[Resolved] Unlimited Vacation Clubunethical behavior and misleading sales tactics (class action lawsuit)

H Jul 19, 2019 Review updated:

I recently visited the secrets resort in puerto vallarta. While doing the time share presentation we had our reservations about joining uvc, but the sales associate showed us the benefits of rci and that we would be getting 4 free weeks at just the exchange fee of $249, plus 1 free week at zoetry (a top notch am resort) with our membership. We looked through the rci website and saw some pretty great resorts, what they didn't tell us was that our free weeks could only be used at maybe 1/3 of those, all of which of course are crappy. The 249 "exchange fee" does not include additional resort fees, that almost all the resorts charge so the cost ends up being almost what you would pay anyways!! After finding this out I then called and questioned about my "free zoetry week" only to find out that when I did test it by booking of a random week to see what I would be charged, it came out to $3k!!! My free week that I would earn after I paid my balance would cost me 3k lol!!! Literally every part of this membership that sold me was a complete lie! The worst part was that we put 2k down that we were planning on using for our family vacation 6 weeks later, and the resort we had planned on staying at was on the rci website. So we got sold on the "hey put the 2k down and you can use one of your weeks!!' well our weeks were not deposited in time to use, and even when it was finally put into our account to use, the final cost if we had was still 1k!!! Not the 249 exchange. We got totally used all the way around. I cried for days after this. I don't know if they understand how terrible this is for people on a limited budget who plan for these vacations and save for them, to then use it against someone like they will save money and get what they actually promise in their presentations. I'm planning on putting a class action lawsuit against them if anyone would like to join please let me know!

• Unlimited Vacation Club's response · Jul 22, 2019

Good morning Thank you for writing us. We are sorry about the experience. Please send us your member ID through a private message and we will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you.

If you prefer, log into https://www.unlimitedvacationclub.com/Contact and select your country of residence from de box on the left, type your telephone number suitable time you wish to be called by one agent.

• Resolution Statement

[email protected]
    1-775-250-6343

• As
    Asha Ace Feb 28, 2020

@Vrjjr I am all in. Can’t explain the ways we were scammed. Have it on paper. I call and they talk to me like I am an idiot. There was a bit of great at the beginning, but nothing but disrespect and thieving since then

• Ly
    Lydiaj18 Aug 14, 2019

I want to join your class action. The exact same thing happened to me, as well!

• Mi
    Mike Boo Boo Aug 17, 2019

From UVC, thank you - we are here to "help". Call us directly.. and will not do crap for you because you signed a deceptively written sales contract after even more lies during the sale pitches (that were not capture in the contract documents.)

• @Mike Boo Boo Thank you for contacting UVC. We are sorry for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you. Your oppinion is very important to us and we would like to assist you in any possible way.
    Please send us your member ID and phone number through inbox. We will contact you as soon as possible.

Debra66 Nov 04, 2019

I want to join your class action suit contact me @ [email protected]

• Mo
    Monica Rosier Dec 15, 2019

Me too!
    Me too
    [email protected]
    1-775-250-6343

• Je
    Jeanie Strickland Jan 07, 2020

UVC is a complete scam. My husband and I experiences the same con in Cancun. We are intereted in joining the class action law suite. Contact is [email protected]

Debra66 Jan 08, 2020

Please contact me Debra66 [email protected]

Debra66 Jan 08, 2020

Please Please Please Debra66 [email protected] Contact me.

• Mi
    Mike_in_Colorado Jan 27, 2020

I would like to join the Class Action Suit.

Please contact me.

• @Mike_in_Colorado We are sorry for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you. Your opinion is very important to us and we would like to assist you in any possible way.

• Al
    Alex K Feb 01, 2020

Is there still a law suit agaisnst them?
    I got scammed for over 40k

• La
    Lash5adam Feb 05, 2020

I want to join your class action law suite as well. I'll never pay for a trip to a secrets resort again. Sent demand letters and no reply.

• Ki
    KimNov Feb 07, 2020

@Lash5adam I'm interested in joining the class action lawsuit. Please contact me at [email protected] Thank you.

• Ki
    KimNov Feb 07, 2020

I'm interested in joining the class action lawsuit. Please contact me at [protected]@yahoo.com Thank you.

• Ho
    Hope420 Feb 20, 2020

I am also interested in joining the class action. Please contact me at [email protected]

• Dy
    dyz2825 Feb 20, 2020

I am also interested in joining in the class action. Please contact me at [email protected]

• Al