Having problems with eBay?

2211 North First Street
Sat9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

obssessive and controlling manner

I am 40 years old and I have never dealt with such an obsessed, paranoid, controlling, uncaring and ridiculous company in my entire life.

They have gone past the point of customer care or concern.

If they went bust tomorrow it wouldn't matter because the owners are set up for life! They know that so what does it matter to them!

All this time they are laughing in our faces because they know that some people depend on ebay as an income!

My biggest dream in the world would be for ebay to go under tomorrow and everybody all team together in the biggest law suit in the entire world and sue the owners for gross misconduct and lack of morals and care for their customers!

Maybe being at the bottom of the pile in this life will remind then exactly how difficult life can be when you really have to work for everything you have got in life!

• Jp
    JPage Oct 24, 2010

AMEN! I think it's best to use other avenues when possible like amazon or cragis list and I so hope that another good auction site will come to be. That's all that needs to happen-a site that does what e-bay does w/ good CS. I will never sell there again, but sometimes use it to buy, when I have to.

anger, bitterness, harassment by purse board users

I have found many complaints about the Ebay Purse Discussion Board and tPF but, since most of those seemed to...

bad complaint policies

Our only defense against scam purchases through Ebay is the ability to post negative feedback towards the scammer so others will know to avoid them. Ebay has changed their time limits for filing negative feedback. If you haven't done it within 30 days of the purchase, you are out of luck. Scam sellers like gold3288gold (T-Motorsports) deliberately wait two to three weeks to send you the product. As in my case, the item was missing a part when it arrived so I was required to send it back for a replacement which took another 14 days to come back. Then it didn't work, so I sent it back for replacement. 14 days later it came back in the same condition so I requested my money back. They said, "Up Yours. The 30-day refund limit has passed". Then I find out I cannot leave negative feedback because Ebay takes that privilege away after 30 days. That completely sucks, especially when you have warranty issues like in my case. Such things can take months to finalize The seller can use Ebay's stupid rules against unsuspecting buyers by using delaying tactics. I shall deal with retailers before I ever purchase anything through Ebay again.

• Bu
    Burned again! Feb 24, 2012

Yep, T-MOTORSPORTS (gold3288gold) treated me in a similar manner. Bought a motorcycle battery from them with an advertised one year warranty. I got about 6 starts before it died in less than 50 days! When I asked for a replacement, they told me 30 days was up and they would not exchange it or refund my $53.00...WTF????
    I would not buy a glass of water from them if I was dying of thirst!

holding my account hostage

Not sure where to begin. I sold a piece of radio gear to a user named Appboone. Turned out to be a liar and cheat, only wanted to cause trouble, didn't really want to buy the equipment. Buyer claimed equipment was illegal to sell or possess (not true). When I left negative feedback for non-payment, buyer went ballistic and promised to post false slandering comments about me all over the internet. Buyer did so using a false name. I went to every website I could find a complaint posted about me and did likewise in return. When I posted the buyers real name and city/state and used my real name in case any others wanted to contact me with further information about this looney-tune, eBay yanked my account and buyer began physically threatening my grandchildren. It's been over three years and the website where I posted the buyer's multiple assumed names (Maria Spencer, Jason Spencer, of Jefferson, NC) have not removed my comments, and refuse to do so. eBay will not re-instate my account until the website removes it, so I'm in a catch-22 situation. As such it won't hurt my account to post their names here. Apparently Appboone yanked around one too many sellers, and eBay has canceled that account. Even though Appboone is no longer a customer of eBay, eBay still won't remove my account suspension. Almost 400 positive feedbacks (only two negatives) flushed down the toilet! So don't say anything about a bad buyer, eBay will yank your account, and you don't get a second chance. Apparently it's a "life sentence". Even the criminal justice system is not this cruel! eBay is an anti-freedom-of-speech conglomerate!

ebay is a scam

I bought a ps2 video game through ebay from a private seller. Three weeks went by, no product. I opened a case through ebay and paypal. They both claim to be investigating the case. Next thing I know, paypal sent me an email stating that I have closed the case. I reopened the case, ebay is making it difficult to contact their service support. They are all avoiding the fact now that they should refund some money. Do not trust either lowsy company.. They are crooks. I have documented proof of all I have stated here. To sum it up, I lost money but ebay paypal and the seller came out winners. Sounds like a big scam, looks like a scam!! Must be a scam!

• It
    itskarla Dec 26, 2009

I also had a problem with a seller on Ebay. I bought a Wii early this year, and they charged me tax (I live in WA) and sent the product from Oregon. They claim that they had every right to charge me tax since they have a "warehouse" in WA, but would not refund the $$ even though they sent it from another state. I contacted Ebay with the complaint, and heard nothing. I can often buy the same product for the same price, or cheaper, at a store in my city. I can also return it if needed--and speak to a manager if there is an issue.
    I will not buy from Ebay again!!

illegitimate banning

Ebay is a nightmare to sellers. There is NO way to get a legitimate complaint filed. You will have other seller constantly harassing you with [censored] emails and false reports trying to get rid of their competition.
Forget getting help when you have a problem just plan to eat your expenses and pay eBay for the torture of having experienced the trouble because the fees will be charged to you regardless of your innocence.
I won't bored you with the deatils but warn you to forget that online business you think you can make on evil-bay. Ebay has been the worst online experience of my life.

there are a hundred hustles going on at once, all targeting sellers.

• Tr
    truegreenfroggy Dec 20, 2009

YOU ARE SO RIGHT ABOUT EBAY!

• PURSESNATCHER Jan 07, 2010

Ebay doesn't make it easy. The only advise I can give is to forget emailing them. You need to get a person on the phone and if they don't solve your problem, ask for their supervisor. I had to do this. It took 3 days of persistent calling but I finally got the problem solved!

eBay by phone: 1-800-322-9266 and 1-888-749-3229.

Hope this helps!

• Mi
    Mister Man Jul 24, 2010

This all boils down to one word- jealousy.

Most of this is spurred by one woman, Jerri Pope, known as Purseservere @ Bonanzl- she can't get along. She was removed from these forums when she couldn't play well with others and now she's vindictive. She lies about her location, the condition of her bags, her "Italian" leather worker, Tony, on and on. She was confronted about this stuff and other unethical practices on TPF and EBay. ALL these pages are her response. This is how big her jealousy gets.

There are other people who write some of this sometimes but she was and is the driving force. and it's pointless to talk with her. she can't have conversations. Read through these pages and it's pretty clear. She'll end up booted off of effenhaute next.

unpleasant experience

I recently tried to list items on Ebay. To my absolute horror I discovered that Ebay have decided sellers are now not allowed to charge for postage in certain categories. I do not sell many items on ebay, but from time to time I have a number of things I either want to get rid of or, like many people have it as a small occasional sideline. How is anybody supposed to carry on selling if you can't charge for postage? Many times, postage can cost anything up to £5 in the UK, and even more for international, and we're supposed to just give them away!

This policy has recently been introduced. It goes alongside all the other policies recently introduced, i.e. increasing Final Value Fees to 10% per item, increasing listing fees for Buy It Now to 40p an item, not allowing sellers to leave negative feedback for buyers who don't pay, and many other little things to alienate and persecute sellers.

Ebay used to be a fun site to buy and sell on, but it is no longer. They have now become too big and arrogant and have completely ruined the site. I will shortly be stopping trading on Ebay altogether and helping to promote alternative sites. Hopefully some competition will come along and replace Ebay altogether one day. They don't deserve to continue trading if they are going to continue in this disgraceful manner.

suspended account

ebay shut off my account for 30 days, claiming, that "LIAR" is a profanity word.

A buyer from ebay bought an item from me, she was playing games from the beginning. She gave me the wrong address to ship item to. I called her a liar, ebay turns around and suspended my account. Before i sent a message to her, I reported her to ebay 5 times, and Ebay did nto do anything. Now after i contacted BBB, they closed down my account claiming im a threat and a risk to EBAY.

What a laugh!!! Wait till I take them to court.

here is an email from ebay.

MC183 FPA NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - User Agreement - bridal_jewelry_galore‏
From: [protected]@ebay.com
Sent: Mon 11/09/09 5:09 PM
To:
eBay eBay sent this message to
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.

Hello bridal_jewelry_galore,

We're sorry to tell you that your eBay account was suspended because recent account activity has raised serious security concerns. We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay Community.

