Direct TVdirectv sucks

Click on the link to see the full complaint

• Ra
    Rakeisha Respress Mar 23, 2013

I'm disputing two charges that was made on my card account. I let someone use my card to get directv service because they did'nt have a card account. They got their service disconnected so their early termination fee has been coming off of my card account. I really do need my money back and my card account taken off of Danny Myles account because that is not my account and I can't keep having my money taken off of my account to pay someone else's bill. So I ask for this issue to be resolved please as soon as possible.

• Un
    unhappyinOregon Mar 22, 2013

Well, I am going to join the millions of complaints about directv. I have unfortunately had to move twice during my contract. Because I havent been a customer for a year they charged me $218 to move my service. DO NOT believe those movers package commercials, there is a catch to them. So, they did help with the first move and cut it to $118 but refuse to help with with the future ones. So I had to suspend my account until I can figure out what to do. I asked how much would it cost to get out of the contract and they quoted me $420. Laughing to myself and to them and told them it was actually cheaper to get OUT of the contract then it was to move the service. What kind of a backwards company lets that happen. I will be leaving this service and finding another. Not many choices to choose from but it won't be directv again.

• Nu
    numbnuts Mar 21, 2013

I just checked with Walmart. Yeah, there are different brands of "boxes" you can buy---------but, you can only get those local channels as if you had an out door antenna. If you have 2 or 3 T.V. you need a box for each one. You can get Netflix of $9. a month.
    Not any better off!!!

• Nu
    numbnuts Mar 21, 2013

I just got off the phone w/DTV!! what a bunch of jerks! I had to call 3 times after jumping through all their "I didn't understand that" non-sense, and their letting me know I could speak to them in Spanish (just in case I'm an illegal here in the U.S. on the take, after all we do want all the illegals to be comfortable here and take anything they want, just like we can just walk into Mexico [who would want to] and do as we please, rape, rob, kill, then run back across the border).
    After waiting 33 mins of my cell phone time I actually got a Super dooper visor! Who, by the way, had the I.Q. of a turnip!
    I don't know about you, but I'm fed up with cable/satellite T.V. providers. As well as those cell phone robbers! We are all getting ripped off! Yeah, I get 200 channels, but only watch 5 or 6 of them, the rest is garbage!!

• Mf
    M Frady Mar 18, 2013

I would stongly advise you DO NOT GET SERVICE with DIRECT TV, their customer services reps are taught to lie, they have you give them you bank information to get the service with some lame excuse about if you do not return the equipment they will then bill you for it. then they help themselves to your BANK ACCOUNT, they are not helpful at all. A good company would be willing to help their customers out in order to keep their business. What it seems to me from reading all these complaints is they are running as many customer off as they can. Well you know where they will eventual lead. Be SMART and DO NOT GET YOUR TV SERVICE THROUGH DIRECT TV. You can get internet service through a company and go to Wal-Mart and by a box, there are different brand names that you can hook up and get over 200 channels do this instead, the only bill you will owe is for your internet. UNBELIVABLE that company’s run their business like this. I work for a very large company and I am a client service rep myself and I finds ways to help our clients and we have 90% client retention. And you don’t see any web sites out on the Web like this one actually we are one of the Fortune 500’s best companies to work for in America. Guess that tells you something about how a company should runs their business and it’s DEFIANTLY NOT what DIRECT TV does for their customers.

• Dj
    djailer Mar 09, 2013

We just switched to DirectTV - not my idea but...Well tonight I was going to lay back and relax and watch bad sci-fi movies. Ooops, Sorry no go. Try the Self Test. Error, Error... No internet connection? What? It worked last night. Well, sort of. Kept stopping and telling me my blazing internet connection was too slow to show a movie on. BS, by the way. I tested my up and download speeds - they are still fast. But it is true...there is no connection showing to my wireless router for the box. I called Customer Service and she politely informed me that there is a technical problem and the engineers are working on it. OK, things break. What about a credit for lost service? No, we don't do that. OnDemand is a free service and we can't credit you for something you don't pay for. WHAT?? We are paying $50/mo. or something like that to get TV channels..to include the free movie channels. My choice is to watch David Letterman or 30 channels of infomercials and fitness channels. DIRECTTV sucks!!!

• Da
    daniel franko Mar 03, 2013

please help me, your people mislead me about via sat internet service.i told them i use it for Facebook and down loading movies on pay per view.they said it would work great for that as long as i dont run games. they explained it i could use Facebook 5 hours a day, and if i watch a 2 hour pay per view movie that 2 hours would just come out of my 5 hour a day. well they came and hooked it up.now i got no pay per view.i called your tech support and they told me now that it not good for watching movies, if you look at my record i watch lots of pay per view and would of never got viasat if i could get my movies anymore.if you go to our phone conversation on 2-28-13 around 8pm when we ordered this service you will see they mislead me.i called twice the second time a called about my pay per view movies and thats when they told me about the 5 hours a day. come to find out after they hooked it up that 1 movie is over 10 gigs allowed per month . please help me i am crippled and all i have is my tv and i love your service.why would they do this to me.i can't ever get a hold of viasat. i have waited hours on the phone and then get hung on.please if you started this service you should be able to stop it after you listen the phone conversation on how they mislead me.i won't be home 3-4-13 because i am having surgery, bu should be home all day on 3-5-13, if i am not here you can talk to my roomate lore stanfield. please call me as i am not good with the internet, thank you [protected] daniel franko 217 scivally st. springer oklahoma 73458.please help me

• Fr
    fr1988 Feb 28, 2013

I am in a huge fight right now with direct tv. they are a fraud. a month a go i decided to get their service and i was happy with my purchase but a week later from my purchase they call me and offered me a bundle that was pay $365 for a whole year of service and i accepted so in total i paid like $700 and i saw the changes in my tv they told me they would come install the other 2 rooms also. they never showed up. i would call and call and nobody ever gave me an answer until i told them i wanted to speak with a representative and they told me someone did make some changes and moved the funds that i paid and gave me 7-10 days to investigate they called me back and wanted to verify they were talking to the right person and asked me for my ss i gave it to them and they said it did not match and kept insisting it did not match i think it is just excuses. i told them i wanted my money back and wanted to know what happened but they wouldnt tell me becuz my ss didnt match with theirs. i dont know what to do anymore to get my money back imt ired of calling them and calling them and just giving them excuses.

• Ab
    Abbas H Feb 26, 2013

I sent this email to the CEO of Directv:

I used to be a Directv customer many years back and recently decided to come back to it. So, I called 3 different times and was SHOCKED at the hard sell tactics that are being used by your company. It is nothing short of a boiler room operation.

I informed the sales rep that I am in retail sales and will not be pressured in to giving out any personal information UNTIL I get answers to my questions. At every step they would keep asking me for more and more personal info without giving me any answers to my questions. Finally (on 2 occasions) we actually got in to a shouting match and I warned these reps that I would hang up but they kept persisting and so I hung up.

The third time (yesterday) your sales rep was more amiable to giving out information (which I appreciated) and finally I gave him my personal information. At the end he kept using delaying tactics in giving me exact numbers using excuses like the system is slow etc. Funny thing is that I had just finished talking with AT&T, Comcast and Dish Network who had all used the same BS line. Finally, I got tired of this game and asked him to call me back with this information. Almost 24 hours later, I have not received a call back from him and I have now decided to go with AT&T.

As the CEO of the company, I think you should know that the practices being used by your sales team are nothing short of SHAMEFUL and if you are already aware of it then SHAME on you too.

• He
    herbert T Feb 07, 2013

DirecTV are thieves. Here's why I say this. I have a vacation mobile in Apache Junction, AZ. I am there for less than 2 months a year. In April 2012, just before packing up and leaving, I went online and switched the account from CHOICE ($64/mo) to FAMILY ($30/mo), plus I deactivated 2 boxes ($6 each/mo). In Feb 2013 I returned to AZ and found all 3 boxes deactivated. I called - 3 times - because twice the rep hung up on me though I was polite but firm - and was told that they had no record of my online account switch, AND it is their policy to deactivate all TV boxes after 30 days of non-use. But they would give my account ZERO credit for the 10 months of non-use. The fine print of the contract allows them to do this. So, the lesson learned is do not use their website to make changes, and most important, read the fine print of the contract, which allows them to take you to the cleaners. DirecTV prides themselves on their customer service, saying that pleasing their customers is their #1 priority. But, in my experience, these are empty words. They do not honor their commitment to their customers, and they have not earned, nor do they deserve, our patronage. Signed, Thoroughly disgusted, soon to be ex-customer.

• Sk
    Skunz18 Jan 29, 2013

I am out of contract with direct TV and have been for a while. When I called a few times to cancel my service they offered all kinds of credits to get me to stay, like free hbo for 6 months, $5 off per mo for 6 mo for something, etc, ect. Every discount they could give me they gave me. I am moving to Ca and want to bundle with twc because twc can offer faster Internet. When I called to cancel my service I was told that I have to PAY THEM for the unused credits they gave me to keep me as a customer. Because I don't want to be thier customer anymore I have to pay them the unused credits they offered me totaling $175! Of corse they never mentioned that I would have to pay back the unused portion of the credits they issued me If they mentioned it to me I would have canceled right the. And there. If they charge you for the credits they really aren't giving you anything!

• Iron Muffin Jan 27, 2013

What is even more ridiculous is posting a complaint with no relevant information.

• Cs
    csewell00 Jan 27, 2013

i have only had directv since nov 24 2012 and have been having problems ever since. i have been lied to on many occasions and have been told that they are working on the issue but how long do i have to wait. this is ridiculous. no one should have to put up with this and still pay for the service. this company does not care about their customers as long as they are being paid.

• Le
    Lexivore13 Jan 23, 2013

I have been a DirecTV subscriber since June of 2012.
    I have had problems with service from both the satellite and their employees from the beginning. Shortly after I signed on with them I found that I needed additional equipment for another TV in my house. I received an additional box after a week which I self installed only to find that it was defective and I had to order another one for 200.00 out of pocket. I found that I was unable to watch DVR'd programs on any of my other TV's if someone in the house was already watching a DRV'd program. In order to do this I would need an additional DVR and I would have to sign a new 2 year contract. I decided to leave it as it was. It still bugs me but, whatever.
    A few months ago we lost service to the DVR and it had to be reset losing all recording including some family appearances. Sad to see those go but hard drives do that sometimes. I called customer service and they offered no recompense not even a credit for the outage.
    Customer service was continually rude and at times I felt that they egged me on and were trying to make me more angry so they could have an excuse to hang up on me.
    I decided I needed to reduce my bill because the service isn't worth $100+ especially if it doesn't work as I expected. After several hours of rude customer service and hard sell I was finally able to get my bill down to about $80.
    The final straw came last week when I decided to drop down to bare minimum because I don't want to pay them a penny more than I have to. After canceling my last 2 premium channels I found that my previously DVR'd programs were all erased again even though when I cancelled my other premium channels those programs had remained on the DVR. After speaking to 3 different CSR's the message was essentially "too bad, so sad" and I asked to have a supervisor contact me and was told I would be contacted within 72 hours. Still nothing from these deadbeats.
    I still have 16 months on my contract but as soon as my taxes come in I will be happy to buy out my contract and I will never do business with these creeps again. DO NOT USE DIRECTV!~

James Dickinson Jan 22, 2013

Directv took $180.00 out of my bank account without telling me are getting my authorization.They are refusing to give it back to me because it's in there policies that they have the right to do this.They say I agreed to this.i was late for as many as 3 months in the past and they never did this but now all of a sudden they have the right to do this because I agreed to this. When? When I signed up a few years ago? Why was this policy not implemented when I was as much as 3 months behind before?If I had know that then I would have canceled my account before it could happen again.

• Ol
    Old Directv Customer Jan 20, 2013

I guess I am one of the longer customers of Directv 20 years I guess and always loyal to thier service but even I have my limits. They have declined so badly. They lie and cheat folks as a business model just look at some of the law suits launched against them in recent years. I also I must finally admit the signal is wipped out every time it rains, snows or even alot of cloud cover so why would anyone want this type of setup if it rains or snows alot in your area. I am in Texas so we get by fairly ok, but it is still down alot. I even missed the Rangers / World Series because their equipment failed, and they did not even apologize. Thier customer service is poor and the leadership is even poorer. Not that I have a love affair with ATT but I guess when you have no choice you do what is needed so Hello ATT U-Verse.

• Th
    The Kings Jan 18, 2013

Today is Jan. 18th, 2013. Our house alarm and house telephone is not working due to the Direct TV installation. The Direct TV company wants us to wait until Jan. 21st to have it fixed. Not only that but they took OUR dish that we bought off our property without telling us that they were going to remove it. That's theft. I do not care that they put a new one up, they took ours without our consent or knowledge. Now to make matters even worse the tv and sound would all of a sudden go out. When we called about the problem they told us that we would have to purchase a better cable for it to work better. We are calling our lawyer in the morning. We are stopping the service and have no intention of paying anything to this company. If you are reading this DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH DIRECT TV if you want to have a peaceful home in my opinion.

• Aj
    ajp_744 Jan 16, 2013

I LIVE IN VIOLET HILL ARKANSA, WE, VE LIVED HERE 3 YEARS AND HAVE HAD NEW YORK LOCAL CHANNELS, I HAVE BEEN TOLD I WILL GET LOCAL CHANNELS IN MY AREA EVERY TIME I TALK TO A REP FROM DIRECTV THEY GIVE ME A DIFFERENT EXCUSE EVERY TIME, IVE BEEN TOLD EVEN TO USE ANOTHER ADDRESS TO GET LOCAL CHANNELS I LIKE DIRECTV THIS IS MY ONLY PROBLEM WITH IT IM HOPING THIS WILL BE THE YEAR I GET THE LOCAL CHANNELS IF NOT I WILL GO TO ANOTHER THANKS

• Mr
    MRS.B ANDERSON Jan 11, 2013

i moved from NY to Texas two weeks ago and signed up, for a easy to move service, what a joke. i waited 5 days for a tec to come to my house, it was set for him to be here between 8 and 12, i called several direct tv several times to get a time of arrival and was told my tec would call me in 30 min, nothing, that happened 3 times as i being promised my service was gonna be turned on, now at 2:00 pm i call them for the forth time to be told my tec over booked him self and he wouldn't be here today, so let me get this straight not only did we tell them i just started a new job but i was gonna take the am off for them to do this, i didn't even get a call from them to tell me i wasn't getting my service, i had to call them to find out, and when i asked how they were gonna make this right, i was told it was gonna be another 5 days before we can have our services turned on, to me this tells me that they don't care about their customers, i have been with direct tv myself for over 15 years, and never have been treated this way, i have canceled my services with them and will encourage everyone else to take a good look at doing business with such a false business because what they say means nothing to them, by all rights i should have been put on the techs next appointment not booked 5 days later for their mistake, who's is over seeing that these tec are over booking their selves, not that it matters cause you just get knocked back to when ever, this is very poor business and cant believe how low standers direct tv has showing, who wants to pay good money out to a compaNY who cant even keep its word, NOT ME

• Mi
    Michelle Jones 14 Jan 06, 2013

Holy cow! This company is crazy. I caled to get service(Now I am not sure why) was "approved" had everything set up, and no show. I call to find out they cancelled my order. Did they refund what I had to pay to get service? Ummm no... Funny how that works huh? Anyway, I call to find out why they are not here, and I got oh your not getting service, and she laughted. I asked for a supervisor, who told me it was not a customer service issue with direct, because I did not have their service... Really, ... So what happened was I bought a house 2012, the previouse owners moved out in April of 2011. Directs great researchers are so on top, they had no clue. Anyway, whoever owned my house previously left a balance, so they have tied it to me. What company does that? I mean really. They did not even have the common courtsey to call and tell me they were not showing up. I re-arranged my schedule for them. Then I talk to them and all they can say is Im sorry, and you have to call another 800# for them to actually research and find out what i have said along is true. What company makes a new homeowner pay for the previous owners issue? I mean where is the customer service in this company. I talked to 1 rep who laughed and said I won't get service, to a supervisor that would not listen, to some research lady, who apologized, but said no service until I call the 800#. Really, they ruined my day already, and now I have to take time out at work to call them again? If this is how they treat a new customer, I'd hate to see what they treat existing customers. If I treated folks the day Direct treated me today, I would not have my job. I asked for corps #, and she proceeded to tell me they don't have a phone #... Holy cow!!! What is wrong with this???????

• Us
    username2131255 Dec 31, 2012

Complete rip off from day one. Can't wait til contract is over!

• Rr
    RRDSG Dec 23, 2012

If you are thinking of signing up for Directv, DON'T. I have had multiple problems with Directv service and equipment. If you complain, they send form letters and refer you to the web site. I have been a customer for a very long time and they USED to be great. Now that they are so big, the service has disappeared. I have no satellite signal and it will take 3 days before any one will come to service it. No one in the call center knows any thing. All they ever tell you to do is disconnect everything and reset your receiver and waste your time. I can't wait to change to a different service.

• Xi
    Xie Dec 16, 2012

Be careful when directv asks your credit card #.
    I have called directv to inquiry bundle service package to compare similar package from other suppliers before I decide which supplier I will choose. Directv sales rep told me in order to send me information about the directv package, I should provide credit card # and put down $1. I did. Then, the rep asked me to set installation date. I was alarmed by his words. I asked him that I have not ordered anything yet, why should I set up an installation date. Then, he told me that giving credit card number to him means I agreed to order directv service. So, you can see the dishonest sale practice already.
    Then, I told the rep that please do not send me info package through email, just simply stop everything between directv and me. But, the rep said that sorry, he can not stop this process. I have to call customer services dept to cancel my order. Otherwise, directv will charge me $20/month for early termination fee. You see I did not order anything, directv set the order for me. This is cheating. So, no mater you like directv or not, just be careful to be hooked up without your acknowledgement.
    Then, I have talked two level of managers up. They basically said the same thing that I have given them my credit card #, if I do not choose installation date, they will set an installation date for me. This is rubbery.
    Later, I do received directv email which mentioned that I ordered service on 12/15/2012 and installation date is 1/8/2013. This is absolutely as ridiculous as that 'I am going to steal your money as long as you do not call somebody to stop me.'
    To stop the rubbery, I called directv customer services to cancel the order directv set me up. The rep ask me why. My answer is directv sale dept is dishonest and told her above story. Then, she said this is standard directv process system. See, be careful on directv. Then, she try to sale the same package to me. I bluntly rejected her and told her directv practice is wrong. What she just said is shameless.
    In case of that you do want to switch to directv from others, go online of directv web site, read carefully on all words of packages, make decision by yourself. So, you will not fall in the trap set by directv sale dept.

• Gb
    Gbert14 Dec 08, 2012

My DVR from DirecTV was acting a bit flaky so when I called to report it and get a new one (which I have done before, with no problems) they told me I could upgrade to a new DVR with no charges for 1 year. After 1 year I would see only a $10 increase in my monthly bill. I had to pay a $20 fee to the installer - no biggy there. I also had to agree to a 2-year contract and submit a credit card. I reassured through the agent that there would be absolutely 0 increase in my monthly bill and she assured me that.
    I received my first bill and it went up $25!! I called to report a billing error and they told me I had to pay all my monthly charges.
    Suggest others report them to FTC and Consumer Affairs.com. Only through many of us complaining will DirecTV be forced to halt this illegal activity.

• Pi
    pissedoff128 Dec 07, 2012

Direct tv is full of ### been dealing with they ### ance august about money that was takin out of my mothers checking account 603 they have only refunded 212 of that. Been dealing with them bout refunding her the 175 for the sucking dir box since august was told if I reconnected shed get all that back. They told me that if they get the Boise gets the cash. Well they ha've my Houston address n kept sending the recovery box to mh old address in Cleveland. Idiots. Finally get the recovery box two months later. They get the dvr. Back n I still don't have moms money. I get a bill and I see a 175$ credit Wichita is the money for the ddvr they shudde have put back on my moms bank card. One day it's one story the next day u get something totally different. Call the number listed on this page nd all they can do is refund me the money left as a credit on my direct tv account. Which is ### if I did have the time and funds yea I Wed sue direct tv lying ###

• Ru
    R U Kidding Me????? Dec 02, 2012

I too am getting worked over by Directv on billing. I am recommending that everyone file a complaint with the state attorney general's office.

