Having problems with Hotwire?

1866 381 3981 (USA and Canada)
1866 468 9473 (USA and Canada)
1844 207 0303 (Flights, USA and Canada)
1855 326 0772 (Hotels, USA and Canada)
1855 677 0745 (Cars, USA and Canada)
+1 877 787 7186 (Customer Service)
+1 417 520 1680 (International)
+1 417 520 1693 (Flights, International)
655 Montgomery St Ste 600
Thu24h
Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Hotwire.

Complaints & Reviews

HotwireBait and switch Hotels

My wife and I were looking for a motel in the Redlands, California are so we could attend a funeral. We used the app and put the dates in. A listing of several very NICE motels came up including a Marriot, Holiday Inn, Comfort Suites, etc; so we booked it.

To our utter disappointment, they booked us a Motel 6!!! No mention of that listed at all. No way to cancel it! We tried to contact customer service to complain, but no one EVER ANSWERS!

They did a classic "Bait and Switch" on us. The previous two times I've used Hotwire, we were booked in excellent motels. Not this time, they booked us in a DUMP! Sheets are disgusting, the room smells, no hairdryer, no hand towels, no place to put a suitcase or even a CLOSET, just a broken hook on the wall.

The motel is next to major highway in Redlands and the windows provide no sound insulation at all, with cars racing up the street all night long.

We are extremely UNSATISFIED and WILL NOT use HOTWIRE again. This is less than a One Star with drug dealers on the premises!

Jul 29, 2020

Hotwire — Rental car cancellation

On March 17, 2020; we advised Hotwire with the following note. Hotwire arranged the car rental through Sixt...

HotwireBooking in filthy and unsafe guest house

Booking number [protected]
    Peer Guest House, Tel Aviv

This place is my worst hotel booking experience ever. I am a very seasoned traveller having been in many countries.

This place had no staff, zero, was filthy, a fire trap and insecure to anyone trying to get in.

A hostel gave out the key which I found out by accident from another unsatisfied traveller.

I had booked a week and after seeing the room, finally, I did not stay.

I complained to Hotwire and received no reply fo four months until I renewed communication even after bein assured they would respond on two occasions.

Hotwire offered me $35 dollars compensation on a $1000 purchase. Not reasonable for a service that I did not use at all.

Jul 06, 2020

Hotwire — Poor / abusive customer service

To Whom It May Concern, I am quite disappointed regarding the customer service (or lack there of) given by...

Jun 17, 2020

Hotwire — Car rental refund/credit

Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, my plans and flight to Chicago was cancelled and will be rescheduled later. I...

Hotwire.com[protected]

We booked a car rental through your company... Covid 19 struck it's a national emergency and all we are asking for is a line of credit or extension so that we can use the car rental later on in the year or next spring break! But we were told absolutely not... This is a national emergency on order by the federal and state governments how can we go on any trip???! How can your company be so inhuman???

HotwireCar rental

Tried to cancel my car rental reservation due to the coronavirus travel restrictions and I couldn't get a refund or a credit. Three days to get through, 2 hours on hold just to tell me they would NOTHING to cancel my reservation. Terrible customer service, and acted like they didn't know anything about the worldwide pandemic. Don't ever use this company !!

Mar 15, 2020

Hotwire — Car hire cancellation

I have booked a car for hire on Sat 21st March from Thrifty Pearson Airport Toronto, Canada. I need to cancel...

Hotwirecar rental

Rented a car for my son from hertz, stated that my son needed a major credit. Never received services, and was robbed for my money. They would not return my money. Website never stated that extra drivers needed these credentials. Website never states terms for extra drivers. Found out terms for extra driver when I made it the car rental place. Because my son didn't have a major credit card, he wasn't able to be added as an extra driver. We left without receiving a rental car and hotwire kept my money for booking the car.

