Walden University Logo

Walden University

Having problems with Walden University?

1855 646 5286 (Customer Service)
1855 598 3427 (Tempo Learning Competency-Based Education)
800 9253 3381 (All Other Countries)
1888 483 8041 (Mexico)
+1 888 483 8056 (Bahamas)
+973 80 004 429 (Bahrain)
+1 800 988 5095 (Barbados)
+32 80 080 689 (Belgium)
+1 800 988 5262 (Bermuda)
+1 800 988 5081 (Cayman Islands)
+1 800 988 5080 (Jamaica)
+351 800 208 125 (Portugal)
+1 877 256 1948 (Puerto Rico)
+966 800 844 5397 (Saudi Arabia)
+31 207 130 200 (Asia, Australia, Africa, Europe & Middle East)
+1 443 627 7222 (Caribbean, Central, North & South America)
100 Washington Ave. South, Suite 900
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Transcript Submissions
650 South Exeter Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21202

Complaints & Reviews

[Resolved] educational services

Was told I would have classes transferred over, that never actually where or accepted and at the end of the semester I end up having to owe 4000.00 plus dollars and within less than a year the school has sent me to a debt collection agency and then still calls me like I am a student in the program.

• Walden University's response · May 22, 2020

At Walden University, we take the concerns and experiences of our students very seriously, and wish to hear from you if your experience did not meet your expectations, so that we can work with you to try to resolve your concerns. If you would like to discuss your specific situation, we are here to help you.

If you are a current student, or attended Walden within the past year, please contact us by clicking on this link to complete this form https://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/a01on77Qb5e5z1I and provide us with specific details of your situation, and one of our school managers will contact you.

If you are a former Walden University student who last attended Walden more than one year ago, please contact [email protected] and provide us with your name, student ID, program of study, dates of enrollment, location, and specific details of your situation, and a Walden representative will contact you.

[Resolved] Financial Aid

Getting your refund from this school each quarter is a nightmare. Getting them to explain how refund are issued is useless. They never give a straight answer and always point you back to the student manual. My friend and I financial aid posted to our accounts the same day which was on March 5. We both started classes on the same day. She has received her refund, and my account is still showing a credit. I called to ask and all I got was a generic answer. I am really tired of this school. I think things would change once the president went from interim to official things would change. What a joke! Today is March 10 and I'm still waiting on my refund.

• Walden University's response · Mar 12, 2020

[Resolved] walden's mphil degree for current phd students

Last year Walden university offered the MPhil degree to students who have completed the coursework prior to entering the dissertation phase. Unfortunately I didn't meet the criteria because I was dismissed from the program due to unsatisfactory grades. I contacted academic advisors to reenroll but was informed that Walden university is not accepting students from New York state, due to an issue with the department of education state legislation . So now I'm ABD and in debt. One thing Walden university can do for me is grant me the MPhil degree because I doubt it if the state legislation issue will be resolved. In the meantime I'm trying to pay off my student loans.

• Walden University's response · Dec 10, 2019

[Resolved] bsn to msn aim program

This school lied to me about the BSN to MSN program. When I first signed up, I was told by an advisor they will accept my 8 years experience as an LPN and 1-year experience as an RN since you need 2 years of experience. A year later when I almost have done the BSN program, I am now told they will not take my LPN into consideration and will have to wait another year. Not only have I spent thousands of dollars on 3 MSN courses that I really didn't need and have to wait 1 more year to get into the MSN program. This is fraud and unacceptable that I was lied to.

• Walden University's response · Jul 22, 2019

[Resolved] financial aid

I contacted financial aid several times regarding an issue and to no avail was unable to get any assistance. Since they couldn't help they told me that a supervisor would call me back within two days. What type of university has its students to wsit 2 days for a response to an issue. Needless to say I never received a call back but an email to my issue which is still unresolved. I contacted the presidents office and spoke to the ombudsman who stated he would have the financial aid director contact me and that never happened. I am in week 9 of my second class and after completing I will not enroll in any additional classes with this incompetent university. There's no way I will spend this type of money on classes and when I call someone about an issue can't get a resolve. My name is Shalathiel Sharp and phone number is [protected].

