DriveTime Automotive Group Logo

DriveTime Automotive Group

Having problems with DriveTime Automotive Group?

+1 888 418 1212 (Customer Service)
+1 800 813 5883 (Lease Inquiries)
+1 800 460 0104 (Get Approved or Schedule a Visit)
+1 888 781 5649 (Aeverex Warranty)
+1 866 387 3724 (DriveTime Warranty)
+1 800 967 8526 (Make A Payment)
4020 E. Indian School Road
Phoenix, Texas

Complaints & Reviews

Resolved bait and switch

I applied for a loan on their website. 5 minutes after applying I received a phone call stating that I wa...

Resolved repairs on car

I bought a 2006 Chevy Colbalt from Drive Time Feb. 1, 2010 and had a week and had to take it to one of their repair shops in Haltom City only to have them tell me that they could not fix it. So I had make an appointment with their main shop on Blue Mound Rd to have it fixed there. About a month later the clutch goes out and I take it to the same repair shop in Haltom City only to have them tell me it is gonna cost over $1400 to have the clutch fixed and Drive Time was not gonna cover it. So I took it somewhere else to have it fixed for less then what they were gonna charge me. Only to have something else go wronge with the car.

I have called the Warranty Department and have called the manager of the Dealership that I brought it from. All I want is for them to make it right. Which they have not done. So now I am at the point were they can have the PIECE OF CRAP that sold me back. This place needs to be exposed for what they really are SCAMMERS!!!

• Je
    JENNIFER WAY May 28, 2010

I BOUGHT A CAR JANUARY OF 2009 AND HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS FROM TWO WEEKS OWNERSHIP. AT TWO WEEKS OWNED BY ME THE CAR NEEDED ROTORS, AND THEN CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON AFTER MY WARRENTY WAS DONE AT 6 MONTHS AND I REPLACED THE EGR VALVE, MASS AIR FLOW PUMP, MY A/C MOTOR INSIDE THE CAR SOUNDS LIKE AN AIRPLANE TAKING OFF, AND CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS ARE A PART OF MY LIFE WITH THIS CAR (ALWAYS ON NO MATTER WHAT) NOW THEIR TELLING ME I HAVE A VACCUM LEAK AND IT IS EXPENSIVE TO FIND.
    WHEN I CALLED DRIVE TIME TO TELL THEM THAT THE CAR I NEEDED TO BE DEPENDABLE ISN'T AND I NEED MY FAMILY TO BE SAFE AT ALL TIMES, THEY TOLD ME TO CALL THE WARRENTY DEPT., SO I DID WELL THEY DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH ISSUES AT ALL BUT IF YOU GIVE THEM THE PAID REPAIR ORDERS THEY WILL NOT TAKE CARE OF THE BILL BUT DIFFER YOUR PAYMENTS TO THE END OF YOUR LOAN. SO TECHNICALLY THEY THINK THEY ARE HELPING YOU BUT YOU ARE STILL PAYING FOR THE REPAIRS AND YOU CAR PAYMENT TOO JUST AT A LATER DATE. WHEN YOU PAY $16, 000 FOR CHRYSLER PACIFICA 2004 YOU EXPECT IT TO RUN EXCELLENT FOR ALONG TIME. THE ISSUE WITH THE ROTORS, MY CAR WAS DRIVING ROUGH AND WHEN I TOLD THEM ABOUT IT THEIR SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM WAS RAIN PUDDLES AND THEIR MECHANICS AS WELL, WELL OKAY BUT CONSIDERING I HAD BOUGHT THE CAR WHEN FLORIDA WAS IN A DROUGHT AND IT HADN'T RAINED IN SEVERAL WEEKS AND NOT WHILE I HAD OWNED THE CAR FOR TWO WEEKS, IT SEEMED A BIT IMMPOSSIBLE... SO ANYWAYS THE SO CALLED MECHANICS THAT THEY SENT ME TOO REPLACED THE ROTORS WHICH I DON'T BELIEVE THEY REPLACED THEM I THINK THEY MAY HAVE RESURFACED THEM. I REALLY WANT TO LET THEM KNOW WHAT PROBLEMS I AM HAVING AND REALLY STICK IT TO THEM. I ONLY WENT THERE CALLED CAR DEALERS MAKE IT SO HARD TO BUY CARS NOW DAYS AND MY VAN'S WHOLE GAS SYSTEM WENT AND I NEEDED TRANSPORTATION FOR MY KIDS TO SCHOOL ETC. SO HERE I AM 15 MONTHS OWNERSHIP WITH THIS EXPENSIVE PIECE OF CRAP AND I AM ALWAYS IN THE SHOP WITH IT (CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON AGAIN), GOING TO SHOP TUESDAY FOR CHECK ENGINE LIGHT (LOOKING FOR A VACCUM LEAK)... i HAVE EVEN ASKED DRIVE TIME FOR THE NEW PURCHASE WARRENTY ON CARS 36 MONTH WARRENTY INSTEAD OF 6 MONTHS AND IT COVERS WHAT WRONG WITH MY HUNK OF EXPENSIVE JUNK. BUT THEY SAID THEY COULDN'T CAUSE IT'S ONLY FOR NEW CUSTOMER PURCHASE. THEN I ASKED THEM TO SWAP IT FOR ANOTHER VEHICLE A NEWER ONE WITH MAYBE LESS PROBLEMS AND THEY SAID I HAVE TO WAIT TILL I OWE ABOUT $3500.00 ON THIS CAR BEFORE I CAN TRADE IT IN WITH THEM. WOW THEY HAVE A ANSWER AND A SOLUTION FOR EVERYTHING. SINCE I HAVE PUCHASED THINS CAR PEOPLE HAVE TOLD ME STORIES ABOUT UGLY DUCKLING CAR SALES AND DRIVETIME CAR SALES...
    AND THEY THINK I GOT STUCK WITH A LEMON... AND I DID! I BOUGHT THIS CAR ON 441 OR PINE STREET IN OCALA FLORIDA ACROSS FROM AAMOCO THEIR MECHANICS WHO ARE JUST AS CROOKED AS THEY ARE.

• Br
    Brownsugga1 Apr 17, 2012

I'm having the same problems with my car..I just buy a 2004 Nissan Altimia. The first day I had 2 buy a tire for the car..They don't want to pay my out expense for the tire talkie about normal wear and tear..No sir not if I haven't had that car a day good..Now the light to check the engine is on and the part cost a lot..I should went ta Dealership to get me a car..Then they have the nerve to transfer my call back and forth to warranty to payments but you no what I'll put up with bull.This is my first and last car from them.Deferred my payment but I'm still paying for the repairs. I haven't even gotten tags for the car yet but can you say trade in a year time or lawyer. a

Resolved predatory lending

This company drives on predatory lending..that get you in with everyone is approved but they sell cars that...

Resolved faulty information

Complaint starts with the company stating that they do an inspection of every vehicle that comes through...

Resolved do not get a car there

IF YOU NEED A CAR AND YOU SEE THERE COMMERCIAL APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED!! DONT FALL FOR IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO PAY HIGH PRICES ON A CAR THEY PUT YOU IN THAT YOU DONT PICK OUT A CAR THAT YOU THINK WILL WORK THE 4 YRS YOU WILL BE PAYING ON IT! THE DAY YOU SIGN YOUR NAME ON THAT GREEN BOOK AND WALK OUT WITH THE KEYS IN YOUR HAND YOUR SCREWED! YOUR LUCKY IF THE CAR WILL LAST YOU A MONTH.. YOU WILL SEE MISSED PHONE CALLS FROM A [protected] EVERYDAY EVEN IF YOU HAVE MADE ALL YOUR PAYMENTS ON TIME.. AND THEN GUESS WHAT THEY WILL CALL EVERYONE YOU PUT ON THAT REF. YES EVERYONE UNTILL THEY GET A HOLD OF YOU.. THEY WILL TELL THEM ITS VERY IMPORTANT SHE CALLS US BACK IN 24 HRS. THEN YOU CALL THEM BACK THEY SAY OH WE JUST WANT TO SEE IF YOU WANT TO POST DATE A CHECK CUZ YOU HAVE A PAYMENT COMING UP!! LMAO BYE THEN YOUR PISSED OFF.. YOU CAN SAY NO THAN THEY WILL ASK YOU WELL HOW ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE THIS PAYMENT? YOU HAVE TO EXPLAIN HOW YOU DONE IT FOR THE PAST MONTHS WALK IN A PAYMENT CENTER!! HUM WILL YOU THINK ITS OVER BUT HELL NO THE NEXT DAY THEY WILL REPEAT ON THE SAME THING CALL YOU UNTILL YOU PICK UP THE PHONE!! ECT... THIS IS A NONE STOP THING!! SOO NOT WORTH IT I WAS SHORT 8 DOLLARS ONCE AND THEY CALLED 20 TIMES A DAY.. SO UNREAL MAKES YOU WANT TO DRIVE THE CAR IN A LAKE!! DONT GET A CAR FROM THERE EVERYTHING THAT PEOPLE HAVE POSTED IS TRUE.. THEY ARE A SCREWED UP COMPANY!!

Karobeth Jan 25, 2011

I am so with you on this! It is a shame that when your credit is not just perfect, you have to go and get a car (due to unforeseen circumstances), and you pay the HUGE deposit AND a trade in and still making bi weekly payments, NOT monthly and it just places you in a desperate situation! You have no car, you have a great job, and you need a dependable car! Those were my circumstances! However, I did not realize how much I was paying until I get the paper work home...(which they do not go over with you before you sign!), and I was just FLOORED! I thought, how in the hell am I going to afford this! I did make my payments, on time and then I became sick and was out of work for about 6 mths drawing short term disability and their customer service did not even care! " Can you borrow it from a family or friend?" NOT! So...after the 2nd past due on the car payment, I received a letter of repo! I called them up and told them to come and get it! It took them TWO months to pick it up! Tacking more payments and interest. Finally when it was done, I received a WONDERFUL BS letter telling me that they sold the car at an auction and received $2800.00 for it! Leaving me on my credit a balance of $6688.00! Please be fair warned! They are not out to help you with nothing! Hell I wish I would have never walked in to that place of business!!!

Resolved harrassment

OMG! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE! They prey on people. My daughter's car broke down so she...

Resolved wrongful repossesion/illegal repossession

On August 17th of 2009, in TX, Drivetime/Santander repossessed my Tahoe in a VERY violent and illegal manner...

Resolved scam

I was a first time car buyer and had been turned down at a biger dealer. Me and my mom desided we would try...

Resolved lack of customer care/assistance

I have been dealing with DriveTime since 8/06 and until this past Oct. 09, things were fine. Due to Tucson...

Resolved sold me a lemon

first car i bought they wanted $1000 down then changed it to $1200 down. not many problems until after it wa...

Resolved their sales and fowlowing state and federal laws

I am in the military and my husband and I had purchased a 2006 chevey colbalt from them it was good I was on a military program with them and every thing was going great until my car was totaled in a car accident that I was not at fault for. It was paid off and I also had gap insurance, so we went down to get put into another car of same value. They did not tell us we were going to still have to pay a down payment, that they had to run our credit again, and that it was going to be for a vehicle of lessesr value. We were nput in a 2001 Mazda 626 and when we test drove it there was nothing wrong, but the day wer drove it home there was numeras problems we contacted them requesting them to fix it they sent us to a brke specialest and the problems had nothing to do with it and also wanted us to pay for any repairs that were under the warrenty. We argued for 3 months then i finally took the car to them and said im not paying for a car i cant drive they then procceded to tell me that they would do whatever they could to help and get me to keep the car well needless to say we didnt take the line of bull. So to end it all they are required by texas state law and federal law to notify me when and if they are going to seel the vehicle to give me a chance to buy it back. They did not they did send me a letter notifing me that it was sold at auction for 3900 and now it is being reported on my credit that I owe them over 8800. So please add me to that list I want everyone in the military to know dont go to drive time they are just a bunch of scam artist.

• Po
    popfts Dec 22, 2009

Holy crap people. Do you not read anything before you sign it? the contract that YOU signed, stated all of this. I am a lawyer and got very interested in this, until i read DTs contract that every customer reads and signs before buying a vehicle from them. and guess what genius. It states that there is a 6 month POWER TRAIN Warranty, which does not cover brakes. also the "Total Loss " program that DT offers states there is a $500 participation fee. also of course they are going to run your credit again, because you are financing a different car from them. so if you didn't like the Mazda, you should not have bought it from them, by signing the contract with them YOU agreed to the limited warranty they offer, YOU agreed to the price and YOU agreed to pay it off. so by giving it back, YOU DO owe them the balance of the car, and it should be on your credit, so other dealers see that you like to play the victim and don't pay your bills.

