Menu

S
Author of the complaint
7:28 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My story about Drivetime is very similar to the other complaints listed here. I would like to join a class action lawsuit against them. If anyone knows if a lawsuit has been initiated, please post it so other people can join. Thank you.

More DriveTime Automotive Group complaints & reviews

DriveTime Automotive Group - preys on people with badcredit
DriveTime Automotive Group - scam and cheating
DriveTime Automotive Group - drivetime preys on people who need help
DriveTime Automotive Group - scam and cheating!
DriveTime Automotive Group - horrible company
DriveTime Automotive Group - unwanted phone calls
DriveTime Automotive Group - lost insurance check
69 comments
Jun 19, 2022 2:03 pm

I recently purchased a vehicle from DT and 8 days later the motor ceased up. After several days with the mechanic they determined I was sold the Elantra without motor oil in the system.

I call DT and they simply told me to use my warranty. I am going too sue them. I will never set foot back in that place

May 18, 2022 12:34 pm

I need to get in on this lawsuit. DriveTime straight up lied to me regarding Bridgecrest. I was told that if I get into an accident that Bridgecrest would cover the remaining balance. My balance at the time was high and received a payment of a little over $1900.

W
May 07, 2022 8:33 pm

I got a car from drive time in Pittsburgh. 2 weeks after having the car the transmission completely went. I lost the car for a month and a half, after getting a car back from a warranty place that they send you to I had the engine light on. Turns out the place they sent the car to didn't connect the tubes to my turbo properly, which cause an underboost. Hey damn near $400 to get that fixed, go on the road an hour later the engine light comes back on the turbo needs a new wastegate. I go to get that fixed but I can't get that fixed because now the axle seal to my transmission is leaking transmission fluid. I'm at the point where I either lose my utilities or take care of the car that I got off of this place. I have over $1,200 put in this car and I haven't even had it for 9 months. And I still have at least $800 to put in it. My mother-in-law got diagnosed with cancer a month after we got this car I'm struggling to get her to her chemo appointments. I just don't understand how it's fair to sell cars that don't work.

May 04, 2022 11:09 am

I would like to join the lawsuit. Please include me.

R
Apr 06, 2022 9:34 am

I, Brandon Dorsey has an approval with Drivetime online for $395 downt payment and I also made an appointment with Drivetime at 4pm in Downey California so I have everything they told me to bring which is proof of income which is paycheck stubs, driver's license, and the money so during the process I already test drive the car the same day when I had my appointment yesterday April 5th 2022 they told me I need to get transactions from the check cashing place where I cash my checks at so he never told me what time to come back or gave me a time so I left to Inglewood and got transaction summary a print out and

N
Apr 01, 2022 1:21 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I bought the car from drive time two months ago and on top of the transmission issues, radio display not coming on, plus a ton of other issues, now my car will not start at all and I'm pissed. This place is a scam and needs to be shut down immediately!

Mar 16, 2022 11:19 pm

I got a car through drive time Dec 24 2021 ever since I got this car it's been a giant headache. Within the first week day 7 to be exact the back windshield exploded while I was driving. Then after that the car began to shake and it felt as if the car was.going to fall apart. So I took the car to one if the pepboys locations they suggested. Pepboys said it was the transmission. I has the car for 2 months at that time. Pepboys isn't equipped to repair the transmission so I had to take the car to a different mechanic that silverrock sent me to. I put the car in the shop march 3. They are saying that the transmission is fine but it needs a motor mount, shocks and struts. Which get this isn't covered under warranty but the car is unsafe to drive. I contacted customer relations and they said that if after they get the pictures (which this mechanic won't take so I have to take it to yet another mechanic for) and the estimate and decide they won't fix it that it's just the cost of ownership. How am i responsible for a car that should not have been sold in such [censored]ty condition. Help

Mar 14, 2022 9:01 pm

I purchased a car from drivetime in 2015.A 2008 Rava 4 with 72009 miles. MY PAYMENT was 389.00 by weekly. I experienced some bad times fall back on payments The car was repossessed and drivetime financing company Bridgecrest sold the debt to Jefferson Capital and now they are coming after me. I WAS NEVER NOTIFIED. Now they want all my finanical information and employment information. I am worry because I live in proverty. I DON'T have much

