Having problems with DISH Network?

DISH Network reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 16, 2006. The latest review NBC Sports Bay Area dispute was posted on Apr 13, 2021. The latest complaint local channels was resolved on Oct 05, 2019. DISH Network has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 946 reviews. DISH Network has resolved 280 complaints.

DISH Network Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 313 5710 (Customer Service)
+1 800 333 3474 (Customer Service)
9601 S Meridian Blvd
Sat24h
Sun24h

DISH Network Complaints & Reviews

Dish NetworkProgramming

I pay extra to receive my local channels and now Dish cannot come to an agreement with the owners of CBS in my network thus CBS is no longer aired on Dish. My local NFL Green Bay Packers broadcasts on CBS and I am unable to view the games. I feel since I have to pay extra to get my local channels I should receive a credit or be able to watch all of them.

Dish NetworkMusic channels

Dish must provide about 50 (I didn't count) different music channel selections including many christmas holiday choices. I checked every "christmas" music channel, they have jazz, traditional, soul, and a bunch of others but, of all the channels available, not one has any selections for christmas carols with music about what christmas is all about. Are christians and their christmas music, like silent night, what child is this, o come all ye faithful, o holy night and others, not being offered in fear of offending someone. Please, give me a break with this pc crap! There are plenty of selections for everybody. I wish there was a way to get to dish directly instead of their customer service line where you can't understand 90% of the reps that answer.

Dish NetworkLocal channels that are off air and the term of a $10 promo allowance

I have cancelled my local channel subscription due to the dispute with whoever. Why don't you call ABC or NBC Terre Haute IN and then bed immediately transfer to Dish Network. No answer from anyone. We in my location can only receive local from Terre Haute IN so I am screwed. Also since I have been without ABC for months I want my promo credit of $10 that ended on 12/20 renewed until you get these problems resolved. I watch channel 252 and it is gone. NO sports, no specials now on local I am done being used. I am retired, limited on travel and going out to eat at a restaurant. TV entertainment is all I have plus my movie channels which stink, GIVE ME A BREAK. I am reducing my bill by the $12 for dropping local channel until resolved plus a $10 credit to renew my promo credit until you get the issues resolved. People are tired of being screwed over. Please respond. My acct#PJDuncan [protected].

Dish NetworkMy local channels

I am getting so tired of losing my local channels. We already lost Fox this year. Now wanting to take NBC to. We pay so much money just to watch tv this is crazy. If this isn't resolved I will be switching to Direct Tv. Where I live I can't get half the local channels with antenna and cable isn't available in my area so I would have know choice!!!

Dish NetworkUnethical practice

I have been a loyal dish customer for 17 years and have always had good service. But this year is a different case. Earlier Dish dropped the CBS network from my local programming from the Springfield viewing area and now they are going to drop the FOX network. I think there is a ploy to provide less for more money. Don't they realize that thousands of customers in this area are getting fed up with this monkey business. If they lose a couple thousand customers to Direct TV, their largest competitors Dish will not be in business much longer.
          Come on DISH, give your customers what they deserve stand up for my rights.

Dish NetworkLosing local channels

It seems like at least once or twice a year we lose a local channel for a month. This year we have lost that channel for about 6 months now and it looks like they are going to take away a second local channel. If we can't have our local channels back that we pay for we are thinking about going to Direct TV. I had them a long time ago and never had this problem.

Nov 27, 2020

Dish Network — Installer name not provided

I need help finding out which dish network installer came to my home from Allegro Discount Satellite on...

Nov 23, 2020

Dish Network — Satellite tv service

I have been a loyal dish customer for more than 20 years and am recently very disappointed in the way they...

Dish NetworkJoey

Today is November 23, 2020. I called last week about needing a replacement for my joey. After a 28 minute wait, I got to speak to a representative. After an hour of explaining that the problem was the picture was like a mosaic or thermal image, they refused to replace the joey, spoke to a supervisor, the same problem. I had done everything to seeing if the problem could be corrected with the exception of replacing the HDMI cable. I should NOT have to pay to buy another cable just to see if that was the problem. I was told they could not replace the joey until I had completed all of their correction measures. Problem NOT resolved!
              2 days later I got on chat and spent about another hour going over the same detailes, I want reimbursement t for the time I am without the use of that joey. instead, I ended up being given a free one month of in-home service so as they could send a technician out to my home. So now I have to expose myself to the virus, by having a technician come to my home. Until the problem with the joey, I was happy with my service, understanding about disruption because of the weather, and had planned on renewing my contract when it came time. Now, if I could cancel my service I would. I have gone over a week trying to resolve this, hours wasted on the phone and with chat, and I was informed there would have been a shipping charge if they had just sent me a replacement. I pay $5 per month for that joey, and if it is defective, you should replace it at NO charge. I wonder how the FCC would rule on this. I know that if the dish had charged me I would have filed a complaint with our NH State Attorney Generals' office, Division of Consumers Affairs. As I am retired, I have plenty of time now for filing complaints about being defrauded or ripped off. So as I wait for the technician to arrive tomorrow, this is why you lose customers. I was paying about $72 per month or $865 per year of which $60 per year for the joey, a cheap $20 unit made in China, is now going to cost you my account. I will still keep paying for my service because I agreed with the contract for 2 years. I will however NOT be renewing. My son's contract with direct is expiring and he did like my voice remote but after me telling him about your customer service he is renewing with direct. My daughter and granddaughter also liked that voice remote but their contract is sometime next year, but again after I told them about all the trouble I am having getting a simple joey box replaced you can be sure they won't be considering dish for there service. All of this because of a simple defect in a joey and your policy about replacements.

