Complaints & Reviews

Bait & switch sales presentation + misleading, bullying sales tactics

You will encounter these guys at the Cancun airport as you're exiting baggage claim. They have official placement inside the airport, so be aware that just because you're inside doesn't mean you aren't being taken for a ride.

You get invited to sit through a sales presentation for their hotel in exchange for discounted tickets on some event. Not a bad deal, and on the surface it seems to make sense. But what you aren't told up front is that they aren't just trying to sell you to stay at their hotel in the future; the presentation is a classic time share-like pitch. Note: they don't call it a time share and it works a little differently, but the concept is very similar.

When you actually go through the presentation, you get paired up with a sales rep who walks you through all the benefits and surface-level costs. It all seems like a good deal, until you get to the closing presentation (which is conducted in a loud, uncomfortable environment where it's hard to hear what you're actually being offered) and discover they're trying to get you to commit to 20 - 50 year contracts worth tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars at huge interest rates (not counting what you'd have to actually then spend at their properties on trips to see the savings you were promised).

Maybe this makes sense for some people, but you can typically find much better deals and savings by being part of hotel loyalty programs (which reward you for your continued business and don't charge you to be a member) and looking for specials/discounts, or even by using a premium travel credit card. Also, by doing it that way you can always change your strategy if a vendor stops meeting your standards or your travel plans change. If you're a member of a program like this, you're stuck with it (potentially for decades!). Who knows in advance what their travel plans are going to be for the next 30 years?

Also, after you decline, they ask you to do a quality control interview to review your sales rep. This is also a bait and switch, since the quality control interviewer is actually the hard closer. In our case, we got a very sarcastic, belligerent individual who kept rolling his eyes at our objections or when we pointed out flaws in what he was claiming. He was one of the worst salesmen I have ever seen, though maybe he makes an okay living bullying people into things. Even though the resort was beautiful, I will never do business with this company due to this experience, and I spend tens of thousands of dollars in hotels every year.

If you decide to listen to their pitch, here's my advice:

1. Do not be intimated. Don't let anyone bully you into signing any agreement. They may use high-pressure tactics, but don't give in to anything if you're not comfortable or don't understand what you're agreeing to.

2. Do not give them any money unless you do it through a reputable credit card with a bank you have a strong relationship with, where you can dispute any charges if needed. Do not give them cash, debit cards, or personal financial information like bank numbers or your SSN.

3. Negotiate, argue back, and get EVERYTHING in writing.

4. Do not sign any contract without having an attorney review it first. If you aren't financially-savvy, also make sure you consult an accountant or financial advisor. They may tell you that if you wait to have your advisors review you will lose the deal. So what? Do you really want to do business with someone who is pressuring you into such a major commitment without getting professional advice?

5. Watch the clock. They may keep you there way past the promised 90 minutes if you let them.

6. Make sure you get your discounted tickets they promise you in exchange for listening to their presentation. Get your money's worth for giving them your time.

False advertisement / misleading sales pitches

So my wife and I were in Cozumel Mexico at #SunscapeSabor. While at the resort they heavily pressured you to attend a Unlimited Vacation Club sales pitch. Where they would pitch you ideas to sign up for a vacation club. In return you would receive a 150$ message, and a 300$ dinner (Which I got sick from). So while we were at this event, they kept pitching us the package and we repeatedly said no. So after about 3 hours of talking to the sales team they offered us a package that seemed to good to be true. The team finally came up with a perk that sold us on the package. The Sales pitch was they would include a 3000 dollar credit that we could redeem for a free cruise within the next year.
Basically they asked us how many vacations we took a year. We said we take one vacation a year and we enjoy taking cruises. They said okay great, the first vacation will be on us, we will buy you a free cruise to Alaska in the form of 3000$ credit that is as good as cash. The credit will appear on your account after it is created but it needs to be redeemed within a year. They repeatedly used the term, the credits are as good as cash. They even went as far to say the extra credits we didn't use while booking the cruise could be redeemed on board in the form of alcohol packages, massages, and excursions. Then every following year we would receive 1000$ credit a year to use towards future cruises for 10 years. They also said its like a timeshare, except instead of visiting one spots over the course of the timeshare, you can visit all of our resorts/cruise ships. This package seemed to be far more valuable than the money we spent on it (9000 dollars). After much hesitation, we finally said yes (against our gut feeling).

