Having problems with DirecTV?

DirecTV reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 20, 2006. The latest review Installation was posted on Jun 4, 2021. The latest complaint installation at my home on nov. 26, 2019 was resolved on Dec 27, 2019. DirecTV has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 2008 reviews. DirecTV has resolved 536 complaints.

DirecTV Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 531 5000 (Customer Service)
2230 E Imperial Hwy
Thu8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Fri8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sat8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sun8:00 AM - 12:00 AM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with DirecTV Customer Service. Initial DirecTV complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for DirecTV above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about DirecTV. Discuss the issues you have had with DirecTV and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

DirecTV Complaints & Reviews

Nov 10, 2019

DirecTV — directv genie died

I've been a directv customer for 20 years, I pay north of $150 every month for one DVR and 2 wireless Genie...

Nov 08, 2019

DirecTV — attempted to transfer responsibility

I have spent a lot of time trying to transfer responsibility of my DirectTV to my soon to be ex-wife who i...

Direct TVpackage I didn't authorize

I found out that I have been paying for a movie package I did not authorize. Two weeks ago a rep at your company informed me that I would receive a refund of $114.00 via the mail. I have not received the refund. I spoke today 11/6/19 to two different reps I was told I would only be getting a credit of $15.00. I was lied to by the rep weeks before and was refused the right to speak to a supervisor. I am paying for your companies mistake and this is unacceptable. Please help me to get this situation corrected. Dean and Julie Masajada.

DirecTV satellite/ promotion

I was called by someone representing DirecTV and was told that because u was a valued customer and to say rhanks I would be receiving certain channels for free for three months. I was asked if that would be something I would be ok with to wgick I replied " sure." I was then told that the channels would be added, to enjoy them and to have a great day. Now what I wasn't told was that after a certain amount of months I would be responsible for paying for those channels. Had I been given that information I would have never agreed to have the channels added. DirecTV has people to call customers to say thank you, here's a token of our appreciation and hopefully you won't pay attention to you bill after a few months so we can charge you for something you didn't ask for. They are really trying to get over on their customers.

Nov 03, 2019

DirecTV — toasted by software updates

As a life member and Fellow of the worlds most prominent engineering societies I have had it with...

Nov 03, 2019

Direct TV — no customer care and service

Every time I have a technical issue I end up in the other side of the world taking to nice clueless people...

DirecTV network pulled from lineup

I live in Cambridge, MA, and have been a customer since December, 2018. Recently, when looking to watch the Boston Celtics game on NBC Sports Boston, I discovered that the station had been dropped by DirectV in March, due to pricing disagreements. I have no other options to watch Celtics games, unless I want to pay an additional $50-$60 per month for an Internet streaming service, which I can't afford to do. I would cancel my service if not for the fact that I have another 13 months on my contract; I will definitely be cancelling, though, once my contract is up. This kind of disruption should void one's contract.

DirecTV early termination fees

My Sister:Delores Tolliver, last 4 digits soc.3781 pass code 0722, phone # [protected]
        She was convinced by someone from Century Link to switch to Direct tv. She told that person no, but she kept trying to get her to switch, My sister was confused and did not understand what was involved in the switch, when she saw the bills she was in shock and could not understand what was going on. When she called and cancelled the switch, they said she owed nothing, then Century Link said she had to pay Century Link the cancellation fee. My sister is a senior citizen and handicapped and cannot handle business, and to be pressured on top of it is worse, she is on a very small income, and cannot afford the extra fees that were being charged, Would you please discontinue charging any early termination fees involved to this action. These sales people don't seem to care as long as they make a sale. If there is any doubt of this please call Delores for confirmation and let me know so I can keep up on this for her. My name is Joyce Beach, my e-mail is [protected]@yahoo.com, phone [protected] I am a Directv customer also and have been for 17 years. I am asking you please to cancel these fees for her.

DirecTV complaint

To Whom It May Concern at Direct T.V.,
           I am one of thousands of victims who used to be your customer.
           Direct T.V. raised my monthly bill without my permission in April.
           Direct T.V. owes me $50 per month for April, May, June, July, and August.
           Direct T.V. owes me $250.
           On August 30th, when I finally succeeding in cancelling my service, I got to speak to a U.S. Citizen about the months of calls.
           Naturally, she offered to lower my bill to $70 be even lower than the $90 it was not supposed to ever exceed! And, she promised I would be reimbursed the $250. I was not.
           Instead, Direct T.V. had the AUDACITY to illegally charge my ATM card. I NEVER GAVE PERMISSION FOR THIS.
          I spent MONTHS of calling your company, repeating conversations, speaking to ill-informed staff overseas, and got NOWHERE. All I did was spend hours upon hours on hold.
          Not a single human being was able to give me an email address of a human being to contact.
          Even now, I do not have a single email address.
          I tried Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and your website. What is this? I guess it is all a joke to your company.
          And, I think someone ought to file a class action lawsuit against you-but like me, they will have trouble finding a contact. It is better put in an attorney's hands. And, I am sure it has been.
          For now, may I please have the $250 promised to me on the 8/30 call?
          And, can someone remove the disc and take back your equipment?
          And, of course Bank of America has strict rules to NEVER ALLOW A TRANSACTION from your institution to be debited from my account for any reason.

I am passing a copy of this letter to Bank of America as well.
          I look forward to hearing back from someone VIA EMAIL if that is at all possible: [protected]@yahoo.com.
          If not, you may phone me: [protected].
          Kind regards, Michelle Highberg

DirecTV service

I have been with Directv many years and AT&T wireless for 20 years I have never had a problem until the past couple of months we moved and tried to get our service with Directv moved the installer told us we need to have some electrical work done we did there was nothing wrong with our electric we paid an electrician $150.00 to tell us that, we were still in the process of moving Directv disconnected our service at our old address we did not ask them to, they reconnected it but our bill went up from 69.00 to 109.00 for 1 month, today we tried to get our service moved and the new bill will be 126.00 a month my husband told them didn't want there service anymore, they didn't try to help us to lower our, so we are DONE WITH DIRECTV...
            And possibly AT&T wireless

DirecTV tv service (billing)

Attached is the chat transcript that I had with a account support specialist on October 24 2019. Wanted to make a change to my previous payment arrangement. Per Jeremiah. He was not able to make any changes but said not to worry. He said to disregard my payment arrangement and rest assured that my services would not be interrupted and just to make sure to make a payment on or before November 5th. This morning my services have been interrupted after a promote was made that it wouldn't. I have talked to 7 different people at direct TV, 2 of them supervisors. None of them would honor that documentation that I had. I was lied to and a promise had been broken to me even though I have proof of that promise. 2 of the Supervisors, one was named Jelly, she was rude and not helpful at all. She was not listening to me. Something needs to be done. I will take this all the way to corporate and beyond if I have to.

tv service (billing)

DirecTV nbc channel

I live in Merced California. We switched to Direc TV in September and have had problems ever since. On Sunday our NBC channel would not work it gives a message that there is a technical problem and will be resolved. 24 hours later and it still has technical difficulties. I'm not sure what is going on but as much as we pay for this service we need answers as to why this channel and others are not accessible. Please get this problem fixed as we pay our bills we have service that is solely lacking and this is unacceptable.
                The Waller family
                Merced CA. And no NBC channel

DirecTV programming

You dont have the consumer in mind I tried getting the trailblazer basketball games and all you do is black them out even though I'm in eastern oregon out of the portland area I dont get local portland channels but still you black me out. You keep lying to me saying you dont have any control of it. I know better than that you just want to get more money from us which you do with league pass then you black us out. I'm really sick of you lying . I have friends living closer to the portland area who dont get blacked out. I am trying to find a new provider so I dont have to deal with layers and cheats

DirecTV home service

DirectTV is unable to service the contracted equipment which includes a standard definition receiver. They require an upgrade to a high definition receiver even though it is currently connected to an older TV which is not high definition. The HD receiver requires substantial additional monthly fees. This is extortion and I will be looking for an alternate service after 12 years of Direct TV.
                    This is not a surprise after the AT&T acquisition.

DirecTV charges on HBO, Starz, Showtime and Cinemax

FBG, TX 78624

Service Address
                      287 Cedar Trail
                      FBG, TX 78624
                      (Janice Ferguson) who lives at this address
                      [protected]

To Who It May Concern;

Charges : HBO, Stars, Showtime and Cinemax $53.99

I cancelled these free channels that I had for 3 months and I have been charged every month and I don't even have the channels on my tv. When I cancelled on the phone with one of your customer service representative it was taken off but I looked back on my bills and noticed that I am still being charged for these channels. I have already called and tried to talk to your customer service representative all of them have made mistakes when I call because they do not understand our English language very well. So she says I see where you have been charged and I will take this month off and I tried to explain to her that no I have been charged every month and I cancelled this before the 3 month was up and still being charged monthly and I don't even have the channels. She still did not understand what I was saying so I am writing you guys to explain what the call was about. So please look into my account and call me and let me know that you have reimbursed me for these charges.

I do not have a scanner here at my house to attach any documents but your company should have them since I get a monthly bill from your comany with these charges.

Janice Ferguson
                      [protected]@gmail.com
                      Ray Geistweidt
                      [protected]

DirecTV corporate confusion, leads to lies, and doubt about my choice of directv

Two months ago my debit card was hacked, BB&T killed tha card and issued me a new one. I made all the calls, including directv and gave them my new number. I have been an automatic payment customer for 16 years, and expected the young lady to enter my number, and life to go on. Somehow, she did not enter my card correctly, direcrtv never called me, the next thing I new, I got a double bill, in the mail for 249.05. My bank BB&T electronically sent 183.00 on the 17 th of Oct. I was going to, on the next billing pay the current fee, plus the 66.05 due. I awoke on Sunday Oct 20 and most of my channels had been canceled.
                        I have been on the computer and phone with your people ever since. I found the 183.00 over in my cell phone account, I live in an area where we cannot bundle everything, I told customer service where it was. Avery nice lady worked fror an hour, then told me all was well, she would order my service turned back on. I'm still waiting, I've talked to about 6 more of your people, they all ave a different story, a different account balance and story abour why my service has not returned. You are starting to make "Dish" look pretty good

Respectfully
                        Tom Moffitt acct# [protected] tel: [protected]

DirecTV billing auto/pay

Since signing back up with Directv I have had billing issues starting in month 2 I am supposed to receive a $10 a month credit for auto bill pay. Month 2 the system deleted my autopay and they would not credit me that $10. When I went to year 2 of the contract the second month I was billed twice. Sept 5th and then again on 22nd. I called on Sept 23 stating I needed a refund for the double charge. I was on the phone with them for 23 minutes. A refund was to be issued in the form of a Visa gift card and was told I would receive it by the end of the week. I called on Oct 1 stating I have not received my gift card and a that on Friday 27th a refund was issued instead of the gift card. I received the credit to my card on Oct 4th.

I called back on Oct 7th and spoke with someone for 17 minutes and explained to them that my autopay was not deducted. I was told that I did not owe anything and that my next bill date was Oct 22nd and that would be my new auto-pay date.
                          I called on Oct 15 at 11:10 am and spoke with someone for 13 minutes. I wanted to make sure I did not owe anything because I believed I still owed. The lady checked my account and said that I did not owe anything and that on Oct 22 only $63.59 will be paid. I called back later that night and spoke to a gentleman and explained to him that I want to make sure that on Oct 22nd two payments would not come out or to let me know so I can plan. Once again I was informed that only 1 payment will be autopay. I was on the phone with them for another 13 min.

Today I was in fact charged for 2 payments. I called to cancel my service I spoke with 2 people for a total of 28 minutes. The last gentleman I spoke with looked at my account and could not figure out why my billing autopay date has changed. I requested to cancel the service and the end of the current billing period.
                          I was told that I could receive a cancellation fee for terminating the contract. I am filing this complaint because of the billing/autopay with Directv. When I go into the account with Directv I can not delete my credit card information. To ensure they no longer charge my account I need to issue a stop pay with my bank for fee of $33. I also feel that I should not have to pay the cancelation fee if charged because they caused the issues with their billing system.

DirecTV directv

Bill jump occurred after a payment on the account of my father who is seriously ill caused a service disconnection. The payments that have been made don't even reflect on the bill? Basically why was my father's service cut even though he paid on the bill before it even came and then he discovers he has a higher bill after the payment was made. He is on a limited budget. I'm pretty sure y'all are aware had this conversation with your customer service about a year ago after he was released from the hospital.

DirecTV equipment sent back - credit never received

I have Direct TV service as of right now and about 3 months ago a church across the street was installing a new sign and inadvertently dug up our internet cable which required a technician to come out and install a new router. But before he came out we had already had Direct TV send us a new router through UPS as we didn't realize the internet had been cut and just thought the router was bad. So when the technician came he fixed the internet and he took the extra router with him so we didn't have to take it to UPS and mail it back. We are now being billed 150.00 for the "unreturned" router. My cable has been turned off 3 times in less than 1 week, it was turned off on 10/15/19, 10/17/19 and again on 10/21/19. Every time I call they say " oh we are sorry" and turn it back on. They have repeatedly told me they have taken the charge off my bill as the equipment was turned in but yet my cable keeps being turned off. They also couldn't give me a discount or any type of explanation or assurance it wouldn't happen again. I'm satisfied with my service I'd just like for them to stop turning it off for non payment of a piece of equipment that I do not have. They have assured me multiple times when I have called not only on the dates that my cable was turned off to take care of this situation but also several times before to have the 150.00 taken off my bill before it even became an issue. I was also assured then too that it would be taken care of. My only goal is that they remove this charge from my bill and stop cutting my cable off. 3 times in 7 days is excessive but at least it only takes them less than 30 minutes to turn it back on once you finally get through to someone on the phone.

DirecTV wireless equipment

Last year I continuously received a message over and over again that my program is not supported by my hdmi cable and to replace cables.. disrupting my reception, usually at the climax of a movie or ball game.

There is nothing wrong with my cables.

I therfore ordered a new wireless box for my remote location.
                                It worked well for about amonth or so, but
                                now i am experiencing the same nonsense over and over again.

To get the message to quit appearing alls i have to do is bang the living [censored] out of the box and it stops.

There is obviously a flaw with this technology, else you are agravating us on pupose to buy something.

Very dis-satisfied with your wireless equipment.

Dennis Houston