Menu
GoldCar Rental Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

GoldCar Rental
reviews & complaints

www.goldcar.es

Learn how the rating is calculated

2.3 550 Reviews

GoldCar Rental Complaints Summary

179 Resolved
371 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with GoldCar Rental, which has a below-average resolution rate, demands caution. Thoroughly assess their service reviews and explore how they handle unresolved complaints. If you encounter issues, document your experiences meticulously and be persistent in seeking resolutions.
Claimed
GoldCar Rental has claimed their business profile
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of GoldCar Rental. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
File a complaint

GoldCar Rental reviews & complaints 550

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest GoldCar Rental reviews & complaints

10:32 am EST

GoldCar Rental Car hire

On returning my hire car on 20/2/24 I was told, by a goldcar representative, that the car had a scratch greater than 2cm. With the assistance of a torch a scratch was visible on the rear bumper. On collection of the car nobody inspected the car with the same vigour, or lighting that was used at drop off. I know I hadn’t scratched the car but no one at the office would discuss and I cannot find any customer service contacts. I have tried an online chat to no avail

Desired outcome: Removal of credit card charge for alleged damage

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified GoldCar Rental representatives only. If you are affiliated with GoldCar Rental, please claim your business to access these details.

T
5:40 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

GoldCar Rental Return of deposit money for gasoline upon return of car

You have all the information from previous emails to goldcar so go back and read them you hopeless bunch of cretins!

I am 73 years old and have suffered two recent strokes and don't need this..

If you have crooked employees that take cash on the pretext of returning it when customers return their rental

Full of petrol your company has a serious problem that involves outright criminality and needs a police investigation

That's where I will go to next

Claimed loss: 140 euros

Desired outcome: want my money back

P
12:28 pm EST

GoldCar Rental - Goldcar car hire Malaga Airport

Rental agreement [protected] (01/23/2024 to 01/30/2024) After arriving home from our recent holiday in Spain, I was informed by email that I have been charged an additional 60 Euros for fuel (10 Euros for ‘Tank of Fuel’, plus 50 Euros ‘Full Full Penalty’) despite having filled up with diesel just outside Malaga airport. When returning the car, Goldcar rep...

Is GoldCar Rental legit?

Our verdict: GoldCar Rental's operations, reviewed by Complaints Board, reveal a mostly legit stature albeit not without reservations. This assessment encourages users to navigate GoldCar Rental's offerings with a discerning eye, especially scrutinizing the fine print and any user feedback closely.

GoldCar Rental earns 68% level of Trustworthiness

Good Credibility Notice: GoldCar Rental rated around 68% by Complaints Board. Generally safe, but exercise caution in information sharing.

We found clear and detailed contact information for GoldCar Rental. The company provides a physical address, 3 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Goldcar.es has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows GoldCar Rental website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Goldcar.es has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to GoldCar Rental. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
A
6:04 am EST

GoldCar Rental Car rental

Hi

I am not sure what they trying to do here regarding a car rental from Dec4 to Dec11 2023

First they emailed a note to say...

"Our insurance company notified us that the vehicle registration 2020MFZ, has been involved in a traffic accident occurred during the duration of your rental with Goldcar, contract number [protected]"

Then they say it has a mark on the rear door.

The very fine mark in their photo was NOT there when I returned the car at 3.30am ,in a bay on its own without a car to the left or right of it.

The car has not been out of my sight for the whole of the rental period and has been parked under cover in a private villa.

I disputed the claim and even paid for another car on line for collection on 22 Jan 2024 but I was refused the car unless I paid £269 for the bogus damages of December2023

I then had to hire from an alternative company at £211 for a week from Feb

My £30.80 has not been refunded

Claimed loss: £270

Desired outcome: Refund

L
6:30 pm EST

GoldCar Rental Rental car

My name is Luiz Henrique and I would like to register a serious complaint regarding my car rental made 20/12/2023 at Bergamo airport, contract number [protected] GoldCar / Europcar. See below what happened:

- After 45 minutes of driving the car tire blew out without having passed anything punctured on the highway or without having shown any underinflated tire warning.

- I lost control of the car's steering but as I managed to park on the shoulder. This accident almost killed me and caused a serious accident on the road involving other cars.

- The car safety kit with the reflective warning triangle and reflective vest wasn't there. Both are mandatory items by law in Italy

- I changed the car tire in the highway without these items as there was nothing around over there that I could use to call for help or available cell phone signal. - The lack of safety equipment and your company put my life at serious risk. Trucks and cars almost hitting the car all the time.

Claimed loss: €195.39

Desired outcome: I went to Goldcar/Europcar office in Bologna to change the car and I was charged a fee of €195.39 for the tires I would like to have this fee back to my bank account

T
8:43 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

GoldCar Rental Return of cash paid for petrol, prior to car being taken which was full of petrol on it, s return

Hire number [protected],

Read the emails I sent ([protected]@gmail) and return my cash

On my first rental prior to [protected], my Credit card was billed for the petrol and when I returned the vehicle full of petrol, it was returned.

On my second hire ([protected]) your staff member at pickup center Lisbon Airport was quite aggressively said that I had to pay in cash which I did.

On my drop off of the car full of petrol, no one said they knew anything about the return of my mone

Claimed loss: 124 Euros

Desired outcome: Pay me the money and tell me what happened

Update by Trying it on
Jan 30, 2024 7:38 am EST

RE :[EXT] Re: LIS Notification. Contract: [protected] - Case #[protected]

From Lisbon Airport to Lisbon airport

Update by Trying it on
Jan 30, 2024 7:44 am EST

Took cash off me for petrol, returned the full tank, and no money was given back.

Wrote numerous emails and had no results.

3:27 pm EST

GoldCar Rental Car Rental from Ibiza Airport

We booked car hire through Got Car Rental from 30th August to 6th September, car to be collected and returned to Ibiza Airport. We paid £151 to GotCarRental which included all insurances. At the airport a deposit of £203.77 was taken, fully returnable if the car was returned without damage and on time. The car was returned full of fuel, without damage and on time on 6th September. We are still awaiting return of our deposit. We have had one communication from Gold Car stating that the deposit may take up to 30 days to return, it is already 112 days since the car was returned. I am further concerned that despite presenting documents which showed that we had taken out insurances , we were charged for futher uneccesary insurance as part of the deposit. Please advise when the full deposit of £203.77 will be returned, or advise where I can escalate this complaint regards Claire Myers and Pete Challis

Claimed loss: £203.77

Desired outcome: Repayment in full of £203.77 deposit paid on 30th August 2023

A
8:42 am EST

GoldCar Rental Rental services

I hereby submit a complaint regarding the service of a distance car rental contract with Goldcar. on September 27, 2023 I was unable to pick up the car resulting from the distance contract. at the Palma (Mallorca) airport, the employee did not allow us to pay for the deposit or insurance using the chosen payment method. we were forced to conclude a new contract, thus spending several thousand euros more. We requested a full refund of the entire amount resulting from the concluded but not performed distance contract but the company refused to return it, claiming that no refunds can be made if the booking has been cancelled less than one hour before the start of the rental period.

We didn't cancel the booking - the company did, even though we paid in advance for the entire rental period on the day of booking.

Claimed loss: 135 euro + refund of the overpayment for the new lease

Desired outcome: refund of the entire amount for the canceled rental and refund of the overpayment for the new lease

1:22 am EST

GoldCar Rental - Rental voucher - dys-95114466

I went to pick up the car from gold car at Alicante airport I sensed that they were trying to get the better of me instantly. They claimed that my credit card was faulty and thus I had to use my debit card which necessitated me taking out their insurance which would cost me an extra 220 euros. A scam. I called my bank about the credit card issue and they...

S
9:40 am EST

GoldCar Rental - Rental credit from goldcar at mallorca airport

Please book with anyone else. We booked the car with a third party and at the counter goldcar first told us insurance was not valid so we had to pay for that again. However the real problem started after we returned the car. Upon returning the car I was told the hold on my bank account woukd bevrefunded to my card for the fuel. But after a month of not...

10:42 am EST

GoldCar Rental Car hire - return of fuel deposit

contract Ref: [protected]

We recently hired a car through Gold Car for our holiday in Fuertaventura, booked online and paid via visa debit.

When we collected the car we were informed that a current credit card or a fee (299.45 euro) for full insurance cover was required. This also included a fuel deposit of 77euro which was to be refunded if the vehicle was returned with a full tank. The contract referenced above was in my husbands name (David Taylor) and the deposit of 299.45 euro was paid on his visa debit card.

We returned the car on 25/10/23 with a full fuel tank and the staff at the office confirmed the fuel deposit of 77euro would be refunded within 48hrs via my husbands debit card. At this time we are still awaiting return of the deposit as expected within the terms of the contract. I emailed the company on 1/11/23 to highlight the fact that the deposit still has not been returned. As we have received no communication or explanation I now wish to raise this as a complaint.

Claimed loss: 77euro

Desired outcome: fuel deposit returned as agreed within the terms of the contract. We have faithfully upheld the terms of the agreement and expect GoldCar to uphold their terms.

L
6:01 am EDT

GoldCar Rental - Unwanted coburtura extra relax

I have just returned my car rental in Malaga airport 16.10.23 - 26.10.23 I have noticed an extra payment of €149.26 which I did not agree to. I take out car rental insurance so I specifically said I did not want your insurance when I arrived. The man behind the desk said then I would have to have a 1100 block on my card which I agreed to as I already had...

B
7:40 am EDT

GoldCar Rental CAR rental

Never book a car with Goldcar. They tried to say that our booking of 40 euro was not valid and they tried to charge us 180 euro’s for 3 days. Contact person soledad made it her personal goal us more money. We are the moes that made a cheap booking and there was nothing she could do. She got angry and tried to send us Aaah. After 15 min of telling and us trying to explain that our booking was correct she told us it was our fault and somehow stil got the car for the original payment. Never again we are going to this company.

Desired outcome: I hope goldcar wil no longer be able to run the business because its a big fraud.

E
6:04 pm EDT

GoldCar Rental - Damage issue and support

Please help  You replied on Thu 10/12/2023 2:52 PM You replied on Thu 10/12/2023 2:52 PM Erin Grettenberger ​ [protected]@goldcar.com ​ We had a terrible experience with your company in Split Croatia. They have tried to claim damage on something we were unaware of and I have decided that I will just have our travel insurance help us. A tiny scratch less than the...

G
5:24 am EDT

GoldCar Rental - Car hire lanzarote case number [protected]

I emailed you last week asking you to escalate my complaint to a senior manager within your organisation and wonder if this has been done yet and if any progress has been made My query is a straight forward one I was told by your agent at the airport (Benjamin) I could not take the car using my credit card as security because my rental was for more than...

M
4:38 am EDT

GoldCar Rental Rent Car

I have rented a car with Goldcar directly on their website, picking up 9.00am of 28th September at Fiumicino Airport, reservation n.[protected]. Service fully paid by credit card in advance.

I lost the flight, and rescheduled it 12 hours late.

Goldcar was promptly informed (both by telephone and by email) and it was asked to wait and postpone the pick-up time. The reservation is automatically cancelled after the courtesy period (4 hours). Refund not available, and they pretend to charge the full period (including extras, full coverage insurance and baby seats).

No alternative whatsoever

Desired outcome: Please refund or give the car which I've paid for

X
4:34 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

GoldCar Rental - InterRent Car Rental - Rome, Italy CNF #[protected] - 10/10/2019 - Booking #[protected]

Following our car rental with InterRent in Rome, Italy (an Internet search on InterRent brings up a website [www.InterRent.com accesses GoldCar) - many, many months later - we received some notice through the United Postal Service - in Italian about a "so called" traffic violation of some sort with little to no information substantiating the claim was in...

1:35 pm EDT

GoldCar Rental Extra charges

I was charged 170€ extra insurance when collecting the car after paying for insurance when booking online

Upon handing the car back I was charged 150€ major cleaning fee for some sand in the car

At the very least I want a full refund of the cleaning fee!

Rental was from Friday 15th September to Friday 22nd September at Malaga Airport. Vehicle was a Vauxhall corsa when I’d booked a VW Polo, very different cars!

4:45 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

GoldCar Rental Double credit card charge.. No refund!

I hired a car in may 2023 and shortly after my hire I noticed the duplicate amount deducted from my credit card. I've tried the online help portal on Goldcars website on numerous occasions and have had to give up after sometimes 2 hours of a wait for a response. I've also called them and explained my situation and was promised a return correspondence and still have received nothing!

Not good enough!

Desired outcome: Full refund asap at a minimum!

G
2:18 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

GoldCar Rental Paid deposit for fuel filled up the car and returned full fuel. No deposit given back on card

Rented a car for two weeks from Gold car 5/8/23. Paid £124 euro on my husbands card for fuel deposit, was advised by the guy at work he rental desk that the car must be returned with a full tank of fuel to receive the deposit back. returned the hire car to the parking space at the airport as advised, dropped the keys into the drop box at the Gold car desk as nobody was at the kiosk on the 19/8/23 fuel tank full on return. Car checked over and a copy that this was done sent via e mail from Gold car. No fuel deposit given back on the credit card.

Desired outcome: £124 euro deposit returned

GoldCar Rental In-depth Review

Pricing and Affordability: GoldCar Rental offers competitive prices and affordable options for renting vehicles. Their rates are reasonable and provide good value for money.

Vehicle Selection and Availability: GoldCar Rental has a wide range of vehicles to choose from, including compact cars, sedans, SUVs, and even luxury cars. They have a good selection of vehicles available, ensuring that customers can find the right car for their needs.

Customer Service and Support: GoldCar Rental provides excellent customer service and support. Their staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and always ready to assist customers with any queries or concerns they may have.

Booking Process and Ease of Use: The booking process with GoldCar Rental is straightforward and user-friendly. Their website is easy to navigate, and customers can easily book a vehicle online in just a few simple steps.

Transparency and Hidden Fees: GoldCar Rental is transparent about their fees and charges. They clearly state all the costs involved upfront, ensuring that customers are aware of any additional charges before making a booking.

Vehicle Condition and Cleanliness: GoldCar Rental maintains their vehicles in good condition and ensures that they are clean and well-maintained. Customers can expect to receive a clean and reliable vehicle when renting from GoldCar Rental.

Insurance Options and Coverage: GoldCar Rental offers various insurance options and coverage plans to provide customers with peace of mind during their rental period. They have comprehensive insurance options that can be tailored to individual needs.

Pickup and Return Experience: GoldCar Rental provides a smooth and hassle-free pickup and return experience. Their staff is efficient and ensures that customers can quickly collect and return their rental vehicles without any inconvenience.

Additional Services and Amenities: GoldCar Rental offers additional services and amenities such as GPS navigation systems, child seats, and additional drivers. These services enhance the overall rental experience and cater to the specific needs of customers.

Overall Satisfaction and Recommendation: Overall, GoldCar Rental provides a satisfactory rental experience. Their competitive prices, wide vehicle selection, excellent customer service, and transparent policies make them a reliable choice for renting a car. I would highly recommend GoldCar Rental to anyone in need of a rental vehicle.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

GoldCar Rental contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with GoldCar Rental?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with GoldCar Rental Customer Service. Initial GoldCar Rental complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for GoldCar Rental above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about GoldCar Rental. Discuss the issues you have had with GoldCar Rental and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.