Menu
DirecTV Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

DirecTV
reviews and complaints

www.directv.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

2.0 2197 Reviews

How responsive is DirecTV's customer service?

537 Resolved
1650 Unresolved
Almost disappeared 🫥
We're pretty sure that if DirecTV showed up wayyyy more often on ComplaintsBoard and paid more attention to reviews and complaints, it would lead to better results. But for now, the resolution rate doesn't show successful interaction with customers. We advise reviewers to be careful when communicating with DirecTV and be ready for the chance your problem might not get a response. It's also good to start looking for other solutions if your issues aren't fixed as you want.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for DirecTV has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

DirecTV reviews and complaints 2197

Sort by:

Newest DirecTV reviews and complaints

5:29 pm EDT

DirecTV Direct TV

I have been a customer of Direct TV for over 20 years. My account number is 388651. On the last week of August, our cable was cut. We called for repair. The repairman was supposed to be there on Sept. 9. We waited all day and no one showed. We called back. We are scheduled for this Saturday. We were told our bill would be adjusted for the time we were out of service. i FINALLY talked the woman on the phone into $30.00. That is all the adjustment we get for half a month plus our time of waiting for someone to show up that never did. That is an insult! We pay much, much more than that for half a month. I will more than likely be finding a replacement for Direct TV soon.

S
9:37 am EDT

DirecTV Not Getting What I Paid For

WATE Channel 6 has been off due to no fault of my own. Your negotiations with the other company has me not receiving what I contracted for. This has been going on for months now. I believe that Direct TV.AT&T should give a discount to me for the months not receiving what I am paying for and what I contracted for. Your company is in breach of contract. Your customer service seems to think that I should just stream or use my other electronics to get this channel. Not a satisfactory answer. I watch TV on a TV and only a TV. If I wanted to watch my shows on my computer, I would not have Direct TV. I have sent a letter asking for a response. Been a month at least and nothing. I am now researching alternative companies. Because even though "loyal customer" is bandied around, I do not believe this is true.

Desired outcome: A discount for the channel -two months. A discount for time and aggravation. If that is not good enough how about a discount for a veteran, a teacher, and a "loyal customer,"

G
1:05 pm EDT

DirecTV Lack of cbs channel in my viewing area

Direct TV and Netflix have been unable to resolve a contract dispute about carrying CBS's WKRG Channel in the Mobile, AL Area for months. Although some Alternate CBS Streaming channels may be available, they all come with a subscription fee. This is the first time I ever experienced a Cable Provider that was unable to resolve a contract dispute like this after such a long period of time. If it isn't resolved soon, I will be forced to change my Cable provider as I do not plan to miss the NFL and College games carried on WKRG. I will give Direct TV only 30 more days to get this problem resolved.

Desired outcome: Successful contract between Direct TV and Netflix to return WKRG CBS back to the Mobile, AL Viewing Area.

C
9:27 am EDT

DirecTV Local channels

First we lost Fox 51 local out of Tyler Tx. and now we have also lost NBC 56 local. Directv claims it it the fault of the local channels and the local channels claim its Directv fault. We live in rural area at least 50 miles from Tyler Tx. The external antenna Directv offers does not have the range to pick up signal from local channels.

These disputes need to be settled! Have missed many sporting events for several months and now with football season starting will be missing many more. This is ridiculous!

We are paying the more money for less so please quit passing blame.

Directv/AT&T, if you can’t settle these disputes then you need to offer local channels from another area like Dallas Tx.

Tired of this s shell game that you’re playing.

Desired outcome: Settle the contracts or offer channels from another area

6:45 pm EDT

DirecTV Customer Service

What a shame when you have a valid complaint, you can't even contact a manager let alone a CEO.    I will be cancelling my service as soon as my contract is up.    Why would I call customer service to register a complaint about another customer service rep?   How ridiculous.    It would be really helpful as well if the customer service ppl spoke English that was understandable.   Had 2 different reps and both were very very hard to understand.   Horrible customer service.

Desired outcome: Resolution to my issue

6:12 pm EDT

DirecTV Billing

I have been a DirectTV customer for many years. In January, after I retired, I cancelled DirectTV as I could no longer afford the outrageous bills. I called on January 30, 2023 to cancel. After many phone calls I finally was able to return the equipment as the "return package" never arrived at least twice. I was finally instructed to drop them off at the UPS Store, which I did.

My account number is [protected]

I called AGAIN on Feburary 7th as I had received an email that I had not paid my bill of $160.55. I was told on my first call that I would receive a statement in the mail indicating the balance I would owe, however, this appeared to be the full amount! I asked them to 1) stop my autopay as I only was willing to pay the balance owed after my cancellation. They told me then that they would be putting a statement in the mail to me in the amount of $16.05 (estimated).

