DHLlost package, will not refund any money

DHL lost package # [protected] a cell phone in Memphis submitted all required data and the have no record of any data being submitted. I accept the loss since I have spent several hours trying to recover a $77 loss. They have worn me down. I consider this a gyp company. DHL wanted the shipper to file for the lost package. Shipper has their

money thus has no reason to waste time with DHL.

DHL seems to ignore all lost request hoping the customer will give up and I have. I have all their e-mails which repeat their ineffective responses.

• Ga
    garden28 May 31, 2017

I love the way Viabox handle their clients' requests. The system in pace ensures that complaints and chargebacks are handled with ease and in time

• Ha
    HamzaShaykh Apr 25, 2017

thats the only reason i use and i prefer viabox services as it is most reliable cargo service among all with lowest shipping rates and excellent customer care.

• Kp
    kpyeoh Jun 03, 2016

6 Android Smartphones had been sent by Borderlinx on Jan2012. Later, I was informed that 6 Android Smartphones found Missing during the delivery of DHL USA. I was informed that Borderlinx is partnership with DHL USA in its business. After dealing more than 20 person in charges of Borderlinx through online chat, still, nothing in progress. Every person said different things and keep different promise to me. After wasting a lot of time, I was able to talk to Customer Service Manager of Borderlinx USA, Katerina Mousia on April 2012. She keep telling me that the Payment Department is being took care of my refund. However, I have not yet received the refund even in the month of June 2012.

I don't know care if anyone is going to keep telling me sorry about the incident that happened to me. What I really care is when can I receive my refund? Should I wait for a week, a month, a year or even until the sun rising from the west? Just let me know?

chewyfied Jun 03, 2016

Ok let's start from odering. I ordered a new xbox 360 from Currys on 29/04, DHL picked up the parcel from Currys on 03/05. On 04/05 DHL's tracking facility displayed my parcel as "with courier for delivery". Now if you don't know, Hull is not a large city, and the depot is 3km from my house. Not only is it strange that it would be with the courier for this amount of time, when I attempt to contact them, they ignore me, both via email and by not answering the telephone.

I have had things delivered to me many times by different companies, (home delivery network, parcel force, fed-ex and such) and never has this happened with any of them. This is however the second time this has happened with DHL, the first time being an order John Lewis, who handed DHL the parcel 15 days before they delivered it to me... I can see this happening again unfortunately.

jane Jun 03, 2016

I am not condoning DHL's behavior, however, it sounds to me as if you simply called customer service once and when you got a poor answer you simply said oh well, its gone... there are poor customer service reps in all industries. If you have not resolved this issue I would strongly suggest calling DHL again with a complete description of the packaging and contents along with your name and address as well as where it was going. If you get a rep who seems to not care, simply ask to speak to their manager. By asking to speak to their manager rather than simplya supervisor it will get you to an actual supervisor rather than a "helpdesk" or "Senior agent". It will direct you to an actual supervisor. Providing this detailed information about the pacakge will allow them to search their " lost and found office" which is where packages that are missing needed delivery information go to . This office specializes in locating the owners of the packages by researching and posting the contentsto a website that all DHL agents have access to . THey do so by way of key word so be sure to provide as much detailed information as possible. Since these are scholarly journals, provide any titles and authors, what type of binding, colors of bindings etc...
    Please remember, I am not condoning DHL's behavior, but if you want to complaign about customer service, you need to look at the cause of much of the issue, and that is corporate policy and their shortsightedness. Many agents begin with a helpful attitude, but as they are forced to fit guidelines that focus on # of calls to length of calls etc... they become overwhelmed with the need to meet their stats and forget why they are there. It takes a dedicated person who is strong enough to stand up for their beliefs and look past the extrinsic rewards that are offered for high call volume and low handle time, and maintain their focus on the intrinsic reward that is provided when a customer is truly helped. This basic view holds true for most call center atmospheres unfortunately. And although the company boasts to their Customer service reps how they are the " front line" and the "glue that holds it all together" they unfortunately, don't reward these employees monetarely nor respectfully to keep those who are truly strong employees there.