You can appeal this suspension. If, after reviewing your appeal, we're confident that this activity poses no risk to the Community, we'll be happy to reinstate your account. For information about how to appeal this suspension, please go to:

Unfortunately, during the suspension you won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account.

Any outstanding selling fees are due immediately, and any amounts that you haven't previously disputed will be charged to the billing method currently on file.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

H17238

• Bu
    bugbgone2007 Nov 14, 2009

yep i got suspened for 1 freakn year but i got another account under new name password and email just stayn low and selling need help let me know

• Oz
    ozonewaterbasebooth Mar 17, 2010

I'm new on e-bay and I listed two of my products and after summit my credit card and my information
    they suspend my account
    like I said I'm new on this and I'm looking to contact one representative of e-bay but I can find any numbers
    always one page send me to another and another
    how can I get HELP on this?

Joseph Spencer Aug 30, 2016

eBay banned my account indefinite. No chance of appeal after many emails sent to them. After that, they decided to simply ignore my requests. Unbelievable. I have kids to support and having them shut down my account makes it even more difficult.

I had to enlist Auction Essistance to create me a new account so I can sell again. The selling limits suck, but it is better than nothing.

• Se
    Seo Distortion Oct 26, 2016

eBay has suspended many of my employee's accounts for no apparent reason. We all had great feedback with no complaints or disputes for the past 2 years, yet that wasn't enough for them to not suspend us.

Now we have been desperately trying to get all of our employees back on with the help of Auction Essistance.

• Em
    Emma Bryant May 14, 2017

Was suspended for unjust reasons. Tried endless months and wasted much of my time to appeal with no success. eBay nearly caused me to be behind 5 months in bills because of them.

Was desperate and decided to go the stealth route that many suggested. Bit of a learning curve but the guide by Auction Essistance helped a bit to the point that I am selling again. Although I can only sell 5 items a month, opening multiple accounts is my only ticket in moving more inventory.

fictitious selling on ebay

Dear E bay,

If you check in branded watches, you will find lots of Omega, Carrera watches etc. offered on auctions which I'm sure are just replicas. I almost bid Rs.21000.00 for such a watch on 31-10-09. I was lucky; I was outbid by another (maybe fictitious) member. I wrote 'fictitious' because after some time I rcd. a message from your side that I'd been given a second chance on my bid of Rs.19000.00. Of course I didn't fool myself again, because after searching the site, I found out that similar watches had been sold for less than Rs.3000.00. I was shocked but at the same time relaxed.

You have made many columns about product descriptions like item condition – new or used etc., similarly I’d suggest you to make one more column about the authenticity of the product – whether it is original or replica. This way many people would be saved from being looted. Doing this might affect your profit; otherwise you would have taken care of it long back.

I’m regular buyer at E bay since 2003. But this time I sincerely doubt your marketing intentions. You write so much about terms & conditions / legal binding of buyers on bidding etc, how come you allow such fictitious sale from your side. After all it is your name which people trust & you just allow sellers to fool people & make extra bucks for yourself. It really is a ‘conspiracy’.

I sincerely advise you to do something about it.

Sincerely,
Vivek Mahajan

ebay buyers never pay now

I have been selling and buying on Ebay for about 9 years now. As you probably know Ebay & PayPay are almost...

ups drivers involved in scams

EBAY/UPS coordinated scam. I lost $17, 000 and my credit rating damaged over this fraud. Thief either purchases from inside Ebay employee a dormant member ID. The member usually has not bought or sold for a year, has 100% Positive feedback and is not monitoring their account, or maybe are dead. That is why I believe a Ebay emplyee is involved. The Thief contacts you (the seller) and is interested in your gold watch. You see 194-Positive Feedbacks and consider it is real. The theif claims they no longer use PayPal and suggest COD. You are not stupid enough to mail a $17, 000 item COD, unless the funds are 100%protected. You contact UPS and are convinced they are able to Guarantee that their driver will only accept US Postal Money Orders if you ask. You understand USPMO are like cash so agree to ship the watch. The buyer normally offers a price close to your asking price and mine said he would add $250 shipping credit. UPS charged me $329.90, all but $91 going for insurance, explaining the insurance protected me. The UPS clerk Guarantees me the driver insructions will exclude Cashier's Checks and Money Orders, COD=$16, 750 GUARANTEED. I ship the watch, being told the most I can lose is shipping if the buyer cannot produce the US Postal Money Orders. Tracking indicates the watch has been received and paid for so the theif calls me, tells me the watch is great and that he has left me a positive feedback; could I leave him one?Knowing my funds are secure I leave a feedback and start getting calls from Ebay members, indicating he wants to purchase their watch. I am confused, but believed my funds are secure. 13-days later I receive a very poorly constructed fake Cashier's Check, and are notified several other members lost their gold watches to the same guy, same address, same style check. The UPS driver accepted horribly poor checks from a man standing in front of a residence (not his) in a snow storm, for $56, 000. I strongly contend the driver was involved in the scam. UPS will pay nothing, saying the US Postal Money Order "thing" cannot be proved by me, and the Cashier's check, with no Water-marks, Black-line, State of Origin or even Check Number, passed their Facial Validity. Ebay can no longer be trusted and UPS is running Driver Scams. So I pay thousands to a attorney, Ebay is moot and UPS is now working with high-end fraud schemes.

