University Of Phoenix Online / bogus fees

My husband and I were working on our master's degrees together with UOP online. I had to take a break, due to medical reasons, and I informed my academic advisor that I would let her know when I was ready to resume classes. After a couple of months, I received an email from an instructor stating that I had not posted anything in the first two weeks of class. I contacted the instructor, as well as my academic and financial advisors to let them know that I did not register for the course. My account was charged over $200 for dropping the class late, when I actually never even agreed to register for the class. No one was willing to help me with my issue, no matter how hard I tried. I finally paid the fees and assured them that they just lost $20, 000 in tuition from my husband and me, as neither of us will EVER take another class with UOP. Also, to those of you who mentioned advisors helping and posting for you during your first class...I found out that the enrollment advisors don't get paid their commission until you complete you first class. So, if you're a new student, expect UOP to be extremely helpful in the beginning.

Comments

• We
      1st of Dec, 2010

Same thing happened to me!! They charged me for classes I did attend, the advisor logged in and posted for me the "the first class". I registered on Aug 28 and withdrew on Sept 4. They lied about my transfer credits being accepted, they lied about everything. Ruined my credit in the process. I went through all the proper credit collection disputing technics and they still continue to report falsely to the CRAs. I have TONS of documentation to prove their lies and deceipt. I'm just looking for the right law firm/class action to join.