DriveTime Automotive Group Logo

DriveTime Automotive Group

Having problems with DriveTime Automotive Group?

DriveTime Automotive Group Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 418 1212 (Customer Service)
+1 800 813 5883 (Lease Inquiries)
+1 800 460 0104 (Get Approved or Schedule a Visit)
+1 888 781 5649 (Aeverex Warranty)
+1 866 387 3724 (DriveTime Warranty)
+1 800 967 8526 (Make A Payment)
4020 E. Indian School Road
Phoenix, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with DriveTime Automotive Group Customer Service. Initial DriveTime Automotive Group complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for DriveTime Automotive Group above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about DriveTime Automotive Group. Discuss the issues you have had with DriveTime Automotive Group and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

DriveTime Automotive Group Complaints & Reviews

DriveTime Automotive GroupMy truck is really bad with rust

I bought a truck in august 24, 2017 there were several things later on that I realized were covered up they had covered some rust spots that are now shown through the hole corner of the drivers side bumper is eaten through with rust, and undercarriage is rusted to the point that the shackles are going to break. There was 102, 000 on the truck when I purchased it and I have only put 50, 000 on it in 4 years it should not be in that condition. And I still have until 2/25/2023 to may it off! I feel I have been taken advantage of and am very dissatisfied.

Nov 11, 2020

DriveTime Automotive Group — Car loan scam

HI ALL. Pleased to meet you. I purchased a VW JETTA IN JANUARY OF 2016 ON A 4 YEAR LEASE TERM at 24%...

Drivetime and BridgecrestThese two companies are working together to force you into a loan that you will pay just interest. Very hard to payoff your loan

Please add me, I would love to be a big part of this. My wife and I purchase our car from Dive Time in Fayetteville, N.C. We have got great service out of this car. But when it got to the point that we just might want to trade-In for another one some where else. We had called to get out payoff balance. What we had discover was a shocking to our ears. We paid $17, 500 at the beginning. Three years later we were owe the same $17, 500 on the car. Drive Time and Bridge Crest Financial, put us into a (Daily Interest Loan ) that we never signed up for when we purchase the car. the loan will compound daily interest every day. So there fore the loan is to hard to pay off. So now we are unable to trade or pay off this type. They said that this were a good way for us to go. LIE, LIE, LIES By the way, we have never miss a payment. These two companies are working hand by hand as a team together. They are a family team. They own both the Dealership and the Loan company.

DriveTime Automotive GroupSilverrock warranty

Bought 2008 f150 in 2018 with in 30 days took it in for service at ntb ok. They told silverrock it need an engine then now 18 000 miles later the timing chain I belevie is out but helfman ford dealership told silver rock again it needs an engine for the second time and on both times silver said no to replacing the engine this time tho their saying its cause I don't have proper maintenance records and denying the claim cause theirs engine oil sludge in the engine, hell the truck is 14 years old tell what engine at 14 years old doesn't have some sludge build up

DriveTime Automotive GroupChevy malibu max

Day 6 after I purchased the car I coudn't get it to crank and was advised that the 5 day return policy was no longer valid. Then a month later I invested $150 in a gas pump. The same day I had to take the car back because the gas pump was still leaking. The last issue with this particular car happen 6 months after it was paid off. The electrical system failed while I was driving. I nearly wrecked. Prior to this incident they tried to add an additional $600 to my closing cost and I never received an additional key for my car (even though the rep specifically told me that they kept a key in the case of a repo.). I was desperate and paid $11 grand out for a lemon.

DriveTime Automotive GroupBought a car and have serve issues

I bought a car in May of 2017, Within the first few months of having the vehicle the engine light came on. It was the CAT converter after $1000 to get it fix the error code wont go away. We also changed the O2 sensors and the Muffler, but that code wont go away so Its impossible to get my car inspected in the state of PA. In 2019 the Water pump exploded while driving it. Also the radiator cracked and now I am having serious Transmission problems that should still be covered but because the CAT code is still on the 2 shops I took it to "cant find anything wrong" with it even though it will not shift going up a hill and also slip when driving it. I am paying over 400 dollars a month for a car I had to wipe the system to get to pass the PA emissions/ PA inspection.

DriveTime Automotive Group2012 dodge journey

2018 I purchased a 2012 dodge journey the price was $17, 000 when I left drive time the car was $28, 000+. Now it's 2020 two years later I have paid $13, 000+. I ask drive time to reconsider my contract I was told that drive time can't do that even tho I have made all my payments on time. $173 goes towards the principal and $64 goes towards the car weekly and I still owe $14, 000 they prey on people with bad credit. Not to mention the harassing phone calls/emails about payments even tho I pay on time. the better business bureau need to investigate drive time. Please sign me up no one deserves to be treated like this.

DriveTime Automotive GroupFinance charges

I wish to dispute how I am am charged
              I have been charged interest on add on products like the warranty and gap Insurance, I was also dinged for a late payment last November and a mis reporting to credit agencies this February.
              I have asked to make additional payment directly to principle and it simply has not been done in the way that I requested.
              I fully understand that the loans are high risk, and do expect to pay a slightly higher interest rate due to my credit score, however I do not expect to be charged loan shark type interest.
              Isn't there a federal maximum as to how much a person can be charged in finance charges?
              [protected]@gmail.com

DriveTime Automotive GroupChamp program

The program does not give credit for rewards toward the lease 20 dollars every month that you pay.. It leased 2006 cars for double the amount on cars 10 years old.. Does not offer a upgrade like it states.. Its just bad loans and lease program.. Drivetime should be sued just like santander consumer usa is being sued.. Ally bank is the bank for drivetime and they now are also called brdigecrest and their service provider is silver rock they stop giving free oil changes which state in the contract for the life of the lease or loan i'm at the end of my lease and they have not said anything about the reward program.. I called a last year and was told they no longer have the lease program.. Why? And what about the people who you already have under a contract..

DriveTime Automotive GroupCredit reporting

After I purchased a drive time vehicle no more than 2 months later it starts to tear up. All the harassing phone calls minutes apart and them not reporting correct balances and payment history to credit agencies. My balance on paper would say some ridiculous amount and the amount I've paid down would never Match my credit report. Eventually after my 9th major repair I bought another vehicle and told them to come get their car.. Turns out that car was only worth 5000.00 and they charged me over 20 thousand and my insurance company doesn't wont to deal with them anymore especially if the vehicle is in an accident they would ask for a ridiculous amount to pay off .. That is my complaint this company hurts more people than they help the owners should be ashamed .

Feb 26, 2020

DriveTime Automotive Group — Sold me a lemon car

Hello my name is gevonna Williams I bought a 2104 Chevy Malibu from drive time salesperson is Joseph he knew...

Feb 16, 2020

DriveTime Automotive Group — 2008 jeep compass

I got a 2008 jeep compass from them. Started having issues with it from start. They kept putting me off about...

DriveTime Automotive GroupWrongful repossession, they actually owe me money

Bridgecrest repossed my vehicle 24 days passed the due date. At the time of repossession I had paid 155.00 dollars in advance. So they actually owe me money. I wasnt informed of where to pick up my contents or who to contact. They violated state law. Not only was my rights violated but the vehicle was taken to drive time on memorial in tulsa, ok, and they have yet to return my contents. This organization is a scam who preys on those who've had credit issues in the past. The salesperson even told me drive time, "owns their own bank".

DriveTime Automotive GroupA car I purchased from them

I bought a Lexus from them and I felt like I was coerced into signing the documents along with not fully understanding the contracts. I know now that was a lesson to be learned but unfortunately it was to late. I struggled to make the payment for quite some time and finally it was repossessed, on my wedding day at that. Now they are suing me for an outrageous amount over and above what the car was worth. They have filed the suit. How can they do that when they already took the car and my payment made were way more than the value of the car?

Jan 16, 2020

DriveTime Automotive Group — 2013 nissan juke

I purchase this vehicle in Nov 2019. 2 days afterwards, I started having problems ie noise from rear end of...

Jan 09, 2020

DriveTime Automotive Group — Vehicle

Alright seems like I am in the same boat as everyone else on here however I will be taking action soon I am...

DriveTime Automotive GroupCar sold to me through drivetime

It's a long story I went through two years of court dates had an arbitration just to lose they want $14, 000 for a car that's not even valued at 7 thousand not only have they put a garnishment against my wages but they've also repo the vehicle six months after the arbitration date they did illegal debt collection and now I'm being told there's nothing they can do to help me

DriveTime Automotive GroupVehicle repairs and shoddy business practice

My husband purchased a 2009 Ford Flex at Drivetime. It ran for 8 months we thought with no problems. In October of 2019, we had to take it to the mechanic of course it was not one the Warranty company wanted us to take it too, but we were not driving the vehicle over 50 miles to where they wanted it nor were we having it towed since they were only going to reimburse us 75 dollars for over a 300 tow. Upon inspection the control module for the fan assembly quit working, that's understandable. But then the next thing found wrong is that the transmission was failing fluid was full but burnt. along with that the control arm boot was torn on the drivers side and the sway bar links on the passenger side needed replaced. That right there should of been dealt with immediately before selling the car. No codes came up when checking the transmission. After month we received car back. Not even a month have we had it we now have to take back for repairs for the same problem.

Dec 05, 2019

DriveTime Automotive Group — Over charging

Over charging me way to much 16,000 in interest when the car was only 16,000 to begin with told me that I wa...

Dec 02, 2019

DriveTime Automotive Group — Faulty vehicle

I leased a Chevrolet Equinox in April of 2019. Since day one I've had nothing but issues. I purchased GAAP...