S
Mar 05, 2022 6:13 am

I purchased a car from Drive Time on February 3rd since Day 1 of bringing it home problems began, I’ve had to take it back and forth to the mechanic because the car engine light remained on while I was driving and the car was shutting off on me, the car has a low voltage and have over 20 history error codes on it , this whole month I’ve had it it was always at the shop , I love the car it was my very first one I washed it and all but it’s just way too many problems and just yesterday it shut off on me 8 times ,I can’t have that happening with a kid in the backseat and I already lost my job due to no transportation and having to run back and forth to the mechanic, so please get back to me @[email protected]

I want in on thus lawsuit. I purchased a Chevrolet Equinox and it is mot safe. My transmission failed after 2 weeks of buying the car and they will nit fix it. The warranty i purchased is a scam since no garage work with them around me because they claim drive time sells crap card snd they wont get paid for the work they do because " silver rock repairs" is not a actual company.

Dec 26, 2021 12:57 pm

I want in on the lawsuit as well. [email protected]

H
Nov 20, 2021 9:09 pm

Please add me to the list [email protected]

R
Dec 19, 2021 4:43 pm

They do usury interest rates in the state of Ga ..Ruth Bertholf and Charles Bertholf. [email protected]

I
Oct 01, 2021 7:16 pm

How do we file a lawsuit against Drive Time and BridgeCrest for even financing these type of vehicles. Please email me [email protected]

U
Jul 25, 2021 2:41 am

I can’t believe I’m reading this right now. Looks like I wasn’t the only one. I had a very similar situation with these “Companies” as well. Glad they are being called out for the BS they put people through and still affected by it to this day! Please contact me ( [email protected])

Sep 18, 2021 10:28 am
Replying to comment of Upward2022

Any info on thiss plsss
lmk if anything Comes Upp !
@[email protected]

M
Apr 19, 2021 9:54 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I also bought a car from drive time, due to my credit being bad. I year after I bought the front brakes went out. A mechanic told me i had only one front bake, the other was literally in pieces. The tired didn't match, each other. They were bold and had problems with them going flat. I have a grandson who is with me and if i would of wrecked with only one front brake it could of been a nasty out come. I would like to be added to the law suite.
I have asked for them to come get my car and they keep giving me a run around.

May 01, 2021 3:36 pm

ANY INFORMATION YET? PLEASE KEEP ME IN THE LOOP

Jun 16, 2021 5:35 pm
Replying to comment of madgrama

How do i start a lawsuit i have had nonstop problems with check engine light, knocking under the hood and much more since i bought my car in 2016 - its to where im still making payments and can not drive it at all! Then to top it off i pay extra for extended warranty then they told me i didnt have it - then argued with them to say oh yes you do, so they sent me to pep boys paid $100 for them to tell me they are not specialized in transmission after i paid! theres much more - drive time holy takes advantage of people that have bad credit put bandages on cars and sell them for full price and try to say they do the full inspection before they can sell it which is BS I've had problems non-stop since I bought the car 2016 that I cannot drive at this moment and haven't been able to I'm still making payments!

Jul 06, 2021 3:54 pm
Replying to comment of madgrama

I want involved with this lawsuit as well. I have the same issue. Haven’t been able to drive car since year after I got it because of this & then they beg for money

B
Feb 24, 2021 4:49 pm

Id like to join as well

J

My step son bought a car and was financed with BRIDGECREST, he made his payments with in reasonable time, latest was 13 days, other than that on time... had the car for 6 months, car was stolen and was missing for 11 days... his insurance totaled his missing vehicle on day 10 and contacted the lien holder for the payoff.. the lien holder BRIDGECREST advised his insurance company, they had the car and was delivered to their possession... the stolen vehicle was missing for 2 hours, the police contacted the lien holder instead of who was making the payments on the vehicle... so somehow BRIDGECREST was able to repo the car, keep the insurance check for the damages in the vehicle while my step son had been still making his weekly payments to his lien holder, they did not tell him anything about this.

Attached are recent complaints against BRIDGECREST same situation as my step son... attached is his payment record as well. He was making two payments a month to this company. They FIND reasons to repo the cars

Dec 14, 2020 11:50 am

Hi did anyone get any information about a class action lawsuit please email me [email protected]

Jun 16, 2021 5:56 pm

Hello how do i get in on a class action lawsuit on the scammers at drivetime?

Nov 30, 2020 4:47 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Please add me in this as well I got my car a year ago from drive time in Charlotte, I have nothing but issues with this vehicle. I was given a bi weekly payment of 213 dollars on 2012 Toyota Camry SE this my first car. I was going through financial hardship due to personal issues I called and called there was no help I asked to set up an arrangement I was told I’m not able to due to the amount of days I was behind. My car got repossessed during this COVID 19 pandemic and I was basically told I got a stimulus check and I should’ve used it to pay the car note instead of my rent and light bill. I called them for weeks at a time to get some help because my hours were reduced to as little as 4 hrs and two work days. They didn’t care to much just said you should’ve used your stimulus check. I was also called a liar stating they don’t have any record of my phone calls or email I kindly asked for a manager and she stated the same she said that the conversations are not always recorded so NONE of my calls probably weren’t. I was able to get my car back next day after paying down my weeks I owed which in two week increments you get to 3 months a in 1 because they go off of the weeks and not by month. I was already in charge off and they will not reopen my account so I’m pay a company who will take my car if I’m even a day late that will not finance the lemon they sold me. I’m behind 4 days right now and due to high call volume no one answers I’m trying to speak to the charge off department because I need more time the money I was supposed to use for my car note was used to fix my rear tire breaks because it was due time I’ve had the car for a year I change my front brakes in april and they said I wasn’t due new breaks in the back just yet. Fast forward to a week ago I go to get the back brakes changed I was hearing a little squeaking while braking. I bring to a mechanic and as hell pull off my driver side back tire and begins to try and replace the brake he realizes the I had one brake pad ONE brake pad the reasoning behind the one brake pad is because the caliper was all the way extended out. The mechanic stated I could’ve been seriously injured due to this and that I need to call the company ASAP and have them look at my car which they will not because I do not have warranty. I hate drive time and I hate bridgecrest ! Add me in please @[email protected]

Oct 22, 2020 1:11 am

I really thinks they preys on me. Because of my bad credit, they sold me a car that they told me my payment would be a monthly payment then after I find out it was a bi weekly payment, I could not return the car, and I have a highly payment every 2 weeks. I want to join.

Oct 22, 2020 1:02 am

Hello is it still open I would love to join

Dec 13, 2019 2:29 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I'm so sorry for each and everyone here posting all of their horrific stories. it's really bad business to say the least. every since I purchase my vehicle from drive time on march 9, 2019, I have had nothing but issues with the vehicle. you have the 30 day warranty which is a given, but it's just terrible when the 30 day warranty is not honored or covered. excuses...! just ridiculous. but even further is when you have paid for the extended warranty, and problems arise, and then more excuses for not repairing issues with a vehicle in which you have put your hard earned money down on, and silverrock, yesssssss... silverrock finds all kinds of excuses not to repair the vehicle for issues that are part of the extended warranty. they send out their adjusters to their assigned vendors, and yet still nothing is done and the claims are denied because their adjusters say there's nothing wrong with the vehicle, even though the shops have diagnosed problems with the vehicle. I feel as if it's all deliberate in a way to just deny repairing individuals vehicles. this is wrong and completely so. drive time is selling these cars to individuals and in the process of all of the matter is simply the fact that when something goes wrong with these vehicles, they're not being repaired point blank! both parties must be held accountable for these actions..., that's it! this is totally wrong! customers as myself and everyone else that has paid their hard earned money deserve to be treated in the correct and proper manner period! it's to the point of no means of the treatment that everyone has been done and treated. they've received your down payment for a vehicle, but to sell lemons... is just wrong. companies are out to make money... & literally, even if they sell vehicles that they know have all types of problems and issues. they shine them up, and make the vehicle look so good, take you on test drives etc... hurry to do paperwork etc... and as soon as you give your all mighty dollar to them, it's a done deal. day, or days later you experience problems, some not too bad and some not too too bad, and some just atrocious...! now your in a position where as you have no transportation with this vehicle, unable to drive it, and if you are still able to drive it somewhat, your scared senseless trying to go somewhere..., to work, to pick up your kids, to do errands or whatever it is in which you really need your transportation to get around. there's nothing worst then just purchasing a vehicle and then having problems. it's horrible...! and then contacting the place in which you purchased the vehicle and only to be given the run around from the dealership and the company that handles the warranty! drives us all completely crazy and insane! it's all wrong...! how do companies just do business each and every day for years and conduct business this way? i'm so done with this type of unethical manner period...! i'm so done! everyone reading this post including drive time, silver rock, and all other parties affiliated, just know that the consumers have had enough of the bs! customer service is everything...! if you cannot provide customer service in an honest way, then you should not be in business. bad business is bad business period! no excuses for such poor service to customers that have spent their money on vehicles that are causing so many problems. stand by your product by all means...! how would you feel if this happened to you? literally..., paying for vehicles that are costing one's to pay out of pocket to repair, and many do not have money to fix a car in which they have just purchased! this is ridiculous, and it is no matter what you think. it's wrong to do people this way...! I will speak my truth. what goes around...comes around...! that's for each & everyone in life, business, family, friends, unknowns...! when you have lucrative business and you deliberately do wrong to others, what is done in the dark will come to light... it will be revealed. ugly is just ugly and there is no way around doing bad business period! i've said enough, and you all know who i'm speaking on because you know the ugly side of your bad deeds for gain of money from hard working individuals...! shame on you! make it right! do right by others by all means. doing other's wrong off the sweat of their brow, it's definitely not right by any means whatsoever. think on what i'm saying here. sitting back and typing your company concern needs honest means and not just words. action to help people that have spend their hard earned money on vehicles that they purchased, and not the vehicles no longer work, the vehicles are having problems etc..., just stand by your word and pay for the repairs. it's simple, just pay for the repairs that's all. stop doing people wrong. it's just unfair. making money is making money! you already received the down payments... some of these vehicles came from who knows where, and all shined up and looking good etc... test drive for a moment, paperwork done and down payment made. bammmmm... gotcha... you got us alll... but then car problems that no one cares about nor want to repair! most of the buyers don't have money like that, and it's not right to do this to people. please care, and please care about everyone that has went to drive time and as well as other dealerships and purchased vehicles and placed their trust in buying a vehicle. but to have problems that no one cares to repair..., it's just all wrong. please fix the problems. people work hard as you know what! working hard, taking care of their families, and literally so. it's very frustrating to do people wrong like this. to treat people unfairly is heartless. I can go on and on here, but I think I have said enough.

Aug 26, 2019 6:18 pm

i purchased and am still paying on a 2014 dodge journey. the transmission went out it was covered under warranty silver rock who is owned by bridgecrest and drivetime sent a used and might i add broken transmission. they are refusing to cover it. does this fall under the act

Aug 21, 2019 8:55 am

We would love to join the lawsuit... under no circumstances should my daughter have been given a loan in the first place, her credit score was 530 she couldn’t even get a checking account, she makes all her bill payments through my account.. how in the hell do they get away with this. Needless to say the car was repoed ... they totally set her up for failure knowing all of this.

Aug 13, 2019 5:09 pm

[email protected] I want to join

Aug 13, 2019 5:09 pm

I want to join the lawsuit

Aug 13, 2019 5:08 pm

I purchase a car from Drivetime that had problems from day one. I tried the take it back before the 5 days was up.They wouldn’t let me return.

