Having problems with eBay?

2211 North First Street
Fri8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

suspension and doesn't make sellers complete transactions

These complaints have happened in 2009 and 2010. Around July of 2009 I had 5 good feedback but now that is all gone because of Ebay/Pay Pal and the actor Joe Penny. First of all my Ebay account was suspended because someone from Ebay got into my account and purchased a stupid looking lap top without my permission. When I received the lap top I immediately returned it. It was nothing but a piece of junk. Then, I made a complaint to Ebay and Pay Pal because this piece of junk was charged to my bank account. Of course, As usual they did nothing to assist me. So I made a dispute to my bank then all of a sudden my account was suspended. Get this they wanted social security numbers, my bank statements, my rent receipts, where I worked, and everything but of course I wasn't stupid enough to give it to them. Then, I opened another account well Joe Penny the actor from Rip Tide and Jake and the Fatman has an auction which is JoePenny86studentbodyright. He is shill bidding which is having other people bid on his items to make the bidding go up. Well, anyways when I reported him Ebay and Pay pal would do nothing about him. Why? He is an actor and is rich, Of course! Anyways, Joe Penny has broken a number of contracts but is his account suspended. No, it's not! I left negative feedback for Joe Penny because he had my account suspended plus he cheated me out of money, pictures, c.d., and a jacket. Ebay says that it's a legal contract between two people however that is not quite true. They only make the poor people go by the rules and the rich get to do whatever they want to. I've even had to take Joe Penny to court in which he tried to counter sue me. Imagine that! Of course he didn't win and of course I didn't because he lied to the judge and the judge lapped it up as usual! So, now I am out of over $200.00 for pictures, c.d., jacket that I never received and Joe Penny, Pay Pal, and Ebay still has my money and refuses to give it back to me. I am going to take Pay Pal and Ebay to court over everything that I am out. If anyone would like to have their complaints entered into the court that I am filing for proof that Ebay and Pay Pal is doing nothing but scamming people then you can contact me at [protected]@yahoo.com.

• Mw
    mwebber473 Jun 07, 2010

eBay has grown to so big that it no longer cares about those that were taken advantage by another seller or buyer. If I were you I would consider migrating some of your products to www.mvptraders.com which offer free listings and see how things go from there.

Hope this helps.

ebay stole money from my bank account

2 months ago I sold an item but according to the buyer the package was damaged and the item lost in transit.
A dispute was raised and Ebay found that neither buyer nor seller where at fault so the buyer was refunded under the buyer protection policy and I was assured no money would be taken from me.
However 2 days later Ebay took the money directly out of my bank account using my card that was on file.
This is nothing short of theft!!
They also deleted the emails and responses that had previously been in the disputes file to cover their tracks, this is nothing short of fraud!!
they will not answer my emails and disconnect live chat and hang up the phone
Ebay are the worst scammers and thieves I have ever come across, they should be banned from the internet

I represented scott as a seller

I am a private party who makes a small but useful amount of income on eBay, selling things for other people and for myself, etc. In 2006 or 20086, I had posted an ad on Craigslist advertsiing that I would sell thins for people; Scott Hawkins was one fo the respondents. He semeed liek a good guy and in fact I sold at least three items for him, so I had begun to trust him. He agreed to my normal ways of selling and getting money to him in all previous auctions (designed so that I would not get ripped off, basically!), so when he asked to do it differently on a 4th successful auction for a $1300 Oakley sunglasses case, I felt I could trust him and sent him some ( I think about $800) of the money for it before the item had been shipped. which I never would do normally, but you can see I thought I could trust him. Well, it turns out there never was an Oakley sunglasses case, which Scott had allegedly stored somewhere at a shipping center in Denver. and I ended up not only losing all the money that i forwarded him, but also additional funds out of my personal PayPal and bank accounts as the upset buyer who did not get the case ended up filing a PayPal complaint against me, and in the end I ended up paying over $1200 out of my pocket. Plus partially trashing my eBay business at the time!

And Scott had taken off to California. I tried and tried to reach him, he emailed me (2x) and said he was sorry and would pay me back, but I never have seen a penny of the money. It was soon after this that I discovered he had a habit of ripping others off, especially in regards to fake Rolex watches, etc... and then he completely disappeared after allegedly trying to start a Smart Car business in California somewhere, which true to the trail that Scott seems to leave behind him, did not succeed.

He gained my trust, then when he saw that I trusted him, he scammed me. I have had one contact with him in the last 12 months after searching forever on the net to find him (I got lucky, I guess) ; he claims he is unable to pay me anything at all, and aid he would help me with SEO marketing for my (wedding) photography website. Well, he forwarded me one email with a few pretty much generic and useless pointers, then I never heard from him again. Here was his chance to do $1200 in business to promote me, and to finally after 3 years pay me back, and he blew it-once again, not a man of integrity. I even once told him I would be happy if he sent me $900 just to settle.
So I made a mistake, he scammed me, and I had to pay for it.

