Having problems with DISH Network?

DISH Network reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 16, 2006. The latest review No satellite and charging me to fix was posted on Apr 30, 2021. The latest complaint local channels was resolved on Oct 05, 2019. DISH Network has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 956 reviews. DISH Network has resolved 280 complaints.

DISH Network Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 313 5710 (Customer Service)
+1 800 333 3474 (Customer Service)
9601 S Meridian Blvd
Thu24h
Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with DISH Network Customer Service. Initial DISH Network complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for DISH Network above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about DISH Network. Discuss the issues you have had with DISH Network and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

DISH Network Complaints & Reviews

Dish Networktv billing

I called to inquire why my bill went up $10 when the billing was separated from Frontier. First they said it was the same price, then they said this one bill would be $3 higher before going back to the old price. When they finally agreed the old bill was correct they wanted me to pay it with a credit card. Then when I said I was mailing in a check they wanted the routing number. WHAT???? I refused to provide anything and they then said it wasn't necessary.

The service is okay, anything beats Comcast's incompetence. But their billing customer service is awful.

Nov 06, 2020

Dish Network — No loyalty to long term existing customers.

I am an engineer and would never pay 9.99 a month just in case a technician needed to come out... So when I...

Dish NetworkDish satellite service

Lousy DVR software - unstable and contains lots of errors.

No contact info for billing. (They just doubled my add-on charges with no explanation. Then they added another $7.74 with a charge for $15.48 for 'adding' a service I already had, then crediting only $7.74 to remove that again. Net result - a $20 raise in my bill with NO service changes by me.)

Dish NetworkLack of in person customer service

Needed help getting 2nd tv going after had to disconnect for carpet installation. Went 6 weeks without CBS and NBC, no bill discount given, due to contract problems so thought DISH could at least send tech to do when in area and had extra 10 min. They expect customer to do the service work with guidance over the phone. I'm a retired accountant not an IT person. Thinking of switching to a more customer orientated service.

Dish NetworkI called to ask about pricing of total monthly bill if I chose dish tv

I called and asked for a price, 1st woman wanted my date of birth before giving price; she transferred me to a 2nd woman when I would not give my personal info; 2nd woman wanted my date of birth and my ss number, just to give me a price!!! Both of these women had a foreign accent and with all the hacking and scams going on with people working from overseas, why should I want to give them my info. To get a total price including tax & surcharges per month? Dish just loss a chance to sell me their product! Dish ought to fire all those people stealing info and selling it! They ought to be ashamed of themselves!!!

Dish NetworkPolk sound bar

I just spoke to John regarding a Polk sound bar I purchased ($180.00) from
          Dish Technician Jason a ahile back. In setting it up he only set it up for T.V. audio. I can"t watch DVD's as he forgot to make that connection when installing the sound bar. I asked if someone from Dish could come and make that connection and was told by John that I would be charged $50 or $60 dollars for that, which should have been done at the time of installation. He said I would have to call Polk and talk to them. I called [protected] at 2:30 in the afternoon and the recording said they were closed and I would have to call back during business hours which are 10:00 to 6:00. If you could solve this issue for me I would be very grateful...

Oct 06, 2020

Dish Network — Product cancelation

The 1st time I called to cancel was around Sept. 28th, I asked what it would cost me to cancel dish the...

Dish NetworkCancellation fees after phone and internet service was not installed as promised.

Dish installer arrived on Aug. 28th, 2020 to set up service with tv, with a promise that Frontier Communications would return the following week to install phone and internet service as this was a bundled service. They never arrived, and we eventually called Direct TV for tv service/internet/phone. This was installed on Sept. 21st with no problems encountered. I was assured that my account balance from Dish was "Zero" and a box would be sent to returned Dish's equipment. Today, I received an email that stated I would be charged $480 for the two years I agreed to with the assumption we would have service from Dish. This seems so contrary to all common sense, and I cannot afford frivolous deductions from my bank account! I am reporting to the NYS Attorney General, the BBB, and the FCC if this is not taken care of immediately.

• Mr
                Mr. Helpful Oct 01, 2020

This complaint doesn't exactly make sense. It speaks of having everything correctly installed in Sept 28. So why would anything be returned to Dish? Likely the reason the cancelation charge exists.

• Jp
                Jp Langan Oct 01, 2020

@Mr. Helpful The TV service was installed on AUG. 28th.. Never returned to install phone and internet service.

• Mr
                Mr. Helpful Oct 07, 2020

@Jp Langan So on August 28th you had Dish Network installed properly. Then you “called Direct TV for tv service/internet/phone. This was installed on Sept. 21st with no problems encountered."

So are we correct in understanding that of September 21st you had everything set up properly and then decided to return and cancel the agreement? Why wouldn't you be charged a cancelation fee?

Sep 26, 2020

Dish Network — Equipment service

I called Dish today to find out why I keep losing my signal. The gal I talked to said that they would have to...

Dish NetworkCannot access msnbc programming. For past 2 months.

