Having problems with eBay?

2211 North First Street
Sat9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

Resolved rip off

I apologize not having the url or their address I just found out I was ripped off and searched their named and you came up then I will search even further. I do remember it was an e-mail I received and followed their link it seemed harmless with only purchasing the Starter Toolkit for a $1.95. Nothing printed about any other monies. Just look over the Starter Toolkit seemed fair. Then I called Customer Service at [protected] and spoke with a lady by the name of Haley, she did tell me I had 21 days to look over the information and if I didn't cancel then an automatic $39.95 a month would be charged to my bank account? I was so glad I called I just wanted to verify what I thought was a fair business. I requested cancellation and I asked for a Confirmation Number to which she said wasn't necessary then I asked her for her name; I let it ride but still felt in the pit of my stomach at odds.
Today I went online to my Bank and the $39.95 was taken out on Friday the 24th I called on the 21st the very day I entered online for the Starter Toolkit it certainly wasn't the 21st day nor obviously I was not cancelled.
I called the number that was found on my Banks site (reason I'm saying this is they have several numbers) they hung up on me 3 times each time I asked to speak to a Supervisor.
Then I called my Bank and guess what! They called them! I was soooo glad .. They didn't treat her like they treated me. I was given a Cancellation Confirmation Number and was told it would be 65days. I asked why so long and my Bank Lady said it can. Once Ebay Success System/NowEbay hung up she requested that if I had no refund on the 30th day call them!
Nothing burns me more than to get ripped off I'm disabled and suffer from Chronic Pain and live on fixed income I've been looking for something that could supplement myself and my Husband something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and have you working around the clock something HONEST!
So, now that I have vented a bit I'm off to find their address if there is one to report to the BBB!
Grrrrrrrrrrr

Resolved credit card fraud

Ebay Success charged my credit card twice, Once under ebay success once under bonuscraigs. I never heard of them and Never ordered anything from them. I called the toll free number that was on my bank records [protected] they refused to tell how they got my credit card information, I did get the town and state out of them after much trouble.

I cancelled my credit card and notified my bank of credit card fraud, I also filed a complaint with the Masillon Ohio police dept and with the FBI's internet fraud division.

Does anyone have a physical address or any more phone numbers on this bunch.

• Kn
    knis1 Jun 22, 2009

On June 6th, 2009 I authporized $1.95 to be removed from my account to purchase the ebay success CD DEBIT CARD PURCHASE AT EBAYWEB, 877-387-4244, CY ON 060209 but then they continued to take funds from me that were not authorized like this one on June 8th, 2009 DEBIT CARD PURCHASE AT EBAYWEB, 877-387-4244, CY ON 060509 for the amount of $39.95 then again on June 22nd for $12.95 PRE-AUTHORIZATION DEBIT AT EBAYWEB, 877-387-4244, ON 062209. I under no conditions agreed to any other funds being removed from my account other than the @1.95 on the 6th of June. I did finally get an answer on the phone today the 22nd to complain and to cancel anything else from Ebay ever and will return this stupid CD as well I don't know who I spoke with on the phonebut I couldn't understand half whathe said and I thought he was rude especially when I wanted that money refunded because all I wanted was the CD to see if it was something I wanted to do but not anymore.

callista Jul 09, 2009

Hello i just went though the same thing what the hell does trial basis mean the day i got it was the day i was charged cant get them on the phone or my $$$ back stay away from here nothing but a headache and haven't even reviewed this

Chuck Turner Jul 09, 2009

#File a complaint about them at www.FTC.gov

• Ka
    katybugg1 Jul 09, 2009

I have also just found some credit card charges from bonus craigs and another from ID shield! What the heck is going on???

• Jl
    jleistikow Jul 17, 2009

I had the same thing happen. I paid $1.95 for information on making money with Google and was signed up for ID Shield and apparently bonuscraigs. I canceled my subscription after learning how much it would actually cost for the service. I also called the numbers provided to cancel the additional named services and was assured that I would not be charged anything. This was obviously untrue as two charged in the amounts of $9.95 and $12.95 are now on my bank statement. I had to cancel my bank card to insure that no more charges would be taken from my account. I am so angry!!!

• Db
    dbnroctavia Jul 18, 2009

I just had my cc charged 12.95 from bonus craigs. What happen was I sighned up for info for a free fovernmebt grant kit and for shipping the program charges you $1.95 this was in june. July 18 I look at my bank statement and there are charges for 12.95 and for 39.95 for a membership to the program, but I had called and cancelled my membership the same day because I decided that I did not need the kit. So I called the lady (bridgette) At 1-877-402-2671. She knew that I cancelled because it said so in her records and also when I cancelled She was the same person I talked to. She did not want to refund me my money so I had to really tell her like look I cancelled my membership you have no right to charge my cc for those amounts. It took me an hour to get the lady to refund my cc but she did. Now she tells me when I go to hang up that my cc will be charged 9.95 cc fraud and security program that they have I told her you can not charge my cc for that program none of those charges are listed on the website and you do not have my permission to charge that amount she refused to refund the 9.95. I could not get this women to give me my 9.95 back but she did refund the 39.95 and 12.95.

• Dg
    dguilmette Jul 20, 2009

Here is their number...877-387-4279.

You have to be blunt and demanding, AND make sure you insist they cancel ALL their "programs" you may have accidently signed up for, or they will continue to bill you for them.

They have 3 programs, one for $49.95 and dove tailed in are 2 others, at $12.95 and $9.95.

Resolved fraud

I had ordered the CD and the next day found out it was a SCAM and called them and cancelled my membership. They said they had cancelled it, but I recieved a CD anyway and 39.95 has been taken from my account. I have called the CS line and waited up tp55 minutes without a answer just music . I will get in touch with Better Business Bureau in MO, and file charges agaist these frauds. Sharon Peelman

• Ke
    keith rhodes Jun 08, 2009

they charged my debit card $39.95 and i didn't authorizie any charges to my account

Resolved did't get refund from half.com

I purchased a book from half.com 4 months ago. Waited for 15 days didn't get the book so I claimed for a refund. Until now I received one email from half.com saying that they will contact the seller. I dont know if I ever will get my money back or even I will dont know how long it will take.