There are more than a few complaints about him on the web as well, especially in regards to not completed web-design after he had been paid for it (!)(through another company that he ended up bailing on on) and something to do with Rolex watches. Fakes or fake auctions for the real thing. Also he had been kicked off eBay previous to using my services; now I know why.

Please, if anyone knows how to get to this guy and get my money out of him, I would be delighted! He is a full time scammer, as far as I can tell, and he needs to be stopped
Thanks
Michael
Boulder, CO

• Jm
    jm7 Apr 21, 2011

Wow i Honestly can't believe this . Thank goodness I did not bid !

over charge for fees

In summer of 2006, Ebayon several occasions offered a dime insertion fee for all ebay store owner and I did a...

I would avoid ebay as a seller or a buyer

I suspect if they reviewed a restaurant that served nothing by glass shards, it would get higher marks from many people than EBay .

First of all, despite the popularity of complaining about the high fees (EBay takes around 20% of the sale between listing fees, picture fees, final value fees and PAYPal fees to accept the money.) I understand that EBay has a monopoly on the auction market and given their customer exposure, they could probably charge 30% and get away with it. So I am not going to complain about the ever raising fees because that is part of the beauty of doing business with an industry leader. Thank you sir, may I have another? (I will admit to secretly crossing my fingers that some knight in shining armor other auction site will come and bump EBay out of the market with lower fees and more customer service.

My biggest problem with EBay is that they are so large, nobody calls them on their unfair practices. EBay can pretty much do whatever they want to in terms of business ... stuff that would get other companies in a lot of trouble for market fixing, price fixing, etc.

An example of this happened to me recently as a seller on EBay. I am not a high volume seller and admit that EBay is more of a hobby than anything else. I see an item for sale at a really low price at a store, I pick it up and list it on EBay. Usually I will buy a pizza with the profits. Sometimes, the item doesn't sell and I'm forced to keep it (which is why I buy stuff that I can use myself.)

I have a decent amount of feedbacks on EBay. Out of 1255 transactions, 100% of the people I've dealt with have given me positive feedback. And EBay does a star rating to see how good you actually are, and in all of the 4 categories, I received 5 stars ... which is actually quite hard to do.

Recently, EBay cancelled one of my listings and suspended my account. It gave me no reason for doing this and when I emailed to see why, they said they could not tell me why my auction was ended due to security reasons. I called customer service and spoke to a representative who told me that he too could not tell me why my account was suspended and my listing was cancelled. He said that it violated an EBay policy and that is all he could say.

I contacted another person from EBay by email who told me that he could not say why the item was cancelled by mentioned that it was roughly because EBay thought the item was fake based on the price being too low. The item I was selling was a very expensive Nike soccer shoe. It retails for $185. They were on sale at a popular department store because the model is a year old for $50. I bought a pair (with a 20% off coupon) and wore them one time and decided I didn't like the feel, so I would list them on EBay.

Within 2 days of listing, EBay cancelled the auction and suspended my account. This is even that I have been an EBay member for 10 YEARS!!! I have 100% positive feedback!!! Not a single person has ever accused me in 1255+ transactions of ever offering anything but the real thing.

I spoke with another customer service rep. 3 days after the suspension/listing cancellation. The first rep. told me that I could appeal the suspension and EBay would get back to me in 24 hours. They never did. I explained this to the second rep. who told me that they weren't sure why nobody got back to me. I pressed the second rep. for details about the listing ending and after about 30 minutes of go around, she told me she thought it was because the price was too low for the item.

I don't understand how in a fair market, a company can suspend you from their site for listing an item at TOO low a price. What if I was given an item as a gift that was worth $100 and I wanted to sell it quick and get $20? $20 is better to have than a gift you don't want. That would be the equivalent to if there was a store in the mall that was selling polo shirts for $10 and 2 other stores in the same mall were selling the same shirts for $50, so the mall manager destroyed all the shirts at the less expensive store and told them if they didn't start raising their prices, they would lose their lease. This is more like communism.

I did a search of similar shoes and found that while most of the cleats were listed at around $80 to $120 (mine were listed at $59.) ... even at $80 ... similar cleats only sold 1 in every 25 times they were listed at that price. 90% of the cleats that were listed on EBay did not sell at all. Why would I want to price my cleats the same as all the other cleats that were not selling and had to re-listed (each time you relist an item on EBay witha fixed price, you have to pay $.35 + $.15 per picture + $1.50 for a subtitle if you want an extra sentence in the item title. (this went from $.50 to $1.50 during EBay's last round of fee increases.)

So, my choices are ... if I don't want my listing pulled and my account suspended ... I can put my cleats, that I don't want and used once at $79 - $120 like everyone else and keep relisting them because they don't sell. Or, I can not list them at all because EBay thinks they are priced too low.

