Having problems with eBay?

2211 North First Street
Sat9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

eBay Seller Sunsmile*2013did not deliver product

This vendor did not deliver my order worth 31USD. They claimed they re-sent but that did not arrive too. After trusting and waiting too long, I am unable to resolve through eBay. After many emails, they proposed to refund half. I did not agree. After several emails, they refund half and told me I agreed.

eBaysold me manufacturing defect iphone 4

MY name is santosh s from bijapur. contact number is [protected].

i had purchased iphone 4 32 gb on 13/05/2015 from ebay seller ” cellworld_apd ” PaisaPay ID [protected]. amount 12176/-.

on 01/06/2015(within 12 days) camera was not working (i recieved iphone on 19/05). i called ebay and told the problem because it was still under 30days ebay gaurantee.

i requested for repair or replacement of iphone.seller contacted me. he promised me that he will repair it and if the problem arises again, he will replace it and begged me not to ask for refund of money.

i sent the iphone to ” cellworld_apd ” on 03/06/2015.he sent it back after repair on 20th june which i recieved on 27th june(DTDC COURIER-Awb no-V22906542)

on 11/07/2015 (within 13 days)camera stopped working again.there was no signal from any sim which was inserted.i could not use the phone.
    i called ebay and told the problem. they told that 30 days ebay guarantee is over, we cant help you. i asked the seller for replacement on 11/07/2015. he told that wait for ramzan to be finished because his partner is on leave.since then he is not picking my calls or replying to messages.he is not ready to recieve the iphone by courier.

i raised complaint to ebay about this.
    the complaint id 1-[protected]. ebay is not making any progress with the case.

i went to apple store to get the iphone checked. they have GIVEN ME IN WRITING that there is hardware issue and its a manufacturing defect. IT CANNOT BE REPAIRED.it will keep having problems.
    they also told me that iphone was NOT NEW. IT WAS a REPLACED iphone.

NOW PEASE HELP ME
    1) iphone is not new has mentioned on the website.
    2)seller knew that there was a manufacturing defect, he resold it to me and then offered me to repair it within 15 days (i have written proof from apple service centre stating that it cannot be repaired)
    3)inspite of having 18months warranty, seller is refusing to recieve calls and messages.
    4)ebay is ducking behind 30 days guarantee.

what am i supposed to do?? . i want my money back. i dont want anything else.please help me
    i dont trust the seller or EBAY now.

the link to the ebay page is

the seller page clearly states that the warranty is 18months.

sold me manufacturing defect iphone 4

eBayfake item

Currently, eBay involved with some seller those who are doing business unethically. The eBay supports that kind of seller directly and involved with unacceptable business and not having any good corporate governance and control over a seller. Whatsoever seller gives advertisement without checking eBay published its own website.
      I bought “Orange Jasmine Bonsai Tree - 1 Live Plant (Send in special packaging)” on June 1, 2015. The description of items was written as follows:

• Live plant
      • Amazing tree
      • Special tree
      • The tree includes aluminum wire for getting a first design!!!
      • Special tree for bonsai growers
      • Plant Age - 1 year!!!
      • Condition of the plant - Perfect
      • Plant will be shipped with pot and soil.
      • User guide will be added for delivery
      • We send regular mail only!!!

Most of the descriptions are fake and cheating with customers. Today when I received the item I am surprised to see that it comes with an envelope and inside the envelope there is a 6” plastic bottle. And inside the bottle there is a 2” plant with 5 leaves and approximately age is 1/2 months.
      Not only that, seller does not accept any return. I have nothing to say and only I will try to avoid eBay and will go another online seller.
      I posted two Image here one is shown in website another is what I have received. Please compare this and take professional judgment.

fake item
      fake item

RESOLVED

My complaint is not resolved. Every time they create a new issue. I am a customer of eBay since 2007 and now decided that I will no longer purchase any item through eBay.

eBayebay intentionally promotes theft

Most of these sites are simply set up to allow people to vent their frustrations and nothing ever actually comes from the complaints / public warnings. I had a long history of trying to sell on Ebay but with more and more " screw the seller " rules put in at random, I have no desire to use that trash site anymore. Who needs them? No one. Part of the Ebay plan is to instill the seller with a fear that we need them. We don't. Amazon is a real site to market ones items. Ebay is a theft promotion / scam incouragement site. Nothing more. The so called " Buyer protection" was established to promote theft by allowing everyone to rent free items and generate millions to Ebay by them stealing the so called sellers fees. Did you know that you really don't have to buy anything listed on Ebay anymore? This is the message Ebay is trying to get out to the world now. Free use of anything listed for 6 months, then just say Item not as described and they will make sure to steal the money back from the seller and refund the buyer. Will the thieves refund the seller fees? HA! If you see a piece of something that you need, just pretend to buy it on Ebay. That's all you need do. When the item arrives, simply take out what you want then claim " Iten not as described" and send back a little bit of something so that you can show postage on the return. No need to actually put the item back to the seller. A rock will do fine. Ebay has the " Intentionally screw the seller " program which has got your back.