• Hm
    HM Jun 03, 2016

I had scheduled a pick-up of two boxes for shipment to the University of Georgia on January 8. Even though I was home at the hour of pickup, no one from DHL arrived. I phoned customer service and heard their claim that the driver said that he had come to the house. I rescheduled it for the next evening. The driver arrived and took the two boxes. I asked him for a way bill to fill out. He said he did not have one but that they would phone me with the charges from the station. A half hour later someone phoned and asked how I was going to pay for the shipment. I gave them my credit card number. They replied that they would call back with the charge. The never did. I never received a way bill. The recipient has never received the shipment. It is simply missing with no documentation. I phoned DHL customer service a few days later and was told that this was strange and that I should phone some other day! What kind of response is this and what sort of disreputable company does business like this? I am assuming that my shipment of valuable copies of scholarly journals is simply lost.

• Ra
    ramana murthy kapuganti May 12, 2016

even i had same experience with DHL. they lost the package and simply said to go and claim.They didn't give proper explanation for the lost. Didn't show any interest to track my package. they won't value our thing.
    DHL = ( DELIVERY HALFWAY LOST )

• Ka
    kasule299 Jan 31, 2015

Dhl is also disturbing me just

• Pr
    Prewc Apr 15, 2013

Customer care sucks! They get angry when im tracking for my shipment! be professional!!! I paid 65$ just for a bad mouth?

• Db
    dbbcd Oct 25, 2011

DHL Lost 3 packages in 3 months !!!
    I have ordered 4 items from Germany to the US in the last 3 months. All from different shippers. All used DHL and provided tracking numbers. 3 items are lost. Tracking stops somewhere before arrival to US. It is not clear where the package is lost... but 3 out of 4??? I think INTERPOL needs to look into this. Something very, very wrong with this company and this situation. This is Summer/Fall 2011

Matt H Feb 22, 2011

Some of the couriers DHL employ think nothing of behaving in an insulting manner and treating you with contempt, even when they themselves seem incapable of doing their job. The courier who delivered my package today was a scruffy, rude and barely competent fellow whose behaviour bordered on aggressive.

Be careful.

• Le
    Leon F Feb 21, 2011

DHL is the most useless postal service in the whole world. You should get ready to start posting losses because am never going to use you again. You want more words? You will get it DHL IS USELES.

• Da
    DaniDaKing Jan 27, 2011

I was supposed to recieve extremely urgent shipment from DHL which is now lost by postman. The postman is on vacation today and DHL thinks that it is very unappropriate to call him while its ok if they lost my shipment. DHL SUCKS. please people never ever use it.. it is totally unreliable. You will be really sorry..

• Me
    melissa31 Jan 09, 2011

The parcel was from sports direct, I dont know what I can do

• Me
    melissa31 Jan 09, 2011

I really cant believe it DHL was ment to have delivered my parcel, which I have not recieved! The are saying that I signed for the parcel but I wasnt bloody in nor was anyone else in the bloody sod!!!

• Ho
    hola1979 Dec 09, 2010

AGREE

• Ho
    hola1979 Dec 06, 2010

HI
    Please have a look at this video:
    YouTube:

Thanks

Regards

• Wc
    Wchaur Oct 27, 2010

WHAT IS MEANING FOR DHL = ( DELIVERY HALFWAY LOST )

USELESS COMPANY, HOPELESS STAFF, DANGEROUS SERVICE, AND HIGHEST CHARGES!!!

• Cu
    custom1976 Jun 11, 2010

The DHL is rubbish! The driver couldn`t finde our home 3 times!I didn`t have delivery and have to cancel my items!!

• Ju
    julius eyas Mar 21, 2010

the personnel need to be trained... they are not on time as well with their deliveries. need to upgrade the personnel to compete with fedex riyadh.

maxqamar Feb 24, 2010

the DHL Pakistan are charging extra cash and causing undue delay in delivering the shipment. They are not even cooperating. The shipment is withheld and no negotiations are being allowed. It is really frustrating and horrible state of affairs.

• On
    One of many Oct 20, 2009

DHL are the WORSE service what i have ever expirienced. They shoul delivered my parcel at 15 Oktober(Express delivery), but i got leter from they in my post box at 20 of Oktober ( that was invitation to collect parcel from DHL office ( 4 mil from me)) !!!

Mat Apr 29, 2009

It is know for the most of the people: DHL is relaible service, ..it is not. I send an important travel document from UK to Egypt on 8th of April 2009 and it is still on heathrew airport and today 17th of April 2009. It is now 10 days and it is still in UK...This is not acceptable!!!

• Ki
    Kiayna Lawrence Apr 07, 2009

I sent a package to Kingston, Jamaica containing 4 mobile phones and an MP3 player, when the parcel was collected from the office in jamaica it was opened to discover ony the MP3 enclosed. Where are the 4 mobile phones???

• Vi
    vikingirl Nov 18, 2008

lost my pkg and refuse to contact shipper to process my lost item, fully expect me to do all of the work. My items was purchaed online and is paid for and I cannot get either DHL or AT&T (where I purchaed my cell phone) to do anything to helo me recover my item or get anoterh phone! I am out the money because of their screw up?!

• Br
    bridetobe Oct 15, 2008

Sent a package from Denver to Missoula via DHL. It's a 12 hour drive, but somehow it took them TEN DAYS to deliver a priority package.

TEN DAYS to deliver to somewhere 12 hours away. FedEx never had that problem. We lost thousands of dollars in business.

• Ka
    Kathy Oct 06, 2008

Worst US shipper imaginable. Took three days to move a package 7 miles! No excuses given, just that the driver didn't deliver. Stick with UPS or Fed Ex, or the US Postal service for that matter!

• Ni
    nick Aug 19, 2008

In my area DHL uses USPS!!! I ordered a package with overnight shipping, they got it to USPS overnight, then it took USPS a week to get it to me...Whats the point? when given the choice i will NEVER use DHL, the service s horible

• Ta
    Tao Jul 02, 2008

This company is so stupid. The delivery guy doesn't even bother ringing the door bell... i walk outside, and i find that they attempted delivery. Now they want me to drive 20 miles to pick it up... WTF... why did i pay for shipping, if i am supposed to drive 20 miles to pickup a package... useless company dhl... businesses should stop using DHL and just use good old USPS. The best in my opinion.

jane May 18, 2008

I completely agree that much of DHL USA 's customer service needs serious improvements. Well, its a combination of customer service and service centers. Much of the time, customer service agents are merely relaying information that is provided to them from service centers( this is where the packages are actuall at) and, if the service center provides bad information then the agent provides bad information. Regardless, accountability needs to be taken in all cases. As I recommend to anyone, take names, call center locations note time of day, and if you must, use this information to follow up and force accountability. I follow this same practice with all customer service interaction I have, not simply DHL. Banking is a big one to take careful notes on, as they can be the biggest con artists out there. They are not handling our pacakges, but our money, and if they can find a way to take it they will.
    However, i wouldn't count on DHL going out of business anytime soon. They are owned by the Deutsch Post World Net whose annual revenue is around 94 billion dollars. So don't count them out so fast. Let's just hope they open their eyes.

• Do
    Doug Harms Dec 23, 2007

To put this as simple as possible, DHL LIES. For one week every person I have contacted with DHL has lied about the location and delivery of a package I am expecting. Beginning on Dec. 17th and every day since DHL has promised delivery of a package. The lies have not been limited to just phone conversations but in writing by email responses from DHL to me. GOOD NEWS TO ALL THOUGH... DHL IS LOOSING MONEY AND WILL SOON BE GONE.