Complaints & Reviews

Dish Network / Dish.comMessage on screen saying no interruption in service due to covid-+8 but service was interrupted

The screen message clearly says that there will be no interruption in service for non payment because of covid-19 but our service was temporarily shut off my 1st call resulted in partial service being restored but not kid channels and we dont have a huge package to start with.. but when I called back I was told that all shows would be turned back off on two local channels would remain on even though I told person on phone I would pay bill on the 1st which is only 3 days from now...

Dish Network / Dish.comDish network 2 year contract

Around the time frame of march 2019, I spoke with a representative about receiving an upgrade to dish equipment. I stated that there was nothing wrong with the equipment that I had, but that it was the original receiver - I had been a customer for 6+ years.

The representative explained that it would be a 2 yr contract, which was fine.

Shortly after the equipment was delivered/setup, I discovered that the was really no additional functionality from the previous equipment.

I called and explained this and was told that they could upgrade me to a Hopper 3, and waive the 150 installation cost. I declined because that would still require me to pay additional monthly fees. I did not want a 2 yr contract for no additional functionality...I was happy with what I had, and was not looking for additional costs. I was told that I qualified for upgrade because I was a long time loyal customer. The senior service rep stated that he would "see what he could do, " and promised to call or email me. I never heard back and did not have time to spare.

This contract was disputed within 7 days of "signing, " and this issue appears predatory/ deceptive in my opinion. The equipment I received...I never wanted, but once they removed the old equipment there was nothing I could do to get it back. It surely does not seem fair to a loyal customer. I would ask that dish network void the remaining 12 months of the contract.

chadt41 Mar 02, 2020

You listed exactly zero reasons why they should void the contract. You calling within 7 days does not mean anything, as the contract you signed states that you are satisfied and agree with everything you received. There is no grace period, nor are there any state laws that enforce a grace period for this type of contract.

Jay Boud Mar 02, 2020

@chadt41 That is why its predatory...what exactly is the recourse once the equipment is gone? Are you telling me that it makes since to be stuck with a 2yr contract for something I didnt want? I called the next day once I determined that they gave me a shiny new receiver in exchange for a 2yr contract, it was deceptive, in the fact that the receiver I was told I'd be getting was not what I received...it did nothing differently.

Kmart 9459 Mar 02, 2020

@Jay Boud I don't see how its predatory since you seeked them out. It's your fault for not doing research to find out that the new receiver's didn't have any new functionality that you were interested in. The new functionality the receivers have is voice command, Netflix app enabled, and Alexa equipped. For most people these new functions would have zero appeal. In order for something to be considered predatory or deceptive it must make factual claims that are not true, and/or put you in a contract you can not afford but must have for your survival. They didn't make any claims that weren't true, and you don't have to have satellite television.

I'm sure Dish Network would have rather you stayed with your old equipment, and had you not gone to them seeking out the new equipment they would have never gone to you trying to get you to upgrade.

chadt41 Mar 02, 2020

@Jay Boud Then why did you sign the agreement before the tech left saying it is to your satisfaction and installed correctly? You’re missing that very important detail. The onus is on you, here. You called the next day... great, there is still no grace period. Like most contracts, it is in effect upon signing.

Dish Network / Dish.comonline agent and installation date

my name is Paul dellorusso my acount number is: [protected] I had set up my dish order online with ur online agent maphatrica rumbaoa i had she told me she had an opening to get dish installed on same day, i told her that was very quick could i get instalation wensday next day she said next avaiable appointment was friday the 7 th i told her i could not do friday and i told her that today tues would be ok so she told me that the installers would be there between 12 pm and 5 pm so she made mistake and set up instaltion on friday, now i took whole day off from work with no pay to sit here all day and no instalation because she screwed up and set it up for friday the 7 th, now im not happy because i cant get intalation till friday, u can read out conversation and see that i explained i could not do friday and she was so incompitant she set it up for friday instead of today, i want to know what u r going to do for me before i cancel this order, i am not happy and want some compinsation, if i dont get installment by wed i want to get cominsated if not i will cancel order

Dish Network / Dish.comre-installation of dish.

While installing the dish, after I just had my roof replaced one week prior, the tech cut up the metal drip edge without asking. I would have NEVER had him do that if he asked. The mount should have been screwed in to the drip edge horizontally, not vertically.
I am an insurance adjuster and I have never seen this done. Water will now start decaying (rotting) the 2x4 fascia wood under the drip edge. Also, to replace the 10LF of drip edge on the gable end, the shingles on the slope will require replacement. A soon to be prior customer. 209 bella coola drive.

re-installation of dish.

Kmart 9459 Feb 04, 2020

You can't install a dish horizontally, they have to be vertical, if not the azimuth will never be correct. The right water to install a dish is to install it on top of the Drip edge using bolts with gaskets without bending up the drip edge. From the looks of the installation though I don't think you are going to have issue with fascia board getting water damage since you got a fascia metal cover underneath the metal drip edge cover which is between mount for the dish as long as some sort of sealant is used. Main issue is that the mount only has bolts in the top holes and nothing holding the bottom of the mount in place, when the wind gusts the dish will rock back and forth until it tears out the bolts and you will be constantly loosing signal when it starts to loosen up..

Dish Network / Dish.compicking hughesnet as internet provider

the mistake dish made was getting hughesnet as the internet provider, they damaged my handyman business by taking almost 3 weeks to give me my original phone # back & by that time i lost a few customers who could NOT contact me at all !!! if anything, dish messed up my side business & should pay me for the lost money for getting hughesnet to provide me with phone/internet svc that was NOT working, calls were being dropped due to satellite interference, their customer svc was very poor & they took a month or more to send me a box to return their equipment & by that time they incurred charges for no service to me !! to add insult to injury, you, DISH, want me to pay you for the damage you caused by getting the crappy hughesnet !!!
please fix this mess as it is wrong on your part to charge me for crappy internet/phone svc you suggested !!! i would have NEVER picked hughesnet as i heard horror stories about their svc, you, DISH, caused the damage so please rethink this bill you are sending me,
many thanks,
Your balance is due Total Amount Due
Immediately $564.70
Billing Period 01/24/20 - 02/23/20

chadt41 Jan 30, 2020

Next time, read your agreement. Unfortunately, You have absolutely no case.

Dish Network / Dish.comservice cancellation due to dish's failure to place the account on pause

Please be advised that although we had notified DISH to place our account on pause, DISH failed to do so and has billed us for December 2019 and January 2020 for service. As was relayed to very unprofessional and rude DISH representatives, the bill for Dec 2019 and Jan 2020 are not justified. Unfortunately, they refused to do so and continued to be rude and unprofessional and did not recognize our loyalty for being a customer for the past decade. Therefore, please be advised that we had no choice BUT TO TERMINATE THE ACCOUNT AND FURTHER BE ADVISED THAT THE BILL FOR THE MONTHS OF DEC 2019 AND JAN 2020 ARE NOT VALID. Please be forewarned that we will file a complaint against DISH if this situation is not corrected

chadt41 Jan 28, 2020

Who are you forewarning, considering this is an independent site not monitored by Dish?

chadt41 Jan 30, 2020

Should also be mentioned, just saying those bills are not valid, will not change them from moving forward to valid collections.

Dish Network / Dish.comdiscontinued channels

I feel that when I signed up for their service they should have told me that they were working on discontinuing channels. I signed up in May and now I am bound to contract for 2 years. Also, I had an elderly family member switch which makes me feel bad. Withholding information is against the law and there should be routes that support the customer. DISH's way of making it "look" like they have these problem solving ways are intentionally structured to NOT help the customer but block them. I have read reviews where after waiting an hour or more then they get hung up on. DISH is making multi millions of dollars on their customers, enticing them to come to their services then setting it up for No Problem solving geared for the customer. If you look at their site everything is "for them". How unethical is that and where is our world headed. It's like manipulating them to join their service and holding them hostage by contract then not giving them/us any way out, problem solve, communication to fix the problem, etc. it's all THEM.

chadt41 Jan 28, 2020

Did you take the 3 minutes it takes to read your agreement?

Godish.comcustomer service representative

Don't use godish. They are dishonest and don't follow through. $49 was taken out of my debit card on 1/10/2020 without my consent. I was not informed of this charge. When I called godish, they said they need to listen to the recording. It could take up to two weeks. I couldn't wait that long. I received an email from a woman named Gloria and she stated she would credit my checking account in 3-5 days. On Friday January 19th, I checked my account and it was no longer pending and my balance was back to where it should have been. Well, I went to put gas in my car and my card was DECLINED. The charge of $49 from godish went back into my account and caused an overdraft. That is a $30 charge from my bank. On 1/20 and 1/21 I tried repeatedly by phone and email to talk to someone, no one will answer me. THANKS godish. If I was aware of the scam I would have NEVER gone through them. I have read numerous complaints of the exact same thing
Major issue, should not have to go through this bull###$.
Darcy Tingley
[protected]@gmail.com

customer service representative

chadt41 Jan 22, 2020

You should probably post this to GoDish, instead of Dish Network which is a different company.

Dish Network / Dish.comsatellite service

I called before 30 days and Dish says "too bad how sad" your in contract!

3 issues:

WARNING: WARNING WARNING
MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU LIKE THE DISH NETWORK SET UP AND $$$$$ PRICE OR YOU WILL EITHER BE STUCK FOR 2 YEARS
( UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY A HUGE FEE $$$$$$)

1) If you've never seen Dish in action, you need to check it out at someone's house! I hate it!
My young family members who come over refuse to use it and will use Netflix instead.

2) sales rep dishonest about using my credit card - I don't give my Credit Card to any service- I like my online banking- she promised NOT to use it unless i didn't pay my bill. I always pay my bills so I thought no worries- yes worries! They charged my card before due.

3) I didn't get the price that was on my brochure- but I thought if this is a much better system- So I'll deal with it. I also had an unexpected $35 charge after service man got here.
BUT, Again I hate the entire Dish set-up - I had Dish years ago, before I moved to my present location - and loved it! I ABSOLUTELY cannot see me stuck with this system for 2 FULL years!! I will probably have to pay the $400 to GET OUT of it!!!

chadt41 Jan 22, 2020

Thirty days doesn’t mean anything. There is no grace period.

Dish Network / Dish.comdish satellite

It is ashame that you and FOX network can't work things out. I am the only loser in that. My bet is that as soon as the football season is over, Fox is back.
I will be removing Dish satellite first time I get a little time to make it happen.
Very dissappointed customer!!!
Rickey Seagraves
[protected]

So now may complaint is too short and it won't be looked at (need more characters, come on, really). In days and times like this you would think you could handle your business a little better.!!!

chadt41 Jan 22, 2020

This isn’t a Dish site, so quite literally every point you make is about your unhappiness from other companies, that Dish isn’t at fault for at all.

Dish Network / Dish.comdriver

I don't know if y'all have gps units on y'all a vans
But tonight 1/18/2020 about 10:40 to10:50pm
My family and I were coming into San Antonio on I10 when we experienced
One of y'alls discourteous drivers
That was speeding through a construction zone Posted limit 65 driver was going more than 75 weaving in and out of traffic
[protected] call me

Dish Network / Dish.comlosing channels 16 & 38

I switched from Direct TV to DISH about a year ago because I kept losing my channels on Direct. Now I've lost 2 of my favorite channels on DISH. I watch and record channels 16 & 38 every day at least I did before they were taken away. I think DISH should get them back immediately or provide me with an outside digital antenna so I can get them for free or discount my bill until they decide to bring them back. I'm very disappointed in DISH at this time.

Dish Network / Dish.comkolr 10

Dish has lost contract with KOLR 10. I contacted them because I don't feel I should have to pay the full monthly fee for local channels when I no longer receive KOLR 10 which my husband watches constantly. They suggested an ota, which they provided to me and charged a fee of $6.50 for it being hooked up to the Hopper. I installed the ota and scanned for available channels. Guess what is the one channel that isn't found. You got it, KOLR 10. None of this is making sense. Why would you waste my time and money suggesting this method when I still cannot receive the one channel that was lost. I feel that this is just another ploy by DISH to get a little more money from consumers.

chadt41 Jan 11, 2020

What you feel, and what you agreed to are not the same thing. You agreed you expect no compensation or substitution. You also agreed you’re not guaranteed any channel, and the channels offered are always subject to change.

• Re
    Rephp Jan 11, 2020

I have been a loyal dish customer for over 20 years. I demand a reduction on my monthly local channel cost if KOLR 10 is not restored. Dish is not hurting anyone but their loyal customers.

chadt41 Jan 12, 2020

@Rephp You already agreed you expect no compensation. Making demands after that means nothing.

Dish Network / Dish.comlocal channels

When setting up service the agent did not advise me of a local channel that was not available. When the tech arrived he asked if I was told I would not receive that local channel. I said I was not advised. He said to call back and advise that I was not told of the issue with that channel and that Dish would install an OTA at no cost.

When I called back I was told they have no OTA and that OTA would not work in my location. I escalated from agent to Sr acct rep to supervisor. I was told services could change at anytime and an OTA would be at my expense and was not an option in my area. The supervisor was not empathetic and just kept referring back to the talking points.

I finally got a $10 one time courtesy adjustment for local channels.

I wish there was a customer service director that can be advised of what's happening in the call center and in the field. Now I either wait for the local channel to be negotiated or set upon OTA and by the Dish OTA adapter.

Dish Network / Dish.comremoval of nbc

I am currently paying for NBC and was part of the agreement when we started dish. I now have lost NBCon 1/2/2020 where I can not watch many of my favorite shows. I feel that I am being held hostage and need to have the NBC/KRBC network back asap. I feel t hat this is in violation of our agreed amount in our contract with dish. If I were not still on contract i would be looking for another cable company. Or is this situation to cause me to void our contract with dish with no penality and find another provider

Michelle Burns
Abilene TX
[protected]@gmail.com

chadt41 Jan 10, 2020

Highly recommend reading the contract. No channel is guaranteed in the contract, and it does stipulate any channel may be removed at any time with no expectation to compensation or substitution

Dish Network / Dish.comdish network not getting 30 days see if dish is what I want

I had dish to come to my house hookup service. After 13 / 15 days I decided that dish is not what I want. I didn't like the talking remote because U have to be used to it and several times I mised a Astros game because it was blacked out. I always thought U had to try services 30 days but not dish. I called dish to cancel service and person on other end didn't speak english very well. After dealing with him I thought every thing was taken care of. After 3 months I started getting bills. I called and again didn't speak english very good. After him arguing with me I asked to speak to someone else or supervisor he said they are not in. Anyway all dish had to do was go back 13 / 15 days on the recording from day dish hooked me up they could hear I DID cancel service. After all [censored]ing I did dish took $420.00 out my bank knowing I'm disabled fixed income on 12 / 25 / 19. Merry F Christmas to me from dish network. I had to close my bank account. They was supposed send me a box, & return label. I got a letter from their attorney I owe $290.00 more dollars. dish REALLY put the SCREWS TO ME.

chadt41 Jan 10, 2020

None of the satellite companies offer a 30 day trial, and once the contract is signed, it is in effect. Part of the contract is that you agreed to everything being correct at the time of installation and that you are satisfied, and every other point you make is covered explicitly in the contract

Dish Network / Dish.comlosing channels 38 and 16

I'm very disappointed that Dish is no longer offering channels thirty-eight (38) and sixteen (16).
I pay for this package every month, but now I can't access 2 channels that I continue to pay for. I would like for you to reinstate these 2 channels immediately. I enjoy the programs on these two channels and I would like for them both to be reinstated.

• Updated by Tessa Wilson · Jan 06, 2020

Stop losing channels

chadt41 Jan 08, 2020

Good news, you do not pay for those channels, per your agreement.

• Di
    Dish Authorized Retailer Apr 01, 2020

@chadt41 im dish retailer im working in all states in USA and we have no monthly bill system we have yearly billing system [email protected]

chadt41 Apr 01, 2020

@Dish Authorized Retailer Did you even read your post? My post? The original post?

chadt41 Apr 01, 2020

Dish Network / Dish.comfinal billing not received and packing to return remove and box

Account # [protected] Dish for Margaret Windmeier at 408 Vernejo Street Raton New Mexico 87740 phone # [protected]. Service date 1/26/18. On 10/18/2019 I called for early disconnect on 11/18/2019 and was informed of an early disconnect charge of $60.00 and a UPS shipping box with shipping label would be sent to the above address. The final billing of $60.00 and the shipping container were never received. I have called dish several times reguesting the bill and the container mailed to my new location of 3400 S Ironwood Drive #98 Apache Jct. AZ 85120 (my new location, my phone number remains the same, [protected]) and have still not received them. Now I am getting almost daily calls threating to be turned over to a collection agancy. I have no problem paying the $60.00, I just want a final statement sent to me and the shipping container with a shipping label so I can return the Dish equipment. Thank you.

• Updated by Margaret Windmeier · Jan 06, 2020

representatives unwilling or unable to assist in resolving this issue. They claim that everything was sent and that was that.

Dish Network / Dish.comfalse advertising-no regional coverage of fox sports florida or sun

When I signed up in September 2019 with Dish, I specifically asked if we would get the Rays and Magic games in Orlando. After going with Dish, I find out that they have a contract dispute with Fox Sports Florida and Sun networks. Supposedly they are in "negotitations" with these networks. When I went to the Dish Community website, I found out from other subscribers from around the country that they are also not getting their regional sports channels: Fox Sports Arizona and Fox Sports Midwest, due to contract disputes. I understand that there are contract disputes from time to time. But, Dish is still listing these channels on there website as part of their Regional Coverage packages. This is false and misleading advertising. Also, I do not believe that any negotiations are actually taking place. This is ridiculous. I live in Orlando, Florida and cannot watch the Rays, Marlins, Lightning, Panthers, Heat, or Magic games on Dish as they are all on Fox Sports Florida or Sun networks.

Dish Network / Dish.comnfl playoffs/ wwe smackdown

How are you going to cut one of the most watched channels? Are you guys losing your minds. My contract is up. And has been up so I WILL be searching for a new service provider I'm tired of dishs [censored] on cutting channels right when important sporting events are happening. Turn FOX back on or mark my words your TV provider competition will out do you as you will lose millions of subscribers such as myself.

chadt41 Jan 05, 2020

Statistically, you’re incorrect. Especially considering their competitor is going through the same thing right now.

Dish Network / Dish.comlosing kolr cbs 10

I have a 2 year contract and with-in 1 year i have lost fox sports network and now cbs 10 which holds the playoff in football . Last year i was not able to see the baseball playoffs. This to me is very unacceptable that the customer finds this out after the channel is gone. customer service very poor. channel 10 cbs turned off on 1/4/20. please resolve this issue or i might just terminate service with you

chadt41 Jan 05, 2020

This is covered in your contract, explicitly.

Dish Network / Dish.comhopper

Why does my hopper have to update every day? I can understand maybe weekly or monthly but I don't understand the every day thing. I set It to do it when I'm not home and I leave the tv on for my dogs but when I come home the screen saver is on rather than just tuning to the channel. It defeats the purpose of leaving it on to keep my dogs calm in my absence.

Dish Network / Dish.comdish not standing behind their offer.

Back story: In early November I cancelled Dish after 23 years due to rising prices, contract disagreements with channels (FS-N, etc.), Dish Anywhere not working and outages everytime it rains. On December 27th I decided to go back to Dish. I called and asked to talk to someone with a technical back ground so I could explain what I wanted to do with the TV's in my house. After talking to the customer service rep and the supervisor with the tech experience for about two hours, we had a package worked out and an install scheduled for the next day. On December 28th, the tech showed up and the first thing he said to me is that it won't work the way they set it up. I still had my old equipment, so I had him put it back the way it was. On December 30th, I called Dish to let them know and that I still wanted the agreed upon price. The CSR got his supervisor to talk to me. She tells me they can't do it because the original CSR gave me the wrong price. I relied on the supervisor to get me with the right equipment so I had it working the way I wanted. Because I had to go back to the old original equipment, the raised the price. So it comes down to this; I have to pay more because the original CSR and the supervisor with the technical experience either don't know what they are talking about or both just lied to me. I have always backed Dish Network when someone asks how I like them when they are considering changing. That ends now.
This is how they treat someone with 23 years of loyalty to them.

