Having problems with eBay?

2211 North First Street
Sat9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

bad service

E-Bay versendet bei Auktionen die ohne ein Angebot enden unaufgefordert ein Angebot zur kostenlosen Wiedereinstellung des nicht verkauften Artikels. Es empfiehlt sich dringend das Kleingedruckte zu lesen! Die kostenlose Wiedereinstellung gilt nur dann, wenn die zweite Auktion ein Gebot zum Mindestpreis ergibt. Wird der Artikel erneut nicht verkauft, so bezahlt man zum zweiten Mal die Auktionsgebuehr.

Der Begriff "kostenlos" ist daher irrefuehrend denn

Wird der Artikel erneut nicht verkauft, so zahlt man zum zweiten Mal die Angebotsgebuehr.

Wird der Artikel aber verkauft, so ist dann selbsverstaendlich die Angebotsprovision faellig.

Was bitte schoen ist daran denn kostenlos???

I do not recommend that you deal with this seller.

The following is a review and summary of my experiences purchasing from Ebay Seller Tarasevich5gsh - aka Kingston Traders of West Kingston, Rhode Island.

I purchased a piece of Roseville pottery from this Seller that was descibed as follows in his listing: "A 10 1/2" tall Roseville art pottery ewer that is signed on the bottom Roseville USA 20-10. the only fault I can find with this piece is a pinhead speck of glaze missing at the very tip of the spout. Otherwise in good condition, no chips or cracks."

When the item arrived, I discovered that this description was grossly inaccurate. What was described in the listing as a "pinhead speck of glaze missing" was actually a significant chip into the actual ceramic and which was far larger than a pinhead in size.

Even more distressing to me was the fact that there were gobs of what looks like construction adhesive in several areas of the ewer and also several scrapes in which the glazing is missing.

When I called the Seller about these defects, he expressed no surprise whatsoever, and did not deny that these defects existed. His repsonse was that I should try to remove the adhesive with "GOOP" and that the scratches on the ewer were not undesirable as they showed that the Roseville pottery was an authentic antique and not a counterfeit reproduction.

I informed the Seller that I would not try to remove the adhesive as I was concerned that any attempt to do this could result in damage to the piece of pottery.

I also told the Seller that I would not have bid on this piece of pottery if the Ebay listing had been accurate and had mentioned the above defects.

The Seller refused to refund my purchase price and has instead insisted that he does not sell items "on approval", that his listing was "exactly accurate", and that I was "nitpicking".

I have photos of the the above damage and defects. Should anyone wish to see them and decide for themselves whether the listing was accurate or whether it was deceptive and significantly at odds with the item's actual condition, please contact me and I will email them to you.

I do not recommend that you deal with this Seller.

ebay scams sellers & buyers

The Ebay Company scams sellers more than sellers scam buyers. I am fortunate that I caught this early on...

new feedback system sucks

eBay's new feedback system totally sucks. this give buyers all the willpower to destroy someone's positive feedback that they work so hard on getting. i had a buyer (edsbonebed) win an auction and then decide he didn't want it. he emailed me with a question about the item. I then answered his question and posted it in my item description for others to read as well.

After the auction ended, i sent him his invoice. he emailed saying that since the frame was new and not antique, he decided that he didn't want it and forgot to cancel his sniping bid and that he would not be purchasing the item. since i am the seller, i could only leave positive feedback for him, but i spoke my mind on it.

He, in turn, left me negative feedback saying that i had deceived him. i did not deceive him in any way whatsoever. he then follows up on his feedback that i have him confused with someone else. highly doubtful. i emailed ebay to try to remove his negative feedback, but i doubt it does me any good.

This new feedback system does nothing good for the seller. i saw nothing wrong with the old way.

I am just about ready to quit selling on ebay.

He is fairly new to ebay and i've been on there for 4 years. people like him should not be allowed to leave feedback at all.

He is the one who entered into a legal binding contract and then decided he didn't want the item. but, of course, I can't leave negative feedback for him.

He is such a liar.

I am still trying to get ebay to remove his negative feedback.

I have filed an unpaid item dispute and he still didn't pay, so at least i gave him an unpaid item strike, til ebay decides to remove it since he is a buyer.

I don't know what is wrong with ebay these days. i use to love selling on ebay and now i'm trying to figure out where else to go.

Matt Aug 11, 2008

Not only does the new feedback method suck for the buyer, but there is no support for the buyer. They say that the reason that they changed the feedback is so that buyers can leave true feedback and not fear a seller's retaliation. The problem with it is that a buyer can do anything and not have to worry about getting hammered for it. I sold a broken plasma HDTV for $5.50 US with shipping of $125.00 US due to the size and weight of the item. I stated in my description that it was broken and was selling it for parts or repair. I also stated that I would not be held responsible for damage during shipping because it was already broken. The buyer paid after 2 weeks of emailing and waiting, then after 2 more weeks I recieved the TV back from UPS. The buyer had refused the package due to damage during shipping (tracking showed everything). He then filed a complaint with Paypal stating that he never received the item and was demanding a refund. I followed up with all the purchase and tracking information to show that he did in fact receive the item and refused it. After repeated requests from Paypal to refund his money, I fanally got through to someone at paypal to find out what I could do about this. The Rep. at Paypal told me that since he refused the item then he does not physically have the item in possesion and is due a full refund. I explained to her thet the sale contract through Ebay stated that I was not responsible for damage during shipping and she told me that IT DID NOT MATTER. Once a buyer files a complaint with Paypal, all pervious contracts are null and void. I asked her "I could buy over a Million dollars worth of merchandice from $.01 to $20, 000.00 or more and as long as I refuse the item I am due a full refund?" She told me YES, as long as you do not take possesion of the item, you are due a full refund. I asked her, "On what planet does that make any sence?" I also told her that this was the third item I had ever sold on Ebay and that I may sell again, but I will guarantee her that I would never deal with Paypal in a sale again. I am tired of sites that cater to buyers. When will ther be someone who will back up the seller. Ebay and Paypal, great idea, poor service.

Matt Aug 11, 2008

Not only does the new feedback method suck for the seller, but there is no support for the seller. They say that the reason that they changed the feedback is so that buyers can leave true feedback and not fear a seller's retaliation. The problem with it is that a buyer can do anything and not have to worry about getting hammered for it. I sold a broken plasma HDTV for $5.50 US with shipping of $125.00 US due to the size and weight of the item. I stated in my description that it was broken and was selling it for parts or repair. I also stated that I would not be held responsible for damage during shipping because it was already broken. The buyer paid after 2 weeks of emailing and waiting, then after 2 more weeks I recieved the TV back from UPS. The buyer had refused the package due to damage during shipping (tracking showed everything). He then filed a complaint with Paypal stating that he never received the item and was demanding a refund. I followed up with all the purchase and tracking information to show that he did in fact receive the item and refused it. After repeated requests from Paypal to refund his money, I fanally got through to someone at paypal to find out what I could do about this. The Rep. at Paypal told me that since he refused the item then he does not physically have the item in possesion and is due a full refund. I explained to her thet the sale contract through Ebay stated that I was not responsible for damage during shipping and she told me that IT DID NOT MATTER. Once a buyer files a complaint with Paypal, all pervious contracts are null and void. I asked her "I could buy over a Million dollars worth of merchandice from $.01 to $20, 000.00 or more and as long as I refuse the item I am due a full refund?" She told me YES, as long as you do not take possesion of the item, you are due a full refund. I asked her, "On what planet does that make any sence?" I also told her that this was the third item I had ever sold on Ebay and that I may sell again, but I will guarantee her that I would never deal with Paypal in a sale again. I am tired of sites that cater to buyers. When will ther be someone who will back up the seller. Ebay and Paypal, great idea, poor service.

aid and abet shill bidding

eBay introduces absolute anonymity for (shill) bidders. In Australia, the UK, Ireland and the Philippines, eBay has obscured auction bidding to the point that genuine bidders have got absolutely no chance of detecting and thereby protecting themselves from “shill” bidding (a criminal offense in most civilized countries) by unethical vendors.

Notwithstanding eBay’s statements to the contrary, this application of absolute anonymity (ie, Bidder 1, Bidder 2, etc) by eBay on these sites serves absolutely no purpose other than to deceive consumers by making even any otherwise blatantly obvious shill bidding undetectable; and the same criticism has always been applicable to eBay’s other shill bidders’ facility, “User ID kept private”.

My concern then is not so much with the effectively bidder-specific anonymity (“a***b (n)”) now in use in the US and elsewhere (and which still allows genuine bidders some opportunity to watch for suspicious patterns of bidding on a seller's other auctions) but with the absolute anonymity (“Bidder N”) in use in Australia, the UK, Ireland and the Philippines.

Again, notwithstanding eBay’s various pronouncements about shill bidding being banned on eBay, eBay is now, on these sites, effectively (and now knowingly) “aiding and abetting” such shill bidders to defraud consumers...

For those of you with a longer attention span, a lengthy critical analysis of this matter appears at:
http://www.auctionbytes.com/forum/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=6498345#6498345. I apologize in advance for the length of this linked “rant”. Needless to say eBay would not tolerate it on their discussion forums and I have spent time on eBay’s “naughty chair” for posting links to it.

If you are an unethical shill-bidding seller or a buyer who is not concerned that on the above-mentioned national sites eBay is effectively “aiding and abetting” such shill-bidding sellers to cheat you, read no further.

• To
    Tom Dec 02, 2008

Yes this is a tactic by eBay to maximise the amount of fees they collect. Higher priced auctions = more fees. If the auctions were ended due to shill bidding, they would be losing out on fee revenue.

I don't use eBay anymore.

• PhilipCohen Jun 01, 2009

Shill Bidding on eBay: A Case Study
    For anyone interested, a detailed case study of a classic, blatant shill bidder on eBay, and a comment on eBay’s attitude thereto, at http://www.auctionbytes.com/forum/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=24033

not for me any more

Ebay is a scam, they suspended my account saying that my account was linked to another suspended user. I set...

ioffer is better than ebay

In fact, there is no other website that is worse than ebay!

At least they treat people like human beings, unlike ebay, who don't care about people. Period.

ebay is changing it's business model and eliminating all smaller sellers in favour of pre-selected, ebay-approved, super-sellers.

There is a great essay out by Rick Bilderberg, explaining how ebay is randomly suspending sellers, and, of course, keeping the positive seller's fees, which is a crime. Period.

It can be freely downloaded at the Internet Archive:

• Oa
    oasisxo Feb 05, 2009

Thank you for posting the link to Rick Bilderbergs' essay:

Highly informative and right to the point. Anyone that has used (or has been abused by) eBay/PayPal in the past, or is planning on doing any type of business with them in the future, I would highly recommend going to the above link to read Mr. Bilderbergs' work.

• Nu
    nunya Feb 14, 2009

you should search ioffer on this site and see the complaints!!..hope this helps you out...only trying to be helpful and letting you know..

overcharged for sale

I put my car up for sale. It was in bad shape so was being sold 'as is'. I sold the car for $200. Then ebay had the effrontery to charge me about $40., which I expected and another $90. for...who knows what. Of course my complaint landed on deaf ears. My argument that the car only sold for $200. did not seem to warrant a reply...bottom line, I got about $60. for the car. NEVER AGAIN!!!...It did not seem to cut any ice with them that their charge was unreasonable. As long as they got their blood money, that's all that counted.

I paid and never got anything

I order A gown dress on EBay and I paid with a money order so I received a message that I was going to received the item with in 3 days so I waited and never got anything so I had all the information of that person I send him a message he said that I should be receiving it .

I called his cell and he said that he never received any money order. I try to cancel the money order and he had already cashed the check. I made so many complains to Ebay that I never got anything back the gown or my money. I am so pissed off I have all that guys information.

• Pe
    Peter Aug 28, 2008

Same here!

I won an item on eBay I paid with PayPal, but didn't receive anything. Because I filed the complain more than 60 days after the bid I couldn't event leave a negative feedback for the seller!

Very frustrated! Very bad and unfair system!

they don't want small dealers

No matter what eBay says, their recent feedback policy changes have been put in place eliminate all small and mid-level sellers to the site to make way for all of the mega volume sellers on the site. eBay is ran by corporate minded people who do not think about small business, but rather how much money can they become worth.

This is evident eBay swallowing up every company that could piggyback or compete for their share of the marketplace (paypal, Skype, banning Google Checkout)

I have been running an eBay store for 2+ years with nothing but 100% feedback and great seller experience. Then they change their feedback policy and like many of you, have found my score to drop drastically and in turn have found my account on hold for 30 days!

The reason for the hold on my account for poor seller performance and creating a bad buying experience. Well now that buyers have a free for all on our feedback that is "relative to the volume of sales per month" the small and mid-level sellers will soon be forced out for poor feedback equally low sales or eBay simply closing you down because you do not give them enough money.

On top of that, when the neutral feedback was put into place eBay told sellers and buyers that the neutral feedback would not hurt a sellers score and then in turn made sellers and buyers kind of ok with that and understanding. Then out of no where those neutrals do count and are held against us. I was talking to a customer service agent with eBay this morning and asked him in all honesty if he thought that sounded fair. Of course he couldn’t answer the truth and said all he could say was the policies.

I also asked him why eBay favours the buyers when its the sellers who actually pay fees to eBay and have an alliance with eBay and work on the site daily. So you give all the power to the buyers in truth may visit the site once a month? Is it because they want to keep the buyers happy and visiting all of their mega dealers? What does eBay care if a small dealer wont be selling their iPod on eBay when they got some huge company on there selling 5000 of them at a time?

I returned an email to them with some questions I asked them. I will post their reply here if I get one back.

• Do
    dollar general employee Jul 24, 2008

I have encountered the exact same problem and have also been suspended for 2 negative feedbacks both of which were issued refunds and never incurred a loss from me. I do not think the new policy is fair and we as sellers have no rebuttle rights to this at all! I have since quit selling on ebay which has financially hurt me but if I can't depend on my account being avaliable for me then why do I need to run up listing fees to have auctions canceled that are NEVER credited back then the process turns into account suspension for non payment of seller fees!

I want my money back

This site ebay inc. Payments take out money out of my acount without my o. K. To take out the money out of my...

Coleman Telemarketing

stay away

Suspended from ebay no reason no warning no help in resolving it. Ebay needs to go out of business they are rip off artist. I paid 70 dollars for auctions running they suspended me and stopped the auctions still I am not sure why or how to fix it. I just wanted my account closed and they will not close my account! Is this aloud I want my info off their site.

I do have some news, here is a phone number for EBAY [protected]

Call all you want. BTW this phone number is only for special customers I got it by accident form an online help.

• Ba
    bamargeracom Aug 07, 2009

I signed up to ebay about a month ago, and was subject to and experienced the Ebay/Paypal Monopoly first hand. I did not want to use Paypal to accept payments as I already have my own merchant account with First Data and they are half the price of Paypal. When listing my first item, I scrolled to the part where it asked how I would like to be paid. I un-checked Paypal, and checked credit card. On the next screen it said that in order to accept credit cards I had to fax a copy of my merchant account invoice to them to prove to them that I can support this method of payment. I faxed them the necessary documents, and the games began. 2 days went by and no message from them about what was going on. Then I called them and was asked why I did not want to use paypal, and that it is the preferred payment of ebay. I explained to them my situation, and they said they would look into the situation, and they would get back to my via email. I waited another 2 days, and nothing. I called them again, and they brought me to the listing page, and they walked me through and told me to click Paypal for payments accepted, and I told them I did not want to accept Paypal, and they were dumbfounded and did not know what to do. They knew nothing about how to integrate my merchant account. They told me I have to wait for T&S to contact me. The next morning I called them again, and was once again told to just use Paypal and recieved a pitch on how they were safe and secure. I asked to speak to a manager, and they told me the manager was not available. I then called again and they finally got to the bottom of things. I listed a couple of items, and after the first one ended, the buyer told me there was no way for him to pay. I called ebay again and they told me there was a "Pay Now" button in the email that was automatically sent to them after the auction ended. The buyer told me there was nothing there. I got this same response from every winning bidder that day. I called ebay and they once again told me that I should accept Paypal for payments until they get the situation fixed. I told them I would not pay for the listing fees so far and they told me I have to pay them, and that it is like listing an ad in the paper and the listing fees are non-refundable. The next day they told me that they fixed the problem, and then I listed a couple items, and everything seemed to be good, until the first auction was down to the last minute. The account was blocked by Paypal, and I was informed that they needed more information on my Paypal account in order for the account suspension to be lifted. I called ebay and they told me the block was from Paypal. I called Paypal and they asked for my SS# and receipts for the items I was selling. I told them I never opened a Paypal account, and they told me regardless, they would still need the information in order to lift the suspension, and until then, the account would remain blocked. I called Ebay and they told me there was in fact a Paypal account linked to my ebay account and that there was nothing they could do. Now, I NEVER opened a Paypal account nor did I link it to my ebay account. To me, this is yet another shady desperate attempt by Ebay to force new members that do not know any better to use Paypal to accept Paypal so they can make money from every angle. When I call them and tell them this whole scenario, they ask me if there is anything they can help me with, otherwise the phone call will be disconnected. They no longer respond to my email regarding this and they told me that if I keep contacting them through ebay live chat that they would bring up charges for Harassment. What a way to run a company. I also notice that when you post ANY negative comments about ebay that are valid in the ebay forums, the comments are removed and you are banned from posting in their forums. They are trying to cover up anything negative about their company, but truth be told..., check out Ebay and Paypal on the Better Business Bureau and see all the complaints they have since January. There are well over 10, 000 of them. Ebay soon will be a thing of the past and they will continue to lose thousands of members a week to Amazon, just like me.

beware of this phishing!

Dear eBay Member,

Due to our latest changes on eBay Marketplace security system we have discovered there is an issue with your Account on file.

You can also copy and paste the following link into your Web browser:
Your confirmation code is: 65417

At this moment all selling, bidding and watching activities on your account are restricted until you confirm your Account Informations.

eBay

Complete this process

Confirm Now
This will confirm to eBay your Account details

Learn how you can protect yourself from spoof (fake) emails at:

If you would like to receive this email in text format, change your notification preferences.

See our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have questions about eBay's communication policies.
Privacy Policy: http://pages.ebay.com/ebaymotors/help/policies/privacy-policy.html
User Agreement: http://pages.ebay.com/ebaymotors/help/policies/user-agreement.html

Copyright © [protected] eBay, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of eBay, Inc.
eBay is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.

I got ripped off for 938.00 on ebay and they don't care

I found a reasonably priced 150cc Scooter on Ebay. Sent a bank check for the sum of 938.00, and I got a Junk Scooter that wont start! Its been a year now and I’m still pissed because the thing sits in my basement and still wont start! I bought it from a Scammer named Rak on Ebay. His Ebay store is called Netnetstore. He is located in Lorain Ohio. I talked to everyone there except for him. I talked to his Mechanic, who stated he’s just a Ford mechanic. I talked to the receptionist, who always says he’s gone or in a meeting. He did send me some parts but they didn’t help and most of those parts were for the lights. What a rip-off!

• Lo
    Lori2002 Sep 23, 2008

I think many people do not check the ads for specific information before they buy. Did you ask for information from the seller such as how old is it, does it run, and any other thing you can do to avoid a rip off. Did you get a picture, did you complain to ebay?
    I ALWAYS check other ads to see if the price is out of range, and I often read the sellers and buyers columns about rip offs to identify the likelihood this is one of those kinds of sales that I could lose $ on. I did not see you say you talked to ebay or what they said. Yes there are scammers, buyer beware is all over ebay for the people who listen. Sorry on your loss!

scam

Be careful of this company, they make promises of making thousands by giving away free software, they also...

unfair collections of debt

Unfair collections $22.61. Debt is not my debt. Victim of id theft. Never had an ebay account fixing to turn me over to collections for this debt sent them a 4 letters in the mail saying I am victim of id theft, they refuse to do anything. Charging me a 1.5 Apr late fee every month. Keep on sending harassment e-mails have told them to stop. I have made a number of calls to Dan Janakas of ebay at [protected] they refuse to respond. Account ID E164104785001 is not my account credit card stolen that was used to set this account up. EBay Global Collections needs to go pawn sand because I refuse to pay a debt I did not do I did not list anything.

overdue account

I am disabled and am now unable to work, and somehow Ebay screwed me with my seller fees.I paid over 1/2 and made payment arrangements with them, and then all of a sudden these rude ### people from IC Systems started calling me.
I explained my situation to one of the IC Systems representitives.and was told that collection efforts will continue.
If I find out they have somehow tapped my phone line and called people that I call on a regular basis, not only will I file FEDERAL Charges, I will make every attempt to be there at their home office with Federal Agents to affect the arrest.

And if they try to hack into my PC, that would be the biggest and last mistake IC will ever make.

I also have my phone wired to record all calls now.So IC Systems, consider this your notice that your calls to my phone are being recorded and will be used as evidence.

Now piss off!!

www.gogoec.com china supplier china wholesaler accept paypal

hello every one i got a mail from a china company called gogoec . has any one dealed with this company before?
here is their website and contact detail

wholesale drop shipping retail price web page

GoGoEc.com
Address: Room 29B, Unit 1, Building1, Fuminjiayuan, Jintian Road, Futian District, Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China
Tel:(86)755-[protected]
Fax:(86)755-[protected]

• Su
    superman Apr 29, 2008

I have been using their service for a while and I really enjoy their wonderful service. I use to search constantly for a good supplier for my small business and that use to be such a big headache. Now I don’t have to look any more because not only did I find a good supplier, I also made new friends that take care of me. I am now a big buyer, and that gives me many privileges within GOGOEC.COM. you can rest assured that the sellers here are serious about taking care of your needs. Because of GOGOEC.COM, my business is growing bigger everyday. i recommend this site to everyone that want to make their business bigger and get more profits.

jones Apr 30, 2008

Yes that right gogoec.com is good, their drop shipping service is excellent.

• Wo
    Wody Aug 26, 2008

I order a phone for 2 weeks now. I pay via paypal. Until now, I didn't hear from them. No email, no receipt, no order number. I finally sent them a message, they didn't even reply. To be honnest, I am worried about this company

• Wo
    Wody Aug 29, 2008

I finally received the phone but guess what? ??? They sent me a used phone and It is not working. I don't recommend anyone to buy any item from this vendor. Shame on gogoec...

asks for social security number

Ebay/PayPal have a new scam now. We had an account with both and were actively selling for several months. We had a perfect 100% feedback rating. Suddenly and without warning eBay and PayPal suspended our accounts. eBay cancelled all of our auctions and had the nerve to demand payment for the fees too! Since the auction info is wiped out we have no idea what the correct fees should even be. They claimed the suspension was due to "issues" with our Paypal account and we needed to resolve them first. We went to our PayPal account and it said that there had been "suspicous activity". ????? No explaination. It asked for three things. A. verify our phone number, which we did. Fine. B. Verify that we had shipped a particular customers item. We researched the item and the customer had only paid for it twelve minutes before Ebay suspended our account! How fast do they expect us to be! And this on a Sunday too! C. Now the last one is a real doosey. They want my SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER ! What are they nuts! There is NO reason in the world they need that! They claim it's to verify my identity. What? The only way they could verify that is to take my number and do a credit check, and I never authorized them to do that nor will I. I will be filing suit in small claims court today. It will cost them at least for an attorney to come to court and defend them. I will also let everyone I know what they are trying to do to decent working people. It's wrong and the only way to stop them is to expose them. So pass the word, tell all your friends what Ebay and PayPal are all about.

• Th
    The Dude that hates ebay Feb 07, 2009

The registration process for ebay and paypal both do not at any point for any reason include your SSN.Gaining knowledge of the same would not help identify you to them at all.
    Either you were talking to scamsters or youve made it up.

• Ba
    bamargeracom Aug 07, 2009

Before I post my usual post here, I would like to correct "The dude that hates ebay". You are wrong. Paypal ALWAYS Asks for your SS# after the account has been open for a little while. It has happened to me. They plan on soon reporting all income to paypal accounts to the IRS. Trust me, I know. Now for my usual post about my experience with Ebay and Paypal and their scams and monopolies:

conceals paypal thefts and internet fraud crimes

TRUE STORY of eBay concealment of PayPal thefts, Internet fraud and cover-ups...

So a customer bought my $500 item on eBay... Now I'm happy, right?? I checked PayPal and money's there. Now I get the package ready to ship...

But just as I get ready to go to the Post Office, that little voice in the back of my head says, «I’ll maybe just take a look at PayPal again... "

And EUREKA - the payment had been REVERSED... Just literally minutes before the expensive item was to be mailed out - NO MONEY!!

So I call eBay to get details and report it to the authorities, but they can't reveal any ' Top Secret ' details of a (FEDERAL) offence - Mail Fraud...

NO reason for the reversal... NO info on Buyer... NO EXPLANATION for eBay's GROSS NEGLIGENCE in failing to call, e-mail or in any way inform me (the happy Seller) of whatever problem had arisen BEFORE the item was shipped...

IF the item had been shipped, imagine the hassles trying to recover it (or get $$ back on an uninsured item - since Buyer did not pay for insurance)... and eBay has FAILED to ever explain, apologize or give any details on the CRIME committed... and NO evidence on any prosecution or punishment...

Nope, eBay just wants to cover up MAJOR CRIMES and THEFTS and FRAUDS - not prevent or solve them...

CBS' 60 Minutes revealed a major crime ring stealing $2, 000, 000 in merchandise from Home Depot - and SELLING IT ALL HAPPILY ON eBay... even after Home Depot told eBay what was happening, eBay did NOTHING to stop it...

Imagine - they will suspend people for simple (and unjustifiable) Negative feedbacks w/o prior notice or opportunity to present contrary evidence, but FEDERAL CRIMES?? WIRE FRAUD, INTERSTATE MAIL FRAUD ? ? just let 'em slide...

• Al
    Alana Morabito Oct 07, 2008

I had purchased 2 GPC navigational systems off ebay for approx. 76.00 each. I waited, no product. I emailed and emailed with no return response. I contacted ebay and pay pal. Of course, I had paid. Only later to find that this person or person had sold hundreds of these with multiple complaints over a 3 month time span with ebay doing nothing to correct this. Ebay knew this was a scam and did nothing to protect buyers. So, I made my case to pay pal and won. Ha, ha... I never saw a dime of the money! I have never bought on ebay or used pay pal again. It's only a scam! Where is the better business companies when you need them. If I sold a fraudulent product I would go to jail. Ebay and Pay Pal just make more money.

• Th
    The Dude that hates ebay Feb 07, 2009

Question is, why isnt something being done about it ?

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices