Dollar General — not getting a refund of double charge.
On July 1, 2019, I purchased two Lego sets and a few greeting cards. When I wrote a check for $32.08 the cashier had trouble running it through the register and the check kept getting jammed. Instead I used my debit card and she still had trouble with it. It finally worked, but the register would not print a receipt. I went ahead and left, thinking all was well...I got my bank statement in the mail today and found I was double charged for this amount. I went to the store and asked about it, Manager told me there was nothing she could do, as it was all handled at the Corporate Office. She gave me someone elses receipt after tearing part of it off and told me to do the survey to get my money back. I called the 1-877-463-1553 number and was referred to 1-800-678-9258, called this number and was told to call 1-615-855-4757. By this time their offices were closed and I left a message. If this was only for a couple of dollars I would just let it go, but $32.08 is more than I care to lose. My name is Gyla Jean Wills and my phone # is [protected] I would like to hear from you as soon as possible. Thank you in advance.
More Dollar General Complaints & Reviews
- Dollar General - dress code
- Dollar General - store hours
- Dollar General - tired manager
- Dollar General / Clover Valley / Dolgen Corp. - downsizing product / same price
- Dollar General Reloadable Visa - never had 70.00 loaded on card and can not get company they say has to load it!
- Dollar General - customer service
- Dollar General - store
- Dollar General - hiring process
- Dollar General - customer service/one employee working
- Hilmar Dollar General - former employee