Half.comhalf.com: irresponsible business, zero customer service

If you intend to sell books thru Half.com, please be warned and advised. This site does not care about sellers. They cancelled our selling account after 10 years of long standing good history, because of a supposed shipping violation; they never explained the violation even though we requested explanation several times. Only possible communication with them is via email (they call themselves "an online company"); the online customer representative was very rude and not helpful, ignored all our questions or concerns and simply kept referring us to their "help" pages. Since half.com accounts link to eBay.com, this caused our eBay.com account to also be blocked, which is a totally different site with different policies. This blocks seller activity also on the other site, and doesn't even let you use the account for buying any product; but half.com did not care about helping resolve the situation. The eBay people tried to help but they could not do anything about the already blocked account.

On top of this half.com does not immediately pay seller revenues, as policy they only pay twice a month and they provide no option for requesting immediate payment if you are in urgent need of the money. So upon cancelling an account like they did to us, they place your pending payments on a 60-day hold period, which we doubt is legal. After 60 days when you try to reclaim the frozen funds they come up with another list of hurdles and "account identity validations" in order to release your money. In our case we did not have any extra identity validations to do since our account had current up-to-date information, so then the customer representative simply stopped responding to our email requests for payment. (There is no way to contact them via phone).

We had to call ebay for advise, they provided a phone number for half.com [protected], when you call this number it is an endless loop voice response system that never connects you to a real person. So, when there is a problem with these people, there is no simple way to resolve issues and you are stuck, and THEY ARE EXTREMELY DISREGARDING AND DISRESPECTING OF SELLERS, who are THE ONES WHO ALLOW THEM TO EARN THE STEEP FEES they charge on every book sale.

If you intend to sell with this company beware of their questionable and unfair practices, try to take your business somewhere else.

Thank you.

• Bi
              Bill Cook Aug 01, 2009

Half .com will not let me log on to my Ebay account until I fill in my details including my Debit Card
              I do not want to become a member of Half.com

• Po
              Poleka Jun 03, 2011

Takes forever to get paid, high commissions, and no 1800#, no live chat, just poorly communicated emails. They don't have a 1800# because they know they suck. Use Ebay to Sell(or anyone else for that matter).

• Ra
              Raffter Dec 01, 2011

They take too much commission. They do not reimburse for all shipping costs. They break sales contracts.

eBay — suspended my account

I've bought from ebay for 10 years or so but never set up a seller account. It's not easy to do on...

eBay Seller Sunsmile*2013 — stole my money no product

I ordered through Ebay through the auction from this stores item: http://stores.ebay.com/sunsmile2019...

eBaymoney back guarantee

Don't trust eBay to protect you against fraud! Their Money Back Guarantee is worthless. I bought a lens listed as Mint Condition but when I got it the focusing was messed up. I sent it to Canon service for a repair estimate of $550 which I sent to eBay - twice. They claim that they did not get it in the time required and denied the claim. Their appeal process said the decision was right so now I am stuck with the repair bill.

If at all possible buy on Amazon which stands behind their customers. If you have to buy on eBay Never buy from a listing that says no returns or anyone with less than 98% feedback.

eBaydishonest employees

I sold a light fixture on eBay. Fedex damaged the package in transit and was unable to ship it to anyone. I called eBay, the call was escalated to the "resolutions team". I told them what happened and they said if I would give the buyer an immediate refund (325$) instead of waiting for the item to get back to me, (which would take who knows how long would be bad for the customer and myself) eBay would give me an immediate refund and then the fedex claim would pay ebay once the claim was paid. I had 2 different customer service representative tell me this.

I then refunded the customer immediately per ebay's instructions, called back to tell them and they said they would not honor my reimbursement anymore. Even though the customer service representatives left notes saying they would, they would not do it. This is the worst customer service I have ever had and can't believe ebay would have such low ethics.

eBay — counterfeited moroccanoil

I had very bad experiences with eBay buyer protection program, every time they are standing on the seller...

eBayvast differential between ebay's and ups's calculated shipping rates

On December 26, 2014, one of my auctions successfully closed with a buyer for the item that I listed a week prior. The buyer very promptly paid the same day and to return the courtesy, I made an extra effort to provide same-day shipping. When creating the auction listing, the least expensive option for shipping was via UPS ground given the parcel's weight. To make certain that the shipping estimates for my eBay listings are reasonably accurate, I pre-pack, weigh, and measure each box. I'm careful about selecting the right shipping carrier relative to parcel size and weight, both for my sake and my prospective buyer's sake. No one likes to be surprised about higher shipping charges than expected. EBay's quote for shipping was $18.52.

Creating a shipping label entails logging into My eBay and under the Activity tab, one will find the items that successfully sold in the left hand column. EBay has the interface simplified such that once a buyer has sent payment, all a seller needs to do is pay for and print a shipping label and then get the paid item out the door.

It had been a very long time since I had used UPS's services, so I had to create a new UPS account from scratch since old accounts are deactivated and then deleted by UPS. This UPS account then has to be linked to the PayPal account through PayPal's user settings, which was also done so that I could successfully print a label. The amount that UPS charged for ground shipping with no Saturday delivery was $29.64. Recall what eBay quoted: $18.52. That's a difference of $11.12.

Once I had taken care of taking my packages to the respective shippers, including one specifically to the UPS Store, I called eBay to address the difference between quoted and actual shipping. The first eBay customer service rep passed the buck and transferred the call to PayPal. The PayPal representative in turn explained that eBay solely uses PayPal to process payments. The PayPal rep offered to transfer the call back to eBay and explain the situation, which he did. At that point, I found myself speaking with Rea at eBay, call reference number 1-[protected]. Rea ended up systematically walking through the problem from the start, from generating a quote on UPS's website to calculating the shipping using eBay's shipping calculator, just to confirm my story and the facts of the parcel dimensions, weight, and origination and destination addresses. Rea promised, repeating herself no fewer than 3x: 1) a credit of $11.21 to my account would be processed within 2 hours of the call, which was ended around 8:30P Pacific Time and 2) that she would call or e-mail me to confirm that the credit had been processed.

A few cursory checks of my eBay account after logging in indicated that no such credit had been issued by Saturday (12/27/2014) afternoon. I contacted eBay's customer service department again through their callback system and this time someone named Amor (spelling?) called me at 12:27P. All she could do was escalate the case once again so that a supervisor could approve the credit back to my account.

At 3:09P that same Saturday afternoon, Rea (eBay's Customer Service rep) called again, this time to inform me that her faceless and nameless supervisor has denied the credit to my account and to repeatedly press me like a broken, skipping CD player about some UPS discounted shipping program. Rea insisted there was an option for this discount as a seller buys a label through PayPal and then creates the labels for parcels being shipped via UPS. I retraced my steps to walk through the process of creating a label - NO SUCH OPTION EXISTS. Rea would not listen to me. It was clear that she and her supervisor had never walked through the eBay seller's website interface, let alone PayPal's or UPS's account setup interface, so neither Rea nor her supervisor has any concept of what buyers or sellers are looking at or experiencing. Although Rea did not call the program by its proper name, what she was blindly asking me about was the UPS Special Pricing Program for eBay Sellers. When a seller links their UPS account to their PayPal user account, one is defaulted into participating in the UPS Special Pricing Program for eBay Sellers; to not agree to the program is to be denied the capacity to ship via UPS through PayPal. Rea put me on hold for a 4th time to patch through a conference call to PayPal's customer service department and then a 5th time to let me know that PayPal put her on hold. This call to PayPal was to confirm that my PayPal account is linked to my UPS account and that I'm enrolled in this ridiculous UPS Special Pricing Program that I'm not allowed to opt out of anyway. The PayPal representative then informs me and Rea that the UPS discount will not be available to me as a credit until 12/30 or 12/31. Moreover, the PayPal representative cannot give me an estimate of the amount that I can expect to be credited.

EBay is doing everything that it can to skirt its responsibility for creating faulty shipping quotes while holding sellers responsible for charging for shipping fairly and accurately. It's impossible for sellers to charge for shipping accurately when we are forced to rely on the inaccuracy of eBay's shipping calculators, which Rea admitted has been an ongoing issue in my first conversation with her on the evening of December 26th. When I asked her when this will be resolved, she could not and would not say. The only workaround she offered was to restrict shipping to USPS, so 1) buyers end up bearing the brunt of higher shipping costs when lower cost options are possible and 2) sellers end up unfairly absorbing the difference between eBay's inaccurate shipping quotes and UPS's actual shipping cost.

Attached for the reader's consideration are the UPS Special Pricing Program for eBay Sellers Agreement as well as an indicator of what a seller sees when he or she clicks through eBay and then logs into PayPal in order to create a UPS shipping label. The original parcel to my buyer was already shipped, so I wasn't about to create yet another label - my address and the recipient's address have been blurred out for privacy. Note for the record that the shipping that eBay quoted and then charged the buyer was $18.52 and that there is no radio button or check off box to select the UPS discount program that Rea repeatedly and insistently but insensitively pressed me about.

vast differential between ebay's and ups's calculated shipping rates
                vast differential between ebay's and ups's calculated shipping rates

eBay Australiado not use guest accounts in ebay

Made a purchase using ebay guest account Item number [protected] from xtreme_warehouse ( transaction: [protected]). I never received the item. I went to lodge a complain with paypal Transaction ID: 04D1171840492584R they are diecting me to. ebay Resolution center

When I go to Resolution center ebay do NOT have an option to lodge complaint category for guest account. Therefore cant lodge complaints because of that. Seller easily get away.
                  When call ebay Australia they say its paypal issue not them and contact paypal.

So end of the day BUYER is the looser. EBAY Australia created Guest accounts make fraudsters flourish. NEVER EVER USE EBAY.COM.AU

chaven Apr 20, 2014

IN regards to the upcoming changes and restructure of eBay fees,

My complaint is the combination of charges that ebay is about to unleash on sellers in Australia and consequentially will cause a price rise for the consumer

They are about to include postal charges with final value fees which will lead to higher running costs for ebay sellers and price rises.
                      This will mean there are going to be a lot more free listings available to buyers but will also mean an increase in sales costs .
                      these changes will not effect sellers form other countries so once again Australian sellers prices will be far more expensive that international sellers
                      In Australia we are already paying far greater postage costs than our international counterparts especially when Australia post combined forces with ebay and removed the 250gram post parcel the minimum cost for a 500gram parcel is 7.15 via clickand send or greater over the counter this also does not include packing cost.
                      Thoughts anyone?

eBay Seller Single2000scammer

I ordered body armour worthing 68$ they sent to me body armour worthing 29$. I requested partial refund, they ofered to me 9$. Now traying to resolv via ebay customer support service. They advice to ship them back and they will fully refund P&P to China costs 34 Euro. Good deal to pay 34 in order to get 57.
                    Recomend not to buy anything from that seller.

• Ik
                        ikkebent Feb 02, 2015

Single2000 sold met 2 pens .. one arrived broken and one was missing
                        They use delay tactics to get over the 45 and 60 day term

Do not buy from this seller

• Rc
                        RCshockwave May 02, 2019

@ikkebent Same here, they still use this delay tactics, don't buy from this scamper.

• Ge
                        GeorgL Mar 18, 2015

Také jsem naletěl Objednal jsem v 11/2014 New Cable Wire Line Phone Telephone Network Toner Scan Tester Generator Tracker. V udanou dobu nepřišel. Několikrát napsal že posílá znovu. ale stejně nic nepřišlo. Koncem 2/2015 přestal komunikovat úplně

• Tr
                        truthjudge Dec 06, 2017

I bought few boxes stationery clips and all them are received torn! Inside only 50pcs/box and not 100pcs/box.

eBay / Solid Gold Necklaceillegal trade practices, deprivationof seller valuabe item, rewriting and deviating the process of on line transaction

Completed cycle of contract on ebay US platform. Item delivered by FedEx with tracking number, recipient name, address, phone number and declared transacted amount arrived in UK awaiting for clearance. Buyer notified by FedEx of tax but intentionally refused to pay custom/import tax of the country and claimed non-delivery of item and filed "goods not received"in ebay resolution center. The real issue was buyer and his/her country tax authority. Custom/import tax is buyer account internationally whether expressed or implied also on ebay platform. Ebay resolution process favor buyer and refunded the amount inclusive of shipping cost. In this case ebay assisted buyer to breach the contract and abetted buyer to avoid country's custom/import tax. The item has not returned by buyer to me(seller). There was no tracking number, carrier in normal process of return item. In this manner, ebay action not only detrimental to seller also deprived seller valuable item that is amounting to fraud. Regrettable ebay has illegally infringed online trade practices and performing outside ebay framework. Whereabout the item was unknown, ebay demanded reimbursement of amount and debited my paypal account for the amount, supend my account if amount not reimbursed. Where can I seek redress?

eBay India & Paisapay - Beware, Rajendra Nilkanth Punde — ebay selling stolen, fake & counterfeit products beware

EBAY INDIA- Scott Frederick Schenkel, Kyung Ho Koh. Beware of Ebay and Paisapay, These guys are selling...

Mumbai

eBay Id: "3dayandnight"sending out junk to scam

SCAMMER SELLER in eBay:
                        Contact Name: Mead
                        eBay Name: "3dayandnight"
                        email: [protected]@members.ebay.com.hk

This is a LIAR SCAMMER seller in eBay selling JUNK to SCAM buyers for quick money.
                        When I received the junk faucet, it totally different from what I ordered, which I clearly reminded seller with a message went out with my order. I complaint to this seller (I should complaint to eBay immediately). This SHAMELESS SELLER pretended to send me replacement parts to fix the problem. But he just lie to me to buy time; as soon as it passed eBay's resolution period, this LIAR SCAMMER "3dayandnight" totally ignored all my email; and of course I never receive any replacement parts. Now I just got a piece of junk on hand.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SCAMMER SELLER "3dayandnight". He sells JUNKS to SCAMMER BUYERS for quick money. His dirty way is to drag on the case until it passed eBay's resolution period, then he will ignore you totally and pocket you money.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS LIAR SCAMMER "3dayandnight".

eBay Seller: 3dayandnightshipped junk for quick money

SCAMMER SELLER in eBay:
                          Contact Name: Mead
                          eBay Name: "3dayandnight"
                          email: [protected]@members.ebay.com.hk

When I received the junk item, I complaint to this seller (I should complaint to eBay immediately). This SHAMELESS SELLER pretended to send me replacement parts to fix the problem. But he just lie to buy time; as soon as it passed eBay's resolution period, this LIAR SCAMMER "3dayandnight" totally ignored all my email; and of course I never receive any replacement parts. Now I just got a piece of junk on hand.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SCAMMER SELLER "3dayandnight". He ship junks to SCAMMER BUYERS for quick money. His dirty way is to drag on the case until it passed eBay's resolution period, then he will ignore you totally and pocket you money.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS LIAR SCAMMER "3dayandnight".

• In
                              integrityfirst Feb 17, 2015

Comment to all posts listed here.
                              Ebay DOES not stand behind their "guarantees" or return policies applied to sellers. User girard1222 has been negatived by one buyer as a thief who should be removed off ebay, has numerous baleful feebacks similar to my own experience: Basically she never refunded a purchase I sent back (received two days later), it took almost 3 months to get my refund back (via paypal's decision not the seller's kind action), seller LIES, avoids/ignores, and according to open ebay feeback shirks refunds as well. girard1222, see for yourself.

eBayebay allowed extortion from buyer

I made a sale on ebay. The buyer received the item and contact me to say not as described. I advised buyer to return for full refund if not happy. Buyer stated he did not want to return and wanted a refund. I contacted ebay to advise that buyer is not following proper procedure and buyer has made a statement that he will not prove, buyer wants to keep the item and buyer also wants a refund. Ebay advised they would not get involved. I did not submit to this buyers extortion demand to keep the item and get a refund. Buyer then leaves me unwarranted negative feedback. I again contact ebay about this wrong and the buyers extortion demand of a refund and keep the item. Ebay advised they would again not get involved. I escalated to a supervisor and was actually told by an ebay supervisor that I should have just paid the buyer off!

eBaybought item on line and it was fake

I bought an item on ebay or so I thought and spent $3000 via money pak and come to find out it was all a scam. I received a transaction with the listing seller from ebay stating that a transactiin was started between myself and the seller telling me what to do. I went ahead and bought money pak cards and gave the seller the information on the card. I was told that I would receive a tracking number for the item and never did. I contacted ebay and they told me that they show no transaction between myself and the seller. I finally found out how to access the money pak and low and behold the money on the cards are all gone. I have all the of the emails and money pak card information.

NoThankQ [user banned] Aug 28, 2014

What on earth did you buy online for three grand? Interesting that you don't say. Spending that kind of money online from an unknown buyer is ludicrous.

eBayglobal shipping program

I have just been ripped off by the eBay Global Shipping program, and Pittney Bowes USA, enforced on me by an eBay seller called igiveback, for $299.42 sales taxes, since they won't give you a proper invoice, even with no proper business headings. Please see the attached photo of the only document they sent me after a long stint for me of finding a Mr Right and about 15 emails to seller, Pittney Bowes and eBay resolution center starting a case. IMO Pittney Bowes USA pocket it themselves then. PS Ebay blocked my "case" since they were "judging" in favor of their large seller (called igiveback) on eBay. For me eBay is out, igiveback too. Trying to give negative feedback on the deal on eBay was blocked since "the case was closed". eBay sucks, and be warned !!!

global shipping program