Another strange thing is that if I go on EBay and type in 'Nike Air Jordan' ... most of the pairs of Air Jordans for sale on EBay are fake. They are obvious fakes as well. There are sellers who are selling 100 pairs of Air Jordan shoes, which are extremely rare and many of the most popular series were made 10 - 20 years ago. Yet these sellers have an unlimited supply of brand new, sparkling white shoes that were not available for sale since 1992. Also, Tiffany recently sued EBay because they found that 80% or more of the pieces they bought on EBay through a random sampling of sellers were counterfiet. Abercrombie clothing is frequently counterfietted and I've even seen obvuious fake Rolexes sold on EBay for thousands of dollars.

Another thing about EBay is the total lack of customer service. During this issue, my problem was not resolved because nobody at EBay would tell me why my item was removed. Nobody would lift the account suspension when I offered to show a receipt from Nike for the shoes I was selling. And nobody got back to me when they were supposed to.

I made 3 phone calls to EBay's customer service and spoke to 3 different reps. who gave me different information. The only thing they agreed upon is that I could not talk to anyone else from any other department about my question, yet they could not answer my question. The total time on the phone with these reps was around 1 1/2 hours.

I sent 5 emails. Two of them were answered with a discourteous form letter type of email telling me that they were not able to provide any information. One even went so far as to warn me 'selling unauthorized products is illegal'. Even though I explained I had receipts for the items and my feedback should speak for itself. Three emails when unanswered.

I was even given a link to a Live Chat Session with an agent on EBay who told me within 2 minutes that he was not allowed to address specific cases and that I should try to email someone. (which obviously yielded no results.)

EBay's customer service is a complete joke. It is a time wasting process that runs you around in circles and accomplishes nothing. What amazed me most is that every single person seems to have the same script about not being able to talk to anyone else.

I wish there was an alternative to EBay, but there is not for designer clothing. Amazon is better (buying and selling-wise) for media, books, etc. Overstock auctions is not gaining any ground and has only a few listings here and there. Amazon auctions is a bit more confusing in terms of the price structure and is not the place to sell designer clothing. I am stuck with EBay ... but from now on, I am only selling what I have left and will not sell after that is gone. I am also boycotting EBay for buying. I used to like to shop around a little bit on EBay, but now I refuse to.

Honestly, most of the clothes I bought off EBay were described inaccurately (described as recent manufacture and came and were from the 70s and 80s.) One time I bought a suit that someone claimed they bought recently at Brooks Brothers and didn't want anymore and I found a label inside the suit suggesting it was made in the late 70s. many times items come stained or smelling like cigarettes, mildew or other things.

I fell like EBay often penalizes the sellers who do good, maintain good feedback, etc. I pay about $200 in EBay fees each month for the auctions and have never been treated so badly by any company, even those I do not give $200 every month. On EBay it seems that the bad guys always get away with being bad and the good guys are the ones that EBay ensnares in its web to try to trap the bad guys. The ones who know their way around the system prosper, while those who follow the rules and have many repeat buyers and good feedback get the problems.

I would avoid EBay as a seller or a buyer. Too much hassle and problems. I wish I wasn't stuck using EBay and won't be much longer once EBay removes my ridiculous suspension and allows me to sell items again. Apparently though, I am not allowed to offer great deals. So I have to watch how good of a deal I give my buyers or EBay might suspend me again for offering buyers good discounts on items I can prove are authentic.

• imjustme Apr 06, 2010

I used to be an employee of eBay. I can tell you that if you are listing from multiple computers, they know it and will suspend you with the reason that they believe your account may have been taken over. The run around you got in the beginning with them claiming they couldn't tell you sounds like that's why. They can tell by your IP number but are not permitted to tell you they have that capability.

Items that can be easily duplicated such as Prada, Nike, Vuitton, etc are watched. Ebay will tell you they don't police their site, but they do. They do, in fact, have employees that do ONLY that. They check for things like seller history (if a seller has sold those items previously), listing price (if the item is selling for a ridiculously high or low starting price) and contact information (if there is a phone number/email listed in the description that does not match the account owners personal registered information).

I am in NO WAY defending eBay, but those are the possibilities as to why your account was suspended.

That being said, however, eBay can burn in hell. They are over-hyped, over-priced, and under-educated. They are actually in the process of getting rid of the "little guy" and catering only to those powersellers (they don't call them that any more) who are raking in the big dough for them. If you have proof of receipt for the item, and proof of ownership of your account, there is no legal explanation as to why they couldn't reinstate your account.

Even the little guys have right.

Sarah of Orange, CA Apr 08, 2010

They stole my money. In summer of 2006, they offered a dime insertion fee for all store owners and I am an Ebay store owner. When my invoice came, I saw they charged me the regular insertion fee. It took conversating by email with over 8 Ebay associates before one found out what actually happen. It was because I was suspended on email before there computer system generated my invoice, it didn't know I was an ebay owner, therefore I was charged the regular insertion fee. He fixed the problem for me. I was refunded close to $300. The refund sat in my Ebay account for over 5 or 6 months. In late March of 2007, I asked them to refund me the remaining amount, then I got a bill send to my email that I owe them over $700. They claim the previous reversal was done in error!!! That is so ridiculous. Ebay had their collection harrass ment day and nite for over a year. Only like 4 months ago, Ebay started me to send me invoices again which is kind of weird. I stop selling with them after problem started. This time, the invoice is that I owe them nothing. But they still owe me approx $233 which they refused to paid me. They haven't even remain the fraudulent dent they put onto my credit report. I am so fu*king tire of them. They are so big and no one can get them for wrong doing. $233 is a lot of money to me cuz I am a stay home mom on very small budget and that is the reason why I was selling on Ebay.

• Yl
    YLB Dec 20, 2010

I sold a little bit on Ebay from Dec '04-Jun '06. I resumed selling in Sept 2010 and planned to sell for 3 months because of the free 300 listings/3 months. It was a lucky break for me stumble onto this promotion with free gallery pictures for 3 months. I can set my auctions to high starting prices and I can keep relisting up to Jan 11.

But there were 2 Ebay changes that stunned me and made me more cautious. Sellers cannot leave negative and neutral feedbacks to buyers anymore. This means the buyer can be honest about a seller without fear of a negative feedback. This is fine but the feedback change also means a scummy buyer is even more powerful.

The other change I found out by experience. Buyers who do not do international shipping might have to deal with a company called SHOP AIRLINES AMERICA, INC. which make the bids on behalf of millions of Japanese buyers under one of these Ebay usernames: flight2nrt, flight2sfo, flight2lax, flight2bos, flight2nyc, flight20rd, flight2hnd, flight2cts, flight2fuk, flight2kix. The seller has to go through a protocol of labelling a package and filling in some links and ships the item to Carson, California. And as s seller, you'd think that your responsibility ends when the delivery confirmation registers delivery to that warehouse and the item is *supposedly* strictly inspected before re-shipping to Japan.

Well, make sure you google this allied partner of Ebay, so you can read up on the reviews and you'd be alerted to the potential problems and tales of horrors. To be fair, there are many transactions that succeeded but the negative reports alarmed me so I blocked all their buying IDs.

I was fortunate that the bid this company put on one of my items was not a winning bid. I thank my lucky stars for that.

In conclusion, I would still buy from Ebay and make sure I'm fair and honest with credible sellers. But in selling, I would be highly vigilant and not allow those Ebay-sanctioned gouging practices get to me.

Joseph Spencer Feb 04, 2017

eBay unfairly suspended me for a fraudulent buyer dispute. Buyer defrauded me of over $1000 along with the item he didn't ship back. eBay sided with him after I provided all evidence and I lost the money and the item.

eBay purposely makes it where buyers can cry wolf and get their money and keep the item. This is why so many sellers are going stealth using the Aspkin forums or sellers like Auction Essistance to make their way around eBay's fraudulent policies.

• Se
    Seo Distortion Apr 25, 2017

eBay doesn't care if your business is going down. They will outright suspend you without any basis. Whether your a long time member or new user, they do not care. We have been on both sides and both times sucks.

Not to mention their support for getting your account reinstated is non-existent. They do not care if you have a family to feed, that your grandma died, your pet died or you are at the brink of committing suicide. They will take your money and kick you to the curb.

After many failed attempts on getting back onto eBay, I just gave up and decided to hire Auction Essistance to help me set-up a new eBay account.

Thankfully I am able to sell again, but considering eBay does anything they want, I suspect it will not last long.

scam?

What a load of crap. Selling eBay information for $$$. Try to get a refund? Good Luck!!! Refused delivery of so called product (shipped a 3 ring binder weighing aprox. 3# and charged an additional $14.95 on top of the $197.00 . Refused delivery and was received by their mail room on [protected] and was to receive refund in 7-10 business days. Bull [protected]@#*! Spoke to support center finally, said they were having problems with their payment system and that I should receive it by the 30th. Sounds like and probably am getting the runaround. Don't fall for the "great opportunity to make easy money from home" speal. They don't tell you about the other expenses you will be faced with. This is nothing but an elaborate scam that has taken many, probobly desperate people, for a ride. All the info. they supposedly supply is right there on eBay. I should know...been using it since 2004 and have a 500+ positive feedback rating. I feel really dumb, falling for this load. Hope you don't make the same mistake.

fraud fashion

Ebay buyers receive authentic merchandise, and put knock offs/fakes in box, and return saying they "did not receive merchandise" and do charge back.in past ebay would not fight for the buyer even with proof, and it took at least a year for paypal to take it as a loss, and give me my money back, letting the buyer keep the authentic item, their money immediately, leaving me with a fake, and out of cash for at least a year. I am now helping my elderly parents on ebay. ;? Please someone advise me as to how to sell authentic merchandise, as described and not get taken advantage of by ebay buyers!

I have sold about 100 items over a few years of getting rid of things on ebay. I had an authentic louis vuitton/murakami retro cherry blossom handbag, that I sold to a seemingly sweet girl from asia, living in the united states. I had a lot of offers to buy out of the us, but I refused because people told me to.

When the girl got the handbag, she told me it was a "knock off". As a fellow designer, I got very upset, and take the illegal business and trafficking of frauds as support of child sweat shop labor, and support of terrorist activity. I support www.FakesAreNeverInFashion.com and am an educated consumer! The girl put a decent knock off in the box, and returned to me the fake! She got a charge back on her credit card, through paypal. Ebay could not settle the issue. Here the girl had the "it bag" of the decade,... One of them at least, and her money back. I was out the couple thousand, and ebay turned the issue over to paypal.

There was no way to prove that I had sent her the authentic bag, other than me having the receipt from the store to prove I purchased it.

Paypal finally came to the conclusion that I had 100% positive feedback on over 300 transactions. I buy more than sell, in the past. But have sold whole mahogany antique bedroom and dining room sets. So, when I did sell, they were costly items. Anyway, it took almost a year to get my money returned, and the girl had the real purse, and her money within ten days roughly.

The other incident was similar. I sold a brand new, in the box, laptop, with all the software. I even had a friend that does programming for the us government airforce computers look over the stats to make sure all I wrote was correct in the "ad". I sold the laptop at half off, for I needed the money and not another computer (At that time), and the man returned his beat up, broken, used computer in my brand new box, with the brand new software actually downloaded and registered to his full name!!! He did the same thing! Did a charge back, and got his money from paypal, saying that he returned the merchandise.

So, I was then stuck with an icky old lap top, and brand new disks already registered to this man who obviously downloaded them to the new laptop I sent to him.

The process went the same, just as it did with the purse, only this took about a year and a half, for he was very aggressive, and skillful in trying to fight. But the evidence was simple, why would I have software registered to the buyers name? And I had a very creditable witness, who programs us computers, there to back me up.

Still, this man got away with the crime. He got to keep my new laptop with the installed software, and his money back on his credit card right away, and it took me almost a year and a half to get he $1500 back which was half of what the item cost new, in stores.

The first "situation" had 10 positive feedbacks, which I have learned people can create by selling "items" supposedly to friends/family. So the 10 positive feedback is no help.

I am getting ready to help my family, sell a lot of antiques, they are retired, furniture is hard to sell on ebay and I do not want people randomly coming into their detroit, inner city home, at their age. I also have some of my mothers smaller items she needs help selling, and my own purses and shoes, handbags. How do we make an honest sale, in such a poor economy? The economy was thriving and strong when I had my ebay "mishaps", and it turned me off from that site, ever since. Someone with knowledge, please help.
I

• Ke
    keepcallingthem Mar 26, 2010

If it happens to you again, tell your buyer that you will be looking for your "seller's mark, " upon return of the item. Lots of sellers buy special ultraviolet light pens, which can't be seen on the item and doesn't ruin the item. If you do get a fake or broken item back, you can prove it wasn't your original item.

Take lots of pictures--from every angle. Keep receipts of items. Send copies with the original item to the buyer.

Always send expensive items (especially over $250) with signature required, and ALWAYS WITH tracking, even for a $1 item. Always insure expensive items, and pack carefully. If the item is super valuable, like a LV purse, I would send it overnight delivery only, with signature required.

When someone wins an item, look at their feedback. Some buyers have histories of chargebacks, or other unhappy replies to sellers.

• Ul
    ulfwolf Apr 03, 2010

I've said it before but it bears repeating, the best way to guard against being ripped off by online sales or auctions of any kind, eBay inlcuded, is to use a bona fide online escrow company. Although it does add some cost, that will take uncertainty out of the transaction.

For my money, the best bona fide online escrow (and there seems to be ten fraudulent escrow sites for every bona fide one) is probably Escrow.com (http://escrow.com). In fact, it’s the only one that eBay recommends.

Take care,

Ulf Wolf

cancelled ads without reason

My ads 3 ea. were cancelled without any reason given and despite bids. I have been a member since Mar 2, 2010 and sold 4 items with feedback on 3, all positive. ebay wanted me to fax a copy of my credit card statement, drivers liscense, and receipts for items I was attempting to sell ie., sony camcorder, watch, and binoculars. I am unable to get any input or reasons but I guarantee I have folowed their policies and that their action is completely arbitrary. This seems to me to be an incredible abuse which contradicts their business objectives and those of both buyers and sellers. I would love to have the facts and data reviewed and I would like to participate in a class action.