Dish Network / Dish.comdriver

I was in Kansas City when a dish driver in the commercial vehicle with the license plate 764 LSX almost hit me while switching lanes because he was not paying attention as he was apparently to busy eating and drinking his water. Then when honked at to get his attention he flipped me off then continued to try to cut me off on the interstate till he reached his exit. This occurred on 12/30/2019 around 10:12 in the morning.

Dish Network / Dish.comtechnical service

For the last few months, I have had tech folk on the phone from Dish several times. It gets fixed than gets off-kilter again sometimes immediately after the tech call like last night.
When I go to the recorded "The Good Docter" "dancing with the stars" plays.

My voice recognition works poorly and tells me, "what I want can't be done on this tv" or words to that effect.

This calling is a pain, and having to unplug and replug and then not having it fixed for more than a day is not OK.

Also, can you use a check number for auto-payment as my credit card has been hacked two times in the past three mos.?
Barbra Hana Austin

Dish Network / Dish.comto change remote

My remote wasn't working so I called customer service and instead of changing the remote customer service tell me to change and DVR because I am more than 14 year old customer so they want to change the DVR and they told me your price will stay same and I agree with them so they they change the DVR and they put me on the contract for two years my price is 3 times increased .so I have to call service.very bed service from support. I told my other family too

Dish Network / Dish.comextending our contract without our consent

I put in a few months ago to get another wireless Joey. We were under a 2 year contract at the time but had thought about canceling the account once it was up. When we got the new Joey we did it online and then they sent a tech out to put it in. Then recently I went on to see how long we had on our contract and they said 22 months because apparently when we got the new Joey it extended our contract for 2 years, we never agreed to this or we wouldn't have done it. Now we have had extra Joeys put i before and it has never extended our contract until this one. So now we are stuck with this company for 22 more months because we don't have the $400 and some dollars to buy out the contract. Extremely shady company!!

Kmart 9459 Dec 16, 2019

Usually it's assumed by both the company and customer that putting in new equipment extends the contract. I never looked into it myself, but always figured if I ever upgraded equipment or had defective equipment switched out that it would extend my contract. The whole point of the 2 year contract is to pay for the equipment, so each time I get new equipment it would extend my contract to pay for that equipment. I wish they did go back to having to buy your own equipment when you 1st sign up, though I'm guessing most would want to pay an initial price of $400 to get equipment. I remember my 1st Directv satellite systems that I bought at RadioShack for $300 with 2 receivers, you had to install your own system at the time, which they provided a VHS tape with instructions on how to install it. But then you could cancel anytime, keep the equipment and then have it reactivated. I do believe though if you wanted to reactivate old equipment you had to send in your old Smart Card and they would send you a replacement free before reactivating.

chadt41 Dec 16, 2019

Anytime you add or upgrade leased equipment(per your agreement), will come with a new two year commitment. If you purchase the Joeys, it doesn’t come with a commitment.

Dish Network / Dish.comservice

Over a week ago I called saying I had a faulty remote antenna on one of my tvs, I held for 15 minutes and was on the phone for over an hour. So, no antenna ever came, so I called back today(12/16)and again was on hold for 15 minutes and on the phone with Dish for another 15 minutes to explain again and maybe, just maybe I might get one this time. I think it's a shame that I have 2 homes with Dish, spending over $2500/yr for service and also a long term customer and have crappy equipment because it's old. That's loyalty Dish, treat the "old" customers bad and the new ones get working equipment. As soon as I can get time to be home for someone else to install equipment, I will be changing. 12 years is long enough to be treated poorly. You sure don't have a problem getting the bills to me!!

Dish Tech. supportbad advice.

On Dec. 12th of 2019 I called to get help with my tv. The technician told me what to do, and I did all that he said to fix the tv, but ended up with my tv not working at all. He blamed me for not doing the correct procedure with the remote, but everything I did was correct. I have done over the phone repairs with other companies for the last ten years and never a problem as I had with this male employee. Before my tv worked, now it does not. Did he deliberately give me directions to cause this to happen? I think so. Also, as I cancelled the Dish tv, the representative said another customer also was doing the same. Is the tech a "serial tv terrorist"? I would investigate to finds out.

Dish Network / Dish.comdangerous driver

12/06/19 @ 11:15 am. While hauling cattle south on HWY 97 near the town of Riverside WA a white dish service pickup with utility bed pulled out in front of me in a 60 mph zone. I was forced to lock up my brakes to avoid from hitting the dish vehicle, I blew my air horn and tried to get a license plate number but was unable to. As soon as the vehicle had a chance to exit the roadway the male driver pulled off the hwy into the parking area of the Riverside Cemetery. I Called 911 to report the incident and spoke with state patrol and explained the situation to them. My hope is that someone will deal with this appropriately and immediately.
Darin McLaughlin [protected] cell

chadt41 Dec 08, 2019

Absolutely nothing Dish can do. They don’t drive pick ups. They drive vans. What you’re describing would be an independent retailer that sets their own business rules and operates 100% independently.

Dish Network / Dish.comthe loss of fox sports west

Hello, after having Fox Sports West for many years, all of the sudden it and Prime Ticket are dropped from your line up of channels. Just wondering if it is a contract problem or the programmers decided to remove them. As a fan of the Los Angeles Kings Hockey team Fox Sports West the channel that allowed me to catch quite a few of their games. Just curious how or why they were dropped and if they might be returning. That's my complaint other wise Dish has kept me happy for many a year. Thank you. John Lewis

chadt41 Dec 07, 2019

Sinclair has withdrawn the channels from Dish over pricing. Dish uppers have said it is unlikely to return, however they are open to a fair deal.

Dish Network / Dish.commodern yule log channel

Please return the original modern Yule log program you had in 2017, as this current version for the years 2018 and 2019, leave much to be desired. The previous version had many more features that were infinitely more appealing than this version currently is. I ask that you please take a brief cursory overview of your YouTube page. I think you will find that I am far from being alone on this matter. Thank you.

Dish Network / Dish.comequipment return

I canceled my service on September 18 because I was moving I was told to return equipment which I did on October 4th Via UPS the package was received according to UPS and October 7. It is now November 26 and I'm still getting emails saying that I owe for the equipment that was not returned, over $300. I have called several times and all I get is the script that the people picking up the phone have in front of them. When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was told that because I no longer have an account I can't speak to a supervisor which I find completely ludicrous and ridiculous. I have my UPS tracking number if anyone from dish actually monitors this board and would like to reach out to me I'd be happy to give it to you and you can look it up.

Dish Network / Dish.comservice and support

I have been a dish customer for a few years. I had 2 accounts. One in Michigan and one in Florida. I sold my house in Michigan and moved to Florida and was told since I wanted to keep my hopper take it to Florida and set up a service date for a tech to come out in which I did. Everything was fine until I got 2 bills one for$90.00 from Florida and one from Michigan for $70.00. I called to find out why I got a bill from Michigan since the house has been sold over a month and I did not receive any service. They told me since I took the hopper with me they had to charge for the monthly service in Michigan. I said what about your ad that stats if you are moving take your hopper with you. They said we had to turn the old hopper in and get a new one. Remind you the tech came to my house in Florida and connected the hopper, but the service people on the phone said it was illegal for them to do this and could fine me. I said how could you fine me when your tech was the one that came out and installed it. I finally got a hold of a supervisor which was very nice and he said he would send a tech out on Monday to change the service address and take the hopper from one room to another and then I got disconnected. I called back and talked to another supervisor and they said according to the notes they was going to move the hopper from one room to another and that can't be done. So what does he do he says I have to continue paying for monthly service in Michigan and if I wanted to disconnect the Michigan address the hopper has to be returned. So what does he do he disconnects my hopper in Florida. I can't believe this type of service and Lee employee # GOL was very rude. The last supervisor was nice enough but did not resolve any of the issues. JUST REMEMBER IF YOU LIKE YOUR HOPPER YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU. WHAT FALSE ADVERTISING IS THAT.

