Direc TV & Costco — terrible experience!
For the past 5 months, Costco & Directv have been running a joint promotion. If you sign up for Directv at Costco AND you purchase a 30" or larger HDTV, they'll mail you a $200 Costco Gift Card. In late October, while I was in the Costco store, I signed up for Directv, with a HD Receiver, DVR, etc... In December, 2007, we purchased a 47" Vizio HDTV. I immediately mailed in all of the necessary documentation to Directv. 6 Weeks later, they sent me a denial letter stating that I didn't qualify because I failed to buy a 30" or larger HDTV or I didn't do it between October-2007 & March 2008(which I clearly did). I took the TV back to Costco to get my money back, but the local store manager took $200 off of the TV cost, so I kept the tv. Thank goodness at least 1 out of these 2 companies is honest. I would encourage Costco to sever all ties with Directv because I think Directv is making Costco look bad in this deal.
I know of 2 other people that have received the dreaded Directv denial letter. If this has happened to 3 people in this small of a town, I can only imagine how wide spread this Directv Scam really is. Please reply if you've received this letter.
More Direc TV & Costco Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct Tv - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct Tv - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direct Tv - prepaid visa card promotion 
- Direct Tv - billing dispute 
- Direct Tv - someone elso opened an account with my last name and address 
- Direct Tv - failure to get proper credits on my bill 
- Direc TV Support - very poor service 
- DirecTV - no show installation
- DirecTV - new guide change