• In
    indaia Feb 15, 2011

I bought a book from half.com I never received the book and they took my money . I tried to contact them, sent severals e-mail, but did not reveived my refund back . Please do not order anything from them .they are big scamm

• Ne
    NewYorkgal Oct 16, 2011

It's a total GAMBLE purchasing from Half.com. They don't accept PayPal - which is fishy in and of itself, because they are a company sponsored by eBay - and yet eBay accepts PayPal!!

Another problem with Half.com is that their Buyer Protection Policy is sketchy! Their policy states that you can only file 3 claims EVER!! So -- what happens if you're a frequent buyer, and ya get screwed more than 3 times -- what, you just have to suck it up - and take the loss? Also -- customer service is practically nonexistent on that site!

Resolved unauthorized charges

Today is June 15, 2009

On June 1, 2009 my Credit Card has an unauthorized charges of $1.95 from the name called "EBAYWEB [protected]" this is the only name I got from my credit card company and this is also the name I used in my previous complaint because this is the only name my credit card company had on their record. I called the tel. # that they provided to my CC company and you will just hear a busy signal.

My credit card has been fraudulently charged from 3 different companies just days apart namely MWP "AKA" EBAYWEB [protected] for $1.95 "Ebay Success System" ; Earth Essence for $7.95 "Skin Renewal A Trial" ; and Advanced Wellness Research for $4.99 "Bright Teeth Whitening Kit". I did not order all of these products and I have my credit card with me. The CC fraud department notify us for a possible fraudulent charges to my CC. I have noticed that ALL these 3 companies has a similar business in terms of giving a customer a look like sample or just pay a small amount of money for shipping and then the next charges to your credit card or bank account will be charge for a large amount of money. I am just very fortunate that my credit card company caught all these fraudulent charges before my CC company paid the amount to them.

Today, June 15, 2009, finally, I received the product that I did not order from EBAYWEB [protected] "AKA" MWP. Their product is a CD called " Ebay Success System". Immediately, I called MWP telephone number [protected] @ 12:24 pm EST and after waiting for 20 minutes I gave up and hang up the phone. So, I called again @ 2:39 pm EST and after 19 minutes of waiting about 2:58 pm EST someone picked-up the phone and I told him about the product that I received from their company that I did not order. He transferred me to another customer rep. and waited for another 12 minutes for the customer rep to pick-up the phone. Again, I told her that I received their product that I did not order and also I told her that they gave to my credit card company a telephone number that is not working "[protected]", she said to me that they have plenty of tel.#. She wanted my telephone # and email address so that she can credit my account and I refused to give it to her and " I told her that why I will give you my telephone# and email address that I did not order your product". I told her that their company is fraudulently charged my credit card and I will not give it to her my tel. # & email address. So, I asked her back to give it to me the tel. # and email address that she has on their file and she refuses to give it to me. She said that in order for her to credit my account I need to give it to her my tel. # and email address and I told her again that I will not give it to her. "She has my name and address and I gave her the number on the label above my name, but again she said that it is their policy to give my tel. # & email address. I told her to "GOOGLE" Ebayweb [protected] or Ebay Success System to see plenty of complaint from other people.

• To
    tolije Jun 17, 2009

The exact same situation happened to me. It all started on 4 June 2009. With a fraudulent charge from realtystore.com. I had another from QAULITYHEALTH. The common thread here seems to be the Ebay Success System CD scam. I also received the CD and an attempt to charge me. I also started receiving phone calls from telemarketers the same day.
    Like you, I did not order any of these products. I had no interest in any of them and had never been to any of the websites.

I called and spoke with someone at the EBAYSS customer service to get a refund and make sure there would be no further bogus orders. She also tried to get additional information from me. I also refused and asked a series of my own questions. They claimed that I was online at mid-night on a Sat night and ordered their product. She was more than willing to prove it by supplying me with the IP address of the computer that I supposedly used to make this purchase. The interesting thing is that that IP address (209.104.216.5) is within the same network as the website server (209.104.216.28).
    There is definitely something very wrong going on here. I canceled my cards and changed my bank account today. I am not taking any more chances.

cargo Jun 23, 2009

look here http://www.eauctionsuccesssystem.com/members-area/#content
    they sell you a cd with the same thing you read on this site
    see also http://eauctionsuccessystem.com/step4.php for chargings
    they don<t sell nothing just take you the moneys

• Lo
    lotlizzard Jun 24, 2009

My story is similar to both of these so I wil not bore you with all of the details. After receiving the CD (which is as useless as a drink coaster) I noticed a disclaimer at the bottom of the web page where I ordered this piece of turd from. There is more fine print on there than on a new car leasing contract from Ford! I went ahead and called these idiots (which are in a 3rd world country by the way) and they told me that my "subscription" was cancelled at my request. Come to find out, one month later they tried to charge me $1.95 again. I went to Bank of America and they told me that they were very familiar with these people. Their scam is this...
    1.) They get you to commit to a small shipping and handling fee for some sort of 'too good to be true' internet work at home business.
    2.) After you submit your information to them via the web, they make the small debit/credit charge from your account in the amount of $1.95 assuring them that they now have access to your money.
    3.) After you receive your useless CD in the mail, you realize that it was a usless attempt on your behalf to get involved in something like this but you tell yourself, "yea, but it only cost me just shy of two bucks...oh well".
    4.) Now is when these idiots submit numerous charges from several of their shelf companies to make debits/charges to your crredit/debit card leading you on an endless goose chase calling the dead end numbers on your credit/debit card statement.

The best way to deal with this is to simply go into your bank or call your credit card company and tell them that you want to change your account information. It took me literally five minutes to take care of it. It's amazing how companies like this get away with ripping people off. I'm sure that's the reason for doing business from a another country. ###!

Resolved taking money for something I didn't order

my 89 yrs; old mother visithing from Hungary made a mistake not fully understud what she was doing
when i got the bank statement i asked her if she bought something
she said yes i'm getting a FREE info from E-Bay.

i called them told them what happened that we did not used the service.

They said they charging used it or not.

$39.95 plus $12.95 Total of $52.90
Im retired limited incom
I can not afford this kind of scam.

• Ro
    Roy Luevano Jul 03, 2009

The same thing happened to me, i just got my bank statement and there are two charges one for 1.20 and one for 39.95 which i did not agree too. You people should make it clearer on you adds about these extra charges. Now i know the secret to your success system, that is to rip people off. When ever anyone tell's you that something is free, and then charges you for shipping and handling, then IT IS NOT FREE. Roy Luevano

• Lo
    lovebeingamom Jul 06, 2009

The same thing happened to me also. I was charged $1.98, then 3 days later I was charged $39.95, and still haden't received the cd that they were talking about. I called to cancel, they wouldn't let me, and said that they can't refund any money because I didn't call in the 3 day trial period. I called on the 4th day of the trial period. Also I din't find any of the information useful, and when talking on the phone to them, if you can get through, they are rude, and don't help you. I am really frustrated with this, and am not working, so I can't be having them stealing money from me!!!

caraj Jul 16, 2009

I gave my cc# for the $1.95 shipping for a "free kit" only to be charged $40.95 a week later. First I called Ebay, who has no idea who this company is, then called the 800# on my bank statement. Was told by a rude young lady that there is a 3 day trial period to read the website then you will be charged $40 a month after that for a membership. I still have not received anything in the mail, nothing tangible suggesting this company exists. Please do not respond to emails for online jobs, or anyone claiming to be affiliated with Ebay. They are not.

• Rb
    R Brodzin Jul 23, 2009

i TOO WAS DECEIVED BY THIS COMPANY. CONTACT YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND FILE A FRAUD COMPLAINT AGAINST THEM. THAT'S WHAT I DID. THEIR CHARGES WERE NOT HONORED.

Resolved unauthorized withdrawal of funds from my account

I have two complaints.

1) the same one as all the other people have wrote about on this complaint board. I lost $100.83 due to theft from the seller's lounge aka eauctionlab.

2) how is it that this same company, using the same name, posting the same # is still getting away with ripping people off for over a year now. How do you expect people to do business on yahoo, google, ebay or anywhere on the internet when you allow a company that has so many complaints lodged against it to continue to "do business" on the web. How does that happen? It certainly says something about security on the internet. By not preventing something like this from happening you are losing millions of dollars. Honest people, who are not used to buying or selling on the internet will just go back to the old way of doing business, in line, in front of a cashier.

• Kb
    kbuntin May 31, 2009

Mr. Maiolo is correct in that eBay's seeming tolerance towards scammers on their website is costing their honest users a lot of money. I have thought many times of using eBay to buy or sell items but, I have heard and read of so many negative experiences that I have chosen that it's not worth the risk.

CLM Jun 11, 2009

The same thing has happened to me. I thought because it was for ebay that such a large organization would police the use of their name so poeple wouldn't be scammed. They don't!! I purchased the Ebay starter kit for under $3 from The Seller's Lounge and then lost almost $70 from an unauthorized charge by the AuctionMasters.net a UK company whose support email is now invalid. Ebay shoudl post a warning on their home page blinking / flashing and email all their customers about this scam and go to the national news to help curb internet scamming.

• Jn
    Jnichols Jun 30, 2009

how can i get this charged reversed, i did not sign up for anything?

CLM Jul 02, 2009

On your bank or credit card statement there should be a phone number with the charge. Call the number and tell them you only wanted the product (disk/software) that you purchased and do not want the service that they charged you extra for and to cancel it and refund your money. This worked for me.

fraud rip off

Danger, danger, beware of ebay success system on line job,, like google treasure chest, there are hidden fee...

Resolved ripped off

I ordered from a seller on Half.com. After 2 months and repeated emails to seller and ebay, I still had no dvds. I filed a claim and still nothing. I contacted BBB and received a note from them saying that they could not help me. The matter was 'beyond their scope.' When I finally was contacted by half.com, they said they credited me the full amount. This was a lie, they only returned 2/3 of the money to my credit card. I closed my ebay account and had late last year closed Pay Pal too. BBB really sucks too! They constantly side with both companies and these companies have high ratings with them. Stay away from any ebay/pay pal company unless you want to be ripped off!

• Ri
    Ripped Off Apr 21, 2009

I have just had the same experience with EBAY's half.com only I ordered a book, and was charged for it and never received it. I am having the hardest time trying to get help from the customer service. Maybe the whole company is just a big scam! I just assumed because it has EBAY's name associated with it that it was safe. I was wrong.

Resolved false advertising

I recently purchased what I thought was a Human Hair wig (not a Human Made wig, as some sellers advertise, which gives them room to say that it's not false advertising). I purchased it for $102.71 expecting to receive a Human Hair wig, and when I received my product in the mail, it was most DEFINITELY a synthetic wig. Having worked as a wig maker for multiple Broadway shows in NYC and worldwide, I can IMMEDIATELY tell the difference between synthetic and Human hair (besides the fact that you can perform a burn test). The seller only had approximately 30 new comments, and they were all positive. ( I assume it is a form of money laundering...selling products to yourself to gain positive comments). When I went to leave negative feedback and request a refund, I found that they were no longer a registered user. What a SCAM! I found their e-mail on my payment details on Paypal and attempted to contact them. No response, of course, so I filed a request for a refund from Paypal. We'll see how it goes from here.

Resolved unfair suspension

I've been on ebay as a business power seller registered for taxes etc all legal for 7 years, I've had an outstanding 100% almost 10k feedback until recently, when i had a new to ebay ebayer, buy 2 items from me they leave neutral feedbacks for almost everything they buy even if item is ok. Obviously does not understand the feedback system.
Along with this, over the last 2 months my teenage daughter has been ill, so I've had to go back and forth to doctors and look after her more, so my sales went down for the first time in 7 years. I've now been suspended for a month and in the email from ebay it says If i do not improve in the next month i could be indefinetly suspended, but if i am banned from selling for a month how can i improve?
Surely this is unfair dismissal. When they changed the feedback system which is totally unfair being unable to leave any non payers a negative, I went back to college to re skill I'm doing my exams the end of April, then hopefully I can move on get another job, Ebay has just gone down hill over the last year. They need to remember who pays the fees and without sellers there's no sales no fees.

• muphrie Apr 11, 2010

If the buyer had less feedback and left you neutral feedback, you can ask for it to be removed to eBay by mentioning upfront that you are writing in for feedback removal. When you do this, this becomes a Trust and safety (T&S) issue and the customer support cannot answer it by copy pasting an answer. It may take time to receive a reply if you do not go through the right channel. Also, if the buyer has communicated with you via eBay or email, you can also mention this and if there is a little sign of satisfaction from the buyer, the T&S can see this and remove the feedback. Please understand, even though the feedback is neutral, it is still counted as negative. So either you'll receive a positive feedback or negative feedback. There is no such thing as neutral feedback. I would have attached a web page for direst feedback removal channel, but it would ask you to sign in first and that is not safe. So I would like you to browse help cause all the answers the customer support gives are in Help files. The only help customer support gives is by forwarding your email to the right department which takes action.