• Updated by K. Phill · Nov 23, 2019

Hotwirecar rental

A car rental was done weeks ago via hotwire. The day of the pick up which was Oct 12 the rental company said something devastated to someone on a fixed income and who was not planning on extra expenses.( Rental Cars only come with 150 miles per day to use. Anything over is 25cents per mile). When we explained to supervisor at ACE rental car that hotwire stated unlimited mileage - he just said sorry they were wrong. Worse than having this mishap done when we got to the company instead of accepting the mistake done with hotwire they went ahead and cancelled the rental. After three weeks of planning a trip to Orlando with so many kids we were left without a car. It was disgusting that a company with so much reputation did nothing. All they could say was sorry.
            My hotwire confirmation # was [protected] was the confirmation and the ACE confirmation HNV8580507. I would hope that such a large company would try to help fix this situation since 12 kids were all disappointed due to their lack of professionalism and empathy.

Hotwirehorrible customer service

I recently booked a hotel through hotwire and the customer service was terrible I'm very disappointed with the way they handled my situation and I wish they would've done better. I am out in the cold at 3 AM with my adolescent children and they did not take in consideration my situation which upsets me terribly as a mother I should not have to go through this Many problems to get a room for me and my children. I booked a room through hotwire I did not have my ID on me unfortunately, so I requested to have my husbands name put on my account because I have hot wire money due to the last hotel I had back to them where they had messed up. They were unable to help me and made me Book a room there a whole mother hotel in a different city at 3 AM with my kids who have school in the morning. I am so upset with how hotwire handled my situation they had no remorse and I will never refer hotwire to any of my future friends or family as I did before. I hope you guysDo better training and your company and realize that people have real life problems and situations that they face every day. Thank you

Oct 07, 2019

LeTap Inn JFK Airport — le tap inn jfk airport, reservation # [protected]

Dear Complaint Department, October 6, 2019 We made a reservation in good faith at this hotel for Sept 24/19...

Hotwirevan rentals

The Better Business Bureau has contacted Hotwire and has been very helpful with continuing conversation with this matter. Since I cannot get a refund and Hotwire appears to be unwilling to give any compensation or credit even though I immediately tried to fix an apparent "double booking" I have been advised to have counsel to represent me. Under the advice of counsel, I'm told to attempt to resolve this issue one last time. The date of the van use has passed, I didn't use one (1) of the three (3) vans booked on two different credit cards but on the same days and time. One being a mistake that I quickly tried to remedy. Considering, of course, I can't drive two vans at the same time and Alamo doesn't allow one driver for two vans at the same time. Also, Hotwire would not have lost any money because when I originally called Hotwire, they suggested that I call Alamo which I did. Alamo, on the other hand, said to call Hotwire. The apparent "run around" did not help me what so ever. And after my trip when I used two (2) of the vans along with a 2nd driver, Hotwire still does not want to help the customer. This seems to be unethical as well as not very customer friendly.
                I understand that Hotwire is trying to prevent the customer from shopping around for lower rates which was never done or intended and vehicles were still booked and used at the same days and time. With all the issues, I will use social media to help get the word out about my ordeal and the other reviews that I have read against Hotwire. I believe this will make others aware of Hotwire's business culture and how the customer seems to be taken advantage of from a company that is either unwilling or refuses to work with problems that may occur and only want to take your money with no consequence to increase their own bank account. This issue occurred on Aug. 11, 2019 long before the actual use of September 20th at around 7pm.

Shawn McWhorter

Hotwirecar rental denied

I had pre-paid for a car rental in Atl from 9/25-9/30. When I arrived at Thrifty I was told that they could not rent the car to me because my drivers license would expire in 31 days. They said it was GA state law. When I called Hotwire they called Thrifty and then came back to the line to inform me of the exact same thing that Thrifty had already said. They said they would refund me what I paid as a courtesy. I questioned if they would find me another car. They said no. I told them they were inconveniencing me and they reiterated they were giving me a refund. I didn't want a refund, I wanted and needed a car so that I could get around. Very poor customer service!!!

Sep 30, 2019

Hotwire — insurance connected to vehicle rental

So I changed my vehicle rental with Hotwire to include an additional day to my vacation, they refused but the...

Hotwirea booked reservation

First of all want to tell that my husband and me are used to book reservations with hotwire. We always buy the hot rate hotels using the search engine for amenities. Last week, (16-18 of August) was our 19 anniversary and we booked like a month ago a hot rate hotel. We chose pool and free breakfast on the engine and the hot rate we chose appeared. So we bought it and when we get to the hotel we got the surprise that breakfast wasn't included and we had to paid 120.00 for two day breakfasts. I wrote in the chat customer service and the lady told me that they can't do nothing because the hotel we chose doesn't have the breakfast included amenities. I tried to explain that when we did the search it appears, because we live here in Puerto Rico, we know how expensive us. If we have knew that the breakfast wasn't included we weren't buy this deal. And now I search and surprisingly she is right, that hotel doesn't appear. I can't believe it. I am so disappointing with the service, we never had a situation before, we are frequently customers and is not fear we were treated this way. Hope you can help us. Thanks in advance.

Aug 16, 2019

Hotwire — Denied entrance to my booked room

I stayed at the travel lodge owned by Wyndham on August 14, 2019 in Anaheim on Ball Rd. California...

Hotwirehotel reservation

I booked a hotel reservation from August 10th to 11th through Hotwire. I was looking around for the best deal and selected a hotel with a decent price. When it came to putting in my payment information it simply stated that the total would be $299. I then proceeded to make the payment and was sent my itinerary. On my itinerary it stated the the total was $299. At the bottom it stated prices in USD. No where during the whole process did it say it was in USD currency. I called to speak about it and the whole time I was told that no it says it everywhere. The website is misleading and the customer service is poor. I asked to have the currency exchange difference refunded they would not do it. I will never be booking through their again. The prices are higher then the actual hotel pricing itself.

hotel reservation
                      hotel reservation

Hotwirecourtesy voucher promised and not given

They don't even deserve one star!!! I was PROMISED a $50 off my next booking but never received anything. I called customer service and they said there was no notation on the account. I'm extremely unsatisfied with the service I got. I booked a hotel and paid in full days before leaving. I get to the hotel with my guests...including a stage 4 cancer mother who was tired from the day and needed some rest. I get to the hotel and the manager said he didn't have enough rooms for us even though we paid in full and paid for two rooms for four guests. AND I did not receive any phone call or email before-hand letting me know about the situation...which could have entirely been avoided. I had my phone in my hand all day because I was on-call for work. I then had to call Hotwire for them to relocate us for 45 min on the phone passed 1am! I called customer service and no one was able to help me. They kept bouncing me to different departments I spoke to Charlo, Rhea, Aubrey, Stacey, Charlie, Ben, Jessica, Ella, John the manager and many more. From the relocation dept, Hotwire customer care, vacation dept, and so on. Jessica tells me she needs to transfer me to another dept because it looks like it has already been handled. As I'm sitting here with no verification as to where my $50 off my next booking is...now another manager just told me that a voucher is impossible and that they don't even have them to give. They said that they would investigate. And I said since no one is accountable to their word over the phone how do I know investigation would be done. He had no answer. Thanks Charlo for wasting my time and energy. And Hotwire sups for not doing your job. There are many more bad reviews that could have been avoided only if I got what was promised to me. So now, I promise to bash Hotwire in upcoming reviews and what would have been referrals. And believe me, I keep my promises. Sincerely one PO'd of customer!
                        Reservation #'s:
                        [protected]

Hotwireinaccurate hosts number in my hotel reservation

Yesterday I made I reservation for 1 room/3 persons, but when I recieved my confirmation it mentioned only 2 persons. I wrote directly an e-mail to the hotel and they answered that I needed to pay an extra cost for the third person. I have two screen shots of my data at the hotwire internet page to show that it was not a mistake from my side. I attach them below.

This is my info:

Hotwire itinerary #

Hotel confirmation #

inaccurate hosts number in my hotel reservation
                          inaccurate hosts number in my hotel reservation

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices