Walden University Logo

Walden University

Having problems with Walden University?

Walden University Customer Service Contacts

1855 646 5286 (Customer Service)
1855 598 3427 (Tempo Learning Competency-Based Education)
800 9253 3381 (All Other Countries)
1888 483 8041 (Mexico)
+1 888 483 8056 (Bahamas)
+973 80 004 429 (Bahrain)
+1 800 988 5095 (Barbados)
+32 80 080 689 (Belgium)
+1 800 988 5262 (Bermuda)
+1 800 988 5081 (Cayman Islands)
+1 800 988 5080 (Jamaica)
+351 800 208 125 (Portugal)
+1 877 256 1948 (Puerto Rico)
+966 800 844 5397 (Saudi Arabia)
+31 207 130 200 (Asia, Australia, Africa, Europe & Middle East)
+1 443 627 7222 (Caribbean, Central, North & South America)
100 Washington Ave. South, Suite 900
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Transcript Submissions
650 South Exeter Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21202

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Walden University Customer Service. Initial Walden University complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Walden University above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Walden University. Discuss the issues you have had with Walden University and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Walden University Complaints & Reviews

Walden UniversityDoctoral degrees

Walden University misrepresent how long it takes to complete a doctorate degree, with me, it is taking over 7 years, at a cost of 135, 021.14 presently. Numerous students have sued Walden University and their parent company Laureate Education. Dept. of Education settled a student class action lawsuit against Walden, allowing students with federal loans to forgive debt, but that does not help privately financed students. Laureate are attempting to dump Walden by selling to Adtalem by March 2021, but now Adtalem have wised up snd are trying to terminate the deal. The US Dept of Justice are now investigating Laureate and Walden. This all means students will be the ultimate losers!

• Walden University's response · Dec 17, 2020

At Walden University, we take the concerns and experiences of our students very seriously, and wish to hear from you if your experience did not meet your expectations, so that we can work with you to try to resolve your concerns. If you would like to discuss your specific situation, we are here to help you.

If you are a current student, or attended Walden within the past year, please contact us by clicking on this link to complete this form https://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/a01on77Qb5e5z1I and provide us with specific details of your situation, and one of our school managers will contact you.

If you are a former Walden University student who last attended Walden more than one year ago, please contact [email protected] and provide us with your name, student ID, program of study, dates of enrollment, location, and specific details of your situation, and a Walden representative will contact you.

Oct 15, 2020

Walden University — Tempo graduate studies financial aid

My higher educational experience with Walden University has been highly professional and frustrating. I am...

Walden UniversityBeing kicked out of the mpa program and not being accepted to criminal justice

So In June the 12th to the 24th I was sick. I could not focus on the class load. because my illness. So Walden kicked me out of the program. I asked the professor for help with the assignments she seemed busy with other people. I filed an appeal sent everything to them. A note from the outpatient Walden Officials wanted them to elaborate on my illness. And to add insult to injury, they had me go through the process of enrolling into another program again. I went through the process AGAIN, only to not be accepted. No reason given. I guess once they get the money its deny access. They claimed I have a 2.8 in the program. however when I checked my core courses 3.1? I have never had an issue. It seemed like a revolving door of administrators who have no idea who you are until you complain it takes them 3 day to get back to you. Its a waste of money. I received a Masters from Walden. How is it that a person, that has a great academic track record not be accepted into a school he had been attending?

• Walden University's response · Oct 28, 2020

Walden UniversityClasses

I started classes in 2014, I was told I would be done in 16 months here it is 2020 and I am still not done, I am now in collections because Walden kept advising I needed more general study classes and electives to the point I ran out of money. I have spoken to other colleges and they advised that is way to many electives and general studies for a bachelor's degree, I was also told when I started the money I had for financial aid and loans I would have more than enough to graduate. So In 2018, I couldn't finish so a 16 months course turned into almost 4 years. I feel I should have already had my degree and not have to spend over 8000.00 more out of my pocket. I am ready to hire a lawyer and go to the board of education. I was told by my advisor that I needed these classes incase I wanted to work out side my degree, I am not sure how that is even right. I need to get this resolved so I can get a degree that I will have to pay on vert shortly

• Walden University's response · Oct 28, 2020

Walden UniversityWorst online college

I have many complaints against Walden and hiring a lawyer. I was supposed to graduate this week but Walden told me I had to take another class my GPA was 2.98 but my professor did not grade my assignments correctly and he was supposed to go back and grade them and did not. I had to start my class two weeks late because of COVID and the professor would never email me back on how to get caught up on my assignments. The advisor was no help and told me basically I needed to take another course. I do not know how I made an A in my clinicals and they gave me a C for my class when the professor did not grade my assignments correctly. Anytime I had issues and reached out to someone they never got back with me.

• Walden University's response · Sep 21, 2020

Walden UniversityUnprofessional behavior

The attached documents refer.
          Having waited patiently for someone higher up to get in touch with regard to unprofessional customer support by Daniel Marti Moreno who failed or deliberately ignored an email sent on April 16, 2020, I decided that the best way forward is via this platform. Daniel did, however, send an email on May 22, probably after someone asked him to, but it did not address my concerns. Accordingly, it did not make sense to respond to the email sent on May 22.
          As someone who grew up in an environment where people like me were treated like sub-human beings, I least expected this kind of treatment, especially from a prestigious University like Walden. Right now I am concerned with why I was treated the way I was treated so that I learn from my fault or mistake. Admittedly, my resolve and iron will is unstoppable, and mulling to continue my journey with a University that treats students with respect and prioritizes their welfare.

• Walden University's response · Jul 20, 2020

Jul 09, 2020

Walden University — Financial aid

I am right at the point of collecting and analyzing data when I am told that I no longer have financial aid...

Walden Universityeducational services

Was told I would have classes transferred over, that never actually where or accepted and at the end of the semester I end up having to owe 4000.00 plus dollars and within less than a year the school has sent me to a debt collection agency and then still calls me like I am a student in the program.

• Walden University's response · May 22, 2020

Walden UniversityFinancial Aid

Getting your refund from this school each quarter is a nightmare. Getting them to explain how refund are issued is useless. They never give a straight answer and always point you back to the student manual. My friend and I financial aid posted to our accounts the same day which was on March 5. We both started classes on the same day. She has received her refund, and my account is still showing a credit. I called to ask and all I got was a generic answer. I am really tired of this school. I think things would change once the president went from interim to official things would change. What a joke! Today is March 10 and I'm still waiting on my refund.

• Walden University's response · Mar 12, 2020

Walden Universitywalden's mphil degree for current phd students

Last year Walden university offered the MPhil degree to students who have completed the coursework prior to entering the dissertation phase. Unfortunately I didn't meet the criteria because I was dismissed from the program due to unsatisfactory grades. I contacted academic advisors to reenroll but was informed that Walden university is not accepting students from New York state, due to an issue with the department of education state legislation . So now I'm ABD and in debt. One thing Walden university can do for me is grant me the MPhil degree because I doubt it if the state legislation issue will be resolved. In the meantime I'm trying to pay off my student loans.

• Walden University's response · Dec 10, 2019

Walden Universitybsn to msn aim program

This school lied to me about the BSN to MSN program. When I first signed up, I was told by an advisor they will accept my 8 years experience as an LPN and 1-year experience as an RN since you need 2 years of experience. A year later when I almost have done the BSN program, I am now told they will not take my LPN into consideration and will have to wait another year. Not only have I spent thousands of dollars on 3 MSN courses that I really didn't need and have to wait 1 more year to get into the MSN program. This is fraud and unacceptable that I was lied to.

• Walden University's response · Jul 22, 2019

Walden Universityfinancial aid

I contacted financial aid several times regarding an issue and to no avail was unable to get any assistance. Since they couldn't help they told me that a supervisor would call me back within two days. What type of university has its students to wsit 2 days for a response to an issue. Needless to say I never received a call back but an email to my issue which is still unresolved. I contacted the presidents office and spoke to the ombudsman who stated he would have the financial aid director contact me and that never happened. I am in week 9 of my second class and after completing I will not enroll in any additional classes with this incompetent university. There's no way I will spend this type of money on classes and when I call someone about an issue can't get a resolve. My name is Shalathiel Sharp and phone number is [protected].

• Walden University's response · May 03, 2019

Walden Universitystudent services and removing from class

I was remove from online class. I was attending weekly turning in my assignment. They was saying I only had 171 points and the grade book. I had a 180. The first week I had 91 points. I redid my assignment made a 90 that's a total of 180. Financial aid saying they have not receive disbursement. There was a balance of $3, 212 now the account has $ 0.

Walden University — reached tuition limit

I wrote to WU Student Support Team today and Scott Parsons Office of Financial Aid Walden University RE: Case...

Walden University — college credits tuition

Walden University is a rip off called for information of program next thing I'm enrolled logged in one time...

Walden University — doctoral program

To whom it may concern, I began attending Walden University in September of 2014 as a doctoral candidate...

Walden University — financial aid customer service

When you call the financial aid office/billing office: you have to speak to a series of ghetto call center...

Walden University — service educational courses to students

On May 26, 2017 at approximately 5:47 PM, I received an academic warning from Walden University concerning my...

Walden University Student — Marketing strategy

Dear McAfee, I bought a computer years ago and your reminder to purchase McAfee pops up numerous times while...

Walden University — Billing department

I was enrolled in Walden's Tempo Learning, and finished the entire program within 9 months. This was my...