Am Resorts / Unlimited Vacation Clubmisleading and lies - I know because I worked there

S

It's a scam. . . Do not purchase with this club! I went through training there and they teach you how to sell ''air''. The managers teaching us referred to this product as ''air'' and showed us how to sell ''air'' to clients! They sell a discount program. Members of unlimited vacation club receive 25% off hotel rooms, but if you go through expedia or any online travel service, you'll find cheaper rates than they can get you. The cost of this membership to stay at secrets, zoetry, now, dreams or any other am resorts is $50, 000 for a 50 year membership! If you continue to say ''no'' to the price, they will drop the price all the way down to $5, 000 for a 10 year membership! The more you say ''no'' the lower the price gets. It's all about the commissions to be made and their paychecks.

Am resorts / unlimited vacation club is a new company, just a few years old and it's the worst company i have ever worked for. I have been in the vacation industry for many, many years and i do own a vacation club membership, as well as a timeshare, but never would i buy anything from am resorts / unlimited vacation club. It's companies like this one who give vacation clubs and timeshares a bad name.

Many people complain about how timeshares and / or vacation clubs rip you off and don't work, but if you know how to use them properly, they definitely work. My husband and i, along with our family, have vacationed all over the place, including going to different countries, and i can honestly say that we would have never been able to go and stay in 2 or 3 bedroom suites if we didn't have our timeshare or vacation club membership. It's been great being able to travel and stay in luxury, but with am resorts / unlimited vacation club, to pay even $5, 000 upfront just for a 25% discount is crazy. They also use rci, the same exchange company we use, but to exchange my time to go someplace different, we pay $200. 00 and unlimited vacation club charges $549. 00 to make the exact same exchange! They rip you off in every which way they can and have no problem doing so. They don't have the consumers best interest in mind, only how much money the company will make.

The resorts that am resorts / unlimited vacation clubs have are absolutely beautiful, but to pay that kind of money to get only a 25% discount is ridiculous. If you do decide to join the club and find you have a problem, forget about it, you're on your own.

For the first time in my many years of being in the vacation industry, i had some problems with discrimination and defamation of character and i tried to resolve these problems by trying to contact the ceo of am resorts / unlimited vacation club, alejandro zozaya gorostiza, and after numerous emails and calls, i received no response at all from her. I also emailed numerous times with absolutely no response to the executive vice president, gonzalo del peon, the vice president of sales and marketing, collette baruth, and the senior director of sales, matthew mullen. These people in this company didn't even have the courtesy to respond to any of my emails just to see what was happening at the unlimited vacation club. It has been 2 weeks with no response from anyone. If they can't respond back to the people who make them money, do you really think they will respond back to you if you need some help? No, no and no!

There are so many timeshare and vacation clubs out there that have what am resorts / unlimited vacation club does not have like integrity, professionalism, compassion, and honesty. Do your research about the company before you ever give any company your hard earned money. If you go on a presentation and they say '' this offer is good for today only'' they are lying. You can go back anytime and receive the exact same package they offered you. They do that because they want to earn your business that day and for no other reason. This applies to both timeshares and vacation clubs. Even if they have you sign a paper stating you can not come back the next day, or any other day, and receive any of the first visit incentives, you can. Those papers are all bogus! They try and tell you it's a legal document and it is not.

So my advice to all of you is to stay clear from am resorts / unlimited vacation club. They are filled with empty promises and all they want is your money for purchasing ''air'' so they get a paycheck that week. Trust me, i worked there, but only for a few days. I quit after i saw how they were scamming the consumers.

Best of luck to everyone and happy vacationing:)

RESOLVED

• Unlimited Vacation Club's response · Feb 07, 2019

Hello Nic

We are sorry about the incovenience but this process is for your personal information security, is done in that way our customers are the most important for us. thank you for your comments.

If you have additional questions, you can contact us at [email protected]

• Unlimited Vacation Club's response · May 06, 2015

GarryM, We appreciate you offering to assist our Unlimited Vacation Club members however as we have informed you several times in the past we do have a dedicated customer service department that are more than capable and willing to clear up any doubts and/or complaints that our members may have.