• Walden University's response · May 03, 2019

student services and removing from class

I was remove from online class. I was attending weekly turning in my assignment. They was saying I only had 171 points and the grade book. I had a 180. The first week I had 91 points. I redid my assignment made a 90 that's a total of 180. Financial aid saying they have not receive disbursement. There was a balance of $3, 212 now the account has $ 0.

reached tuition limit

I wrote to WU Student Support Team today and Scott Parsons Office of Financial Aid Walden University RE: Case...

college credits tuition

Walden University is a rip off called for information of program next thing I'm enrolled logged in one time...

doctoral program

To whom it may concern, I began attending Walden University in September of 2014 as a doctoral candidate...

financial aid customer service

When you call the financial aid office/billing office: you have to speak to a series of ghetto call center representatives. The only tools they seem to have are scripts with rebuttals to frequently asked questions. The same thing happens when you send an email. They are on the front line and act as gatekeepers to the actual financial aid officers. Asking them a question they don't understand will leave you in doubt about your academic future. They are rude, unaware and disrespectful. These agents have no problem hanging up on students they have put thousands of dollars into their University. These unprofessional call center agents will make you lose confidence in Walden University. Why would a hard working/tired/educated person want to exposed to this kind of treatment? They would not! This is why I am transferring my credits to a more professional institution.

• Ta
    Tate19 Oct 23, 2019

I am currently a student at Walden University and an alumni. I have been put through so many hoops in trying to get my financial aid resolved. I have emailed them I know 10 times back and forth. I have sent all the necessary paperwork they have asked me for. They will not respond to my emails. They are not submitting my documentation as they say they would. I submitted one document they ask for then they come back and ask for another document. Once I submit it they say it is going to be 10 business before they can even look at the paper and get back with me and this is for each document that I have sent. I have been in classes since Sept 7, 2019 and this problem is still not resolved. My classes have yet to be paid for and they constantly sending me a bill. They gave me a deadline date in which they say they would reach out to me and the date as come and gone and I have not heard anything as of yet. Different people I have spoken to have sent in several request to resolved this issue and they are not responding their request. I don't understand!!! I am going to go to whoever I need to go to in order get this resolved and tell others about my experience that I am having with them.

service educational courses to students

On May 26, 2017 at approximately 5:47 PM, I received an academic warning from Walden University concerning my doctoral program, the University is claiming that I did not meet the minimum standards for the program after we had completed the requirements for the APA publications manual. Because of this I have been placed on academic warning because my GPA is below 3.0 this would be a bit hard to believe, considering I came into the school with a GPA of 4.00 and I was a straight A, student coming from a Master’s degree program. In this report. My fellow students will get to personally review my writing style, as this is the report that will be sent to Walden upon my voluntarily withdrawing from the school. But before I go, I want my classmates to know that I did do work and I will be explaining a lot of reasons why I have decided to leave Walden. I will try to be simple and brief and concentrate only on the key points that I think are relevant to my withdrawal, unknowing to your surrounding classmates. There may be other classmates that are in a condition of distress, because of Walden academic procedures. Let’s look at some evidence. No student deserves a failing grade, if they have done some work, the only student that deserves a failing grade is a student that has done no work at all. Because there would be no basis to give a grade because no work was done.
A for-profit college or university is owned and run by a private organization or corporation. A for-profit school charges you tuition, but doesn’t necessarily spend it on your education. Instead, they spend a good deal of it on marketing and recruiting. A for-profit college’s primary objective is to make money, and they usually have to answer to their stockholders — not their students. They usually don’t pay their professors and instructors as much as the not-for-profit schools do, which may well result in less qualified, less motivated teachers. They rarely provide curricular opportunities. They usually don’t conduct research, and they often rent the space they use as opposed to investing in a property.
According to one study conducted by the Center for Analysis of Postsecondary Education and Employment, alumni of for-profit colleges tend to earn lower salaries than their nonprofit alumni peers.
And many of these students aren’t even graduating. According to The New York Times, your odds of earning a bachelor’s degree from one of the leading for-profit schools is about 1 in 5, within six years. Your chances of defaulting on the loans you took out to pay for this bachelor’s degree? About 1 in 4, within three years. Even if you did want to gamble with your education, those are not very good odds.
According to a recent report issued by Senator Tom Harkin, most students entering a for-profit degree program dropped out. The median time from starting to quit? Four months. His study blamed this dropout rate on a lack of support for students.
This dropout rate may also have to do with the preparedness of the students who enter these programs. Many of these for-profit schools just don’t turn people away, whether they are ready for class or not. If I don’t have the skills to begin a degree program, and I apply to a not-for-profit school, my application is probably going to get rejected. If I don’t have the skills to begin a degree program, and I apply to a for-profit school, there’s a very good chance I’ll be accepted, whether I’m ready or not. Why? Because my check cleared.
in conclusion, I’ve presented to you information concerning academic warnings, a publication concerning the comparisons of profit and not-for-profit universities, key reasons why you should look deeper into your Walden academics more specifically, why is one specific course book being repeated six times over in the course, why are students not being allowed an opportunity to make up work, but instead are being pushed towards redoing the entire program at a greater expense, concerns about academic credits that should have been awarded and were not or will not be awarded, also concerns considering the fact that we have over a dozen students in different states filing complaint publications, these being the proven facts, with an unresponsive type of atmosphere, and a lack of concern for disability students. There are laws under the Americans with Disabilities Act. I will be withdrawing my academic pursuits, it Walden University. As I do not feel that I am getting any value for my money, and I do not feel that the University is really concerned with me getting the education I am paying for I believe they’re more concerned with getting paid than they are with my education. Dishonesty in the school.

