Direct TVdirectv sucks

Click on the link to see the full complaint

• Jb
    JBou Sep 13, 2014

I have been a directv customer for two years. We had to move to a different state back in May and when I tried to cancel the service I was told I would have to pay a huge cancellation fee. They told me the best thing to do was to suspend my service and when I got to my new state reinstate it until my contract ran out in september. I did exactly that and now today when I went to cancel my service after waiting it out, they are charging me 140.00 because they said the move added on an additional year to the contract. I specifically asked three seperate times after the move what the date of my contract was up. All three times I was given the same answer of sept. 7. Now they are telling me they sent an email (which of course I never received) stating the new One year contract because of the move. Please do not do business with this company. They are so dishonest. Sad that customers mean nothing to them.

• Wi
    william allgeier Sep 05, 2014

I have been sending to the above address money orders to pay on the directv bill. They have not been cashing them. Keep harassing us that we are not paying on the bill. I mail in the money orders along with their billing statement and in the envelope directv provides.
    I want to know why they aren't cashing them and applying to my account. Past month within days i have mailed to them two money orders and they received the one and not the other, i have copies of everything i send to them. L i want thesemoney orders credited to the account.

Allgier
    Pob 3000
    Mesquite nv 89024

Tartankitten Aug 29, 2014

I, too, tried to cancel my service yesterday. I upgraded to an HD receiver last year, and was never told that by upgrading (which means they are getting more money from me...) that my contract would be extended 2 years. I never signed anything, and was not informed of such. I did see that it is in their agreement, but after being with them for 12 years, I thought this would be disclosed at the time of change.

The real burn is the customer service rep said "I got a deal on the receiver" and that the same receiver, if I had to replace it, would cost me $199. Since I pay a $20 a month lease fee, I think I have more that paid for that receiver. She also told me that when I was at the end of my contract to call back and they could make me a " deal".

So, I get nothing for being a good paying customer for all these years. I downgraded my service to the lowest possible, but still am paying $70 a month, which is too much for me to handle right now. And, they don't have an option for internet, which makes them alot less competitive and I feel like I'm being held hostage.

If anyone has a great idea on how to get out of a contract, please let me know. I simply cannot afford this and am upset that they won't work with me at all.

• Ra
    Raelen Aug 25, 2014

I called to cancel my Directv today as my 2 year contract is complete. Or so I thought. DIRECTV, unbeknownst to me, extended my 2 year contract when they replaced a faulty box in a spare bedroom. They are going to deduct can bogus "early" cancelation fees from my bank account. They said they would take whatever they wanted. Kind of scary. Especially since my husband, who is battling aggressive prostate cancer, has an upcoming doctor appointment and medication that I need to pay for. I filed a complaint with the BBC earlier. I think I should file a claim once I know how much money they take from us. My husband was in tears. DIRECTV IS a horrible company. I see they got in big trouble with the Attorney General in 2010 and paid $14 million. They also agreed not to use these unethical practices anymore. Clearly, they still do.

• Su
    suzzaroo Aug 18, 2014

We'd been customers of Direct TV for over 10 years I would say. We moved last year and "transferred" our Direct TV. We were told to take our boxes and remotes and they would come out and hook it up at the new place. ( We moved in the same town) We noticed price increase and could not continue with it. So we canceled. Then they sent us a bill including an early termination fee of $300. They stated we just signed a new contract. WE did not. We transferred service for free when we moved. They sent it to collections and refuse to remove the charge. My credit card was not charged because it was over the limit. How in the heck do I prove this when I have nothing but our word and the word of the customer support team who we spoke with when we planned our move. Nothing in any paperwork says we signed a new contract for any term when we moved. We were never told of any new contract and we did not sign anything other than maybe (I will have to ask my husband) the paperwork of the man who came and put up the dish. This is insane.

Mary Forman Aug 07, 2014

I have be trying to send an email to make a complaint to ch[email protected] it keeps saying failed to deliver.Why put this email up if it isn't right.I also had direct tv for over 2 years.At the end of my contract I keep it on what they said was a month to momth bases with ne discounts.But I was fine with that.Then I moved and called to get it transfreed to new address.Told them want to keep old boxes and still do the month to month.They keep trying to get me to upgrade but told them NO.They set the date when someone would be out..My mother had to go to the hospital so I wasnt going to be home that day.So I was nice enough to call to let them know.They ask if I could have someone there because it would be 2 weeks before they could send someone eles to hook it up.So I told them my 17 year old daughter would be home.They said that was fine.When I got back home 2 days later they had hooked up new boxes in 4 rooms that I had Not told them to do.I called them and they were really rude.Said I had agreed to another 2 year contract And I said no I didnt and told them they need to fix the mistake they made or turn it off.She refused to send someone out to fix the problem and I wa told if I turned off service I would be charged.I told them to eaither fix the problem or I wouldnt pay.So they didnt And I didnt pay.Today my debit card was charged $322, 46.Which was my bill money for other bills I called them and told them it was there fault and mistake not mine and they had no right to do this.But all I got was they could and they did. And that I pretty much couldnt do anything about it.I gave them premission to when I had my old contact.Well that had been over for 4 months or longer so if that contact was up how can they take money out.I live in Ohio if anyone can help or have info how to get help with this please contact me by [email protected]

• Di
    Direct TV fool Aug 02, 2014

Direct tv admitted to over charging me 150.00 dollars in the first 3 months of service. But they never reimbursed me. In fact they just kept overcharging me 10 to 30 dollars more each month. I have my service in suspension currently. I want to cancel but am faced with 480 dollars in cancellation fee. I live in Oregon and don't know what to do.

• Bu
    Burned Up Jul 28, 2014

Directv is trying to stick me with an early termination fee after 12 months of calling for repairs and no shows by them because I could only get 19 channels out of 200 on my hd receiver, which would never record. I work 12 hours a day so I added my mother as an authorized rep on my account to talk to them. While talking to Wayne at the corporate office in CO, he said she could put him or CEO Mike White on her life insurance as a beneficiary for EFTs, when she explained she was ill. Who do icontact about that? He had her convinced it was her idea!

• Je
    Jerry L Jones Jr Jul 24, 2014

Mr. Carey, Hello I'm a new Dircet Tv remember I am very Appalled that you would try to charge me 95 dollars for each additional receiver. I don't mind playing the 5 dollars for the monthly service I can understand that monthly fee.I have AT&T and i pay 5 dollars for the additional receivers, I feel that like your company can't meet my needs as a customer. I have 8 tv's in my house and your company feel that you must charge me 95 dollars and on top of that 5 additional dollars for the month that was not told to me on the install .Can we please rectify the situation. My contact information is [protected] Sincerely Jerry L Jones Jr.

• Gr
    gracie2 Jun 29, 2014

I hate Direct tv!!!

My Son does not have a checking account, so he gave me cash and I paid his directv bill by debit card a few times...
    He couldn't continue paying the ridiculous fee of over 100.00 a mth for cable, so he let a 114.00 bill go for a couple of mths. he had intentions of paying it, but it wasn't at the top of his to do list. well directv cancelled him and charged him a cancellation fee that was now 371.00. They took that 371.00 out of my checking account because it was the last thing that was used to pay their bill. I have called and told them, they took it out of my account, but they don't care. This was in March...I have talked till I'm blue...I've been hung up on after being onhold seems like forever...I can't get anywhere. I would not recommend Directv to my worst enemy...Their customer service sucks big time...I Hate Them...

• Us
    usafret62 Jun 15, 2014

In April 2014, my 2yr. Commitment was completed. i agreed 2 the additional 2 yr. 4 the new genie & the mini. since that was installed, i have had nothing but trouble. the tech people said that it was KNOWN that there was & is a software issue with that unit. the troubles went to case mgt. my case mgr (in okla.) (whom i could never reach directly) handled this issue very poorly. each tech rep said that a supervisor had to come out & take pics, readings, etc., because in my ultimate pkg, i would get error codes #721 (not purchased) & 781 (pay-per-view). i could channel up-dn & the channel would come back to view, sometimes. at other times i would get a black screen with voice & no pic. after i spent endless hours doing tech stuff that was the responsibility of directv (sending reports from the genie) i got no satisfaction or resolution. after all the engineering data & reports after 2 wks, the conclusion was that they said nothing was wrong with their equipment!! REALLY!! their answer from retention was another upgrade as they called it. it was for two hd receivers with another 2 yr agreement. i would NOT accept this as i had just completed my obligation with the hd receiver in April 2014. i ask for additional credit for the lack of programming stability & they just told me politely to suck it up. that is how corporate america is today, fueled by nothing but greed. i suppose that if ALL directv, dish & cable people would shut down & return the equipment, would that make a difference? probably not, due to the fact it would take a unified effort, patience & a little time for our voices to b herd, then & only then would there b changes for a consumer friendly corporate america. as far as making this complaint, it will not make any difference with chase carey at all, nor the b.o.d. if he does not have the professionalism to return calls or emails, do u think he really cares about the company? it is all about the money only. i live in mount holly, nc, just about 15 miles west of charlotte, nc. the ota service is lacking & cable or sat is the only way to get decent tv pics. so, i will file a complaint with the attorney general of NC & the BBB. it is time to speak up (4 whatever good it does) 4 we r not just another brick in the wall!!! RS n NC

• Ro
    Robsmith May 02, 2014

In 2010, I had to cancel my account with DirecTV and they sent me a letter stating that I owe over $400 for a cancellation fee. The very next day they automatically deducted the fee directly from my bank account. March 22nd, 2014 they said they would refund the amount to my account on file which is no longer active. In this case since the account is closed then the funds would have been rejected but DirecTV is saying that the deposit was made successfully. I recently called my bank and a representative informed me that if the funds were made successfully then the bank would send a trace/confirmation number to the sender. DirecTV is saying they do not have the funds anymore since they were supposedly deposited without incident but they also don't have the trace number. Is anyone else having this type of problem with them? If so, what did you do?

• Wa
    wally the beerman May 01, 2014

youlanda robinson is a ###

• Wa
    wally the beerman May 01, 2014

I hope they take more.

• Yo
    youlanda robinson Apr 28, 2014

direct tv took money from my dhs money card and i owe them nothing.i would like to be reimburst my money please.

• Da
    Dave123456 Apr 24, 2014

I was promised a free upgrade to a High Def converter if I stayed with them for an extra 18 months. The time came, I made the call, and they said they do not have, and never had, such a program. I talked to a supervisor and even threatened to cancel, and she didn't seem to even care-either about the broken promise or my willingness to cancel. The other Dish is available, as is cable. The switch is coming soon.

• So
    soccerman13 Apr 22, 2014

Directv is the worst company I have dealt with in my 43 years. They have over billed me twice and didn't even refund my money (basically stole from me) until six months later. The DVR I have stopped working about 2 months ago and it was supposed to be replaced the next day but of course it never arrived. My HD service freezes up all the time. So I am getting over billed for a product that isn't even working. I was promised by a supervisor to have free movie channels to make up for the over billing. Guess what? They never showed up as an option. Directv is the most incompetent, disorganized, fraudulant, poor quality, and worst customer service in the entire world. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I implore you to NEVER NEVER NEVER sign up with Directv. They will sucker you in with a two year agreement and you will feel like you have been digitally incarcerated during that time period.

• Su
    Susie Hadley Mar 28, 2014

I am just stating what happened don't expect anything to be done just want other persons to know what happened I had direct for nearly 10 years no problems no major problem's well I got to the point I cannot handle the bill I called them I had paid them on time for the last 10 years they agreed on that to lower the amount to $82 instead of the $154 for a years she said the firs month would be a lower amount then the 82 a months would kick in well we got the bill on line of $64 which I paid and the next month it flipped back to the $154 I emailed the manger talked to someone of phone that said no that arragemnt cannot go into affect that i got the discounts then I have to pay what I did not pay that is not what was told to me and that is not what the website said he told me he could honor the agreement first I had the pay the intire months due that is not what was agreeed I cancelled I was at the point my contract has ended and I was doing it month to month they threated to take it out of my account I lucky changed my debits cars and they could not get the momines they billed me a finial bill of $42 which I do not think I owe they have turned it into the credit bureur I don't think I am at fault they did not honor their agreement and since they say at every call it is being recorded that should have been they checking that out to find out that agreement had been made this was the second thing when I had my son move in I had a schedule for them to come in and put the service in the back for him and then I called to have a upgrade on the box for us well no one showed up I called and they said they thought it was a double and the ordered was cancelled well no one called me to make sure it took 2 weeks to finally get to come of something that was their mistake that should have been taked care of I got not call saying it was cancelled they just decided whitout calling me to virefly that they was going to cancels and when they did come had to schedule two trips they only had the connection order not the upgrade so I had to schedule another trips which I did not appreciate at the time I was working and could only do this on sat it took around a month to get them to come out if everything is recorded why did they not go to those recordings and see that was scheduled after 10 years with out majors problems to have this just stupid I called charted and got cable in 3 rooms plus Internet and phone and more channels for the same price I was paying for just the cable I would like to the point I do not owe the 42 and it should come off my credit report and the fact if I had not changed my banking information they would have tired to collect that is stealing which I informed they did not have my permission's to take any out they came back with if the bill is not paid they go with the card on file that is not right taking someone momies without their permission I as I said had to change my banking information but the part that gets me they did not honor their agreement and I do not reccomnd anyone choice to be a constumer of directv worst conster service

• Ph
    PHyla Feb 02, 2014

I am furious! The Super Bowl is on and all my Direct TV is doing is pixelating! Direct TV has tried to scam us since we signed up almost a year ago. This is the last straw. Does anyone have the number to the Corporate Offices? Has anyone taken legal action?

• Me
    mechthild Jan 21, 2014

we are new costumers about 5 month . now they taken one off the best channels off, wich is the weather channel.we will go back to ;;dish;; if not brought back.

reallysane Jan 16, 2014

Careful reading of the agreement (which I did not sign) also mentions this in addition to arbitration - "You may also assert an individual action in small claims court in lieu of arbitration."
    So small claims court is the right venue.

reallysane Jan 16, 2014

Update: The arbitration company they have carefully selected asks a $400 fee with the application form as fee. Which is significantly higher that the early termination fee. This guarantees that DirecTV can make you pay anything below $400 without hearing a squeak from you. So arbitration is definitely not the right move. Small claims court seems to be right one.

reallysane Jan 16, 2014

I recently had a very bad experience with DirecTV too. They are a partnership with AT&T - advertised for $30 per month. So I signed up. When the installer came, I checked the 12 month box. Instead of $30 the bill was $45, which I assumed was because of the 12 month agreement.. Then after three months I started receiving $92 bills, Surprise! When I tried to cancel after 10 months they wanted to stick me for cancellation fee for $260. This seems to be their standard business practice. Yet they seem to be growing every year. Wikipedia page shows they 30 million customers with enormous profit 25% profit on approx $30 Billion in revenue (i, e, they are screwing each customer an average of $1000 per year). They are obviously making money in an extortion racket. How are they staying in business and how are they growing, What makes them immune to customer complaints. If somebody came into your house and stole $300 the legal system would surely punish them. But you can steal $15 billion a year from customers and hide behind unsigned contracts. Very smart!

• MikeL DISH Jan 15, 2014

Rosa M Diaz,

We would love to have you back with us and encourage you to check us out at dish.com for information on what we have to offer! Please let me know if you have any questions and feel free to private message if you'd like!

• El
    E Lisa Jan 14, 2014

Cancellation of Channels and when I tried calling to discuss they have an agent fee of $5 - how is it possible when currently paying for service and I can not speak with an associate on the phone without this hassle? They are a terrible company to deal with and my complaint is based on poor customer service.

Tavaras M. Woods Jan 09, 2014

I have been a Directv customer for about four years now I recently been have the same issues with signal loss I went a full month almost with no service so I called today which Jan.9, 2014 and received the worst customer service ever its sad that your commercials say that you have the best customer care and equipment I beg a differ I called Directv every single week almost since November 2013 I asked the representative to put it in his notes he didn't do as I asked of him to do so we could have proper documentation I am so upset its several days since I had service and its not due to the weather as they suggest it snows every year this is a problem off poor equipment

• Ra
    raspberries76 Dec 24, 2013

I feel like it's just bad business to offer one price and then expect customers to pay a hefty fee later. ... Hmm, anyone out there recall the Blockbuster late fees (many which people actually didn't owe?) Where's Blockbuster these days? Oh, out of business? Yeah, seal your fate DirecTV. LOL. Karma gonna get you. Why would you steal from your customers? Seriously? Otherwise, I actually liked their customer service, television service and technicians, etc. Too bad they'll be out of business in less than a decade. Screw them.

• Ki
    kimberlyP Dec 24, 2013

we called the next day and you people refused to cancel our service and then we called the day after that and that's when you put it in your computer that we called.

• Ro
    Rosa M Diaz Dec 24, 2013

Direct tv lied to me from the beginning. The salesman called and offered me a package with over 250 channels for less then 50.00. I agreed the switch thinking it would be true. To begin the tech was late and took all day to get the wiring done and when he left he left the mess outside. I called the company but because I did not call that same day, there was nothing they could do.
    The package was more that 65.00 and direct tv also added fees for each receiver, which I was unaware. They also added a fee for the HD tv which I was neither aware. And then to make it worse Direct tv has so many more channels of infomercials and direct sales. Some of those channels are repeated, same info different channel #.
    I was not able to check my account online and the times I remember to ask the customer people, they gave instruction in a rush and so when I tried, it didn't work. I usually paid my bill by phone and that would bring another fee.
    They gave me the HBO package for a free trial period and I know that I called and told them to cancel that when the trial period was over. According to the rep, he noted it and said it would be done. Wrong. A couple of months later I noticed the bill was over 150.00. By October they disconnected the service. I called to inquire about this bill and why it went so high. The premium channels were never cancelled. I paid whatever my regular bill would've been and I asked to have the other fees waived. The rep agreed and apologized. That day I was transferred to three or four other reps. I told the same problem over and over again and no one seemed to get the point. They all gave me different answers but none ever answered my questions or problems directly.
    Well, that promise to waive the HBO fees was never kept. Finally by the beginning of December I had enough. Someone called demanding to get paid and said that if I paid my monthly bill all other fees would be removed which was about 45.00 so I paid 65.00 and then.. and 'checking' my account he said that the fees had already been credited back in September which was not true.
    I got angry and clearly told him I had enough of this company and their lies and wanted my account closed he now made it clear that I would end up paying over 350.00 in early cancellation fees. I said it very clearly that they owed me more for their lies and bad service.
    The next day, On December 3 2013, I sent an email wanting my account closed that same day and I stated that I WOULD NOT pay any more money to Direct tv. They did close the account and stated that the box to ship the receivers would arrive in about two weeks. It's been more than three weeks and I still have not received the boxes to ship the receiver.
    On December 23, 2013 I went to Facebook and explained my case and anger on how they handled my case. The answer I got was to contact the 800 #.
    On December 23 2013 about 8:00 pm pacific time, I checked my bank account and I noticed that Direct tv had withdrawn 71.95 without my knowledge or permission. When I called they were apologetic and said that it is because of the early termination fees and there is nothing they could do. I have not received those boxes to ship the receivers, and I only received the last statement two days before, and yet, they were quick to take the money out without me even knowing.
    Usually a company will try to work with the customer but I was told time and time again that there is nothing they could do.
    The rep, offered to have all those fees waived if I came back to Direct tv. I said no, he transferred me to the supervisor, Alleya, who also offered to have those fees removed if I came back. NO, I said.
    I was transferred to Jerri, in collections. I demanded to have the name and address to the CEO but she only gave me a P O Box to the billing dept in Glennwood Village Colorado. She never gave me the name of the CEO as she conveniently 'didn't have it.' How can they not know the name and address of their boss?

This is the facebook message on December 23 2013
    "Rosa M Diaz posted to DirecTV
    19 hours ago ·

In April someone called with the story that I would end up paying about 48.00 a month for the direct tv. I switched only to see how good a liar you are. I had enough of you guys adding fees and changing the charges and I closed the account on December 3. I told the man I wanted the account closed immediately.
    The next day I also sent an email wanting to return the receivers. I got an answer that I would receive the boxes in about two weeks. It’s already three weeks and I still have not receive that box to ship them.
    Like I said in the email I will NOT pay anything more than I have. I don’t know why I switched from Dish Network this company has been clear and consistent. Direct tv is just one story after another. I have found several websites where so many people have similar cases like mine. I will NOT pay the early termination fees or any other fees you have incurred in my account. This is the WORST company I have ever dealt with.
    You can sue me, you can do whatever you want but no extra money will come out of my pocket for direct tv.
    We can do this the easy and peaceful way or we can do it the hard way. Either you send those boxes and clear my account or I will make a social media call out for all other direct tv users who have similar cases like mine. I am sure direct tv will not like the negative publicity. I can go either way, it’s your call.
    Today I can see a couple of people who are also complaining about the service.
    Like ·
    Rosa M Diaz
    Write a comment...
    DirecTV I'm sorry about this, Rosa. We would like to speak with you to ensure the recovery kits are reshipped and verify your information. Please give us a call at [protected] and we will be happy to assist you."
    Like · Reply · 18 hours ago

I already sent my questions on facebook and twitter.
    "Rosa M Diaz
    DO YOU HAVE COMPLAINTS ABOUT DIRECT TV? So do many other people. We need to talk.
    Like · · Share · 10 hours ago ·

Tammie Monahan Dec 07, 2013

I send two checks to Directv they electronically file them! So fron Aug. 23 until Dec 7 I have been fighting with them. I am sick of it. I can NOT GET COPIES OF THE CHECK because they ELECTRONICALLY file them! I send them a bank statemant 2 times and get the damn thing back from them CAN NOT FINE YOUR CHECK. They cash the damn thing on 8-29 and i send it to Directv LLC Payment Center P.O. Box 78626 Phoenix Az [protected] I think this is a even ### now fine my check or come get your ### out!!

sactown1 Nov 30, 2013

Been DirecTV subscribers for six years. Last year our HD DVD receiver began to malfunction. Tried many fixes and software upgrades provided by DirecTV but nothing worked. We kept asking for replacement equipment and were told that it's only available to new subscribers. Finally the receiver quit working and we canceled our service. After paying almost $100/month for six years, for crappy programming and equipment, we received a bill for $135 for the broken receiver. We will NEVER use DirecTV EVER. Customer service is non-existent.

• Mg
    Mgraham1954 Nov 15, 2013

Direct TV removed hundreds of dollars from my bank account without permission. I called them several times and advised them to quit, they never did. So finally I closed my bank account so they could not collect anymore money. When they were unable to remove money from my old account, they called me and advised that In owed money. After numerous phone calls they finally admitted they owed me hundreds of dollars. I asked them to send me a refund check and they said they could'nt, however they could issue credits on are other account. CREDITS, it was my money, not credits. Well since that time they have issued credits and turned my TV off so many times I have over 40 manhours and 3 days of missed work to meet their techs for equipment issues its ridiculous. I sent in an email to the SUPPOSEDLY HEAD of Customer Support and had a FLUNKY from Idaho call me and state that their is nothing they can do because of the equipment issues or the 3 rooms that the system did not work in. I have picked up the paperwork and am filing in Court in Montana tomorrow. If nothing else they will spend more money in attorney fees than what is owed to me. And the suit will name the CEO as well as all people that promised credits. By Montana Law, a verbal agreement is as binding as a written one. And I have them on tape making the agreements, and they knew it.
    DIRECT TV is the most UNPROFESSIONAL organization I have ever met.

• Mu
    muddyhair Nov 12, 2013

I totally agree DIRECTTV SUCKS they automatically took out of my bank account a month earlier then the salesperson told which caused me two overdraft charges. I cant watch a recording in my room if someone is watching a recording in another room. My basic channels (ABC NBC CBS etc.) are not in HD. Even though when i had Dish they were. I wish I did not switch. Now I am stuck with DIRECT for 2 yrs. And then in 3 months I have to Pay for the HBO SHOWTIME AND CINEMAX channels. so mad at myself

Markhodg Nov 01, 2013

i would be asking your husband why he's watching porn while your gone i mean it seems here you are trying to fruad out direct tv.

• Mk
    MkStItCh Nov 01, 2013

When you signed the agreement, they were given that card for billing. You informing them that they can not charge that card does not make the agreement change. As far as returning the equipment and paying the final bill??? Again, if that is not in the agreement then they do not have to close the account and can bill you for the remainder of the agreement.

• Ke
    Kenitha Caldwell Nov 01, 2013

I am filing a complaint through directv for the unauthorized billing charges taken off my estranged husbands debit card for a bill in my name. Directv was notified that the card on file would no longer be available for billing on that account that i would return equipment and pay final bill myself. He did not authorize the payment and wants his funds returned to his card.

• Lu
    Lucci7777 Oct 26, 2013

I want to say I never had a bad thing I say about direct tv till now. I had there services back in 2000-7 then moved to utah when it all went to crap. To start with the problem with my bill never being straight also I refered 2 people to the company and still they treat me like just a mother dollar sign. I contracted with direct tv and my bill for the first year should of been 18.75 with all my discounts also they said I would get free show time for 3 months as a trial, I advised them I did not want it. Anyway my very first bill was 80 something dollars !! When I called in to question this I got a whole other story. And the reps are programmed to blame you and tell you your contract and why you signed up for like your a qlueless dumb customer. I mean the level of disrespect that some of these reps have is unbelievable! So they said my bill was 80 and that's what it was going to be long story short I have never paid a contracted price like I was told all the discounts they have gave me where lies! Also I'm not on here telling lies just check my bill and my account and you can see how (F'ed) up it really is!! Te second year was te worst! They took a customer that loved te service to hate the service! Not only did I spend countless hours wasted on the phone over the years, they have never took the inishitive to say they are sorry, and of course why would they care they are a multi billion dollar company. So to try to shorten it some more, I get to the last few months on my account. My mother advised me she wanted TV service and I was about to say go with dish or cable, what did I do? My dumb ### calls direct tv and sees how I can refer my mother cause she wanted to keep up with Spanish and see the Spanish channels. So I called direct tv and spoke with the rep he advised me that If I changed the service that it would not extended my contract so I called bs I said I want to speak with your supervisor and come to find out the supervisor also confirmed the same thing Mr. Luciano you will not have your contact extended nor will there be cancellation fees your contact ends so the rep said do you want to shut off the tv services now or wait till This novermber 2013. I said shut them off and sen the last 2 bills via paper to the address stated with my address. The rep supervisor said ok your all set gives me a confirmation number and I think things are finally good!! Hell no I get an unauthorized payment withdrawn from my personal bank checking account for the amount of $104.16 !!! Now wait it get way better. Not only do they pull my money from my account they also say they have current amount due of $68 !! How the hell do you figure if there is only 2 months left to my contract and my normal bill is around $40 that you would take "unauthorized" 104.16 then tell me I still owe another $68?? Even if I paid both months In advanced !! That still doesn't add up!! Oh but here's the real kicker, out of the blue they said I had a early termination contract ! So that was another freaking fee and they extended another 9 months they say! If you think I'm out rage well he'll put my shoes on and take the walk ! Even if they said sorry will give you free service for life or 2 years or anything I would tell them no thanks keep the tip cause you don't do busniess like that! And if they have this recorded they can go back and fire some of the dumb people they hired! This is a company where the left hand doesn't know the the right hand is doing. #1 in service ?? Please, spare your self at least be honest and say 75-80 percent approval ratings, tell is like it is, instead of sugar coating it!

• To
    tobrien Oct 21, 2013

rep refuse to give me a pay arrangment until sat when i called in on that monday. the rep refuse to let me talk to higher sups and told me i will not have service until i paid past due balance of 30.00. Told me I will not be given any credits either for the time of the few days I will not have service. I was signed up for auto pay and could not pay a few days before because it didnt full under my pay date. the first 2 rep where very rude, this call center is not even in the usa on top of it. this is not good since this services is in the unite states. All in All, all i wanted was a pay arrangement for 30.00 after i have been a loyal customer.

• Kn
    K Nick Oct 16, 2013

Obviously a relative of Direct TV has responded to my previous comment...so sad.

• Kn
    K Nick Oct 15, 2013

I disagree with the last comment to this complaint... Your Direct TV contracts are fraudulent to most consumers. I say fraudulent because the majority of the time the prices we are promised are never consistent nor is the service that great...dropping during stormy weather or whatever?. Do we really have a choice when we order your service? How darn Direct TV defend those ridiculous contracts that HAVE TO BE SIGNED in order to get the service. Consumers are really getting screwed here because of the satellite companies taking advantage of people who have no choice if they want TV service in their areas. Why are they not being investigated and regulated? These sites are full of complaints. I don't think every consumer is wrong here. If they provided the service they actually promised why are there so many complaints? Point made...