• Unlimited Vacation Club's response · May 06, 2015

freddylaurent, we are sorry that you feel that way about Unlimited Vacation Club. We have on record that you cancelled your membership with a full refund in 2012 less than 5 days after purchasing. If you have had further issues that we can assist you with please send us a message and let us know.

• Unlimited Vacation Club's response · Sep 05, 2014

To all Unlimited Vacation Club members,

Please be advised that no official Unlimited Vacation Club staff member will ever request personal information other than your membership number. In order to avoid fraudulent offers and services we do not recommend that this information be provided to any external persons or companies. All official email addresses will always end in @unlimitedvc.com

For further information regarding the privacy notice of Unlimited Vacation Club please refer to the official webpage or www.uvcblog.com

• Mi
    Mike Boo Boo Aug 02, 2019

Yes, my wife and I feel we were "scammed" as well by all the exclusive discounts during the sales presentation, like getting almost any vacation around the world for about 30% of its standard market rate. "Exclusive" deals by the buying power and contract connects by UVC. Ha. Stand by for more news later. Just acquired 3 domain names to start a website for other scammed UVC consumers; will be posting form letters of all the agencies you can write to -- and hopefully they will thoroughly investigate on consumers behalf. I believe only through the power of the masses writing to the proper state and federal authorities can we potentially shut down a fraudulent machine. Thanks.

• Unlimited Vacation Club Aug 05, 2019

@Mike Boo Boo Good morning Thank you for writing us. We are sorry about the experience. Please send us your member ID through a private message and we will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you.

If you prefer, log into https://www.unlimitedvacationclub.com/Contact and select your country of residence from de box on the left, type your telephone number suitable time you wish to be called by one agent.

• Na
    Nathalia Portugal Jun 19, 2019

My husband and I are currently on our honeymoon and we’re invited to a presentation at Secrets Maroma through a AM RESORTS representative at the Cancun airport.

We attended today since I have stayed at Secrets and Dreams resorts multiple times and was interested in becoming a member of their unlimited club.

Unfortunately this has turned out to be a horrific experience for my husband and I.

We were presented with a package to become members by representative Israel, and after politely declining THE $52, 000 FEE and requesting to negotiate the price of the package, we were insulted and discriminated by this person.

ISRAEL HAD THE AUDACITY TO TELL US HE KNEW BY LOOKING AT US WE WERE NOT ABLE TO AFFORD IT. After several attempts to discuss other packages with him he simply got up and said we had only showed up for the gifts that are offered at the end of presentation. This is only a brief description of what has actually occurred. Words in this review cannot describe how demeaning and disrespectful this man was towards us.

This has been an awful situation and which has left us in shock. I will no longer choose this AM Resorts company to cater to our vacation needs and hope to inform others of how this experience has affected us.

We were offered two bottles of liquor, and $250 in excursion credits. WHICH WE ABSOLUTELY DECLINED.

I left Secrets Maroma in tears for the immoral conduct of ISRAEL of AM Resorts company and will ALWAYS ADVISE OTHERS TO STAY AWAY FROM A COMPANY THAT LACKS INTEGRITY AND RESPECT TOWARDS ITS CUSTOMERS.

• Unlimited Vacation Club Jun 20, 2019

@Nathalia Portugal We are sorry to hear that, your comments are very important to us.

Hello!

We will forward this information with the specific area.

If you have another doubt. Please contact us via private message.

Regards. GK

• Js
    Jsquires74 Jun 09, 2019

Not yet used the vacation club but I have concerns. I'd like to research how to get the most benifit from the vacation club we joined.

• Unlimited Vacation Club Jun 10, 2019

@Jsquires74 Good morning. Thank you for contacting UVC. We understand that you have a few questions about your membership. Please send your member ID through a private message and special request, we will contact you as soon as possible. We thank you in advice for your patience. As our reply may take up to 24 hours depending on the volume of calls. Thank you very much. GK

Sandrine Guilherme Apr 27, 2019

Unlimited vacation lied to me regarding my contract and created a credit card without my authorization. The staff were VERY RUDE when I tried to cancel. One hang up on my TWICE. DO NOT GO WITH THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE BAD AND JUST WANT YOUR MONEY.

• Unlimited Vacation Club Apr 29, 2019

@Sandrine Guilherme Hello Sandrine;

We are sorry to hear that. Please, could you tell us more information about the situation?

your comments are very important to us.

If you have additional questions, you can contact us at [email protected]

• Ni
    Nic51 Feb 03, 2019

I sat through this presentation and did not purchase. The primary reason for my decision was their outward refusal to furnish printed terms prior to a contract being presented at a signing table. The sales associate was insistent on running through all incentives and pricing verbally (hand written scribbles). HOWEVER, despite several requests to see written terms, they would NOT allow me to read anything in print. *I hope that others have not shared this same experience, as it was troubling for me to say the least.

The sales associate explained that we would discuss the terms, a contract would be drafted for my signing and only then could I see terms in black-and-white. I said, great! Draft the contract and indicated I would take it with me, review it and would revert back to them with my decision. I again was told I was not able to even see a contract until he finished explaining all the incentives (this was after nearly two hours of explanation). I let him finish, explained which package I would be interested in to review, again asked for the contract to take back to my room and mull over BUT was told that I could NOT leave the sales room with a contract. I said "okay that's fine, just give me your standard terms list in print, you must have each of the package terms outlined in a sales packet". The answer was they did not and I could not have one for review.

So no printed terms, nor contract until I agreed to some sort of closing BUT could have a legal representative (of their production) present during the signing.

I immediately got up to leave which they protested, insisting that I MUST sign-out before going. I explained that I did not need/want their incentive gifts (I assume the necessity for signing out was part of their commission structure).

I'm sure this program may be suitable for some (not quite sure who), but it became clear very quickly that none of the verbally promised terms (discounts, upgrades, freedom of travel dates, other) were guaranteed, nor the probable outcome. At best they were possibilities, just like the fantasy of luxury they are selling.

If they were confident in their ability to produce what they offered, they would produce written packages, provide contracts for review. Further, their payment structure shows they have no real belief in their ability to produce what they offer. Why have parties pay almost entirely up front on an alleged 40-year package. If they believed in the product or their ability to actually produce what they verbally promise they would grant you a trial period, or allow you to cancel with a refund within a reasonable time-frame (they could even retain funds for amounts used). Absent a showing of misrep/fraud (or other inducement) it may not be possible to get a refund on funds already furnished, as I'm certain that their contract (that I was not allowed to see/read) clearly indicates that they in no way can assure that you will receive any single benefit they promise verbally. It is only a "club" after all. For those of you who were not presented with full contracts for signing, consider yourself lucky as I imagine that may be the only real way out in some circumstances.

For those of you who purchased and our enjoying the program, I am glad. However, I do not think most of the people who are sold on this have a real understanding of what it is they are agreeing to. Forcing someone into signing a contract without being able to consult with their own financial or legal advisors is extremely concerning; the fact this is done under the guise they will be receiving full/complete representation along with the fact that some are under the influence of alcohol prior to signing is even more concerning. For a loved brand, this behavior is beyond questionable. Buyer beware of "clubs", I imagine the structure around these things is still very foggy.

**this is a statement of opinion only and should not be used for any other purpose**

• As
    Ashley Green-Fagan Jan 13, 2019

I’ve been with UVC for four years and the complaints on this forum are not at all congruent with my experience. You have to know how to use the program in order for it to work. I keep very meticulous records regarding the prices we pay for our hotel and airfare compared to expedia, travelocity etc. and we have saved between $200 and $1, 000 on our vacations. 25% is the minimum that you save - its usually more if you book hotels with the specials that they offer. We stay at the all inclusive hotels and they are high quality resorts that are well worth the money. We have been upgraded (once to ocean front when we booked a tropical view) on about 70% of our stays. Typically we book on a special during low season in the Caribbean for a cheap rate and then we use free days during high season to make it affordable. They also have awesome last minute getaways at high quailty hotels as well if you want to take a weekend trip. Its worth it to call the 1-800 number and speak to your concierge to review the program after you buy into it. My complaint is that you are inundated with too much info at the initial meeting. My second complaint is that they want you to do a membership update annually to try to convince you to upgrade your membership. It always takes longer than 90 min. I’m happy with my membership as is. It works for me.

• Cd
    Cdjackets Dec 17, 2018

I don’t know if we were scammed by the same company or not 360 Getaway Dream Vacations. If so we would like to be a part of the suit. Thank you [email protected]

• Vi
    Vita&Joe Nov 21, 2018

If there is a class action suit ...we wouldlove to join as well.

ALEX SALMASSI Nov 14, 2018

I had a problem and they management fix it..Thanks to Unlimited Vacation..

• Nd
    NDC1 Oct 27, 2018

Could work for some if you are flexible with travel dates, but for most you will probably feel like you have been SCAMMED.

We understand that AMResorts and Unlimited Vacation Club (UVC) was founded by Alejandro Zozayain who now serves as CEO of AMR's parent company, Apple Leisure Group, Pennsylvania. Gonzalo del Peón who lives in Philadelphia is the President of both AMResorts and Unlimited Vacation Club by AMResorts .

However, they have been very clever in how they have structured their companies with UVC being registered off shore as a limited liability company in Anguilla, British West Indies. They also state in their Contract that it will be governed by the “laws of the Dominican Republic”. After contracts are entered into all service and management is done through an American company - GBS International also known as Unlimited Vacation Club (UVC) registered with the State of Florida.

Send a cancellation letter in writing to UVC ASAP.

Anyone that feels that they have been scammed by UVC can make a complaint to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services ("DACS) at1-[protected]. However, there is probably very little that they can do as GBS International will more than likely say that they are just a contracted company for UVC.

If the contract was entered into in Mexico it will fall under Mexican law. Their law states that consumers have 5 days in which to cancel a contract. You may contact the Federal Consumer Protection Agency PROCECO via email: [email protected]

Time is your ally. Visa and Mastercard both have a 14 day cancellation window. If UVC does not honor this you can request a charge back through the credit card company. This information can be found in the merchant agreement rules booklet. Do your research.

Don’t be duped by the UVC reps. They will lie, bully and try to intimidate you. Let them know you know what you are talking about and tell as many people as possible. Good luck.

• Ba
    bankalanka Oct 02, 2018

And we as well! We would love to join the lawsuit too. Any suggestion if we can simply stop the monthly payments? Thanks in advance: [email protected]
    Any suggestion is welcome how to proceed against them.

• Wa
    WALTER 1964 Sep 18, 2018

DIRTY SELLING BY SERVING ALCOHOL 6 HOURS OF HIGH PRESSURE OVER CHARGED CREDIT CARD 6 MONTHS AGO STILL WAITING FOR REFUND

• Co
    CorinneT Sep 18, 2018

UVC claims I missed a payment. However, after providing an official bank letter and bank statement stating this was not the case, they continue to harass me with emails, Phone calls and late fees. A supervisor has not called me or is available when I call.

• La
    lanjo Sep 01, 2018

Scam.. They need to have a full review on what they promised to their clients.. SCAM.. SCAM..SCAM..

• La
    LauranFloyd Aug 02, 2018

Please add me too. My husband and I were scam. Our story sound the same. my email address is [email protected] We need to move forward with a class action suit. This is a terrible way to loose our hard earn money.

• Fl
    Flewelling Jul 29, 2018

My wife and I are in the same boat. UV use unethical business procedures / ploys especially in dealing with seniors

Add us to any class action.

email is [email protected]

Brian in Canada

• Km
    km5485 Jun 27, 2018

we were also scammed !!! I have disputed all charges done on my initial credit card. I would like to know what can they honestly due legally ? ! if I contacted to cancel and no one has assisted me or even responded back.

Mani1111 Jun 20, 2018

We just bought Silver Pearl. They sold 4 RCI platinum weeks. We are planning to use it book a hotel in Hawaii this December. how many weeks do we need to deposit to stay in a nice hotel in Hawaii. How powerful are the bonus RCI weeks UVC gives ?

Could anyone tell me the member prices they are currently seeing for Secrets The Vine and Zoetry Jamaica ? IT would really help us to decide if we want to keep the membership or cancel. I know they exaggerated the discounts during the sales but just wanted to see if we save anything which makes sense to us. We bought it instead of paying off high interest credit card. Thanks

• Mo
    Movado Jun 19, 2018

I got trick into this last week it’s a scam they got me drunk on tekila and champagne and got me on a 5 year deal for 3500 I’m trying to cancel my membership and they refusing I already called RCI and canceled the credit card now they telling me I owe them 1000 dollars wich I’m not going to pay I’m going to fight this to the end It’s a Scam.

Johnna Garrido Pearson Jun 01, 2018

Can someone please offer a good review? I really don’t want to cancle, because I know two people who love their membership . We paid 11k 100% upfront on a CC, we purchased the pearl and get two Free weeks plus two vip booking weeks with no black out dates for just those two weeks. My friend has had his contract for four years and goes about three times a year. He said the membership has already paid for its self .

Lester Cumberbatch Apr 23, 2018

My only comment on the blog is the stupidity of the people for not reading your contracts, and allowing themselves to be pressured and not say no to the sales agents. I know it's hard to say no with someone pressuring you over and over again with promises, but you have to stick to your guns when dealing with sales agents in ANY industry. I agree with someone's post that if you travel 3 or more times a year and like staying at AM resorts, I think the package is pretty decent. For me, I paid 3, 000 for a UVC "choice" membership that only last 3 years, but that's a good way for me to try it out. I only put down 900 dollars. I was given 7 premier nights. The free 7 premiere nights by itself takes care of the 3000 membership cost, because prior to me buying the UVC membership, my wife and I stayed at Secrets St James, and Zoetry in Mexico, and Zoetry in Montego Bay, Jamaica, and believe me, the average cost of those trips was [protected]. Now mind you, each of those trips was for only 4 nights, but it did include airfare. For now, not only do I get a free 7 night trip to an AM resort(if I don't use the 2 nights for 1 ), but after that, I get at least a 25% discount when I book a trip to any AM resort. I've went on other sites like Booking.com, Tripadvisior.com, Cheap Carribean.com, and no matter what those other websites charge for their packages, UVC is always 25 percent cheaper and that's just a fact, and if the other sites charge more, UVC will match it, so now I want anyone here to tell me if what I purchased was a scam and tell me how it was a scam??

• Ka
    k anne Nov 06, 2017

Of course timeshares are scams. Watch queen of Versailles and you will see the ugly truth of it all in the documentary . Why do people still fall for them . They brag that they pick on the poor and uneducated which further insults the innocent people who have been taken for a ride .
    No time share is worth the money

• De
    DesBez Aug 15, 2017

We had a nightmare when we signed up for UVC while on honeymoon in Riviera Maya last month (July 2017). The director of UVC sales wouldn't let us cancel and even said we had waived our right to cancel which was really upsetting and risked ruining our honeymoon and the start of our lives together as husband and wife! Thankfully we have been released from our contract and can now laugh about an almost very expensive lesson learnt. If anyone is having trouble with UVC or any other timeshare for that matter and wants out, I highly recommend you immediately contact Ben at TSTransfer on [email protected] or +[protected]

• Dj
    djackie Sep 18, 2017

@DesBez Hi, I was wondering how you were released from your contract? And was this after your 5-day "cooling period"?

