University of Phoenix [UOPX] Logo

University of Phoenix [UOPX]

Having problems with University of Phoenix [UOPX]?

University of Phoenix [UOPX] reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 30, 2007. The latest review Axia online college was posted on Mar 24, 2021. The latest complaint university of phoenix was resolved on Aug 11, 2016. University of Phoenix [UOPX] has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 159 reviews. University of Phoenix [UOPX] has resolved 84 complaints.

University of Phoenix [UOPX] Customer Service Contacts

+1 844 937 8679 (Customer Service)
+1 877 832 4867 (Technical Support)
+1 602 557 5566 (Dispute Management)
1625 W. Fountainhead Pkwy
Tempe, Arizona
United States - 85282-2371

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with University of Phoenix [UOPX] Customer Service. Initial University of Phoenix [UOPX] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for University of Phoenix [UOPX] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about University of Phoenix [UOPX]. Discuss the issues you have had with University of Phoenix [UOPX] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

University of Phoenix [UOPX] Complaints & Reviews, Page 7

University Of Phoenix / Axia Online — class action lawsuit

We are doing a Class Action Law Suit against University of Phoenix/Axia Online We are looking for those who...

University of Phoenixfalse advising sent to collections

I enrolled in University of Phoenix In June 2005 I drop in January 2007 when I found out that my enrolledment councelor gave me and multiple students false advising about gratuating from college. Dave said we would finish college in 2yrs and I would get my Bachelor degree in Criminal Justice but it was all a lie. They just wanted to enroll students and rip them off!!! I think that is one of the worse colleges ever. All they do is lie and get your hopes up. After I drop my class they are billing me for it even though I din't attend and now when I am trying to go to a new college they won't give me my transcript since it's on hold because it's in collections. I don't know how they expect us to pay for a class which we never even took. University of Phoenix is a rip off. Who ever has probles with them should contact the Better Bussiness Bureau [protected] or their website www.bbb.org

• Lo
      Lookie lou Sep 28, 2009

Are you serious. Let me just say this... you DROPPED your classes and are shocked there is a hold on your transcripts and are billed from classes that you DROPPED. Hmm. Weird how that works. Now, you are filing a law suit because you did not graduate in 2 years??? Did you have any credits when you started??? I mean does ANYONE really think it is possible to EARN 120 credits for an ACCREDITTED degree in 2 years. I am sure your lawsuit will be thrown out.

Why don't people think about THEIR own part in their complaint.

JadedbyUOP Jul 12, 2009

If you are a student or an employee of UOP and you feel you have been treated unfairly, or even discriminated against please email me at [email protected] with a discription of what happened to you. Please also include the campus the incident occured. A class action suite against the university is being put together. Please only email if you are serious.

• Ri
      Ripper offs Jun 19, 2009

Shooter, to better explain myself to an retarted like you. We attend Axia "COLLEGE" Online because ofcourse just like you we also want to learn. That's why we enroll to college to get better english skills. But, we don't learn crap in Axia. Sorry we had to brake it down for you so that you can better understand the situation. I am sorry your brain does not help you in anyway to understand what we go through. I know you attend Axia because you write just like they teach you. Waste your time answering DQ's better...

• Sh
      shooter Jun 10, 2009

Sorry, but it sounds like you never should have even graduated from high school based on the English skills in your post.

University of Phoenix — deception and verbal telling of policies to students that are unwritten in student handbook

I want to be in a class action lawsuit against UoP. I feel terribly wronged by them and am looking for other...

North Chicago

University of PhoenixComplaints

I have attempted to make contact with my financial advisor and the office of dispute management on several occasions about closing my account and getting my financial aid released for me to apply to another university. Well, guess what, they can bother you like hell to get you to sign up, but once you are trying to leave you cannot. It is the worse experience ever. I wish I had seen these other complaints prior to signing up with them. I am even more in debt than before, and have nothing to show for it. They lied about me being able to be certified in LA, after 6 months into the program I found out that I would be only certified to teach in Arizona and that I would still have to work toward my certification in Louisiana. Oh, and by the way it was not told to me by the UoP but by the certification counselor for LA. It has been almost 2 months since my last class and they still have yet to release me from the university or release my financial aid. Does anyone know how to file a formal complaint with them?

• Bi
        bigtimegeologist Oct 01, 2009

I guess that's why they don't teach law at UoP hahaha

• Pl
        playette Sep 06, 2009

I have been trying to get a release from university of phoenix financial aid processing department for a month and two weeks now. I don't understand why they are delaying sending it to me. I have spoken to two or three supervisors in that department including over 30 representatives and still haven't had any luck with retrieving this information. I even followed the procedures in order to have it released with the FERPA release forms and all. Would someone please tell me who I can report this situation to. Please leave me a message in my email at [email protected] if you can assist me.

• Le
        legalchik Aug 26, 2009

My husband is going through the same thing, he went through the ENTIRE teaching program with them, got his "degree" (granted we had to get lawyers involved because we, too, had issues with the dispute management office and as a lawyer myself I knew that it would be the only way to get them to actually DO something). My husband took our IL state board of certification (which UofP said he had to take in order to continue on to the student teaching portion of the degree) only to ultimately be told that he is only qualified to teach in AZ. It has been heartbreaking to see our money go out the door and his career being basically stalled. He is now attending another school to basically get the same degree that he just received from UoP. This is the most worthless scam of a degree out there -- you will thank yourself for avoiding any involvement with this online program. I hope someone someday files some kind of lawsuit, or, at minimum an investigation into this sham and exposes them for the liars they are.

University Of Phoenix, Axiaecampus, University Of Phoenix Arizona, Apollo Group — fraud, fraud, on everything

I agree with all the ones who are complaining against university of phoenix, along with the other names they...

University Of Phoenix Axia Online — rip off

Hello fellow classmates or victims, I am another victim of The University of Phoenix Axia Online crap. I...

University of Phoenix — lied:told no loan, then told, yes, there is a loan

Hi My daughter was ripped by UOP and we are trying to get more people that were ripped off in the same...

University of Phoenix — sign you up, then leave you hanging!!

I have attended UOP for about a year and a half with fairly good results as far as professors are concerned...

University of Phoenix — fraudulent school and staff

I have been going to the University of Phoenix for over a year now and I must say that it is the worst...

Loan Check From University Of Phoenix — never received my check that was sent out on 4/14/09 and today it the 25th

My name is Amelia Binai. I live in Callahan, FL and hve been waiting on a check through the mail coming from...

University of Phoenix — scam and cheating

I am now a former student of the UoP -Axia College Online program. I found out about half way through my...

University of Phoenix — fraud and scam

On the day of my eighteenth birthday, I was contacted by a Ms. Patricia Takahashi, an enrollment counselor...

University of Phoenix — fraud

The University of Phoenix is a huge scam meant to con people into taking worthless classes while they take...

University of Phoenix — dropped me because of hardship then garnished my wages

I enrolled in University Of Phoenix in July of 2005. I lost my job a week after enrolling. Three weeks into...

University Of Phoenix Onlinebogus fees

My husband and I were working on our master's degrees together with UOP online. I had to take a break, due to medical reasons, and I informed my academic advisor that I would let her know when I was ready to resume classes. After a couple of months, I received an email from an instructor stating that I had not posted anything in the first two weeks of class. I contacted the instructor, as well as my academic and financial advisors to let them know that I did not register for the course. My account was charged over $200 for dropping the class late, when I actually never even agreed to register for the class. No one was willing to help me with my issue, no matter how hard I tried. I finally paid the fees and assured them that they just lost $20, 000 in tuition from my husband and me, as neither of us will EVER take another class with UOP. Also, to those of you who mentioned advisors helping and posting for you during your first class...I found out that the enrollment advisors don't get paid their commission until you complete you first class. So, if you're a new student, expect UOP to be extremely helpful in the beginning.

• We
          wendifromtexas Dec 01, 2010

Same thing happened to me!! They charged me for classes I did attend, the advisor logged in and posted for me the "the first class". I registered on Aug 28 and withdrew on Sept 4. They lied about my transfer credits being accepted, they lied about everything. Ruined my credit in the process. I went through all the proper credit collection disputing technics and they still continue to report falsely to the CRAs. I have TONS of documentation to prove their lies and deceipt. I'm just looking for the right law firm/class action to join.

University of Phoenixa huge scam - beware

Don't waste your time or money - you will never get what you're seeking and employers laugh at such a worthless piece of paper they call a "degree"

• Bi
            bigtimegeologist Oct 02, 2009

master body gaurd/ep ya that sounds like a real degree hahahaha. The specialist ppfffftttt what a joke i bet your "special" alright. here's a clue, if they don't offer a degree like science, art, law, medicine etc... (not with all the stupid little add on names behind them) they probably aren't REAL!!! suckers

• Sp
            specialist Jul 26, 2009

I'm very glad that I read all the complaints before I signed up for Master Body Guard/EP inst.cert.
            One thing would be different though, if I got ripped off I would without a doubt find a head to tear off and a butt to stuff it in.
            Someone should close PSU down before they get HURT!
            Sincerely:
            The Specialist

• Ar
            armywife65 May 18, 2009

@NoTimeForIdiots--you obviously work for UOP and are an idiot, like your screen name...and you obviously can't read ALL the complaints. I only wish my daughter and I would have read them BEFORE she got screwed by UOP

University of Phoenix — student loan

I enrolled with the University of Phoenix in 2006. The classes and everything fit my schedule, and everything...

University of Phoenixgrants/loans

After reading the complaints against UOP, I tend to agree with some of the statements. Yes, unfortunately the classes are too easy and do not expand upon an individuals field of interest. I would feel inadequate to counsel individuals at this time.
          My largest complaint is that I received every grant available. After completing my B.S. in Human Services September 2008, I received from my lender, (I was required to enroll with each collegiate year), a bill for approximately $24, 000. Yes, higher education is extremely expensive. I was constantly in touch with the school and Wells Fargo. My gift to all students of any school is "just try, try, try to get an answer for loans and grants!"

• Ri
              Rivera_mom Dec 29, 2009

I too am a victim of UoP. I lost a $80k job because of these liars! I am about to lose my house. I was told that I wouldn't have to pay either. I was going to have a grant to pay for the single class I said I would take. I left the school within 3 weeks because my son became ill. 5 years later, I find that they got some loan in my name, set me up for some Criminal Justice Program to obtain student loan money and messed up my credit dropping my score 80 points!

I have papers showing that I did not complete the forms to obtain any Federal Student Loan money yet money was given to them. They have some documents they claim I "electronically" signed but the were placed into their system in 2005...1 year after I withdrew.

We need to get all victims of this school together... [email protected]

• Xu
              xUOPstudent Sep 01, 2009

I was a student made it through just my first term and the day I was to post finals my classes showed dropped. I got no answers as to how or why this happened. Then they returned my loan money to the bank...just to attempt to bill me for more than a thousand dollars. I have switched schools FIRST I was given a placement test and wow don't have to take all the lower level classes that UOP required saving me money and the classes are real time classes so I don't have wait for anyone to respond via thread three days after the assignment is due.

• Ke
              Kelli May 15, 2009

I wish we could file a class action law suit against them for deception and lies. All unemployed in Michigan BE WARE of University of Phoenix when they say that Yes they do work with the Michigan Works office. THEY DO NOT!!! trust me I know.

• Da
              darlynn Feb 03, 2009

Why does this school not give more informative advice? I too had an ugly experience.

University of Phoenixcomplete scam

This "school" is a joke. I became disabled and had to find a new career, They really scammed me. What they charge is unreal. I went for 9 weeks and just ended up in debt. How they get away with this is unbelievable. I soon found out that almost every employer laughs at University of Phoenix degrees. These crooks go by so many different names. Axia. Apollo group. Western University.

RUN FROM THESE PEOPLE... ALL THEY WANT IS MONEY

• Sn
                Snowcrash Jan 25, 2010

The University of Phoenix placed 37th on the OEDB in 2009 http://oedb.org/rankings/graduation-rate with a graduation rate of 4%. The bottom of the list in case your looking. I am currently enrolled in the University of Phoenix. I am fortunate enough to have the benefit of these posts and forums because I WILL be changing schools now. I made it through my first block with a 4.0 up until I got bronchitis and still pulled a 3.0 by the end of the courses. "9 weeks" seems to be MORE than enough time to evaluate the institution that is supposed to be adept at educating people who have a schedule yet fails epically to accommodate it's students. At this point I can't call this University a "scam" but I can certainly cite many instances of complete failure. To anyone who may be currently enrolled and wondering why the UoP doesn't seem to get things accomplished I suggest you run. Find another school immediately! I actually just wanted the diploma to add to my achievements. I'm 38 and I've had a great career in IT and CGI that dwarfs that of some of my "college" educated competitors. I see no decisive edge to UoP education I can however foresee a stigma related to having a degree from this institution.

• Vi
                vickilouise Aug 24, 2009

I actually know people that have used their degrees from Axia which is the online division of University of Phoenix. It depends on the area you are going into career wise. No offense but if you only went there for 9 weeks than you really don't know whether it is worth it or not. Yes it is expensive but the only college options that are not expensive are community colleges. For people who can not attend an actual ground campus online school has been an amazing addition to education. Also I personally go there and although I will have to make an extra effort so I can get hands on training for my resume I love the school. The counselors are all very helpful and they call and check on my progress. Yes it is a business like every other college. Its not for everyone but for some its a great option, like me who is a stay at home mom and can not get to a campus because of my husbands schedule. I do think that it is awful whoever posted about their daughter not understanding the loan, because my counselors explained all that to me. I was made aware that on top of the pell grant (which does not cover all costs) that I would have a student loan. Its expensive because its college.

• Uc
                UC-STUDENT Jun 10, 2009

University of Phoenix, DeVry, ITT Tech, etc. ALL of these are scams by the standards of any real university. ANY ECONOMIST OR POLITICAL SCIENTIST CAN TELL YOU A-PRIORI WHAT THE PRIMARY FUNCTION OF FOR-PROFIT UNIVERSITIES ARE- they are profit seeking diploma mills that are set up specifically to pass accreditation- its called rent-seeking. All of these are DE FACTO diploma mills that have gained DE JURE status; their product is education and they are going to do whatever it takes to maximize revenue, minimize overhead while hiding behind facades propped up by professional marketing firms in order to misconstrue the truth. They have highly paid lawyers at every corner ready to protect their source of revenue, just like any other corporation.

GO TO YOUR LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE AND DO A 2 YEAR PROGRAM AND/OR TRANSFER TO A REAL UNIVERSITY!!! DO NOT GET SUCKED INTO THESE SCAMS!!

• Ar
                armywife65 May 18, 2009

@UofPhoenix--BULL! you obviously have not read all the freakin complaints have you. You get paid to say what your saying, you work there. My daughter got screwed and I almost got screwed

And with that said...

Hi
                My daughter was ripped by UOP and we are trying to get more people that were ripped off in the same way.

Her story is that, she is a single mom and thought she was getting a pell grant, to not have to pay anything what so ever for schooling, Her enrollment counselor says in the notes at UOP, that he walked her thru the loan process and told her how much the pmts would be, etct...BUT he never did, he told her she was not getting a loan that it was just formality for in case she wanted a loan. She would have never signed up with UOP if she had known she was getting a loan.

I specifically asked my daughter, if she was sure she was not getting a loan and she said yes, it's all free, because she's not working and she's a single mom...well they screwed her and now they are saying that she owes $15, 000.00 in student loans and that "she signed" which she was TOLD to sign, that it was all formality.

If we can get enough people, we will file a class action law suit. So if there is anyone that was told, they would not have to pay anything on a continuous basis from UOP, and now has to pay those loans, please email us

our email for this issue we are using is: [email protected]
                Hope to hear back from you
                Sincerely
                Sheila Robinson

• Ke
                Kelli May 15, 2009

What ever, you do not care about "your students". You protect your people and to heck with the rest of us. Your ODM is a JOKE!! It is true, your people can screw us and still keep their jobs and go to school for free. Your only out for the almight dollar and to heck with the people how truley have a passion for a quality education.

• Uo
                UofPhoenix Feb 02, 2009

On behalf of the University of Phoenix, I have been asked to respond to your comments. The University strives to provide excellent customer service, and our goal is to demonstrate this commitment in all of our actions. We are always eager to review any comments or concerns from students and will work diligently to review any opportunities for improvement.

While we encourage all students to work with their local campus directly, the University also has a department dedicated to handling student complaints. The Office of Dispute Management (ODM) is responsible for all student and faculty grievances and appeals. Our goal is to resolve and bring closure to escalated student issues either by correcting a problem for a student or providing the student with sufficient detail as to why the University took a particular action or made a particular decision. If you would like to pursue a complaint with ODM, please contact our office using one of the methods listed below.

Mailing address:

[protected]

Fax:
                [protected]

University Of Phoenix Online — terrible experience

Reformatting my paper submitted at the conclusion of a 43-unit program, an instructor ignored for an entire...