Marguerite Havan Mar 27, 2010

I am going through the same thing. I have sold eight items: two to nonpaying new members, one I refunded the money when the supplier was out of stock (from the time I received supplier's email and buyer's refund was less than three hours), and five completed sales. One buyer's item that was sent registered was not picked up, so I emailed the buyer to notify him. He responded that he was in the hospital. I called his local post office to request the item to be held and not returned to sender. In total I have a positive 16 feedbacks. My account was suspended. A total of 55 listings were canceled. Lolla from vetting said they would be happy to review my records and adjust selling limits. She also requested documentation of purchase of listed items. I faxed my driver's license, passport, utility statements and said I drop ship and only purchase after a sale. Out of the blue, I received back a generic statement from Bateman on counterfeits and replicas. I said I do not have any replicas or counterfeits and requested them identify which items are counterfeits or replicas so I do not list them again. I received back another generic email on counterfeits and replicas. I was asked what I plan to sell and where the items would be purchased. I again asked for specific items and said I would list every thing I had before except those objected to by eBay. I received an email from Ben B stating eBay prohibits them giving specific information and that any further emails I send in will probably not be answered. I still do not know if the suspension is temporary or permanent since I still can buy or what items they consider replicas or counterfeits. If there is deemed to be a cause of action, I would join a class action suit.

fraud

I opened an ad on eBay & decided to purchase the vehicle. Was in contact with the seller & thought I wa...

obssessive and controlling manner

I am 40 years old and I have never dealt with such an obsessed, paranoid, controlling, uncaring and ridiculous company in my entire life.

They have gone past the point of customer care or concern.

If they went bust tomorrow it wouldn't matter because the owners are set up for life! They know that so what does it matter to them!

All this time they are laughing in our faces because they know that some people depend on ebay as an income!

My biggest dream in the world would be for ebay to go under tomorrow and everybody all team together in the biggest law suit in the entire world and sue the owners for gross misconduct and lack of morals and care for their customers!

Maybe being at the bottom of the pile in this life will remind then exactly how difficult life can be when you really have to work for everything you have got in life!

• Jp
    JPage Oct 24, 2010

AMEN! I think it's best to use other avenues when possible like amazon or cragis list and I so hope that another good auction site will come to be. That's all that needs to happen-a site that does what e-bay does w/ good CS. I will never sell there again, but sometimes use it to buy, when I have to.

anger, bitterness, harassment by purse board users

I have found many complaints about the Ebay Purse Discussion Board and tPF but, since most of those seemed to...

bad complaint policies

Our only defense against scam purchases through Ebay is the ability to post negative feedback towards the scammer so others will know to avoid them. Ebay has changed their time limits for filing negative feedback. If you haven't done it within 30 days of the purchase, you are out of luck. Scam sellers like gold3288gold (T-Motorsports) deliberately wait two to three weeks to send you the product. As in my case, the item was missing a part when it arrived so I was required to send it back for a replacement which took another 14 days to come back. Then it didn't work, so I sent it back for replacement. 14 days later it came back in the same condition so I requested my money back. They said, "Up Yours. The 30-day refund limit has passed". Then I find out I cannot leave negative feedback because Ebay takes that privilege away after 30 days. That completely sucks, especially when you have warranty issues like in my case. Such things can take months to finalize The seller can use Ebay's stupid rules against unsuspecting buyers by using delaying tactics. I shall deal with retailers before I ever purchase anything through Ebay again.

• Bu
    Burned again! Feb 24, 2012

Yep, T-MOTORSPORTS (gold3288gold) treated me in a similar manner. Bought a motorcycle battery from them with an advertised one year warranty. I got about 6 starts before it died in less than 50 days! When I asked for a replacement, they told me 30 days was up and they would not exchange it or refund my $53.00...WTF????
    I would not buy a glass of water from them if I was dying of thirst!

holding my account hostage

Not sure where to begin. I sold a piece of radio gear to a user named Appboone. Turned out to be a liar and cheat, only wanted to cause trouble, didn't really want to buy the equipment. Buyer claimed equipment was illegal to sell or possess (not true). When I left negative feedback for non-payment, buyer went ballistic and promised to post false slandering comments about me all over the internet. Buyer did so using a false name. I went to every website I could find a complaint posted about me and did likewise in return. When I posted the buyers real name and city/state and used my real name in case any others wanted to contact me with further information about this looney-tune, eBay yanked my account and buyer began physically threatening my grandchildren. It's been over three years and the website where I posted the buyer's multiple assumed names (Maria Spencer, Jason Spencer, of Jefferson, NC) have not removed my comments, and refuse to do so. eBay will not re-instate my account until the website removes it, so I'm in a catch-22 situation. As such it won't hurt my account to post their names here. Apparently Appboone yanked around one too many sellers, and eBay has canceled that account. Even though Appboone is no longer a customer of eBay, eBay still won't remove my account suspension. Almost 400 positive feedbacks (only two negatives) flushed down the toilet! So don't say anything about a bad buyer, eBay will yank your account, and you don't get a second chance. Apparently it's a "life sentence". Even the criminal justice system is not this cruel! eBay is an anti-freedom-of-speech conglomerate!

ebay is a scam

I bought a ps2 video game through ebay from a private seller. Three weeks went by, no product. I opened a case through ebay and paypal. They both claim to be investigating the case. Next thing I know, paypal sent me an email stating that I have closed the case. I reopened the case, ebay is making it difficult to contact their service support. They are all avoiding the fact now that they should refund some money. Do not trust either lowsy company.. They are crooks. I have documented proof of all I have stated here. To sum it up, I lost money but ebay paypal and the seller came out winners. Sounds like a big scam, looks like a scam!! Must be a scam!

• It
    itskarla Dec 26, 2009

I also had a problem with a seller on Ebay. I bought a Wii early this year, and they charged me tax (I live in WA) and sent the product from Oregon. They claim that they had every right to charge me tax since they have a "warehouse" in WA, but would not refund the $$ even though they sent it from another state. I contacted Ebay with the complaint, and heard nothing. I can often buy the same product for the same price, or cheaper, at a store in my city. I can also return it if needed--and speak to a manager if there is an issue.
    I will not buy from Ebay again!!

illegitimate banning

Ebay is a nightmare to sellers. There is NO way to get a legitimate complaint filed. You will have other seller constantly harassing you with [censored] emails and false reports trying to get rid of their competition.
Forget getting help when you have a problem just plan to eat your expenses and pay eBay for the torture of having experienced the trouble because the fees will be charged to you regardless of your innocence.
I won't bored you with the deatils but warn you to forget that online business you think you can make on evil-bay. Ebay has been the worst online experience of my life.

there are a hundred hustles going on at once, all targeting sellers.

• Tr
    truegreenfroggy Dec 20, 2009

YOU ARE SO RIGHT ABOUT EBAY!

• PURSESNATCHER Jan 07, 2010

Ebay doesn't make it easy. The only advise I can give is to forget emailing them. You need to get a person on the phone and if they don't solve your problem, ask for their supervisor. I had to do this. It took 3 days of persistent calling but I finally got the problem solved!

eBay by phone: 1-800-322-9266 and 1-888-749-3229.

Hope this helps!

• Mi
    Mister Man Jul 24, 2010

This all boils down to one word- jealousy.

Most of this is spurred by one woman, Jerri Pope, known as Purseservere @ Bonanzl- she can't get along. She was removed from these forums when she couldn't play well with others and now she's vindictive. She lies about her location, the condition of her bags, her "Italian" leather worker, Tony, on and on. She was confronted about this stuff and other unethical practices on TPF and EBay. ALL these pages are her response. This is how big her jealousy gets.

There are other people who write some of this sometimes but she was and is the driving force. and it's pointless to talk with her. she can't have conversations. Read through these pages and it's pretty clear. She'll end up booted off of effenhaute next.

unpleasant experience

I recently tried to list items on Ebay. To my absolute horror I discovered that Ebay have decided sellers are now not allowed to charge for postage in certain categories. I do not sell many items on ebay, but from time to time I have a number of things I either want to get rid of or, like many people have it as a small occasional sideline. How is anybody supposed to carry on selling if you can't charge for postage? Many times, postage can cost anything up to £5 in the UK, and even more for international, and we're supposed to just give them away!

This policy has recently been introduced. It goes alongside all the other policies recently introduced, i.e. increasing Final Value Fees to 10% per item, increasing listing fees for Buy It Now to 40p an item, not allowing sellers to leave negative feedback for buyers who don't pay, and many other little things to alienate and persecute sellers.

Ebay used to be a fun site to buy and sell on, but it is no longer. They have now become too big and arrogant and have completely ruined the site. I will shortly be stopping trading on Ebay altogether and helping to promote alternative sites. Hopefully some competition will come along and replace Ebay altogether one day. They don't deserve to continue trading if they are going to continue in this disgraceful manner.

suspended account

ebay shut off my account for 30 days, claiming, that "LIAR" is a profanity word.

A buyer from ebay bought an item from me, she was playing games from the beginning. She gave me the wrong address to ship item to. I called her a liar, ebay turns around and suspended my account. Before i sent a message to her, I reported her to ebay 5 times, and Ebay did nto do anything. Now after i contacted BBB, they closed down my account claiming im a threat and a risk to EBAY.

What a laugh!!! Wait till I take them to court.

here is an email from ebay.

MC183 FPA NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - User Agreement - bridal_jewelry_galore‏
From: [protected]@ebay.com
Sent: Mon 11/09/09 5:09 PM
To:
eBay eBay sent this message to
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.

Hello bridal_jewelry_galore,

We're sorry to tell you that your eBay account was suspended because recent account activity has raised serious security concerns. We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay Community.

You can appeal this suspension. If, after reviewing your appeal, we're confident that this activity poses no risk to the Community, we'll be happy to reinstate your account. For information about how to appeal this suspension, please go to:

Unfortunately, during the suspension you won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account.

Any outstanding selling fees are due immediately, and any amounts that you haven't previously disputed will be charged to the billing method currently on file.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

H17238

• Bu
    bugbgone2007 Nov 14, 2009

yep i got suspened for 1 freakn year but i got another account under new name password and email just stayn low and selling need help let me know

• Oz
    ozonewaterbasebooth Mar 17, 2010

I'm new on e-bay and I listed two of my products and after summit my credit card and my information
    they suspend my account
    like I said I'm new on this and I'm looking to contact one representative of e-bay but I can find any numbers
    always one page send me to another and another
    how can I get HELP on this?

Joseph Spencer Aug 30, 2016

eBay banned my account indefinite. No chance of appeal after many emails sent to them. After that, they decided to simply ignore my requests. Unbelievable. I have kids to support and having them shut down my account makes it even more difficult.

I had to enlist Auction Essistance to create me a new account so I can sell again. The selling limits suck, but it is better than nothing.

• Se
    Seo Distortion Oct 26, 2016

eBay has suspended many of my employee's accounts for no apparent reason. We all had great feedback with no complaints or disputes for the past 2 years, yet that wasn't enough for them to not suspend us.

Now we have been desperately trying to get all of our employees back on with the help of Auction Essistance.

• Em
    Emma Bryant May 14, 2017

Was suspended for unjust reasons. Tried endless months and wasted much of my time to appeal with no success. eBay nearly caused me to be behind 5 months in bills because of them.

Was desperate and decided to go the stealth route that many suggested. Bit of a learning curve but the guide by Auction Essistance helped a bit to the point that I am selling again. Although I can only sell 5 items a month, opening multiple accounts is my only ticket in moving more inventory.

fictitious selling on ebay

Dear E bay,

If you check in branded watches, you will find lots of Omega, Carrera watches etc. offered on auctions which I'm sure are just replicas. I almost bid Rs.21000.00 for such a watch on 31-10-09. I was lucky; I was outbid by another (maybe fictitious) member. I wrote 'fictitious' because after some time I rcd. a message from your side that I'd been given a second chance on my bid of Rs.19000.00. Of course I didn't fool myself again, because after searching the site, I found out that similar watches had been sold for less than Rs.3000.00. I was shocked but at the same time relaxed.

You have made many columns about product descriptions like item condition – new or used etc., similarly I’d suggest you to make one more column about the authenticity of the product – whether it is original or replica. This way many people would be saved from being looted. Doing this might affect your profit; otherwise you would have taken care of it long back.

I’m regular buyer at E bay since 2003. But this time I sincerely doubt your marketing intentions. You write so much about terms & conditions / legal binding of buyers on bidding etc, how come you allow such fictitious sale from your side. After all it is your name which people trust & you just allow sellers to fool people & make extra bucks for yourself. It really is a ‘conspiracy’.

I sincerely advise you to do something about it.

Sincerely,
Vivek Mahajan

ebay buyers never pay now

I have been selling and buying on Ebay for about 9 years now. As you probably know Ebay & PayPay are almost...

ups drivers involved in scams

EBAY/UPS coordinated scam. I lost $17, 000 and my credit rating damaged over this fraud. Thief either purchases from inside Ebay employee a dormant member ID. The member usually has not bought or sold for a year, has 100% Positive feedback and is not monitoring their account, or maybe are dead. That is why I believe a Ebay emplyee is involved. The Thief contacts you (the seller) and is interested in your gold watch. You see 194-Positive Feedbacks and consider it is real. The theif claims they no longer use PayPal and suggest COD. You are not stupid enough to mail a $17, 000 item COD, unless the funds are 100%protected. You contact UPS and are convinced they are able to Guarantee that their driver will only accept US Postal Money Orders if you ask. You understand USPMO are like cash so agree to ship the watch. The buyer normally offers a price close to your asking price and mine said he would add $250 shipping credit. UPS charged me $329.90, all but $91 going for insurance, explaining the insurance protected me. The UPS clerk Guarantees me the driver insructions will exclude Cashier's Checks and Money Orders, COD=$16, 750 GUARANTEED. I ship the watch, being told the most I can lose is shipping if the buyer cannot produce the US Postal Money Orders. Tracking indicates the watch has been received and paid for so the theif calls me, tells me the watch is great and that he has left me a positive feedback; could I leave him one?Knowing my funds are secure I leave a feedback and start getting calls from Ebay members, indicating he wants to purchase their watch. I am confused, but believed my funds are secure. 13-days later I receive a very poorly constructed fake Cashier's Check, and are notified several other members lost their gold watches to the same guy, same address, same style check. The UPS driver accepted horribly poor checks from a man standing in front of a residence (not his) in a snow storm, for $56, 000. I strongly contend the driver was involved in the scam. UPS will pay nothing, saying the US Postal Money Order "thing" cannot be proved by me, and the Cashier's check, with no Water-marks, Black-line, State of Origin or even Check Number, passed their Facial Validity. Ebay can no longer be trusted and UPS is running Driver Scams. So I pay thousands to a attorney, Ebay is moot and UPS is now working with high-end fraud schemes.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices