Consumers Energy — appliance service plan
Recently moved into our new house. Called Consumers Energy to have the gas/electric put in our name. Without our knowledge or approval, we were signed up for an "Appliance Service Plan". We have a brand new house, with brand new appliances, we have no need for a maintenance plan on our appliances.
We are currently being billed an extra $40.99 a month for this plan. We received a form in the mail to sign and return indicating our acceptance of the plan. We did not sign or return it.
There is no way to contact consumers via email, so you are forced to call. You have to wade through a complex phone tree that gives you no upfront direction as to how to reach a customer service human being. I was finally able to navigate it to the point where I was able to speak to someone who said they would cancel the plan.
I am still being billed for the plan. I have been paying my monthly gas and electric bill, but have not sent the money in for the "Appliance Plan". They are now saying I am in arrears! I need this "Appliance Plan" removed from my account and to be credited for its past charges.
Can anyone help?
More Consumers Energy Complaints & Reviews
- Consumers Energy - put unpaid sons gas bill on mine
- Consumers Energy - state of mi energy draft
- Consumers Energy - meter move out
- Consumers Energy - budget plan scam
- Consumers Energy - paying for someone elses use
- Consumers Energy - customer service
- Consumers Energy - left without heat for 2 days
- Consumers Energy - meter replacement services
- Consumers Energy - new service installation
- Consumers Energy - restoring service