Capella University Logo

Capella University

Having problems with Capella University?

Capella University Customer Service Contacts

1888 365 9550 (United States)
1866 734 5934 (Canada)
+1 612 339 8650 (International)
225 South 6th Street, 9th Floor
Thu7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Capella University Customer Service. Initial Capella University complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Capella University above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Capella University. Discuss the issues you have had with Capella University and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Capella University Complaints & Reviews

Capella Universityacademics

Found out I failed a class, was told by my counselor to send in a retake request. Recurved today that it was denied and I was kicked out of school today while I was actively taking classes.no explanations on why I was denied a retake when I have or is passing all other classes. I am a veteran using gi bill and they just payed for my next three months of school and I'm not able to finish the classes I'm still enrolled in.

• Th
      This does not happen to me Apr 03, 2020

OMG! The same thing happened to me! My advisor told me I was going to sit out for one term, he was getting me a new mentor and I would be back on track. Well instead I was dismissed! I was dismissed in December 2019! I have an appointment with an attorney. I will let you know how it goes.

Capella Universityfailure to process program change

Last month, I filed a formal complaint against professor Snarski for my first MBA Leadership course. Professor Snarski's grading criteria was sketchy at best. She deducted too many points for trivial things such as excessive spacing and minor grammatical issues. She cited APA as her criterion yet what she deducted didn't match up with her grading scale. I repeatedly attempted to work with this professor to mitigate this issue. However, it remains unresolved and I received an unfounded grade for the class.

Furthermore, this professor's unprofessionalism has put me on academic probation and I am awaiting a grade appeal. My program transfer is being held up due to this administrative error as well. My anticipated graduation date of December 2020 will be impacted by this error as well.

Capella Universityreview process of capstone final paper

I submitted my capstone final paper to Capella university review board on January 25. The policy is 2 weeks for a review. The Winter quarter ended on March 15 without any response from the review board. The Spring quarter is about to start and I still have not received a response. I am also requesting tuition credit for the Spring quarter. My mentor has tried to contact some one to inquire about the delay, but no one has an answer. I have reached out to the advising team and they have submitted a complaint and tried to contact someone from the review team. I still have not received an update concerning this matter.

Capella Universityphd program

I read a complaint online about capella. I too, had a major issue with them. I sent my required doctoral work to my chair for review. She sent me an email confirming receipt of it and said she would review and get back to me in a few weeks. The course ended without me hearing from her so I emailed to enquire about my status. She told me she never received the documents. I sent her a screenshot of the confirmation. She responded "oh I must have misplaced them. Send them again" so I did and the same thing happened again. I then lodged a complaint with the school. When my advisor learned of the complaint, she dropped me as an advisee. Then I had to go on a faculty search for a new advisor. When I finally got one to accept me, she reviewed my work that had been previously approved and stated that although it had already been approved, she didnt like it and instructed me to "start over from scratch" but would not provide an extension for me to complete the task now assigned. Lo and behold, I missed the next benchmark deadline and as such was administratively removed from the program. I spent a lot of money via financial aid for that program and will never yield a return. I will be paying off my student debts until I die because of them. Thankfully, I found a dissertation completion program at ncu to get me to cross the phd finish line but those student loans from an incomplete program are killing my credit score!

Sent from yahoo mail on android

Jan 10, 2019

Capella University — lack of support from a frustrated mft student

I have been in the marriage and family therapy (MFT) program since 2012. I have taken all the classes and...

Capella University — failing students based on an apa error.

For all students past and present with complaints against Capella, please see the new law passed on "Obama...

Capella University — retaliation practices

I filed a complaint against Capella in 2002 with the Federal Omsbudman. The complaint was settled between...

Capella University — billing practices

I was signing up for the second on line class when because of a family emergency I had to withdraw. I...

Capella University — horrible mentor

I had my first episode with my mentor in the summer of 2017. I was highly frustrated by the way my...

Capella University — service

I started Capella University in 2009. In 2012 I was in my practicum and internship I where I completed with...

Capella University — multiple-professors & tech

5/27/18 I have considerable issues with one classroom with accessing classrooms, submitting and replying...

Capella Universitymany issues and worst is the huge loan much beyond my capacity to repay for the rest of life

To keep me as a student longer in the system
          1. Lack of close guidance in the initial milestones
          2. Change of grade from satisfactory to unsatisfactory

Charging me with additional amounts twice

1. By delaying to drop me from course despite my timely request to be dropped of from the course

Kept me in the course and extending my program by a quarter.
          1. delayed submission of my paperwork to school committee by faculty
          2. delayed review of my paper by school committee

Slapped with a heavy lifetime debt of student loan by
          1. Lack of information provided on the type of loan - Unsubsidized ( feel like experiencing a heart attack) as I cannot afford the rise in interest on a daily basis! I am the bread winner, and feel drowned and can never lift my head.
          2. Repeatedly I was told my loan was less than 50, 000/- when it is 78, 000/-

Did not have a chance to even see my name in the list of graduates after all my struggle to earn the doctoral degree with $77, 000/- I wish not even my enemy any of the suffering I go through.
          Reasons provided are ridiculous.. such as submission of paper for printing
          They decided to put my name for Aug commencement graduates list!

I feel punished and do not even feel like taking pride in my degree for which I longed due to all the struggle and chasing with Capella.

Very insensitive, money oriented organization overall.
          My thought is go for it but knowing what you will have to go through!

• haney hudson Mar 24, 2018

contact: cyberghost200 @yahoo.com for help am very sure he can help you clear it all he's a good hacker without any trace of school database, give it a try...he help me when i was having the same issues also change my F's i was really happy

Capella Universityphd programs

Minnesota Office of Higher Education
            The Minnesota Office of Higher Education (OHE) licenses or registers most private colleges and out-of-state higher education institutions operating in Minnesota. The OHE has the authority to take action against the license of a private college or out-of-state higher education institution that violates Minnesota law. To file a complaint against a private college or out-of-state higher education institution, fill out the OHE's Student Complaint Formexternal link icon and send it to the OHE as follows:
            Minnesota Office of Higher Education
            1450 Energy Park Drive, Suite 350
            St. Paul, MN 55108

Capella University — inconsistent feedback, unprofessional, and much more.

I have been in the dissertation course for over two years, I was on milestone 5 majority of this time. I...

Capella University — the horrible mentors that they hire for phd programs

The mentors that teach at Capella are horrible. After I passed my comprehensive examI was assigned a mentor...

Capella Universitystudent loan and no job!

I graduated from Capella in March 2017 after completing my degree (PhD) in August 2016. To date, I remain unemployed, can not get a job, can not get help from Capella (except for a list of websites I am already on and how to write a resume) and I owe $1400/a month, DOUBLE what I expected to pay, which makes me question charges. I have a debt of $145, 000... more than a house in some parts of the country and I CAN NOT GET A JOB!!! I CAN NOT get help from Capella and I am drowning in debt. I believe I was over-charged for my degree (how can I owe so much, especially when I took off several quarters?!?!) and WHY can I not get a job? Is it the Capella name that is keeping me from it? (the success is 65%!) My teaching career has been excellent, with outstanding references and a track record that is incredible. This is mind blowing, a loan that is over $140, 000 and no way to pay, which has also impacted my credit score and personal life. It has had a terrible impact of my family and myself; personally, emotionally and mentally!

• Kw
                  KWall311 Mar 13, 2018

I, as well, graduated in 2017 (with my degree completion in 2016). I have had no change in employment or income status. In fact, the position I was hoping to gain at the end (Research Psychologist with the NAVY) is not attainable, because they do not respect the accreditation of Capella. $110k down the drain. Unbelievable.

• Ca
                  Capella_Staff Nov 29, 2017

We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns, as well as connect you with our Career Services team, which offers resources and career counseling. Please send us an email with your contact information along with the information you provided here to [email protected] and we will have a team member reach out to you.

Capella Universitysaid loan capped out with 2 classes left to graduate

I completed all my FAFSA documents and loans to get proper funding the 4 years I’ve been at Capella and I’m 2 classes away from graduating classes are due to start 10/09/17 and they say I can’t start my course until I pay a out of pocket expense of $3, 000 because my loan capped out. I wasn’t informed and they said the loan capped out for spring and summer but yet they let me continue with those classes and with this said balance. They said I need to pay the balance before 10/03/2017 and I just had a baby if I had the $3, 000 I wouldn’t need the loans in the first place. So now I won’t be able to graduate because it’s to late for any aid and they don’t even care I worked so hard to gain my degree and this is a kick in the face to not be able to obtain it.

said loan capped out with 2 classes left to graduate

• Ca
                    Capella_Staff Oct 02, 2017

Hi, Jessika. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you. Please send us an email with your contact information along with the information you provided here to [email protected] and we will have a team member reach out to you.

Capella University — financial aid

I need the Financial Aid Department to release, my aid in the Department of Education. I need it completed...

Capella University — capella university left me in debt with no degree

I started attending Capella University in Fall of 2008 at first I thought I was receiving a good education...

Capella University — corrupt, scam "school"

--- join our class action lawsuit --- Capella University Facts Many former students of CAPELLA are plagued...