• Pa
    pagal Nov 30, 2012

Literally spent 4 hours on the phone today. Got my first bill in the mail from Verizon since I was sold one of their bundles which included phone w/regional long distance, high speed internet and Direct TV. I really grilled the sales rep and pressed him for what my monthly total would be. Told me $79.99 plus $6 for the second TV plus taxes (which he told me would be approx $10/month). Got my first bill today and it was $138, which included $17 for a partial month of my old service. What I did notice on the bill which I'm trying to dispute is the $20 monthly charge for the receiver. I was never told there would be this additional charge. I've spoke with 2 supervisors at Verizon and one supervisor at Direct TV and gotten no where with getting this resolved. I did pay the $21 up front to have the equipment sent to me. I remember the sales rep telling me after the first year the bill would go up $20 (supposedly some discount/promo runs out after the first year) on the 2 year commitment. Nothing was said about a $20 monthly charge for the receiver box. I plan one more time to get a Verizon supervisor on the phone and I'm going to ask that they do a 3 way call and get a Direct TV supervisor on the phone. So far each has been telling me it's not their problem to resolve. After reading others experiences, I guess I should be glad it's only $20 I'm being ripped off monthly, but that adds up over the year... and in 12 months it will be double that. Definitely was not worth the move from DISH.

• Lu
    Luciano Governale Nov 30, 2012

Why is this happening to me again

Acct [protected]

Luciano Governale

Please can Ann call me on my cell [protected]

• Ou
    Outlaw13M Nov 28, 2012

I also had problems with DIRECTV, they promise the world & you really get nothing but a headache ! First they could not use the same mount on the roof, so they put more holes in roof to attach thier mount . Promised to remove it & repair mounting holes when done with them ! Guess what, it is still there . Anytime the weather turned bad, we would put on the weather channel or try to ! See bad weather came & our signal always went out !
    After 1 year with them, I had become unemployed, they played along for a couple monthes . When I seen this was going to take longer to find employment becuase we live ina very small town, I decided to call & cancell my service . I told them that as soon as I found employment or started receiving my unemployment checks that I would call & make arrangements to pay off my bill ! They seemed ok with that, until about 4 weeks went by, I went to the store & used my debit card & the store clerk told me it came up as a NSF ( Non Sufficient Funds ), luckily I had enough to cover it in my wallet . Called my bank first thing Monday morning & they said I had nothing in my checking & only $2.42 in my savings ! We had just under $500.00 & figured that would last us ( if careful) until I started back to work or unemployment check arrived ! They told me that DIRECTV had billed my account the sum of $471.41 for thier services !
    Then I called DIRECTV & they said nothing they could do to call your bank back & file a dispute of payment ! So I did, bank said it would take about 5 to 7 days . This was all the money we had to survive on until something (formentioned) came along !
    I have gone to consumer reports & found 728 complaints already on file, now there is 729 ! I will also use every means available to me to tell this story so as maybe I can help atleast one other person or more avoid this same thing happening to them ! Thank you all for taking the time to read this ! Don in Indiana !!!

• Na
    Natasha1212 Nov 25, 2012

I have a problem withe Directv theat is stretching almost a monthe now. I had auto-pay set up on my account which takes out money from my checking account every monthe on thee 5the. I spoke withe a customer service representative, and theey told me theat I had credits to cover my next bill, so it wasn't no need to make a payment for thee monthe of November. So I was a very happy customer!!! I am going to fast forward to thee end of October, and I opened up thee bill to discover theat I owed theem money instead of having enough credits to cover thee bill. Being thee responsible adult theat I am I called theem up asking whetheer or not she can take thee auto-pay off of my account because thee money wasn't going to be on theere. The customer service representative said oh ok I can take it off for you when can you make a payment? I said I can make a payment on November thee 16the. So thee 5the of November rolls around and I get hit withe fees and charges from my bank because of Stupid Directv. IF YOU DON'T HAVE DIRECTV PLEASE DON'T GET IT!!! CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES NEEDS TO GO BACK INTO TRAINING BECAUSE SOME OF THEM DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. YOU GET 3 DIFFERENT ANSWERS FROM 3 DIFFERENT PEOPLE.
    INSTEAD OF TELLING ME THAT IT TAKES 3-6 WEEKES FOR THEM TO CANCEL SERVICE SHE MADE IT LOOK AND SOUND SO EASY. ALMOST A MONTH LATER i AM STILL FIGHTING WITH THEM!!! i WISH I CAN GET FIOS BUT i LIVE IN A URBAN AREA AND CAN'T GET IT.

• Aa
    aaron williams44 Nov 23, 2012

i slept with carey and got his baby that muther###er gave me herrpes evert wear how can i sue him

• Ro
    rocky anello Nov 23, 2012

I don't agree with the language but I certainly know how they feel. Ihave been trying to get Direct T.V. To come to my home and fix my problems which I pay for through the gaurdian system. I am a heart Patient who returned home from surgery on Tuesday( by the way I live alone and am 77 years old)turned on my T.V. and no nothing, all it could say was searching for signal, called Direct T.V. and got the run around, it was supposed to be taken care of Wednesday, No show, Friday No show, called them back, they said Monday there is noone in your area at this time. I told them I live alone and my condition, and wouldn't you beleive it I iold them ahat I was going to do. Their comment whatever in so many words, yet they demand their payments on time but do not give you any rebate for their mistakes, and I am one who will go on facebook and urge people to resign from Direct T.V. services since they will not honor threir obligation to the public they claim to do so. Well since they won't fix the problems and as far as I am concerned they are not very Professional in anything they do at this point. Since they don't have a bargining point, lets give them something to think about. I'm sure there are a lot of you who live alone and that the tv is your only companion, lets do something about. How about you Mr. company President and Executive Director. This may not get my problem taken care of but others will know what they need to know and do about it.

• Jj
    jjgsag Nov 22, 2012

HD boxes work intermittently. SD boxes work ok.
    Can't log on to technical forums but 1 time only.
    Log on and password get me to my account but after posting once on technical forum and hoping for answers I am locked out.
    Have had service for less then month and asked to get out if contract because of lack or service.
    Am venting on this public forum.

• Ab
    Abcdefg1234567 Nov 19, 2012

Thanks for the information I will be using it after this NIGHTMARE I've had to endure. My acct was hacked 1 yr ago and diretv's genius teams could not figure out how a signal could be stolen! So instead of looking into it further I was told the solution was to close my acct and the fraudulent activity balance of $5800.00 would be taken off my acct and I would not be responsible for it. Fast fwd to present day (nov 2012) I receive a collections letter indicating I owe Directv $5800! I am livid!!! I have been on the phone with them all day without any results. Their reps are rude, accusatory and not to mention not helpful at all!! I have been passed around so many times and I've had it!!! DIRECTV IS THE MOST HORRIBLE COMPANY EVER!!!

• Se
    Sean Gremminger Nov 18, 2012

We had a DirecTV dish installed in July and it was problem free until late October (after the 90 day warranty expired.) We called DirecTV and had a technician out to fix the problem, which he did. The tech said the problem was due to faulty installation-one of the support posts came out of true because it was installed backwards. The cold weather and rain in Wisconsin caused the metal to contract and shift slightly. The repair technician said that if it was installed correctly, this would not have happened. When I called customer service, they basically said it was past the 90 day warranty and I signed off on the installation, relieving them of any responsibility for the installation. So basically, because a DirecTV technician initially installed it incorrectly (and how would I know it wouldn't stand up to 30 degree weather--the connection worked, so I assumed it was installed correctly) I must pay to have his shoddy work repaired. If I was knowledgeable about satellite dish installation, I may have caught the mistake. Alas, I am not. I would have had no problem paying the repair bill if it was due to a storm or animal causing the problem, but it was a DirecTV installer that was the problem! How am I to know that the repair was done correctly? Will that repair present problems in the summer and cause another $50 tech visit? Is this the type of 'customer service' I am to expect from DirecTV? When I called, I was basically told, in other words, I'm out of luck but I could purchase the monthly service protection to protect against future problems. I'm only 4 and a half months into a two year agreement. It's starting to make me miss Charter Communications--they had high prices but at least were problem free for the 14 years we had them. Is there nothing that can be done to fix this problem?

• Ms
    MsA_licia Nov 12, 2012

I also signed up for the one yr 44.95 per month promo package. The first month my bill was $100, they took it down to $73 because I completed the required rebate to get a discount (which $73 is still not the $44.95 promised price) and then they charged me $130 the following month for the $27 they took off in the first month saying I underpaid when I signed up for autopayments, they take out however much theey want to so how can I underpay! My bill has been over $100 since signing up withe them 4 months ago and customer service does not help at all. All they do is explain that I have extra stuff that costs more when all I signed up for was the products that were supposed to be included in the discount package. When I ask them to take those things off my plan they tell me it is a charge for that also! I canceled my autopayment through customer service and double checked my online account to make sure that I was no longer enrolled. My account said I was no longer enrolled in autopayments and that my new billing due date was Nov. 10th instead of Nov. 5th as with the autobilling. Directv still debited my account for $130 on Nov. 5th with no warning (I still have no clear explanation as to why it is not $44.95). I have since canceled my bank card and got a new one issued because they can not be trusted with your card number. I was told to cancel my service it will be an $80 charge to my card (glad I changed the number) which there shouldn't be any charge because they have not upheld their part of the deal from the beginning. Bottom line worst cable company EVER!!!

• Lg
    L. Gibson Nov 06, 2012

I am on board with all of the above complaints. Last year I lived with my son and our arrangement was that I would pay the utility bills. I did so with my debit card. I was not listed on my son's account and I am not responsible for his bills. I moved to my own home in late April 2012 and tried to get my card info off of my sons account. Direct TV would not allow me to remove it. This month Direct TV debited my account for 400.00 for my son's past due bill. He has lost his job and couldn't pay them. I live on a fixed income and they took every penny I had in the bank with no money coming in for 4 weeks. Of course, I got no cooperation from their "No customer service" department.

• Ra
    Raghu P Nov 01, 2012

My contract got extended without my notice.

I am pissed of customer with DIRECT TV. Issues with Direct TV. Direct TV cheated me by prolonging my contract without my notice. The customer server are real pretty ignorant bureaucratic, no sensitivity towards the customers. I have wasted my hours and hours of time explaining the same story again and again again, several times to several people (so called managers, and their managers etc., ). And I also felt that their escalations are lateral, not to upper levels. At this point, just like other several thousands of unsatisfied/pissed off customers, I am just hanging in there and trying to adjust to their brutality.

MadWifenMom2012 Oct 27, 2012

We are so disgusted by the service from DirecTv. Since March of 2012 we have had issues with their service, billing, customer service, the technician was UNPROFESSIONAL, smelled, disregarded schedule times! We reported him and the continued service issues and what does this company do you ask???

Well they continue sending the SAME TECHNICIAN after being prohibited from coming in our home!! The issue is STILL ON GOING, the company just transfers us from one rep to another!

This company takes consumer money for gains, doesn't care about the crappy service given, and most definitely doesn't care for the CUSTOMERS! We are home on beautiful Saturday wasting our precious family time, dealing with this company YET AGAIN!!!

DON'T SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY YOU WILL HATE YOURSELF IF YOU DO!!!

• Tr
    TravelwithTina Oct 19, 2012

I only wish I had heard or knew about all of this a week ago. I just subscribed to Direct TV. They promptly came out and installed my equipment, I paid only the $21.00 tax. No installation fee. It took a few days but I noticed that I did not have Internet service. I contacted the installer and he told me Direct TV did not have Internet. I spent a good hour on the phone with the sales dept. and was assured many times that my monthly bill would include Internet. I was also told that the Refer a Friend program they have was no longer valid either. After talking to 3 different people at DTV I was sent to ATT who is the contracted provider. THIS IS WHERE I REALLY got raked. I was told that it would be an installation fee of $49.99, plus a $100.00 equipment fee (wasn't sure if that was buying it or just a fee. The employee of DTV didn't know herself) and then another $100.00 deposit to insure I kept their service for 1 year. Then I was told I was eligible for a $50.00 rebate by one person then another had no idea what I was talking about. I found out the refer a friend program is valid, however, you do not receive the $10.00 off on your monthly service until the 13th month. I could not believe what I was hearing. I still have no idea what my bill will be. I was told the $249.00 was waived, and now I wont have Internet until Nov. 8th because that's the soonest ATT can come out. I was told there would be no reason for a tech visit by DTV then ATT tells me I do. No one knows whats going on between the two. I am so confused and pissed at this point and now very concerned after seeing all of you quoting the huge amounts for your bill. I am writing a letter to the CEO for clarification and to also suggest highly that he consider putting everyone in training together so everyone has the same story. My friends that also got DTV did not have to pay anything for their Internet, (same thing happened to them. They were not told it was separate) but they had to sign a contract with DTV for two years and they had to bundle their service as well. They get their phone and TV from DTV and Internet with Verizon.