AmeriGas Propane Logo

AmeriGas Propane

Having problems with AmeriGas Propane?

AmeriGas Propane reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 14, 2008. The latest review Propane and tank rental was posted on May 15, 2021. The latest complaint Billing was resolved on Mar 23, 2014. AmeriGas Propane has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 140 reviews. AmeriGas Propane has resolved 35 complaints.

AmeriGas Propane Customer Service Contacts

1800 263 7442 (Current Customers)
+1 800 427 4968 (Customer Service)
9513 Hull Street Rd Ste B, N Chesterfld
Richmond, Virginia

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with AmeriGas Propane Customer Service. Initial AmeriGas Propane complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for AmeriGas Propane above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about AmeriGas Propane. Discuss the issues you have had with AmeriGas Propane and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

AmeriGas Propane Complaints & Reviews

May 15, 2021

AmeriGas Propane — Propane and tank rental

My tank had a leak. I ran out of propane in December 2020 because of this. I called Amerigas numerous time...

AmeriGas Propanepick up your tank

service is lousy rep was called 5-12-21 said they could not help because the e-mail we gave was wrong had also called 3 months ago had lousy service that time this last they refused to put on supervisor so i am done with your company come pick up your tank within 10days by the way e-mail is the same one we have had for 10 years do to your refusal you have void our contract this is cragers at 6205 bice rd rimrock az 86335 e-mail [protected]@yahoo.com account number [protected]

AmeriGas PropaneAmerigas not doing meter reads

I am being billed for a non working meter that is not hooked up to anything and being overcharged for a meter that is seasonal. I have been trying to get this resolved for 6 weeks and keep being told it is. Meter department issue and have to wait for someone to call me but NO ONE EVER DOES. No one has ever been out to read my meter but you claim you have and are overcharging me.
    My name is Shawn and my number is [protected]

AmeriGas PropaneService

I signed up for the service that they keep my tank filled for me and I just pay monthly. service seemed to be going well until I realized my heat was not working. not even considering that it was possible for me to run out of propane considering they stated I would not go below 30% I had purchased electric heaters to keep my 3 children warm and finally I had replaced my heater, when the team I hired to do so came THEY (not AmeriGas) informed me of my tank being empty. AmeriGas had not filled up my take in 11 months!!!
      Next my account had a credit of 135$ my bill for the month of March stated I owe 103.00, well common sense tells me if I owe 103$ and have a credit of 135$ that I would have a remaining credit of 32$ which AmeriGas marked as past due. this constant failure of customer service is horrible.

AmeriGas PropaneOver fill and over charge for propane gas.

I ordered 100 Gal of propane. I had a voucher for 200.00 and I paid 194.76 for the remaining amount. The driver over filled my tank knowing that Amerigas was not excepting voucher's after Dec 2020. I called Amerigas and emailed them telling them I didn't not order the amount they were charging for to come pick up their tank and gas. I was told they would pick up the tank and gas and give credit for gas still in the tank. They are still billing me an adding late charge's.

AmeriGas PropaneCompany stole my remaining gas left in tank

I changed service from amerigas to another company because of reason not relavent to this complaint. I had pre-bought 300 or so gallons as I've been pre-buying propane all along, close to 7 years. When the time came to switch service the tank was moved to a location for pickup by amerigas. Several months later the tank was taken out. There was close to 60% of propane in the tank. I received a bill from amerigas for 177 tank removal. I looked and amerigas had credited my account for the unused gas. Close to 1000.00 of unused gas that I prepaid for. I asked for a refund for the gas atleast some of it and was told no. Amerigas literally stole 1000 from me then had the audacity to charge me for tank removal. This complaint is you kept money I paid so technically the gas is mine not yours. I expected a refund and still do. How can this be rectified. R Hensley waxhaw

AmeriGas Propanepropane

We requested a 1000 gallon fill up on 2-26-21. we were promised emergency service as we were out of heat. 10 days in a row, i was informed by the call center in india that our gas would arrive either today or tomorrow. 2 weeks later the driver shows up an announces the install on the outside does not meet code. he then calls his manager and tells me they will need to call in an expert to review the lack of a valve. now understand that this tank has been filled for 15 years and the system was installed by the propane company. needless to say i sent him on his way. i control 12 propane accounts that amerigas services, dont think they will needing their worthless service going forward.
            This has to be the worst managed company in the united states, maybe the entire world. please go elsewhere for your propane needs. there are many other suppliers that actually care about their customers.

AmeriGas PropaneUnresolved debacle/horrific customer service

ACCT# [protected]
              76yr. old here, extremely ill and in assisted living - but am unable to resolve Amerigas billing issue for 4 months now on final bill. They have the absolute WORST, most utterly incompetent customer service I have ever encountered (and I've seen it all) - so the endless online complaints, lowest BBB rating etc., don't surprise me int he slightest. I'll jump out of my wheelchair for joy once I am done with this company.

My account had been always paid in full for years, but it more than tripled in Dec. 2020, that's when the communication nightmare began. I've called, chatted, emailed, called and called again and again to no avail - other than one manager (Patty) sending me an unexplained "update" and then she never finished the conversation.

The next month after my bill more that tripled... it DOUBLED again the next month, then went to $907.34 at one point. That's enough for half the complex I lived in at the time. They did a bunch of bungled/not properly explained credits and say that I still owe them $757.34, which I am not about to pay.

Mar 06, 2021

AmeriGas Propane — Tank refill

We have been loyal customers of AmeriGas for over 15 years. We always pay in full and refill our tank...

AmeriGas PropaneLack of timely residential propane service

I've made 7 contacts with Amerigas for a prepaid tank fill. My tank ran empty requiring an in home inspections for leaks. I was told my delivery would be 3/4/21 and that I must be home. Amerigas delivered on 3/3/21 with no notification. They filled my tank and then dismantled it to interrupt service until it can be inspected for leaks. When I phoned on 3/04/21 to set up an inspection appointment, I was informed that no appointments would be available until 3/10/21. I have been without heat for two days already and that will add an addition 6 days without service. I have a $1200 credit with Amerigas with no way to get a refund, no way to discontinue service and have the tank pulled, nor will another company fill or service the tank as it is Amerigas owned.

Mar 03, 2021

AmeriGas Propane — Billing statement

My name is Darrel Balancier, account number [protected] and my residence address is 11790 Avocado Lane, Moreno...

AmeriGas PropanePropane

On February 12 of this year, my propane was getting low and my regular provider couldn't keep up with the demand. So I contacted the Amerigas company closest to me (Wynne, Arkansas). I set up an account and paid for propane with my debit card. I was told someone would contact me to set up a time to come out. On the next Tuesday(Feb.16), I was below 5% on my tank, so my regular provider, the Farmer's Co-op, came out and filled up my tank. I then emailed Amerigas and received no reply. so I called them. A fter being on hold for 40 minutes and talking to two representatives. I was told I would receive my refund in 3 to 7 days. That did not happen. so on the 25th. I tried calling again only to get a recording saying they were experiencing problems. So I found an 800 number on their website and called it. The woman I talked to acknowledged that she found where I had called and been promised a refund. But she said they would have to do an investigation and that could take up to 3 weeks. I filed a complaint with the Attorney General's office.

AmeriGas PropanePropane delivery cancellation

On 2 FEB 2021 I requested my propane tanks refilled. The tanks were never filled in the allotted time frame. I finally got in touch with Amerigas customer service in India and they tried to schedule new dates. I called India again and want to cancel my delivery. When the tanks completely run out I am switching propane service. The Amerigas customer service told me that I cannot cancel my delivery service.

AmeriGas PropanePropane tank

We just had a winter storm and are metered neighborhood. Amerigas knowingly let our propane run out. It has been 48 hours and we still do not have heat. 40+ resident calls with different answers depending on who they spoke to, and they were supposed to do safety checks today but did not turn off the valves to all the homes the day prior so they spent half the day Turing off valves. They only worked from 10-4 in an emergency situation where some homes reached 40 degrees. I am appalled at the lack of honesty, organization, communication and diligence. They spent much time trying to fix a meter as well instead of turning on homes. We are on a boil water notice and cannot boil water! I have 2 small children and an immunosuppressed husband with no heat and cannot boil water. It is ridiculous how long they are taking to complete these checks and get homes up and running. We had a truck come fill the tank 2 days before running out but did not fill it enough and they knew we would be without propane. We deserve better and more transparency, especially for the cost we incur monthly for propane. They should wave fees for this month based on the situation we have been put in. People have died in this storm based on these types of situations and you all should be ashamed.

AmeriGas PropaneDouble charged/owed refund

My father had service with Amerigas, Monthly Billing Plan. Father passed away on 9/15/2020. We sold his house on Jan 15, 2021.

We paid the monthly bill through Feb 1, 2021. Amerigas doubled charged the Estate Checking Account for the Feb 1, 2021 payment.

Amerigas system shows that we are due a refund of $448.00.

I have spent over an hour on the phone this morning getting the run around from Amerigas Customer Service.

I need the refund so I can close out my fathers Estate.

AmeriGas PropaneService

I paid Amerigas to come out and do a survey for a site install in mid December. I then called them back in early January and spent hours on the phone being disconnected and transferred saying they didn't receive the survey from local company. I finally was able to get local company to upload site survey which was another nightmare. When I called backroads schedule, they said system said the system would only allow it to schedule 6 weeks out but they would notify company and see if they could speed things up. I would receive a call soon I was told. No response and I had to call back again to find I was on schedule for 15 feb. I receive a phone call on the 15 th from local installed saying it was to wet. Said I had to call back 800 number to reschedule. I call back 800 number which said they would expedite ticket and hear something in a few days. Going on a week and no call. I am exhausted. I deal with gulf war illness and have limited energy. I am not permitted to call local office and must go thru 800 number. I will admit the local installer or surveyor was very kind as have amerigas customer service. The system they use appears to be not very well designed.

AmerigasNot receiving delivery

We have been calling Amerigas since Thursday 2-11-21 for propane delivery. We are an auto fill customer and haven't had an auto fill delivery since June 2020. Everytime we call we're told that we're on the list to he routed the next day. The day comes and there is still no delivery. We are in Texas and have below freezing temps for days. We were told if our propane drops below 10%, they will issue and emergency delivery. We have been there for days now. Today is 2-17-21 and still no delivery

• Hk
                                hkent Feb 17, 2021

Having an identical problem in North Carolina. Called for gas on 2/2/21 to be delivered between 2/3 and 2/16. Today is 2/17 and still no gas with ice on the way tonight. Called emergency phone line last night was told gas would be delivered today 2/17/ Has not happened.

AmeriGas PropanePropane service

I had your tank removed back in august of 2020. At the time it had about 300 gallons in it, I was assured we would be credited for the gas within 3 weeks to a month. it has been 6 months now 20 phone calls and always same thing said we owe you the money should be sent out within a few weeks. When I call back because no money I am tol each time account has been put on hold and they will ask for it to be tAken off hold and check should be there shortly. I understand there is a class action law suit in the works, my only guess is as a company you have been told by legal not to pay any money out until law suit hits or chapter 11 is filed. I just want what is owed without all the legal interference. Please be respectful enough to let me know your intentions

Feb 15, 2021

AmeriGas Propane — Price of propane and contract

I was transferred to amerigas due to a sell out of my regular gas company that I had been with for over...

AmeriGas PropaneStop service and pick up tank

We have been trying since October 2020 for AmeriGas to pick up their tank. Property was sold, and the new owners cannot go ahead with remodeling - as the tank sits next to the house. We have tried numerous emails and telephone calls - no customer service available with this company.
                                The tank has about 30 gallons of gas in it. Since it was a rental tank, they were to maintain it-Obviously it is unsightly because it has never been painted or maintained. Can I hire someone to remove it? Pull it out of the way to get construction underway? How do we resolve this? Our contractor's patience has run out!