Complaints & Reviews

Very aggressive dangerous driver of consumers energy truck

July 9th 2020
Allendale/ Standale area Michigan
At Cottonwood and Balwin street area. A big Consumers energy truck with an auger on top was riding our bumper for a mile or so until I could pull off. I was going 10 over the speed limit to get away from him he stayed on us. I caught up to him at a stoplight but could only get a plate number.
PF05777. Very scary for us senior citizens . I don't think this young man should be driving a large truck. I called 911 and gave them the plate number. Please get this fool off the road! I will continue calling Consumers Energy until something is done.

Power outage due to equipment failure

We had a power outage on july 3, 2020 due to equipment failure and it fried our circulating pump in our hot tub and its 250.00 for a new pump!! Is there anyway we can get money to pay for this pump because today again we lost power july 7, 2020!! We keep on loosing power when there are no storms or wind in the area!! The power outage on july 3rd was at first a partial power outage then the whole house went out and was out for 6 hours!!

Local Rep Parking on my lawn!

Some local rep (Female)of yours parked on my lawn last Friday. I work extremely hard to maintain a beautiful lawn. This was a total disregard for my property. I worked on fixing the rut made for an hour. And readjusted a sprinkler head that was driven on. I confronted the individual down the block but was less than satisfied with her nonchalant response and lack on concern. To her it was no big deal. Please retrain your folks accordingly to avoid this kind of lack of respect and I will await your response.

Local Rep Parking on my lawn!

security kicked me out of building

I recently exited the building through the turnstiles. There was a single piece of construction tape which I...

consumer energy driver

On 10/29/2019 at about 4:55pm I was driving westbound on Wildwood street in Jackson Michigan when a consumer's dump truck turned into wildwood street from a side street driving reckless, as I continued on wildwood this truck driver raced with me trying to get in front of my vehicle before getting to the light at Laurence and wildwood. When he seen that he was unable to get in front of me he got in back of my vehicle and tale-gated as if he was wanting to rear end me and push me out of his way. I put on my turn signal to turn into mancino's restaurant on wildwood, and after he passed I tried to make out the plate but only was able to get the first number or letter, I think it was 605S or 6O5S. I understand consumers has emergency calls to get to but still need to consider others on the road.

new service installation

We have been waiting since August of 2018 to get service installed at our house we built. We started the process and decided to put it on hold in October due to house not being started and being told they couldn't run power in until the meter was installed. When we put it on hold the project mana at the time told us we could pick up where we left off. When we reached out to start the process again we were told we had to start over, as they didn't keep records after being told they would. Fast forward to April of 2019 we started the project back up and were assigned a new project manager. Things were moving along but we had uncooperative neighbors that wouldn't sing easements which is no fault of Consumers. That was resolved in early August then the process for permits began because we now had to bore under a road. This is where the cluster begins. We got the boring permit which was good through October 31st, then we were told we needed a soil erosion permit which we got in mid September. At that time the soil erosion guy informed Consumers they needed an overhead permit because of a county drain running though our property that could take an additional 4 to 6 weeks. In the meantime our house is now finished and we can't move in unless we use our whole house generator. In addition we had to go month to month on our apartment lease increasing that expense. I understand we need these permits but what I don't understand is how people that do this for a living miss this stuff causing delay after delay. If they have a plot of the land how can they not know there is a drain on it? To top it off the communication if weak at best. When you check in for a status update it takes a few days to hear back. Then what we are told we are finding out isn't always what is really happening. For example last week we were told the county had what they needed for the overhead permit only to find out yesterday from the county they submitted information on Friday, the same day I heard back from them. It seems like there is disorganization between departments and what is needed. I feel bad for the person handling our project because it seems like he is caught in the middle of the confusion. If they don't have the right people in the right positions they need to fix it. If they don't have enough people add to staff. Not like they can't afford it. I have never seen anything as ridiculous as this. We just want to get power to our new house and it shouldn't be this difficult or take this long.
My name is Susan Pelto, partner is Ron Gardner. The property address is 220 S Williamston Rd, Dansville Mi. Help moving this along would be appreciated

tree take down

The beginning of July a storm came through on Oakpark Dr. that took down the power lines and half of a tree...

power line

We have had an ongoing issue with a power line the goes directly into my house that will spark and crack very loudly when it rains heavy or if it's windy. I've reported to consumers energy multiple times and my husband has as well. When the line cracks and sparks our electricity flickers throughout the house. This has been going on for at least 3 months and we've called approximately 5 times. Today the line started cracking and sparking again (it's been raining all day) but this time we completely lost power in the house excluding our kitchen light for some reason. My husband called and I have submitted a complaint with consumers and was told that the last time I called a technician came out and the line wasn't sparking so they left. So again, a technician should be out by 5 pm today but I am so concerned that now all of my appliances have been ruined due to their faulty power line and my ignored complaints.

electric service

I requested service disconnected at a resident I purchased so I could update it. They set up an account for it to be disconnected. Power lines were disconnected and meter was removed. Now they are charging me for service. What service? They told me as long as there was an account, I would be charged for service. I didn't request an account, so why am I charged for something I didn't ask for and am not receiving?

electrical power outages in the n e grand rapids area

In the last 5 months we have had 3 power outages in the 4510 Ashford Dr. N E area. We have found via the...

disputing bill

I am disputing $700 of my bill, $350 was paid but not credited and another $350 is pending from PNC Bank...

driveway was tore up and they did not replaces right

There is no seam in the driveway in that area. They want to put the only seam in and it will look real bad. My wife asked them to stop pouring and I had a sign do not pour but they poured it anyway. Very poor customer service. Pictures show how the seam will not line up and how it will look like a bad job when the contactor did it right and consumer Energy is the one hodge-podge the job.

driveway was tore up and they did not replaces right

poor customer service with forestry division

November 2018 forestry came out to mark trees for cutting/trimming. Shortly after a crew was out and trimmed...

billing

The account number on the bill is [protected] The service was started without my knowledge and when I found out it was in my name I requested it be shut off. Months later I got another bill so I called again then they shut it off. But told me I was responsible for the bill. I was in prison when the service was started and was released on 05/01/2018 so I don't understand why consumers energy thinks I'm responsible for any of the bill. I do have a proof of incarceration and if anything else is needed I can provide that too.

billing

fraud

Today (04/02 ) I received an automated call from what they said was Consumers Energy stating that they wa...

customer service

I've been trying to get ahold of someone to talk to for the past 3 days to set up a payment plan so my power...

construction

that I work midnight's. There is construction across the street. First, trying to sleep and pounded on my door because the needed to see my sewer line in my house do to some rich jerk building a Bigfoot house across the street. So this stranger I don't know is walking through my house during my night.

Then, on the next Saturday morning, they parked 5 trucks with their diesel engines smelling the house and rumbling the ground in the house, THEN some concrete pounding machine starts pounding so strong, my wife's stuff on a shelve fell off and broke.

We/re a working class neighborhood, but I guess this rich guy paid off consumers to work on a Saturday. znd screw the peasants znd not notify them of the or talk to them about the obnoxious disturbing the piece, must of took some money on the side. they dug up my lawn a couple of months ago without a peep of notice.

the person at consumer power I contacted was rude, patronizing and distinctly unhelpful

i live alone and my bill usually runs between 150 and 225. this month is 306. when icalled to enquire, he...

heating rebates - the scame.

I had Furnace replace about March 2018 by a Consumers Contractor. I was told there was a rebate. When I asked...

Delton Contractors

investigations dept

I have been calling all morning, left multiple messages, and when I call the normal consumer's number and...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices