[Resolved] Unlimited Vacation Club / cancellation of membership

Miami, FL, United States Review updated:

We attended a presentation in May 2016. We were told by Sonia the sales manager at Breathless that we could cancel the membership BEFORE the first payment was made. Her response was "but you will not want to cancel". Our first attempt to possibly use the program would have cost far more than what was presented. We can take that same vacation through another membership for much less. We have contacted UVC a minimum of 6 times to opt out of the program via phone calls and e-mails. No one returns calls or emails. What I have found is that language becomes a huge issue when trying to cancel or request info on how to get out of this program. The last person we spoke to was David Rodriguez who assured us he would call back with the necessary information or cost to opt out of this program. Still waiting, there has been no return phone call. An e-mail was received from Mark R. Proulx with a cash out incentive program 5% discount to pay off the balance. I responded by e-mail that I wanted to cancel the membership and requested direction on how to do this ...no response received from Mark R. Proulx or any other UVC employee.

• Resolution statement

The concerns raised in our complaint were thoroughly reviews and discussed with UVC representatives. UVC have worked with us and been in frequent communication to resolve our concerns and issues. The matter has been and fully resolved to our satisfaction.

Sw
Jun 30, 2016

Comments

• Ca
      Jul 01, 2016

I am not happy with this scam club!!! I just received a call from the unlimited vacation club concerning my vacation at Secrets Playa Bonita in Panama. Apparently the resort is now closed for construction and will be closed until October. Except, my vacation is in August for my birthday. They had to have known when I booked in May that this resort would be closed. Reconstruction ideas for a hotel are not implemented overnight! The resort has been closed for 2 days and now they call. Then they tell me that they have good news. They were able to help me out by making arrangements for me to stay at the nearby Westin. But, if I didn't want to take their offer I could cancel without any penalty. First of all, how are you helping me? I booked the resort I wanted. I booked an adults only, and the Westin is not adults only. The plane tickets have been purchased to Panama and will cost me to change flights and there is only a month left to make other plans. They show no regard for the inconvenience and keep telling me how they are assisting me. It is bad enough that I could have booked my vacation through bookit or cheapcarribean and paid less, but now they seem to have set me up. I asked to speak with a manager or executive and they won't give me any names. The so-called supervisor won't give me her last name because according to her it is against company policy. Something needs to be done. I am willing to join others in a lawsuit if there is one. Please let me know.

• So
      Jul 14, 2016

I signed up a month ago in the excitement of a relaxing vacation.
    Unfortunately I was feed a bunch of lies which I realized after my vacation.
    I called to book what was supposed to be my first of two free week long vacation I was told that was not part of the contract.
    Others lies were told to me before I sighed. I work hard and don't make much. I need out of this terrible scam!

• Jj
      Jul 26, 2016

My wife and I joined The Unlimited Vacatiuon Club in July 2016 while staying at Secrets Maroma in Cancun, Mexico. Upon signing the contract the whole thing didn't sit well with me. On Saturday July 9, I called the office in Miami to notify them that I was canceling my membership. I followed followed up the phone call with written email to the company on Monday July 11. A few days later I received a text notifying me that the company was in receipt of my email, that I'd be contacted by someone within 24-48 hours. On Sunday July 17, I was contacted by a woman from the company who was present with us during the signing of the contract. She tried to sweeten the deal. I had to explain that this was not within our financial plans. She said that my $10, 649.00 deposit would be credited back to my Visa card. I awaited with great trepidation...I can happily report that the money was credited back a few days after and I am no longer a member of the Unlimited Vacation Club!!!