I seem able to access All 5 Fox channels any time, but not MSNBC and sometimes CNN.
              Are the Russians hacking Dish? Or the Republicans? I am going to cancel Dish if this is not resolved; have been with Dish for over 10 years. Extremely exasperating! Especially during these difficult times with corona virus news, the election and the debates. I want to get my news from MSNBC.

Dish NetworkChannel 9 has no sound, channel 4 is broadcasting in spanish

For several days, we have not gotten any sound on channel 9, our PBS station, and just now when my husband turned on the TV, channel 4 — a local channel carrying a college football game right now — is being broadcast in Spanish, which unfortunately neither of us is fluent in.

In addition, not having the local channel 7 available is getting to be a problem, since many of our favorite shows are on this channel, and the fall lineup should be starting soon.

I pay our bill on time and have not previously complained about anything on Dish, although we have found it to be inferior in providing television to our household. Not very happy at the moment.

We live in Monroe, WA — for reference on the local channels.

Sep 18, 2020

Dish Network — Return equipment scam - save your tracking numbers!!!

After being a Dish Network customer for 4 yrs, we decided to switch back to Comcast. We were tired of...

Dish NetworkMy bill

Back in august I had called to see how much it would be to add a couple channels to my account but changing any I had now. They said they could do that and I was given the amount of $81.04... A few dollars cheaper then what I was paying but the lady had told me in 3 months it would be back to the $84 when the heartland package wasn't half off.., anyway I got my bill and its $94.55. I know I heard the lady correct. I asked her a couple of times to verify the amount was going to be $81.04... She said yes. I called but they didn't do anything. I have been a customer of dish for nearly 30 years... I really regret now for not changing to comcast. But I didn't because I was told a different price. Unbelievable! That's how you run things.

Dish NetworkHopper 3 and Joey problems also customer service

I've had dish for about a year, no problems, Now If I try to fast forward a recorded show using my Joey, the recording jumps all over the place. Dish replaced the Hopper 3 receiver, a remanufactured model, the Joey once and the remote once. Today a service tech came replaced wires and installed another Joey, wireless this time. I was told it was fixed. WRONG, still doing it. NOW WHAT?

• Be
                        Becky1956 Nov 12, 2020

i made this complaint to dish twice in last two months. they advised it is a software issue and they are working on it. we are still having same problem. it is only with non-hd recordings.

Dish NetworkChannels are still on black out!!!

We still don't have the channels that are blocked!? Because dish will not make any agreement, with apollo it has been 5 weeks!!! It seems that dish doesn't care about their customers we still have to pay full price for channels that we're not receiving!! And dish is still being payed even though they have blacked out there's channels!!! This is crazy, that the customers are also on lockdown, with dish taking there time on resolving this issue something needs to be done now bring back our channels 5 weeks is enough!!! [protected]@yahoo.com

• Se
                          Seisenhoffer Nov 29, 2020

I am prepared to make a formal complaint to the FCC & /or the CO Attorney General about this. Why am i paying for something that isn't provided. Because Dish & Altitude, FOX 4 Grand Junction & CBS Channel 5 Grand Junction are having disagreements, why are customers being penalized. This is very bad practice. If this isn't changed then I am considering leaving for something else.

I'm paying premium but minus at least 3 channels? Altitude has been off for over a year!!!

Dish NetworkTrying to find out what to do about my dish when moving.

Called Dish network 3 times - Trying to find out what do do about my upcoming move.

First thing you hear - is an excuse as to the fact their phone system is understaffed and you will have to wait until your unborn child is in school, before they will answer the phone.

1. Call - finial talked to a human - she transferred me back to the Que.
                        2. Call - finial talked to a human - she hung up on me while transferring call.
                        3. Call - finial talked to a human - she transferred me back to the Que.

When to Dish web site. Unless you want to buy more stuff - service - good luck. No help at all.

Just sold my house - trying to find out what I need to do while I move out and look for a new house. I have found it impossible to ask this simple question and get answers.

Aug 27, 2020

Dish Network — Service

We renewed our contract for two more years approximately a month ago and the person that helped me told me...

Aug 13, 2020

Dish Network — Bad customer service supervisor

Date of Incident: 8/12/20 Client number: [protected] Full Description of Incident: I called your 800...

Dish NetworkDropping Channels

Since I signed up 1 yr ago the company has dropped 5 channels including local channels in Mass. And I am still paying the same monthly amount. This has definitely Created a negative impact on keeping DishTv. As soon as my contract is up I will be cancelling the service. The Company did not hold up to their end of the agreement. Some shows are doubled up on different channels. Makes customers feel more channels are being provided when in reality there not.

Dish NetworkService technician who broke our tree without asking

As a freshly minted Juris Doctorate holder, this is a complaint in regards to a service technician who apparently believed it was appropriate for him to break two major branches of a tree in our front yard without informing us prior to his negligent act. His reasoning was that the branches affect the signal, in which we have never complained about.