Dish Network / Dish.comtermination fee

24 months ago I signed up for dish and the advertised hopper with 5 channel but I got the 2 channel. After calling and they checking records (which is strange because all ads said the upgraded Hopper was included) they determined I should have received the upgraded hopper. Unknown to me they listed it as an up grade and restarted my 24 months. When they increased the monthly fee from $150 to $198 after the 24 months I canceled. Now they say I owe one month additional (but they did increased the fee at the original 24 months not the new 24 months) and shipping fees. but the protection package included shipping fees.

After several times around they said they could not change the updated date and would send the fee to collection.

I consider that fraud. They knew I had no choice but to pay or get a bad credit report.

I will never recommend DISH to anyone.

Dish Network / Dish.comunauthorized dish installation on my building

Two Dish satellites were installed on my building roof without my authorization. The technician stated they did not need the owners approval. The address is 3120 Massachusetts Ave SE Washington DC, 20019 - Unit 204 and Unit 101. I would like them removed immediately. Areas of the roof appear to be damaged where they set a metal container.

Felicia Retland
[protected]@hotmail.com

chadt41 Nov 21, 2019

You’d have to talk to your tenants that approved the install. This is a landlord/tenant issue.

Dish Network / Dish.comtv

Had service for 11 days. Never worked. Spent much time on the phone and meeting technician. Last visit was Sunday, within 2 hours service didn't work. Called and set up appt. soonest was five days. Informed company that if it wasn't operable after this visit I would have to cancel as this was a rental home and I was getting daily phone calls from tenant. Your representative threatened me that just because service didn't work I would still be billed after cancellation. After thinking about this I cancelled so come and get me. You know how it goes... make one customer happy they yell no one, make one customer unhappy the tell everyone.

Kmart 9459 Nov 12, 2019

Your philosophy of "make one customer happy they yell no one, make one customer unhappy the tell everyone", is a bit outdated. People who complain are no longer believed and are assumed to be liars and cheats. Like me, I currently think everything was working fine but because you changed your mind about having dish service you were trying to get out of your contract and thinks trying to smear them will get you out of it.

chadt41 Nov 14, 2019

I agree with the above post. I would recommend reading your contract and how it works. Especially the billing portion after cancellation. Or just come back here and talk about how unfair it is, that they held you to the contract you voluntarily agreed to.

Dish Network / Dish.comtechnician

I just talked with Ray at Dish Network and was told to call the President to report a Dish technician for the use of illegal drugs. The technician's name is Patrick Rael Griffin of Heber Springs, AR. He bragged about using clean urine from an anonymous person to pass his drug test and carrying clean urine with him so if he has to take a drug test he can pass it. This technician should be brought in and properly drug tested with someone watching him and when he test positive he needs to be fired.

chadt41 Nov 14, 2019

How do you know termination is what the penalty is for drug use? You have obvious biases.

Dish Network / Dish.comdeceptive practices

Deceptive advertising, poor customer service, predatory contracts, impotent negotiation to keep programming...lock you in with a long term contract because they know they cannot retain customers on merit. Until you start running an honest business you will continue Customer mass exodus. I won't be back and will be telling everyone that will listen to avoid your company like the plague

chadt41 Nov 14, 2019

They just added 166k subscribers this last quarter. The channels were down that entire quarter. Facts, not feelings.

Dish Network / Dish.comwally receiver

I purchased a Bundle package ( Play Maker antenna & a Walley receiver on one order ([protected]). On an another order, I order an additional Walley Receiver for a second TV ([protected]). I did not receive a Walley receiver with the bundle, I have talked to 4 of your Outdoor specialist and sales people and they all assured me that it is on its way. It has been over a month now still no receiver.

I have rejected the payment made by American Express to get this resolved.

The last outdoor sales person I talked to was Wayne on 10-28-19 and he said I would get it within 3-5 days, I still don't have it.

Sally Thiessen