• Fw
    F Wells Apr 02, 2010

Some attorney you are!!! you simply don't get it do you...it's easier said than done as far as that crapy contract because you can buy the lot probably. They are still taking advantage of poor people and it has to stop..It is predatory lending in the fullest and you're to stupid of an attorney to see that innoscent people are getting ripped off..What you don't know is that they give you a spill when you are signing the contract and they get people when they are anxious and feeling good about being able to buy a vehicle so does this give them the right to sell TRASH and charge prices of a Luxury vehicle? You do the math..Mr. expert!!

F Wells

VERY WELL SAID!!

Resolved freudulent company

Unfortunately I have to say that I am part of the Drive Time's victims. I putted myself in the middle of...

Resolved harassed and threatened

I am so appalled at this company, for starters as anyone who has purchased a car from drivetime you know that they have you so upside down in a loan and at such a ridiculous rate that you will never be able to finishing paying but since your credit is less than desirable they have you, more like they prey on you.

My husband is active duty and because of this I had to leave my job causing a significant loss of income, I explained this to them every time they call which was twice a day but this time they have gone too far, I answer the phone to explain that I will either be returning the pos or i have a friend who may be able to take over my payments after explaining a resolution to the said debt she then proceeds to ask me why I haven't been paying, again after I explained why. We began discussing SCRA and she tells me to have him add himself to the loan, I explained to her that I wasn't able to because he was away at boot camp and even if we did I wouldn't be able to continue paying, this woman has enough nerve to tell me she will be contacting his commanding officer about my personal debt, because this doesn't look good for my husband.

I was so upset, that I called drivetime to lodge a complaint and the woman on that end ask me what I thought they would do, that they would be following up and reporting this to his commanding officer!!! I was so furious, I told her that is illegal that she cannot contact a third party about this debt and she told she could and would, that I needed to get my facts straight, I then explained that he wasn't even on my loan and it was drawn prior to marriage, this woman then says that I was correct that they couldn't do that.

The frustrating part is that violates the fair debt collecting act on many levels, she cannot contact a third party regardless if he was on my loan or not, and who is so disrespectful to threaten someone with that.

This company should be sued and shut down for their behavior and loan sharking!!!

I have filed a complaint with every possible company, I suggest you all do the same, so something can be done about this rip off joint.
The FTC complies complaints to build a pattern of bad business practices against a company then takes action.

Fair Trade FTC.gov
Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
Attorney Generals Office naag.org
Florida Office of Financial Regulation flofr.com

And I am still not done, I have never been so embarrassed and offended. The worst part is I wasn't arguing with them about the debt or trying to fight, I was trying to resolve the matter and this is the treatment that I received.

• Dr
    DriveTimeisaRipOff Oct 20, 2009

I agree!!! My husband has been in the hospital for two weeks (he's still there!). We got behind on our payments and they are calling a zillion times a day AND calling my friends and family.

They called today and left a message that they would be able to offer some assistance. I made two payments last week. I called her back (Irene) and she says, nope, I just needed you to call back! When I challenged her about lying, she said, "I'm just not going to get into that with you."

These people are unethical, unprofessional and probably breaking so many laws. They are the WORST car company I've ever used and I will NEVER use them again. PLEASE DON'T BUY FROM THIS COMPANY, you will regret it!!

• Cr
    creditguru Nov 28, 2009

Your friends and family were listed as references so they can call them all they want. And your husbands commanding officer was listed as his boss they can call him too.

Resolved excessive harrassment

If you are late one day with your car payment.. no matter the reason... Drive Time will repetitively call every person on your reference list. They have made my life and the lives of my family and friends a living hell!!!

If you are on time with your monthly payments .. Drive Time will repetitively call you to remind you that you have a payment due. Drive Time calls this a courtesy, but it is still another form of harrassment!!!

DO NOT DEAL WITH DRIVETIME!!! UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE HARRASSED ALONG WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!!

• Bs
    bsimmons2 Oct 06, 2009

I am in the same situation. Is there any way to stop them from calling my references???

• Co
    commonsense254 Dec 04, 2009

First things first... If you pay your payment on time they will not call you. They only call your references if you do not answer the phone. DriveTime is always willing to help you, if you keep the lines of communication open and let them know whats going on. As for the people that are upset about reposession after the first payment being late... The managers state, at the time of sale, how important it is to pay the first three payments on time for that reason. It automatically puts the vehicle out for reposession if the customer is delinquent on the first payment or if the down payment bounces unless you can prove that it is a bank error. Any company does this! Nothing is free!! If you get something you have to pay for it!! If you dont make your payments, what company wouldn't call!!! If you know of one that is selling things and you don't have to pay it back let me know because i will be all over that!!