Dish NetworkGetting charged for a boxing match we never watched

Dish claims we rented a fight through one of our receivers. No one in our household rented it. Yeah we have children in the household but they are old enough to know what they are doing. No they did not order the fight. They could not provide me with which receiver it what purchased through nor an exact time. They will not resolve the issue and we are stuck with an added 74.99 additional fee of a boxing match we never ordered.

Dish Networktv billing

I called to inquire why my bill went up $10 when the billing was separated from Frontier. First they said it was the same price, then they said this one bill would be $3 higher before going back to the old price. When they finally agreed the old bill was correct they wanted me to pay it with a credit card. Then when I said I was mailing in a check they wanted the routing number. WHAT???? I refused to provide anything and they then said it wasn't necessary.

The service is okay, anything beats Comcast's incompetence. But their billing customer service is awful.

Nov 06, 2020

Dish Network — No loyalty to long term existing customers.

I am an engineer and would never pay 9.99 a month just in case a technician needed to come out... So when I...

Dish NetworkDish satellite service

Lousy DVR software - unstable and contains lots of errors.

No contact info for billing. (They just doubled my add-on charges with no explanation. Then they added another $7.74 with a charge for $15.48 for 'adding' a service I already had, then crediting only $7.74 to remove that again. Net result - a $20 raise in my bill with NO service changes by me.)

Dish NetworkLack of in person customer service

Needed help getting 2nd tv going after had to disconnect for carpet installation. Went 6 weeks without CBS and NBC, no bill discount given, due to contract problems so thought DISH could at least send tech to do when in area and had extra 10 min. They expect customer to do the service work with guidance over the phone. I'm a retired accountant not an IT person. Thinking of switching to a more customer orientated service.

Dish NetworkI called to ask about pricing of total monthly bill if I chose dish tv

I called and asked for a price, 1st woman wanted my date of birth before giving price; she transferred me to a 2nd woman when I would not give my personal info; 2nd woman wanted my date of birth and my ss number, just to give me a price!!! Both of these women had a foreign accent and with all the hacking and scams going on with people working from overseas, why should I want to give them my info. To get a total price including tax & surcharges per month? Dish just loss a chance to sell me their product! Dish ought to fire all those people stealing info and selling it! They ought to be ashamed of themselves!!!

Dish NetworkPolk sound bar

I just spoke to John regarding a Polk sound bar I purchased ($180.00) from
                          Dish Technician Jason a ahile back. In setting it up he only set it up for T.V. audio. I can"t watch DVD's as he forgot to make that connection when installing the sound bar. I asked if someone from Dish could come and make that connection and was told by John that I would be charged $50 or $60 dollars for that, which should have been done at the time of installation. He said I would have to call Polk and talk to them. I called [protected] at 2:30 in the afternoon and the recording said they were closed and I would have to call back during business hours which are 10:00 to 6:00. If you could solve this issue for me I would be very grateful...

Oct 06, 2020

Dish Network — Product cancelation

The 1st time I called to cancel was around Sept. 28th, I asked what it would cost me to cancel dish the...

Dish NetworkCancellation fees after phone and internet service was not installed as promised.

Dish installer arrived on Aug. 28th, 2020 to set up service with tv, with a promise that Frontier Communications would return the following week to install phone and internet service as this was a bundled service. They never arrived, and we eventually called Direct TV for tv service/internet/phone. This was installed on Sept. 21st with no problems encountered. I was assured that my account balance from Dish was "Zero" and a box would be sent to returned Dish's equipment. Today, I received an email that stated I would be charged $480 for the two years I agreed to with the assumption we would have service from Dish. This seems so contrary to all common sense, and I cannot afford frivolous deductions from my bank account! I am reporting to the NYS Attorney General, the BBB, and the FCC if this is not taken care of immediately.

• Mr
                                Mr. Helpful Oct 01, 2020

This complaint doesn't exactly make sense. It speaks of having everything correctly installed in Sept 28. So why would anything be returned to Dish? Likely the reason the cancelation charge exists.

• Jp
                                Jp Langan Oct 01, 2020

@Mr. Helpful The TV service was installed on AUG. 28th.. Never returned to install phone and internet service.

• Mr
                                Mr. Helpful Oct 07, 2020

@Jp Langan So on August 28th you had Dish Network installed properly. Then you “called Direct TV for tv service/internet/phone. This was installed on Sept. 21st with no problems encountered."

So are we correct in understanding that of September 21st you had everything set up properly and then decided to return and cancel the agreement? Why wouldn't you be charged a cancelation fee?

Sep 26, 2020

Dish Network — Equipment service

I called Dish today to find out why I keep losing my signal. The gal I talked to said that they would have to...

Dish NetworkCannot access msnbc programming. For past 2 months.

I seem able to access All 5 Fox channels any time, but not MSNBC and sometimes CNN.
                              Are the Russians hacking Dish? Or the Republicans? I am going to cancel Dish if this is not resolved; have been with Dish for over 10 years. Extremely exasperating! Especially during these difficult times with corona virus news, the election and the debates. I want to get my news from MSNBC.