Royal Holiday Vacation Club Logo

Royal Holiday Vacation Club

Having problems with Royal Holiday Vacation Club?

Royal Holiday Vacation Club reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 29, 2006. The latest review Lies, lies, and more lies was posted on Mar 24, 2021. The latest complaint Contract signed with Royal Holiday was resolved on Feb 12, 2021. Royal Holiday Vacation Club has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 176 reviews. Royal Holiday Vacation Club has resolved 54 complaints.

Royal Holiday Vacation Club Customer Service Contacts

Av. Insurgentes Sur №1999 Pb, Guadalupe Inn
Ciudad de México
Mexico - 01020

Royal Holiday Vacation Club Complaints & Reviews

Mar 24, 2021

Royal Holiday Vacation Club — Lies, lies, and more lies

Below is a copy of an email I sent to local Royal Holiday staff (Kirsche Mieses Strees and Ruth Fortunas) on...

Royal Holiday Vacation ClubContract signed with Royal Holiday

I would like to cancel my contract as you do not provide the service I was promised. No matter how much notice I give, I still do not get the service I require and I have to settle for "scrape off the bottom resorts", in the middle of no where, at times no one else wants, just so I don't lose my points. I do not want to be a member where I feel fobbed off all the time I ask a question. My members number is 10-81862. My number is +[protected]

RESOLVED

• Royal Holiday Vacation Club's response · Feb 17, 2021

Hello, we will promptly follow up on your case. Please share with us your owner id, we will contact you as soon as possible and give you options regarding what you tell us. We stay tuned.

Royal Holiday Vacation ClubAdditional resort and maintenance fees

We were pressured into purchasing this package. They talked us down to a 1 year Pay 3 year use of 60, 000pts with extra certificates that we could use when we ran out of points that would have to be purchased, and we only had to pay for flight... THAT'S IT!! They told us we use our points for our destination and all we had to do was get there. Well here we are trying to use our points and we are being asked to pay an excessive amount that makes entirely no sense. If we already paid for use why pay resort fees... what are we paying for then!!?? Especially during a pandemic... there should be a bit more compassion. They never said anything about these resort fees... PER PERSON PER DAY!! E we may have booked it straight n out would've been cheaper! This is a complete scam to get peoples money. They are rewording the fine print and verbiage to be misleading. We were swindled. It wouldn't soo bad if the properties were all decent and we didn't have to pay excessive fees.

Royal Holiday Vacation ClubCancellation of contract that's been paid off for years

I purchased RHC vacation plan in 1998 and paid it off a few years later. I never use it nor have any desire to use it. However, I keep getting billed for annual maintenance fees. In April 2019 I retained Primo Management Group, Orlando FL, to get me out of this timeshare nightmare. They have currently been unable to wrest me free from this contract, citing that RHC won't respond to the emails and certified letters, or that it is sent to the wrong department. Bottom line, RHC continues to avoid responding to my request to cancel the contract. Among the many things I am very upset about is that "we" have no legal recourse against a company that practices business in the USA, and has a physical presence in the USA. Additionally, RHC continues to engage in misleading practices, and fraudulently victimizes customers with unconscionable in perpetuity contracts! I would be very interested in any US sponsored class action suit with other aggrieved customers against this Mexican company.

Royal Holiday Vacation ClubOwnership in vacation club

We have used our timeshare # 3-103567 only about 5 times in 20 years. We feel we were taken advantage of. Ken Waller & Louis Tello tagged team us, we felt to much pressure. We went back in the next day to cancel and the manager became irate and threatened to call the police and we were scared to death and left it alone. We have had this timeshare since 7/9/2000 and rarely use it. My wife is scared to death to use it, because of our experience there. I have talked her into it a few times but she can not believe the treatment from the manager there. I am not sure if that is illegal there but in the United States, you can not threaten someone to force them to stay in a contract they do not want

Feb 18, 2020

Royal Holiday Vacation Club — Timeshare

We went to a trip in Mexico in May 2018 were we were lured to purchased the Royal holiday membership. During...

Feb 18, 2020

Royal Holiday Vacation Club — Fraudulent, extremely aggressive sales, illegal gift giving, park royal cancun a joke

I'm writing to let as many people know what happened to me dealing with Royal Holiday and the unscrupulou...

Royal Holiday Vacation ClubPast time frame and we still haven't been refunded

We cancelled the membership while still on vacation at the resort that sold us it and were given an addendum stating we would get our money back in 1-5 business days and that the contract would be cancelled. It's now past that time frame and we still haven't been refunded. What do we do now? How do I pursue this further? It's almost $4000 Canadian!

Feb 09, 2020

Royal Holiday Vacation Club — Timeshare vacation club - problem cancel contract

Gentlemen, I would like to file my complaint with the Royal Holiday Vacation Club, which since I signed the...

Royal Holiday Vacation ClubThe club never has any availability where we want to go and the maintenance fee increases every year.

We were deceived when we purchased this timeshare in Paradise Island, in I think 2004. We thought our base was there in Paradise Island. When we received the contract, they had slipped in Mexico. We have never been to Mexico and have zero desire to go there. The timeshare is paid off. Then they tell us that we can use RCI but did not tell us that they have a yearly membership fee too. We go in at least two vacations every year and can NEVER find anything available when and where we want to go with Royal Holiday or RCI. We end up hotel accommodations or resort accommodations while still paying forever increasing maintenance fees every year and a WORTHLESS timeshare. Wyndham/Royal Holiday needs to be shut down with their predatory practices.

Dec 05, 2019

Royal Holiday Vacation Club — Royal holiday is a big scam!!!

Keep harrasing, royal holiday are mre than crooks!!!, they are only care is to get sign people in every...

Royal Holiday Vacation ClubUnavailability of resorts, lack of non-all inclusive, resorts increasing maintenance fees

When I first purchased my membership, it was a 1 week Ambassador membership. This gave me 1 week/year in a room that slept 4-6 people. There were over 180 resorts in the catalog, none of which were all-inclusive.

In 2008, at the Crystal Palace resort in Nassau, I "upgraded" to a 30, 000/year points membership after being convinced that my weeks membership would soon be worthless and I would need a points membership to continue using Royal Holiday. The upgrade cost $8000.00 additional.

Over the next couple of years, most of the available resorts were Royal resorts, all requiring all-inclusive payments over and above the maintenance fee. The resorts that were once available disappeared, replaced with locations in South America which I had no interest in visiting. The non-Royal resorts that we tried to reserve were never available and they always tried to point us to the Royal, all_inclusive resorts. It appears that the resorts that are not owned by Royal Holiday only set aside a few rooms for Royal Holiday members and they are always reserved.

If you compare the list of available resorts today with those in the original catalog, which I still have, you will see what I'm saying. I desire to terminate my membership and end the maintenance fee payments. As a result of spine surgery I can no longer use the membership and the fee is a drain on my limited income.

Royal Holiday Vacation ClubRoyal holiday is a big scam!!!

The trip to Cozumel was the end with Royal Holiday!!, after so many year putting money and upgrade the membership, and paying thousands of dollars!!, this is an SCAM!!
                lier, paying for an all inclusive more than a regular guess, poor service, poor food,
                poor customer service, . Annual feed incresing more and more. Is not worse it!!!
                Try to book any other place than Mexico imposible and when there is availability is more expensive, end to to be cheaper online!!!.
                UNFULFILLED PROMISES ROYAL HOLIDAY SCAMMED ME!!.

Jul 27, 2019

Royal Holiday Vacation Club — They charged $4085.00 from our cc with out us authorizing it.

My husband and I thought we were getting a great deal by buying a Silver member club deal with 15000 point to...

Jul 22, 2019

Royal Holiday Vacation Club — Vacation club

We purchased in March 2019 and my husband paid over $4, 000 that day for the down payment. We were told our...

Royal Holiday Vacation ClubRoyal holiday vacation cost is much more expensive compared with major travel sites

We're Royal Holiday members since 2011. At the beginning of every year we try to book our vacation for 2 adults. Same happened this year too.
                  Rep Ana (x.2536) gave us over the phone a price $2, 648.45 for Bavaro Princess resort in Punta Cana. To estimate total cost for this reservation we have to count our $460 annual fee which gives us 5000 points towards vacation every year and $267 cost per every year of our 30 years contract. Adding all these numbers for this 2019 booking bring us to $3, 375.45 ($2, 648.45 + $460 + $267 = $3, 375.45)
                  We checked online prices for the same vacation from major travel sites and found that it cost only $2, 569 for the same dates and accommodation. I can send a screen print from www.kayak.com. So Royal Holiday charges for the same vacation $806.45 MORE for 2 adults. I asked Ana where are our savings Royal Holiday promised to their members. Ana offered to try another resort. We have tried to book Grand Park Royal Cancun for the same dates. Like in the previous booking total cost of booking with Royal Holiday was hundred dollars more than it cost on major travel web sites.
                  Then we tried other resorts in Royal Holiday family. All the bookings with Royal Holiday were hundreds of dollars more expensive for the same dates and accommodations compare with online travel sites. I emailed screen prints from www.kayak.com to Ana and Juan Fonseca to prove these low prices on the same bookings. However, Royal Holiday responded to us that nothing they can do and we have to pay $806 more than non-members for the same vacation and accommodation. What's a point to be a member?
                  Royal Holiday promises solid savings on vacation compare with prices from major travel agencies. They promise and demonstrate solid savings on the paper to make Americans to sign into contract. As soon as people sign they realize that Royal Holiday can't fulfill their promises. That's why huge amount of American consumers complain on this company. ABC News "20/20" even made their investigation to respond to thousands of complaints from American consumers who were scammed by Royal Holiday (https://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=4627886&page=1). The company intentionally was registered offshore to be immune to US law. However, they target mostly American consumers and thousands of them were scammed.
                  Now why you see here some people have positive responses about Royal Holiday. I teach math in universities for many years. From my experience I see that many people can't do math calculations for their real life situations. So Royal Holiday exploit the fact that Americans trust and believe what they hear and most of them are not good with math. I'm sure people who rate Royal Holiday 4 or 5 stars are those people who never compared actual cost of their vacation including contract cost and annual fee versus costs on sites like kayak, Expedia, Orbitz, CheapCaribbean and others. They would scream if they calculate actual costs of their vacations including contract cost and annual fees that grows exponentially.
                  Well… it's their problem if they believe they save money with Royal Holiday.
                  The only time when we found the Royal Holiday vacation cost is acceptable is around hurricane season. However, the price on major travel sites also drop dramatically at this time. Again, no sense to buy from Royal Holiday even then.
                  We also were scammed by Royal Holiday promise to save on vacations because it looked great on the paper and we didn't have any experience with them. All these years we just deposited Royal Holiday points with RCI to get much better deal when we exchange. However, I have no problem just to stop paying them rising maintenance fee. They can't do anything to me because they are foreign entity with so bad reputation. Plus I keep all my booking examples as future arguments in fight with Royal Holiday in case if they try to bother me which I have big doubts based on other members experience.

Jan 29, 2019

Royal Holiday Club — Problems getting cancellation!

While on vacation in Princess Hotels in December 2018, we were approached by a guy offering a tour of the...

Jan 14, 2019

Royal Holiday Vacation Club — Cancellation

I am currently staying at the grand sunset princess where we signed a contract with royal holiday. Upon...

Jan 06, 2019

Royal Holiday Club — Problems getting cancellation!

We have had no end of trouble with Royal Holiday Club. We have tried to get our concerns and complaint...

Jan 04, 2019

Royal Holiday Vacation Club — Misled and cheated on believe they would provide a quality service!!!

We were told and led to believe that we will be getting dreamed hotels with the holiday credits that RHC wa...

Mexico City