Whirlpool Duet Washer / a gross misrepresentation for the consumer

I purchased a duet washer at Lowes on 9/05. I have followed all manufacturer's instructions for the care of my washer. I have a septic tank odor coming from the water that washes my clothes for 1 month. Have followed Whirlpools recommendation to resolve the issue but did not help. Have had 2 techs come to tell me that all front loaders do this and that I have to just live with it . The last tech said he sees it everyday. This is a gross misrepresentation for the consumer. Good money is spent for a quality product in addition, to a health hazard. I feel all consumers should be made aware that this is normal occurrence and the manufacturer should be held responsible for the health hazards potential this has. I also feel Lowes should not risk their reputation as a "family store" to sell products that can cause great harm to their consumers.

A  13th of Jul, 2007 by
I would love to get into a class action lawsuit for the same problem. Someone needs to organize one. This mold issue it terrible.
A  19th of Mar, 2009 by

The above address posted that she was going to contact her lawyer and wanted others to join her in a class action. I have the Duet washers too and it really appears to be crap. We are using baking soda with our clothes in washing along with cleaning the washers inside seal, the rubber part that seems to catch all the clothes with bleach. This shouldn't have to be this way with this expensive a product.

Whirlpool Corporation Logo Whirlpool Corporation