Having problems with Denny's?

203 East Main Street
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

disrespectful manager

The indian manager at dennys was so disrespectful to me and my children, we go there all the time and never had a problem untill they hired her. My children were talking quietly with my mother who is 86 years old and she came over and yelled at them in front of everybody in the restaurant. They werent even load. After that she constantly stared at our table and gave us nasty looks. Also she was nasty to the waitresses and they didnt seem to be doing anything wrong. She should leave her problems at home and stop bringing her attitude with her to work to take out on other people. My family and I will not be returning to that restuarant untill we know she no longer works there, she should value her job being jobs are scarce at the moment and learn to treat others with respect. I believe her name is mona

food was horrible

Denny's advertises breakfast 24/7. Well, that was NOT the case this passed weekend. We wanted to have...

customer service cold food

We got our food, it was cold, the waitress was rude and when my friend amanda got up to pay a host named...

racism

On 6/19/09 at 8:00am I entered this Denny's by the airport in Jacksonville. We were sat in waitress Terry's section. She seemed upset that we were sat in her section. My wife and I are African American. Terry did not greet us but made a point of walking to the person who sat us to let her know it was not her turn to take a table. After about 7 minutes, we still had not been waited on. A White couple walked in and Terry sprung into action, bypassing the hostess to sit the White couple in her section. Terry was very personable and friendly to this couple. After another 2-3 minutes, Terry took their drink order and food order. She then, in a very unfriendly tone asked me and my spouse "What are you having". No Hello Welcome to Denny's, no nothing. We waited for service and didn't get anything but a waitress with an attitude who doesn't appreciate waiting on minority customers. When I asked for a manager, I was told that the manager was at the bank and not available. After all the lawsuits that Denny's has had, they have obviously not learned their lesson. Well I've learned mine and I will not be caught dead at any Denny's in northeast Florida. In the year 2009 any thing is possible, but waitresses picking and choosing their customers is abhorrent and reeks of a company culture from top to bottom. Denny's is an embarrassment to "Family" restaurants everywhere.

• Ti
    Tim K. Mar 03, 2010

This Denny's is off of I-10 coming in from AZ to CA. at the Lovkin exit. It never has enough help and service is very slow. It is an old Denny's that's not very clean. Dinner menu is mediocre and they are always out of many items.

• 1h
    1HVT797 Oct 22, 2012

You get what you pay for.

• Bi
    Bishinik Jul 26, 2013

I live Arizona and I have been treated as a second class customer at the Denny's on I-10 and Irvington. They don't want Indians in their store. They forgot my juice but, I could get it to go, don't to drink there.

• Bw
    bweef Sep 21, 2013

That Denny's turned around since then but I might have been proven wrong with the last visit near the jax airport. Nothing racist but our server looked at my friend and said "daaayumn son you high!" He wasn't and it was truly humiliating. Then I got my Cali Jack Burger and noticed no avocado. I told the server and he's all "Lift the bun" so I lifted it and then he's like "Lift the meat" and I did like an idiot and he says "Lift the lettuce" and I'm like wtf? This Denny's has great servers but also some of the worst I've ever seen. You have to be lucky to get the right ones.

Annette Mckissick Apr 22, 2019

Denny's is racist. I notice that they always serve my white friends first. They forget to bring me utensils, water and straw. I had to ask for them, and when they came she handed them to the white person. Damn

fornicating

i was in last weekend morning with my family enjoying a nice breakfast; i stepped outside for a cigarrete and...

failure to reply to complaint

Here is a letter I sent to both the store manager and submitted via the Denny's main website. No...

poor serivece, dirty dishes and racism

First of all, our waiter was not friendly. He was condescending. He did not greet us with a friendly hello. He just sat us down at the table.

For the first time at a Denny's I had to ask for a child's menu for my 8 year old son. Not long after two more parties came in consisting of all whites. He was very very friendly. One group sat behind us. They did not have to ask for a child's menu for their daughter. Then my son noticed this little girl had one of their color sheets and crayons. I had to ask for a sheet and crayons for my son too. Before some other racist get on here with the excuses, I'll give one out 1). Maybe it was an overisight, he didn't do it intentionally... Yeah, right!!!

At any rate, the dishes were dirty also.

This post is not for anybody to play Devil's Advocate and debate. This post is for those who like a clean and pleasant dining experience, DO NOT eat at the Denny's in Palm Coast!

no help from them!

I'm really upset now that Denney's would not even help pay to replace teeth (cost of over $5000.00) but now can give out "free breakfast day"! Their bathroom floor was wet and son slipped. Had to replace front teeth. Tried to contact Madera branch and only got hope he feels better. What would have happened if he didn't go to the hospital himself, would I also have to pay for the ambulance? I'm sure the free breakfasts were a whole lot more than a few teeth. I'll be paying for years because of them!

poor service/cleanliness

What a horrible experience. It took them over an hour to take our order(we were the only customers there...

poor business practice

I'm a mother of a young man who works for Denny's Restaurant in Cranberry Twp. Pa. I think that...

diarrhea!

I ate 2 grand slam breakfasts at denny's and crapped my pants on the drive home. It was very oily and it cost...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices