Having problems with GoldCar Rental?

GoldCar Rental reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 7, 2007. The latest review Booked car didn't match the car I got and the deposit wasn't fully returned after bringing the car back full. was posted on May 4, 2021. The latest complaint I rented a car from goldcar in larnaca, cyprus. my confirmation number 13120592. was resolved on Mar 08, 2018. GoldCar Rental has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 443 reviews. GoldCar Rental has resolved 179 complaints.

GoldCar Rental Customer Service Contacts

Carretera Madrid, Km. 531.7
Sevilla
Spain - 41007

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with GoldCar Rental Customer Service. Initial GoldCar Rental complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for GoldCar Rental above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about GoldCar Rental. Discuss the issues you have had with GoldCar Rental and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

GoldCar Rental Complaints & Reviews

GoldCar RentalBooked car didn't match the car I got and the deposit wasn't fully returned after bringing the car back full.

I'm referring to contrato [protected] from interrent(goldcar) where I ordered a B2 sized car but got a R sized car. On the booking trough a third company there was a distinct difference in price trough the both available options. I picked the bigger car out of necessity and was willing to pay a bit extra. It was a full option fully insured car. The deposit for fuel was 102 EUR. But I only got 76 back after returning the car.

GoldCar Rentalbooking canceled due to late arrival

i booked a car under booking reference [protected]

and as i work for a airline and i was on standby ticket, and due to the corona virus flight are not running as they should be, i was late in arriving to pick up the car, they said the booking is cancelled after 5 hours, but on there website it says that if the driver does not arrive to pick the vehicle up, it does not state the time, i was unable to contact them so when i did eventuLLY Arrive at tenerife airport they said the booking had been cancelled and they would not refund the money which i had paid for 23 days car hire, also the contract in a contarcition in its self as it states its non canceable at the beginning and further down it has box ticked that it is cancelable .i asked at the desk for a refund and was rudely spoken to by a woman who would not give me her name but wore dark rimmed glasses and had blond hair, told me no refund read the terms and conditions and cant you see we are closing now and turned her back on me and mumbled something in spanish and laughed .
    the cancelation policy
    Cancellation conditions for prepaid reservations through the Goldcar website:

Cancellation is free of charge up to 24 hours before the pick-up time. For cancellations made later than this, a cancellation fee of 20 euros will be charged. unless you have contracted a non-refundable rate. The total prepaid amount shall be refunded to the same credit or debit card as the one used for the initial payment. Refunds shall not be given for prepaid amounts if the reservation is canceled less than one hour before the scheduled pick up time of the rental car or after it. Moreover, Goldcar shall not give refunds for prepaid amounts if the client does not go to the hire office to pick up the vehicle.

To obtain the refund of prepaid amount, the customer must access the 'My Bookings' section of the Goldcar website and proceed to cancel the corresponding reservation. At the final step of the cancellation process, the customer will be redirected to the Goldcar payment gateway, where they can verify that the refund has been successfully made.

Non-refundable prepaid bookings may not be cancelled or modified (such as the«Crazy » rate or any other rate under another trade name identified as such). Even in the event of cancellation, the prepaid amount (taxes, fees or other charges included) shall be kept by Goldcar as compensation.

8.4 In case the customer purchases the Supplementary Cover "Relax", the franchise is 0€ for all damages caused to the vehicle bodywork. In addition, there will be a reduction of the guarantee deposit - to be deposited by the customer - to 300 EUR. And under this complementary "Relax" coverage, the costs associated with the of loss of income due to immobilization the vehicle - contained in clause 6.2 of the General Terms and Conditions - will be cancelled in the event of an accident.

GoldCar RentalCovid-19 Refund

In January 2020 I hired a Goldcar vehicle via Ryanair for collection and return at Toulouse Airport on 24 to 30 March 2020. The booking reference was [protected] and I paid £60.88. Ryanair cancelled my flight because of Covid restrictions and later told me that £60.88 had been refunded onto my Amex card. That refund never arrived. I contacted Ryanair, who initially told me (on 16 Oct 2020) that the refund HAD been processed on 23 March 2020, but asked me to send them proof if I believed otherwise.

I sent Ryanair copies of my Amex statements covering the period of, and either side of, the supposed refund. The statements clearly show no refund of £60.88.

Having chased Ryanair between October 2020 and March 2021 for this refund, Ryanair now tell me that I must claim the refund directly from Goldcar Rental. Without anything other than a booking reference, the Goldcar website makes it almost impossible to re-claim this refund.

Dec 23, 2020

GoldCar Rental — Fuerteventura airport scam

We hired a car for a day at the Goldcar desk in Fuerteventura airport. We took pictures of the vehicle before...

GoldCar RentalCar rental

I paid Goldcar £39.95 on 5th April 2020 to rent a car from Ibiza.
        When I arrived to collect my car Goldcar refused to give me the car, even though I had a contract with Goldcar. I booked and paid for a car and Goldcar refused to honour that contract.
        I was then stranded with my child, in Lockdown. I was very unhappy with the uncaring attitude of the Goldcar staff as they refused to help me and my child.
        I asked for a refund and was verbally told that I would be refunded.
        I have waited a few months because I understand there are delays because of Covid but I cannot see any refunds from Goldcar.

I would like a refund for the service Goldcar refused to provide.

If there is no refund I will dispute the payment with my credit card company.

Please refund me £39.95 as soon as possible.

Sincerely
        Theresa Gallagher

Car rental

GoldCar RentalUnauthorised credit card charge after return of hire car

I hired a car in September 2020 and on return the car was inspected and signed off as perfect. I subsequently discovered that a 20% surcharge had been placed against my credit card for "cleaning". The company will not provide substantive evidence and will not respond to my emails, tweets, facebook contact.
          I have now read many online reviews and this seems to be a tactic that Goldcar (also operating as Interrent) uses regularly. It appears that they hope customers will give up and stop chasing. Of course, I want a refund however I also want this company to be exposed for shameful and dishonest practices

GoldCar RentalNot refunding deposit

Hired a car from 26/10/2020 to 8/11/2020 from Alicante airport.
            Contract ([protected]) was raised with a fuel policy agreement of Full/Full and a deposit ‘Deposito Combustible' paid of €115. This would be refunded if the car was returned ‘Full' - which it was.
            Checking my credit card it appears Goldcar have only refunded €65 of the €115 deposit
            I have queried this with an operator called Lisa at Goldcar and she had stated that only €65 was returned as the outstanding €50 was for other fees - one being ‘Smart Return' and the other ‘Airport Fee'
            With regards ‘Smart Return' - there is no reference to this on my contract so cannot be enforced.
            With regards ‘Airport Fee' - My online booking clearly shows that the Airport Fee is included in the total fee to be paid on arrival
            Therefore I believe Goldcar is acting fraudulently by not returning the €50 deposit.

Not refunding deposit

GoldCar RentalDo not observe international coronavirus issues

I made a booking with Goldcar for a car rental in September 2019, having used that company many times over the last 10 years. Despite being a Club member the company have failed to respond to my letters and online messages about Government restrictions preventing travel to Spain and request to refund super cover insurance, which obviously I could not use, and also airport tax - I was only to willing to forego the car rental charges all of which I prepaid. If anyone at Goldcar gets to read this message then I would be delighted to hear from you.
              Brian Phelan
              [protected]

Oct 29, 2020

Goldcar — Mechanical failures

Car Hire: 12-26 August 2019. Pick up Faro Airport, holiday destination Carvoeiro (128 kms round trip from...

Oct 15, 2020

GoldCar Rental — Car rental palermo

Dear GoldCar, I booked a car in Palermo airport between 21st and 28th of October with Super Relax Cover. -...

Sep 29, 2020

GoldCar Rental — Unauthorized credit charges and extra charges against the company's terms and conditions

Booking number [protected]. Dated Aug 18 and Sep 7 It's in regards to two fees that I was wrongly...

GoldCar RentalInsurance

Booking Reference Number: PT519556880
                Confirmation no. [protected]

Dear Madam,
                Dear Sir,

When booking the car on edreams, I took an additional insurance for my car rental to make sure that I have no more payment to make when picking up the car.
                This was a misleading information : Goldcar obliged me to take again an insurance or I had to leave a deposit of 1.200€ (I am a student and can't pay that). Goldcar said that I shouldn't have taken that edreams insurance as it is useless.
                Consequence : I paid 2 times an insurance.
                I hereby ask you to reimburse the supplement I paid when processing the on-line reservation. My family is travelling a lot using edreams, it would be a shame to change of online travel agency.

I remain available and count on your understanding

Alexandra Fasel
                +33.6.48.14.70.56

GoldCar RentalMade up scratch on car and taking additional money from debit card following returning home to the uk

Car hire firm has raised a damage charge against us, which we dispute.
                  For info: the car was damaged on collection and damage not noted on check-out sheet, we corrected this before exiting the airport.
                  Car returned, without damage. No one to check the car when we returned it.
                  Email received when we arrived home claiming damage and charging us £225.25

GoldCar RentalVollkasko

31.08.2020-04.09.2020

Mir wurde eine Vollkasko-Versicherung als gebucht in Rechnung gestellt, die ich jedoch nie gekauft habe. Diese 140, 95€ fordere ich zurück.

Immatriculation: FN873ZN
                    Contrat: [protected]

Sep 07, 2020

GoldCar Rental — Didn’t receive deposit back and overcharged

Good morning, I am emailing in regards to my recent Goldcar experience. From the 23/07/2020- 13/08/2020 I...

Aug 07, 2020

GoldCar Rental — Fraud charges

(I sent this to goldcar, no response) Contract no. [protected] at goldcar. I have this car rental right now. I...

Aug 05, 2020

GoldCar Rental — Car rental additional charges

I rented a car online via rental agency www.rentalcars.com for £164.47 (including full cover) and charged...

Jun 22, 2020

Goldcar Spain — Unauthorised overcharge on credit card

CONTRACT NUMBER: [protected] Client Number : 9815389 See below for initial email sent to [protected]@goldcar.com on...

May 19, 2020

GoldCar Rental — Car hire deposit not refunded / unethical behaviour

12.02.2020 - collected hire car from Fuertaventura InterRent kiosk at Fuertaventura Airport - credit card...

Apr 28, 2020

GoldCar Rental — Car rental

Hello Goldstar CS employees, I still have not received an answer to my mail send to you on March...