Having problems with DirecTV?

DirecTV reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 20, 2006. The latest review Closed captioning issues with hlnhd channel 204 was posted on Jun 16, 2021. The latest complaint Closed captioning issues with hlnhd channel 204 was resolved on Jun 16, 2021. DirecTV has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 2009 reviews. DirecTV has resolved 537 complaints.

DirecTV Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 531 5000 (Customer Service)
2230 E Imperial Hwy
Thu8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Fri8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sat8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sun8:00 AM - 12:00 AM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with DirecTV Customer Service. Initial DirecTV complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for DirecTV above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about DirecTV. Discuss the issues you have had with DirecTV and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

DirecTV Complaints & Reviews

DirecTV new connection and service didn’t give rebates promised

Signed up offered $100 rewards card and got card for $50 only (lied to). Week later got letter confirming $300 rewards card for all new customers. Called and spoke to 10 people, hung up on twice. Arthur only guy who even tried (give this man a raise).

Do not sign up for direct tv they rip you off on rewards card and threaten cancellation fees!

Ever felt discrimibated against!

John devine

• Updated by JohnDevine · Jan 30, 2020

Called and spoke with 10 people today and no joy. Best offer $200 feel like I'm being discriminated against. Will try one more time then cancel. Will take free legal advice through my corporation on cancelation fees. Don't see how they can enforce this if the advertise this by letter and in web site but not for me - Direct TV rewards are only for certain individuals!! One last try and back to Comcast.

DIRECT TV DISCRIMINATES!

Jan 30, 2020

DirecTV — direct tv is not honoring my price

This is years of aggravation with this company and I am finanlly cancelling my subscription. I called to...

DirecTV billing/collection

Good morning my name is Jackie dunning 48 chatham st Hartford, ct 06112 tel.#[protected] I am very much aware I m behind in my pmt I have call directv about 5 times on 1/23/20 so can work me with a payment arrangement on my acct.every week $50 from my savings acct.until I get caught up on my acct.no one is willing to work me I just need just a little lever way until get caught I really can't afford to have my cable disconnect and have to paid to have it restore can some one work me, you can call me at [protected]

DirecTV customer service

I called last night saying I was having problems with my service that I pay for. After being on the phone for over an hour, your service agency said I needed to have someone come out to the house. I told him I worked until 3:30 and couldn't be there until 3:35. He said he would have someone come out at 4:00 or later. I rushed home from work and waited. No one came. I called at 6:30 and was told a manager would call me in 30 minutes. no-one called. I called back at 9:30 asking to speak to a manager. they said someone would call back in 5 minutes. It is now 9:50 and no one has called. They want to take my money every month, which is way over priced, but they don't want to help the customer.

• Te
          teetertotter Feb 20, 2020

In most areas, DTV, has work subcontracted out to independent installers. I do have the phone number of our local independent installer, but must first contact DTV for service. You can ask for the work order number too, that would be given to the independent installer. ATT DTV saves $$$ by not having their own installers on the payroll.

DirecTV directv customer service

Customer service hung up on me when asked for assistance in closing my account. They have a new systmen and apparently you now need a passcode to even have them look at your account. I always had helpful customer service in the 20+ years we have used direct tv. That customer service is gone and I will be closing all my accounts with them as soon as I am able to set up a passcode.

Jan 16, 2020

DirecTV — switching tv service to directv

A Direct TV salesperson, Dylan Clark, came to my door here in Fresno Ca. Using high pressure sales tactics he...

Jan 09, 2020

DirecTV — billing issue and lack of customer service

In spring of 2019, I called Direct TV to give them a new credit card; my previous card had been hacked. A...

DirecTV the way you treat your customers

I am a Disabled Marine Veteran and had Direct TV until I had a Medical Hardship. Now that I had to cancel I get treated like I'm a piece of trash. That's just my opinion. I hope you don't treat the rest of your customers like me. Especially telling them you are going into their bank accounts and take money without their permission. Direct TV is the most worst company I have ever dealt with. Never again will I subscribe to Direct TV nor will I recommend it to anyone. Even if it is a stranger. Everyone I come into contact with, I will let them know how bad this company is. To be treated the way I have been is Horrible. Hope you don't treat the rest of your customers the way I have been treated.

Jan 04, 2020

DirecTV — pay per view customer service

Recently I ordered a movie but only rented it. Once I finished the movie, I realized that I wish I had bought...

Direct TVprogramming

We switched to Direct TV from Dish because Dish couldn't provide us with the channels we wanted on a reliable basis. Direct TV has, however, screwed up our address and billing from day one - which was only six months ago. Now we don't get NBC and they appear to try to blame this on NBC when the truth is they are trying to negotiate a deal so that they make more money and they're doing that on the backs of their customers. The only way to have an impact on these big companies is for large groups of people to fight back - to RESIST the corporate greed that infiltrates our life on a daily basis. We need to insist that companies we give our money to adopt a new attitude toward customer service (or how ANY attitude toward customer service).

Jan 02, 2020

DirecTV — contract fee charged despite appeal

Directv lost all credibility when AT&T bought them out. I had been a customer since 1992. I moved them to 5...

DirecTV damage

Can you please advise why your technician felt it was appropriate to leave our drive way like this.

I expect that you will be discounting our bill to cover the costs of repair.

5118 Cypress Cove
              Katy Texas 77494

2nd January 2020 2.30PM

Technician detail not known but his phone number is [protected].

I will expect a reduction from our ATT (Direct TV service charges to cover the damage)

Thank-you

Neil Ferguson
              [protected]@msn.com
              Phone [protected]

damage

DirecTV directv

Acct#[protected] Dave Knott.
                After over 20 years of service I was advised that I would not receive a loyalty discount on my account this year thus raising my bill $70.00 a month. I'm retired on a fixed income and only got a 1.6% raise on my SS this increase is impossible to deal with. The girl or lady I dealt with acted as if she could care less and stopped my service as of 1/17/20 and is mailing boxes for me to return the receivers. I'm also a AT&T wireless customer and this will effect my future dealings with them. I've checked out HULU and can get the equivalent service for $83.97, half your cost. Don't like change but I have no choice.
                Shame to be treated like this.

DirecTV directv

i have tried three times unsucessfully to obtain a refund on a canceled directv account. i've been put on hold, transfered, lied to and hung up on. I don't have the account number, my name is John Kitto. the phone number tied to this account is [protected] and the pin 9667. I am due a refund of 79.34, the first agent told me check would be sent in seven working days, the second stated monies would be credited back to my checking account. Today is the topper that i have already received my refund. the monnies were taken from my account on 11/26/19 with out my knowledge causing an overdraft on my account. Hopefully you can assist me in the matter.

John Kitto

Direct TVinstallation at my home on nov. 26, 2019

I am writing to you because the man who installed my new Direct TV equipment used our old power cords for the boxes we had previously. We had not yet, sent them back to Direct TV and our installer asked if we still had the old power cords. He stated, "They only want the boxes and remotes back. They don't worry about the power cords." When I went to mail them back, finally after the crazy holiday season, they told me they DO need the old power cords along with the boxes and remotes. Now we are out 3 cords. I need 3 new power cords so that we do not get charged. Can I please have our installation specialist's phone number ? We have to get new cords from him.
                    Kelly Bemis
                    [protected]
                    [protected]@gmail.com

RESOLVED

I contacted installer and he is brining me replacement cords.

DirecTV service discontinued, equipment returned, still being billed

DirecTV was notified in mid-August 2019 about cancellation of service due to moving. The equipment was subsequently returned at their request through UPS in early September, and receipt received from UPS. Each month however, I have received a bill of an outstanding charge, with does not exist, and today it was billed to my credit card on file. I have notified DirecTV customer service numerous times via phone and in writing, and they continue to bill me for services they DID NOT provide - the equipment had already been returned to them. Their customer service and customer experience is terrible, and I would never use them again or recommend them.

Dec 23, 2019

DirecTV — worst experience ever with direct tv

In February of 2019, I signed up for a Direct Tv and Century Link combo, my bill was only supposed to be $120...

Dec 16, 2019

Direct TV — cable tv

I have never written a complaint about any company. Usually when there's a problem with a service they...

DirecTV disconnection

I dropped directtv in may they continue to bill me i have talked to them they say they see i dropped them in may but dont know how to fix the problem other people tell me this has happened to them also, im not sure how to resolve this since nothing seems to work i called a number and it went directly to collection people why would i pay for something i no longer have sent all the boxes and equipment back in may why is this a hassle when i have talked to them have been on the phone on hold and nothing is ever resolved

• Updated by Directtv6 · Dec 13, 2019

I dropped dircettv in may and am still getting billing requests you have now turned it over to collections i cannot get a human to talk to i feel there is such a lack of you guys doing anything to help solve the problem reference [protected]

• Updated by Directtv6 · Dec 13, 2019

I dropped directtv in may they still have not fixed the issue which I have been told by them they see my disconnect in may but cant figure out why im still being billed they have now turned it over to collection I have talked to other people they havedone this to

Dec 12, 2019

DirecTV — customer service/new receiver box

I received an email from Directv back in October 2019? or there about saying that they would no longer...