scam and cheating

Hi my name is Latisha Vaisa and I live in Farmington New Mexico with my son and Fiance. Recently we found a boat from a seller in California, so we thought. For a week or so we exchanged e-mails. During this time the seller let us know that she was getting rid of her boat due to losing her husband in iraq. She explained that she was selling her boat through eBay so that the both of us would be protected. In the e-mails it show that the money will be sent to an eBay agent in San Jose California where it will be put in an escrow account. From there the eBay agent will keep it until the buyer inspects the item and decides to keep it. During this time I got several e-mails from an eBay site that all looked like we were being protected by ebays protection program. Come to find out it was a fake page and someone is out there with 5900.00 dollars of ours. I contacted money gram and they said that the money had been picked up in Broklyn New York. They said they were unable to tell us the exact location of the pick up due to there privacy policy. What we don't understand is how on all these e-mails that were sent to us by ebay, link to the real eBay site. We have contacted eBay and they have stated that they are not responsable. Then who is? We have contacted the FBI in Albuquerque and are going to do whatever it takes to getting our money back. We have saved all our e-mails/money gram receipts that we exchanged with the seller and eBay so we are taking this very serious. I hope you guys can do whatever it takes to helping us catch these people and getting our money back. I hear about scams like this every day, but I never thought it would happen to my family.

Ricky Jul 11, 2009

I was new to ebay. I opened a store. I was suspened one time for fake or copied items. I tried to provide proff that my items were not fakes and purchased at authorized product name brand stores. I offered receipts and even offered to ship them the items for an in person inspection. All i got was auto emails. Then after being suspended for a week, i went back on and relisted some items.In hours I was suspened, this time for 1 year! I called and this time got someone, that was nasty and treated me so poorly, he made me cry! I wrote several emails, once again offering the receipt and store item tags. I got an answer this time, an email signed by the same nasty man threathening me with purjury! I have filed complaints with consumer affairs and meeting with my own attorney. I undertsand they have policies. I have not violated them. I have rights too, and was treated like a criminal. Additionally, I had 80 items listed for sale. They removed them all and still dedcuted the listin fees ( in full) from my bank account!!!

• Su
    Sunde Sep 04, 2009

Ebay uses false accusations against sellers to lower ratings and expenses to increase revenue. The policy compliance department makes vague and false accusations concerning trademark violations and follows up with manipulation of the sellers feedback. My feedback ratings were manipulated overnight after I complained about the poor compliance rating I received. The targeted seller has no recourse for review and must submit to these Nazi sob's. The items I was accused of selling in violation of trademark policy were Gillette Fusion Razors purchased at Target stores. I have continued to sell the identical Razors for several weeks after this alleged policy violation without incident. Ebay was wrong but they won't admit the error. I sold my stock in this dead horse. I would advise everyone to do the same!

Rinclav Oct 10, 2009

Hi my name is Latisha Vaisa and I live in Farmington New Mexico with my son and Fiance. Recently we found a boat from a seller in California, so we thought. For a week or so we exchanged e-mails. During this time the seller let us know that she was getting rid of her boat due to losing her husband in iraq. She explained that she was selling her boat through eBay so that the both of us would be protected. In the e-mails it show that the money will be sent to an eBay agent in San Jose California where it will be put in an escrow account. From there the eBay agent will keep it until the buyer inspects the item and decides to keep it. During this time I got several e-mails from an eBay site that all looked like we were being protected by ebays protection program. Come to find out it was a fake page and someone is out there with 5900.00 dollars of ours. I contacted money gram and they said that the money had been picked up in Broklyn New York. They said they were unable to tell us the exact location of the pick up due to there privacy policy. What we don't understand is how on all these e-mails that were sent to us by ebay, link to the real eBay site. We have contacted eBay and they have stated that they are not responsable. Then who is? We have contacted the FBI in Albuquerque and are going to do whatever it takes to getting our money back. We have saved all our e-mails/money gram receipts that we exchanged with the seller and eBay so we are taking this very serious. I hope you guys can do whatever it takes to helping us catch these people and getting our money back. I hear about scams like this every day, but I never thought it would happent to my family.

Rigovv Oct 19, 2009

I recently listed a pair of 700w radiators on ebay for auction on the 5th of January 09. On the day that the auction was due to end ebay decided to end my listing and cancel the bids on it as it was apparently "breaching ebay policy" as in the title it had the words "As New" I put that the radiator was "As New" because it had been used however the condition was "As New". I didnt decide to list these things because im rolling in money! It has really annoyed me that Ebay decided to end the listing when there was quite alot of interest in the item, if they decided to end it within the first couple of days I wouldnt of minded as much as there were no bids.

Another thing that is also VERY annoying is that they ended it and then told me that it was eligible for relisting, which means that i will have to pay another listing fee and the chances are that the people who are interested in it will not bid again as they do not trust me as a seller!

I beleive that this is just another way to gain money out of its customers, as the reasons for cancelling listing for keyword spamming were "use of inapropriate keywords it the title for gaining attention" and the use of "brand names" has my listing title "as New" got anything to do with these policies? I think not!

• Pa
    Pammyjo1951 Oct 20, 2009

you should have opened a dispute with your bank account an had them chargeback those fees. If eBay suspended you unfairly, they can wait to get their payment.

• Be
    berber86 Dec 03, 2009

It is in the policy if you have read them on ebay all the things you are not allowed to say. example: if I sell a juicy couture purse that is not real I can't sell a counterfit item, also even if you were allowed to sell a counterfeit item- you cannot say "same as juicy couture" or something like that.
    Also it isnt like they ended your item at the last minute on purpose, there are TONS of other ebay members and most do have listings to be removed, but with so many, its gonna take time. I have listed fake chanel earrings before trying to get away with it, and I never said anything about knock-off and they removed it with in 2 hours because they knew they weren't real. But yes it does say in the policy all these things including "as new or like new"
    That is why you read the "terms and conditions" before clicking the box.

• Be
    berber86 Dec 03, 2009

Something similar happened to me. I have been an ebay member for quit awhile and my incident was buying a shirt from hong kong...well then I got a regular email from ebay telling me my item was ending, and at the bottom it states that if you dont get this email in your my messages on ebay, then its a fraud. or ya know something to that effect. so now I dont go by anything unless it is in my inbox...of course besides me listings ending and stuff because they dont send you those to your ebay inbox.
    Ebay imitation is the perfect scam because real people buy and sell and you would never think twice.

nightmare from hell.

Ebay MAstercard / GE Money Bank :
I applied for this "credit card" only for convenience for ebay transactions, since they make it look so inviting and wonderful.
Wow, what an utter rip-off. They slam you with all kinds of fees, late charges, over limit, etc etc etc etc. Each month is a different "surprise". And I do have other credit cards like Amex. This will certainly give you high blood pressure for sure. I wrote them a $1, 700 check to pay off in full and close the account, but they never ever go away. Ever! Six months later I'm still getting a bill for $1.50 . Stay far away and use a trusted bank or you'll be stuck with this perpetual nightmare from hell for the rest of your life.

• Si
    signal7772012 Feb 23, 2016

I applied for this card for convenience It was an eBay seller I thought it was appropriate for transactions I bought with it and use it for my shipments after a while I noticed that transactions do not add up always greater than the real number I could not do anything for my time and the complicated system they use to tracing the transactions whatever to get out of my doubt my balance was five hundred an thirty five I made a payment for hundred an thirty five account remained in four hundred after a while I return to this account to find my account had given birth nine dollar fiftyseven cents on their favor I do not trusted this company or bank whatever also they have PayPal that is the true star in this comprehensive they are the bank owners of this card and ebay partners the two team up to steal if you have the need for this card stay away remember these companies the more they have the more they want.

• Jn
    Jnieves Oct 08, 2019

I Received an e-bay Mastercard which I never applied for 1st the Tel # from Synchony Bank on rate statement was not in service. The P.O box listed was not for the bank. 2nd the card was sent to my nieces address in Rockland County I live in Yonkers, Total Scam.

bad product/no product

We ordered three books from Half.com. One shipped with 18 pages torn out of it, one never shipped and one was not what was ordered. We were charged for all three books. Half.com did not respond to our complaints and neither did the shippers. We cancelled our credit card and the charges were never paid to Half.com. Only then did they respond to our complaints saying we never should have cancelled our credit card payment. They claim we should have used their complaint process. We did and it is BROKEN. Do NOT purchase from Half.com. They suck! And you will not get your books in time for class and you will never get a refund. They figure that since you did not pay a whole lot of money for the books you'll not fight for your money back. They make a ton of money doing this.

• Bo
    booger Sep 15, 2009

I agree. Half.com only rips everybody off and never pays for the wrong it does. Someone should put an end to this terrible organization. They ripped me off every time I've used them.

• Pa
    PatK24 Oct 24, 2010

I was using half.com without any issues for about 4 months. In August I switched banks, and since the only way half.com will pay you is through direct deposit, I missed a deposit to my account. Their site says they will automatically try to deposit any missed payments next cycle, but that never happened. I've written to customer service 10 times, and no one has even acknowledged that they've seen my letters. They won't give me the money they owe me, and their customer service is nonexistent. RIP OFF.

• Je
    JeremyJ Dec 20, 2010

They have been holding 5, 400 dollars of mine for over 7 months. I have sent all necessary information to them and still no money. they even said they will release a check to me and still no check. I don't know what else to do. I even had proof of all my sales I sent them. (shown if pic below). After many emails over 30 no help. I have been dropped from most of my clases due to lack of payments, and evected out of apartment. I am just a college student and they took a lot from me .

I want to find a lawyer thank can help me. email [email protected]

Comments

• Ne
    NewYorkgal Oct 16, 2011

I AGREE 100%!!! Half.com is a RIP-OFF, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A JOKE!!!

scam

What is up with HALF? Who appointed them God over book sells? I have been blocked for no reason at all! I have kept up with all their requirements. I have 99% feedback. I ship out the same or next day and am prompt to respond to all emails. And when my sales are in the 1, 0000's they put you on holiday and make yo jump through all their AUTOMATED response, can't talk to a person, and then weeks later they respond and say you are suspended. THey don't have to give a reason they keep your money for 90 days and make interest on it that they don't pay you back, when you go to get your money they make you go through more hoops to claim the money. Isn't there anyway to sue their buts off! I am not about sueing people, I just want to get my money that is mine! HELP! Is there a lawyer who would be willing to take on the so called almighty of books sales? Just found out about one that will be coming soon and you can bet that I will be going there. Half needs to be taken down a few links so that they think of the real honest person who is trying to make a living instead of padding their stockmarket pocket books especially in this economy now. What can our government do? They probably are in half's back pocket though. Any one else fed up? Maybe we should all unite and get a lawyer willing to take on half. Any ideas? Thanks

• Bo
    bobtheman Sep 02, 2009

What can the government do? Jesus Christ. Why the hell should government do a god damn thing? Don't people know how to deal with things themselves anymore? Must the government save everyone from themselves?

Just do what they ask and get your money. If you don't like selling on Half.com, sell on Amazon. That's what a free market system is about.

• Ba
    BadTink Sep 25, 2009

Bobtheman,
    ARE YOU NUTS! I just found out I was suspended. 99+% rating. Always follow the rules and they will not tell me why I have been suspended. On the 15th they owed me over $30k now they owe me over $40k and I was told I have to wait 90 days to get my money.

The free market has to do with buying and selling and fair practice. There is nothing fair about the practices of Half.com. The fact that nobody will take phone calls and nobody can tell you what is the matter with your account is pure Fraud. It's as if Half.com is having a cash flow problem and we are the ones to suffer. If you sell $10 worth, no problem. You sell large dollars and you can expect to get stuck and receive no money.