I called AGAIN on February 15th as I received another email indicating that I still had not paid the full $160.55! They again told me that I would receive a revised statement in 7-10 days and was sending yet another return "kit" for the equipment.

I AGAIN called them on Feb. 24th as I again received an email telling me I had not paid the full amount, etc. They told me that the revised statement would be mailed to me soon. They also gave me the instructions to return the equipment to the UPS Store, which I was able to do. They also told me that the revised statement for 4 days would be sent within 45-60 days.

SO...rather than EVER receiving the revised final statement in the mail, I have now received a damn collection notification from Credence. What the Hell?

I am no longer getting emails (thankfully) only because I changed internet providers also so had to change me email address.

I am sending a copy of this complaint to the BBB to ask that they also help me with this since I am getting absolutely nowhere with you. Please FIX THIS ASAP!

Debra Martin

10013 Bayern Ln

Johnston, IA 50131

Desired outcome: 1. Send me the revised FINAL statement so I can pay it (as long as it is not for the full amount!) and2. Remove me from collections

P
7:39 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DirecTV Lack of customer service and too many undisclosed added costs

Do not call and get direct tv., it is misleading/undisclosed added costs, be aware they tack on install fee for a yr., which they don;t even came to my house, and some other service fee of 15.00.

August 13, 2023.. I called and cancelled my account due to lack of customer service and there are no local news channels, sports channels due to a lawsuit with nextstar, and the fact that is don't get certain channels, sports anything or have to subscribe to get channels I watch. The added costs all add up and I think that is really crappy of them.

Will tell all my friends to do not get direct tv, call another cable company

M
12:39 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DirecTV TV service through direct (are they scammers?)

Saw a promotion/ad for TV, Internet and Home Phone Service. So I called and got information on pricing and what TV package I could afford within my SS amount each month. I told this rep man Joe Lawrence what I was financially up against. I was told I would have to give either a credit card/checking account # before I could even sign up for this any package deal. However, I said, I could not give out this info. So I had to get a 1 time charge card at Walmart to get started, which was for $25.00/start-up fee). I asked for monthly mailing/billing. He really was not interested in this. However too, I did not know at that time that Direct and AT&T are joined together. (What a BIG MISTAKE THAT WAS for me.) Next thing I know Direct comes out to set me up. And low and behold I was told that AT&T would come out to finish setting me up with other (internet & home phone.) AT&T comes out days later than they were expected! Anyway, the price that was agreed upon was not what I was being billed (when I finally got my 1st bill.) Since then billing through AT&T has gone up EVERY MONTH. EVEN AFTER I WAS SUPPOSE TO PAY there WAS A LOT MORE CHARGED added. Since December (sign up), my phone, TV, Internet has been GONE WAY UP. I REFUSE TO PAY (I was told one thing), they have done other. SCAMMERS, SCAMMERS! Some one needs to do something about these corrupt Communication Companies. PS Even wrote to President of AT&T, and got no answer back! Its tells you something right there. They don't care about having an unhonest business!

Desired outcome: To get this pricing changed to what this REP at Direct told me that I would be paying for first year.

T
5:24 pm EDT

DirecTV Direct tv

Their equipment is garbage and their customer service is also garbage

They expect you to give personal banking information to people that are in other countries, their equipment shuts down for hours on end

I canceled their service in June, here it is end of July and I still haven't received any refund of the prepaid amount, looks like they are in hopes that I will come back to them, they are refusing to refund me my money

Desired outcome: I want my money with interest refunded immediately

10:16 pm EDT

DirecTV Unable to stop auto pay on closed Directv account #[protected]

I have been trying to solve this problem since April 13, 2023. I have spoken with multiple customer service agents that assured me the problem was solved and obviously it has not been taken care of. Below is a timeline of these attempts.

3-31-23 Disconnect (per your website)

4-6-23 Discontinued autopay (email attached from AT&T verifying that I

stopped autopay)

[protected] Return equipment receipt received via email

4-13-23 1st $190 debit from bank acct

Called customer service

Told in 2 wks $376.59 prepaid Master card would be issued

5-10-23 no Master card received

5-12-23 2nd $190 debit

5-13-23 spoke w/Andy(supervisor):

*told I should have cancelled autopay; which I did.

*he said he removed autopay.

*I told him I did not want a prepaid Master Card. I want a refund

back to the account from which it was debited.