Fast forward 6 months later, after covid had put everyone's lives on hold. We try to book a cruise for February 2021. We get all the way to the end and the website will only let us redeem 400 dollars of our 3000 dollars credit. So we call the travel agent assigned to us. She acknowledges that this is not the first time this has happened, and that she has had this complaint in the past. That Ultimate Vacation Club sales persons pitch fake perks to sell their packages. While speaking to customer service for about an hour, no one asks for the sales persons name, or asks about any information about where or when the transaction occurred. They could careless about who lied to us to make the sale, they just continue to try to sell the package. Tell us how there's so much more involved in this package than the 3000 dollar credit. They try to tell us about all the locations they own and all of the resorts we can take advantage of. I continuous tell them that the 3000 credit was supposed to be a free vacation (Cruise) that we were going to take in 2021. My wife and I were sold on the 3000 credit that was as good as cash, and could be redeemed all at once. That the salesman repeatedly lied to us saying the 3000 credit was as good as cash and could be used on anything involving a vacation except air fare. In our contract we signed, I looked for the verification that the 3000 dollar credit would be added to our account and it was there. But sadly the loop hole they used is that you can only redeem as much as they allow you to redeem. So this 3000 credit that was supposed to be as good as cash, is only worth about 400 dollars to us, because we don't have the time to take more than 1 vacation a year. At max it seems you can only redeem 1000 dollars at a time. So in order for you to take full advantage of the package you'd need to take at least 3 vacations a year. In our case where we are not spending top dollars, wed need to take 7 vacations a year to redeem the full 3000 dollars. I am currently waiting on UVC customer service to call me back about the lack of trust I have with the company, I was repeatedly lied to by the sales person, and im at the point of just trying to cancel my package. The only people it may benefit are people who are childless and able to travel more than 3 times a year, or people who are retired. This package is not for people that vacation just once a year, even though they are pitched as such. How on earth am I supposed to redeem 3000 dollars worth of credits in 1 year, when I can only redeem 400$s per vacation. I told everyone involved that we only take 1 vacation a year.

What is included in the resorts you stay at

I was sold a membership at Dreams PV, it mentioned a ton of stuff was included, I was most interested in the GOLF; sure enough I go on a trip to a CANCUN location and played free; now they all of a sudden have charges on every course. If I had known I would get charged, I would never have signed up. It's cheaper to stay at nicer resorts else where, and just pay the fee's since you have to pay the fee's anyway. Getting bookings is difficult, most of the resorts are rather sold out. Booking a year in advance is not realistic, so you pretty much get what you pay for, which is NOT much. Oh and when I brought this to the attention of a UVC Quality assurance manager, they threatened me with a lawsuit because I said I will tell everyone of your manipulation schemes. I will gladly walk by their offices on every trip and tell everyone not to join, because frankly from all the sites I read about this place, It has an F on BBB, and a 1% on here. Its amazing they even get business.

[Resolved] Membership upgrade January 2019

white pearl members returning to silversands for my bday. visited secrets maroma for an update as to what new things uvc had to come. We decided to upgrade. Long story short there was a $1500 deposit made from my checking account. I was told it didn't go through. Get to room it's pending. Provided bank documents. Paid days lost. Membership cancelled due to non payment. Why would I make a payment when your representatives at maroma did something shady. The banks were similar in name but different. Employees at maroma in sales department not uvc employees, or so I was told. My previous membership was never reinstated. The processing fee for upgrading never mentioned again. $499 I believe Which was separate from the $1500. I have numerous emails back and forth with them with no resolution. Up until the point of upgrading we loved our uvc experience. This was a slap in the face when we chose to celebrate a special occasion and spend more money with them. Membership id Sm1-005516
Other membership id sm1-010425
[protected]@gmail.com
If they make it right, I'll make a post about it. Seriously considering posting on all social media outlets so this complaint can be a deterrent for future would be members but I will be patient a bit longer and see if they reach out.

• Unlimited Vacation Club's response · May 25, 2020

Good morning Thank you for writing. We are sorry about the experience. Please send us your member ID via private message and we will contact you as soon as possible; or call us to the following numbers: https://www.unlimitedvacationclub.com/Contact GK

[Resolved] Customer service misrepresentation

To Whom it May Concern:After speaking to the supposed Manager of Customer Service, Gustavo, at 2pm CST, I have come to the realization that the customer service department at UVC is NOT taking responsibility for their error in my booking at the Now Sapphire resort. This booking error should cost the UVC customer service department $500/night or 1 Premier Night x the number of nights taken from our account (3).

We have spent over $18, 000 on this membership and it has been nothing but one mistake after another! I expect $1500 deducted from my remaining balance owed or 3 premier nights to be put back on my account before 5/31/2020.

I am baffled how your company continues to be in business when you have horrible customer service and do NOT own up to making mistakes. We do NOT want to revisit the Now Sapphire resort - please stop offering us a below standard 'rebate' from the resort for the Customer Service department mistake. The resort was not our first choice, and as can be seen below in our original email - it was not up to our standards while we were there; moreover, the resort did not have the waterslide as "PROMISED" by our UVC Customer service rep when we made our reservation - that was the entire reason we booked this resort when the Now Natura resort was not available for our actual booked vacation.

*Original Email sent 1/11/2020:

On September 6, 2019, my family booked a trip to Now NaturaRiveria Cancun, using both Unlimited nights for which we paid ($765.70, and $20, $20). Pre confirmation number : 1459 ; Arrival date : 01 Jan2020 ; Departure date : 03 Jan 2020
Adults : 2 ; Children : 2 ; Accommodations : Preferred ClubJunior Suite Ocean View Double
Night type : UNL - Night(s) used : 2 We also booked Premiere Nights, which we had free: Pre confirmation number : 1460 ; Arrival date : 03 Jan2020 ; Departure date : 06 Jan 2020
Adults : 2 - *Children : 0 ; Accommodations : Junior SuiteTropical View Double
Night type : FRE  - Night(s) used : 3

We were told that we would be able to stay in our room as the status level of our Membership is an upgrade due to availability when using the Premiere nights. We also knew that we would pay $50/per child/ per day, for the Free nights used.  We have NEVER received our $20 reservation credit back as we made the reservation on the same day/same time/ same booking agent… and should not have been charged double. Erica, the supervisor confirmed this during our conversation.

On the week of October 10, 2019 we received a phone call from GBS informing us that Now Natura Riveria Cancun would not be available for our stay due to incomplete construction and that we would have the option to receive a Free certificate to the Now Natura and move our reservation to Now Jade or another resort.

During that phone call we discussed our reasons for booking NowNatura - (1) being the ‘waterslide'; (2) room set up in that my Husband and I wanted a King bed and our children to sleep on the couch pullout like we did at Dreams Los Cabos. She directed us to the Now Sapphire resort for those 2 exact reasons.

During that conversation we spoke to the GBS representative and she directed me to the NOW Sapphire website - she claimed that the waterslide was indeed operational. When I questioned her based on Trip Advisor photos, she read out the website link over the phone, telling me to go to the site to see for myself the actual image and description of the slide.

We also discussed the room set up, and she stated that our Preferred Club Jr. Suite (which we paid for) was in fact 2 adjoining rooms and that this would be the ‘upgrade' for our Free nights as long as we stayed in the Tropical View vs. the Ocean View. Knowing I paid more for the Ocean View room ($765.70 for 2 nights), I accepted the downgrade given that I would be able to stay in the assigned rooms for the entire trip per her confirmation.

She confirmed we were in the Family Jr. Suite Tropical View and that ‘given availability' we would stay in our Rooms. I also spoke to the Supervisor, Erica, at GBS and she continued to confirm this - I even asked, ‘Am I asking for too much - it's not like I am asking for the Governor's Suite - in fact we down graded to non Ocean View in order to keep our room" and she concurred - yes, this will work.

I called the week before our trip to confirm that the rooms we wanted were in fact available and was validated over the phone that yes, they were. All of the above conversations should have been recorded for your records so I would encourage you to go back and listed to those recordings.

Upon arrival to Now Sapphire at 145pm, we proceeded to the Preferred Club Check In and waited for over an hour for one of the agents.

In fact, I had to ask them to check us in as they were just talking behind the desk to one another. While checking in, Miguel, explained that our reservation was not correct and that we would have to pay to stay in the Family Jr. Suite Tropical View an extra $500/night. He also charged our card the $300 upon arrival for the 2 children for the 3 nights.

I also asked Migel for our NowNatura certificates (which we were told to request upon checkin) and he told me that no such thing existed and I was mistaken.  Our UVC representative, Mac, was not available, and so we just checked in so our children could rest from the travel.

I told them I would visit UVC Lounge the next morning and sort through the misunderstanding.  We got a tour of the resort as our bellman drove us to the room, and during the drive, we noticed that the waterslide was not even under construction… so very disappointing.

The following morning, Thur. Jan 2, we visited with Mac and Perla at the UVC Lounge and were informed that the GBS representatives did not book our trip correctly and that we could not stay in our rooms without purchasing them as 2 separate reservations using an ADDITIONAL 3 Premier Nights. Again, I had to make a call to GBS (who informed me that the Now Sapphire UVC reps were incorrect, but she booked the room anyways)…. So all in all, we used 6 Premiere nights and paid for 2 unlimited nights for a 5 night stay.

On to the further disappointments on the resort:
1)     No Waterslide
2)     Overly crowded - no available towels, chairs, and service took forever to be served beverages anywhere other than the Preferred Club Adult Pool
3)     The resort ran out of specific foods, like bananas, bacon, pineapple juice
4)     Housekeeping only came 3 days of the 5 we stayed and actually cleaned (we did not have a red sign on the door) - which caused us to have ants in the room
5)     Restocking the fridge only happened 1 time
6)     Power went off repeatedly in our tower of rooms
7)     Shutting down restaurants given the enormous crowd which caused us to wait for over an hour to be seated to eat, and then another hour for food to arrive

This resort has been the worst resort we have stayed at thus far with UVC and we would not recommend to anyone. The only positive we had during this trip was that the girls at the Kids Klub were fantastic and loved our children during the few hours they played there.

Reflecting on this debacle of a vacation, it would have been cheaper for us to just book online not using UVC than literally use 6 Premiere nights   (valued at over $500/night) and pay $765.70… to me that equates to over $3700, plus airfare.

We feel that UVC should have covered the difference in this mistake rather than force us to ‘book another room using our 3 premiere nights' and so, for positive resolution, we want our 3 Premiere nights back in our account.   Both my husband and I called UVC/GBS immediately upon return to the US to sort through the above mess and we have finally received our certificates to Now Natura and now request that positive resolution concludes with our 3 Premiere nights being back in our account giving us a total of 24 premiere nights.  Thank you,  Hanna

Reply Email sent 1/13/2020: No, I was forced to book with an additional 3 Premier Nights rather than spend $1500. I called Tuesday, Jan. 2 to make that reservation while standing in the U-Lounge at the Now Sapphire resort.

• Unlimited Vacation Club's response · May 22, 2020

Hello Hanna

Good day, thank you for writing. Your case has been assigned to the quality team to assist you according to your request. An agent will contact you as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience. GK

[Resolved] Scams

Basically, this is just another high pressure sales pitch to try to get more $ out of myself and partner (we are divorced). We explained we were not married and told to just say we were (easier for contract). There are so many loop holes your contract was more than 40 pages, so many things were not explained at the time of signing the contract. There is no way a person could have made an informed decision in 10 days. Uvc lifestyle collection has already charged me $3286.50 of my hard earned money of which according to all the bbb complaints I will not see any actual vacation. I will continue to file bbb complaints in miami and texas, any social media, as well as filing a gov complaint warning anyone else who is unfortunate enough to get scammed into uvc/apple vacations.
I will not give uvc anymore of my money, and I will not agree to any further contract. I am continue to request a refund for funds already paid.
Catherine worley

• Unlimited Vacation Club's response · Apr 22, 2020

Good morning Thank you for writing. We are sorry about the experience. Please send us your member ID via email: [email protected] and we will contact you as soon as possible; or call us to the following numbers: https://www.unlimitedvacationclub.com/Contact GK

[Resolved] Everyone please read this and beware.

UVC is organized criminal activity that lies and can care less of consequences. We have been members for about 5 years. For the most part the beginning was fine and we learned to use the free nights and upgrades to our advantage. I can say this that to get UVC to give you what is yours takes lots of work and arguing. We decided to listen to another or their membership upgrade speeches that past year and ended up paying to upgrade to Impressions. Our snake of a sales man Ernesto Barberi made us promises that made this decision seem good to us. This is the issue... it was all lies. He said there were 27 resorts to use. Just book run of the mill rooms and you are automatically upgraded to presidential suites. Free transportation to and from airport, free massages, manicures and laundry Everytime your there even in Europe. Wow seemed great and the liar went on and on. Come to find out you have 1 resort you can use and even after spending money to join its $8, 000 per week.

We had been scammed. We emailed him as soon as we got our number to log on and use the membership. None of it was true or worked. He actually replied and said oh no it's all true. We complained to everyone who would answer a phone and were escalated to Julian Pat Ricalde of Quality Assurance. What a complete joke and rat this man is. We spoke to him 2 times. He admitted we were lied to and could have 9 more $1600/ week vacations for free. That's it. Take it or leave it. Needless to say we didn't accept this. Then his dodging and hiding began. He has to call us from a neighbors cell phone because the office phone was broke and blah blah blah. We could not get a hold of this poor excuse of a human. Then after weeks of no replies to emails we did get a hold at some Yoeli lady there who said Quality Assurance closed your case because they couldn't get a hold of you.

We have been arguing with all of these people for months. We have been threatened to pay for this contract that was completely based on lies and are refusing to. Turns out Julian Pat Ricalde is also Wilbreth Java of quality Assurance. These people are not caring or honest on any level. It's a shame what they are doing to people of all countries.

Do not under an circumstance buy a membership from these people. This is an honest warning and advice and if you have questions I'll happily tell you the truth. They are stealing from honest customers who deserve better. This company will it be around for long. It's impossible for it to continue as they are operating.

If someone knows how to get money back from these people or get them off our backs please let me know. I'll do same. The public deserves better

Do not believe anything Ernesto Barberi pictures below tells you. He is a snake and doesn't have a conscience on any level as a human. He wants your money and will say anything to get it.

Everyone please read this and beware.

• Unlimited Vacation Club's response · Apr 14, 2020

We are sorry for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you. Your opinion is very important to us and we would like to assist you in any possible way.
    Please send us your member ID and phone number through email: [email protected] We will contact you as soon as possible. GK

• Updated by Franco614 · Apr 14, 2020

Sit I am happy to show everyone the 20 emails I have sent you since last Wednesday evening. You people do not respond. Yo are not going to tell anyone you have tried and couldn’t get a hold of me. I’m available. I just emailed you, at your provider address this morning again at 8:09 also last night at 6:15pm, yesterday at noon and yesterday morning at 8:15am. I can keep going on. Each email says I am available now and anytime along with a phone number and email address. If you can prove me to or anime here you tried to contact me in any fashion other than to collect money on a fake contract I’ll keep quiet. I am not in the wrong here, Unlimited vacation club is

• Updated by Franco614 · Apr 14, 2020

It’s 12:25 pm day of UVC’s response I got to my complaint. I just responded to Gerardo Ku at his address above. Reason I know his name is because I emailed him 4 times since yesterday morning. I’ll let you know when and if I get a response.

• Updated by Franco614 · Apr 14, 2020

I just got a generic email as I have since February saying they will get back to me ASAP. They are very busy.

I will keep complaints board posted when I have a live person helping me resolve my “escalated issue” I’ve had since January.

• Unlimited Vacation Club's response · Apr 22, 2020

Hello

Good day, we comment you that your request has already resulted from the customer service team. They have provided you with instructions via email. Can we do anything else for you? Regards! GK

• Updated by Franco614 · Apr 29, 2020

Yes sir. We are awaiting our final details for a resolution. I will say that quality assurance has been working with us which has been nice. We are not 100% complete at this time. I am hoping this will get wrapped up soon. We are awaiting a final response and paperwork to be filled out

• Updated by Franco614 · Jun 04, 2020

This is not resolved yet. I am still awaiting Mr Ricalde to give us the revised contract. He is from Quality Assurance.

• Updated by Franco614 · Jun 17, 2020

I want all to know we are still unresolved here. There have been verbal agreements on UVC’s end and money sent as agreement on my end. They have my money but I have no written contract as promised yet. This has been going on since January.

• Updated by Franco614 · Jun 25, 2020

I do not know who is marking this as resolved. UVC has my money per our verbal agreement and not sending me a new contract. What the helm is going on here? This is resolved for who? UVC? Now no one will call me back or email me back. I am so fed up with this running around. It’s been since January and it’s almost July. Who in their right mind would buy a vacation from these people. This has been nothing short of hell. Ernesto Barberi congrats you ruined 2020 for me bud. I hope the same to you 10 fold

This is a disgusting way of doing business

• Updated by Franco614 · Jul 19, 2020

Now as of July 19th 2020 this is actually resolved. I have received my new contract. After literally months of delays and promises that never came to fruition by Julian Pat Ricalde I included Ernesto Barberi in my emails this past week. I will say he responded and stepped in. He took the time to make the situation right and did deliver on his words and promises.

[Resolved] UVC is a total scam

During a trip to Secrets in Los Cabos, we were pitched the UVC. They have a thick magazine with thousands of resorts world wide, and told you can use your "free" weeks at any of them. Well, this isn't true. You have access to though a time share company called RCI. RCI only books time share properties, they do not have the amount of resorts offered in that book. Also, lifestyle collection is a separate entity that you can sign up for yourself. During the presentation we were told that we could go anywhere: bali, Thailand, Maldives, etc. That isn't true and you have to book RCI well in advance — it doesn't work for last minute travel that we explained we always do during the presentation,

We tried to book RCI a few months out (not exactly what we thought we were paying for but thought we are stuck) and have to pay a fee. Really??? We've already paid thousands of $. Looking further into it, we weren't able to book any decent looking property that we would want to visit with the weeks we were "gifted." this entire company lies to your face and promises you things that it has no control over. Unfortunately, I didn't do my research before signing up.

We would either like all our money paid back or some agreement to use what we've paid without obligation to pay the rest. Seriously this company is terrible.

• Unlimited Vacation Club's response · Apr 08, 2020

[Resolved] I want to cancel my contract

Contract nnx 000376 - I have sent e-mail saying I want to cancel my contract. The customer service said I have to pay 50% of the contract to be able to cancel! I did use any of the serviços, and contract does not say if want to cancel I would have to incur in this penalty. Neither someone that was selling this product. That was bad conduct of you and I am disappointed that a large company like you does such escheme! I and my money back! Leticia

• Unlimited Vacation Club's response · Apr 08, 2020

• Updated by leticia.v.aquino · Apr 14, 2020

I have already talked to someone from you customer service Cristina Magagnoti who did not resolve my problem and after hang up on me send e-mail saying I should contact [email protected] which I did a week ago and got no answer also sent right now to the e-mail indicated here! I only want what is right I did not get any service from your company I want my money Back, such big company should be to trust not to deceive and make full of your customers! Shoul be ashame to keep money that people work hard to make it and not compelling to sign contract that does not even have cancellation clause !

[Resolved] UVC made it very difficult/impossible to cancel our contract

Mr. Negrete,

We signed the contract on February 28, 2020. On March 4th, 2020, within the 5 business days of executing the Contract, per Art. 15, paragraph 5, I've met you at Sunscape hotel, and I requested the cancellation of the contract. At that time, you responded that you will take care of it.

You did not require that I put the cancellation request in writing, but assured me that you will cancel it, and send me a notification. By not cancelling the agreement, as promised, you acted maliciously with the intent to deceive us so that you wouldn't have to refund us the initial payment.

Our cancellation was clear, direct and personal, supported by our emails and calls on March 11th and after that. It is not a termination for payment default, but a voluntary termination. The provisions of Art. 15, first paragraph are not therefore applicable.

As per Art. 15, paragraph 4, we request a full refund of all amounts paid, and otherwise we exert all our legal remedies, for fraud and breach of contract, including attorney's fees and legal expenses.

Yours sincerely,

Mariana & Iuliu Vasilescu

Mr. Negrete, has all the emails what we exchanged. He never called me,
I have tried to call him numerous times, but he never answered.
There are hidden fees for down payment, like $230 for the contract it self.
When I asked, before to sign the contract, about the cancellation policy,
I was told 15 days, which is a lie, based on the terms of the contract.

Iuliu V
Tue, Mar 10, 8:07 PM (7 days ago)
to memberservices

I have cancelled the deal with you, and I was expected to send me the cancellation notice.
Best regards,

Iuliu

• Unlimited Vacation Club's response · Mar 20, 2020

Hello Iulio

Good morning. Thank you for contacting UVC. We are sorry to hear that. To provide proper assistance, please send your member ID through email: [email protected] We thank you in advance for your patience. GK

• Unlimited Vacation Club's response · May 03, 2020

Good day. Thank you for writing us. We are sorry about the experience. Please send us your member ID via email: [email protected] and we will contact you as soon as possible; or call us to the following numbers: https://www.unlimitedvacationclub.com/Contact

• Mi
    Michael Farris Apr 29, 2020

Hi Iuliu.
    We are Camarena, Robledo and Associates in Cancún, Mexico. We specialize in vacation property and timeshare contracts and work in conjunction with the Secretary of the Department of Mexican Tourism. We can help you cancel your membership and recover the capital that you have invested. How does that sound?
    Please reply to us by email to [email protected], and we´ll discuss the options we can offer to get you out of this contract.
    We look forward to helping you!

[Resolved] Coercion to sign a new contract after emailing the orginal be rescinded and misrepresentation by claudia at cancun resort

I went to Cancun for a 5 day vacation on December 15 and attended a 2 hour presentation on December 16, 2019...

[Resolved] I just got my login information and found out that I cannot use any free nights until I have paid my account off

We were told that we could start to use all the free nights and offers as soon as we joined, the only reason we said yes is that we have a trip planned for July and they told us to cancel that ( booked by my travel agent) and that I could get that same resort using the free nights they gave us. That is a LIE. I just got my login information and found out that I cannot use ANY free nights until I have paid my account off. - they said for ever 4 payments they release ONE night free, so basically it would take us over two years of payments to use 7 free nights... We feel lied too and and we hate that because we were at Secrets Maroma and would have never thought they would allow their guest to be SCAMMED. It has now been 9 days since we signed and I do not know what to do? Its after the 5 days and reading a lot of reviews people get no where to cancel this membership. We would have been ok with all of this IF they would have been HONEST up front, but they weren't and LIED to us HOW to use the FREE Nights. Can anyone help me on how to at least cancel and get the $3, 100.00 that we put down?

• Unlimited Vacation Club's response · Jan 17, 2020

Hi Brittany Wright

Good morning Thank you for writing to us. We are sorry about the experience. Please send us your member ID via private message and we will contact you as soon as possible; or call us to the following numbers: https://www.unlimitedvacationclub.com/Contact GK

[Resolved] Lied to during presentation

During my wife's and I first trip without kids in 3 years to Secrets in Los Cabos, we were pitched the UVC. They have a thick magazine with thousands of resorts world wide, and told you can use your "free" weeks at any of them. Well, this isn't true. UVC only deals with AMR, the rest of the resorts you have access to are though a time share company called RCI, and then an agency called lifestyle collection. RCI only books time share properties, they do not have the amount of resorts offered in that book. Also, lifestyle collection is a separate entity that you can sign up for yourself. During the presentation we were told that lifestyle collection was like "amazon for travel products." While they do sell some travel products, this is really mainly a travel agency.

We really want to take our kids on a trip to Disney World, but really enjoyed the resort we were at. So during the presentation I specifically asked if we could book a room for our whole family at a Disney property using one of the free weeks we were given. I was told if it was in the book, then we could. This book included EVERY Disney property. However, RCI doesn't actually have any resorts on Disney property, and with our "free" weeks we can't even book any of the rooms in Orlando because we don't have enough "trading power." whatever the hell that is. Of course, RCI tells you to call UVC and UVC tells you to call RCI. Looking further into it, we weren't able to book any decent looking property that we would want to visit with the weeks we were "gifted." This entire company lies to your face and promises you things that it has no control over. Unfortunately, I didn't do my research before signing up.

• Unlimited Vacation Club's response · Jan 08, 2020

Good morning Thank you for writing us. We are sorry about the experience. Please send us your member ID via private message and we will contact you as soon as possible; or call us to the following numbers: https://www.unlimitedvacationclub.com/Contact

[Resolved] failure to respond to our request for contract cancellation emailed and mailed in accordance with the contact

Contact # SM1-011859
signed: December 30, 2019 at 3:26 pm
Per the contract and Mexican Law we have 5 business days following the date of the signing of this to cancel and request a full refund of the down payment.
Notice of Cancellation send email address in the contact and via certified mail to the address listed on January 6, 2020 at 12:23 pm again at 4:38 pm and again on January 07, 2020 at 8:58 am. Our five business days does not expire until January 7th (January 1st is a national holiday). I have a log of all email sent to both the Mediator at [protected]@unlimited vacationclub.com and adm.[protected]@unlimitedvc.com along with a fax receipt to sent to GBS International in Miami.

Craig Duane Mathison
Stacy Lee Mathison

• Unlimited Vacation Club's response · Jan 08, 2020

[Resolved] not used membership contract # nl1-005625.

I was vacationing in Punta Cana/ Secrets, In October. Was pressured in this so call wonderful membership with all these benefits that they so call give, but all they do is give headaches. I have been trying to reach someone to help me in this matter and all I get is that someone will contact you 24-48 or 48-72 hours since December 18. No one has yet contacted me. I also email, and nothing. This has been so frustrating trying to get my 2402.00 back into my credit card. They are playing with peoples hard earned money. If I haven't used the membership how can they stay with my money. Yes I signed a contract but when I was at the introduction they told me I can cancel anytime with no penalties, no penalties means just that. I have been sick over this matter and haven't slept. It's disgusting how they run this company. They are liars and very deceitful.
My name is Julissa Quiles and my email is [protected]@aol.com
I hope you can help me with this matter.

RESOLVED

This matter has not been resolved. Im not sure how you got that info but Its a lie like everything else terrible company.

• Updated by Julissa Quiles · Jan 04, 2020

This is by far the a scam getting people vacationing to sign up for the so call great vacation packages that you can also share with your friends and family. They have you in this presentation for hours wasting almost a whole day to sell you something and take your money down payment. I have been trying to cancel my membership since Dec 18 2019 which I signed up for October. I have called, emailed and still no one has try to help me. All I I get is someone will contact you has not happened. I believe they take people's hard earn money which is sad. All I want is my money 2402.00 back for something I have not used. Please please give me my refund back.
    Photos I'm adding are my emails to them in which there response is someone will contact me or they see that I spoke to someone in which yes I have been calling everyday for someone to help me and nothing yet.

[Resolved] unethical, and deceptive sales tactics

NL1-005549/DEGEFU

Attention all victims including me, all unlimited vacation club scams and fraudulent activity, the mastermind of this drama committed by GBS INTERNATION INC. you need contact GBS international inc. since unlimited vacation club no license to operate. this company founded by GBS international inc. to scam Americans who travel oversees. no legal entity UVC in the USA. I lost 9560.00 on aug, 6 2019.

• Na
    nathan degefu Mar 05, 2020

I’ve already been contacted by representatives of UVC and they invited me to sue them in Panama. Don’t think that will be necessary, I’m pretty sure the US Federal Court System can handle this.

[Resolved] vacation scam and lies

After attending a 6 hour presentation, we signed a million page contract based on the WORDS we were told by 2 sales associates. We trusted them when they told us that there were NO blackout dates. We expressed our issues with traveling during non-holiday dates because we own 3 businesses. They PROMISED that there were NO blackout dates. We put down $13, 000 and made arrangements to make payments of $269/mo for the remaining balance of $13, 000!!! 3months later, we tried to book our first vacation for Christmas. We were told that we could not use our premium nights on holidays and they were blacked out.
After much frustration, we acquiesced and decided to book a Secrets week on Costa Rica in Feb. I just called to book and they said that hotel is 2 for one. Meaning that although I have 9 PAID nights, it would take 14 to book my week. I instantly began crying. Both times that I've called about a serious issue, they have informed me that it was "In The Contract".
After 6 hours and severe water poisoning, they handed us a million page contract to sign.
I asked VERY specific questions and was Flat Out Lied to. I just want my money back!!! Please!!'n

[Resolved] membership

We used Unlimited Vacation club for first time and it's terrible. It's a scam. They lie. We bought it cause we LOVE secrets. We will never use it again and never come back. You use it and they give you the worse room and they repeatedly lie to you. Learn from our mistake.
We offered to pay for upgrade. They drag you along each day the. They say oh sorry no rooms available. We spoke with manager and they are so rude. We alway got Nespresso in our room with membership. Regular small pot.

• Unlimited Vacation Club's response · Dec 18, 2019

[Resolved] gbs international inc.

NL1-005549/DEGEFU

Unlimited Vacation club operating without legal license in the USA. I lost 9649.00 USD down payment which was a sign I August 6, 2019, at the Dominican Republic, I have contacted my law firm and they've agreed to help me in filing a class-action lawsuit against the UVC and its affiliates( GBS INTERNATIONALINC.). If anyone would like to join me and a large number of others I have already got together, please reply.
We need to stop these people from ruining the many lives they have already destroyed, bankrupt and misled.
Thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you.

• Unlimited Vacation Club's response · Dec 03, 2019

Good morning. Thank you for contacting UVC. We are sorry to hear that. To provide proper assistance, please send your member ID through dm/ inbox. We thank you in advance for your patience. GK

• Updated by nathan degefu · Jul 06, 2020

I have contacted my law firm in Mexico and they've agreed to help me in filing a class-action lawsuit against the UVC and its affiliates.
    We need to stop these people from ruining the many lives they have already destroyed, bankrupt, and misled.
    Thank you and I look forward to from you.

[Resolved] unethical behavior and misleading sales tactics / (nl1 - 005549)

I have contacted my law firm and they've agreed to help me in filing a class - action lawsuit against...