Having problems with DirecTV?

DirecTV reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 20, 2006. The latest review Deceptive charges. lies was posted on Apr 16, 2021. The latest complaint installation at my home on nov. 26, 2019 was resolved on Dec 27, 2019. DirecTV has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 2002 reviews. DirecTV has resolved 536 complaints.

DirecTV Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 531 5000 (Customer Service)
2230 E Imperial Hwy
Thu8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Fri8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sat8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sun8:00 AM - 12:00 AM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with DirecTV Customer Service. Initial DirecTV complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for DirecTV above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about DirecTV. Discuss the issues you have had with DirecTV and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

DirecTV Complaints & Reviews

DirecTV Account issues

Account [protected] on March 15 we left Florida for Canada due to the virus we are senior citizens with pre-existing. Our account was on season hold until Oct. The Canadian/US border is closed and will be for some time. I tried reaching out to customer service to extend the hold in May but all service lines are blocked from Canada including e-mail and chat. I had a neighbor call but they would not discuss she was not listed on the acc. I called Directv outlets and they were unable to help. I finally got a number for ATT collection explained my situation 7 times then someone arranged for a customer service agent to call me. My account went from a 93.00 credit to now 543.00 charge with service suspended and a request for equipment return. We could not use this service and now no way to return equipment my neighbor has the virus. I have been a Directv customer for a decade just asking for some understanding and respect 1 [protected]

DirecTV Billing

I moved and made an order to move the new boxes to the new home. I was told at that time that the 199 few would be waived. I have been a customer for 12 plus years. The technician came out for the install and of course he didn't what have what I ordered. He had the mini genie and not the full genie in which I ordered. Now they are telling me in order to send me the box I originally ordered they want to charge me the 199 fee. They told me it couldn't be waived. I'm so upset. Keep in mind I went without tv for 4 days in which in scheduled the install weeks ahead to be cancelled on last minute. I don't think this is fair. All I am asking is for the 199 to be waived and considering all the issues during this difficult time should not be this difficult

DirecTV Assurion

I have been without my TV 60 Sony since 19 Nov 2020. This all started when my tv stopped work and I called to get my tv repaired. I was informed that a Directv tech had to come out to my location to make sure it was not their equipment. That done and on Nov 19 a contractor came out and took my tv. I call on Nov 20 to complain that I did not have a document where they took my tv. I have been calling to check on the status. I got a supervisor that said the part was delivered this morning. I called back two days later and a customer service person called and put me in touch with ACS where the receptionist said they do not have the part. I called back the same area and got the same supervisor. She said that she would turn the case over to get a replacement or fair market value. I told the supervisor to ask for the fair market value and I would get my own tv. I did not want to be without tv for two major holidays. Now we get to where I am with the replacement team and they are believing the contractor over me instead of looking and the note that should have been on my case since Nov 19. The replacement supervisor said I am dodding my tv and they can not get in touch with me. They get a call log for me and also where whoever said they were trying to contact me. I have been the one calling. And here we are today

DirecTV Told that know longer under contract

My husband and I were told on Thursday December 17, 2020 that we were know longer under contact. We were trying to lower our service. That when we were told that we were out of contract. So we changed providers. Now We called to disconnect service we're to we are under contract. The account number is [protected]. I would appreciate if you would check the recording from the 17 of December. I wouldn't disconnect if I was still under contract. Thank you Anita & James Page

DirecTV No longer a channel

We are a very unhappy house right now!!! Some of our favorite shows are on Fox and CW! We have been watching shows elsewhere but we are over it. I'm sure it's because Of money!!! We pay a lot now and are currently looking into other services/ streaming. It's very disappointing as we have been Direct TV costumers forever!!! I really am not concerned with the why this is happening but I hope it's resolved prior to our cancellation!!! This is NOT OK!!!

DirecTV returning unneeded equipmet

on 11/27/2020 i canceled my upstairs tv. i was told that a kit would be mailed to me to return the receiver and they had to receive it within 21 days or i would be charged for it. i called them again on 12/06 letting them know i still had not received the mailing kit. i was told again one would be mailed out. as of today 12/16 i called again and spoke with a patricia who advised me there was no record of my last call and no order for a kit to have been mailed out.
            after appox 15 minutes of getting no results i finally hung up in frustration, all i want is a speedy resolution in returning this equipment

• Ca
                Catkam Feb 01, 2021

I am having the same problem! Waiting on boxes for 2 weeks now. Called several times and spoke with a supervisor still no resolve! All started on 1/18/2021. What is so hard about sending out boxes?

DirecTV Channels blocked

We already pay an astronomical amount of money for Directv and yet they won't pay Tegna so we are now without NBC, this is ridiculous! Now I see why so many people are canceling their service. With all the upcoming football and holiday specials this is just not acceptable. When you go on their website they tell you what you can try and do to get NBC shows but why should we as consumers have to go through all those steps to try and watch something? I know AT&T is trying to ditch directv so I don't think they care about their customers. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. Just pay NBC after all we as consumers sure pay you!

Joel_rea Feb 06, 2021

At&t has raised the rate for directv from $69 to $99 in less than a year, and they keep cutting channels. Att broke all contracts for Directv customers. We have lost the NFL channel that was part of the package. We keep losing more channels every couple of months. ATT has always been a disgrace. Their record has been the worst ever for a business. The entire country should shut off these lying criminal sob's!

• Ga
                  Gary Bockstruck Dec 13, 2020

I have been with this Directv for 20 years. I have been, for the most part, happy with the service I received. I am not now. I don’t want to hear about your problem with Tegna, mainly because it is YOUR PROBLEM not mine. I pay you for the service, which I am not getting. Fix the problem, and soon or I will be saying good bye to you.

Gary Bockstruck O’ Fallon, MO 63368 phone [protected].

Joel_rea Feb 06, 2021

@Gary Bockstruck I agree 100%! ATT should be put out of business. They scam people with b.s. and then switch on them. Taking away the NFL Network from Directv users is not our fault, but yours! You're the liars not keeping you word. Every single citizen should complain about this sorry company screwing everyone. I say it's time for AYT to go away forever. You had a million chances to stop screwing the people, but chose to do so anyway!

DirecTV Disconnection bill refund

I started with Direct TV in Oct 26 were Direct TV took 399.00 out of my account, I was told I would get the 200.00 returned to me. I want my money refunded. On Nov 9th 2020 I called Direct TV to cancel my service I was told service would be disconnected On Nov the 26th at midnight. On the 27th 2020 I disconnected all equipment from our TVs and Mailed all equipment back, on 12/1/2020.Today 12/08/2020 i recieved a bill from Direct TV. I was told that Direct TV did not disconnect me service until 12/02/2020. I want that bill to be gone because it's not my fault that they didn't disconnect when they said they was going to. Iwant my refund return

Joel_rea Feb 06, 2021

This is the doing of a corrupted company! They shouldn't be allowed to operate in the U.S. I am sick of losing channels and paying more! ATT can stick their business ethics and practices where the sun don't shine. There's no help for them! It's in their blood to screw over everyone! I have to move on very soon! The CEO must be a damn lunatic to think people will continue letting him screw us! Bye, bye

Direct TVLoss of nbc

Direct TV has dropped my NBC station, out of Boise Idaho. That was the channel that I watch the most. I am angry and very frustrated!!! I am an 88 year old female, and disgusted. I was ask to lengthen this, to stand a better chance. Unbelievable! If you can't read and understand this, I will soon be changing to Dish. Sad, sad, sad!!! Please act now!

Dec 07, 2020

DirecTV — The bill was never correct

I was told by Direct TV loyalty Supervisor to come to the website and share my very horrible experience and...

DirecTV TV Service

As today, I contacted Direct three times prior to be able to speak with representative without the call being dropped. We have been customers for more than 26+ years and call to make an arrangement on a disconnected service with a balance of $312. This is beyond subpar and ridiculous service that all businesses are willing to work with customers during this pandemic with the exception of Direct TV. This company needs to evaluate a merger that took place with AT&T awhile back as this merger didn't help improve quality and/customer service. Please review their business practices as they are solely only willing to inconvenience their customer with no accommodations unless you pay your bill in full.

Signed, Disgruntled and Unhappy Long Term Customer!!!

DirecTV Directv and kusa kdtv contract dispute

This is unacceptable service by DirectTV! We pay our bills to have the channels we want to watch.

Teresa Hammer
                      25+ year subscriber.
                      [protected]

Nov 27, 2020

DirecTV — Cynthia N. Ellis acct # [protected]

To whom this may concern: I am emailing in reference to a bill in the amount of $190.26. When I signed up...

DirecTV Cancel my service

I called to cancel my service in december and was told that I could not cancel that I am in the second year of a 2 year contract. I dont recall entering in a contract in 10/2019 when I received new equipment because we kept losing signal and was unable to watch tv.
                        I am in financial distress and I need to cut some finances. Unfortunately directv is something that I must disconnect.
                        The equipment is in perfect shape and should not be a problem to reuse.
                        Please review my case and get back to me as soon as possible I can't afford to drag this out for several months.
                        My email address is: [protected]@sbcglobal.net
                        My info is : account#[protected], bonita sapp 4109 creve coeur dr, columbia mo [protected]

DirecTV Service protection plan

I had a technician come to my home because I was having issues with two of my DirecTV boxes. The technician was great.

Today I received an email that my issue was resolved and that I signed to upgrade my Protection Plan to $20.99/month. I signed nothing, and this has happened every time I've had a technician come to my home. It's a scam.

Now I've been on hold for over 40 mins. trying to get this resolved. The first representative said that my plan is an older one, so he had to transfer me to get this resolved. Ridiculous! They obviously put me on eternal hold.

Saying that they 'captured my signature' and charging me without my consent is illegal.

DirecTV Early termination fee

Began new Directv service in October 11, 2018, understanding the 2 year commitment. Now, October 30, 2020, ready to cancel service. Being told that, because they replaced a defective mini-genie that I was leasing in December 2019, that this results in a new 2 year commitment. Now they want to charge $300 for me to cancel. I did not ask for the new equipment. They sent it to me to replace their own defective equipment. I did not pay for this equipment. Why should I be burdened with the new contract? I was NOT told there would be a reset to the 2 year agreement. If I had been told, I would have said "no". I feel this is a very deceptive and unfair practice, and would like the fee waived and service cancelled. The "customer service" "supervisor" claims this is a valid contract. How could it be valid if only one party is aware of it?

DirecTV Customer service rep

This is worse customer service that I have ever had to deal with. I had ordered NFL Sunday Ticket online but chose the incorrect payments, I wanted the installment pymts so I called 10/19/20 and was told that it had been taken care of but still getting calls about my account. Called yesterday and transferred 3 times before I was hung up on again so called today and spoke with a Supervisor who stated that she can not do a thing about this since the bill has been mailed but yet when I called 10/19/20 it was taken off. My online account shows that it was taken off but it hasnt been also Supervisor stated that I could do monthly payments but then stated that I had only until 11/9/20 to pay this in full. I truly regret changing providers and can not wait for my contract to expire to change to a new and improved provider.

DirecTV login technical support

I was on hold for over 30 minutes needing assistance with my login. Account [protected]. Then It just hung up on me. I have now been on hold for over an hour. I also tried the chat online support. On hold there too. This is ridiculous! How hard is it to get support? Maybe DIRECTV needs to hire more people if they cannot handle the workload and stop making the consumer suffer. We pay enough that we should expect quick Reponses when we need assistance.

I cannot login and the email that is tied to my account is not valid. I have not had that email for over 2 years. So obviously your online login help will not assist me. It just wants to send an email to me. You should supply other means of assistance, like a text to the phone number associated with the account.

Sep 09, 2020

DirecTV — Double billed

I have been double billed since the fall of 2019. I now get 3 statements for one address. I have a total of...

DirecTV Cancellation and charges

I have been a long standing customer of Direct TV and I was never thrilled with their lack of interest to give customers deals and lower pricing. I went to disconnect my service and because I am 1 day into the billing cycle they expect me to pay another $135 for service that I cannot access because of storm damage and it is service I will not be getting. Absolutely ridiculous! There is always a way to prorate services delivered. Quite frankly they just don't have in an interest in customer service. Waiting for a supervisor to call me. I am not holding out high hopes but I am not paying them another dime. I am also unable to pay my bill online or by phone!