6-14-23 3rd $190 debit

6-15-23 spoke Alicia (super:#466318):

*original customer service rep made a mistake on refund

*owed 3 mos; will process refund 6-20 and it will post 6-22 in the

bank account-"Guaranteed"

*removed autopay

6 -22-23 no refund

7-13-23 4th $190 debit

still no refund

My sister authorized Directv that I could handle her account prior to the disconnect date 3-31-23. I also have a Power of Attorney. I did not enclose a copy because of the warning not to include personal information. Alicia tried to lecture me about this but it doesn't surprise me that there may be no record of the authorization from my sister. Customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

Desired outcome: I want a refund into appropriate bank account for 4 months: April, May, June, July.I want auto pay removed from this account.I want an email verifying that this has been done.

S
5:40 pm EDT

DirecTV The premier protection dept of directv

To the Ceo Bill Morrow, I have been comunicating with the Premier Dept (Protection Program), for 1 and a half years. I took out this amount $25.99 every month for the mechanical items that we have, such as the TV and DVD and etc. My TV in March and year and a half ago our TV quit working, so I called Direct TV and have been doing everything we can in order to get a new TV, which we were told Direct TV is suppose to do when our TV quit working. We sent continuously pictures, and the several times a copy of a claim Facilitation Form. This last time sending a form in I went to our Fax place in town and had the company fax it to the dept. I sincerely am so surprised that Direct TV cannot hold up their end of their bargain by following what the Protection Dept. is suppose to do when items break down. I am tired of dealing with this department and would like you to see if you can help us get our a new TV that this department is suppose to do. My name is Karen Lambert-Stutts and husband William Stutts. Our phone numbers are [protected] hm ,&[protected] cell, We do live in a rural area so please leave a message on home phone if we do not answer. Also the dept did send me a note saying they were not doing anything which is just wrong as I said that is what the dept. is suppose to do. Sincerely, Karen L. Stuttts

Desired outcome: Our new TV We had an Ellement 40 inch

View 0 more photos
F
10:49 pm EDT

DirecTV The package

I call directv to order service from a flyer we got in the mail! Talk to a representative told him what channel we watch the most. He told me the package included all channels we talked about. After installation we did not get the channels so called back the representative said all channels would be on next package up in pricing. All packages included 3 months premium channels for 3 months free which we did not receive. Called back and talk to another representative he said yes sir you are suppose to get them. But since I upgraded packages I was not eligible for that deal. Now it was their fault I had to change packages that is not good customer service. That making false advertising!

9:08 pm EDT

DirecTV My CBS station

I have had Directv for years and now have no CBS station. I am still trying to figure out why I have to have my channels in West Virginia when I live in Kentucky. I want Kentucky news not West Virginia news. Your prices keep rising and we keep losing stations I have enough channels for selling stuff and Christian stations and not enough good stations to watch. If something doesn’t happen I will switch to a new provider.

9:46 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DirecTV Directv customer service representative lied!

In March of this year My Husband called to pay our DISH Cable bill when a message came across our TV. He called the number and spoke to a Customer Service Representative named James, who informed him that DISH and Direct-TV were merging companies and he would have to switch our cable provider from DISH Network to Direct-TV. He was assured that the new Service would provide him with exactly the same programming that we had previously with exactly the same channels we had. My husband is very set in his ways and watches the same programs weekly, example "This Old House" every Saturday morning. Believing that James was an honest representative he had him hook, line and sinker! He was set with new service to be installed March 24, 2023.

When the installer came, my husband was told that the 2 Companies DID NOT MERGE and my husband was crushed. Not only did James lie to him, we do not get all the same channels as promised . Every time it sprinkles outside, the service goes out so the service is at 75%. After many calls to customer service, he talked to a Supervisor today 6/24/2023 (who would not give her name), he was told it did not matter that he was lied to, there was nothing that could be done to get the channels he was told we would have, we would have to upgrade service for an extra fee and when he inquired about cancelling was told it would be almost $500.

What kind of company has their employees lie to get new business? And what happened to customer rights? My husband is in no way perfect, however he is an honest hardworking man who has been employed with the same company for over 40 years and makes an honest living. He is very upset about being lied to and worse yet your company doesn't care about making it right, only about making him pay more monthly to get what he was promised. I really hope that someone will make time to fix this issue and take it seriously.

Jennifer Bennett-Barrow

3944 Telephone Rd

Cincinnatus, NY 13040

[protected]

Desired outcome: A phone Call for my husband apologizing for the lies he was told and Either upgrade service to what he was promised or cancel our service with NO penalty

12:06 pm EDT

DirecTV Directv billing

They are terrible. We had direct TV for years. When the weather bad we lost the signal. My wife went to the store and they sold her cable boxes. They told her she would have to upgrade her internet. The crew came into our yard botched trees, ran wires from the awning. Looked terrible. Went by the store Supervisor came by could not do anything. We got the Sunday ticket they kept billing after the season. Always had a story final payment, final billing payment, final payment after billing cycle. Went to store told Manager we returned the boxes and they informed us we were good. Went to Xfinity and started serving. Went to direct TV website and canceled never showed balance. We canceled direct TV in March 23. On June 23 my wife received a email bill from direct TV claiming we owe $385. I called they told me it was a cancelation fee. I asked for Justification they told me we canceled to early. I asked what they considered early we had been with them 20 years. He was the rudest Indian I ever dealt with and told me the fee must be paid and hung up. Later a lady from California called me and explained that the amount was $94 for the final month and the fee was $289. I offered to pay the $94 as a good faith and waive the fee. She said that it is not possible. It is their policy that when we purchased the equipment for the cable a new contract starts. I told her to send me the contract we signed, the final bill and breakdown and how they came to $289 as the fee. She said she is sending it now. Two weeks we heard nothing. Now we get a call from a Miami collection agency representing them. I asked how they came up with the $385. She said I should know it is a fee we agreed to. She was rude condescending and hung up. Apparently they are an unethical money grabbing organization.

Desired outcome: Waive this fee.

G
2:01 pm EDT

DirecTV channel package

I have the same package for a number of years which included HBO Cinemax & showtime. Today i go on and those channels are missing, In looking this up find out they are not included in what is my package and are only in pricier package,

I can't get any service rep to tell me what changed and when, All they can say is my package has not changed for at least three months. this is on 6/22

Also the service rep quality and response has been sorely degraded, What should be half hour takes almost two.

Desired outcome: I need a response that makes sense , that would me stay with both att & direct tv, because now I am looking at changing both,

10:48 am EDT

DirecTV My bill to be $ 64 as agreed in the new contract!!!

My Direct TV went up (and up & up).. after spending an hour on the phone to reps (more than one) they agree to keep your services at a certain amount in an agreement.. and then up your bill again.. I don't have time to be on the phone with incompetent reps.. They lie to get you in agreement to get the customer off the phone.. My bill is supposed to be &65:.. I agree to a special last month over a telephone. I'm so sick of being lied to & taken advice this company! If I take the time to stay on the phone w/a rep for an hour & it's agreed upon the amount each month.. I want it to be exact! I use to like Direct TV but when ATT took over it was horrible.. still is..

7:53 pm EDT

DirecTV Direct TV streaming

I called Two weeks ago to set up service for the 1st of July when I am moving from Savannah, GA where I have Comcast to Jacksonville, FL. I am told that since I need a box to set up the streaming before then they will mail it to my address in GA. Keep in mind it is all for the 1st and I have cable service here with another company. Imagine my surprise when I find a charge for $89.99 on the 17 of June. I call and ask for my money back and I am told that it is too bad I was misinformed and no return of my money since in their book 14 days after that call is when my account is active. So I was misinformed by them and still charged.

B
8:55 pm EDT

DirecTV Direct tv

My bill is over 200 dollars and my neighbors trees have grown in the way of My service and they wont move the dish and still want me to pay the bill. I shouldn't have to pay for it when I never was able to watch the service. And they are very rude my account address is 3151 s county rd 450 w frankfort indiana 46041 the tv service hasn't worked in over a month my pin is 2929 my account number is [protected] I would like this resolved thank you

Desired outcome: Move the dish and lower the bill for lack of service [protected] is my account

1:53 pm EDT

DirecTV Directv streaming

Directv Streaming lost all local channels overnight on June 3rd, 2023. Called "customer service" and did the "chat" on June 3, 2023. All we got was the typical uninstall and reinstall the app, restart fire stick. Nothing worked on all 4 tvs in our household. Got the runaround for a bit the the agent stated the app doesn't work with Vizio tvs. It was working for months prior and we only have 1 Vizio set. I suspect a bad software "update" was initiated overnight, but nothing from online chat or phone agents. The phone agent "Linda" stated we have no pending or posted payments and our billing is prepaid on 6/2/23 so she could not issue a refund and to dispute with our bank. We canceled our service immediately after our encounters with "customer service" on 6/3/23. The new billing was initiated on 6/5/23 and posted on 6/7/23. Again called DTV Streaming on 6/8/23, "customer service" stated they do not offer immediate start/stop service on streaming. Further stating "no streaming service still offers that". She would not issue a refund although they are not providing the service we contracted and we cancelled 1 day past the billing cycle.

Desired outcome: Refund the last 30 day billing posted on 6/7/23 in the amount of $109.09.

DirecTV In-depth Review

Pricing and Packages: DirecTV offers a range of pricing options and packages to suit different budgets and preferences. Their pricing structure is transparent, with clear information on the costs associated with each package. Customers can choose from various package options, including basic, mid-tier, and premium packages, each offering different channels and features. The value for money offered by DirecTV's pricing is generally considered to be good, with competitive prices compared to other providers in the market.

Channel Selection: DirecTV provides a comprehensive list of channels, catering to a wide range of interests and preferences. Their channel lineup includes a diverse selection of entertainment, news, sports, and lifestyle channels. Additionally, DirecTV offers premium channels and sports packages, allowing customers to access exclusive content and live sporting events. The variety and diversity of channels offered by DirecTV are highly regarded by customers.

Equipment and Installation: DirecTV's equipment is known for its quality and reliability. Customers have reported positive experiences with the performance of DirecTV's receivers and remotes. The installation process is generally smooth and efficient, with professional technicians handling the setup. DirecTV also provides customer support throughout the installation process, ensuring any issues or questions are addressed promptly. While there may be additional fees or charges related to equipment and installation, they are clearly communicated to customers upfront.

Customer Service: DirecTV's customer service is responsive and effective, with representatives available to assist customers with their inquiries and concerns. Customers have access to various support channels, including phone, email, and online chat. The helpfulness of customer support agents is generally praised by customers. Based on feedback and reviews, customer satisfaction levels with DirecTV's customer service are generally high.

Reliability and Signal Strength: DirecTV's signal is known for its reliability and consistency. Customers have reported minimal disruptions or outages in their service. The signal strength may vary slightly depending on the location and weather conditions, but overall, DirecTV provides a strong and stable signal. Any reported issues or outages are promptly addressed by DirecTV's technical support team.

On-Demand and Streaming Options: DirecTV offers an extensive on-demand library and streaming capabilities. Customers have access to a wide range of movies, TV shows, and other on-demand content. The user interface is user-friendly, making it easy to navigate and access on-demand content. While DirecTV's on-demand library may not be as extensive as some other streaming services, it still offers a satisfactory selection of content. The quality of streaming is generally good, with minimal buffering or playback issues.

Contract Terms and Cancellation Policy: DirecTV's contract terms include a specified length, typically ranging from 12 to 24 months. Early termination fees may apply if customers cancel their contract before the agreed-upon period. The cancellation policy is transparent, with clear information on any associated charges. While some customers may find the contract terms restrictive, others appreciate the stability and benefits offered by longer-term contracts. Overall, DirecTV's contract terms are considered fair and flexible.

Overall User Experience: The overall user experience with DirecTV's services is generally positive. Customers appreciate the wide range of channels and packages available, as well as the reliability of the signal. The quality of customer service and support is highly regarded, with prompt and helpful assistance provided. While there may be some limitations in terms of on-demand content and contract terms, DirecTV is still considered a reputable and reliable service provider in the industry.

How to file a complaint about DirecTV?

**Guide on Filing a Complaint Against DirecTV on ComplaintsBoard.com:**

1. Log in or Create an Account:
- If you already have an account, log in to ComplaintsBoard.com. If not, create a new account to proceed.

2. Navigating to the Complaint Form:
- Locate and click on the 'File a Complaint' button at the top right corner of the ComplaintsBoard.com website.

3. Writing the Title:
- Summarize the main issue with DirecTV in the 'Complaint Title' briefly and clearly.

4. Detailing the Experience:
- Mention key areas such as transactions, nature of the issue, steps taken to resolve, personal impact, etc.
- Provide relevant information to support your complaint effectively.

5. Attaching Supporting Documents:
- Attach any additional supporting documents that can strengthen your complaint. Avoid including sensitive personal data.

6. Filling Optional Fields:
- Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses and the 'Desired Outcome' field to specify the resolution you seek.

7. Review Before Submission:
- Review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness before submitting it to ensure it effectively conveys your concerns.

8. Submission Process:
- Click the 'Submit' button to submit your complaint to ComplaintsBoard.com for review.

9. Post-Submission Actions:
- Regularly check for responses or updates related to your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com to stay informed about the progress.

Ensure each step is clearly defined to guide you effectively through the process of filing a complaint against DirecTV on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact DirecTV customer service

Phone numbers

+1 (800) 531-5000 +1 (855) 838-4388 More phone numbers

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with DirecTV?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with DirecTV Customer Service. Initial DirecTV complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for DirecTV above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about DirecTV. Discuss the issues you have had with DirecTV and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.