If there was a way to sue them, I would. In no other business is this allowed. What a complete scam.

• Ne
    NewYorkgal Oct 16, 2011

HALF.COM IS A SCAM!!!

crook

Ebay seller "a_new_golden_dawn" is a FRAUD and a PHONY. She doesn't know anything about magic. In fact she has over EIGHT Ebay accounts where she sells fake meta. Her name is Verna Henry and she runs an antiques shop in California where she gets all the junk she says is from her magic grandmother. EBAYS A NEW GOLDEN DAWN IS A FRAUD. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY OR JUST FLUSH IT DOWN THE TOILET LIKE I DID! I bought a magic bottle and it had a bunch of PLASTIC In it not even real crystals. dont get duped by this crook!!!

• Ad
    Adam Crotts Nov 20, 2013

I suppose Jack had a complaint about his magic beans too huh? I have a magic pile of dog ### you can buy for only 100 dollars. I got it from my magic dog. MAGIC IS FAKE. DUH! Welcome to the real world where magic isn't real. We call it the grownup world. Wanna see magic as real as it gets?...go to Disney.

• Je
    Jeo Pif Nov 20, 2016

来自芝加哥伊利诺伊州的杰姆王是一个骗子在ebay由jianwang777。他是一个小偷,应该被逮捕,因为他的参与,包括窃取人们的手机和销售破碎的黑名单手机。 [email protected]是一个骗子!

awful experience

I saw a 3 jaw for sale on e-bay from seller 800watt. I send seller 800watt an e-mail to ask about the tolerance of these chucks because of an earlier experience. He assured me this was a well built and precise chuck. I order the chuck and pay for it. After a week or so, I haven't heard anything so I send an e-mail to 800watt asking about the shipping information, that is when I found out that he didn't have the mounting plates for the 10 chucks he said was available. Since the backs were unavailable for the 3 jaw chuck rendering them useless and seller said He could upgrade me to the four jaw chuck and that if I wasn't satisfied I could return for a full refund. I told him to send the four jaw chuck and that I would check it out for my use. The chuck is far from being precise, I have sent several e-mails over several weeks about shipping the chuck back to no avail. Now I need to know if this common practice for e-bay to allow this sort of thing to go on, or what course of action do I need to take.

• Fa
    Fantigro1 Mar 17, 2015

I bought a Technics Stero system from Andy 2622(?), he swears that it was in working condition, did a review and said it arrived in goo shape. Hooked it up and nothing, deader than a door nail!!! When thru EBay resolutions and made to wait while they got intoch with the seller, as he did with me, he did not respond to them, the Resolutions Dept. So it went in my favor. This Andy, found out that everything went in my favor, he wanted his system back, I was told by customer support because I won under the Money Back garentee I could throw it out if I wanted to, and was told on 2 different occasions to ignor him. Then here comes the threats from the seller, I told him what EBay said and all of a sudden everyone was wrong. I had plan to send it back anyway, then my mom passed and had to be buried, it just got worst. I'm nor sorry EBay why didn't you help, called you at least 5 times in a week. Don't trust you, and will more than think twice befor I buy on your sight again

no product or service but no refund

I had a charge come across my account for $1.95 for something that I never received. I called the company and they stated that it was for a trial period but I did not recognize the company name or information. They say they have my ip address but I have purchased other things on the computer so I imagine someone else could have my ip address or have even signed up for something on my computer. Here is the kicker. I don't even know what it is because they gave me nothing by mail, phone or email in order for me the check it out to figure out what might have happened. They say they gave me a trial period, to what?? They then charged my account for $82.13. They cancelled my service but they won't refund my money and if they aren't going to refund the money shouldn't I at least get a product or service??? I have nothing, oh and here is the best part, each day there is a new charge for supposedly another company but it is the same people answer. One was called list for cash, another SBA Track online and who knows what will come next. The last charge was $13.55 so now I have been charged, $1.95, $82.13 and $13.55 and have nothing to show for it. They refuse to give you the name of their call center, they just keep saying they are answering calls for HotBusinessmarket. They refuse to give you the names of people in that company and they refuse to let you talk to a supervisor. Apparantly the supervisors aren't there to talk to people, only to train people how to scam!!! They have hung up on me each time I have called which only says to me SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!! How can they get away with this?? Isn't there something that can be done? If anyone knows of any recourse please post something on this website.

