Menu

Unlimited Vacation Club  -  cancellation of membership

Author of the complaint
9:58 am
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My wife and I vacationed at Cancun, Mexico from April 1st to April 5th, 2015 . At April 4th we attended a presentation at Secret The Vine Resort in Cancun owned by Unlimited Vacation Club. We were told about a lot of benefits of becoming a member of Unlimited Vacation Club. We signed a contract of $21, 900 and paid $6740.74 on the spot. When we returned to the U.S and studied in detail the contract, we found it doesn't suit us. For example, the contract period is 25 years long, but my wife and I are almost 70 years. Under Mexican Law( the contract was signed in Mexico), these timeshare/vacation club contracts have a mandatory 5 day right to cancel the contract. So on April 7th, 2015 we sent a notice of cancellation to them. We also sent on the same day letters of cancellation to The Secret the Vine Resort in Cancun where we singed the contract and Profeco in Cancun, Mexico. All these letters were priority mail with tracking numbers. But we got no response. Later we called their office in Miami, Florida and asked them to cancel our membership. The asked us to send in the copies of Priority mail and letters of cancellation. On April 13th, we faxed and e-mailed all the materials they requested, and asked them to cancel our membership. Then we emailed them several times to ask about the status. But they just ignored us.

More Unlimited Vacation Club complaints & reviews

Unlimited Vacation Club - misleading and lies - I know because I worked there
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Unlimited Vacation Club - Unethical behavior and misleading sales tactics (class action lawsuit)
Unlimited Vacation Club - falsified promises
Unlimited Vacation Club - ability to cancel within the mexican statutory time
Unlimited Vacation Club - unethical sales practices
Unlimited Vacation Club - membership
Unlimited Vacation Club - vacation scam and lies
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Unlimited Vacation Club - Refund of my money or access to my benefits!!!
Unlimited Vacation Club - vacation club scam
Unlimited Vacation Club - Presentation
57 comments
T
Jun 16, 2022 5:41 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We Signed up in Mexico in 2020 during my wife and I honeymoon. After many attempts to try and use this, we were just given the 'run-around' and have never been able to use it. I called to state my intentions on canceling, as I have paid for a service that I am constantly told does not qualify, even though it is within the guidelines and with thee hotels that they allow. I guess I will need to escalate this as far as I need to, to get the resolution that we are looking for.

Jun 20, 2022 2:20 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replying to comment of troynjane

We are sorry to hear that. Please, share with us your member ID and email via email: [email protected] to provide the proper assistance. and an agent will contact you as soon as possible to help you. We appreciate your patience. GK

C
Jun 04, 2022 11:34 pm

We visited the Dominican Republic last June and were suckered into this. Just tried to schedule one of our free weeks and they told me us we had to pay $2000. I told them I wanted to cancel and they said I had to pay 50 percent, which I will not. I have paid close to $5000 so far and will not pay anymore. I am calling my bank to cancel the debits. Should I expect collection calls and will writing the credit agencies help?

Jun 07, 2022 10:30 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We are sorry to hear that. Please, share with us your member ID and email via email: [email protected] to provide the proper assistance about this situation, and an agent will contact you as soon as possible to resolve all your doubts. We appreciate your patience. GK

Apr 14, 2022 10:26 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I also signed a contract with unlimited vacations in 2019. I gave them a check for $4000. The contract was for 15 years and cost approximately $9000 to $10000. I paid monthly payments until 2022. I tried to use it but was told they could not beat the price of Cheap Caribbean. I was frustrated and later tried to cancel. I was behind on my payments so they sent me to collections. I payed it up and tried to cancel again. I could not understand the person on the phone and they totally did not understand what I wanted. I called a few months later and told them about me calling about a vacation and how they could not compete with Cheap Caribbean I was told they could not find that I called and they keep record of all calls. They told me in order for me to cancel, I had to pay up on my late charges which was approximately $250. I told them I have not ever used their services so they were ahead of the game. They refused. I am getting a divorce and cannot afford anymore payments. They show no empathy at all.

Jan 09, 2022 1:18 pm

I never took a single vacation with my membership. I tried to cancel also after paying $5000. They won’t cancel it. How can you not cancel a membership? Makes no sense. Especially when I haven’t used it. I’m not even asking for my money back. I just don’t want to owe anymore. I need an international lawyer I guess. Has anyone made any progress with their cancellations? Thanks.

Jan 09, 2022 3:30 pm
Replying to comment of Scammed00

Hello. In order to follow up properly on your request, please share your member ID with us at [email protected] We will further assist you by that means. Best regards. FV.

