[Resolved] Unlimited Vacation Clubcancellation of membership

G Review updated:

My wife and I vacationed at Cancun, Mexico from April 1st to April 5th, 2015 . At April 4th we attended a presentation at Secret The Vine Resort in Cancun owned by Unlimited Vacation Club. We were told about a lot of benefits of becoming a member of Unlimited Vacation Club. We signed a contract of $21, 900 and paid $6740.74 on the spot. When we returned to the U.S and studied in detail the contract, we found it doesn't suit us. For example, the contract period is 25 years long, but my wife and I are almost 70 years. Under Mexican Law( the contract was signed in Mexico), these timeshare/vacation club contracts have a mandatory 5 day right to cancel the contract. So on April 7th, 2015 we sent a notice of cancellation to them. We also sent on the same day letters of cancellation to The Secret the Vine Resort in Cancun where we singed the contract and Profeco in Cancun, Mexico. All these letters were priority mail with tracking numbers. But we got no response. Later we called their office in Miami, Florida and asked them to cancel our membership. The asked us to send in the copies of Priority mail and letters of cancellation. On April 13th, we faxed and e-mailed all the materials they requested, and asked them to cancel our membership. Then we emailed them several times to ask about the status. But they just ignored us.

RESOLVED

• Unlimited Vacation Club's response · Oct 09, 2019

Thank you for writing us. We are sorry about the experience. Please send us your member ID through email: [email protected] and we will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you.

If you prefer, log into https://www.unlimitedvacationclub.com/Contact and select your country of residence from de box on the left, type your telephone number suitable time you wish to be called by one agent.

• Al
    alex salmassi Jun 20, 2016

I was in Huatulco Mexico...And same than anyone else's they have make me drunk and lied to me to collect $26000...I will have the pleasure with my credit card company and my attorney to stop this Scams.All was lies...For Example they told me I can use a yacht and just pay the fuel ...They do not have one...They told me the max amount per room per week is $199..Just lies...And the sales man took $600 under the table dash to try to give me a better price of member...She stole my money...Call me 832-7850897...Before you deal with this liars and abusers..

• Ml
    mlandler Mar 13, 2017

@alex salmassi Hi Alex,

I just tried calling you but no answer. We just got swindled into buying this last week in Punta Cana. We are out 8000 on our deposit thus far and want to know if there are any successful ways you know of to get that back.

Give me a call sometime 773-339-6143 so we can discuss strategy. thanks
    Matt

• My
    MYOB66 Feb 26, 2017

Why on every complaint you say you can not get in touch with writer?? Why is that every answer? i wrote and i am waiting for a reply i left meemail address so you will have no way of saying you can't contact me . i am waiting by the email every day,

• Li
    Lisaslookout Aug 28, 2017

Same thing happened to my husband and I THIS IS A SCAM AND I HAVE READ HUNDREDS OF REVIEWS SAYING THE SAME THING! We need to get the word out to so many people being taken advantage of!!

Shalan May 30, 2018

@Lisaslookout Please contact me, we were robbed by this company too. Shalan 267 7773298

• De
    Debra66 Jan 13, 2020

@Shalan Shaman please contact me Debra66 @ [email protected]

• Ab
    Abington Aug 29, 2017

Unlimited Vacation Club is misleading, sales people, they don't know what they are talking about, lie about everything, promising all the benefits but don't talk about things that are hidden under, I requested to cancel mine and request for refund, they don't care. I am beyond frustrating how to deal with this, how to get my money back. Wish there is someone to help me. - J. Downing

• Ju
    [email protected] Jan 27, 2018

Hello, of course, my wife and I were scammed the same way. We purchased a vacation plan and put down a payment of $3000. We have not used any of the services and we have not made our first-month payment. What we are trying to find out is how does this effect your credit if you refuse to make further payments.

Mandy Stewart Oct 29, 2019

@[email protected] Hi I know ur post is 1yr old but I would like to know if u managed to cancel your membership with uvc and did your credit get affected by not paying me and my husband paid the same deposit as you we have not used any of our benefits and have decided to cancel as the prices we have been quoted are far more than we were initially told they would be I have been told that we would have to pay 50% of total membership to cancel which would be £9000 we are really really stressed please if u have any advise my email is [email protected] my name is mandy

• Ki
    Kimberly Norton Feb 28, 2018

Has anyone been able to cancel/dissolve contract or get a refund?

Shalan May 30, 2018

@Kimberly Norton No but I am trying, we need to get this place exposed to the public. Im Shalan My email is [email protected] please contact me

• Ri
    rickd3171 Mar 22, 2018

any help with cancel unlimited vacations club.

Shalan May 30, 2018

@rickd3171 No but we need to keep trying we also need to expose this company to the media, please contact me [email protected]

• Ol
    Olivecat15 Sep 11, 2019

@Shalan Same deal. Still here. I bought it on 9/4/2019. Should read first feedbacks

• Su
    Sugarlips7 Dec 28, 2019

@Olivecat15 Hi we recently fell for this scam too do you have any feedback yet how to get out of this?

• @Sugarlips7 Hi Sugarlips

Good morning.

Thank you for contacting UVC. We are sorry for any inconvenience. Your opinion is very important to us. Please send us your member ID and phone number via inbox. Regard. GK

WE NEED TO STICK TOGETHER AND EXPOSE THIS COMPANY TO THE PUBLIC NOW

Jamie Sewell Aug 10, 2018

We were suckered in when we visited the Dreams Resort in the Riviera Maya for our 35th wedding Anniversary in 2013.
    We did not realize anything until it was way to late, and have since paid off the amount owed, however we of course have the yearly maintenance fees, which I have not paid for this year yet, they keep emailing me though. We have never ever used this timeshare Once not even with the free certificates or anything. When it came down to it it was cheaper to do an apple all-inclusive or what have you than going through them. I want to know can we get out of this when we only own the yearly maintenance fees? I cant afford a lawyer, is there anyway to do this your self??

• Do
    Dopeoplereadanymore Oct 20, 2018

People are angry because they don't understand what the membership is and how to use it. I made sure before I signed any paperwork that what the salesman promised us was what was exactly in our contract. You actually have to take vacations regularly (2 or more a year) in order for the UVC membership to make sense both economically and in benefit. If you only take a vacation every couple of years or so then this is not for you. Just took a 10 day vacation and paid 0 extra..yes Zero dollars extra to uvc. I say zero extra because they were the "Free" nights that came with our membership and they give you more nights as you pay your contract. Technically they aren't "free" they are prepaid. Have 18 nights lefts and will absolutely use them. However we recieved and enjoyed the preferred room upgrade and preferred access that normal bookings dont get unless you pay a premium,
    check the preferred or "club" room prices ( Kayak, travelocity..etc). Plus they stand by their 25% below cheapest rate if you find it. We are all adults so shame on you for not understanding the totality of what you're getting yourself into and them crying like a child to strangers on the internet. For instance, if you go to France and its illegal to spit in the street and you get arrested for spitting in the street then you cry and say you didnt know it was illegal, shame on you for not knowing. Same rules apply here. Would you buy a house or car without reading the fine print of what it is you are actually getting and the cost? I think not. Everything the salesman said was right there in my contract in black and white and I made damn sure of it or they weren't getting a penny. Its call due dilligence folks.. Read before you sign and if you dont understand ask questions or walk away if you're uncomfortable!

• Ga
    Gail Kemeliotis Feb 22, 2019

@Dopeoplereadanymore I wholeheartedly agree! We've been members for almost 5 years and have always been happy with our membership and the service we receive. As a matter of fact, we just upgraded our membership last month while in Jamaica!

• Pa
    Pastor B. Legins Nov 14, 2018

My husband and I signed up, September 2018, we have also sent a letter to cancel our membership, no reply. What is it going to take? Has any one ever gotten a positive outcome? [email protected]

Andrew Go Dec 28, 2018

@Pastor B. Legins I did the same but cancelled two days later at the resort and they acknowledged receipt of my cancellation letter by signing a copy of it. They said “100% you will get your 25% deposit back in a couple of weeks”. I had to pay for some benefits received which was fair. Do you think I’ll see my money again? Please email me at [email protected]
    Thanks

• Er
    Erin He May 24, 2019

@Andrew Go Hi Andrew, my family and I just bought into the membership on May 21, 2019 and found out it was a scam. We are going to submit our cancellation request tomorrow. We are wondering if you have received your money back? Do you have any advice for us? Please email me at [email protected] Your response is greatly appreciated.

• Gi
    Giovaana Silva Jul 08, 2019

@Erin He Were you able to cancel you’re membership?

• Pa
    Pastor B. Legins Nov 14, 2018

We would like to know if anyone has had a positive outcome

• Me
    Melissa19791 Aug 26, 2019

What are the repercussions for stopping payments for the UVC contract? I have paid $6K already and I ended up cancelling my credit card as there was no way to put a stop payment on the withdrawals.

Are there any legal consequences in Canada?

• Bi
    Binh_Binh Aug 27, 2019

@Melissa19791 I cancel them 2 weeks after my contract date and it was successful... if you still need the help i could be contact [email protected]

• Ol
    Olivecat15 Sep 11, 2019

@Binh_Binh rn15pausa. Hi Melissa. I would love to hear your steps for cancellation. I’m still here in Mexico. Signed on 9/4/2019. It’s to pity, I should read this before. They lied to me: said there is no cancellation policy, nothing been said about annual fee ets. My email @gmail.com. Please, HELP. ELENA.

• Je
    Jennifer Hilaman Oct 16, 2019

@Binh_Binh Hi Melissa, my husband and I just bought a membership on October 10th 2019. Just like everyone said we got shucked in signing a contract. When we got home Oct 11th I was curious and went on line to find out about people experience on UVC. To find out all the bad reviews about this company. How can I get out of this? I'm sick of my stomach after reading so many bad reviews. If I cancel my credit card would be in my credit report if I don't continue paying. I payed $3300.00. Still owe 7000. I would really appreciate any feedback.
    Thanks! Jen.

• Al
    Alex Quinn Nov 20, 2019

@Binh_Binh Hi i would greatly appreciate any help you have on how to cancel. Thank you in advance!
    Alex

• Bi
    Binh_Binh Aug 27, 2019

Hello everyone, hope everyone doing well. Check out site mescam.com for additional help.. wish you all luck

• Ga
    GANANSIA Sarah Sep 13, 2019

Hi everyone, like all of you, we want To cancel our membership. We signed on December 18. They lied to us. Thank you for your help. My email [email protected]

• Wo
    Woman Oct 08, 2019

I would like to share my personal horrible experience with UVC. Hopefully this will help others to be careful before they sign any contract, especially when company is registered in the country that USA laws protecting consumers are not applicable (like UVC in Dominican Republic).
    In 2016, I stayed in the Secrets of the Vine resort in Cancun with my family. I was approached by the vacation club representative, who asked me if he can talk to me for 20-30 min about great services that they can offer. After several hours in the cold air- conditioned room ( I was in the swimming suite coming for 20-30 min chat) surrounded by 4 different men who were pressuring me to sign for the services, I was forced to sign an agreement. No time was given to me to discuss the offer with my family and I was not informed that there is a 3 days cancellation possibility. I was told that the package was customized to my unique needs and that I have one in a life time opportunity for the exceptional services and with unique rates if I pay for everything in full.. " Everything" was outlined on one paper sheet that magically disappeared when I Pad was brought to me for signatures. I was not given an opportunity to read everything carefully.
    Upon my return to USA, almost every week I got a call or e mails from Vacation Club membership, with various ridiculous offers. Numerous time I asked not to bother me, because I am very busy; I said that I will call when I need services. No matter what I tried to do (block caller ID, speak with supervisor… )...my privacy was not respected.
    Eventually I decided to take a trip to the Zoestry resort in Cancun using 7 free nights that I have in agreement. Twice when I was trying to book, I was told that there are no rooms available, and that I can only use 2 nights for 1 ( something that was not explained to me). I was told that Secrets Playa Mujeres, is next to the best, and they have some rooms Available, but for 7 nights for I still can't use 7 free nights and need to purchase rooms . Only then I was explained that what unlimited club offer is : 25 % off hotel regular room rates...again this is something that was not explained to me when I was forced to sign agreement. Only then I also discovered that my package is just a basic and cheapest package . I was also told that headquarters of UVC are in Mexico and not in USA.
    I decided to go back to Cancun in 2017 to deal in person with the UVC team. Upon my arrival I was trying to make an appointment with the team who signed me for the membership ...they were literally avoiding me...upon numerous calls and requests ….one of them, Carlos came to talk to me…. told me that he will get back to me next day when he will speak with manager. He disappeared from the resort for the length of my stay …. I was told that he had family emergency and will not come to work. …The others refused to talk to me and told me that decision regarding my contract can be only made by Miami headquarters …. Actually, company is registered in Dominican Republic where neither USA or Mexico rules on customers protection apply.
    Eventually, after my return to USA, my case was assigned to the quality assurance person who was in Mexico. She was the most rude, unprofessional and condescending person I ever met. When no meaningful solution could be reached with her, I asked to speak with manager. Also, when I asked to speak to someone in a higher position, she told me there is no one else. This is by far the most frustrating process I have ever experienced when cancelling.
    She refused to accept my request for cancellation which I submitted and told me that only cancellation form that she sent me she will accept ( that form was stripping me of any rights and refund). Last week I received UVC request for annual payment …again something no one told me about, when I sent them e mail about my case, I was told that quality assurance person closed my case in 2017 ( which happened without my acknowledgment). Customer service sent me an e mail : "We have escalated your case to the Quality Assurance Department. You will be contacted in the next 24-72 business hours."…….and than I received an e mai from the same person " If all you want is to continue with the cancellation, there is no other option than cancelling without refund." ……Nothing more to say.
    If you look up UVC profile on Better Business Bureau there is a statement " Complaints on file with BBB allege that consumers were pressured into signing contracts for Vacation Club Memberships for thousands of dollars and consumers found after purchasing packages that they did not realize the savings indicated in the sales presentations."
    I did not used any of my "free nights " or services and have no plan to travel in near or far future to the Country where there is so much injustice, food poison ( I had each time I was there) and risk of Zika virus which possess risk for the males and females trying to conceive babies.
    In summary, before signing up for anything UVC related, consider following :
    1. Keep the sheet of paper with benefits that will be created SPECIALLY FOR YOU
    2. Compare this with actual contract and ask for a printed copy for review, before you sign anything
    3. There will be an annual fees in addition to what you have paid
    4. Company is registered in Dominican republic (where USA law protecting consumers does not apply)
    5. You do have 3 days cancellation policy
    6. Do you homework and read reviews of others ….
    We usually learn from our own mistakes . I hope my bad experience will be a good lesson for others.

• Qu
    QueenK8809 Jan 04, 2020

Hello,
    My husband and I were also talked into purchasing a membership (after a long plane ride and lots of champagne). When we called to book our first “free” week we were told we hadn’t been members long enough to “ earn” our free week. So we a
    Waited the appropriate number of months and are still unable to get our “Free” week without a lot of hidden charges. We have tried to take advantage of the other “free” perks we were told about but were unable to get a price cheaper than we could get without it! We want out- any help would be appreciated . We have paid thousands of dollars with no return on our investment.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices