CVS Pharmacyprescriptions not in stock

L

For the second time this week, in trying to refill prescriptions, I have received a text message that the drug in question is not available and they will have to order it. first it was a drug that I take for spinal stenosis — generic clonopin. (friday 4-15-16 4:42pm text message was received) yesterday, I tried to refill a ventolin inhaler and received a text this morning (4-19-16 @11:25 a. m.) that this was not in stock and could not be filled at this time, they would text me when it was ready. when I was at the pharmacy a few weeks ago, the clerk asked me if I wanted his particular rx refilled and quoted a price of $200+ dollars. I told them "no, not at that price." what I didn't realize was that I was only in the middle of a 30 day supply. now, why would a tech ask if I wanted a refile when it was not due? i've never had this happen before in the 5 to 6 years we have been using cvs? my husband, who is an at&t employee, called them back a day or so later and asked them to check on the co-pay for that rx, and they told him $30.00. we called last night to check on the generic clonopin and it was finally ready and requested the refill on the ventolin, then I received the text this morning that it would need to be ordered. they would send a text when it was ready. this is not the first time we have complained about this particular pharmacy. this inhaler is a generic for albuterol which is a common drug for asthma and other lung conditions. shouldn't this be a shelf ready drug? we didn't have half the problems that we have experienced since using a local pharmacy. we also get text that drugs are ready that were supposed to be canceled due to changes in prescriptions. this happened just last week and I told the pharmacy to remove it from my drug list 2 months ago.

• Li
    Lisa McCuiston Apr 19, 2016

For the second time THIS WEEK, in trying to refill prescriptions, I have received a text message that the drug in question is not available and they will have to order it. First it was a drug that I take for spinal stenosis--generic Clonopin.( Friday 4-15-16 4:42pm text message was received) Yesterday, I tried to refill a Ventolin Inhaler and received a text this morning (4-19-16 @11:25 a.m.) that this was not in stock and could not be filled at this time, they would text me when it was ready. When I was at the pharmacy a few weeks ago, the clerk asked me if I wanted his particular Rx refilled and quoted a price of $200+ dollars. I told them "no, not at that price." What I didn't realize was that I was only in the middle of a 30 day supply. Now, why would a tech ask if I wanted a refile when it was not due? I've never had this happen before in the 5 to 6 years we have been using CVS? My husband, who is an AT&T employee, called them back a day or so later and asked them to check on the co-pay for that Rx, and they told him $30.00. We called last night to check on the generic Clonopin and it was finally ready and requested the refill on the Ventolin, then I received the text this morning that it would need to be ordered. They would send a text when it was ready. This is not the first time we have complained about this particular pharmacy. This inhaler is a generic for Albuterol which is a common drug for asthma and other lung conditions. Shouldn't this be a shelf ready drug? We didn't have half the problems that we have experienced since using a local pharmacy. We also get text that drugs are ready that were supposed to be canceled due to changes in prescriptions. This happened just last week and I told the pharmacy to remove it from my drug list 2 months ago.

• Li
    Lisa McCuiston Apr 19, 2016

LisaMcCuiston

C

• Wh
    What's wrong with you? Apr 19, 2016

Can you post your story a forth time?

• Ph
    PharmD2018 May 14, 2016

Ventolin goes on shortage a lot. Yes, it is a very popular drug...usually among the most popular drugs that a pharmacy dispenses. But it's not like you can blame CVS for this, they obviously want your business, they just didn't get enough in their order.