Aug 11, 2021 12:59 pm

Hello,
I'm another "victim" now they are sending me "overdue fee charges" mounting at this time $500.00
I've been ignoring them, can they send it to collection and ruin your credit>
BTW I signed up in Costa Rica.

Aug 11, 2021 2:36 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Hello, Mauricio. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you are a member of our club, please share with us your member ID along with more details about the situation you mention through the following email: [email protected] We will assist you accordingly by that means. Best regards. FV.

Dec 21, 2021 6:30 pm

Right they will do nothing to help

Dec 21, 2021 7:42 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Hello, Denise. How can we help you? Please share your member ID with us at [email protected] We will provide you with the appropriate assistance via email. Best regards. FV.

Jul 20, 2021 4:29 pm

some scams are almost legal and nobody gives a damn. why?

Jan 26, 2021 6:10 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My fiancé and I were lied to by multiple salespersons as well. After getting back to our accommodations after signing the contract, we realized there were numerous lies and discrepancies amongst the sales pitch so we decided to cancel in person and provided a cancellation letter within 4 days after signing the contract. The initial in person contract was about 10 pages long. The contract they emailed us in return was 50 pages long and included numerous additional e-signatures that neither of us verified in person. After submitting the cancellation letter, we were told our contract had been cancelled and we would receive the cancellation verification via email in addition to our full refund being processed within 7-10 business days. We waited the full 10 days to see a refund and never received it. I called customer service to inquire about the cancellation email and was told I would need to file a claim. I filed a claim and was told to wait 48 hours to receive an email regarding my claim. I never received an email. I called customer service for the next few days until getting contacted by a quality assurance rep. I explained our situation repeatedly and the service rep stated we would have to pay 50% of total price to cancel even though we delivered the cancellation letter in person on day 4! I am so frustrated and the "quality assurance" rep continues to state that there was never a cancellation letter received. I am reporting to BBB regarding this fraudulent business and they way they have handled my request. Quality assurance even tried saying they will blackmail me for leaving this review with PROFECO and BBB regarding my experience. WOW! I'm glad I have their terrible response in writing via email so I can follow up legally if needed.

Apr 13, 2021 3:17 pm
Replying to comment of Brendsyo

How is this post resolved. this is not resolved as you can see all the complaints following.

Apr 13, 2021 3:46 pm
Replying to comment of Emilia M

That's correct, my complaint was NEVER resolved. Worst customer experience ever. These people are nothing but crooks and thiefs.

Jan 16, 2021 2:30 am

To cancel the contract its as easy as changing your debit card and they will annoy you with calls and emails but thats all that happens. BLOCKKKKKKKK. They don't collect your SS# because then their extortion scam would be prosecutable in a court of law and would have to then LEND a service or monies up front. You're essentially paying to be serenaded by work staff but thats all. The discounts are the same on other websites, go check, and those “free” nights, you’re paying for it with that expensive membership. You're just giving them money. unfortunately they pray on the American idea of “contracts” and they do it well. spread the word and be free. UVC keeps blocking my response emails and i put a lot of work into making them wittingly funny. what a shame.

Feb 18, 2022 4:56 pm

Hey has anyone been reported to the credit bureau?

Q
Jan 04, 2020 4:53 pm

Hello,
My husband and I were also talked into purchasing a membership (after a long plane ride and lots of champagne). When we called to book our first “free” week we were told we hadn’t been members long enough to “ earn” our free week. So we a
Waited the appropriate number of months and are still unable to get our “Free” week without a lot of hidden charges. We have tried to take advantage of the other “free” perks we were told about but were unable to get a price cheaper than we could get without it! We want out- any help would be appreciated . We have paid thousands of dollars with no return on our investment.

Jan 16, 2021 2:31 am
Replying to comment of QueenK8809

Apr 13, 2021 3:14 pm

They have sent us to collection and we have been getting emails from Collection? what should we proceed. would this hurt our credit? we have not had interaction with collections before. we are freaking out while fighting to try to get our money back. Like many other, they conveniently sign us up for a new credit card without our consent for a credit card. We were told this bank will allow you to help you pay for the down payment until you get back to the state, as long as you sign this paper. on the paper, there is nothing mentioning about this new credit card either. help/

Oct 08, 2019 8:42 pm

I would like to share my personal horrible experience with UVC. Hopefully this will help others to be careful before they sign any contract, especially when company is registered in the country that USA laws protecting consumers are not applicable (like UVC in Dominican Republic).
In 2016, I stayed in the Secrets of the Vine resort in Cancun with my family. I was approached by the vacation club representative, who asked me if he can talk to me for 20-30 min about great services that they can offer. After several hours in the cold air- conditioned room ( I was in the swimming suite coming for 20-30 min chat) surrounded by 4 different men who were pressuring me to sign for the services, I was forced to sign an agreement. No time was given to me to discuss the offer with my family and I was not informed that there is a 3 days cancellation possibility. I was told that the package was customized to my unique needs and that I have one in a life time opportunity for the exceptional services and with unique rates if I pay for everything in full.. " Everything" was outlined on one paper sheet that magically disappeared when I Pad was brought to me for signatures. I was not given an opportunity to read everything carefully.
Upon my return to USA, almost every week I got a call or e mails from Vacation Club membership, with various ridiculous offers. Numerous time I asked not to bother me, because I am very busy; I said that I will call when I need services. No matter what I tried to do (block caller ID, speak with supervisor… )...my privacy was not respected.
Eventually I decided to take a trip to the Zoestry resort in Cancun using 7 free nights that I have in agreement. Twice when I was trying to book, I was told that there are no rooms available, and that I can only use 2 nights for 1 ( something that was not explained to me). I was told that Secrets Playa Mujeres, is next to the best, and they have some rooms Available, but for 7 nights for I still can't use 7 free nights and need to purchase rooms . Only then I was explained that what unlimited club offer is : 25 % off hotel regular room rates...again this is something that was not explained to me when I was forced to sign agreement. Only then I also discovered that my package is just a basic and cheapest package . I was also told that headquarters of UVC are in Mexico and not in USA.
I decided to go back to Cancun in 2017 to deal in person with the UVC team. Upon my arrival I was trying to make an appointment with the team who signed me for the membership ...they were literally avoiding me...upon numerous calls and requests ….one of them, Carlos came to talk to me…. told me that he will get back to me next day when he will speak with manager. He disappeared from the resort for the length of my stay …. I was told that he had family emergency and will not come to work. …The others refused to talk to me and told me that decision regarding my contract can be only made by Miami headquarters …. Actually, company is registered in Dominican Republic where neither USA or Mexico rules on customers protection apply.
Eventually, after my return to USA, my case was assigned to the quality assurance person who was in Mexico. She was the most rude, unprofessional and condescending person I ever met. When no meaningful solution could be reached with her, I asked to speak with manager. Also, when I asked to speak to someone in a higher position, she told me there is no one else. This is by far the most frustrating process I have ever experienced when cancelling.
She refused to accept my request for cancellation which I submitted and told me that only cancellation form that she sent me she will accept ( that form was stripping me of any rights and refund). Last week I received UVC request for annual payment …again something no one told me about, when I sent them e mail about my case, I was told that quality assurance person closed my case in 2017 ( which happened without my acknowledgment). Customer service sent me an e mail : "We have escalated your case to the Quality Assurance Department. You will be contacted in the next 24-72 business hours."…….and than I received an e mai from the same person " If all you want is to continue with the cancellation, there is no other option than cancelling without refund." ……Nothing more to say.
If you look up UVC profile on Better Business Bureau there is a statement " Complaints on file with BBB allege that consumers were pressured into signing contracts for Vacation Club Memberships for thousands of dollars and consumers found after purchasing packages that they did not realize the savings indicated in the sales presentations."
I did not used any of my "free nights " or services and have no plan to travel in near or far future to the Country where there is so much injustice, food poison ( I had each time I was there) and risk of Zika virus which possess risk for the males and females trying to conceive babies.
In summary, before signing up for anything UVC related, consider following :
1. Keep the sheet of paper with benefits that will be created SPECIALLY FOR YOU
2. Compare this with actual contract and ask for a printed copy for review, before you sign anything
3. There will be an annual fees in addition to what you have paid
4. Company is registered in Dominican republic (where USA law protecting consumers does not apply)
5. You do have 3 days cancellation policy
6. Do you homework and read reviews of others ….
We usually learn from our own mistakes . I hope my bad experience will be a good lesson for others.

Sep 13, 2019 5:27 pm

Hi everyone, like all of you, we want To cancel our membership. We signed on December 18. They lied to us. Thank you for your help. My email [email protected]

Aug 27, 2019 8:23 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Hello everyone, hope everyone doing well. Check out site mescam.com for additional help.. wish you all luck

Aug 26, 2019 2:47 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

What are the repercussions for stopping payments for the UVC contract? I have paid $6K already and I ended up cancelling my credit card as there was no way to put a stop payment on the withdrawals.

Are there any legal consequences in Canada?

Aug 27, 2019 8:16 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I cancel them 2 weeks after my contract date and it was successful... if you still need the help i could be contact [email protected]

O
Sep 11, 2019 1:30 am
Replying to comment of Binh_Binh

rn15pausa. Hi Melissa. I would love to hear your steps for cancellation. I’m still here in Mexico. Signed on 9/4/2019. It’s to pity, I should read this before. They lied to me: said there is no cancellation policy, nothing been said about annual fee ets. My email @gmail.com. Please, HELP. ELENA.

Oct 16, 2019 10:07 am
Replying to comment of Binh_Binh

Hi Melissa, my husband and I just bought a membership on October 10th 2019. Just like everyone said we got shucked in signing a contract. When we got home Oct 11th I was curious and went on line to find out about people experience on UVC. To find out all the bad reviews about this company. How can I get out of this? I'm sick of my stomach after reading so many bad reviews. If I cancel my credit card would be in my credit report if I don't continue paying. I payed $3300.00. Still owe 7000. I would really appreciate any feedback.
Thanks! Jen.

Nov 20, 2019 1:38 pm
Replying to comment of Binh_Binh

Hi i would greatly appreciate any help you have on how to cancel. Thank you in advance!
Alex

Feb 18, 2022 4:51 pm
Replying to comment of Olivecat15

Hey I have been trying to cancel now they are telling they going to report me to the credit bureau in New York they

P
Nov 14, 2018 10:30 am

We would like to know if anyone has had a positive outcome

P
Nov 14, 2018 10:29 am

My husband and I signed up, September 2018, we have also sent a letter to cancel our membership, no reply. What is it going to take? Has any one ever gotten a positive outcome? [email protected]

Dec 28, 2018 12:27 pm

I did the same but cancelled two days later at the resort and they acknowledged receipt of my cancellation letter by signing a copy of it. They said “100% you will get your 25% deposit back in a couple of weeks”. I had to pay for some benefits received which was fair. Do you think I’ll see my money again? Please email me at [email protected]
Thanks

May 24, 2019 12:14 am
Replying to comment of Andrew Go

Hi Andrew, my family and I just bought into the membership on May 21, 2019 and found out it was a scam. We are going to submit our cancellation request tomorrow. We are wondering if you have received your money back? Do you have any advice for us? Please email me at [email protected] Your response is greatly appreciated.

Jul 08, 2019 1:22 pm
Replying to comment of Erin He

Were you able to cancel you’re membership?

Feb 18, 2022 4:53 pm

They will not reimbursed no money this is fact

Feb 23, 2022 2:13 pm
Replying to comment of Erin He

Sorry I've only just seen this but yes I did get my money back so apart from a lot of stress, I can't fault UVC on that front. And we did actually have a very enjoyable holiday in Cancun.

Oct 20, 2018 6:25 pm

People are angry because they don't understand what the membership is and how to use it. I made sure before I signed any paperwork that what the salesman promised us was what was exactly in our contract. You actually have to take vacations regularly (2 or more a year) in order for the UVC membership to make sense both economically and in benefit. If you only take a vacation every couple of years or so then this is not for you. Just took a 10 day vacation and paid 0 extra..yes Zero dollars extra to uvc. I say zero extra because they were the "Free" nights that came with our membership and they give you more nights as you pay your contract. Technically they aren't "free" they are prepaid. Have 18 nights lefts and will absolutely use them. However we recieved and enjoyed the preferred room upgrade and preferred access that normal bookings dont get unless you pay a premium,
check the preferred or "club" room prices ( Kayak, travelocity..etc). Plus they stand by their 25% below cheapest rate if you find it. We are all adults so shame on you for not understanding the totality of what you're getting yourself into and them crying like a child to strangers on the internet. For instance, if you go to France and its illegal to spit in the street and you get arrested for spitting in the street then you cry and say you didnt know it was illegal, shame on you for not knowing. Same rules apply here. Would you buy a house or car without reading the fine print of what it is you are actually getting and the cost? I think not. Everything the salesman said was right there in my contract in black and white and I made damn sure of it or they weren't getting a penny. Its call due dilligence folks.. Read before you sign and if you dont understand ask questions or walk away if you're uncomfortable!

Feb 22, 2019 9:55 am

I wholeheartedly agree! We've been members for almost 5 years and have always been happy with our membership and the service we receive. As a matter of fact, we just upgraded our membership last month while in Jamaica!

Aug 10, 2018 1:15 pm

We were suckered in when we visited the Dreams Resort in the Riviera Maya for our 35th wedding Anniversary in 2013.
We did not realize anything until it was way to late, and have since paid off the amount owed, however we of course have the yearly maintenance fees, which I have not paid for this year yet, they keep emailing me though. We have never ever used this timeshare Once not even with the free certificates or anything. When it came down to it it was cheaper to do an apple all-inclusive or what have you than going through them. I want to know can we get out of this when we only own the yearly maintenance fees? I cant afford a lawyer, is there anyway to do this your self?

May 30, 2018 10:46 am

WE NEED TO STICK TOGETHER AND EXPOSE THIS COMPANY TO THE PUBLIC NOW

R
Mar 22, 2018 3:56 pm

any help with cancel unlimited vacations club.

May 30, 2018 10:45 am
Replying to comment of rickd3171

No but we need to keep trying we also need to expose this company to the media, please contact me [email protected]

O
Sep 11, 2019 1:17 am
Replying to comment of Shalan

Same deal. Still here. I bought it on 9/4/2019. Should read first feedbacks

Dec 28, 2019 4:20 pm
Replying to comment of Olivecat15

Hi we recently fell for this scam too do you have any feedback yet how to get out of this?

Dec 30, 2019 9:51 am
Replying to comment of Sugarlips7

Hi Sugarlips

Good morning.

Thank you for contacting UVC. We are sorry for any inconvenience. Your opinion is very important to us. Please send us your member ID and phone number via inbox. Regard. GK

K
Feb 28, 2018 4:06 pm

Has anyone been able to cancel/dissolve contract or get a refund?

May 30, 2018 10:44 am

No but I am trying, we need to get this place exposed to the public. Im Shalan My email is [email protected] please contact me

Jan 27, 2018 7:24 pm

Hello, of course, my wife and I were scammed the same way. We purchased a vacation plan and put down a payment of $3000. We have not used any of the services and we have not made our first-month payment. What we are trying to find out is how does this effect your credit if you refuse to make further payments.

Oct 29, 2019 3:26 pm

Hi I know ur post is 1yr old but I would like to know if u managed to cancel your membership with uvc and did your credit get affected by not paying me and my husband paid the same deposit as you we have not used any of our benefits and have decided to cancel as the prices we have been quoted are far more than we were initially told they would be I have been told that we would have to pay 50% of total membership to cancel which would be £9000 we are really really stressed please if u have any advise my email is [email protected] my name is mandy

Aug 29, 2017 9:42 pm

Unlimited Vacation Club is misleading, sales people, they don't know what they are talking about, lie about everything, promising all the benefits but don't talk about things that are hidden under, I requested to cancel mine and request for refund, they don't care. I am beyond frustrating how to deal with this, how to get my money back. Wish there is someone to help me. - J. Downing

L
Aug 28, 2017 10:58 pm

Same thing happened to my husband and I THIS IS A SCAM AND I HAVE READ HUNDREDS OF REVIEWS SAYING THE SAME THING! We need to get the word out to so many people being taken advantage of!

May 30, 2018 10:42 am

Please contact me, we were robbed by this company too. Shalan [protected]

Jan 13, 2020 8:36 pm
Replying to comment of Shalan

Shaman please contact me Debra66 @ [email protected]

Feb 26, 2017 10:31 am

Why on every complaint you say you can not get in touch with writer? Why is that every answer? i wrote and i am waiting for a reply i left meemail address so you will have no way of saying you can't contact me . i am waiting by the email every day,

Jun 20, 2016 10:20 am

I was in Huatulco Mexico...And same than anyone else's they have make me drunk and lied to me to collect $26000...I will have the pleasure with my credit card company and my attorney to stop this Scams.All was lies...For Example they told me I can use a yacht and just pay the fuel ...They do not have one...They told me the max amount per room per week is $199..Just lies...And the sales man took $600 under the table dash to try to give me a better price of member...She stole my money...Call me [protected]...Before you deal with this liars and abusers..

Mar 13, 2017 2:35 pm

Hi Alex,

I just tried calling you but no answer. We just got swindled into buying this last week in Punta Cana. We are out 8000 on our deposit thus far and want to know if there are any successful ways you know of to get that back.

Give me a call sometime [protected] so we can discuss strategy. thanks
Matt

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

235 complaints