CVS / Pharmacybeing falsely accused by loss prevention!!

M Review updated:

So i've been employed with CVS as a photo technician since sept of 2007. Never had any complaints..no serious customer issues...established a great relationship with my customers and have even been told by several corporate employees that i was one of the best employees that store ever had. So i go into work on Monday 6/14 and get called into the office by my store manager and when i go in there the new loss prevention guy is there. Im thinking he just wants to meet with all of the employees in our store because he was new. Boy was i wrong!!! He pulls out an empty lip gloss package and tells me that they have me on video removing the lip gloss from the package..concealing the lip gloss and throwing the package down the aisle. (this supposedly happened on 6/9). So my first reaction was i laughed..and i then asked them if this was some kind of joke or training excercise of some sort...i repeatedly asked him if he was really serious. He assured me that he was. I then proceeded to tell him that i did NOT take anything from this store. Especially lip gloss. He then clarified that he had seen it on video with his own two eyes. I then requested to to see this 'supposed' video IMMEDIATELY! because this is complete and utter b.s. He kept telling me that "it didn't work like that"...and then asked me if i was "comprehending" what he was saying to me. I asked him if he was comprehending the fact that i want to see this video..not now but RIGHT NOW!!I was really beginning to get highly upset and demanding to see this imaginary video!! I started to raise my voice and began to cry because the frustration of this situation was taking its toll on me. It was like i was yelling at the top of my lungs and no one even bothered to look up. So he told me what he'd do for me is talk to our district manager to investigate this further.. i said ok whatever...then i asked him..since i supposedly stole this lip gloss where did i conceal it???????????? He said "I dont know". Im like this has to be some kind of joke. Then he made sure to tell me that i was not being written up...not being suspended..not being terminated..and that i should go in the back..gain my composure and go to work and let this blow over. Im like WtF??????????????? You're accusing me of stealing and yet you want me to go back to work like nothing happened. If im stealing why would the store put their assets at risk??? It makes no sense!!! If they have me on video...why was i not terminated??? I know why..because i DIDNT TAKE ANYTHING!!! So my store manager asked me to get myself together. I told her no...im going home and i then left...about 45 mins after i got home i got a call from my store manager asking me why i reacted the way that i did and that...(get this you guys) "I WASN'T BEING ACCUSED OF ANYTHING" . Oh so youre telling me that i was in the office for close to 45 mins being told that i stole lipgloss when i know i didnt??? But i wasn't being accused of anything? Come on! what kind of game is this??? So they have been calling my phone several times a day asking me when im coming back into work...if i would like them to put me on the sched for next week. I haven't responded to anyone. I called human resources and requested a leave of absence until this situation is resolved and i receive and apology from my manager...loss prevention...and the district manager. i also filed a report with the CVS ethics line because this is just wrong. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before...and nothing about this situation makes any sense. Im hurt by being falsely accused...no matter how small the item was.. im being accused of doing something that is completely out of my character...now THAT hurts...any advice?

• Da
    Danm5890 Feb 20, 2019

I think this is a super old thread but if it is not then you need to contact a lawyer. Cvs has a long history of “cold interviews “ they call them meaning they have absolutely no evidence of anything but they pull you into the office saying they have you on camera and see if you crack ! That way they can reach their numbers there trying to reach!

• Ak
    akester Aug 05, 2016

I arrived at the pharmacy to pick up a refill to discover that insurance was no longer going to pay unless I signed up for the maintenance program ($20 out of pocket for that refill). I had received no mail or request to sign up and no warning that I was about to have no coverage. I called the number and signed up for the program. I received no further calls and no prescription in the mail. Again, another $20 out of pocket. I called back and talked to another representative who only told me to call my doctor myself and have them call in my prescription. When I got to the pharmacy, I had to wait 45 minutes while they sorted out the order (apparently, Caremark had the incorrect date of birth and the order was on hold). I had received no call or contact telling me it was on hold due to an unmatching birthdate. Overall, the entire experience has been dragging on for two months with no one having a proactive interest in following the procedures needed for me to get a timely prescription at the insured rate. I look forward to my next open enrollment so I can switch insurance plans.

• Bs
    bsutton Jul 13, 2016

Did they not tell you WHY?????

• Sw
    Sweetstuff666 Jul 13, 2016

I was e-Mailed a coupon fron Cvs To save $5.00 on a $15.00 or more purchase my purchase was $30.00 coupon was not expired and They would not except it! So Wasted my ink printing coupon wasted my gas going there wasted my time instore because I refused to pay for anything but my precribtion since they wouldnt take my coupon! And Im considering moving that to Walgreens!

Markove Jun 17, 2016

Every time I need a prescription filled at the CVS in the Triangle Shopping Center in Yorktown Heights, New York there is this pharmacist named Andrew who is more concerned with flirting with the other pharmacist who may be Indian decent. Not exactly the professional type person you might expect to see when filling your important medication. One of them has changed my records saying I am allergic to aspirin, while the other one makes me wait near an hour and gives me the wrong medication.I know this was intentional as he seems to find some reason to delay every prescription that I bring in. I tried calling a number I was given by another pharmacist to make the complaint but he did not return my call. The full story is even uglier. If you have had problems with the same guy I would like to hear from you.

• Br
    brandy2 Jun 15, 2016

my husband and i went into a cvs store in great mills for a few articles when a women with a name tag that said regina on it approched my husband and was overly friendly . When I saw the women brush the hair from my husbands forehead that is when I approched her and asked her what she was doing even putting her hands on my husband, she smirked and said she did not mean anything by it. My husband and I both were stunned that a employee was that brazen. I took the articles that i was purchasing to the cashier and upon checking out I asked her what the womens name was she said the womens name was regina ziegenfuss and she had just been transfered from the cvs store in leonardtown, md I had never had that kind of issue from a employee before they are normally so professional but this women is just plain trash and a poor represenitive of the cvs name.

• Am
    Amina Shrestha Oct 24, 2015

same thing happened to me
    first show me your pocket i didnot touch anything i went there for holloween decor for my kids sticky foam to make door decor and one employee shouted show me your pocket i showed the pocket their is nothing inside i have some wild sunflower seed that i collected form the fallen branches panik started i called dialed cops they know my location from ph no first i heard man police speaking then lady hey my eng nt gud
    and the whole story that employee who has accused me grab pen from near by rack, i was also distant away from rack, told police that i stole it, it didnot come from my body, bag, alll cvs and police 2 saying loudly infront of others that i shoplifted, in my life i always buy, leave the store, i call cop then i leave the store i was hadcuffed for trespassing violation i was boycott from cvs 2, all the employee told me that i stole it dollar pen, may be i was out of store i told them to check vid but they said not recorded the employee saw from that oval celing mirror it get butterflies in mytummy he he so funny i was nervous they told and i was leaving the store cop told to give me lift but they told diff thing their time is precious and as i told them i am going to tjmaxx they told me not to steal from tj maxx where i go all people know me evenn cvs people no me but diff shift i went back to store cried cried even typing at mid nite crying the told to meet me in court to be contd

• Cv
    cvsrep Jan 27, 2015

Nevr assume for a moment that they care. They don't. i work here. they don't -they DO care about Money-that is why if your dr faxes in a prescription and you haven't been on it for years-they DO not VERIFY Rx's-they fill ship and bill.And if you are on a fixed income-and they overdraft your bank account-their opinion is gee that is too bad. not only are you stuck with the medication you have to pay for it and no you cannot send it back.If you DO have a method of payment on file with them-REMOVE IT-have them ship you your meds -pay with a check!!! And hope they wrong med they fill is a cheap one.

• Ci
    Cindyrai Jan 24, 2015

I would like to know if anyone has any knowledge of someone completing Modules for someone else. Let's say a Module is to be finished and associate is not able to get it done and Manager or someone completes it for the associate.

• So
    soap opera store Oct 27, 2014

my manager and fellow supervisor are dating and it sucks, , , , they think they are hiding it from everyone but half the store knows, , , , the supervisor is in the new store manager internship program . losing respect for my manager by the day, , can hardly look at either of them, , , , , they both lie...etc, , , , no one wants to do./say anything cause we are all afraid of losing our jobs, , , , we just go about our day to day duties shaking our heads, not really taking anything either of them say very seriously, , , , the supervisor gets a lot of customer complaints which the manager fluffs off, , , customers come into the store or they call, , , i am now going to start to give the customer the 1 800 shop cvs #, I have seen the supervisor walk away from customers at the c/o, just left them there, , has made a rx tech cry cuz she didn't finish her modules and was making the manager look bad, , , , , comfronted another rx tech on a customer complaint that came thru I got heart program, , , when the tech was off on that day, , , has told techs that the pharmacist isn't doing his job... they are adjusting their schedules by themselves without telling anyone and leaving the store shorthanded,

• Ka
    kathad May 09, 2014

Ok, my husband is given Lipitor because his cholesterol is sky high. Without boring you too much, my husband had diabetes and has diabetic retinopathy and macular edema. It's a matter of his eyesight to keep all his numbers (glucose, A1C, cholesterol, lipids etc) down bc the slightest increase affects his eyes. He's only 40, it sucks. Anyway, he has 2 prescriptions of Lipitor filled at our Rite Aid down the street, no prob. So he was going to be out of Lipitor today so I called the refill in yesterday. He goes to get it and was told Caremark refused to pay for. If he wanted it, it would be around $150. And the pharmacist said "Let me guess...Caremark never contacted you and told you you would have to mail order this, did they?". NO, THEY DID NOT!!! We're not mind readers. The pharmacist said Caremark does this all the time in the hopes they'll get out of paying for something. I don't understand why they don't contact you when you first fill a medication that will require mail order service.

jawshoo Apr 24, 2014

I have a medical plan through Aetna. Caremark CVS fills my prescription. I have had this insurance for over two years, however, this is the first year I have been charged over $1, 600 for 2 medications. I was told I had to pay a $2, 700 deductible before I could get a discount on this prescription. I was told by CVS that Caremark was an insurance company and that they were the ones who decided the price I pay for my medications. The two medications are Novolog and Levimir. When speaking with Caremark I was told that the prices for these prescriptions included a 3 month supply and that they could not be supplied on a monthly basics. I am going to file a complaint against CVS and Caremark. I would like to talk to a representative of both companies as to why these medications are so much higher this year than last year. I am going to do some research on my own but feel that the cost for these medications are outrageous.

• Co
    compl you 1 Nov 21, 2013

-CVS have loss prevention team within their district
    -check the parking lot for loss prevention/they park to the side, customer park close to store or middle.
    -loss prevention get money by prosecuting customers and associate, they are not there to give you a promotion.
    -if you are an associate, and not part of the management team, then the management team are your enemy.

• Sl
    slynn1 Sep 15, 2013

Why not go to another pharmacy if they continue to short or substitute medication ?

• Fr
    fretpresser Sep 14, 2013

My prescription of oxycontin was missing 15 pills. This is the second time-my wife's prescription of soma muscle relaxer had water pills substituted for half of the pills. If she had a heart condition it could have killed her. They clearly have a thief.

• Why The Long Faces Mar 06, 2013

Oh please don't. I can not survive without my internet. <insert the heaviest sarcasm imaginable> My 3 cents must be mighty boring.

• Re
    RegularsOfMy3cents Mar 06, 2013

I will have "whythelongfeces" barred from the internet.

• Why The Long Faces Mar 06, 2013

I call this BS as it is illegal for us, or any pharmacy to fill the script any way other than how the doctor wrote it. IF the doctor DID write it as DAW1, then there will be NO substitution. Odds are, the doctor left the DAW line blank.

If your insurance will not pay for brand that is not our fault.

• Up
    Upsetcvscustomer Feb 22, 2013

Today would be the third time that CVS has changed my medication with out authorization. I find it very unethical to make a change to my prescriptions with my consent. Even if my doctor did not check the " do not substitute" box. Did they ever think that maybe the patient doesn't want their medication changed? No, they just assume we will not notice because we are not educated on the difference between generic and branded medications. Major retailers like CVS make more of a profit off generics than branded agents. No wonder they are always trying to switch our medications or insurance companies do not "cover" your medications. Again, I find this unethical and ridiculous to not confirm switches with patients.

• Ar
    ArielHernan Jul 09, 2012

I went to CVS and bought two Arizona drinks, and when I was checking out I was using the 'Do it yourself' machines. I accidentally scanned one Arizona twice, and no employee was near by so I used the other one and It malfunction, and It automatically called for Assistance. Then one of the employee came and was so serious that it felt as he was being rude. I apologized for the problem and he didn't even say anything and as he was walking away I heard him whisper ' F*cking a**hole'.

F*ck that guy, I got pissed off and felt like cursing at him. Bad service and attitude, I wonder if he's always like that.

Mary Ann 81 Apr 14, 2012

What has happened to CVS pharmacy.? It always has been top notch. Now it is a disaster and I am seriously looking for another pharmacy as my medications are just too critical and important to deal with a pharmacy that apparently has too much business to handle. There seems to be trainees and people that just don't know how to handle things in the pharmacy.

• Bo
    bob Wilson39 Mar 30, 2012

I spent 1.5 hours with Caremark today and no one knew what they were talking. They loose my refill information at year end for the past 2 years. They say it's a computer problem they think! They say they will fix it but they never do!

I am going to walmart for my drugs from now on.

• Le
    Le Johnny Feb 22, 2012

The supervisor (Tiffany) has bad attitude and bad customer service. I came in on 2/22/2012 as for the refund of my 5 dollars, she has give me attitude loud talk in the store it really bad business she should be fire. She doesn't listen to custom always run her loud mouth

• Je
    jedj Jan 17, 2012

My outrage is born of facts. I have recently been required to use 2X2 Gauze pads and Surgical Pads for abdominal fistula draining. I must re-dress the wound 3-4 times daily. Fact: CVS is close to my home, and I went there to "stock up" for a week or two. Today, I went to Walgreens...I bought 100 2X2 Gauze pads and 12 Surgical dressings for $23. The same purchase at CVS would have been $109! Further, a few months ago, I priced them for 3- 90 day generic RX's. CVS price...$137/ Costco price...$46! Yes, I am comparing apples and apples!

If you shop at CVS and have not fully vetted their pricing structure against better merchandised Walgreens...ect (?) you are simply throwing money away...and alot of it! I will not return to CVS for a pack of gum. Be warned...I am retired and understand the pricing models of all big chains...and CVS is a national rip-off. Check them out for yourselves...then warn your friends.

• Wa
    waitwhat Nov 20, 2011

if your debit card was run as credit it won't be returned for 7-10 business days. you really think they poured it out. lol you probably used it.. don't lie..

• Ms
    MsBusiness Nov 19, 2011

Some of the employees at CVS in Douglas, GA Store number 4552 need to be fired. Every time I go in there I am not completely satisfied. So the reason I went this time is because I was looking for a certain product online and CVS had the item I was looking for, so I went and bought it. Wish I could have went somewhere else. I ended up bringing the product back. I had my receipt and debit card, but they tried to tell me that they could only put my refund on a gift card. I called back the next day to talk to someone with some sense and she asked the store manager about refunding (How dumb and no training. She should have already known about this). I ended up getting my refund back on my debit card, but now I have to wait 7-14 days for it to appear (really and it better). When I brought the product back it was full and someone must have poured half of it out because it was almost empty when she brought up to the front to refund me. She said to me "You must have used half of it". And I told her, "No it was full when I brought it back, they must have poured it out". They tried to cover their ### cause I told the employee the first time I brought it back I was going to call the manager the next day. I don't have these problems at Wal-Mart or Walgreens. I wont be returning unless my money is not refunded.

• Jt
    jtown24 Oct 03, 2011

lol now that's more accurate.

• Jt
    jtown24 Oct 03, 2011

Wait. Isn't is against hippa regulations to state a patients name online. She might not want to be exposed in this complaint.

• Az
    Azucena Gillego MD Oct 02, 2011

I spoke with my patient, Crista Tulloch, 1:56 pm, 10/2/11. Then, I called in her prescriptions to CVS at 1:57 pm. I spoke with a male staff (? Pharmacist or intern ) who took the orders. He even reviewed my office phone number and the address of the patient. At 3:14 pm the patient called me to tell me that after waiting for about 15 minutes, she was told that there was no call in for her prescription. I called back to CVS and spoke with the intern Mohammed who denied receiving any call. I also spoke with the pharmacist Brian who also denied receiving any call and said " My intern does not lie" .
    I think this is unacceptable and for Brian to talk that way is very unprofessional!
    Please review your phone records and I want an apology from them.

• T2
    t223 Sep 28, 2011

Sharon Murray of the Whippany NJ CVS is the worst Cashier I have ever seen. She is racist and gives you attitude and makes faces at Indian customers. She also starts insulting them and talks laudly as is she is the store owner. She also does not listen to the manager and is always disobeying. She does not deserve to be in this position if she cant keep her head cool and treat all the customers equal.

• Si
    sigr rippe Sep 22, 2011

i bought 3 pears boating shoes 1 from sears 1 from kmart they all fell apart the sole comes unglued [email protected]

• Wa
    waitwhat Sep 16, 2011

What cvs has at least 500-1000 customers a day, and are supposed to ask for id every credit transaction. pffffftttt!!

• Hj
    hjfbkibf Sep 12, 2011

contact a lawyer. maybe you should sue for mental distress and get your job back. cvs deserves it. that was totally uncalled for

• Mr
    Mrs. Shelton Hinson Aug 29, 2011

I returned merchandise to CVS/CAREMARK some time age. I had called them and told them my husband is in a Nursind Home because of Alzheimer's disease and would not be using their products. They have continued to bill me and have now turned it over to a collection agency. I told them to send the merchandse back if they insist on me paying. Otherwise, I would be, in effect making a GIFT of $95.20 to CVS/CAREMARK. wE ARE sR. cITIZENS and I don't give such expensive GIFTS to anyone. Please help. Mrs. Shelton Hinson

• Tr
    tracy7 Aug 28, 2011

My credit card was stolen and used without my consent at cvs pharmacy any other retail asks for identification when making a purchase with credit now days im very angry and discussed that cvs does not enforce such policies and just because of that i will no longer be a customer !

• Mu
    MUMTAZ GULWANI Jul 13, 2011

CVS REGIONAL LOSS PREVENTION should investigate the theft of CVS MARVISTA 9493, I was terminated of raising my voice against those employees involved. Why they kept those individuals if they knew they were involved in theft. Seems like these individuals knew the privacy of company, CVS donot want to ruin their reputation.

• He
    hermanmoore Jul 12, 2011

What do you mean when you say CVS will not let you fill your prescriptions at the pharmacy of your choice? Which pharmacy did you want to fill your prescription at?

• Zy
    zyphell Jul 12, 2011

You cant fill your prescriptions at the pharmacy of your choice and on some prescriptions they won't let you get less then a 90 day supply, in this day and age some people can only afford a 30 day supply. I wonder if this could be class action?

• Bt
    btsamis May 23, 2011

We have a pending complaint againts CVS for interrogation techniques, false imprisonment, etc. Please contact us about your loss prevention experiences. [email protected] See http://www.examiner.com/political-buzz-in-chicago/employees-at-will

• Fi
    fired CVS manager May 19, 2011

I was a manager in a massachusetts CVS. They have a new training program for pharmacy techs. Bottom line it doesn't work. A few years back the Massachusetts board of pharmacy got on them for not having enough technicians who were not licensed. To make the board of pharmacy happy they created a training program for techs. The training program is actually great, the issue was none of the techs were taking the classes because they CVS would not compensate them for all the training. Therefore, CVS made it a requirement that all new techs complete all the required training before actually stepping foot behind the pharmacy. What this has lead too is a lack of qualified help. The training takes over a month, can only be taken during week days and you can only attend 1 or 2 classes a week. Most of the good applicants cant live on 15 hours a week for a month. So, the pharmacists do two things, 1. they manage their techs out of fear of losing them, 2. they hire the person who can attend the classes, not the person who would fit the job.

Also, despite the fact the front store has been dealing with staffing cuts for the last 3 years. The pharmacy staff hours were cut for the first time in the 15 years I had been with the company, this is both pharmacist, and techs. The pharmacists and store managers are aware of the problems...but all corporate cares about is bottom line profitability!