Having problems with DirecTV?

DirecTV reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 20, 2006. The latest review Installation was posted on Jun 4, 2021. The latest complaint installation at my home on nov. 26, 2019 was resolved on Dec 27, 2019. DirecTV has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 2008 reviews. DirecTV has resolved 536 complaints.

DirecTV Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 531 5000 (Customer Service)
2230 E Imperial Hwy
Thu8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Fri8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sat8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sun8:00 AM - 12:00 AM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with DirecTV Customer Service. Initial DirecTV complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for DirecTV above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about DirecTV. Discuss the issues you have had with DirecTV and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

DirecTV Complaints & Reviews

DirecTV directv/internet

I cancelled my service on October 15 2019. I was told it would be turned off on October 18 2019. I was overcharged for new cycle balance known by Direct TV on October 23 2019. I called starting on November 2 2019 and several calls later I am still waiting for refund December 7 2019. Representative extremely argumentative on December 7th and would not let me hardly get a word in. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! I put my trust in giving them access to ACH my account and they abuse my trust and nearly 60 days since I cancelled my account and they betray me by sitting on money that is mine. During this process I have spoken with several reps and I always was told it's processing. THE CHECK IS IN THE MAIL STORY!!! Shame on You Direct TV.

Dec 05, 2019

DirecTV — overall experience with upgrading equipment

I've been a customer for close to 15 years although I did transfer to ATT U-Verse for a year or so and then...

DirecTV satellite service

I have never have dealt with a more dishonest company and so hard to contact, do not do business with this company, they are dishonest and out to bilk you every month. they will not honor their contracts. terrible company. would not honor the original contract sold by costco. you will never know what your next months bill will be even when you finally get to contact and ask. nothing up front about direct tv and has a horrible reputation with the public. only signed up because we were costco customers and thought they would be different because of that but NOT!

DirecTV unethical behavior

Directv promised that I could suspend service on a second home when ever I needed with no limits. I have had to battle with customer service every time to suspend the service and now they are telling me I can only suspend service 2 times per year and I have to wait until April, 2020 until I can suspend it again. They lied to me about the ability to suspend service and thus I want to cancel my contract without any early termination fee. I have 17 months left on the contract. My email address is [protected]@gmail.com.

Dec 04, 2019

DirecTV — customer service

Issue began when I scheduled my move through Direct TV. The installer arrived, drilled holes in my roof...

Dec 03, 2019

DirecTV — $10 amount I am being billed for hd.

When I signed up for Direct TV ten years ago I was told as long as I have auto pay I would have HD free for...

Dec 03, 2019

DirecTV — technical support

On November 27th, my Direct TV was not working, receiving 771 code and 775 code. Started the process of...

DirecTV rv travel and no local channels as was sold to us

After over a month and nearly 30 hours of phone calls to every department and phone number ATT wants to charge $480 for early termination for service we never got. No local chanels available which was why we signed up for $70 a month. Paid a month and a half for nothing. Also going to cancel our nearly 20 years of home service also. Never have I had this much problem with ANY customer service in 71 years.

DirecTV direct tv

I had direct tv for over 2 years and try ti cancel and still charge for another month. Cancel for the month of Nov and being charge for the month of Dec . I just wondering is AT&T that hard up for money and they need to gouge the customer for every penny they can get .lf it is that way I don't need AT&T again I will use somwone wlse.I use Dish Network and they don't take advantage of the customer like that.The customer service AT&T have will not listen to you all they they want to do is crammed down your throat is what they want to say and not listen to you.

• Sh
              Sherri Miles Dec 04, 2019

I am going through the exact same thing. My contract was up September 18, 2019, and I was told to call a few days before the 18th and cancel my service. Which I did. Now I am being threatened by Direct TV for 2 additional months of service. I have tried telling them this is incorrect. If they turn this in against my credit, I believe I will start a campaign and find enough people that have suffered the same harassment from Direct TV and file a Class Action lawsuit! Oh and by the way, I am a Paralegal!

• Re
              Rebecca Lucas Jan 06, 2020

@Sherri Miles Curious if you had resolution on this matter? I am having similar issues and Direct TV has now sent my information to debt collectors. To clarify they owe me money but are falsely claiming I owe them money. They won't do anything to resolve the matter, they say I now have to deal with the debt collectors. Also said to me they would "erase my debt, if I just signed back up with them", which is insanely corrupt, they are basically committing extortion.

Nov 25, 2019

DirecTV — company and customer service.

(CEO) Direct TV Corporate Lanier Richardson Office Headquarters #[protected]/#[protected] 2230 East Imperial...

Direct TVtv service

For the second month in a row our Direct TV service stopped working. Direct TV requires someone to stand in front of the tv and go through a service check before they will send someone out. Our house is a weekly rental which makes it difficult. It also allows only the name on the service contract to request a technician. It is a painful and frustrating experience. It was bad enough the first time and now it has happened a second time. To top it off it will be THREE DAYS before they get around to sending a technician.

Either their product is bad or they don't have enough technicians. Either way, waiting three days for service is UNACCEPTABLE!

Nov 23, 2019

DirecTV — directv

I would like to share my recent experience with AT&T DirecTV. I have been a customer since 2000. On August...

DirecTV direct tv early termination fee

I have never been more frustrated in my life. I had Direct TV for three years. After the first 2 years, my monthly rate was going to skyrocket. I called to cancel and they offered me a discounted rate of $38 for twelve months. I accepted the new rate.

At the end of the period, without any notification to me, I was charged $149 for monthly service. I called to cancel, thinking they would offer me a reasonable rate. They only offered a $15 monthly discount. I declined, canceled my agreement and returned the equipment.

A few weeks later I received a "final" statement with a $80 early termination fee. I called Direct TV to ask where in the world they come up with that fee. They said I was under contract. I asked what contract and they could not tell me.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH DIRECT TV, or AT&T. THEY ARE A BUNCH OF CROOKS!

Nov 18, 2019

DirecTV — unlawful charge

DicTV is the most unfair and unjust cable network service i have ever witnessed. They cancelled my service...

Nov 18, 2019

DirecTV — installed a satellite dish on our property without landlord permission and in violation of our community rules

DirectTV installed a satellite dish on our rental property without landlord permission and in direct...

DirecTV charging for whole month when disconnecting service

We recently had multiple problems with DirecTV service. When we went to disconnect, they asked to call back in a few days with a different price. We never received a call and disconnected but was 2 days into the month service. They are charging the whole month and not prorating.
                We have been customers of ATT for > 25 years.
                They do not seem to care.

Nov 14, 2019

DirecTV — service relocation

I suspended my service in late Sept. as I sold my house and bought a new one. When I called to reestablish...

DirecTV signal loss

It is 11 am on Indianapolis, In On Nov 11. The weather is clear, no wind, no storns, bright and sunny. And, as it is becoming a common occurrence, I have no signal. Quite honestly, your service, at this point is real crap and is getting worse each week. As of late, it is getting more common. Cable may cost more, but I could at least use it. It is extremely, if NOT impossible to contact customer service as the lines are all "busy", and there is no way to email them. This tells me that you don't have a fix for this and, quite frankly, don't really give a damn. Why should I stay with your "service" ?!????

DirecTV cancelled tv service

We moved to a new address that doesn't accept Direct TV...We cancelled our acct. When Direct TV service came and dismantled our equipment he threw it in a box...it was old and outdated. I asked what I do with the equipment and he said "bring it back to Direct TV" We were unable to drive that distance. I called Direct TV...and they stated that I should discard the old equipment...I didnt hear anything from Direct TV until I found out 6-months later a fee of $195.72 went to collections!
                    Im very upset at being told to get rid of this old equipment and then being charged!

Direct TVservice to standard receivers

I have been a customer of Direct TV since 2002. We have 4 Receivers, 2 HD and 2 Standard. We lost our local channels on the Standard Receivers. I called Customer Service and was informed that the Standard Receivers would no longer support the local channels in Chicago, IL. I was informed that I would need to replace the Standard to HD Receiver.

WHY was I not informed ahead of this change??!!! No message, no email, nothing in the mail.

Now 2 of my TVs will not have service of local channels until tomorrow when Direct TV is coming to replace them.
                      This was POOR management on someone.
                      After all these years I expected better of Direct TV.
                      I was offerred no fee for installation of new receivers.
                      Seems little to me after being a customer for 17 years.

Tom and Laura McNIcholas