Resolved ebay success kit

So, I'm obviously not the only person who's been ripped off by whoever's behind the so-called...

Resolved excessive fees

This situation still has me heated! I sold a gift card on Ebay back in December. I received it for Christmas but I was facing eviction when I could not pay the rent ( I was short actually)! The face value was $500.00. I received alot of bids but the deadline was coming to pay the rent w/o any late fees so I settled on 350.00. I have always sold items on Ebay but at the present I hadn't withn a year. Well, while I was away from the site for about a year, a new policy went into effect w/o my knowledge. Now, no matter what you sell, you MUST send the item to the buyer and upon their approval or up to 21 days, you'd get your money released from paypal, if you paid that way. First off I would NEVER send an item that expensive w/o payment and I did not have 21 days to wait so I canceled the transaction, refunded the money and emailed the person explaining how I was unfamiliar of the new policy. After several emails later, I had filed a complaint and asked for a refund of fees. Well, the buyer denied it and until this day I owe for a final value fee, or something like that. They give the buyer that option wheather to accept or deny the request. It isn't the buyers money so why would this person deny me? I did receive an email from the buyer complaining that if he accepted to cancel the sale I could relist and sell for a higher price. Maybe I could but I had no time besides I ended the listing early so why would I want to do that. I researched the "new policy" and it suppsoedly is for high risk categories (which they don't state) and had I known I would not have listed it. This person almost had me evicted. Can you imagine if I had sent the card even by registered mail, etc. that they could easily say they did not receive it and they know good damn and well they used it? There were alot of instances on Ebay where that has happened so I was not going to be a victim. Be ware! How can this be legal, sending an item w/o being paid first? Stupido!!!
Fafaculo to Ebay!

• Ba
    bamargeracom Aug 06, 2009

Ebay and Paypal are known for stealing money and hijacking accounts for long periods of time. I sold a 100lb Pot Belly stove, and they held the funds until the item was confirmed delivered. I called paypal and asked them how I was supposed to send the stove without the $150 in shipping charges that they were also holding. They told me to contact the buyer and explain the situation to them and ask them to leave positive feedback asap to release the funds. I did so, and the buyer told me they no longer wanted the stove and that they thought I was a scam. They left feedback stating "SCAM-asks for positive feedback before you receive item"
    This was my first feedback. Paypal really screwed me-first I lost a sale, and a customer, and tons of potential buyers as this was the first and only feedback I had, and ebay refused to remove it.
    Ebay and Paypal are also widely known for having a monopoly where they do anything they can to discourage sellers who choose to use anything but Paypal in an effort to force them to use Paypal to accept payments so they make more money. This is a well known scam and monopoly.
    Sell on Amazon and avoid ebay and Paypal at all costs!!

• Va
    Vasyagup May 09, 2011

Yes, it's a scam, and I am not sure why it is even legal. A while back you could use other payment options, like USPS Money Orders or even Personal Checks. Not anymore! You sell an item for $50 bucks and charge the buyer $5 for S&H, and you need to pay to post any additional (after the first) photos, and for anything to make it look nice and appealing. That will cost you a buck or two. Then if it sells the ebay charges you 9% of the final fee PLUS 9% of the shipping, so if the total $55.00 you will be charged like 5.00 by Ebay's final fees. Then you have not choice and receive the payment via Paypal - MiINUS another $5.00. Then you buy a shipping material for another $2, $3 or $4 - depending on the stuff you sold. And then to ship the cheapest way you might end up paying a whopping $10 or more (I recently send some stuff using the regular mail that weigh just a hair over 1 lb, they charged me $11.20!!!). Well, let's say you are charged just 6 for the shipping. So, in the end you get what? 55-2-5-5-2-6=$35!!! I personally think this monopoly is just a blatant way to overcharge regular folks who's trying to make a little profit. And now they've come up with BILL ME Later - new name, but in fact it sounds like just another arm of this greedy monster - Yeah! Let's make money on percentages and late fees as well! The circus would be complete if they also had their own Delivery Service and would prohibit people use USPS or UPS.

John123456FL Aug 29, 2012

I am so annoyed with Ebay and Pay Pal. I wish there was a better website with the same amount of traffic. I am so bitter at them!

Resolved suspended my account for no reason

eBay suspended my account for no reason. When I sent the email for reopen, nobody helped me at all. Right now for more than half year, I contacted them again. They told me they will not read my email again. What kind of company is this? I told them if possible, I want to talk with their supervisor. They told me they will not read my email any more.

I can not understand the customer service for them at all.

SarahMarie Mar 01, 2009

make a new account with new email! its easy i did!

• Br
    Bruised09 Mar 04, 2009

Have you considered that no human ever saw or responded to your email? My friends and I concluded a few years ago that eBay must use an AI engine for communications and responses to arbitration. Even employees rejected as too dumb by fast food joints would provide answers that make more sense that people often get from eBay!

The more word data you input to an Plain language AI engine the less likely the engine can handle it or provide a response that makes sense.

Just do as scam sellers do. Sign back up under a different name. If you want to use Paypal, just get permission from your kid or your kid sibline and use their name for registration. Works for scammers.

JohnChin Aug 16, 2009

There is a forum I found on the internet that is free, and helps with Ebay, PayPal, business and the law. Just post any question, the experts will answer it if it has not already been answered!

The forum has a lot of expert advice on it. http://www.modeeworld.com/forums I found advice there about how to avoid EBAY suspensions, get past PayPal limitations, also lots of detailed help on creating your own business, getting past trademark violations, VERO and lots more. Plus general advice on how best to sell on EBAY, what sells the best, how to get the best price for your product, really everything related to EBAY and internet business.

Also advice about how EBAY really works and how PayPal really works. The inside scoop.

Beautiful forum. I was made a moderator of the forum and I love it!

JohnChin Aug 16, 2009

I found the above text on the internet and repost it here.

Joseph Spencer Aug 28, 2016

I pretty much gave up all hope that eBay would reinstate me. It has been nearly 6 months since I got a response from them.

Instead of them wasting my time, I went ahead and contacted Auction Essistance to help me get back on. So far so good, but who knows the BS eBay will pull next.

• Em
    Emma Bryant Feb 04, 2017

eBay also suspended my account too with no reason behind it. They refuse to reinstate my account after several emails. Absolutely ridiculous.

Had to use these people to help me get back on: www.auctionessistance.com/shop

Joseph Spencer Apr 29, 2017

Till this day, no response from eBay. Absolutely disgusting that they do this to sellers. Give sellers no hope of making money with them. They just charge you up the wazoo in fees and then they kick you off when they please. Mother, mother may I have some more with pickles and cheese? I change it up like Walter Reese in dis bish. Through it up and flip it down, like a hamburger made on the b low downtown. Got to rip it up and rip it good, does eBay give a hoot? Why would they would when they can take your money and give you the boot.

Don't waste your time, just ended buying more accounts here: www.auctionessistance.com/shop

we don't need this anymore

I ordered the ebay success system on may 10, 2009 for $1. 95 shipping to try at home risk - free for 7 days. I received the kit on friday, may 22, 2009. I was told i would receive it in 1to 5 business days. I received it in 10 business days. The $1. 95 went through my credit card on may 12, 2009. Five days later on may 17, 2009, before they shipped me the kit for my 7 days risk - free trial a charge for $39. 95 went through my credit card. I was charged before they shipped my 7 day risk free kit. The customer service number listed on my credit card statement [protected] has been busy for four days, night and day. I gave up after four days. The customer service number listed online is answered by a recording and tells you to hold for the next available agent, but no one ever answer. I called the number several times and waited for 20 to 25 minutes each time. It's a big big scam. Please do not give these people your credit card information. Patricia edwards, west palm beach, fl.

• Eb
    eBaySuccess Mar 09, 2009

• Sc
    scg Jun 17, 2009

The Ebay Success Team is a huge scam. The shipping and handling fee for $1.97 is to test your credit card to see if it is a valid number. When you agree to their terms by checking the accept button, hidden in their agreement is the ability to charge you $39.95 per month to be able to access their website. Then they charge you another $9.95 for a one-time charge to join the Ebay Success Team. You will then get another charge for $12.98 which is suppose to be for some QuickList they will tell you that you agreed to purchase. If you don't stop you credit card at this point it will start over again the next month. When I finally talked with the customer service person - who I am sure was in India - he stated that he did not know anything about the companies charging on my credit card. They were using the names: Ebaymen, Online Services and EbayWeb to charge on my account. Leurn stated that he did not know or recognize any of the toll free numbers associated with each name and that he as not associated with any of those names - that was until I called the fourth name andwouldn't you know it - old Leurn answered the phone. I told him I was amazed that he did not recognize his own company's name since he answered their phone. At this point I ask Leurn if this call was being taped and he said it was; I said good because I wanted everyone to know that if I ever find him that he would not have to worry about fathering any children. At this point I received a dialtone. I hate crooks and these people are on the top of my list. Do not do any business with them.SCG, MS.

• Mo
    Moo Goo Gai pan Jun 18, 2009

Wow this is absolutely DISGUSTING!!! I am NOT surprised to say the least! I had that email sent to me so I also can make millions on ebay staying at home (I like a million people out there HATE MY **#@!! JOB!) and I was interested in this great opportunity that seemed too good to be true! well I figured BEFORE I go and order this great offer, let me google EBAY STARTER KIT and the word SCAM, and sure enough all of these complaints are all across the board!! THANK GOD for all of you people out there that made complaints you have saved me here from ordering that trial kit! I also was scammed a few months ago by a teeth whitening kit I was going to get as a TRIAL period as long as I paid shipping and handling only! well It was supposed to be a trial kit for 10 days after I paid for the S&H..WELL, I paid the s&H fees, and received the whitening kit in the mail 20 days after they promised, and that very same day $74.99 was deducted from my bank account and I had checks bouncing on me! I was LIVID!!! I cried on the phone, begged them to please re imburse me and they would not "Fine print" said to end the trial period and we wont bill you! THE problem here is I NEVER received that stupid whitening kit until 20 day slater and that same day they are taking $74.99 from me!!? Then I discover they have the right to take that amount from me every MONTH!!! Well I went to my bank, told them what was going on, they closed out that card, issued me another one, my bank refunded me that moent and went after the SLIME company that did this to me!I WILL never again try any thing like that with out first GOOGLE it and hit the word SCAM! I WAS leary of this ebay making millions one, but out of morbid curiosity read it. Then I google it and the word scam as I said, and these complaints came up!!!THANK YOU ALL OF YOU BLESS YOU!!! ANd if it seems too good to be true, it is because IT IS...By the way the teeth whitening kit ad was on the INTERNET!!! JUST LIKE this one you have complained about..Be careful every one and GOD BLESS! Remember, there are other ways to be rich, and I am sure you are all in other ways Rich with things in your life that do not hild monetary value!!! But still I do I know, money does help :)
    JUST be careful and always GOOGLE any thing you aren sure of that you need info on BEFORE going through with it..YOU can even google people!!! pUT A PERSONS NAME into google and you can some times pull up legal public information on them!!!

• Li
    LINDA SIMPSON Jul 22, 2009

the same thing happened to me about the ebaymen. i didnt enen know i accepted anything. i got charged the 1.97, then the 39.95, then 12.95, then 9.95. my bank says there is nothing i can do because i did'nt cancel! how do you cancel something that you did'nt know you agreed to in the first place. it must be very well hidden. BEWARE OF THESE SCAM ARTISTS!!! my bank which is CHASE BANK won't even stand behind me on this ! i feel that these people are stealing our money and the bank is allowing them to do it!!!

• Ge
    Geneva615 Sep 11, 2009

I am looking to start selling on ebay therefore Ive been checking drop ships etc.Trying to find the best way to start. Last night I received a phone call from a very saavy sounding guy from a co. called ebay success team I had found by happenstance yesterday, filled out the form anxiously waiting for the half hour call so they could answer any questions I had. No questions were answered on my part anyway.He wanted to know our income, etc.etc. He told me to go online to watch a video and his boss will call me tonight after they see if I meet the criteria to be accepted by them. No $ was disscussed yet.Sounded exciting. But this morn when I woke up & drank the coffee it woke up the brain cells too.I tried finding their buisness on line and found you folks. Oh happy day! Thanks to all that as given testomonials about these jerks and confirming my doubts. I am so sorry about you that lost money Im sure thats what is coming out of tonights call. They will get a little surprise!!! I have learned other things now too from yall.I havent started making my millions yet but now have more knowelege in which one way is wealth. Thanks to everyone and glad that as a whole we can make a difference in some ways. There will always be scammers out there but we wont succumb. God Bless and good luck to all who are still trying to make $, honestly. Geneva Green, Texas

Resolved suspension

So they decided to kick me off ebay for good. Get this, after doing some online research- that 30 day suspension is actually a complete ban. Yet they don't say it. Oh, and it says to resolve outstanding complaints before you "try again" if you want to get back on, but as said already, it doesn't mean what it says since they don't respond to emails on how you go about "resolving" those complaints. Which by the way, there are no more complaints to resolve -- this is a result of a few negative feedbacks -- even though my total positive feedback is 2000+ and my percentage is 99% with DSR ratings all nearly an exact 5/5. After 5 years of service this is how they treat you. In the past, they've scammed me by letting the buyer win a dispute (paypal) -- who then stole the item AND got his money back. Paypal is owned by Ebay-- keep that in mind. Also, they screwed me over a third time on all this - as they now have -$35 balance they OWE me. Does it look like I'll get those back? ... I bet it if it was the other way around, I'd have collections agencies after me by now. Indeed I will look into how to get that money returned since they leave me no option. This complaint is not intended to revert buyers away from ebay, but to prepare you to NOT to try getting back on when they shove you off. Literally, they don't care about you. At least not until they start heading in the downward slope. Until then, there is Amazon for me. Cheers

• Ba
    bamargeracom Aug 07, 2009

I signed up to ebay about a month ago, and was subject to and experienced the Ebay/Paypal Monopoly first hand. I did not want to use Paypal to accept payments as I already have my own merchant account with First Data and they are half the price of Paypal. When listing my first item, I scrolled to the part where it asked how I would like to be paid. I un-checked Paypal, and checked credit card. On the next screen it said that in order to accept credit cards I had to fax a copy of my merchant account invoice to them to prove to them that I can support this method of payment. I faxed them the necessary documents, and the games began. 2 days went by and no message from them about what was going on. Then I called them and was asked why I did not want to use paypal, and that it is the preferred payment of ebay. I explained to them my situation, and they said they would look into the situation, and they would get back to my via email. I waited another 2 days, and nothing. I called them again, and they brought me to the listing page, and they walked me through and told me to click Paypal for payments accepted, and I told them I did not want to accept Paypal, and they were dumbfounded and did not know what to do. They knew nothing about how to integrate my merchant account. They told me I have to wait for T&S to contact me. The next morning I called them again, and was once again told to just use Paypal and recieved a pitch on how they were safe and secure. I asked to speak to a manager, and they told me the manager was not available. I then called again and they finally got to the bottom of things. I listed a couple of items, and after the first one ended, the buyer told me there was no way for him to pay. I called ebay again and they told me there was a "Pay Now" button in the email that was automatically sent to them after the auction ended. The buyer told me there was nothing there. I got this same response from every winning bidder that day. I called ebay and they once again told me that I should accept Paypal for payments until they get the situation fixed. I told them I would not pay for the listing fees so far and they told me I have to pay them, and that it is like listing an ad in the paper and the listing fees are non-refundable. The next day they told me that they fixed the problem, and then I listed a couple items, and everything seemed to be good, until the first auction was down to the last minute. The account was blocked by Paypal, and I was informed that they needed more information on my Paypal account in order for the account suspension to be lifted. I called ebay and they told me the block was from Paypal. I called Paypal and they asked for my SS# and receipts for the items I was selling. I told them I never opened a Paypal account, and they told me regardless, they would still need the information in order to lift the suspension, and until then, the account would remain blocked. I called Ebay and they told me there was in fact a Paypal account linked to my ebay account and that there was nothing they could do. Now, I NEVER opened a Paypal account nor did I link it to my ebay account. To me, this is yet another shady desperate attempt by Ebay to force new members that do not know any better to use Paypal to accept Paypal so they can make money from every angle. When I call them and tell them this whole scenario, they ask me if there is anything they can help me with, otherwise the phone call will be disconnected. They no longer respond to my email regarding this and they told me that if I keep contacting them through ebay live chat that they would bring up charges for Harassment. What a way to run a company. I also notice that when you post ANY negative comments about ebay that are valid in the ebay forums, the comments are removed and you are banned from posting in their forums. They are trying to cover up anything negative about their company, but truth be told..., check out Ebay and Paypal on the Better Business Bureau and see all the complaints they have since January. There are well over 10, 000 of them. Ebay soon will be a thing of the past and they will continue to lose thousands of members a week to Amazon, just like me.

• Sc
    screwedbyEbay Feb 12, 2011

I was suddenly suspended on eBay because they said that my seller standards were not up to their par. This was something new that they implemented about a year ago. I believe that this is their way if getting rid of their small sellers because the IRS is now involved.

Ebay has no regard for the sellers and I think that it is ridiculous that the buyers can leave negative feedback but the sellers cannot. Some of the buyers are very anal and do not read descriptions before bidding on items. Some buyers also expect something major for very low cost. When they get what they paid for, they ccomplain.
    I truly hate eBay and I'm so happy that they have some competition. Eventually I hope that eBay goes out of business!

• Th
    thatandthis7241 Jun 26, 2011

eBay is totally an all around scam these days. They are totally out for the buyers & will not back their sellers. If it wasn't for the sellers there wouldn't be an eBay. I think they have forgot that. First off I am fed up with deadbeats that want something for nothing & eBay will side with them every time. Secondly back in Feb. my account was hijacked & the person who did this deleted all my listings in my store. eBay promised to credit my account the $60 dollars so I could relist it. I went ahead & listed the items before the credit & now they won't give me my credit. I have called numerous times, like 3 or 4 times & promised a credit every time but they say it takes 24 hours for it to show so by the time I hang up of course I never see it. Finally I was tired of all the lying & decided not to pay the amount that I was owed & they suspended my account for non-payment. Non-payment of what I was owed is pretty bad for suspension. Well this has shown me h0w big a scam eBay really is & now I have quit selling on eBay. Beware to all those who are thinking of selling on eBay...you better find you a different site to sell your merchandise unless you are willing to give it away to deadbeats & the eBay company. Not only your goods but your money too!

Resolved warning! new crime schemes on ebay!

Con Artists are breaking into ebay accounts by stealing passwords and listing hundreds of phony items in them every day!
According to FBI / IC3 reports on the latest auction fraud schemes, the culprits are usually in cyber cafes, half a world away.

They love to lure shoppers with ridiculously low prices. When you read the listings, however, they always request you write them privately to discuss a "buy-it-now" price (this is an obvious sign of a western union con). There is never a real "buy-it-now" ebay button to purchase the item in the listing.

Often, once you write them privately, you'll receive a phony "buy-it-now" EMAIL LINK that takes you to their own scam webserver. If you click on it, they will try to collect passwords, account info, etc. and rob you. At the very least, they will keep your passwords to hijack your ebay account and fill it with phony auctions.

After emailing a scammer, I received half a dozen phony emails like this: "You've just sent a payment to (blah blah) Click here to cancel the transaction." or "You've received an UNPAID ITEM STRIKE for (some weird item)" and last but not least: "Buyer Complaint: You never shipped (another weird item) I'm reporting you to the local police! " (Clicking on Item No. sends you to scam website). There was even a phony link to report the mail to ebay security!

I changed the email address in my ebay account, so that any fraud ebay mail came to the wrong address. When you are using paypal and ebay frequently, it's dangerous to be opening mail that looks authentic, trying to convince you that you've sent payments to weird people for weird things!
Forward any suspicious ebay mail to [protected]@ebay.com!

The bottom line on scams...If a seller seems to be begging you to email privately, it is probably a stolen account. Scammers have to request western unions in private emails, because ebay blocks it in listings. Using ebay's "Ask Seller a Question" link also alerts the real account owner to fraudulant activity.

How to protect your passwords & accounts:

If you get an email or pop-up message that asks for personal or financial information, do not reply. And don’t click on the link in the message, either. Use anti-virus software and a firewall, and keep them up to date. Check for an "https" website before typing in ebay & paypal passwords. (the s is for "secure") Go to the security options in your web browser and have it alert you when entering an unsecure site. Make a habit of manually typing in the ebay & paypal addresses, never use a link. Don’t email personal or financial information. Email is not a secure method of transmitting personal information. Be cautious about opening any attachment or downloading any files from emails you receive. Never email a scammer, they may keep your address to send phony password stealing links!

What to watch for:

Watch out for private e-mail request in auctions (a scammer doesn't want you to use "ask seller a question" link -it's not their account), private auctions, (hides bidders so we can't warn them), broken english, item location not matching seller's location (to avoid local pick ups), a "buy now" offer is mentioned, but no ebay buy-it-now button (this is a lure to a western union request), item listed in wrong category (scammers try to "hide" from scam warnings), and 1 or 2 day auctions for expensive item (quick sale before discovered by the account owner). Please arm yourself with information against cyber crime...read my guide "Scams! Phony Auction Alert! and search ebay guides for other Scam Warnings! This "e thru z" list warning is condensed in order to reach people shopping for the items listed below!)

Here is one day's greedy collection of current SCAM AUCTIONS: (e thru z)
Be careful if you are shopping for any of these items!

E-Blade 2 AutoCocker Brand New
Honda Generator H1000, 10, 000 Watt
Honda pwd 5000 watt generator 9hp
Honda Powered Emergency Standby Backup Generator
HONDA RANCHER 350 4X4
Hot tub spa jacuzzi tubs spas whirlpool hottubs garden
HP Compaq Tablet PC tc4200
INOGEN ONE PORTABLE OR STATIONARY OXYGEN CONCENTRATOR
Inspirion XPS Gen 2 Laptop
Intel Core Duo Windows XP
IPC 1027 Vacuum Tube Theater Amplifier Western Electric
italian violin by Guiseppe Soldi, Genova, 1919.
Jacuzzi Premium Spa Hot Tub Loaded with Features
Kodak DCS Pro 14n + Lens + Flash Full Set
Kona Stinky - 2006
Kona Stinky Coiler Primo King Kikapu
Korg Triton Extreme 88 Key Workstation Brand New
KRANK DIMEBAG KRANKENSTEIN AMP AMPLIFIER HEAD LIKE NEW!
Krell KAV 300i Integrated Amplifier
Magellan RoadMate 760 Portable GPS Vehicle Navigation
MAMIYA 645 AFD KIT W/ LEAF PRODIGITAL 17WI DIGITAL BACK
marantz model 7 pre-amp model 8 amplifier
Margarita Slush Machine
Marine Generator- 8.5 Westerbeke BTG gasoline.
MARSHALL AMPLIFIER 1973, 100 WATT MKII SUPER LEAD
Nuendo/Steinberg Channel Converter System
One of a kind DM6, no other like it in the world
ONE PAIR OF LINN LK240 POWER AMPLIFIERS
OQO Model 1
Orange mojo freeride downhill mountain bike
Orbea ORDU 54cm full carbon Time Trial bike.
Original McIntosh MC275 stereo tube amplifier
Pioneer Avic N1, Avic N2, Avic N3
Pioneer Avic X1 Car DVD/ GPS Navigation n1
Pioneer Avic X1, AVIC-X1BT, AVIC-HD1BT
Pioneer AVIC-D2 In-Dash
PIONEER AVIC-N1, AVIC N-2, AVIC N-3 AVIC-Z1, CD Player, INNO PORTABLE XM SATELLITE RADIO
2X Pioneer CDJ-1000 CDJ1000 MK2 DJ CD Player
2xPIONEER CDJ 1000 Mk2 & PIONEER DJ 909 Mixer
Pioneer DJ System
PIONEER DVD Touch Screen, AVH-P7500 AVIC-N1AVIC N-2AVIC N-3 AVIC-X1BT, AVIC-HD1BT
PIONEER PDP-614MX PLASMA HD TELEVISION; PDP614MX CDJ
prismatic 10x65 Z-series Sniper Rifle Scope ATN
Proceed/Mark Levinson HPA2 Amplifier
Proto 2006 Matrix PM6 Marker
PVS-14 ITT NIGHT VISION MONOCULAR WITH GAIN CONTROL
Quad II Two tube Power Amplifiers, Mono Pair, Excellent!
RACECOACH CUSTOM TRAILER
Ranger 18 1/2ft. Bass Sport Boat W/Extras Mercury 225 Optimax R71 Bass Fishing Boat
Raymarine A65 GPS E120
RCA 52 HDTV hd52w59 clear as lcd and plasma
Roland Fantom X8 88, Jupiter 6 JP6 JP-6 Vintage Analog Synthesizer rs-5 64 Voice
Roland Fantom X8 Keyboard 88 Keys
Roland PC-600 PC-60 SP-300 SC-500 Printer, Cutter, Ploter
Roland Soljet SC-500 Printer/Cutter
ROLAND V DRUM ELECTRONIC DRUM SET W TD-8 MODULE
Roland V-Pro Electronic Drum Set(TD20)
Roland VS 2480 Digital Workstation MV-8000 VS 2000
SKEETER ZX20 SALTWATER BAY BOAT, BASS
Sonus Faber Cremona Speakers in Maple
Sony - DSC-M2 Cybershot Digital Camera
SONY AIBO ERS-7 Entertainment Robot
Sony AIBO ERS-7M3 BVP-90 3CCD Broadcast Camera DMX R100 Digital Audio Mixing Console Mixer
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1
Sony DMX R100 Digital Audio Mixing Console Mixer
Sony DSR-500WS DVCAM Professional Video Camcorder+Lens!
Sony Ericsson W900, W900i, W800, P990, K800, K750
Toyota Supra 1997 Toyota Supra Turbo
Trek SL Brand New Project One 2006 5000 TCT ROAD BIKE
Trimble Geodimeter Robotic Total Station
Troy-Bilt Big Red Tiller Briggs Electric
Tube sound with solid state power
Tube type Amp From The 1960's
TUNTURI T90 TREADMILL
Unique, high-end stereo
Used Drager Uwatec Dophin Semi Closed Rebreather
Vertu Ascent Brown Leather Phone
very fine old Cello "Viola, Violin"
VHT PITTBULL Amplifier Super 30 1-12 Tube Combo Amp LE
Zeiss Victory FL Binoculars
Zeta Jazz Fusion Electric Violin

A Prayer for your Protection:
Psalm 17:7: Lord...Your love is wonderful,
By your power you save those who trust you
from their enemies.
Protect me as you would protect your own eye.
Hide me under the shadow of your wings.
Keep me from the wicked who attack me...

• Pa
    Patricia Scheibe May 13, 2007

My 70-year old husband has been hospitalized 3 times since November. I had ordered the E-Bay CD to learn how to utilize the website in October. I never received the CD but have been billed monthly since October the sums of $9.95 and $49.95. I have just had a chance to catch up on my bills and reviewed them carefully. I called the 866 number and made sure it was cancelled. I was informed that I accepted the contract by clicking an I accept block, but at this time I don't remember it. I thought E-bay was E-bay and didn't realize it was a scam. I accept that it is my fault to a degree for not watching the billing but sure could use a refund of all the charges since last year to go towards my husband's medical bills and medicines. I was given a corporate office phone number to contact on Monday to see about a refund. I will do that on 5/14/2007. Thank you.

C-Luv390 Jan 05, 2010

Wow! Thanks 4 the Info!!!

• Ra
    Racy2U Jul 20, 2017

EBay is rife with fraudulent listings, to date I have discovered at least 6 new ones every day in the Generator category as well as White goods..
    It goes like this.
    The generator (or fridge) "brand new" is listed at roughly $1000 less than the same item from a reputable seller, with free postage, the listing description has been plagiarized from a reputable seller. The seller has never sold anything before & suddenly has got a brand new unused generator for sale with a convincing description.
    The Ebay a/c has either been hacked or created legitimately & does have a "pay now" button.
    I believe this is a fake or stolen credit card laundering scam, if you "buy now" & are lucky you might get the goods as the seller will use a fake or stolen credit card to buy from a reputable seller & send the goods, or not!
    The loser is the Reputable seller.

• Ge
    Gene Hampton Dec 25, 2017

I was ripped off with foney Ebay site,
    selling a 1999 case MX100C Farm tractor for 14, 200.00
    Buyers beware
    this happened on 12/11/2017
    recovering any money ever NOT

Resolved charging me 29.95 a month and I can't get them to stop

order ebay kit for 1.00 they didn't say there would be a 29.95 mongthly charge. Now I can't get the charges to stop and can't get any one to answer the phone. Just get a recording.

Resolved never recieved business packet

I was contacted by a customer service representative named Samuel and I purchased an Ebay Affiliate from them on 1/13/09. I was then connected to Tucson Redd who is suppose to be an senior account executive at [protected].

I never recieved my business packet. It has been almost a month and I have left seven messages with no responses. I have been calling to get a refund, but no one ever answers the phone.

These people are a fraud and someone needs to figuere out who they are!!!

• De
    Dejionae Feb 10, 2009

Well i dont know about you but im making great money ! thats terrible that you all are going through that give it some time you did agree to work the bussiness!!...

• Il
    Ill Never Complain Jan 12, 2010

Mr Redd is a convicted felon, you can google him and see a copy of an appeal for a parole violation for embezzlement and suspected drug use.

Resolved online scam

I had sold on Ebay and Half.com for years before they closed my account. They initially told me it would be 90 days before my funds would be released. (They are currently holding over $25, 000 of my money). I was not happy about it, but there was nothing that I could do but wait.

Well, 90 days passed and they said that all I needed to do was send in a copy of my driver's license and proof of address to prove my identity and they would release the funds. I did this and they claimed they would deposit the money into my bank account within 7 business days. I waited . . . again and as you may have guessed, I received NOTHING.

I wrote back to them and they claimed they tried to deposit the money but were unsuccessful. This is a lie because first of all, they have been depositing money into my account for years without any problems and second, my bank said that no such deposit was attempted. I wrote them back, yet again, and they now said that I have to wait 4 to 6 weeks to receive a check!

When I ask them why it will take 4 to 6 weeks when first class mail only takes about a week, they just keep saying that I have to wait 4 to 6 weeks. Their history of unreliability has caused me great concern. I am sure that when the 6 weeks has come and gone, I will not have received a check from them. If I do, I will be greatly surprised, as I am not the only one that they have given the run around to.