Jul 30, 2019 8:37 pm

Please add me to the lawsuit. I have a 2010 Volvo c70 that I've owned for 3 years. Within these 3 years I've spent $2000 to have the car repaired, with about another $2000 to go in order for the car to run properly. Also my payoff amount right now is in the ballpark of $14000, and the payoff date is June of 2022. I agree Drivetime/Bridgecrest needs to be investigated about their business practices, as do all national "Buy here/Pay here" dealers need to be. Please contact me at [email protected]

Jul 15, 2019 5:26 pm

I would like to be added to the class action lawsuit. I basically have a similar story and I've been going through it for about 5 months almost. They sold me a high price lemon and nothing works in the car.

Jul 15, 2019 11:36 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

bridge crest is a big rip off n should be close down i payed over 20.000 for 2010 Chevy Malibu n 2 yrs that the transmission went out n they wouldn't help me wit putting a payment on the back so i can fix the car transmission for that car was over 2000 then they repo my car n still asking me 2 pay them 303 for 12 months n we can call it even .i want to be on tis lawsuit please help

A
Jun 15, 2019 8:06 am

I would love to be added to any lawsuit being done to Drivetime. I bought my car 6 months ago and have had to either replace a part or take it to the shop about 5 times already.

Jul 15, 2019 5:24 pm
Replying to comment of Anna Lopez

Has anyone reached out to you?

A
Jul 22, 2019 5:54 pm

No, no one has. I have 2 new problems that just came up with the car.

E
Jun 08, 2019 11:15 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DriveTime filed a lawsuit against me two weeks ago because 3 years ago I towed the car I bought, (Ford Fusion), back to them and handed them the keys and walked away. I had asked for help many many times because the car was falling apart and they didn’t help and they said that I couldn’t return the car, but I wasn’t going to keep a car that I couldn’t drive. Now 3 years later they are suing me because I have failed to make payments and violated the contract.

May 08, 2019 1:57 pm

Can someone please post who the attorney is that is representing this lawsuit that everyone is getting added to? It does not appear that all these emails are actually being added to a list or being actually represented. Thank you

E
Apr 29, 2019 10:18 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I would like to be added the following lawsuit against DriveTime Automotive. Please contact me @ ([email protected])

C
Feb 27, 2019 5:23 pm

We are having a lot of issues with Drive Time and would like to be added to this lawsuit my email is [email protected]

V
Feb 04, 2019 1:20 pm

I purchased a 2015 kia optima in 2018 march and its been in the shop since November the engine went out. add me to the lawsuit [email protected]

V
Feb 04, 2019 1:17 pm

I am dealing with the same issue please add me to the class action law suit [email protected]
I bought my car last year in march and the engine is gone.

W
Nov 18, 2018 8:55 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Drive Time has done the same to me, purchased this crap car last year and all I have had is problem. They claimed my issues aren't under there warranty. I have to keep coming out of my pocket for repairs. Add me to this lawsuit. Email me at [email protected]

Nov 08, 2018 12:02 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I just purchased a car a DriveTime in Schaumburg Illinois on October 15th. I had to return to the dealer the very next day because I noticed the evening before that my headlight was flickering. Literally two days after that my front passenger tire went flat. The weather here in Chicago is changing fast and had gotten pretty cold within the next few days.less than 2 weeks after the purchase my car hesitated to start in the early morning cold and now my vent makes a clicking sound when I turn it on. How is this possible when I haven’t even made my first car payment? I googled the dealership to try and get hours for the service department and the results were “this location is permanently closed”. Less than 3 weeks and the location I bought the vehicle from is not even open anymore. So I googled the nearest location and gave them a call to try and take advantage of the 30 days warranty for the issues the car already has. I was told that I can NOT bring the vehicle to one of their mechanics I’d have to call Silver Rock and file a claim. I called Silver Rock and was given a website (sr-repairs.com) to file a claim which then lead me to local mechanics in my area. I don’t understand how this process can be so hard. I feel completely dooped into this bad car and even worse contract and I want out. I’d rather Uber than go through 60 months of hell with this vehicle. Please help I’m anyw you can. Email me at [email protected]

C
Nov 06, 2018 10:38 am

i purchased a car from drivetime. within a month the transmisson went out at 55k miles. they replaced my car after days of me yelling at them. a year later the new car they gave me is out again at 55k miles. i find something is really fishy going on, what can i do?! i want in! [email protected]

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

285 complaints