Menu
DISH Network
reviews & complaints

DISH Network
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

1114 complaints
281 resolved 833 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by DISH Network customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of DISH Network. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
S
2:38 am EST

DISH Network - Dishsmarthub purchased overcharged.

My VC No. [protected].

I was excited and overwhelmed with the offer from DISH TV for the supply of dish smart HUB at Rs.2,499/- and with a cashback of Rs.500/- to the account, and no other charges are applicable.

I had readily accepted the offer and the Technician from your franchisee visited today the 8th March 2022, at 10.30 am and left at 12.04 pm.

After installation of the smart hub, as the reception was not okay, had to visit the terrace to check the antenna. Then it was detected that the LNB receiver was damaged, so it was replaced, and he mentioned that the cost is Rs.500/-.

No other part or accessory was replaced/fitted.

Even, after the replacement of LNB, he frantically tried to tune or adjust, and though it took about 20 minutes he was not able to do it.

Afterwards, he wanted to activate the Internet and could not affix the password, because he was not aware of the alphabet. I had to show him the alphabets of the password and then only it was registered.

He then asked me to pay him Rs.2,850/-, which I had paid through Paytm. Please confirm whether his charging for the LNB receiver is valid or not and it is not over-charged. Rs.150/- was recovered from my account.

Now, I require the following from you:-

1) To send on my registered e-mail id

your official receipt for Rs.2,850/- paid by me to your

Technician.

2) To Refund Rs.201/- for the excess charge. ( Rs,2,850 minus -Rs.2,499 for

the STB + Rs.150 for LNB - Total Rs.2,649 = Rs.201/-

With this type of service, how do you expect me to recommend

DISH TV to my friends and relations?

Mar 12, 2022 8:56 pm EST

This is for US Dish…

6:06 pm EST

DISH Network - I cancelled my account with DISH. The woman said they would send a box and label to return the equipment, which they didn't do.

I cancelled DISH service. We had a DISH DVR, including a remote, and a JOEY, including remote. The woman said DISH would send a box and label to return the equipment, which they have not done. I just received notice DISH has charged me $448 for not returning the equipment. We don't have $448, which means bills aren't going to be paid and we can't afford meds and groceries. I want a refund or for DISH to reverse the charge.

Desired outcome: We want a 100% refund or for DISH to reverse the charge.

Mar 08, 2022 1:20 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

You can absolutely have a refund, once you return the equipment. Them providing boxes is a courtesy. Remember, your agreement states that you agree to accept sole responsibility for the safe return of the equipment.

10:48 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

So...I'm watching my favorite show on Dish, suddenly it SHUTS OFF and does a reboot?!?!? When it finally comes back, my show is OFF and I've missed what happened! WHY? If this keeps up I'm gonna cancel my Dish Account and just switch to a Streaming Network that NEVER goes out! Dom Acciardo [protected]@gmail.com

4:32 pm EST

DISH Network - Dishnetwork

I was a customer for 22 years, they kept raising my bill for the most basic service. They promised a certain price, then billed 15 to 20 dollars more so my basic service was over $103.00. They charged for a dvr that was over 10 years old , charged $12.00 for local channels when they are free, for taxes that don't need to be collected . When you call them they tell you it'being recorded, so I record them too and catch them in many lies. WHEN I TELL THEM YES I RECORDED THEM TOO FOR PROOF THEY HANG UUP! Real honest company huh?

My solution , I bought a TIVO on Amazon for about $200.00! Now I can watch whatever I want whenever I want for much less money. I have saved about $800.00 the first year .

Desired outcome: To let people know how trustworthy dish network is. I'll never go back.

Mar 08, 2022 1:23 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Nobody has free locals. Dish just gives the locals broken out, so customers can choose to pay for them or drop them if they get them OTA. OTA is the only way locals are free. The reason the costs go up is strictly because the channels raise the costs. The Locked pricing is only for the core package. It does not apply to anything else, such as the DVR fee.

Glad the TIVO is working for you. For most, it wouldn't, but that is why there are niche setups that work for the niche community.

5:18 pm EST

DISH Network - TV Service

I have been a customer for at least 10-12 years and they just raised my price too much as a senior so I switched to spectrum... When I called to cancel my service - first they would not let me and kept trying to bash spectrum and then offered me a better deal... When I said I wasn't staying then they told me I was breaking a contract which I know I had never agreed to or signed anything... They said I owed them 220.00 (seems like senior abuse)... I plan on filing a complaint with the state.

Desired outcome: apology and refund

Feb 24, 2022 8:08 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

And when they produce the evidence of the contract, will you completely retract your statement and pay the fee? You don’t always have to sign the contract, did you take credits, or upgrade equipment?

2:22 pm EST

DISH Network - Problems with customer service

For weeks I have been having problems with the remote control for my living room TV. It is difficult to impossible to get some of the buttons to respond when they are pressed, no matter how hard I press them. “O”. “8", “6", and “SELECT” It is very difficult to try to work around these problems and still use this remote. As time goes by, more buttons are becoming more difficult to use. I have had three telephone conversations, and each one has been an exercise in frustration with no help provided. The receiver has been reset several times with no improvement. Also tried new batteries with no help. It just seems that the phone girls are very hard to understand with their heavy accents and they don’t seem to understand what I am trying to explain to them. For a week I have tried to reach some one thru your chat line with no sucess. This remote is not that old but it does not work properly and needs to be replaced. Ronald H Kirkland, 13562 Stacy Lynn Dr, Moreno Valley, CA [protected] [protected]@gmail.com

Dish Account # [protected] Remote 20.1 IR EchoStarTechnologies 180552

Desired outcome: The Remote Control needs to be replaced as soon as possible

9:59 pm EST

DISH Network - Dish was on pause for 3 years paying $5.00 a month

I've had Dish for the last 20 years, we move 3 years ago and at time I wanted to cancel since we weren't sure of where we were moving. I was told to put the service on pause to guarantee current price and receive additional upgrades when resumed. I agreed and paid $5.00 a month to place on pause and didn't expect it to be so long, Well after 3 years and over $180.00 in . pause payments for no service. I called and now they told me it would cost me $120.00 a month! What in the world did I pay the monthly fee for! I logged in as new customer and was qualified for a nice savings at $94.99 a month! When I tried to submit it I was not eligible since I was an EXISTING customer. Why should anyone be a loyal customer when they treat you like this. I am canceling as soon as I can get the equipment out of storage that I could not access for 3 years. My account is Acct# [protected] .

Very disappointed,

Dennis Baus

[protected]

Desired outcome: Dish cost as advertised for new users $94.99 for Dish 240 Plus America's top 200

View 0 more photos
3 comments
Feb 20, 2022 10:44 pm EST

Hi Mr. Baus.

The most common reason for placing your account on pause is to not pay early termination fees. If you were currently under contract, you have to cover certain costs to end said contract before its natural end.

Feb 24, 2022 8:09 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Just to clear this up more… time spent on pause does NOT count towards your commitment.

Feb 25, 2022 12:09 am EST
Replying to comment of Mike Carey

I appreciate the comment Mr. Carey.

No question. But it does allow one to delay their ultimate commitment.

12:51 pm EST

DISH Network - Dish

I started my service back in October 2021 with the hopes of them getting me something new like service, also based on a $300 credit card gift card I was with DIRECTV for 27 years and my family thought it be good to change face what a freaking mistake! I have logged in calls every two weeks and keep going the same story there’s a ticket processed in your card to come within 6 to 8 weeks my God how many 60 weeks do you have in a month or two months three months or a year like I said biggest mistake ever in all customer service does it tell you the same thing over and over and over as soon as I can get to where I can pay this thing off I’m gonna cancel them so bad like stepping on a cockroach

Desired outcome: None yet

J
3:51 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My monthly cost just increased more than 40.00 dollars. I would like an 800 number so as to discuss this problem with you.

J
4:30 pm EST

DISH Network - 24 month contract

My Hopper was going bad. The technician told me to upgrade. When I called in on Dec 10, 2021 the next day to upgrade, I made a big deal that I would not sign another 24 month lease. She assured me there would be no 24 mo lease. She put me on hold several times in order to do this. I did not sign or verbally accept any 24 month lease. When I called in today Feb 6, 2022 about a problem with my bill they said I had a 24 month lease. They refused to void the lease. They lied to me on Dec 10th. I have been conned. I have lost all trust in this company. I want them to take off the 24 month lease. Again, I did not verbally accept a lease or sign anything. I am so angry I just want them to remove the equipment but they say I have a 24 month lease starting Dec 10, 2021!

Desired outcome: Either void the 24 month lease or come get your equipment. You lied to me!!!!!

7 comments
Feb 13, 2022 7:49 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

You admitted on the other site that you signed the contract when the tech was there. That tablet you signed, that you assumed was for a work order and did not read, was you signing the contract.

Feb 13, 2022 7:37 pm EST

Instead of arguing with anyone about whether you're into another lease, in writing, ask them to provide the signed agreement. If they have such, then you know; if they don't, it doesn't matter what they say.

Feb 09, 2022 9:44 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Remember the work order on the tablet the tech asked you to sign when work was completed?

Feb 09, 2022 10:24 am EST
Replying to comment of MicMadness

what does a tablet have to do with a 24 month contract?

if i recall [from comcast back when i had them] the form you sign from the technician is the authorization of the tech's work being completed NOT for new contracts or a lease. if they DID sneak in that to the work order the tech did on the tablet without disclosing it then that is a shady practice that should be reversed.

Feb 09, 2022 12:31 pm EST
Replying to comment of thel

You should have read it. The contract is signed with the technician after service is installed. It is also emailed to you prior to look over, and after signed. Strange someone would use Comcast(AKA the owner of NBCU and sponsor of the genocide games) as the moral authority for good business.

Feb 09, 2022 3:14 pm EST
Replying to comment of MicMadness

back when i HAD them it was the only company in my area. it was before they acquired NBC. they were horrible and basically ran me away from them by their "i'm a professional but have no clue what i'm doing or talking about" way of handling customers. as for contract we need to wait for OP to tell us what the work order they signed said. they should have gotten a copy.

Feb 09, 2022 4:48 pm EST
Replying to comment of thel

Or you should read what you sign before signing it. I love how you deflect blame for your own short comings. Do you admit you DID sign something. Big difference from “I didn’t sign anything”.

Y
12:17 am EST

DISH Network - False advertising

I was promised a 400 gift card in 6 to 8 weeks. Never got it. They say it was returned to them. I checked my mail everyday. I even called and had them to mail it to my p.o. box. I still haven't received it. I call the rewards department and they keep making excuses. I call dish and the tell me they can't do anything to call the rewards department. I think we should be about to sue over not keeping there word. It's false and they tell you to call the other source and it back and forth like ping pong. I would love to find a lawyer to help me. I sick of it. It's been 4 months.

Desired outcome: I want my 400.00 gift card or return all my money I spent on this service. 4 months worth and counting.

3 comments

They lied to us about the $400 gift card too, so we called them up like 11 weeks after opening up our new account and they acted like they didn't get the PROMO code on the flyer that was mailed out to us and I know for a fact that my husband read it off to the guy at least 4 different times. Then they asked for the PROMO code on the flyer. (Like we're really going to keep a piece of junk mail laying around for 11 weeks!) We closed our account and demanded that they not charge us the $20 a month early termination fee. Dish Network is a very crooked company.

Mar 16, 2022 8:49 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Dish doesn’t send out flyers. If you used a promo code from a flyer, that’s a 3rd party retailer that sets their own promotions and are responsible for fulfilling their own promos. So they were correct. You need to call the company from the flyer.

Feb 13, 2022 7:51 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

You waived your right to sue, so that wouldn’t be an option.

L
1:16 pm EST

DISH Network - early termination fee

We have had Dish for some time now, but are unhappy because you dropped NBC. We gave some time for you to get it back but are cancelling now. I called and was told we'll have to pay an early termination fee of $200 . You are the ones who failed to provide us with our local channels as promised, so you shouldn't charge us a fee. We'll pay it, because we are done with your company not living up to it's promise to us.

Desired outcome: remove the un fair early termination fee.

2 comments
Feb 04, 2022 11:34 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This is covered explicitly in your contract and service agreement. Why would they waive the contract over a very specific and explicit term in the contract? Why would you agree to a term that you would disagree with later when it applies? It has been in place for well over 20 years, so its not something that you did not know about when you signed up 15 years ago.

T
Feb 03, 2022 9:55 am EST

I wish I could drop it. Unfortunately I live in a rental. This is ridiculous.

12:22 pm EST

DISH Network - Dish service / refund

On 8-7-21, I cancelled Dish service for Gary DePaola at 1206 4th St. Mendota, IL 61342 and returned equipment and a letter that Gary was moved to a care facility due to dementia. I was told I would receive a refund check of $147.39. On 11-11-21, I spoke with Cecil and refund check was sent to Redfield, IA address. I did not receive a refund check. On 12-29-21, Aze said she would check on refund and call me back. No return phone call. On 1/10/22, I received a Dish refund for Gary DePaola for $14, 739.00 however the refund should be $147.39. The decimal was in the wrong place! I called Tucker on 1/10/22 and told him about this huge refund check and he said someone would call me back asap. To this day no phone call or refund! I would like a refund check overnighted along with $200 to be compensated for you negligence and lack of following through timely and accurately. I have been waiting 174 days for your mistake Dish! I was honest and advised you of the wrong refund amount of $14739.00! Still no action on Dish's part. I would like to receive a phone call asap at [protected].
Sincerely,
Mary Jo Freestone, POA
12988 318th Ct.
Redfield, IA 50233
[protected]

Desired outcome: I wrote in above note how I want this corrected asap!

View 0 more photos
7:10 am EST

DISH Network - Cable

Such a shame we pay. We should sue for pain and suffering for having to watch the same movies over and over. Its constant repeat movies. They are old when will yall change it. Another thing its the same freaking repeat channels with diff numbers on the. Dish really sucks. Its a scam. We pay for the package that is like Next the highest yall charge for so we have a good bit of channels no starz showtime or hbo. All the channels that come with our package is nothing but repeats. Change the dang movies its annoying im mentally suffering.

Desired outcome: Stop showing the same movies for a month at a time

Feb 13, 2022 7:52 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

You waived your right to sue.

K
3:07 pm EST

DISH Network - Lose of local cbs stations

Contacted dish about this. Explained I live to far out in the country to pickup the local CBS station in Tampa. Rep Said basically to bad cancel your service if you don't like it. Said okay then said I have to pay a fee for contract early termination. So Dish can drop channels and basically say eat [censored] and deal with it. This should be breach of contract.

Desired outcome: $1,000,000.00 breach of contract settlement.

Feb 13, 2022 7:53 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This is covered explicitly in your contract. How can they breach it by following the terms. You now expecting compensation is actually a breach. You agreed you expect no compensation.

T
12:54 pm EST

DISH Network - No NBC and Root Sports

This dispute has gone on way too long. You need to settle the dispute. No local sports or major sports like Super Bowl 2022 and Olympics is unacceptable. Settle NOW or lose all your extremely ticked off customers. We are still being charges for these stations, but we haven't received them for months. We want our stations back and we want a refund of all missed programming. It's obvious that you don't care what your customers want or you would have resolved this months ago.

Desired outcome: Bring back NBC and Regional Sports Networks/Refund $ for missed programming

C
Jan 30, 2022 7:06 pm EST

No NBC in Gillette, Wy for months now, and with the Super Bowl two weeks away, I think it is time to reconsider the dispute and get NBC back on the air! Don't be so short sighted, the amount of customers that drop Dish because they can't get the Super Bowl will have a much greater financial impact than the payment of the extra funds that are required to get NBC back!

Also, seems a little unfair that we the customers pay a fee to receive the Local Channels and are penalized if we don't fulfill our end of the contract, but Dish can decide not to supply one or more of the local channels and not have any consequences!

No wonder everyone is switching to streaming services and dropping Dish!

L
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was with dish for 2 years 2 months before my contract was up my receiver went bad dish came out to replace it later I find out I was signed up for 2 more years just because of a faulty receiver now they want me to pay an early termination fee what a scam

W
9:22 pm EST

DISH Network - unauthorized charges/ unethical behaviour

we had the wally hooked up in our rv while our house was being built. We then had dish hopper installed to the house. the wally was to be disconnected and was not. we have been charged 110.07 additional for two months a total of 220.14 plus the monthly fee of 105.07 for the hopper. my wife has been tranfered 9 times and nobody at dish seems to be able to fix this and expect us to eat the 220.14. this is a fraud. i would expect a company of this side to be able to resolve this without the run around.

Desired outcome: refund our money for over payment

B
2:01 pm EST

DISH Network - No Channel 9 WUSA

When is Dish going to resolve its current dispute? We have had no channel 9 (WUSA) since early October. Because of this we missed half the SEC football season and now we are missing the NFL playoffs. We live in a rural area with marginal internet service so streaming is not an option. We are also missing a number of our favorite programs from CBS. Dish owes its customers better service and a discount for not having one of our local channels.

Desired outcome: Bring Channel 9 (WUSA back)

9:21 pm EST

DISH Network - 200 gift card

I activated dish service in October, four months ago now with go dish.com. I was suppose to receive a 200$ gift card. I called Dish several different times asking about the card. I was told it will be coming I. The mail every time. Tonight I asked the same question and was told that I needed to call go dish.com. I called them and they told me since it's been longer than 60 days there is nothing they can do. The gift card was the only reason I signed up with Dish. I belive the whole process is a scam, and they should be held accountable.

Desired outcome: I want my gift card that was promised

Y
Feb 06, 2022 12:27 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Me too. I've been waiting 4 months myself.

DISH Network contacts