Marketing strategy

Dear McAfee, I bought a computer years ago and your reminder to purchase McAfee pops up numerous times while...

Billing department

I was enrolled in Walden's Tempo Learning, and finished the entire program within 9 months. This was my second master's degree program with the school, and up until now, I have never experienced a problem.

When applying for student loans, you are required to take out a loan for an entire year. Since I finished the program under that time, I was given a refund check for the balance of my loan back in June. I called the business office, and was told to cash the check, even though I told them the money should go back to the student loan company. I cashed the check in July (and sent the money to higher interest bills).

In September, I received a statement from Walden saying that I owed back this money because they also refunded the money back to my student loan company, after they specifically told me they wouldn't do that. Since then, I have sent several emails and left numerous messages in regards to this. This is their error, and I feel as though they should get the money back from the loan company. I should not be responsible to pay back this money to the school because of their error (especially when I was told to cash the check!).

It is now the end of October, and I have received another statement noting my past due balance, and have received 0 return calls on the matter. I will not be recommending this school to anyone, or furthering my education here ever again.

Incompetent advisors, stole refund, deliberately delayed, refuse degree

I was assigned an incompetent advisor who wasted a year. Then I was assigned another advisor who was good but chose to avenge by lowering already allocated full marks if I raised any legitimate concerns regarding Walden.
Bursar kept my refund even though I am done with a 4.0 GPA. Now nobody responds. I have no degree after 2.5 years and I do not know what to do.

Lack of support for internship

I am completed all course requirements for masters in mental health counseling. Once I completed all the...

Master's degree in Mental Health Counseling

Hello, I graduated from Walden with a master’s in Mental Health Counseling. I have hard evidence of fraud on...

Scam

I enrolled in the EdD program with Walden. Six years later and $100, 000 in debt, I am still not finished. The doctoral project study is an inefficient process. Each time I complete a section, the feedback requires changes and then more feedback with additional changes on other areas that didn't require an edit when initially submitted. I truly believe it is an attempt to keep students in the program for as long as possible for the tuition.

The problem is once you are at a certain point, you are trapped. I can't walk away with nothing after spending all this time and money. I am appalled that Walden is allowed to get away with this!

Free-Trial

I was given an opportunity to utilize a free-trial with Walden University to consider for my online...

Master's in FPSY

On March 24, 2016, I received an email from Walden. Luckily I forwarded this email to my personal account...

this university doesn't use the essential programs, which the students require for the future work

I have attended the course of Design and Technology in Walden University. We didn’t use such programs as Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and others, which are essential if you want to work in this field. I was shocked, when the employers found out that I didn’t know these programs and haven’t used them. I was disappointed that I have studied in this University and paid such large tuition fee.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices