Complaints & Reviews

Car hire deposit not refunded / unethical behaviour

12.02.2020 - collected hire car from Fuertaventura InterRent kiosk at Fuertaventura Airport - credit card details were taken and told that £1, 100 pounds would be taken as a security deposit. Aggressively persuaded that I had to pay €160 for additional insurance, which we declined, also told that there was no 'additional driver' on the contract and told that would cost us €7/day - declined this (on checking booking documents from ArgusCarHire, found that we did have additional driver on the booking, InterRent insisting that we didn't!)
19.02.2020 - returned car to airport with full tank of petrol (policy on booking was 'full to full'), no damage to car (took photos and video to confirm this). Received email from InterRent confirming that there were no additional charges to be made.
05.03.2020 - email receive from GoldCar stating that 'an incedent' was detected which was preventing them from being able to refund my deposit. I contacted ArgusCarHire by telephone as I was concerned about following the link which asked for my card details and date of birth (sounded unsafe). ArgusCarHire advised me to create a complaint ticket with goldcar, sent me a link to follow. The link sent wouldn't accept my booking reference. ArgusCarHire also sent me a document which was in Spanish, detailing a charge for the additional driver (which I had declined) and a charge for fuel.
12.04.2020 - following numerous phonecalls back and forth with ArgusCarHire I was advised to send GoldCar my bank details via email, which I did.
27.04.2020 - contacted InterRent, as advised by ArgusCarHire, spoke to Ahtziri who said she would look at pushing my deposit claim as a priority as I'd been waiting so long. Also suggested I send an email to InterRent asking for my refund.
15.05.2020 (Friday) - spoke to InterRent again, informed that my claim was in the 'billing department', advised to ring back the following Monday.
18.05.2020 (Monday) - email received from InterRent informing me that 'due to a system error the claim was empty' suggesting I open a new claim.

Hello Goldstar CS employees,

I still have not received an answer to my mail send to you on March 10.
Goldcar is known as a decent and responsible company but the way you are now handling our issue disappoints me tremendously.
Can you send me a response to my mail asap.
With regards, Rene Pluijms

Op [protected] om 20:46 schreef Rene en Yvette Pluijms:
> Dear Goldcar CS,
> yesterday March 09 2020, I called Goldcar (+[protected]) and asked for the reason I didn't get an answer to my trouble ticket 2464689 dated February 08. See below my trouble ticket.
> The Goldcar employee informed me that the ticket was closed. However I didn't get any mail and reason for that closure.
> The Goldcar employee promised me to send a copy of this e-mail to my by Goldcar known e-mail address : [protected]@pluijms.tech.
> To recap my issue as described in the trouble ticket:
> I miss Euro 64, 67 in the by Goldcar Visa refund. I understood during the call this had something to do with the date I got my driving license. Goldcar thinks this is less then 4 years.
> However: I have a valid driving licence since 1989. See attached photograph with driving license date for B and BE authorisation
> Please:
> 1. can you send me a copy of said trouble ticket follow-up with reason of the lacking Euro 64, 67
> 2. please reimburse this Euro 64, 67 to my visa account and let me know when done.
> With kind regards, Rene Pluijms

Unauthorised credit card charges

I hired a car from Gold hire in Porto airport in 1-10 March 2020. (original booking ref attached) I received an invoice by email on 7 March 202 (attached gold hire 3 and 4) these are a different booking number, but have the incorrect dates and then my final invoice when I returned the car on 10 March 2020, the fuel was full and there was no damages (attached gold hire 1 and 2) showing that here were no other charges to be made and thought that was the end of it. Please note that these invoices have the same damages before and after hire, the same car registration number but different booking references. I have now received my credit card statement April 2020 which shows 400 Euros being deducted on the day I returned the vehicle 10 March 2020. I have received no other notification or information regarding this. I have spoken to 2 representatives on the phone from the Porto branch, who couldn't tell me what the charge was for and said to contact this website. I am out of pocket for 400 euros plus the interest my credit card is charging.
I expect a full refund including the interest. This is despicable customer service and both advisors I spoke to were unhelpful, curt and rude considering I am the one that has been abused.

My hire number is [protected]
customer code is 9684591

I look forward to hearing from you soon

Regards

Synthia Campbell

Charges made without authorization

I am being charged $48.83 on February 18th, 2020. $49.72 on february 5th, $49.94 on January 31st, $99.99 on...

double car rental booking

On the 13 of February I was on the Goldcar Web page looking for a car to rent. I found what I wanted, put in...

optional insurance required to collect the vehicle

Lopez Stella and Richard Client Number [protected] Contract : [protected] Hello, I am speaking to you, because...

car hire insurance

I booked a hire car from Nice Airport for my friend David Doncaster with whom I am travelling (Booking...

lack of response/lack of invoice

Good Afternoon,
In November 2019 I hired a car from Goldcar in Gibraltar. At the time of the rental, I chose not to take Goldcars insurance as I had an annual collision damage waiver policy in the UK.
Unfortunately during the rental, I had an accident which was totally my fault and involved damage to the front number of the vehicle.
At the end of the rental, I informed the car hire company of the damage caused.
Since November, I have tried on numerous occasions(phone and email) to get an invoice which shows the cost incurred. I subsequently received 2 invoices- one for €385 and one for €350! The first showing for the damage, the second incorrectly showed €350 for the rental.
The rental was only €22 which I paid for separately.
I need an invoice to show €735 which is the total amount that Goldcar have charged me so that I can make a claim in the UK but Goldcar refuse to answer my emails and telephone calls (which I have made 8) are a total waste of time- staff are rude and unhelpful. The last time I called them, the phone was slammed down on me.
I am not asking for a lot- just the correct invoice so that I can claim my money back.
I look forward to hearing from you.

exorbitant charge for existing damage after having been told all okay

Contracto [protected] (Dates of hire; 22.11.2019-19.12.2019) We hired from Goldcar a very well used and quite...

GoldCar Rental

credit card was charged when renting the car

The topic of our claim is: Goldcar mistake to have charged our credit card (instead of blocking) and...

rent a car

Took a car from 21/11/2019 - 24/11/2019. Contract nr [protected] First bad experience - according through...

false allegation of damage after return of rental car

Goldcar rental contract no. [protected] - Codigo cliente 4715694 Citroen C-Elysee 1.2 PureTech I have rented...

madeira airport goldcar staff

The staff on the front desk blatantly lied to me stating I would not get the 22% tax back on the €1600 deposit as I was paying by debit card. I questioned this but the representative was insistent. Basically it was a sales tactic to get me to buy further insurance with them as it meant I wouldn't then have to pay a deposit. I already had insurance in place so only needed to put down a deposit. Had I not been deceived at the front desk I would have saved the additional £250 they charged me.
Don't fall into the same trap as me. This company are scammers. THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!!
DO NOT BOOK WITH THEM!!

deposit did not returned

Good day. I have been rented car in Goldcar in Mallorca Airport booking number ES448910160 reservation...

unauthorized credit card charge

I made an online reservation of a car rental before my trip to Malta. When we arrived, the car was picked up...

car hire

On August 7th 2019, I hired a car from Goldcar (Spain) at Gerona Airport (returning the car on August 21st...

gold car sold me an insurance without my agreement

I booked a car with gold car. When I came to pick up the car the employee told me to take an insurance. As I...

rent

I visited Corfu island 17-24.10.and rent a car on 18.10., through application Ryanair for period 19-24.10. I...

Ref: ES444095160

Goldcar didn't have any car for me when I arrived to Alicante airport this sunday night. I had to rent from another company at greater expence, therefore I request that you refund my expenditures made to Cartrawler.

Regards Sören Jonsson, e-mail: so.[protected]@telia.com

madrid airport goldcar rental

I have been renting cars all over the world for 15 years and Goldcar Madrid Airport was my worst car-rental experience ever, by far!
Sales staff were rude, pushy insulting and agressive.
On arrival hidden charges and constraints were revealed, making it impossible to rent the car unless I purchased additional insurance.
Avoid Goldcar at all costs!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices