Walmart / very negative experience

Wadsworth Ohio, Smart Style salon... hair color. I had a very negative experience with an inexperienced stylist yesterday. I went to Wal-mart for a highlight, mostly blonde color service. I believe the girls name is Krizy the managers name is Sandy.

Anyway, she colored my hair, washed it and cut it. As she was drying it she realized there was spots on my hair that she missed and needed to "fix" them. I thought that was fine , the colored seemed ok. She "fixed" the spot . As she dried my hair I saw that my hair was terrible, the top layer was fine, but upon pulling my hair back it looked like tiger stripes. The manager was at a workstation directly next to hers, never looked through it to check, she actually seemed apathetic to my hair and the situation period. The Stylist was so nervous about how long it was taking, and I kept telling her I did not care just that I wanted the color right. She "finished" and I went home. I looked in the mirror and pulled my hair up and it still looked horrible. I called them back, got the manager, who still seemed to not care.

By the way, when the young lady went to mix up more color this manager confided that the young lady was just out of school, not at all very experienced. Nice to tell me , huh? I went back and those two had gone home the manager and stylist. Three other girls were there and looked at my hair with horror. One girl tried to fix my hair as best she could. Although she was telling me how it was really time for her to go but she was going to work on me anyway. After all day at that salon my hair was "fixed", it is way too blonde and I will probably fix it myself. I am never stepping in that shop again, and I suggest no one else shouls either.

N  14th of Aug, 2006 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
WHY oh WHY??? did you even go to WallyWorld for a hair service anyway?????? Yikes!! May as well just walk into Cost Cutters or Fantastic Sam's. OMG. I would NEVER trust any newbie, in a "salon" like those, to do my hair---especially color! Well, I guess you have to live & learn.
N  11th of Jan, 2007 by
I went to my local Wal-mart Houston Texas off Sam Houston Park Way to get a perm. When I walked in the door The sign states $39.00 so I did the perm.But when I went to pay I was told it was $50.00 plus $30.00 extra for a Hair cut. and extra for a cond. So when I left I had payed more than the posted price of 39.00. And I was told that Black women got ( relaxer ) and that cost more How ever there is no sign in the salon that states this. I fell that this is racist.Because if you were to but the kit on your own it's $8.00 White or Back people Hair. And the sign states 12.00 for a hair cut. Then why was I charged $30.00.
N  19th of Jun, 2007 by
Walmart + Salon = disaster... that should be common sense people... you get what you pay for! We all go to Walmart to save money... well, the same thing goes for Salons inside as well...
A  12th of Dec, 2007 by
Everything about walmart in my opinion is negative!

Walmart Stores Logo Walmart Stores