Having problems with Georgia Power?

Georgia Power Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 660 5890 (All Residential Customer Service)
+1 888 655 5888 (Business Customer Service)
+1 888 891 0938 (Report a Power Outage)
241 Ralph McGill Blvd NE 10th fl Bin 10105
SatClosed
SunClosed
Georgia Power Payments
96 Annex, Atlanta, Georgia 30396

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Georgia Power Customer Service. Initial Georgia Power complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Georgia Power above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Georgia Power. Discuss the issues you have had with Georgia Power and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Georgia Power Complaints & Reviews

Georgia PowerResidental Pre Pay

I have mad multiple payments over 4 months totalling more than $600 and yet my deferred balance isnt going down its staying the same.
There is no way to submit directly to GA Power so one has to result to this.
Attempted contact by phone but cant get anyone. My deferred bal should be lower than it is I have been paying every month and significant amounts of money to get that deferred bal down and GA Power keeps tacking on more costs for it to stay the same thus trying to squeeze more money out of me.

Georgia PowerService issues

We have had two power outages in recent months. First was due to storms with trees down, understandable. But our second outage seems to have been caused by Georgia Power working on the lines. Due to that outage, we had two televisions (both only a year or so old) get fried. We (entire block) has had continuing issues with power, lights dimming, brown outs. Despite having complained several times about our power service, issue remains.

Georgia PowerBill matrix

I can't believe that Georgia power is still using this company. We are in the middle of a pandemic and they are putting a block on the number of payments you can make to your power account. This is crazy they should accept whatever a person could on there account. When you contact Georgia power they say they have no control over bill matrix. My question is who runs who I'm pretty sure there are other payment companies that could meet the people needs.

Dec 25, 2020

Georgia Power — Continuous power outages

I have lived in my same home for 31 years. I have lost power this year more than any year since 1989. I wa...

Sep 26, 2020

Georgia Power — Electricity bill

September 25, 2020 To whom it may concern My name is Moyzetta McGee and Im writing this letter because...

GA PowerTree left in road

I was driving down Old Rosser Rd. Tucker GA and hit a log in the road (have picture). Apparently a tree fell across the road a hit a power line and GA Powere was called. They did a poor job of clearing the road and left part of the tree in the road with no markings. It causerd a lot of damage to my car. Estimate from. Stone Moungtain Toyota is almost $600. I have callerd Property Damage but they do not answer their phone .

Tree left in road
        Tree left in road

Georgia PowerPower bill

I prepay power. I have a deferred balance also. My rate is over 16 $ a day and I have paid close to a thousand just this month to keep it on. I live with my 80 year old mother and she is on a fixed income. We are about to be without power until next Tuesday. I have tried to contact Ga power but have been redirected and even hung up on. Have spoken to no one. I understand I prepay my power but the rate is more than double and I understand the part of payment going toward the deferred balance but have the rates gone up double since last year? And I thought that since my mother who is the account holder and eighty years old would have some kind of protection that we don't lose our power tomorrow. I am frustrated. I have sold some of my belongings, pawned items and I have nothing else to do for money until next Tuesday.
          Please help.
          My account number is [protected]. 4924 Roxbury drive in Columbus ga. Sarah Webb

Georgia PowerBilling

We have a small office building and typically pay our bills online from our checking account. Unfortunately our checking account was fraudulently used earlier this year and we had to change the account number. We paid the GP bill from the new account (using the bill pay feature) GP sent us a letter indicating a retuned check from the new account (?) and is now forcing us to pay with a debit card for 12 months until we "reestablish credit". Customer service had no sympathy when I discussed the matter on July 2, 2020. My only request is for GP to recognize that this sequence of events was caused by FRAUD.

Apr 24, 2020

Georgia Power — Billing

My name is Bonnie Russell. My mother Mary Spence is 94 years old. We live in a small house that has not had...

Feb 03, 2020

Georgia Power Company — kroger payment processing

You all made the choice to make life uncomfortable mainly for the older individuals that walk-in and pay...

Jan 15, 2020

Georgia Power Company — lights disconnected

My name is Sharon Mims. My account # is [protected]. On 01/14/2020, I had a VERY bad experience with Georgia...

Georgia Power Companypayment extension for my bill

Hello my name is Sharon and I had a car accident on November 12, 2019. I was arrested on the scene and the other driver was at fault. Due to me going to jail for 4 days I lost my job. I didn't get to see a doctor after putting in 2 request on 2 different days. I made a payment on November 15, 2019 for $280 and some cents at Walmart. My balance left was $194 and some cents and I made arrangements for 12/18/19 to pay $345 because I thought they would had made a decision for my unemployment but I'm still waiting on a decision. I have to go to physical therapy 2 times a week for my back, neck and head. I don't want my lights and heat cut off because off me not paying my bill today. I just need another extension to see if I can get an agency to help pay my bill. Can you please give me another extension? I don't want my lights and heat to get cut off because my children and I don't have any where to stay. I just need more time. My name is Sharon Gant-Wadley and my address is 2740 landing loop Dr Augusta ga 30904. My phone number is [protected]

Georgia Power Companyelectric bill

Georgia Power did not process my check payment on my due date 10/21/19 and I sent it via my bank on 10/8/19. That is plenty of time to process it. When they did not process my check by 10/21/19, I went and scheduled a payment online which processed on 10/22/19. I was also told by customer service I had a 1 week grace period so according to that I was on time because it was their fault they did not process my first payment in the first place. That week I receive a delinquent notification that I did not pay my bill and a $30 charge, which made absolutely zero sense. I now owe them $30 for their mistake. I am appalled by the customer service and that these people are still in business. The service is atrocious.

• Na
                    Nancy Bryson Nov 17, 2019

A very similar incident with Georgia Power happened to me in the exact same time frame (late September, early October of 2019). I made an online payment of my electric bill, received a notification from Georgia Power thanking me for my payment, and a couple weeks thereafter a letter stating that my payment didn't go through and I owe them $30 for being delinquent. There was plenty of money in my bank account to cover the bill, a fact that was verified by a customer service rep for my bank. The problem is with Georgia Power, specifically with their online payment screen. I am hoping to have a face-to-face conversation with a Georgia Power employee, presenting my "evidence", to get this resolved. Very frustrating. And along the way I wasted time with two meaningless, contradictory on-line "chats" with Georgia Power.

Oct 19, 2019

Georgia Power Company — electrical service

My residential block needs serious renovations. I've lived here for over 3 years now and have had an...

Oct 19, 2019

Georgia Power Company — revenue protection

I moved 8nto a house 8n the middle of a foreclosure situation and I tried getting the power on they quoted me...

Georgia Power Companydestruction / theft of property

there is a 50 yard right of way through my property and you cut down trees off of that for no reason! Then my tree stand came up missing. I contacted the home office and was supposed to receive a call from your contractor but never did.
                  Plus the rubbish is left where it fell no clean up. This is a total disgrace to your company.
                  I will publish the video to social media!

Anzio Pless Feb 24, 2021

I'm sending this to inform you that the company that you use Metropolitan communication Group employees in Pike County that's drilling for AT&T are drinking alcohol on your property and may be using drugs.I was employed there.I was also a part of the drinking.They keep beer in there work truck and mostly drank on Friday or Saturday.You may call me if you like more information.Call me AZ [protected].Thanks

Georgia Power Companygeorgia power overcharging me

Hello, my name is Sharon Gant-Wadley. I just paid $480 on my light bill because the total was $678.29. This is including my deposit $150 plus one time charge of $30 plus another $30 for a return check. My townhouse is a 2 bedroom and it's total electric. My bill should be $198 but it's $278 and that's and extra $80 on there. I keep my thermostat on 78 and it's been $251 one month and higher. I am a single mother who is going through a domestic violence divorce. I can't afford to keep paying a high bill like this . I'm just starting back getting my life together and going to therapy for my PTSD, bipolar, schizophrenia, depression, a victim of domestic violence and I'm just trying to see why my bill is high every month. I moved in August 2, 2019. I need someone to check my meter and I need more time to pay on my light bill. My address is 2740 landing loop dr.augusta ga 30904

Georgia Power Companyflat bill rate

In June 2019, I was offered the Flat Bill Rate and was advised I could transfer the service when I moved to my new location. My lease ended 8/31/2019, in which I had to move due to the owner moving back into the home. I dont feel I should have to pay the $242.09 flat bill rate that I am being charged when I was given misinformation initially regarding the program. I assume this was a sale that employees are encourged to offer for an incentive or bonus based on how many people they can have sign up. I have been customer of this complay all of my life and honestly have never had an issue. We as consumers have no other options. I spoke to an "supervisor" Ms Robinson ext 31289 today whom was very rude and condescending when I asked if she could add upd the numbers she was giving me she said "can you?" I have been in the customer service industry for well over 20 years and would have never replied to a customer that way when I was a representative. I hope additional training will be provided.

I can be reached at [protected]

Thanks,

Shalanda Dixon
                      Acct# [protected]

Georgia Power Companystarting new residential service

I moved to a new address that Georgia Power services, upon calling Ga Power to set up new service, I was advised that I had an account that was $ 1000.00, and my deposit because of that would be $305.00. I explained I never had Ga power service and the information had to be incorrect but furthermore I'd like too go ahead and pay the deposit and get service ASAP, being I have children at the home without any power and it's warm and dark, it was asked I submit verification of identifying who I am, so I sent the rental agreement and my drivers licensee and explained I would not send my social security info via text or email bc that's not secure and that was the bottom line, I then was told that my power service would be delayed because I didn't send my social security card and there is not a location I can personally take that document to for verification so I'm still here without power.

Sep 19, 2019

Georgia Power Company — pricing issue

I have been receiving very high power bills. Last month it was 287 dollars and this month it was 307 dollar...