• Cl
    Clarity in #'s Aug 11, 2017

Greetings All. There is a lot of emotions and anger on these pages towards UVC, but I am not seeing any math in support. I also noticed a lot of important and pertinent information that is missing with the comments, that would help others decide for themselves, in a fair manner. All of the facts should be given if you are going to definitively paint someone, or a company in a bad light.
    Please stop beating yourselves up. UVC is not a scam, it is just not a fit for everyone. If you love to travel, love to stay in a luxurious all inclusive resorts and spend more than $5000 a year on vacations, then UVC may work for you. Like any other club in the world, you have to love what the club offers and abide by the clubs bylaws.
    Before I signed to be a member, I read all 49 pages of my contact, and UVC has lived up to all in the contract. Rest assured that they are dishonest sales people in many organizations who verbally slant the facts to make a sale, and unfortunately that makes it bad for some of us. Similar to buying a used car. The contract is your truth. If you do not like it, walk away.
    FACT: You DO get the lowest price for accommodations at any AmResorts by being a member. The difference is when air fare is added. Depending on where you live, you may not have access to a direct flight to the resort of choice. This may give an advantage to a vacations charter company when air and hotel are combined. With the air advantage, their prices can be lower that booking with UVC and Air separately. I live in an area where I can only get direct flights from Dec to April. During those months booking directly with the airline and UVC, I have always gotten a better price than with any other agency. I also get a better price when I book in Low season for the hotels in tropical resorts [mid august to mid october]. On average we save $600 to $2, 500 per vacation, depending on seat sales and resorts accommodations chosen. We vacation for 10 days, 3 times a year.
    At the current savings, I will have paid for my membership after 6 to 9 vacations.
    If you cannot get a good air deal, then the program will not work for you, and chartered vacations will generally be cheaper.
    FACT: You are prepaying you vacations and to get 25% discount on accommodations. I do not know of any resort that allows you to stay for a vacation without paying upfront or at least have a credit card that they pre authorize to the amount needed for the stay. If you are paying for your vacation in monthly installments, then you only get what you have paid for. If you paid in full, then all you primier nights would be available.
    If you purchase a Silver contract for $20, 000.00 that may have entitled you to 35 premier nights, 3 vip weeks, next room level upgrade, 1500 in Lifestyles collections credits, free for 2 yrs, 2 RCI certificates approximately $219. the above numbers depend on year of membership, and how you negotiated. Example: if you were to stay at Secrets The Vine between January 1 to April 2018, the daily rate is around $700 per day for 2 people. Secrets the Vine is a 2 for 1 property with regards to premier nights and VIP weeks.
    At Secrets The Vine, your 35 premier nights becomes 17.5 nights. 17.5 nights x $700 (average daily stay for 2 people)=$12, 250.00 value if booking on resort web site.
    At Secrets The Vine, your VIP weeks become 1.5 weeks or 10.5 nights. 10.5 nights x $700 (average daily stay for 2 people)=$7, 350.00 value if booking on resort web site.
    At Secrets The Vine, your upgrade to the next room level would cost you $40 per night. 17.5 premier nights + 10.5 VIP nights= 28 nights. [28 nights $40 per night upgrade]=$1, 120.00 value if booking on resort web site. Upgrade may not be available so used for illustration of potential costs. $12, 500.00 + $7, 350.00 + $1, 120.00=$20, 970.00 value if booking on resort web site.
    Your membership give you a 25% discount from the best available accommodation rate on the web or travel agency or travel site. =$5, 242.50
    $20, 970.00 (value if booking on resort web site) - $5, 242.50 (25% members discount) =$15, 547.50 or $14, 427.50 if upgrade is not available.
    If you purchased a Silver contract for $20, 000.00 in full, you are given back $15, 547.50 in Value, leaving you $4, 452.50 to make up over the next 30 plus years. If you only take one vacation a year and are able to save $1, 000.00 per vacation, you will have paid for your membership in 5 vacations.
    Yes you are married to AMResorts, however they now have over 55 properties and hopefully many more in the years to come.
    HINT: buy you vacations on Black Friday to Cyber Monday. I found those days to be the best for pricing for winter vacations. At lease in the north part of the country. Also the email specials to try new resorts are a money savers if it does not cost too much to fly to the resort.
    Please do not beat yourself up if you have made UVC purchase. It is not a scam. Just ask a lot of questions and make sure the answer you wanted to hear is in the contract. We have been fortunate to have 5 years of fantastic vacations at AMResorts.
    Remove the emotions and see the clarity in the numbers. If they work for you, then you are set. Wishing you all a fantastic Vacations.

• Li
    Lisa DeCuire Aug 06, 2017

Yes, this company is a rip-off, and the more I have read over these comments, I am so disappointed that my husband and I(and others) were scammed in this way. This is disgraceful for a company(of people) to do this. I had contacted them because we joined, while on vacation which is something that we see, should never be done without research, but the employees are trained to take advantage of travelers(consumers) in this manner. I contacted both the company and the BBB in Florida, which is a joke. And, someone from the company did contact me(UVC), telling me that we would be in "breach of contract, " which could ruin one's credit. And, as someone else said, the company has a office in Florida but seems as though it is an "International Company." We signed at a lower interest rate, because I did not think that we had any other option, as I was surely made to feel this way by a "Rep" in the Quality Assurance Dept.

Has anyone filed any type of lawsuit or is aware of options in terms of a class action law suit??? The person who contacted the "Attorney General's" Office, which city/state are you in, perhaps you can share any general information that you have. This is truly a scam, and we have not even used the membership, but can tell that it is a scam now that I have had time to think about it, research it, process it, and read you all's comments. My email address:

[email protected]

• Dj
    djackie Jul 29, 2017

Has anyone tried to cancel their membership after the 5 day cooling period but have not paid a single dime to them yet? I'm trying to cancel my membership after doing some more research and don't know where to start? Will cancelling the transaction from my credit card clear it all or is there a whole list of process I have to do before my membership is officially cancelled?

• Uv
    UVC Scams May 04, 2017

Beware "Unlimited Vacation Club Offer"” A BIG SCAM, NOTHING BUT LIE AFTER LIE. I HAVE PHONE RECORDINGS YOU CAN LISTEN TOO. I WILL PUT THEM ONLINE TO SEE HOW MUCH THEY LIE AND SCAM PEOPLE. KEEP YOUR MONEY IN YOUR POCKET...RUN FROM THEM. DO NOT LET THEM TALK YOU OUT OF NOT EVEN A 100 DOLLARS.

lesley and don Mar 29, 2017

can anybody let us know if they got their money back? so scammed here

• Br
    Brandi Hatfield Jun 13, 2018

@lesley and don I am interested in know this too, we were scammed

lesley and don Mar 29, 2017

we just got scammed also.I feel so upset about being so dumb !!! please email us at [email protected] We have been looking into a lawyer

• St
    Still Pale Mar 26, 2017

Sat for the three hour tour, which took 4 . Don't bother. You lock in to save 25 % (only in off times). You have to take every vacation at an AMResort even the desperate three year offering was not enough to get me to sign up. To even conceder this you have to be a person who can afford to go on a vacation like that every year or more. But I did get a free hat, cup, bag and towel . LOL just had to give away four hours of my holiday time I paid to have. Hard sell for sure but I never buy till I can research a thing. They could save themselves a lot of hate by just handing out a information pack without the pressure.

• Jr
    jreyesv Feb 09, 2017

Hello, we are from Chile and we were also cheated by Unlimited Vacations Club.

In December of 2015 we stayed in Hotel Now Larimar in Dominican Republic and we were pressured to attend a presentation of the Holiday Club "Unlimited Vacations Club". In this presentation we were offered a membership in the club, with many benefits and values ​​of very attractive accommodations, we were served champagne, loud music and pressed us to the extreme for more than 4 hours, finally ending up signing.
    We thought that everything was fine, until we tried to make use of the benefits and to quote accommodations for our vacations this year, where the benefits were extinguished, the periods requested are not available and the preferred values ​​offered were never real, on the contrary, we It is advisable to buy vacation packages from Chile at lower values ​​than what is charged by UVC.
    Based on the above, we need to cancel the contract with UVC and recover our money, but they threatened us with fines and on collection costs that increase the debt to very high values.
    We appreciate your support and advice to solve this UVC scam and recover our money.
    Inquiries:
    .- Someone has managed to cancel the contract.
    .- It is advisable to give non-payment order to the remaining installments of my credit card.
    Thank you.

Marcos L. Jul 27, 2018

@jreyesv could you manage to cancel the membership? We re from chile too.

lesley and don Mar 29, 2017

@jreyesv did you get anywhere? so stressed out

Main man Feb 06, 2017

Wife and I bought into the program while at breathless in cancun, yet I'm feeling apprehensive about it after reading reviews. I did the math, and the numbers are in favor of us, but you must travel and use it. I dont know why everyone isnt posting their plans and total costs, it would at least help everyone figure out a price point since you have to negotiate that heck out of them...Here's the deal I negotiated after saying no thanks a few times.

26k fee- 30yr silver membership w/unlimited booking - no pre-pay penalty- 9% rate
    850 closing cost
    3, 000 signing bonus credits
    1, 500 RCI bonus credits
    35 free resort nights- this was the biggest perk
    840 exchage weeks via RCI
    3 nights to an upgraded/preferred room
    2 bottles of champagne ($140 per bottle)- they threw this in
    $350 in SPA money and $200 excursion

I regret not bringing these reviews to the sales persons attention as I was consumed with the math and breaking even on the investment. I'm not taking any sides, just very interested in the other's dealings.

I have 1 more day to withdraw from the contract as I am in day 4 currently. Not sure what to do.

• Ro
    Robert Brennert Dec 29, 2016

I had stayed at the Secrets St James and loved it so much I booked another trip to another Secrets, but that time, Secrets Marquis. Both were so wonderful that we decided to buy into UVC. From my point of view, with two free weeks and one other week at $1500 in the package, we'll just about break even. We bought Pearl level, no travel during holiday times, but we knew that going in. We will need a couple more trips to make it break even and we're heading out Dreams Riviera Cancun in Feb 2017 (for a week). After that we think we'll save about $500 or more per trip. For this upcoming trip, we took advantage of their promo price of $200 for the room. Online prices of the same room were in the $400 range. We booked on the UVC website. So you can save money, but you may have to compromise a bit and play the game. You're not likely to get great prices for high demand properties like Secrets Maroma or Wild Orchid. Our disappointment in the club is lack of upgrades. We have not had one yet, but then we know it's subject to availability. Perhaps some day (but not in high season right?) So far we we've only had one "not so good" experience. That was Secrets Huatulco. The service level was disappointing. The resort was however beautiful. I can say we enjoyed our free time at Secrets Capri.

The value of the club is there if you do a bit of work to make sure you get the best value, otherwise you pay very much close to tour prices. I'm not sure I'd call UVC a scam. Sure some sales reps might feed you some lines; write the promises down. Then, if you're worried about what that say is true, ask them to point it out in the contract... Each one, the exact section that defines it. Then read it yourself. Do that. If you have any questions feel free to E-mail me bbrennert @shaw. ca.

• De
    Demon Tweak Dec 06, 2016

Ugh, We are victims too. After trying desperately to use this for the last 5 years, we are giving up. I'm temped book a trip and dump several bottles of booze in the pool but all that will do is ruin someone else's vacation. I would be interested in adding our name to a class action lawsuit. I guess it comes down to buyer beware. I could go on with details but we are like all the rest. Regular travellers and wary of time shares. It's very disappointing as I truly do like their properties and have stayed at several.

The other tactic would be to print up some t-shirts about it being a scam and wear them in the lobby on your next trip! Just a Thought
    Mike in Calgary

• To
    Tommy ramjattan Nov 19, 2016

These people are thieves and scammers. Im trying to cancell this stupid contract now since July. Run around and lies. Give me back my money..You cannot get great airfare or rooms unless they send you something on sale or a special, Ive tried and this company sucks. I contacted the NYS Attorney general's office and discussed thier Predatory practices. These people are lucky they dint drive some one to cause harm to them judging from all the complaints..

• Sg
    sgross2000 Nov 18, 2016

I would love to get out of my membership. Let me know if anyone has had any luck

ALEX SALMASSI Sep 21, 2016

I had a problem and they have help me..Thanks..No war..

ALEX SALMASSI Sep 10, 2016

I have been also scam in Huatulco...I went to Secrets and went to this scam champagne breakfast wheie they make you drink and tell you lies and paid $8000 and a balance of $19000.. They told me I will never pay more$199 in per week and even I can USE THEIR YACH JUST BY BUYING FUEL ..Nothing was true..I am disputing the charge with my bank and even if I had to spend money I will take them in every court possible...they will PAY FOR THAT ..

• Sm
    SMB1243 Jun 21, 2016

I can't add much to what everyone else has said other than to say I totally agree. We paid to go to a nice resort and when we got there we were encouraged to listen to their sales pitch. The indicated that we would receive two free trips (which wasn't the case) and that we would receive access to RCI and could go on a trip through RCI for $125 first year. Nothing happened. The trips are extremely expensive and seem to cost more using their service than if I booked it through a travel agent. We lost a considerable amount of money like everyone else. I wish someone would start a class action suit against them. They keep claiming they aren't a time share. They are right about that. At least a time share gives you something of value.

• Or
    Orlando Sorto Jun 02, 2016

I just signed a contract with them in Cancun and like you I am being threatened with 50% penalty for canceling 5 days later. I am curious about your case. Was it resolved? If so, What was the outcome?