• Po
    popfts Dec 22, 2009

You agreed to them calling your references when you filled out your finance packet with them. what are you whining for.. If you paid on time, like YOU agreed to in your contract you would not have this problem. Drive Time is one of FEW "Bad Credit" car dealers that actually helps people. they warranted your car, the did not sell you a lemon for twice its value at 80% interest. maybe before you bash a company who has done NOTHING THAT YOU DIDNT AGREE TOO, You should read your contract and make your payments on time.

For Commonsense254-
    Actually they do call you even if you make your payments on time. If you pay biweekly they call once a week to see when your coming in to make your next payment. Which is none of their business as long as its paid by the due date. My son always paid his payments on time. He even set up automatic payments when he joined the Air Force and took Drive Time a copy of the allotment to put in his file. They knew they would receive a payment the 1st and 15th of every month per a government allotment. He left them his information regarding when he was leaving for basic training, where is was going for basic training and how long he would be in school after basic training and where the car would be while he was gone. Drive Time called him every week to see when he would be coming in to make his next payment. After the first 3 weeks when they couldn't reach him they called me on my cell and at work every week and if they got my voicemail they continued to call till they reached me. You think its right for a company who has received every payment on time for over year and has on their computer and in a file the exact days they will be paid to call someone while they are in training to serve this country? I will tell you that the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Dept of Defense did not and Drive Time paid a hefty fine!

Popfts
    Again I have to say the Drive Time you deal with must not be in the state I live in. My son needed a car because he worked two jobs and the motor blew in his previous car. Due to an extended hospital stay he had some credit issues. He saw a car he liked it drove great during his test drive. A week later the transmission went out, so he went without it for 3 weeks. Then the clutch went out which was not covered under the limited warranty. So it came out of pocket. My son brought the car to me when he left for basic training along with all the paper work. I looked the car up on KBB which had the dealer price on that car listed at $6, 000. The sticker on the window which he kept said $12, 000 so they charged him almost double the value of the car along with a 21% interest. Hell why not rip off a 22 year old just trying to make a living! Under the Soldiers and Sailors act If a person earns less money in the military than they did as a civilian, its mandatory that all loans and credit cards they had prior to joining the service can not have an interest rate any higher than 6%. Drive Time refused to lower the interest rate although the were very insistant that they fully understood what the Soldiers and Sailors Act was. They don't care about people, they over price their cars, give people payments they know they can't afford because they know they can repo the car and resell it. I was glad that my son got stationed outside of the U.S because under the Soldiers and Sailors Act if they get sent out of the country or deployed they can give the car back to the dealer with out any repercussions on their credit report.I have to say that the Drive Time here paid out some good money for not dropping the interest rate. Maybe the one you deal with is a good dealership. But the one here is nothing but legal loan sharking.

Resolved lies to customers and takes advantage of people needing second chance financing

I had purchased a car from Drivetime in April 2008 and made every payment on time, and of $202.02 bi-weekly...

Resolved drive time/ ugly duckling

I am interested in the Drive Time class action suite. I purchased a Suzki esteem in 2001, paid bi weekly. Vountarly returned the vehicle in 2005, in good conditon and I am slaped with wage garnishments from a collection agency Persolve LLC, that lied and said I was served Papers. I believe my Information was given out third party. I am seeking Legal advice. Drive Time waited six years, before the collection agency started to garnish my wages. The vehicle has been sold in a public auction. I am unable to not only pay for a car that I do not own, but being ripped off, for another 16, 000. Is constitutionally wrong. Drive Time has to be stopped.

• Mr
    MR.R Nov 03, 2009

everything you hear about drivetime is true. I got a car from them 3 years ago and the trans started to go bad about 3 months down the road, and when i called them about it they told me it was out of warranty and i had to pay for it out of my pocket. So oneday i took the car back to them and gave them the keys and 2 years and some months later i get a court order on my door about they want 13, 000 for the car, 5, 000 for the interest and 1, 500 for lawyer fees and court fees and i have 30 days to answer to the charges so now i dont know what to do. DO NOT GO TO DRIVETIME PLEASE

• Fu
    Furious in Charlotte Mar 15, 2010

I agree...Drive Time is such a rip-off!!! I was in a bad space and was crazy enough to sign a contract with Drive Time...Now I am stuck in a situation in which I can't get out of paying over 3 times what this car is worth. I was certainly fast talked into this mess...pressured into this mess. I recently tried to go to a reputable car dealership and trade in this car, but I owe much more than the car is worth and can't get out. Drive Time customer service folks are rude and talk much s--t becdause they know that they have you over a barrell because you signed that contract to pay 22% interest and 3 times what the car is worthed. I am so upset...I would like to simply drop it off...but I know that will cost more problems. I need help...any suggestions? I am interested in the class action law suit also.

Resolved high payments and constant harrassments

We bought a car based on nothing but lies and now we are stuck with a super high car note and upside down in...

Resolved disappointed

I bought a car from Drivetime and not 24 hours later Iam driving home from work and my clutch goes out and of course they cant do anything to help me get home or anothter vehicle while mine is being repaired.There is also wrong information on the web site about auto pay.They also ripe you off by charging an outrageous amount for the cheap vehicle that is not any where near the price it should be... I know I have bad credit but they should not be able to rape me more.I am so dissappointed in this company.I wish I had never used them.

• Kf
    kfrausto Sep 07, 2009

believe me i wish i wouldnt have got the ford taurus that they pushed me to get! my drivers side panal was super glued on and when i first got the car it would stop working will to find out they put a small battery in the car not even supposed to be used in that car and i ended up buying a new one.. my AC is also going out.. oh i am having the worst phone calls and now emails from them for being a day late.. i hope no one ever gets a car from them.. i tried doing that auto pay and they charged me 10 extra dollars.. i dont even like going in there to pay my bill cuz i am afraid i will see some one purchasing a car i swear i will go up there and tell them how awful they are..

• N2
    N2DEEP Apr 27, 2010

I HAVE BEEN WITH THEM FOR AT LEAST 8 YRS I HAVE PAYED OFF THREE CARS THAT WERE OVER PRICED FROM THE START NOW ON THE FOURTH HOW COME THEY CALL ME FOR $20 EVERY OTHER DAY TWO OR THREE TIMES A DAY.THEY WILL CALL OTHER PEOPLE SOMETIMES BEFORE THEY CALL U.HOW CAN THE PEOPLE WE PAY TAXES KEEP LETTING CO LIKE THIS DO WHAT THEY DO SOME BLAME NEEDS TO GO TO LAW MAKERS . HOW MANY OF THEM HAVE CARS FROM DRIVETIME OR CASH ADVANCES. DONT MARK ME BAD CREDIT CAN HAPPEN TO U.I DONT MIND PAYING A LITTLE OVER WHAT THE CAR IS WORTH. VAN 14.000 DRIVETIME PRICE BLUE BOOK 8000 DRIVETIME 20% $20000 U DO THE MATH. WILL NOT OFFER GAP INSURANCE

Resolved unwanted phone calls

I have been getting voicemails from [protected] requesting callback at cell number provided by agency I do...

Resolved my transmission went out under 100,000 miles

My mom went to drive time because she doesnt have the best credit and got a car from drivetime. She paid her biweekly payments for a 03 Ford taurus on time for almost 2years. I took the car to get new tires put on they told me that my alignment wouldnt be completely straight because my car had been wrecked before. So i told my mom and she said they showed her "carfax" saying that it was never in a wreck! So i was kind of confused then a couple monthes ago my transmission went out and i only had 80, 000 miles on the car. Well i couldnt afford to get the trans fixed so i notified drive time that they could pick it up where i had it towed. They told us that they would try to help us get it fixed and would have the owner call. Well he called only to try to make my mom look like a fool and told her she still owed 9700 which the car wasnt even that high when she bought the damn thing! and told her that there was nothing they could do. After a week after telling him to go get it everyday they call my moms house and her work trying to talk to management trying to garnish 25% of her paycheck and threatining her and she told them they could not call her place of business which they have been doing for almost 3 weeks now! They are ridiculous i know my mom doesnt have good credit but they just take advantage of you!

• Li
    Listen2Experience Jan 21, 2010

PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS COMPLAINT AND STAY AWAY FROM DRIVE TIME!! They are only out for themselves and not the consumer. They will call and harass you, your family and friends constantly even if you are ONE day late. They are like finance company MAFIA!