Direct TVdirectv sucks

I had DirecTv at my last rental property. I had the service from June 2007 till I put the account on hold for 6 months, in October of 2009, with a $68 credit on my account. Even tho I spent big $$$$ on the 3 boxes I had at the house, one a DVR, I was told I had to send them all back or get charged for them upon cancelation. (thought I was already charged for them?) So March I called to cancel the account (making constant reminders so I wouldnt forget, cause they didnt call)

So I was on Vacation at the time and didnt get home for a couple of weeks. Called and asked if that was ok to wait to send the boxes and it was, according to the lady I talked to. They sent me return boxes, and when I got home, there was only a return box for one box. So I called. They said now I only owed one box, the DVR. (yay, small victory) So I sent the box when I got home.

In the meantime they charged me for a month of service at a house that I dont live at anymore. They also charged me $175 for the box I "never" returned. With FedEx tracking number in tow, I called, they finially reversed the fee for the extra month, and said that eventually the charge for the box would get removed. HA.

So then, I think because I had that pesky little credit on my account, they charged me $60 for an early cancelation fee. But I have had my account for 2+years you say?, even over and above the 6 month suspension? But that loyalty does not count. Cause in June 2008 I purchased another box and paid for another room and I canceled the account in October 2009, 2 months shy of the December contract which aparently got renewed with the new box. Now they NEVER told me I had a new contract, cause I had planned my move out date accordinly not to have these charges, with any of my uitilities. So after 3 years with DirecTv, they still wouldnt help me out.

"Well it is now our policy to inform our customers of that." said the lady.
"Well what about people who you did not tell?" Says I
"Well we should have told you." says the lady.
"Huh? So you should have?" says I.
"Yes Mamn." Says she.
"but you didnt?" Says me.
"No Mamn."
"So I still have to pay the fee.
"Yes mamn."

"Best in Customer Satisfaction" my rear end! So you pay if you do and you pay if you dont. Please look elsewhere for TV service. I know that DTV has all the good chanels, but you pay dearly. THey have sooooooo many fees, it is rediculous. Better yet, buy some books! Or some movies! Or a good internet connection so you dont need those greedy ### at all!

• Mo
    Moosestafa Nov 28, 2018

DirecTV (DTV) is trying to rip me off. It started a few months ago. My credit card changed and I forgot to tell DTV. When I found out, I immediately called in the payment. The next week, DTV sicked a debt collector on me. I called DTV and they said I stilled owed more money. I did not think it was right but I paid it.
    The debt collector continued harassing me. I sent them a screen shot of DTV's web site showing that I owed $0. They went away for a week then started back. They claimed that ATT-Uverse (DTV's parent) claimed I still owed more. I sent another month's statement showing that I owed nothing. No change.
    I finally complained to Consumer Fraud Protection Bureau. The debt collect went away.
    Next month we had trouble with our equipment so we called DTV. They offered a 'FREE' upgrade to the new genie system since we had bee loyal customers since 2001 and we also had the protection plan. The guy came out and installed the new system.
    At the end of the month I looked at the new bill >$1000 (~$900 for the upgrade). Called DTV and they very humbly apologized and agreed that this was a mistake and an 'escalation' would be filed and it would be cleared up shortly. Five days later, I checked and no change so I called again. The girl said that she could see the escalation (#7543487842R2) but it takes seven to ten days to resolve. On the eleventh day, I called again. This time the girl said she could see the escalation but wanted to know if I was ready to pay.
    After the fifteenth day I called to cancel. This time the girl said the escalation was approved and I would see the new bill in three days. I canceled. She said that they were sorry to lose me and they would not charge for breaking the contract early (new escalation # 1-238263516392r2). I asked how to return the equipment. She said an email would be sent in three days with instructions. After three days I looked on the web for how to return the equipment. I found lots of complaints about DTV claiming the equipment was not returned (even though some had tracking #'s to prove otherwise).
    I fully expect a (final) bill for $1500 - $2000 or more). Even if I pay it (which I won't), they would only turn around and set their dogs on me again for the same bill.
    Even my neighbor has complaints about false practices from DTV. My son said that he experienced similar issues with AT&T Comcast.
    AT&T bites

• Ti
    Tim Lucas Feb 07, 2017

In July 2016 direct tv agreed to keep my bill at a certain amount but let a few months go by and they are back to jacking the bill up the amounts never the same. So, today we will quit the liars a few months early and pay the termination fee. Their paid liars and billing never on the same page. Will get rid of AT&T if they start their mega bite bs.

• Pa
    Paul Jac Jun 03, 2016

As a long time customer of Direct TV I asked for a little help on setting up my dish in FL. All I got was the run around about because my account was in CT they could not put in a call for a tech to come to my condo in FL because the computer could not do that. If I told them I was going to move they would set it up run new cable all at no charge. If I was going to be a new customer they would give me everything free. I wanted to use my DVR so I wired my 5th wheel (which does not move) for a dish which I have with three LBNs the cable fellow in the park had trouble setting up the dish which is a little harder then a dish with one LBN.
    I don't believe for one minute that a call could not be put in the system all it has to have is someone that knows how. Over ten years as a customer and I can't get a simple dish set up.
    Next call is to President & CEO Chase Carey.

• Fr
    Frann Brothers Jan 01, 2016

I do not watch TV often...everytime I tune on my TV it takes 1/2 hour in their automatic phone mess to get it going again. Contract will be up on 10/2016~!!! can't wait to lose these fools.

Judd Kessler Dec 01, 2015

I switched from Dish. They promised $200 card would arrive in 6-8 weeks. It's been 3 months, no card. Called, they had no record. SCAM!

• Ro
    robert Martinez 4818 Aug 27, 2015

I have had the worst experience with Direct TV. I will never deal with them again when my contract is up. Customer service supervisor totally useless. They like to do the bait and switch and rip off customers. Stay away.

• Th
    thel Aug 25, 2015

@ op
    when you sign up with any company there is in the contract a line that says "after the free trial term your bill will revert to the listed price." then later on it states. "If you wish to discontinue the premium channels please contact us before trial is over. If you do not you will incur the monthly fee for the next month till you request cancellation". sounds like you waited 91 days to cancle which means you are contract bound for another month. the first reduction was just them being nice. the second time they had a right to refuse since you appear by your story to "skip out" of your contract with them.

anyel lopez Aug 18, 2015

I have the same issue with DIRECTV with the cancelation fee I am been charged 460 dollars for a cancelation of a contract I was never even informed about I was misinformed and given false information I have emailed the CEO Michael white and chase carey and even the president of customer service if I don't hear a good reply soon resolving this issue I will file a small claim to my local court. I live in Miami Florida I ask for all of you that have been victims of these scams by DIRECTV and you live by my area please email me so we can all go together to court and make a difference because my voice alone may not be as loud but if we all speak up we might be able to put an end to this or stop others for falling for this thieves again. Please think about it and send me a shout my email is [email protected]

• Ry
    RyanWestLombardi Aug 16, 2015

So now they put an on demand movie right above HBO so if you accidentally click on it instead of HBO you get billed 10.99 for a piece of sh!t movie you would never spend a second watching. Then I try to call "customer service" ..HA Ha Ha, what a Fing joke...on hold, for 45 minutes, finally gave up. I'm cancelling my service and stiffing them on their last bill. eat sh!t dtv

Sandra Diaz Aug 13, 2015

They say they have excellent customer feedback, well certainly not mine, Account was basically in my name, so what happens if you lose your job, need to move, they are willing to give you the time to relocate, or If you must leave your current living environment, ex: Your only sister's pregnant from ur husband, need to leave, they don't have the service in the area you want to move to, or pay $200 early cancellation fees. I find that as terrible company protocol. Then the ruin your credit, or threaten to.

• La
    Larry c. Aug 13, 2015

I cancelled my directv back in February after being a long time good paying customer.They made me a great offer if I would go back with them. I was offered 3 months of all the premium channels for free and the Sunday ticket for free.I would only pay $52.60 for the first year. I agreed to this and they deducted this amount from my credit card for the first three months. After the 3 months was up, they sent me a bill for $108.00. I called them and they said that they assumed that I wanted to continue with the premium channels and that was the cost of course I said to turn off the premium channels because I was not going to go from $52.60 to $108.00.I was then offered a deal that would include the premiumree channels added to my channels for $75 a month. I agreed to this offer.I also told them to send me a bill instead of pulling from my charge card. I did this because I had to pay the $108.00 as they automatically charged it represents to my card without my knowledge.they are supposed to reimburse me after the first year. Yes they expect me to wait a year for the price difference. Since my agreeing to pay the $75 I have received my bill.the amount was $85.54. I called and was told that this was the new amount because they removed a $10 credit for an hd receiver. I called back to get the amount that I had agreed to the month before.After talking to a cs representative and a customer specialist, they refused to agree for me to pay the $75 amount.I was on the phone for almost an hour.Since they would not let me pay the correct amount, I told them to take the premium channels off and I would go back and pay the $52.60 as I was paying for the 3 months.I was told that since I agreed to continue with the premium channels that my agreement to pay $52.60 was no longer valid. I could not go back to that amount. I was livid.I called back later in the day and asked to speak to a supervisor.I was put on hold and about every five minutes a lady came on the phone and told me that they were trying to locate a supervisor. This went on for 30 minutes .After the 30 minutes was up, no one came on the phone and I held on for 15 more minutes before finally hanging up. It was pretty obvious that I was not going to get to speak to a supervisor.I expected them to honor the $75 agreement or give me the original amount of $52.60. Directv is run by a bunch of crooked thieves and liars.I guess I am stuck paying the $85.58. People please be aware of this crooked company as they will lie to you.

• Pa
    Patski Aug 05, 2015

I paid my last charges to direct tv and returned my Sim card. A month later they sent me an offer to return for $20 a month and a $200 dollar visa card. Then 2 weeks later I got notified I owed $25 for 4 movies direct tv neglected to charge me for from 2010 and 2011. Scheisters.

• De
    DeMeglio Jul 20, 2015

I have been a DirectTV customer for many years. My reason for writing this letter is to inform you why I will not be needing your services when my contract expires. Your customer service group can use training on how to better communicate with it's customers. One thing I want to make clear is I do not want any movie packages or any free service. This is someone who has had it and feels if anyone in your organization cares you better get on the ball.

My most recent concern involves an agreement I have with your organization. Someone changed my agreement without informing me. I enjoy the NFL channel, I watch it daily. This channel I have subscribed to for probably, since it first aired. This past Saturday it the channel was disconnected .I thought it was a mistake and called customer service. I was informed the channel was disconnected, because it is no longer part of my service agreement. I explained, I negotiated with a representative and we agreed the NFL package was included in my service agreement. It's unfair to change the rules after you agree on a plan. He was not rude but he told me I was not eligible for the NFL channel unless i purchased the entire sports package. This was wrong on two points, first a letter or phone call would have been nice prior to disconnecting. Secondly we agree on specific deal.

I am currently fighting two different cancers. I tell you because it will explain another customer service complaint. It is easy for you to check my payment history, and you will see I never missed any payment. The only exception was my credit card was compromised and I notified you and other companies of this problem. No problem with anyone but DirectTv. Every morning I was awakened by an automated message/call from your company informing me that I had to take action. I attempted to reason with different representatives from your organizations to please stop the calls, because I was on chemo and the best sleep time for me was early morning. You might think why not turn off the phone. Trying to beat some tough odds I was working with NIH &NCI to participate in one of their trials, and whenever they called it ranged from very early morning into late afternoon. So I always had my phone on and with me. The automated DirectTv calls went on for weeks
    and I was assured it would not happen again.

Again, I do not want anything from you. As a matter of fact when my contract expires I will be changing my TV service. There is one thing I expect from DirectTv, that is to honor our commitment. Return the NFL channel.

Is this your new policy? Promise channels prior to contractual agreement, and while the customer in agreement you have the right to cancel their channels. But to make matters worse your company does not have to give its customers any notice. It's frustrating turning on a channel you watched yesterday, but don't have today, more like maddening. This is poor business practice. I wish you would bring back those standards that made you a successful company.

• Un
    Unhappy Sam Jul 10, 2015

I was a customer of Direct TV for 2 years, left them because they have no customer retention program. Went to Dish. Left them to get a better deal with direct TV. My contract expires in August 2015. I called about an upgrade, and find out where the hook was since they don't charge a fee. Of course the Jamaican rep tried to get me to buy something, anything. I told her I was on a fixed income, and wanted to reduce my bill, not increase it. She persisted, until I finally asked what they would do for me to keep me at renewal. She gave me no answer that was precise, just to wait till then. I told her that I would make a decision on the upgrade at that time, since you have to sign a 24 month renewal agreement to get the free upgrade. She said I couldn't get that offer then, it was today or never. Now I was the one that called them to see what the upgrade was about, told by a rep of theirs at Sam's Wholesale to call and get the new Genie at no charge. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and was put on hold for 30 minutes before I finally hung up. They are horrible, but so is Dish. So is Time Warner. There is no good service provider out there. They play the numbers game, and know you will leave them after 24 months but will come back when their competition rates get so high you are forced to come back. So you have to change carriers every 24 months, to get an affordable rate. No customer retention program; regardless of what they say. I will switch again next month, like a little lamb. I wished to hell we could as a group cancel all TV for a year, and force them to get on their knew to get us back. It wont happen, we are too dependent on TV. The old days of no TV are gone. The family time we used to have is gone. Kids play on their computer games, we watch too much TV, and are a slave to these corporate masters.

• Mi
    MichaelSwider Jun 15, 2015

fix it

• Mi
    MichaelSwider Jun 15, 2015

I filed a claim in April - No-One came out to Inspect my claim issue - Person at the office said On Voice Mail I have 15 days to hear anything. No One is calling back for damage done to my new Great Room That I just recently had extended onto my home.
    today is the 15June - Still waiting for answers?!!!??

Juraej Jun 01, 2015

I have been a Direct Tv customer for over 10 years. I recently decided to bundle my AT&T service with my Direct Tv service. Let me say first that my service was not in my name but I am an authorized user to make changes to the account. Now. I called AT&T to inquire about the bundle service and was told that I would have to open a new account in my name, not a problem. I was also told that I would have to get new equipment, the Genie, which would put me under contract for 2 years. Again, not a problem. The technician came out, installed the Genie and 4 minis. After he installed the equipment I was informed that the number of shows I recorded would effect the corresponding Genies and those televisions would not be available for use. At no point during my conversation with AT&T was this explained to me. While the technician was in my home I contacted Direct Tv to close the previous account. I spoke with a customer service rep in retention and was told that the account would be closed.
    Saturday I contacted Direct Tv's technical support department because the Genie minis had an error message informing me that I had to disconnect one to utilize the other. The technician helped to get that mini working, little did I know it shut down a different mini in another room. When I realized this had occurred I asked to speak to customer service to inquire if I could use my old equipment and still keep the bundle. I was informed that all I had to do was request new access cards to use the old equipment. I phoned Direct Tv today to request new access cards and was told that this was not possible since the account was not in my name and that the previous account was still active because it was under contract. I was flabbergasted. I could not believe what I was hearing. I asked how the account was still under contract and was informed that since I hooked a new receiver, not sent by Direct Tv but one my brother had, that the account had entered into a new contract. This was not told to me when I called to have this receiver connected. I also find that this is a huge double standard since Direct Tv will not allow me to use the equipment from my previous account, since it wasn't in my name, for my new account. With that being said Direct Tv has since informed me that nothing can be done. I now have an account in my name with equipment, the Genie and minis, that I do not want and the previous account, which I thought was disconnected Tuesday, May 26th, showing as active in my home. Which means I am now "obligated" to pay 2 bills. I plan on seeking legal action due to the breach of contract on Direct Tv's behalf by not disclosing all of the "features" of the Genie. I feel as though I was lied to, deceived and manipulated into a contract that I cannot get out of for the next 2 years. Directv does not care about the loyalty shown by long time customers and are only concerned with new accounts.

• Fo
    Foggy1955 May 14, 2015

I'm an older woman on a fixed income. I pay my bills the first part of the month, as they come in It is May 2015, and I got a bill from them saying I owe $174. I have had to talk to many people to find out why. It seems that in January, someone made a mistake and paid on my account and they didn't catch it until march. But, when I called to pay my bill the first part of May, they said I was plus $20 on my account and They didn't give me an option to pay any more. Then I got this bill for $174.(In May). I Asked about cancelling when my year was up. They said I had Directv for 2 yrs. I thought it was just 1 yr. Now I have to make extra payments I didn't know I was gonna have, and have something for an extra year and 3 months that I really don't want.

ManSam May 03, 2015

Cox will take over DirecTv from our house effective tomorrow, May 3, 2015. How do we cancenl DirecTv withOUT penalty?

• Hu
    Humberto ocampo Apr 30, 2015

I have DirecTV service for almost 2 years and I lady that move in got service to but since she got her cable installed it as not be working right my service . be paying Almost 100 a month. Almost six months

• Ep
    Eppidrummer Apr 24, 2015

I have had Direct tv for a year now and I cant wait to cancel, Its all freekin infomercials. If you are thinking of getting this, dont do it, it totally sucks. Cable was way better!!!

• Dr
    D Richter Apr 24, 2015

1. Deceptive advertising by mail and media. Also when disclosing; try enlarging the fonts or include a magnifying glass.
    2. We've been a customer for years because there is no other options available. Since inception this $39.99 package has been in excess of $60.00. This is just for 1 television.
    3. Your customer service hotline requires a 4hour window for scheduled repairs. In this time interval your automated service and tech tracking devices or people call every 15minutes for tech status. Perhaps you should have him wear an ankle bracelet.
    4. Your tech arrives in an unmarked and rather used vehicle with no advertising or logos whatsoever. His id card and logo shirt is all he has. Yet the billing if from a 3rd party; apparently a sublet from an out of state "company".
    5. These storms are common and frequent in nature in this state. Perhaps you should upgrade your devices and better train your personnel. This repair takes 15minutes; not 4hours of my time.

• Ri
    Rip Swimmer Mar 07, 2015

SCREWED by DirecTV. I had a higher level package, but due to many factors I was forced to cut down to basic package and only on 1 single NON HD-TV. So they come out, with different receiver and put it in. Now I get the absic apckage, except I am shorted many channels. In other word I am paying the $49 a month, but am not getting all channels shown. Hell, I do not even get the NASA channel, and that is pretty much a freebee that you can get on the computer. Any and all HD listed channels are missing. Yes, I know I am not paying for HD, but it seems to me as they are shown as in the package, I should be getting them, just not in HD.
    I also see, that since I made the change over, which was at the end of the first year, they have now tacked me into an additional 2 years of contract? SCREW THAT. Today is D-Day. They either resolve it or eat it, and I will be damned if I will pay early termination fees. This entire cable/satellite business is nothing but a shell game.

• Se
    SeahawksFan Feb 16, 2015

Direct Tv takes your money. I was set for Direct Tv service today. home is 150 feet away from DishNetwork Pole that was also used for service that I canceled to get the direct tv promotion. DishNetwork had no problems installing the post, underground wiring, and connecting it to inside the home were wiring was already there. Direct Tv Tech came out today looking inside our home, and outside, and they came to the conclusion that we cant get service due to tree's that's farther away than 150ft this tasks requires setting up a new post with the dish next or near to Dish Networks post, running wire approx. 150ft and connecting the wiring to the ones already in the home. The tech said we would lose signal. we told him well if that's the case, why was dish network able to install and has had no problems with service. It amounts out to, this tech just plainly doesn't want to put forth the work. Now we have asked for a refund, and now they are not willing to refund because it has to go to the billing department first. So what now?? your ready to bill us for something that didn't happen or able to get?? First of all, they say there is no installation fee's, connection fee's, but for some reason our $35.00 has to go through billing first, Don't waste your time with DIRECT TV, beware of Direct Tv, your wasting your money, because they will take your money and tell you they cant install . Go Dish Network at least they were willing to put customer first and went out of there way to get you service!!

• Wa
    wanda amerson Feb 08, 2015

I paid bill on Feb.2 with my debit card I got a confirmation number it is451249058 and they cut my service off today. I have proof that I paid because the draft it out of my checking accout.

• He
    Helene Katz Feb 03, 2015

What's the story here with this fake email address ?? Why have a website when you can't even be contacted via email or phone ?? Next step will be legal action against this corporation . Piss poor service especially when money is owed ! Never seen such a bunch of idiots !

JulieLR Jan 28, 2015

I just joined this group as I am in TOTAL agreement with everythig that is being said about Directv! Thank you for the 1st post as I was searching on how to send a complaint "higher" up with Directv as everyone knows that can't be done on the phone! If I could be paid $100.00 on how to NOT refer a friend or family, I would. I am going to be filing a complaint with the FTC in regards to my issues about Directv (almost a year of an on-going) technical issue of the DVR not working (Genie and now a older DVR box). I've been insulted by 2 customer service reps and so many other issues.

Let's all start filing complaints with the FTC (I will be soon) and see where that goes and see if some type of investigation will happn.

Thanks!

• Mt
    mtinash1 Jan 16, 2015

This is the worse experience I have had in my life dealing with these people. Direct tv advises to cancel maintenance coverage on 1/9 then sets up service call for problem I have had for almost a year with the service. Tech comes out on Tuesday replaces mini genie. Works fine on 1.5 days then Genie tells me that the storage disk is corrupt. Direct TV then wants to charge me to replace their equipment since their representative cancelled the maintenance agreement. Everytime you call them you get a ifferent story and they are the worse company in the world to deal with. I cannot wait until the contract expires in 4 months so I can get a service provider that will actually provide a service

• Do
    dogmanz Jan 08, 2015

I have made three calls recently to customer service, and in all three I got a man or woman with a very strong accent and poor English. I note that in Wikipedia of Directv it states that customer service is contracted out including Global. It appears to me that you are doing exactly what BOA, Capital One, etc are doing and that is outsourcing customer service to India, Malaysia, etc. Every time, you get a person who seems pleasant but can barely understand the questions and are difficult to understand. If you ask for a supervisor, guess what, more of the same, including a hang-up if you complain. I like your programming, but customer service sucks.

• Bh
    bhkayy Dec 31, 2014

DTV is a AT&T company...They can't get it right. with your cell and home phones. and the billing. Why would you think, they get it right with, tv billing. but they are QUICK to turn you off. Thats how they make money.

• Rt
    rtrevelline Dec 31, 2014

Okay, jump on this, offer dish customers who want to switch because fox news is no longer an option a special incentive to switch. To direct. Thousands of people are blaming news stations when its dish that should be called out. Offer a decent incentive to get direct. I love mine. Any problem any time direct is there!

• Ki
    Killer___B Dec 27, 2014

$100/mo x 12 mo = $1200
    $1200 x 20, 500, 000 (subscribers)= $24, 600, 000, 000.00 (just in 1 year)
    That's over 24½ BILLION for only 1 year.
    Almost every night I have to search diligently thru the 300 channels
    just to try & find ONE program worth watching.
    We should be trying to choose between MANY programs we want to watch.

Is this money well spent?

I think NOT. I will be cancelling my membership right after the 2-yr contract expires.

Fool my once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me... I'm NOT an idiot...

• Wo
    woulduno Dec 23, 2014

I have been a customer of DirecTV since 99, however since AT&T came on board their customer service has gone from good to rude and condescending. They claim #1 customer service, but you have to look at what that is being compared to, it is not saying much. The customer service agent offered me Sunday Ticket for free, got me off the phone, and then Sunday when it didn't work I called back in. Turns out she put it on, then it got removed, but the kicker is they still billed me for it! Their HD is highly compressed, Dish Network does not compress as much. DirecTV's on-demand is terrible and uses your Internet, in an age where many Internet providers put monthly caps on your downloads. Xfinity offers a much better on-demand experience. So, if you are looking for higher quality HD, go Dish, if On-Demand is your thing, go Xfinity. DirecTV has nothing to offer at this point, so I recommend you stay far away from them... This coming from someone who was with them for 14ish years!

• Th
    ThinkEthics Nov 24, 2014

You all are terrible human beings.

You entered into agreements with a company in exchange for discounted service, then decided to reneg on the contract and are acting as if DirecTV is to blame. They are doing nothing unethical - all cancellation fees and everything is very clear upfront. Classic low class nouveau American sentiment of wanting everything for free.

You should all look in the mirror.

• Ke
    KevinjDaniel Nov 05, 2014

So Directv always has a 24month contract, they give you a deal on the first year with the understanding that you will stay the additional year at regular price. You agreed to this and "claim" no one told you even though it is mentioned just about everywhere on their site, every call, every bill.

Now you want to quit and are mad that they tried to follow though on their contract that you agreed to. Riiiigggghht they are the evil corporation. Come on, just read your agreements and don't agree to something you do not want to be comitted to.

Agreements do not have to be signed to be valid in this online world. Take responsibility for your actions, this is nothing new. Just like Cell Phone contracts stop playing the victim.

• Gt
    gtpluv Oct 22, 2014

My mom has Directv in her name, at her house, in a different town than me. Because I used my bank card one, time a year ago, to pay on her account, they are randomly taking money out of MY bank account.

• Su
    Sunny Kay Oct 20, 2014

THIS IS THE WORST BAIT AND SWITCH I'VE BEEN ASSOCIATED WITH!!! My brother is disabled and lives on a fixed income. The advertisement said $28.40. We were supposed to get the NFL Season ticket!!! We got nothing and when I called I got the big run around and ended up paying $47.95 for the local games only. HUGE RIP OFF!!!

Andyr6 Oct 11, 2014

OMG. I bought, not lease, a Direct TV HD receiver from Best Buy. This receiver stop working and a Tech from Direct TV came in to my apartment and switch it with one from them. He took my and I tough it was a clean exchange, I get yours you get mine, since there were the same. After I finish my service after 7+ years ( not one time late) they requested from me to return the receiver. Went I ask for a compensation from my or some kind of discount, since they acknowledge they recycle my, the answer was... NOTHING WE CAN DO FOR YOU. I will try this link.

• St
    Steph 143 Oct 02, 2014

Direct TV SUCKS!!! I called to get service, was told my credit was good, and only needed a deposit of 21.00. Technician Was supposed to come out the following day and install my cable and Internet. When nobody showed up I called customer service. I was told that I have a previous bill from years ago of over $800. Meanwhile, I checked my bank account and found that they deducted $121. I was told I am not getting service and I am also not getting back my $121. I will see them in court!!!

• La
    Laura Hooblet Sep 22, 2014

I got my service with this so call Direct TV thief company back in 2012! I got it over the phone and of course I never heard anything wrong about these thieves. They told me that it was going to be only like 24.00 per month, and they asked me just for one simple thing; commitment for two years. Of course I wanted to pay that not only for two months but forever. At the end of one year after I sent my payment i received another bill for the amount of 57.00 that I supposed owed from the previous month. I called the thieves and argued about the new charges, claiming that I was never told the truth about the 24.00 per month. I was going through a very hard financial situation and their solution to the problem was that they will cut off the service but as soon as I could I had to start paying the 78.00 dollars from the past due months! Can you believe that iif I was struggling to pay for food and shelter I was going to pay them for a service I did not have. They are so stupid and they threatened me to get 250.00 dollars from my credit card. Fortunately I had lost my card and I had changed my card number other wise those idiots would of stolen my living money. I have refused to pay for something I was not properly and truly informed. They have send the account to collections and to the credit bureau, they calling me demanding that payment but I have refused to give my money to such thieves so my question is there anything I can do to stop them from calling me.