Thanks!

• Vd
    VdrumsRoland Aug 20, 2009

OK here ya go... I found this on Facebook of all places.
    Then as you see that pulls this site:
    But watch this... If you take out all of the links above and just enter the main domain:
    SAME SITE!!!
    Every link on the page point to the same place and when you go there and make a purchase (as I being an idiot did). You get what they are advertising except, you pay member fees (they don't tell you that until you make the $1.95 purchase. AND You do NOT make money. They just clean your account out!
    Get rid of your cards if they have the number and file a complaint with your bank ASAP!!!
    Also, don't bother calling the 1-800-497-4988 or 1-800-931-3083. Everyone there is foreign (India) ALSO another proof that it's a scam. They hang up on you, put you on hold and never answer the phones.

They run under several different company names.
    profitcenterlearning.com
    yourprofitgateway.com
    Pacific WebWorks, Inc
    profitstudiolearning.com
    BidFuel.com

scam/monopoly

I recently signed up for ebay, about a month ago. It took about 2 weeks for them to integrate my merchant account to my ebay account so I could accept credit card payments and avoid paypal, as paypal has well over 7, 000 complaints against them with BBB. Afetr calling them everyday for a week, and hearing their sales pitch on why I should "Just use Paypal", they finally sent me an email stating that my merchant account has been accepted and I can now list items and choose credit cards for payment. I listed about $25, 000 worth of consumer electronics which I get from a dropship company. After the first auction ended, the buyer sent me a message stating that they were unable to pay for the item. I called ebay and ebay told me that there was a "Pay Now" button in the email that was automatically sent to the buyer after the auction had ended. I contacted the buyer, and he said there was no such thing. This happened twice. I called ebay again and told them I would NOT pay the seller fees for the items I had listed because the merchant account was not properly integrated with my ebay account. They absolutely refused and just about hung up on me.
I was stuck, and in the meantime while fighting wth them about this, I listed a couple items so I had something going on. The following day, I received an email from ebay stating that my listings had been removed and that my account was now blocked. I called them and they stated that Paypal needed more information on my Paypal account in order to remove the suspension. I informed them that I never opened a Paypal account, and they insisted they did, and that I linked it to my ebay account to accept payments. I knew this was false and was now very skeptical and knew my time with ebay would be coming to an end. I called paypal, and they asked me for information on the Paypal account, and they told me that the information was incorrect. They put me on hold, and then told me that I needed to provide them with my social security number and receipts for items I was selling on ebay. I told them I never opened a Paypal account and that I never linked a Paypal account to my ebay account, and they told me that regardless, the Paypal account would stay and that unless I provided them with the information they requested, the ebay account would remain blocked. I called them several times in hopes that I would get someone on the phone that would help me further. but to no avail.
I personally think this is just simply a shady way of ebay participating in a monopoly with their sister company, Paypal, in an effort to force users to accept Paypal for payments to increase their revenue and so they have total control of what you sell on ebay and control of your money, and Paypal has a habit of suspending accounts with no reasons and hijacking the funds in the account for 6 months or more.
I recently got this straightened out with the Paypal account, and they reinstated my account. The next day, the ebay account was again blocked. I received a message from Paypal statng that there was suspicious activity with the credit card associated with my Paypal account and that they would no longer be able to provide their services to me.
This is the biggest and widely known online scam and Monopoly.
Ebay has become a thing of the past. Everyone has been moving to other sites such as Amazon.com and Ecrater.com. Ebay will continue to lose members every day and will be no more than a glorified craigslist with the highest rates on the web full of scammers and greed.

• Th
    thrasher5 Jan 09, 2013

You need to do more then just complain on here. File a complaint with the FTC. Also file a complaint with your state's consumer affairs website as well as California's.

• Am
    amazingrosey1 Mar 05, 2014

I just filed a complaint with the FTC this evening about PayPal refusing to release my money that was paid to me by the buyer until 3 days after the buyer receives the item, which I had to pay for out of pocket to ship & they also have my goods now. THEFT!!!

debt collection

I have been unemployed for the past 13 months and just returning to work. My eBay Mastercard account wa...