Having problems with Atmos Energy?

+1 888 286 6700 (Customer Service)
+1 866 322 8667 (Natural Gas Emergency)
P.O. Box 650205
Pay Your Bill By Mail
PO Box 790311, St. Louis, MO 63179-0311

Overnight Delivery
Atmos Energy № 790311, 1005 Convention Plaza, St. Louis, MO 63101

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atmos Energy.

Complaints & Reviews

Oct 02, 2020

Atmos Energy — Fraudulent billing

Atmos Energy has an outstanding gas bill on my homestead: 507 S. Madison Street, Midland, Texas 79701; Acct...

Atmos Energy Corporationstartup service

I called to setup service on Thursday, Jan.30, and I was told that I could not get service until Monday, Feb.3. I chose the time slot of 8-12. I have waited over the 4 hours they requested that someone is home for the service to be setup. I have no heat and no hot water and its been 5 days. It is pointless to reserve a time slot that they want you to stick to but can not come when they are supose to come.

Dec 28, 2019

Atmos Energy Corporation — driving reckless

Everyday semi and dump truck drivers from atmos energy are speeding down my road which is located on the same...

Atmos Energy Corporationgas cut off for over 24 hours

On 6/14/19 about 2 PM I was informed that my gas was being cut off for uncertain reasons. AT&T was putting in fiber cables nearby.
    I was told about 5 PM that somebody else would come turn the gas back on and restart all my appliances.

Having just returned from weeks in Africa and having jet lag I retired at 7:30 PM. On arising the next morning I found a yellow card on my door (stating they'd come at 8 PM w/o a call) asking me to call for a restart. I did. Atmos could not tell me when they would come but said they'd call my cell number before coming. Never did I receive a call. So I waited at home ALL DAY! I called again in early afternoon and got the same information. I called again at 5:49 PM, sitting in my living room (20 feet from my front door!) and was told a serviceman had been at my door at 5:30 - 19 minutes earlier - and sure enough there was a a yellow card again. So I called and begged them to send someone out. (Having been in Kenya taking cold showers for 2 weeks I was not excited about no hot water.) Frustrated I attempted to restart my water heater, foolishly forgetting that without main gas turned on it would not light. As I walked past my front door returning to my living room I saw a man on my front porch. It was Atmos. Apparently Atmos servicemen have the most timid knock because standing behind the door I could not hear him. Only luck allowed me to open the door. He then proceeded to spend 30 minutes changing my gas meter and started to leave. I said I was told he would restart my water heater. He bled the line and fiddled with the water heater and I assumed he'd restarted it. By 4 AM I still had no hot water and (I looked up how long it should take for the water to heat - less than an hour) so I moved furniture to get at my water heater again and ALAS it was not lit! So I LIT IT! Now I have hot water.
    I am extremely frustrated by Atmos' indifference and poor customer service in cutting off and failing to restore my service. Expecting a customer to suspend their life and wait is beyond inconsiderate. But what are you gonna do. I'm stuck with Atmos.
    I

Oct 10, 2018

Atmos Energy Corporation — gas utilities

This company is the worst I have ever dealt with my name is Dillen I have used this company for years they...

Atmos Energy Corporationtruck driver

I was driving home from work traveling north bound on I-35 in Dallas, TX, and one of your drivers was driving recklessly. He was speeding and almost hit my car! The USDOT# 216478 and license plate # AH56487. If this reckless behavior doesn't stop he will cause an accident. Today is September 28th, 2018 and i'm submitting this complaint today at 6:05pm.

Jul 23, 2018

Atmos Energy Corporation — not receiving service

My name Is Tiffiney Wood, I tried to connect service at my residence, but Atmos said the previous tenants had...

Dallardsville

Atmos EnergyUse less, pay more

It looks like on March 29, 2007 the Railroad Commission of Texas has issued an order that Atmos Energy Corporation can charge its customers some kind of a fee called WNA (Weather Normalization Adjustment) effective immediately. I found that out when I received my Atmos Energy bill this month. In the month of February 2007 my gas bill was $155.30 of which $120.64 was for my actual gas consumption of 14.0 MCF. In March 2007 I used less gas, about 12, 3 MCF and that is $105.99. But Atmos Energy added a $101.75 charge they call WNA to my March 07 bill bringing my total bill to $253.80. When I called the company to get what I percived to be a big mistake corrected. Instead I received a stern answer : Pay it all or your service will be disconnected. The company says that if the weather is warm and I use less gas they will adjust my bill by adding WNA to it; in this case $101.75. I used 2.0 MCF less gas and I am paying almost $100.00 more. I am still trying to understand why Railroad commission would issue such an order.

• Ia
            Ian Apr 09, 2009

Atmos Energy ows me $263.41.
            I have contacted them several times (11-22, 11-30, 12-2, 1-10) but they just say the credit has not been processed.

Can you help me get the credit?

• Ka
            KARMAH Jan 27, 2012

Atmos is 'after the buck' regardless of ethics in practice. For example, I reside in a single family residence that at one time, had been converted to a duplex so we have 2 of everything, ie two gas meters, two electric and two water meters. Electric has us on one bill and only one 'customer fee' and Water has us with one curbside fee, but although everyone else understands and is not duplicately charging customer fees and curb fees, Atmos continues to assess a $17.28 'customer charge' twice, one for the upstairs, one for the downstairs. Sometimes that $17.28 is alot more than the gas I used. What goes around comes around. I am waiting on divestiture of GAS and I am cancelling from Atmos the day that happens.

• Jc
            j. calhoun Apr 18, 2012

That's what the Texas Railroad Commission does. It's all about the name. They intend to railroad anyone that is at the mercy of the gas company, which bt the way, is the only one in this town of over 100, 000 population. It's all about greed.

• Bi
            Bill E. Irvin Aug 28, 2018

We need to have compassion for the sacrifices poor Kim R. Coclin, the CEO for Atmos Energy Corp recently was forced to endure. The Dallas Morning News reported on August 26, 2018, that the former CEO realized a 47% decrease in total direct compensation as, Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors from his previous year compensation, bringing the compensation package down to a skimpy 4.6 million dollars. If he can realize an extra $1.25 from each of Atmos’s 3-million metered customers, he should be able to make up his personal losses next year. If one thinks the monthly bill theft is unique to their pattern of theft, think again. Atmos pipeline corridors have raped thousands of property owners. Atmos refuses to recognize a 1993 Statute enacted by the 73rd Legislature, limiting their existing pipelines to 50 feet wide. Violating a family’s State & Federal Constitutional Rights, Atmos took-over almost 14-acres of Kaufman County prime real-estate development property, by offering a whopping $3.53 per acre. Not an error; Three dollars and fifty-three cents per acre. Today, still uncompensated in any way, the Family remains under a restraining order, while their barn and numerous 100+year-old oaks were demolished, to fit Atmos’s greedy desires. Of course, Atmos is a key contributor to the Railroad Commissioners race with plenty of political clout, so even a class action suit, is unlikely to be successful.

• Md
            Md Mohtamim Oct 15, 2018

Dear sir
            Please halp me my ATM 2 times money stolen before [protected] and now

Please help me

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices