Consumers Energy Logo

Consumers Energy

Having problems with Consumers Energy?

+1 800 477 5050 (General Information)
+1 800 805 0490 (Business)
+1 855 477 9027 (Landlord)
+1 517 768 3092 (International)
4000 Clay Ave. SW
Wyoming, Michigan
United States - 49548-3017

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Consumers Energy.

Complaints & Reviews

Oct 10, 2018

Consumers Energy — power lines

Consumers came into my neighborhood in the downtown Rockford area around 8pm. They cut down a branch, and...

Rockford
Sep 24, 2018

Consumers Energy — unethical behavior

Dear Sir or Madam In 2010 of October 24th, Mr. Angel De Leon (my father) passed away. Since then once a year...

Consumers Energyovercharge for service not used.

I am Richard Perkins and I am sending this complaint for over charge of energy service. i am aware of payments i missed and amount due prior to the date
August. 17, 2018 and will accept charges of energy consumption up till the date of court documented eviction the 17th. of August year 2018 and not accept any charge for energy consumption after that date therefore i will not take any responsibility for energy used by the park employers and or management i will accept payment due for month of august energy usage up to the day of the 8/17/18 but not any charge after this date. I was evicted from my residence (7326 on 113 Street.) And was unable to inform consumers of the eviction.
Now i am being charged for service i did not use due to eviction, and i am complaining about the charges on my account when i am not the one responsible for the energy consumption. I was taken to court and then told to vacate premises 10 days after court date in question i have documented proof of eviction date. And therefore meadow brook manor (Park I was staying at) is responsible for energy consumption use after the date of August. 17, 2018 and wish to get information on how the issue in question can be resolved pleas contact me via phone number on account, or email provided on account as well. Secondary contact number i can be reached at is [protected]. thank you.

-Richard L. Perkins IV-

Consumers Energydriver

Truck number 44_338, pulling a backhoe.
    3:25 pm, Friday, September 14.
    Round about at M5 and Pontiac Trail.
    We were in round about when driver unsafely pulled in front of our vehicle causing me to excessively brake.
    When seeing him at a red light, the driver made hand gestures, blew kisses and gestured for me to roll the window down.
    Very unprofessional.
    I'd like to file a complaint. Please have a supervisor contact me at [protected] to discuss the issue and possible reprimand.
    Mike Wright

Consumers Energylack of property restorations.

Consumer Energy dug a giant hole in my front lawn; trashed and defaced my lawn. The restoration is poor and unfinished.

I have called David Kaitzke of Consumer Energy Property Restoration several times only to receive empty promises of lawn repair that are unfulfilled and not met.

I am a good customer to Consumers Energy, pay my bills regularly, and tolerated a sleepless disturbed night during the repair of my neighbors service. I feel Consumers Power should clean up their mess and repair the damage they caused to my lawn. Lawrence Walny [protected]

Consumers Energykenwhirl appliance repair (gold plan customer), incomplete product appliance repair.

Good Morning I am submitting the complaint letter I sent to Kenwhirl appliance.

Considering the amount of money I pay to the Consumers Energy for this plan, a reimbursement would be appropriate. The dates are August 7 & August 9 specifically.

Good Morning

My name is Barb Ciotta. Recently, I had my dishwasher serviced by your company. In the past when your company has serviced my appliances I have had no issue. The dishwasher repair proved to be very different.

Jeff is the service technician. i have to say he is polite and gets right to work on the appliance, however what became evident during the 3 visits was his inability to complete the repair based on protocol and fear of liability.

I contacted consumers energy when my dishwasher had stopped draining. Jeff came out the first day and identified that there was clog in the hose, ok shook the hose and it seemed everything was ok. I ran one empty cycle, no problem. I ran a full cycle the next morning and the dishwasher was not draining, again put a call in and Jeff came out, identified a pump problem and had to order the part, all fine with me. Where my complaint comes in is with the day one of the repair and day 2 of the repair.

Jeff returned to install the pump. He attempted to get the dishwasher out but it was stuck coming out. Jeff stated that he is not insured should there be any damage done.Another delay. I understood, (we had a new floor installed after the dishwasher was installed) perhaps this was the issue. We called a friend who is a contractor to come by, in case I had a bigger issue here and he came in and slid the dishwasher out, easily, just required a tip up of the dishwasher. he disconnected the dishwasher and it was now ready for repair.

Jeff returned. Now mind you my dishwasher was sitting int he middle of my small kitchen for about 3 days, again I accepted this if it meant the repair would finally be complete. He repaired the dishwasher.
        He then told me he does not do installs and he is not an electrician, so again we had to wait for this to be complete!

Since when does a service technician need to be an electrician to deal with a repair? isn't this part of the job? Most appliances run on electricity. Jeff also mentioned that we had disconnected the dishwasher and he wasn't an electrician and was not insured if something happened etc.
        I was completely shocked. How do you repair a dishwasher and not run it to ensure it is working?? He kept saying it would fine, seemed rushed and gave me his phone number should there be an issue once it was put back in.Again we reconnected the dishwasher was put back in and slid into place. Not installed as he kept saying to me.

Perhaps your company should send two technicians out to ensure the job is complete rather than leave the customer in a situation that is simply ridiculous. Most appliances run on electricity, so how does it work in other situations?? My sense is that perhaps Jeff was not sure how to complete the job or did not want to.

I also did not receive the receipt in his haste to leave. Could you please mail be the copy of the service(or should I say 1/2 the service) that was performed. I pay a significant amount of money to consumers energy for this service. There is a reason for this, they are the experts, I question this now.

Sincerely,

Barb Ciotta
        32931 Vermont
        Livonia 48150

[protected].

Aug 10, 2018

Consumers Energy — customer service

I am very upset because i called to have service put into my name and because i sound feminine and i am a...

Aug 09, 2018

Consumers Energy — billing

This company is always trying to find a way to take your money say you haven't paid a payment and CUT YOUR...

Aug 03, 2018

Consumers Energy — restart if service delayed unnecessarily

When the power went out after I was unable to keep up (being on maternity leave & not having normal income) I...

Consumers Energyservice call

Good Morning,
          I'm not sure where to start, I order the Appliance protection program back in June. I have made 2 payments with this program. I called Sunday morning to have someone come out and look at my Central Air Unit. But there was a mess up with my account which was fixed and they were supposed to have some call me to have my 15 day waiting period wave due to the mistake on whoever enter my account. Never got a call until 4pm yesterday from a consumers worker name Paul to look at my AC unit. I never had an appointment but he said he would come look at it and put the new part in that I just bought for it.

Paul was here for about an hour and put the new Capacitor in, but then he tried to start it but never turn on the breaker or at the Thermostat. He was very unsure and while we were both standing there he did something and it blew up. The Compressor blew up knocked him on his butt and sparks flew, This would define my life then there was a loud hissing noise which was the freon and oil leaking out of the compressor. Then he just left and said there wasn't anything left to do. So he left with my air conditioner worst then it was. He blew up my system. I was SUPER concerned that it was a fire hazard so I called a local company for heating/cooling to make sure my house wasn't going to burn down. He asked who was out here and what they did, So I showed him. He has had a problem with Paul also and knew exactly who I was talking about. He looked everything over and said the ONLY way this Compressor would have blown up is if it was wired wrong. Paul said he put new connectors on which the new heating and cooling company could not find which connectors he put on. I then called the appliance repair service number and whoever I spoke with yelled at me and told me so sorry but there's nothing that can be done I understand done everything to fix it and it doesn't work however you made my system worse and then just left me with a hole in the side of my compressor.

I didn't think your company would make it worse, damaging it more. My house is 87 degrees, my 20.00 dollar part has now cost me 2400.

I would like to speak with someone that help Resolve my problem.

Respectfully yours
          Miranda Benner
          [protected]

Jul 03, 2018

Consumers Energy — gas service

I called consumers energy today took forever to get to a real person the lady I spoke with was short and sad...

Jun 20, 2018

Consumers Energy — appliance service dept

6/20/18 Called the appliance service dept to have my water heater looked at again. Just recently had in...

Jun 05, 2018

Consumers Energy — power pole supplying residences temporary "fix" and no one has returned

Over Memorial Day (the 27th) weekend the pole supplying our house tipped so power lines were hanging near the...

Sparta

Consumers Energyelectric service

Consumers Energy has sent a bill to collections. I have never lived at the address they have a bill for. I contacted them about 1 year ago trying to find out who the bill belongs to. I told them I have never lived at that address but they would not help me. I do have service with Consumers Energy and always pay on time. Called the collection agency but there is not much they can do. I want to get this off my credit report but no one will help me.

Jan 31, 2018

Consumers Energy — restoring service

On 01/30/2018 at 2:05pm I called and was told my service was shut off at approximately 12:00pm . I paid the...

Jan 07, 2018

Consumers Energy — appliance service plan

Recently moved into our new house. Called Consumers Energy to have the gas/electric put in our name. Without...

Consumers Energy — gas service/customer service

I recently purchased my first home and I called to have my service transfered. Consumers requested I fax over...

Consumers Energy — bill

So, after being on their payment plan so I would not get shut off, Consumers said all I had to pay monthly...

Corunna

Consumers Energy — I am disabled and waiting on help

Hello my name is tia owsley. I am right now waiting on my disability for ssi and dhs is helping us out on...

Consumers Energymeter replacement services

Saturday a service man came to my home without a scheduled appointment to change my old meter to a digital meter. After the replacement, he informed me that he needed to re-light the pilot on my gas and water tanks. He went in my basement and came back up and said he had completed the service. The next day when I turned on my water, the water did not get hot. My 11 daughter cold not shower for school due to this. I called consumers energy and informed them about the incident. The customer service rep asked whether I was on the appliance maintenance program. When I told him no, he said that I would be charged $90 to have someone come out and check my pilot light because the service man confirmed that he re-light the pilot light in their system.
              Now as a customer, how do I confirm this and know that consumers energy is not ripping me off or setting me up to pay for this service. I was more than accommodating when the service man showed up to my home unannounced. My pilot light has never went out before, until consumers energy replaced the meter and now i'm inquiring an additional cost.
              I spoke with a Manager named Tracy from the Grand Rapids office and she stated she understood but could not help until I pay the $90. This because the Service Man who works for consumers energy confirm in his system that he did his job.

I am a customer, who pays my bill on time and accommodated this meter change that I did not even request. I have a young child and limited disposable income to waste and consumers energy is taking advantage of me and the fact that they are a monopoly. After explaining this to the Manager, she offered me no solution than to pay up before she can help any further.

This is the type of business model consumers energy is able to get away with because there is no competition. Customer resources are gorged in addition to being treated like crap. I pray that I can take my business somewhere else.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices