 when I arrived to get my rental they told me I couldn't get the car that I rented because I didn't have a credit card, they gave me a Mid-sized SUV, which it wasn't what the employee in front desk told me. Anyway I got charged the (refundable) Deposit of $500 on a Debit/MC plus a $321.88 for gas (even though I told her not to charge it) and a second policy, this amount was charged at the moment. Its been almost 2 weeks since I returned the rental and I haven't received the $500 deposit and an additional charge or (duplicate charge) of $321.88. Please I want a Full Refund.

Claimed loss: $500 refundable deposit and a duplicate charge of $321.88

Desired outcome: I would appreciate a response and my refund

S
1:03 pm EST

Thrifty Rent A Car Erroneous rental charges

Thrifty accidentally charged me for $250 towing charge and refuses to reimburse because they “verified the charge” eventhough it never happened. They are also very deceitful with their added insurance. Told the rep twice I don’t want any extra insurance since I have coverage with my insurance and through AmEx. She snuck it on there and I accidentally signed for it. Everyone I contact refuses to give me a supervisors number or return my call. Only emails saying all charges were “verified.” I almost feel like these are just bots working for them to just deny any complaints/refunds. I’ll never use them again. Very deceiving on their quoted amounts too, the bill at the end was double when you add up all hidden fees, the intentional ignoring me and adding insurance and then a $250 charge for something that didn’t happen.

Claimed loss: $250 minimum plus all added fees/insurance

Desired outcome: $250 minimum reimbursement, ideally refund of the added insurance ($127.04) which was not approved.

1:05 pm EST

Thrifty Rent A Car - Downgraded car after charging for full size car

prior to traveling I booked a full size car with Thrifty and paid in full. When I got to my destination, and waited an hour in line to get up to the counter, I was given the paperwork and told I would have to wait an hour out in the garage for car to become available. After waiting some time, a car pulled up and they called my name to get the vehicle. It...

9:59 am EST

Thrifty Rent A Car - Third part scammer outside the country

I was the unfortunate victim of a scam that was perpetrated through your company. Unfortunately, I've since learned that there are a whole lot of people in my scam boat! And that you are in partnership with them! I booked a car from an airport with what I "assumed" was Thrifty but found out it was some third party, not in existence anywhere. When I tried...

F
9:44 pm EST

Thrifty Rent A Car Experience renting a car at Newark airport

The prices were not what was agreed upon

The receipt didn't match what the salesperson insisted I was charged for when I dropped the car off

There was no place to charge this electric car that I did not rent but was the only thing available.

I tried to stop at several places along the way to charge the car but since none were available, so I was late. The customer service was awful. I reserved a car for 62. total (plus ins) for one day and walked out spending 200 plus the charge.

I was told I would not be charged late then I got there, and they claim I was charged late.

I am talking in circles because I was told they wouldn't help me or refund my late fees.

Claimed loss: 80.00

Desired outcome: Refund of some kindHowever I will never use Thrifty again. The ratings are awful for a reason.

2:13 am EDT

Thrifty Rent A Car - Car rental charge

ANDREW DAVID SUDDONS. [protected]@hotmail.com Rental confirmation #[protected], Reference : K44723479F9 07 October 2023, 10:00 -21 October 2023, 20:00 Atlanta Airport Hartsfield-Jackson Int ATL, Rental length : 15 Days Car Group : IFAR, Ford Escape or similar Air conditioning - Automatic - 5 doors - 5 seat additional charge of $249.19. I object to thi...

12:49 pm EDT

Thrifty Rent A Car complaining about rental record #592415154

I rented a vehicle from Thrifty at the Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport on 10/18/2023.

When I rented the vehicle I told the clerk that I wanted to use my personal auto insurance on the rental. Days later I looked at the rental information and saw that he charged me Loss Damage and premium road service. I admit that I did not read the fine print and regret that I did not catch these charges prior to renting the vehicle. I am a senior citizen and have some cognitive issues and do not think as well as I used to. For what it is worth, My wife also heard me specifically say to the clerk that I want to use my own auto insurance. Two wrongs created this situation. Hoping you can do something for me. Thank you for your consideration of this matter. By the way there is absolutely no damage to the vehicle and the car will be returned tomorrow, 10-24-23)

John Chesniak

[protected]@sbcglobal.net

[protected]

Desired outcome: Refund of loss damage fee $209.94 and Premium Road Service fee of$59.94

10:39 am EDT

Thrifty Rent A Car - Car rental

I made a reservation in July for a rental car in October with Thrifty Car Rental.. When I arrived October 6th in the evening I was told by Thrifty staff that Corporate had closed them because there were no cars and we would need to go to another company. I made a reservation 3 months in advance to have a car available when I arrived, not to need to reserve...

D
9:41 am EDT

Thrifty Rent A Car - Car rental at fll

I had booked a rental car from Thrifty at FLL Airport (09/12 - 9/26/2023) using my rewards points on my credit card, upon arrival at the desk at FLL, the agent found our rental. Asked if we wanted insurance, which I declined and stated that we had our own which covered rentals. He then said, oh then you will need liabilty insurance, because it's now a law...

1:31 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Thrifty Rent A Car Not getting car upon arrival at airport even with a reservation

On August 15, 2023 I rented a car for pick up at the BWI airport on October 7 to October 10. Upon arrival to the rental car hub I was informed they had no cars available and it would be a 3 to 6 hour wait. I attempted other car rentals to find out no one had cars available. The reason given was customer were not returning cars. I found this hard to believe since this is at the airport and only people flying would be renting there and their itineraries are set. No attempt was made prior to our arrival to get one for the reservation from one of your locations off site of the airport. I was there for a memorial and had my parents remains with me and was on a tight schedule. This was unacceptable. I finally located a car rental, not through one of your sister companies. However it cost me more than my reservation with you. I am very disappointed and have research all companies related to you and will no longer use for my rental needs when traveling.

Desired outcome: reimburse me the difference of $194.36 in renting a different company car

10:46 am EDT

Thrifty Rent A Car - Thrifty car rental service - lax

Dear Federal Trade Commission, We had reserved a car rental with Thrifty car rental at LAX, to be picked September 1. After a 12+ hour flight we were exhausted and took a shuttle bus to the Thrifty LAX site; upon arrival there were hundreds of people outside the location, lined up down the side of the building and hundreds more inside the building. People...

Thrifty Rent A Car In-depth Review

Pricing and Value for Money: Thrifty Rent A Car offers competitive pricing and excellent value for money. Their rates are affordable and they often have special promotions and discounts available.

Vehicle Selection and Availability: Thrifty Rent A Car has a wide range of vehicles to choose from, including compact cars, SUVs, and luxury vehicles. They have a good selection available, ensuring that customers can find the right vehicle for their needs.

Customer Service and Support: Thrifty Rent A Car provides excellent customer service and support. Their staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to assist customers with any questions or concerns they may have.

Booking Process and Ease of Use: The booking process with Thrifty Rent A Car is quick and easy. Their website is user-friendly and allows customers to easily search for and book their desired vehicle. They also offer the option to make changes or cancel reservations online.

Rental Policies and Terms: Thrifty Rent A Car has clear and transparent rental policies and terms. They provide detailed information about their rental requirements, including age restrictions, driver's license requirements, and payment options.

Vehicle Condition and Cleanliness: Thrifty Rent A Car ensures that their vehicles are well-maintained and in good condition. They are regularly serviced and cleaned, providing customers with a comfortable and reliable rental experience.

Additional Services and Features: Thrifty Rent A Car offers a range of additional services and features to enhance the rental experience. This includes options such as GPS navigation systems, child safety seats, and roadside assistance.

Locations and Accessibility: Thrifty Rent A Car has numerous locations across various cities, making it convenient for customers to pick up and drop off their rental vehicles. Their locations are easily accessible and well-situated.

Overall Experience and Satisfaction: Overall, customers have a positive experience with Thrifty Rent A Car. They are satisfied with the quality of service, the condition of the vehicles, and the overall value for money.

Pros and Cons:

• Pros: Competitive pricing, wide vehicle selection, excellent customer service, easy booking process, transparent rental policies, well-maintained vehicles, additional services and features, convenient locations.
  • Cons: None reported.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Thrifty Rent A Car contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Thrifty Rent A Car?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Thrifty Rent A Car Customer Service. Initial Thrifty Rent A Car complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Thrifty Rent A Car above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Thrifty Rent A Car. Discuss the issues you have had with Thrifty Rent A Car and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.