Unlimited Vacation Clubunethical behavior and misleading sales tactics (class action lawsuit)

H Jul 19, 2019

I recently visited the secrets resort in puerto vallarta. While doing the time share presentation we had our reservations about joining uvc, but the sales associate showed us the benefits of rci and that we would be getting 4 free weeks at just the exchange fee of $249, plus 1 free week at zoetry (a top notch am resort) with our membership. We looked through the rci website and saw some pretty great resorts, what they didn't tell us was that our free weeks could only be used at maybe 1/3 of those, all of which of course are crappy. The 249 "exchange fee" does not include additional resort fees, that almost all the resorts charge so the cost ends up being almost what you would pay anyways!! After finding this out I then called and questioned about my "free zoetry week" only to find out that when I did test it by booking of a random week to see what I would be charged, it came out to $3k!!! My free week that I would earn after I paid my balance would cost me 3k lol!!! Literally every part of this membership that sold me was a complete lie! The worst part was that we put 2k down that we were planning on using for our family vacation 6 weeks later, and the resort we had planned on staying at was on the rci website. So we got sold on the "hey put the 2k down and you can use one of your weeks!!' well our weeks were not deposited in time to use, and even when it was finally put into our account to use, the final cost if we had was still 1k!!! Not the 249 exchange. We got totally used all the way around. I cried for days after this. I don't know if they understand how terrible this is for people on a limited budget who plan for these vacations and save for them, to then use it against someone like they will save money and get what they actually promise in their presentations. I'm planning on putting a class action lawsuit against them if anyone would like to join please let me know!

RESOLVED

• Unlimited Vacation Club's response · Jul 22, 2019

Good morning Thank you for writing us. We are sorry about the experience. Please send us your member ID through a private message and we will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you.

If you prefer, log into https://www.unlimitedvacationclub.com/Contact and select your country of residence from de box on the left, type your telephone number suitable time you wish to be called by one agent.

• Ro
    Ronsav98 Jan 11, 2021

yes id like to join a class action suit

• Da
    Dallas2020 Nov 27, 2020

I would be interesting joining this class action suit as well. We were given many promises and when I asked for copies of the sheets they wrote on, they said all of it would be mailed to me within 10 days.
    I received nothing and now am told I only had 5 days to rescind. Spoke with customer service, if you want to call it that, and she basically said we were just trying to get something of them.
    They told us we would be given the Gold package for the price of silver, we would be able to come to Secrets 365 days a year no exclusions, and all it would cost us is $65 per person per night for all inclusive, honeymoon suite and above, always ocean front. No additional costs. Now I’m told all we get is 25% off the cost of the room. That was a lie.
    I was also told we would would get 7 free nights to stay at any secrets resorts. Then when you received the contract, it says many of the resorts are 2 for 1 (two of the free nights equals only 1 night at certain resorts like Secrets the vine). I soecificallasked if we could stay at secrets the vine, honeymoon suite ocean front with those 7 days and no additional cost. and both Christian Moreno and his manager Mario, said yes, no additional cost. Another lie.
    These people lied to us with their promises and then I was told that I would be sued by them if a said anything against them. Biggest scam artists around.
    It is classic bait and switch by promising all types of things and then not delivering when you get the contract. They deny everything when you calm for help! RUN, don’t walk, away from them!!!

• So
    Sonia Kim Oct 30, 2020

Please count me in...
    [email protected]

Just spoke with someone asking for more money. When I was hesitant after listening to his script, memorized explanation, I said I will get back to him. That's when his nice side turned disrespectful and mean.

• Lu
    Luz Lopez Oct 28, 2020

I would like to join the Class Action Suit. I tried canceling back in early 2019 and I have the emails to prove it, I only got the run-around. I'm currently still forcibly paying because I don't want to ruin my credit score, we're working towards purchasing a house and I can'thave that.

Please contact me.

• Te
    TephG Oct 09, 2020

If there is a class action lawsuit, we would also like to join. We are within the 5 days cancelation and have been given the run around by literally everyone we've talked to. Please email at [email protected]

• Yz
    Yzyz Sep 04, 2020

I would also like to join. Anyone has an update?

• Unlimited Vacation Club Sep 07, 2020

@Yzyz We are sorry for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you. Your opinion is very important to us and we would like to assist you in any possible way.
    Please send us your member ID and phone number through inbox. We will contact you as soon as possible.

• Be
    Benjamin Walling Jul 05, 2020

I would like to join. Is there any update on this?

• Li
    Ling1 Jun 18, 2020

I am also interested in the class action lawsuit if it is still open and wife and I were scammed in January of this year at Punta Cana in Dominican. Lies deceit and total misrepresentation sounds like you all know the story. Please contact me at [email protected]

• Li
    Ling1 Jun 18, 2020

@Ling1 So it looks like this was resolved so if there’s any information on how it was resolved and what steps were taken to resolve the issue I would be eternally grateful for a reply. Thank you

• Eu
    Eugenebond Apr 27, 2020

I'm also interested in joining in the class action. Please contact me at [email protected]

• Fr
    Franco614 Apr 12, 2020

Count me in for anything needed in this lawsuit. I have written documents of lies and emails of lies along with countless emails I sent to them to just get a cal back. I’ll pay and fly anywhere to sue these subhumans

• Fr
    Franco614 Apr 12, 2020

Can anyone please explain how these complaints got resolved? This company likes to hide and say tried to get a hold of them and couldn’t. Julian Pat Ricalde who is a disgrace and with quality assurance called us rom his neighbors cell phone and told us we had to call him because the office phones were down. But then that number couldn’t take incoming calls. This company is a snake and needs shut down. They have not resolved anything ever.

Jacqueline Geer Dec 18, 2020

@Franco614 Oh my gosh! Julian was so insulting (as well as the others). Have they reported to reddit agencies (Experian/Trans Union/Equifax?

Debra66 Sep 05, 2020

@Franco614 They don’t and just put that it’s been resolved.

Jason Pike Mar 30, 2020

Would love to know more about this. Looking to get out of a contract. Is there a class action in the works here?

• Al
    alvajoey Mar 08, 2020

I want to join lawsuit

• Dy
    dyz2825 Feb 20, 2020

I am also interested in joining in the class action. Please contact me at [email protected]

• Ho
    Hope420 Feb 20, 2020

I am also interested in joining the class action. Please contact me at [email protected]

• Ki
    KimNov Feb 07, 2020

I'm interested in joining the class action lawsuit. Please contact me at [protected]@yahoo.com Thank you.

• La
    Lash5adam Feb 05, 2020

I want to join your class action law suite as well. I'll never pay for a trip to a secrets resort again. Sent demand letters and no reply.

• Ki
    KimNov Feb 07, 2020

@Lash5adam I'm interested in joining the class action lawsuit. Please contact me at [email protected] Thank you.

• Al
    Alex K Feb 01, 2020

Is there still a law suit agaisnst them?
    I got scammed for over 40k

• Mi
    Mike_in_Colorado Jan 27, 2020

I would like to join the Class Action Suit.

Please contact me.

@Jacqueline Geer [email protected]

Jacqueline Geer Dec 18, 2020

@Mike_in_Colorado Hi Mike. Any success with lawsuit? I would like to join [email protected]

• Unlimited Vacation Club Jan 30, 2020

@Mike_in_Colorado We are sorry for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you. Your opinion is very important to us and we would like to assist you in any possible way.

Debra66 Jan 08, 2020

Please Please Please Debra66 [email protected] Contact me.

Debra66 Jan 08, 2020

Please contact me Debra66 [email protected]

• Je
    Jeanie Strickland Jan 07, 2020

UVC is a complete scam. My husband and I experiences the same con in Cancun. We are intereted in joining the class action law suite. Contact is [email protected]

• Mo
    Monica Rosier Dec 15, 2019

Me too!
    Me too
    [protected]

Debra66 Nov 04, 2019

I want to join your class action suit contact me @ [email protected]

• Mi
    Mike Boo Boo Aug 17, 2019

From UVC, thank you - we are here to "help". Call us directly.. and will not do crap for you because you signed a deceptively written sales contract after even more lies during the sale pitches (that were not capture in the contract documents.)

• Unlimited Vacation Club Aug 19, 2019

@Mike Boo Boo Thank you for contacting UVC. We are sorry for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you. Your oppinion is very important to us and we would like to assist you in any possible way.

Janej18 Aug 14, 2019

I want to join your class action. The exact same thing happened to me, as well!

• Vr
    Vrjjr Jul 26, 2019

Sign us up. [email protected]

Jacqueline Geer Dec 18, 2020

@Asha Ace I am not sure if there is a lawsuit but I would also like to be included. [email protected] feel free to reach out to me

• As
    Asha Ace Feb 28, 2020

@Vrjjr I am all in. Can’t explain the ways we were scammed. Have it on paper. I call and they talk to me like I am an idiot. There was a bit of great at the beginning, but nothing but disrespect and thieving since then

• Mo